Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information
World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2022
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Making ends meet EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

Comments: 0
<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Making ends meet EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Making ends meet EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Making ends meet EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

<News> Important activity notice and a few changes!
Making ends meet EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 3:04 pm by bels
Important activity notice and a few changes
September - 2020

General information
Oh me oh my, what a few months this has been! The world feels like it has been turned upside down, but we are still here. First off we would like to apologize for what might seem as a lack of visibility …

Making ends meet

Go down 
Gerard

Gerard

Full name : Gerard Castell
Quote : Your heart understood mine. In the depth of the fragrant night, I listened with ravished soul to your beloved voice. Your heart understood mine.

Making ends meet Empty
PostSubject: Making ends meet   Making ends meet EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 9:00 pm

For @Tessa

Being engaged to marry was hard. Not in the sense that it was physically hard, but Gerard had insisted on saving enough to pay for the wedding. Tessa had expressed wanting something nice, but this nephilim was a perfectionist. He wasn't going to let her settle when he knew all he had to do was work a little harder.
That night he had fallen asleep on Tessa's couch while they watched a movie. Perhaps not as romantic as she had wanted the evening to be. He woke up once the valkyrie had moved in to her bed, rubbing his eyes as he felt oh so tired and yet he felt like he couldn't afford to sleep. He had a fair few things he could finish remotely, opening up his laptop to get started on finishing up some images, sending them back to the client. Yawning he opted to go out in to the kitchen, putting a hand on the brewed coffee from earlier, sighing as it was cold. He poured himself a cup anyways and placed it in the microwave to reheat it.
Once it had gotten at least lukewarm he took it out, taking a big swig before refilling it and taking the cup with him back in to the living room. He placed it down on the coffee table before walking in to check on Tessa. Moving closer he pulled the duvet up closer around her, kissing her forehead, breathing in her scent as he smiled to himself. Yeah, she was worth everything and more. He turned away, heading back towards the living room.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

Full name : Theresa Elior Morgan
Quote : There is one thing the photograph must contain, the humanity of the moment.

Making ends meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making ends meet   Making ends meet EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 11:20 pm

She had been looking forward to spending time together but it seemed that the nephilim was so focused on work that when they finally had time together, he was too tired to really be in the moment. She didnt want to be angry with him but it did make hanging out a little... less fun? She had picked out some movie that she had been looking forward to. At least the reviews had been pretty good. It wasnt a big deal that Gerard fell asleep, she could just cuddle up close to him and watch the rest of the movie. She got up when it was over, ruffling up the nephilim's hair softly. "I'm going to bed sleepyhead." she told him. At least giving him a chance to join her. But she did go to bed. She was out like a light, sleeping soundly by the time he checked on her.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

Quote : Your heart understood mine. In the depth of the fragrant night, I listened with ravished soul to your beloved voice. Your heart understood mine.

Making ends meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making ends meet   Making ends meet EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 11:27 pm

Seeing that she was sound asleep made him happy. It wasn't that he wasn't aware of how he was more distant when they finally where together, but in his mind he justified it by the whole thought of the gift he had in mind for her. Or rather for them. But he wanted to keep it a secret for now, and he didn't want her to get her hopes up if he couldn't earn the money in time.
Heading back in to the living room he finished his cup of coffee that had gotten cold again before finishing up some more work. But he had to admit that his eyes kept darting towards the bedroom. Knowing she was in there was distracting him a lot, so as he finished up the last photo and sent it off, he closed his computer. Stretching he went out, placing the cup in the sink, looking out the window to a city that never seemed to sleep. Oh, to never have to sleep would be the dream, but then again he wouldn't get to wake up, would he?
Getting out of his clothes he went to the bathroom, brushing his teeth, looking at himself in the mirror. The bags under his eyes were horrendous, but worse was the small beard he was slowly growing. He wasn't sure he liked it. Either way he finally joined her in bed, crawling under the covers and pulling her close. "Love you," he muttered softly in to the back of her head, closing his eyes to try and get some rest.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

Quote : There is one thing the photograph must contain, the humanity of the moment.

Making ends meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making ends meet   Making ends meet EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 12:02 am

She first woke up a little when the duvet was rustling and he joined her. She stretched and sighed muttering back some sleepy words that didnt quite make sense before she drifted right back to sleep. She woke up rather early tangled into the nephilim. She got free carefully, trying her best not to wake him up. Running her hand carefully over his head she sighed. You work so hard all the time, she thought. It was good that he at least was resting now. She got up and got dressed, wearing a casual hoodie with some baggy pants, grabbing her card and keys as she got ready to go out. She could get some freshly baked bread and make a nice breakfast for them, at least she thought so. She headed out at that note to go through with her little idea.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

Making ends meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making ends meet   Making ends meet EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 12:10 am

Safe to say being as sleep deprived as he was, he was sleeping through her untangling herself as well as the door closing as she headed out. In fact, he slept until a ray of sunshine decided to crawl up and shine him on his face. Turning over on the bed he sighed, feeling that it was still somewhat warm where she had slept. Rubbing his eyes a little he just laid there, listening to the apartment, but it was quiet. He drifted off a couple of more times before he decided to get up. He started with heading out in to the kitchen, turning on the coffee machine after rinsing the pot. Wondering where she was he opted to just head in to the living room, opening his laptop to get a bit of work in. Thankfully he had gotten some positive feedback from a customer, smiling to himself as they had insisted on leaving him quite a nice tip on his latest work. It was moments like these that made all the work worth it. Now, a step closer to reaching the goal he had set for himself, he started editing a few more pictures, probably still sitting in the couch when Tessa would return.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

Making ends meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making ends meet   Making ends meet EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 3:24 am

She came back with a grocery bag and a paper one with freshly baked bread. She didnt know whether he was up yet or not, but as she peeked from the entrance, she noticed that the bed was empty. She moved into the kitchen to put the bags on the table before she went to the living room, leaning to the frame as she chuckled softly. “It’s like you’re a switch between two modes; mode one is sleep and mode 2 is work.” She said, though it wasnt clear in her tone what she thought of it. She went over to lean down and kiss his curly mess of hair. “Are you hungry?” She asked softly, playing a little with a curl that was out of place.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

Making ends meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making ends meet   Making ends meet EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 10:59 am

Hearing the door close he perked up a little, as if her being around made him a bit more awake in a sense. Listening to the rustling of the bags he turned his head as she spoke to him, smiling a little tiredly, but he didn't blame her if she was frustrated with him. Part of him just thought they had the rest of their lives together, so taking a bit of time right now to save wasn't too bad. She came closer, kissing the top of his head and he sighed, letting go of his laptop and placing it on the coffee table. Pulling her down in to his lap, he wrapped his arms around her. "Starving," he said, lifting his hand to cup her face, just looking at her as she was right now. The short hair really suited her, but he guessed she could pull anything off and he would still find her as breathtaking as ever. He pulled her down, kissing her gently, savoring her lips as he pulled her closer. He knew he had to let her go so they could grab something to eat, but having her here in his lap he felt like he had been starving more so for her touch. "I put on coffee ... You want help with the rest?" he asked against her lips, trying to remind himself that she had come here with an offering of food.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

Making ends meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making ends meet   Making ends meet EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 12:54 pm

She let him pull her down into his lap, looking at him with her lips slightly puckered in curiousity. She was happy with him, she always would be, she told herself. Even if he was a little busy now, that didnt take away from how nice it felt to have his hand on her cheek and feel his warmth. She followed his pull, feeling his lips against hers. She giggled softly against his lips, keeping the kisses tender and soft. “Yeah if you’ll cut the bread.” She replied. It wasnt anything fancy but it was partly what she liked and what she knew she had seen him eat. She was a simple girl, some butter and a slice of cheese could go a long way. And if she wanted a bit of sweetness she’d add a thin layer of jam. But that was only once in a while. “Come on, you said you were starving.” She reminded him, kissing his nose before she got up to go to the kitchen. She turned her head back in the door to send him a sweet smile.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

Making ends meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making ends meet   Making ends meet EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 1:17 pm

She got up and off his lap making him sigh as he watched her leave. However as she turned her head to look at him he couldn't help but chuckle. He got up from the couch, walking in to grab a pair of sweats that he pulled in to as well as his t-shirt from yesterday. Afterwards he headed out in to the kitchen, washing his hands and drying them before grabbing the brown paper bag. Pulling out the loaf of bread he smiled. It was still warm. "You're spoiling me," he said, kissing the top of her head as she passed by to put away the groceries.
He got to cutting the bread, placing it in a nice basket before he set up a small breakfast table in the small kitchen. "You want eggs and bacon too, or just bread?" he asked. He could cook it up relatively quick if she really wanted it, and he wouldn't mind one bit. It was the least he could do. Looking over he saw the coffee had run through, pouring himself a cup as well as one for her. "I was thinking ... Do you have any plans today?" he asked. Maybe it was about time that he spent some real time with her, and he was ahead with most of his work deadlines anyways.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

Making ends meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making ends meet   Making ends meet EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 10:06 pm

“I’m really not.” She protested rather firmly, though her expression quickly softened up with a smile. The question made her shrug as she put away some fruits that she would eat during the week. She loved fruits. “No, I was just thinking of having cheese slices.” She said with a soft smile over her lips. “But thank you. It’s very kind.”
She took the coffee as he had poured it, blowing lightly on it, though she didnt want to scold her mouth on the warmth. “Uhh.. well, I have to go cheer up Connor. He had that vampyre girlfriend who’s been gone for weeks, so he’s in like a mad depression right now.” She explained, blowing on the coffee again. “But other than that, no. Do you have work?”
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

Making ends meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making ends meet   Making ends meet EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 11:15 pm

He hummed, smiling as he finished setting up the table, grabbing his cup of coffee to sit down. Once across from her, he grabbed a slice of bread and some butter with his knife, spreading it evenly before taking a bite. Listening to Tessa speak of her heartbroken brother made him sad. They had only met this vampyress once or twice, but it was clear that Connor had been head over heels. Gerard, however, had to admit that the vampyress had looked way too much like Eden for him to feel comfortable around her. But then again, he believed he had simply gotten a complex with vampyres that wouldn't so easily be removed. She returned the question, or rather, she asked if he would be occupied with work. He sighed, smiling as he placed down his bread, reaching over to touch her hand a little. "As it so happens, my deadline for my last work of the week is this afternoon," he smiled with a small chuckle. He gave her a few seconds to realize what that meant. "So, if my fiancé wishes it, she can finally have that movie marathon tonight that she has been begging for for weeks now," leaning back in his chair, he let go of her hand to grab his bread again, taking a new bite, chewing it and letting Tessa react to the news.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Making ends meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making ends meet   Making ends meet Empty

Back to top Go down

Making ends meet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Churchill :: Central District-
Jump to: