Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

The inevitable price of being a daemon

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Amos

Amos

Full name : Amadeus Alexander Loviatar
Quote : I always get what I want.

The inevitable price of being a daemon Empty
PostSubject: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 9:44 pm

Topic to @Haeven <3

He had agreed to come to the temples but it was as if the closer they got, the sourer his mood became. Amos was rarely irrationally angry, there was always some sort of reasoning behind it. But how could he not? He knew what the terms were for him to be a free daemon, but he hadnt thought that it would be this soon that he would be assigned someone. Hell, his father was well over 800 years and not once been assigned to marry anyone. Was it wrong to find it unfair as a young daemon of 18? “This sucks,” he mumbled, his arms crossed to show just how uncomfortable he was with the whole thing. “I’m not going to marry some stranger just because some old crusty fucks are saying so. I’m not just some item for them to use,” he hissed, closing his eyes as he tried to draw in some deep breaths to calm himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 10:01 pm

Alyssa knew it was a tough one to crack, as she had once been in Amos' shoes. Her marriage had been quite good at first, but when she had fallen pregnant that was when the distance between her and Simeon had appeared. Of course she had never loved him, but she had respected him and his passion with the Order. For better or for worse, that was the saying after all. "You won't have to spend much time with her if you don't like her, but it will be expected that you at least produce a child together," she said in a faint sigh. She hadn't liked getting the news either. Amos was still young, he had so much to explore, and part of Alyssa thought that the only reason for this was to keep him from mingling with light creatures like Baal. "Try and keep in mind that the other daemon might not wish this as well, but it is much more like a business transaction," she said, her voice becoming a little more dull. It was usually like this when they got closer to the temple, stepping in to the role as a leader, not as a parent. A daemon was raised to believe that the Orders came before the family, but Alyssa had always seemed to manage it quite evenly, even supporting Baal and Buffy.

Haeven felt nervous. She felt like she had been asleep for so long, and her memories were jumbled up in to one big mess. However hearing that she was at a prospect to get married made her happy. She would finally get what she had been longing for; A place to call her own, the ability to roam the world even if it was with a practical stranger. She had been dressed rather nicely, a light grey dress that covered her down to her ankles, and her hair had been decorated with fresh flowers. She felt almost like royalty. The only problem was that she felt like someone was missing, like she needed to have someone by her side, but she didn't know who.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 10:03 pm

"Like I'm even close to being fit for fatherhood," he murmured sourly, shaking his head at himself. It made sense that the order feared that he would tread in his father's steps, and if they had only known of the relationship he had with Saoirse, then they wouldnt be wrong. He just hated that he didnt have much of a say in it. He sighed deeply and crossed his arms. "I dont care about the other daemon. Whoever she is," he said but that was mostly out of spite. He knew it wasnt his mother's fault and that she probably felt the same as him about the situation. But what else could he do than act out? He didnt feel prepared for something such as this, felt far too young to be bound to someone, especially someone that he didnt even love.
He looked at the temple as they arrived, looking at his mother with pleading eyes. "I dont want to do this," he said, almost begging as if the whole situation was turning him into the scared little boy he once had been.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 10:51 pm

Alyssa hated this as well, she knew her son was not a stranger to relationships, most of them fleeting, but she had been much the same when she was his age. Perhaps even worse. As the car stopped, she looked at him with sadness in her eyes; The thing about Alyssa was that she only showed her true emotions around her son, it was as if motherhood had given her more empathy than she could ever had gotten on her own. "I know you don't want to do this, but this is the way things are ... I have been fighting this longer than you know, just try not to make a scene," she said, placing a hand on her son's shoulder, looking at him rather seriously. She knew that denying this could have serious consequences, and for all they knew the match might turn out to not be favorable in the eyes of the Order anyways. "I know I'm not the greatest role model in this situation, but trust that I will make things right if this ends out anyway worse than you are thinking," she said. It was clear that she would do anything for her family, but she would sacrifice her entire existence just to see Amos happy in life. She wasn't blind to what he felt for Saoirse, and frankly Alyssa saw nothing wrong in the relationship. As long as they were happy, she would not dictate what they did, and in that way she was probably much different than Baal and Buffy's upbringing of their child.
Alyssa stepped out of the car, seeing as she was leader of the Empusa Order, she didn't technically have to be there, but seeing as it was her son being pledged to marry someone, it was to show their respect that she had been invited. "Just breathe, don't let them see you cower," she said in a more harsh tone, but it was only to warn him. She loved him more than anything, and inside the temple she wouldn't be able to do much to defend him.
"Alyssa, my my how your son has grown," said the leader of the purebloods that was there to represent Amos in all of this. "Yes but he still has much more growing to do," she said more matter of factly, turning to look at the statue of Bael, bowing her head in respect before following the leader. They were led in to a ceremonial room, not really to be used today, but it was a nice spot to meet each other fairly.

Haeven felt her heart sitting in her throat, and as the door opened she at first saw and older pureblood, followed by an empusa and then ... There he was. A pureblood daemon. Her ticket out of here and a chance of a new life. A shy smile crept up on her face, adjusting her dress a little.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 11:54 pm

He wasnt sure what else to do that express how little he wanted it. He wasnt dumb, he knew what would happen if he actively rebelled. If his mother hadnt been a part of the order of empusas, he could have run away and completely just disappeared. Maybe take Saoirse with him and start a new life somewhere. But it would only reflect negatively on his mother, as she was expected to have taught him just right. He got out of the car and straightened his back, frowning to himself. "I know," he mumbled, even with the reminder, he most probably wasnt going to shed that bratty attitude of his.
He let the leaders talk as he just looked around shortly. He just followed their lead to the ceremonial room, looking very much like someone who did not want to be there in that moment. Even when he saw her in the other end of the room. She was pretty sure, she would have been the type that he would have had some sort of fling with if he could. But under the circumstances that they were in, this was something else. This was something that he didnt want. He noticed her smile and he couldnt bring himself to return it. He went up next to her and looked at her shortly before looking ahead. "Dont look too happy," he mumbled, just looking ahead rather than at her. He couldnt even fake his boyish charm to put up some sort of facade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 10:37 am

Stepping in to the room, there had been no real talk about who the match for Amos was, but as Alyssa saw the brown haired girl, she felt her blood freeze. She was supposed to be dead. She had died, that night when Baal lost sight of her, she was killed by a rogue daemon. But here she was, and it took everything in Alyssa to not run to the girl and wrap her arms around her. However she knew better than to do that, this was not just to keep Amos in check, it was her and Baal as well. They knew how much the two of them had cared for Haeven, how they had grieved for the first time in their lives. She also felt the urge to call Baal, have him recall that night just to be sure that this wasn't some cruel trick of her mind.

Haeven didn't recognize the empusa, her mind still a bit fuzzy on her past, but seeing the pureblood approach her she just smiled more. He stood beside her, and she felt her heart beat with happiness, until he spoke. Her eyes fell empty, looking down as she folded her hands as to not fiddle with her dress. "Understood," she said more submissively. She felt her body react, but she couldn't do anything to show it. She wanted to cry, because she had thought that this guy would do something else than order her around like the rest of her kind. But all she knew was how to obey, the conversations she had had with Baal about liberating the summoners long gone in her mind. "Would you like me to display another emotion instead?" she whispered, unsure of how she was supposed to look to be accepted by him. All she wanted was just to have a chance at a normal life, and if she failed at even the greeting part, would she ever be able to leave the temple?

Alyssa stepped closer, standing in front on Haeven, wanting to reach out and touch her. Maybe adjust one of her flowers that were slowly sliding from her hair. "So this is the woman you want me to call daughter?" she said, looking at the leaders before moving her eyes back on Haeven. Reaching forward, she placed a finger under her chin - how she had used to do back in the day - lifting her face up to look at her. Amos would be able to see the change in his mother's behavior, but the rest of the leaders would be none the wiser. "You do look beautiful," she said, letting go of her face before looking at her son. She felt torn. On one hand she knew how much this meant to be free for Haeven, but she also understood that it would mean chaining her son down. "Let us let them have some time to get to know each other," Alyssa said, guiding the rest of the leaders out of the room leaving the two matched in the room.

Haeven felt like she had just been given some sort of glimpse of her past, but she wasn't sure why. The empusa seemed so familiar now, but then again she couldn't put a name to her. The summoner turned to face the pureblood by her side. "My name is Haeven, what is yours?" she asked, but she sounded fragile, like she could so easily be broken.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 3:17 am

He had mostly spoken out of spite so hearing her so submissive in her tone as she seemed to think he was commanding her in any way made him look at her in an odd way. The question just seemed to put him off even further, staring at her for a short moment before he simply shook his head and rolled his eyes, "Dont be weird, I'm not like your owner or something like that," he hissed a little aggressively in a deep sigh, looking back at his mother and the other leaders. He definitely wasnt comfortable with this situation but had to keep his calm somewhat. He felt a little lost but didnt want it to seem too obvious, watching as his mother approached them. He watched the interaction between her and the summoner which made him frown a little. His confusion only seemed to grow because he could see that there was something unspoken from his mother's side towards the other woman. He looked down as she looked to him, he felt bad for hissing at the summoner now when he was unsure how his mother felt.

When the others left, he clenched his jaw a little because he really didnt want to get to know her or go through all this stuff. Haeven. What an interesting name. "Amos," he mumbled, placing his hands in his pockets while he kept his eyes on the ground. "I'm sorry if I've come off as mean. I just wasnt looking for some sort of union today," he explained, looking up at her with a small frown over his brows. "But I cant do anything about it really. I know you summoners are supposed to be submissive and just do what you're told, but I dont believe in that bullshit, okay?" - "Let's just make this easier for the both of us. I can give you your freedom and in return all I ask is to have my own too," he explained, hoping she would understand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 10:44 am

Amos. It sounded like a sweet name, at least to the summoner's ears. He had been a bit aggressive, but she hoped that by being more soft he wouldn't get more angry with her. He then apologized, making her eyes widen a bit in surprise, because when had someone ever apologized to her? It always seemed like she was the one who had to excuse her entire existence. However his words about not seeking a union made her look down. She hadn't expected anyone to actually want her, which was why she had been so nervous. Remaining quiet while he spoke, she fiddled a bit with her dress, but sometimes she stopped, her hands stretching like she was reminding herself to act presentable. She looked at him as he finished, not really understanding, because sure she wanted her freedom, but she wanted it with the one that was chosen for her. "You don't like me?" she asked, her eyes fluttering for a bit before she looked down shaking her head. Of course he didn't like her, she was just some low ranking summoner, nothing special.
"It's alright that you don't like me, you don't have to love me or even accept this union," she said, feeling herself close to tears. All these years had led up to this, and when the order had finally found someone for her, she couldn't even make him like her or even pretend to. "And you speak of freedom as if it is something that you can just give me, but trust me my freedom will only come the day I've fulfilled my purpose," she said, swallowing hard. The order was anxious to see what sort of offspring she could create and whether they would be of any use to the order itself. "Amos, you seem like a very nice man, and I know that I am not someone anyone would ever love; But I would be happy if you could give me a chance to prove that I could be of use to you," she said, looking at him with a sad smile. She was hoping that he would at least give this a small chance. He didn't need to love her, he didn't need to even acknowledge her existence, she could be content with a small place to live and just living the life - or some kind of it - that she had dreamed of.
"I won't stand in your way, I won't speak unless spoken to, I just really want this to work," she whispered in a plead, feeling a tear escape her eye and run down her cheek. She frowned removing the tear fast and looking away. She had hoped that whomever she was to be with would at least have taken some sort of interest in her. Even if the chance had been slim.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 8:16 pm

"No it's not that. I dont even know you?" he answered, so confused at the fact that she was suggesting that he had just decided that he didnt like her. He just didnt like the situation they were in and the fact that they were forced to do this. Because he couldnt just deny the union, it wouldnt just show bad on him, but also his mother and that was something that he didnt want. "You dont know me either. I dont have a choice, even if I dont want to do this, I have to," he said, trying not to hiss at her but it was so damn hard when he was so frustrated. It was clearly a tough situation for the both of them.
She spoke of purpose but was she even knowing what she was saying? He sighed and shrugged, which may have been cruel but he didnt think he was in the wrong. "Dont we all only have our purpose to serve?" He shook his head, "It doesnt matter. They want us to make children that they can take away if they come out like you, or they will let us keep them if they're just regulars. And I'm not father-material," he concluded, crossing his arms as he sighed. Even if she was pleading with him, it didnt really seem to change his mind.
"Haeven, I'm sorry but you've gotten the worst match you could have ever gotten," he said, even if it wasnt much of a comfort. "I'm already in love with someone else," he admitted with a shrug and a deep sigh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 11:09 am

Haeven had little experience with this, all she knew was what she had been told, and the most important thing was to honor the partner she had been given. However he seemed so adamant that he was not a good match; Then why were they matched up? In her mind all she knew was that the Orders made no mistakes. She was indoctrinated to believe that the conditions she lived under were normal, that they were how life was supposed to be. She had barely ever been outside the temple and even those memories seemed faded. She remained silent as he spoke of having children, frowning as he spoke of them being taken away. In her eyes they were not being taken from them, they would be granted a chance to serve and what greater honor were there?
"Amos, I will not stand in the way of your happiness," she said, reaching out and carefully taking his hand between hers. She was cold, but it was only because she had wanted to wear a summer dress during the colder months. "If you love someone, then I am more than willing to accept that; I just ask that you don't forsake me and our duty," she said. She spoke pretty much like she had been brainwashed, but she had. After everything with Baal she had been found half dead and during her healing she had been conditioned to not remember what had happened before that moment. All of her happy memories with Alyssa were gone, all of her informational talks with Baal disappeared forever - at least that was what the Order hoped. "If I cannot be loved, then at least respect me," she pleaded.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 6:27 pm

She said that she wasnt going to stand in the way of his happiness, but why did it feel so much like it though? He looked at their hands frowning a little at her words. Was she hearing herself and the nonesense she was speaking right now? Probably not. He should have realized that she was brainwashed by the order she belonged to. It all seemed to make that much more sense now. The plea made him pull his hand from hers, shaking his head. "Are you even hearing yourself? How can you both demand respect but also tell me that I am free to love?" he asked, shaking his head. "I'm in love with someone else. I could never love you," he said, as cruel as it was, he wanted her to know how things were going to be so at least if it wasnt what she wanted, she could plead with her order to find her a better fit, even if it meant that he would get in trouble. But if she was really as brainwashed as he thought she was, she would never do such a thing out of fear of what would happen to her. "I'm sorry if that wasnt what you were hoping on hearing, but it is just how it is," he said with a shrug.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 6:39 pm

Haeven felt her eyes water as he pulled his hand away, saying such hard words that made her feel numb like she once had. She had been so joyous when the leader of the Order had informed her of her new match, how he had insured her that she would be taken care of. Now that felt like a lie, but in her mind she couldn't comprehend that those she trusted would ever lie to her. She looked down with shame, in a way expecting him to hit her because that would at least leave her with a burning sensation somewhere on her body. "I'm sorry I am disappointing," she just muttered before the leaders came back in the room. Haeven quickly straightened up, but her eyes still had tears in them and it made Alyssa frown. She knew her son wasn't going to accept this, but part of her had hoped he would've been kinder to the summoner.
"How do you find each other?" the one representing the summoners in all of this asked, a smile on his lips. Haeven swallowed, looking at the man, but never in the eyes because she was clearly beneath him in rank. "I have faith in the Orders and Bael to have guided me to the place I deserve and belong," she said, blinking a few times before looking carefully to Amos. What would he say? That she was not a fit match? That she would never be worth his time and affection? Haeven hadn't expected the other daemon to love her, she had hoped of it of course, but she wanted to be someone's special someone. She had heard the other summoners speak of how happy they were with their matches, how some of them had left and when they were back to visit would tell all of the wonderful things their significant other would do for them.
"How long until the wedding?" Alyssa asked bluntly, looking at the leaders, but it was clear they were surprised to hear her not object. People didn't just mess with her family, they knew that, but actually having no objection to a match to her only son was a bit of a surprise for them. "We would hope for it to be in spring," one of the leaders said, making Alyssa nod in silence, but gears were clearly turning in her head. "I see, well then it is only fair that we take her home with us, let them get to know each other more; I can sign off on anything that might happen," she said, but she also knew her son would be angry at her for this.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 7:09 pm

He knew he was being cruel and that to some extent it was unjust but he was still so angry that he didnt really seem to care much. The leaders returned and he looked to them, looking down when he saw his mother frown. He sighed at the leader's question, but let Haeven answer first, before he shrugged. "Does it really matter?" he just asked, to then look at Haeven. He wasnt going to stop the wedding even if he wanted to, so in his mind it was more just something he wanted to get over with. His mother's suggestion made him nod, because he thought that if they at least could try and free her from the fanatics and undo the brainwashing she had endured, then maybe she would see some sense in what he was telling her. He just tried not to think of it as if they were engaged but tried to remember that he had seen how his mother looked at the summoner when they first got here. "Yeah she might as well. We are going to marry after all, so there's no reason to keep her here till then" he simply said, even if the words made him feel nauseous beyond belief.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 7:17 pm

Haeven felt a knot in her throat as Amos spoke. Did he really not care at all? She couldn't let herself get out of it, but the reply he made about her leaving with them made her feel nervous. "I don't see why not," the leader agreed, and the female summoner now felt out on deep waters. She wasn't prepared to leave, but it wasn't like she had anything she could really pack with her. "There's more than enough space in our home," Alyssa said calmly, looking at her son. She knew he was trying his best to keep it in, and as soon as they got home she would let him react how he wanted. But for now he needed to behave. "Do you have something to pack?" she then asked the summoner, Haeven's hazel eyes fluttering for a bit. "Only a few things, ma'am," she replied. She still felt like the empusa was so awfully familiar to her. "I can have them packed within a few minutes, if it wouldn't be too much trouble?" she asked carefully. Alyssa nodded. "Alright, Amos, will you come with me to the car?" she just asked before walking ahead after saying her goodbyes to the other leaders.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 8:05 pm

He was a little over the place at the moment, trying not to act out and somehow give off the impression that he didnt have any objections at all. He was saving all that for whenever they got home. He agreed to walk out to the car, sending the leader a half-assed yet respectful nod before he walked off. It felt a little weird because he was wondering what it was that his mother seemed to feel towards the summoner. He could tell that it wasnt romantic, it was something else. Once they were outside and around only people that he knew they could trust, he looked at Alyssa with a curious frown over his eyes. "What is she to you?" he asked, crossing his arms a little. He wasnt really jealous, but it did feel weird to see his mother be soft around anyone that wasnt him. He hadnt seen it when he was growing up, beside her closest empusas, but that was normal. This Haeven was just some stranger for all he knew.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 8:23 pm

Haeven hurried off to pack her things, but still felt rather unnerved by all of this. These were strangers, but she had to trust the Order and their plans, and they had agreed to her going. she didn't have much to bring, a few items of clothing, an old book that she didn't know where she had gotten from and a spare pair of shoes.

Alyssa was not happy with this arrangement, but saying that out loud would be her openly questioning the Orders and the temple. Once outside she waited until they got to the car to even turn around and look at her son. Was that jealousy she was sensing? Frowning slightly at his question, because it sounded almost demanding. "It's an awfully long story, but the short version is that I knew her a long time before you were born," she confessed with a small sigh. She felt like those years were behind her, but now her past was crawling back it seemed - as long as Simeon wouldn't awake from his grave it would be fine however. "She was sort of a warden of Belial, and when he was set on another appointment I kind of took over," she explained, though she knew it didn't explain it all. "She was like a daughter to me and when I got news that she had died on a mission I was devastated," it felt weird to even think about crying at this point, because she hadn't done that in so long. "If she's the same Haeven as back then she should've recognized me, but I don't know if she was involved in an accident."
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 8:52 pm

He was maybe feeling jealousy, it was hard to tell in all this turmoil of emotions inside of him, so when she looked back at him after he half asked half demanded to know what was between his mother and the summoner, he looked away. He listened to her explanation but wasnt sure how to feel about it. It did feel weird to think about a time before he was born, how his father once had been somewhat loyal to the daemon orders and how much had seemingly changed since then. "But she's not dead," he then mumbled, looking towards the temple with a frown. There was clearly something that wasnt adding up if she had died and now she had been set up to marry him. "They've completely brainwashed her," he mumbled, not wanting to say it out loud. He leaned back against their car and looked towards the temple.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 9:13 pm

"I can see that," Alyssa sighed, shaking her head. The girl had always been gullible back in the day, but there had been something more akin to naivety to her, not just blatantly believing everything. "Amos, you need to be careful around her ... I don't know if this is a trick, but if she is the same Haeven as back then, then her powers should be taken in to account," she said. "I can't tell you how it works - The Order forbid speaking of it, and if you were to find out through me we could end up with a lot more trouble than a forced marriage," she said in a calm voice. She was worried, mostly because she had only heard from Baal what had happened when he had felt her powers.

Haeven soon enough joined them, her belongings in what looked like a burlap sack, holding it in her arms. She was nervous, as anyone would or should be. She walked over to the empusa and her son, looking down to her belongings. "Amos, be polite, help her with her items," Alyssa said, getting in behind the wheel.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 9:50 pm

The warning made him frown a little though he didnt really understand. What was the ability and why was it so important that she couldnt tell him? If she would get in trouble, then he could just ask Baal instead, surely he wouldnt have any problem in doing that? He didnt ask anything further as Haeven appeared at the temple door. The young daemon was just staring a little before his mother's reminder made him sigh and mumble a small sorry, before he went to get her sack. It felt a little weird that she didnt have a proper backpack like a knapsack or something more... modern. He put her bag in the back before he opened the car door for her and held it. Once she was in, he got in on the other side and just fell completely silent as he looked out the window. He pulled out his phone to check for messages, sending a few to T.J and to see if Saoirse had messaged him. Because of course in the midst of all this all he had been able to think about is her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 10:11 pm

Alyssa waited behind the wheel, but of course taking note of her son's behavior. As much as she cared for him, she also wanted him to show his best sides when they were out like this. Haeven got in to the car, folding her hands in her lap as she simply looked out the window. It was clear that she wanted to be amazed by it all, her eyes glistening at the sight of the city which she had barely seen before. It was all so beautiful to her, tall and small buildings everywhere, some even somewhat recognizable to her as stores or meeting places. When they drove past a park she narrowed her eyes before a small smile appeared on her lips. "Ducks," she whispered, so faintly that it could barely be heard over the sound of the engine. She didn't know why, but she really liked those birds. The way they waddled around with no care in the world, it was just wholesome to her.

Alyssa looked in the rearview mirror, looking at Haeven and then at her son. She still felt torn, but with what Baal was going through recently, it was hard to talk to him about much family related. He was getting better. Buffy had even asked to see him soon, and Alyssa had agreed. The meeting was to take place a few weeks from now, and by then she probably had a better grasp of the whole situation.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 10:44 pm

The last thing he bothered to do right now was look up. He just kept looking at his phone, only looking to the side to see when they would be home. He knew he was being bratty and it wasnt really fair to anyone in the vehicle but he hadnt exactly been mindful of morals. Once they were home, he did help Haeven with her sack but the moment they got inside it was like his last specs of respectable behaviour in public had come to an end. "Mother, I'm sorry, but I cant just act like I want this to happen. I dont. I really dont," he said, shaking his head before he looked at Haeven. "I know you've been hoping this was different, but at least you dont have to keep believing the bullshit they've been feeding you now," he just said, his voice rather cold before he shook his head and went to his room. He sat down on the windowsill and leaned against the frame as he looked out on the city.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 9:03 am

Alyssa was prepared for this, and once they were inside the house she let her son speak his mind about all of this. She knew how he felt, she knew that he couldn't be tied down like that, but she had hoped he would've spared the summoner from hearing it all. Haeven stood still, frozen in place as he addressed her, but what could she really say? "That's quite enough for now," Alyssa said calmly, not to discredit what her son had said, but more as a way of telling him off. The summoner barely knew them, and if she was who Alyssa thought she was, there was still so much to figure out. He left for his room, and frankly she couldn't blame him, letting him brew in his own temper as Alyssa set up a room for Haeven.

The summoner was quiet most of the time. It seemed like she had gotten completely mute, only speaking up to thank for something. In the days that followed, it was clear she had a hard time adapting to it all. That day Alyssa had to go escort Baal to see Buffy, but she couldn't really speak openly about it. "Why don't you take Haeven in to town today? She'll need some new clothes and shoes - If you can she also needs a jacket," Alyssa asked her son when they were alone. She knew he had been out of the house more to just avoid the summoner, but there was really no point in forcing him to stay. "I know you don't like this, but I am working on figuring a way to get you out of this," Alyssa finally confessed, sitting down on his bed, looking at the few things he had on his nightstand. There was a small framed picture of Saoirse and him from this summer. She was happy to see them getting along, but she also knew about her son's feelings towards her. Luckily for him, his father's name wasn't on his birth certificate, and Saoirse was named as a daughter from a seraphim only family, so they could actually have a chance of being together if they wanted. "In the meanwhile, try and make this as easy for the both of you; Haeven is scared half to death most of the time - The other day she thought someone was attacking the house because a car drove by," she said, and deep down in her heart she felt bad for the summoner. Shouldn't her and Baal have been there for the girl?
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 6:07 pm

The days passed but Amos seemingly just spent most of the time ignoring that Haeven was there, even if his mother didnt really like that. He however would spent some time with the summoner if it was demanded of him, trying his best not to be mean to her. Most of the time he would just take her out on the balcony and tell her a few things about the world, though it was easy to see that everything seemed to scare her. But the day came where he had been looking forward to see Saoirse, so when his mother suggested that he'd take out Haeven, he frowned at her and crossed his arms. Her confession made him clench his jaw before he shook his head. "Dont do that. You'll compromise your own position if you do it. I dont want that for you, even if this is the last thing that I want," he said, looking down at the ground with a contemplating look in his eyes.
"I promised to pick up Saoirse after school. I havent told her what's been going on," he admitted, looking towards his door, knowing Haeven was somewhere in the apartment. "Why is she behaving like she's never been outside a door in her life? Is she some sort of temple fanatic that's finally been allowed outside?" he asked quite directly because it just didnt make sense to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 6:22 pm

Haeven still was unsure of what to think of her supposed mate, because sometimes he seemed kind, and other times he looked at her like she could drop dead and he wouldn't even react. She did appreciate him trying to teach her stuff, but in the end she found herself more mute as the days passed.

Alyssa sighed at her son's remark. It was sweet of him, but he had to have realized at this point that she loved him enough to risk it. Even though she liked the power she had, she also wasn't going to leave her family to suffer when they needed her. "Saoirse gets off late, it's still relatively early in this day - don't you think you could fit both in?" she asked. She just couldn't leave the summoner here alone in the big apartment. It wasn't fair. "And Saoirse will have to find out eventually," she sighed softly, looking down because she liked that little girl too. It was strange. Alyssa was not one to soften up to others like that, but all Saoirse had had to do was look at her with those familiar green eyes and the empusa's walls were gone.
The question about Haeven made her lean back for a bit, thinking about her words carefully. "All I know is that her parents left her at the temple, and when the Orders found out about her abilities they kept her very secure," she said. She couldn't spill every detail, but perhaps she could make her son understand. "She wasn't born lucky like you were; You've always had your freedom until now, but she has never been able to experience anything outside of the temples," she explained. Breathing out she told a brief story of how her and Baal had taken the young summoner with them out to the seaside once, and how she had thought the world was being swallowed by water. She shook her head. "She didn't choose to stay at the temple, she was forced, like so many other summoners," she finally said, getting up from her seat. She gave her son a look that said that if he didn't do this, she would be disappointed.

Haeven was sitting in the living room, playing with a small keychain that Alyssa had given her. It wasn't anything expensive, but she liked just hearing it make small clinking noises when the metal rubbed against each other.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 6:37 pm

"I dont want her to," he just mumbled with a sigh. He could probably fit Haeven into his schedule, but it seemed pointless to take her outside, because out there he would have to act like nothing was wrong. Like the match was just perfect and that the Orders could never be wrong in their match-making, because disobedience wasnt an option. He could rebel all he wanted in the apartment, but out there he had to uphold the idea that it was all going according to plan. And he didnt want to lead the summoner on. He listened to the story about her, sighing deeply. Maybe he was being a brat because he didnt know what it was like to not have autonomy. "It doesnt sound like summoners are living that perfect life as everyone seem to think they do," he said, because he found it weird. How summoners were praised and yet oppressed into behaving like they were mere slaves. He went to the livingroom and sat down next to the summoner with a sigh. He folded his hands and leaned his elbows onto his knees, turning his head to look at her. "Would you like to come with me outside and into town?" he asked, looking at her with a neutral expression but it at least wasnt the hostile and careless one whenever he was angry or frustrated.  
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The inevitable price of being a daemon   The inevitable price of being a daemon Empty

Back to top Go down

The inevitable price of being a daemon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next