Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
It's been a while - Xander EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
It's been a while - Xander EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
It's been a while - Xander EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
It's been a while - Xander EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
It's been a while - Xander EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

It's been a while - Xander

Go down 
Halcyon

Halcyon

Full name : Halcyon Regis
Quote : To judge the character of a man, look at how he treats those below him.

It's been a while - Xander Empty
PostSubject: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 9:00 pm

Dedicated to @Xander <3

Halcyon had chosen to go to the park today. He could feel that he needed to take a break from the opera, even as much as he loved it and his job, but he still needed a break every now and again, and when he could choose, he always chose to go someplace where he would be surrounded by nature... Such as out here, in the park, with how good and energized it always made him feel, to be surrounded by nature. And he knew today would be a good day to go out to the park - his gut told him so, and it was always right when it concerned nature and weather, something all mythicals seemed capable of... Innately knowing most things about the nature and weather around them.

So here he was, walking along, the pointy ears easy to see even with the length his hair had by now. No matter where he went, he always had people looking after him. He guessed that just came with the territory of being a mythical, too. But here he was, just minding his own business as he walked along the less-traveled paths of the park, a small smile consistently on his lips as he looked at all the beautiful trees and flowers.

// Link to his outfit
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

Full name : Ethan Spencer
Quote : I think boundaries are for chickens and boxes are for cereal.

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 1:48 pm

For Xander it had been a long week, and that was without the family drama itself. He still didn't feel completely at ease when he was walking alone, but taking the routes through the park that he knew quite well was helping a lot. He was on his way home, having finished another appointment with his assigned psychology. Ever since his kidnapping and subsequent forced relationship, he had found it hard to actually be intimate with his girlfriend. Or, well, to be fair, he wasn't even sure if him and Aiden had a label like that in place. She was just what his heart desired, and he hoped that it would stay like that forever. He was fighting himself internally, wanting to heal not only for his own well being, but also for the hybrid that had managed to capture his heart. Despite her being part daemon, the seraph part in her seemed to over shine everything else. She was good, not because she was born to be, but because she chose to be. He wanted to repay that by getting better. By showing her what he could be, and what things he could offer her in the future. His sister had already managed to have her first child, and he felt a little distraught still thinking of the summoner that she was with, but the world was truly a strange place.
He was walking mostly in his own thoughts, admiring the beautifully sculpted fountains, in which some young children were playing in to combat this sudden warm weather. It felt good to know that Summer was finally happening, and despite not having many plans for his vacation, he knew that he was going to spend a lot of time with his family and friends. Thinking of friends, he noticed a particular set of ears in the distance, making him crack a small smile. Halcyon and him had known each other for quite some time, mostly because his mother was a seraph. Walking closer, he lifted his hand to greet the mythical, chuckling a bit to himself. "Fancy seeing you here; I don't think I've seen you outside the opera for a few months now," Xander joked as he got closer, stopping in front of the dancer. While Halcyon didn't look much more than five years older than the nephilim, Xander knew that he was much older. How old he had never really asked, but it didn't really matter in his eyes. He saw the mythical as his cousin in many ways, like a part of a close knit family. "How are you? You look a little skinny," he teased him.
Back to top Go down
Halcyon

Halcyon

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 1:00 pm

And Halcyon had been crouching down to admire one particularly beautiful flower, reaching out for his fingers to just gently brush over a petal... When he heard a very familiar voice, and stood back up, turning around - his blue eyes catching sight of Xander, causing a smile to bloom on his full lips. "I haven't really been out much lately, you're completely correct," he said with a bit of a chuckle as he stepped closer. They weren't really family, but they might as well be, as close-knit a friendship as they had.

"I'm doing perfectly fine, though - maybe a bit too caught up in my work, hence why a trip to the park was needed... You know as well as I do how the nature calm me right down again." he said with another smile, before he laughed a little, the laugh clearly showing those serrated teeth that just further solidified exactly what race he was. "I always do, and you know it." in general, ballet dancers were extremely lithe and nimble, the muscles slim rather than large, and Halcyon was no exception to this. "So, what have you been up to, lately?" he asked, hands stuffed in his pockets and head tilted just slightly askew.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 1:12 pm

Xander couldn't help but chuckle at the mythical's words, shaking his head a little. Of course it was typical for him to be caught up in his work, and truth be told, Xander admired his passion for dancing. The nephilim had only ever been interested in herbs and healing ways, but he knew the importance of art in society. He understood that as much as healing the body was typically done by a doctor, healing of the soul was primarily done through artistic ways of expression. Xander now stood besides Halcyon, looking at the flowers that he had just touched. It was quite the garden up here in Northern District, everything seemed almost enchanted, and rightfully so. This part of Churchill was well known for its riches, not only money wise, but also culture wise.
He nodded as Halcyon went on to explain his need for nature to calm him down. Xander had known the mythical his whole life, so it wasn't really all that strange to see him relax amongst flowers and trees. In fact, the nephilim had always wondered why the guy hadn't become a gardener or perhaps a florist, but in the end it seemed like ballet was the perfect option after all. Xander admired his work ethic, one that he had adopted himself when involved with his studies, however he seemed to have been slacking a bit these couple of weeks. Safe to say, having a girlfriend seemed to take up some time as well. Scratching his neck as the mythical threw a question at him, he shrugged lightly, mostly because he didn't really know where to begin. "I've been quite busy, as always - A lot has happened since my mother's death back in November, and hell, I think I could really just use a vacation by now," he said, breathing out. His mother had been brutally killed in an attack by daemons on the seraphim meeting they had held out in Western District. Only strange thing was that she hadn't been killed by a daemon, rather a lycan, one that was still on the loose. "But we're keeping our heads high, and I've even managed to get a girlfriend and become an uncle in the same year," he said. He still found it odd that Buffy had had a child, especially considering how young they both were, but alas, things weren't always as they seemed. "Would you believe me if I told you the father of her child is a summoner?" he scoffed, shaking his head as he still didn't know how to feel about it all.
Back to top Go down
Halcyon

Halcyon

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 10:32 pm

And Halcyon just smiled, and seemed pretty content, standing here, surrounded by nature, talking to one of his closest friends. Of course he knew where Xander's interests lay, and he had often asked about herbs - mainly because of his own interest in all things nature. Perhaps a lot of people would think he'd have gone and done something about it... But really, all he had to do with nature and flowers was more a hobby than anything else, and his true passion had always laid within dancing - ever since he could remember. His own home and garden was almost some sort of jungle, though, all the plants extremely well-cared for, as it did seem like he had quite the green thumb, too.

But he did have a tendency to be quite the perfectionist, which, when working with dancing... Meant that you never ever stopped training, and he often lost track of time due to it. But where others would have broken down with stress working so much, he never did - when it was a passion of yours, the stress just wasn't the same as if it was a job you hated.

Of course he had heard about the death of the seraphim's mother - and had offered his deepest condolences, an ear to listen, a shoulder to cry out at - whatever the guy had needed in his time of sorrow. "Well - that is certainly nice to hear," he then said, to the thing with finding an girlfriend and everything. As he himself had only had very few relationships in his life - they could be counted on one hand - he was always very happy when the people around him found love. He truly believed the world needed a lot more love and hope in it.

"Huh, really? That's interesting," he said, raising his brows a little when he heard the father of his sister's child was a summoner. They were quite rare as far as he knew... And even though he of course knew all about the struggles between daemons and seraphims, he himself remained a neutral party in this - he did truly believe everybody had the potential to be good, or at least peaceful, if given the chance and right circumstances. Everybody got a chance. He knew that his friend might not think such of the daemons, though, and he didn't blame him for it, either. "Well then, maybe you do need a bit of vacation. We all do once in a while. I can't even remember when I had my last one... So maybe it's about high time for me, too..." he said, sighing, before he suddenly smiled again. "Maybe... We could go on a small trip together?" he seemed almost giddy at the thought.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 10:36 am

"Safe to say, our lives have been turned upside down recently," he chuckled, scratching  his neck lightly. His sister was a fenix, so she didn't have the innate rivalry with daemons like a seraph did. Breathing out through his nose he felt like there was just so much to talk about, so much in fact that he didn't really know where to begin.
One thing was for sure, however, he agreed with Halcyon's statement. He actually felt like he needed to get away for a while. It didn't need to be anything specific, but he just felt like he needed a breath of fresh air. Maybe take a chance to just relax and do nothing but have fun, but another part of him felt selfish for thinking in those lines. His family relied on him, and he couldn't just up and leave them, not in this moment at least. The suggestion of going together made the seraph hum agreeing. "Could be fun, it's been ages since I've been to the beaches out in Western ... Or perhaps I should ask my father if we could borrow the vacation home in Korinthia," he said, clearly considering the different options. The Elior family was quite widespread, mostly because of its large female line, so they had traveled many times when Xander and Buffy had been children. Chuckling a bit to himself, he turned his gaze towards the garden itself. The many colorful flowers stood magically as ever, blooming and stretching their petals and leaves towards the sun above. It felt so calming here, and he wondered why he didn't spend more time here in Northern, but he guessed it was because most of his life was in Central. Studies, his apartment and most of his friends lived there. His family mostly lived in Northern however, and he could understand why. The architecture alone stood out from the rest of the cities of Churchill, and besides that it was nice and close to the temples of Raleska.
"Would you like to go and grab, I don't know, a coffee or something? I get a feeling like I need to catch up on your life, you've been so busy with performing and such," he chuckled. Truth be told, Xander had missed seeing Halcyon around. The mythical gave some calmness to him, some sort of familiarity that he longed for. And perhaps it was because he reminded him of a simpler time before everything was turned upside down. Xander nodded with his head towards a vendor selling by the entrance of the gardens. "Don't worry, I'll pay," he added as he walked towards the vendor.
Back to top Go down
Halcyon

Halcyon

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 9:47 am

"In very different ways, but yes." Halcyon agreed, smiling. Just like Buffy, he didn't have any of this innate hatred for the daemons, although he knew his mum had it, too. He always let people get the benefit of the doubt - and was a firm believer that even the foulest daemon would still have at least an ounce of good stowed away inside there somewhere. Maybe it was being naïve - but he just thought of it as being fair to everybody, and he just couldn't imagine someone being bad all the way through to their very core.

"Maybe we should, then. I have the rest of the day off, and tomorrow, too - I can always put in more training hours another day." Halcyon then said with a smile, really liking the suggestion of going out to the beaches - it had been ages since he'd been that far away from Northern. And he had not even once in his life been outside of Churchill - he wanted to, though. Some day. So when he heard about the vacation home in Korinthia, he looked infinitely more interested. "That sounds... Intriguing. I can't remember if I've ever told you... But... I sort of haven't ever been outside of Churchill. Not for lack of wanting to, though."

"Of course." with another smile, he began following the seraph to the vendor near the entrance, and simply chuckled a little with his next comment. "You know I never worry about money." he had all the money he wanted - not because of his good job, but rather because of a very absent father who believed throwing money at him all the time was a good substitution for actually being there. He barely even knew the man - he could count on one hand the times he had met Marius throughout his entire life, and if he had to judge by the man's general behavior, then it might be a good thing that he had always been absent.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 8:47 pm

Xander couldn't help but chuckle, shaking his head a little at the mythical. "I can't go traveling right now, I need to have some passports in order before I can even think about getting on a plane," he chuckled, but he did like the idea. "But maybe we should go to the beach - maybe next week?" he suggested, mostly because his next couple of days would be quite busy. He didn't want to shoot down the idea, mostly because Halcyon was always quite fun to be around.
As they walked towards the booth, the mythical once again managed to make the nephilim smile. It was no secret that Halcyon had quite the amount of money to spend, but frankly Xander had never seen it as his place to ask where that money came from. And on another note, he hoped to believe that the money was coming from perhaps a patron of the dancer's work, or maybe the work itself. Xander ordered a coffee for himself and ordered something for the mythical as well. Handing the small cup to the mythical he stepped away from the booth and gestured for them to just walk around a bit. It was warm out, but not too bad because of the casual wind blowing once in a while. "So tell me of your latest show, I've barely heard from you, so I know you're busy," he said, taking a careful sip of the coffee, but ultimately burning his tongue a little.
Back to top Go down
Halcyon

Halcyon

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 11:28 am

"Ah, right - sorry. You know how eager I can get." sometimes, he really was like a small child - easily excitable and a bit impatient. Not too often, but it happened. "But the beach sounds lovely." he then said with a pleasant smile on his lips. "I haven't been out of Northern, except for the opera, for... The gods know how long," he couldn't even remember when the last time was. He was also a bit paranoid about getting out, but the excitement overshadowed it by far.

Halcyon wasn't much for coffee himself - so it ended up with a little chai latte after he'd perused the little shop's menu for himself. Thanking the man when he got his tea, he gently blew on it before taking a sip, smiling as the perfect, warm blend of spices hit him. Nodding, he then began walking along with Xander. "Well. We did the 'Flames of Destruction' ballet, these past few months. You know, the one based on the big seraphim and daemon war of Torch? I'm in the role of the seraphim general. A lot of solo dances, and dances opposite my coworker Nikolay - he got the role of the daemon leader." he said, and took another sip. "It's on for another month, before we're training for something a bit more... Well, calm. We're performing a tragedy in late fall."
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 10:41 pm

"I don't think I've seen that show before, but it does sound interesting - I know the story though," Xander said with a warm smile gracing his lips. He had always admired Halcyon for his passion, and not to mention his work ethics. He was a inspiration, that was for sure, but as any good friend did, sometimes the nephilim did worry that he was working too hard. It was alright to take a break from time to time, but it seemed like the nephilim didn't even listen to his own advice, so he remained silent on that part. "Nikolay, is he the guy with the curls or the one with the black hair?" he asked, taking a sip of his coffee. He had met some of Halcyon's co-wokers from time to time, but putting faces to names and vice versa could sometimes be hard.
He kept walking however, the park around them alive with families and friends gathering on this rather sunny day. In fact if he hadn't spent his day busy, he would've probably have went for a picnic with Aiden. Or perhaps spend some time with his sister and his niece, it had been a while since he had just dropped by for a visit randomly.
Back to top Go down
Halcyon

Halcyon

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 12:14 pm

"Well, it's certainly one of the more dramatic pieces, but then again, it sort of has to be with the history that lays the foundation for it." he said, and shrugged. "A lot more of the jumps than usual - it took longer than usual to prepare for this one. I don't think my thighs and calves have ever been quite as firm as they are now," he chuckled, and shook his head a little. "Nikolay is the black-haired one. The one with the curls is Xavier," he then said with a smile. Then again, he had so many colleagues for plays like this, that he wasn't at all blaming Xander for forgetting which face belonged to which name.

"Anyway - you know you can always call me, if you ever feel like showing up and watching one of the shows. No matter how sold out it is, I can always get you a ticket." he then said, winking at Xander. And of course he could have the guy gain backstage access as well - there were some perks of having the main male role in the ballet.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 9:22 pm

Xander made a small "aaah" sound as Halcyon confirmed who Nikolay was. "I know I can always call, but I guess it just feels wrong - I don't know, I like buying my own ticket," he chuckled. He had been and seen quite a few of Halcyon's ballets, at least one per show they had, and while Xander wasn't the ballet type, he did want to support his friend. One thing he knew a lot about was having someone cheering you on. It could make a world's difference. "But for your next ballet, I think I might bring a date, if you wouldn't mind," he chuckled. He had wanted to introduce Aiden to all of his friends for some time, but time just seemed to get in the way, along with his studies that was.
"Her, uhm, her name is Aiden, and she's ... Wow ... She's really great," he said a bit nervously, scratching his neck a little as he took a sip of his coffee. Swallowing he chuckled, shaking his head as he felt like a lovestruck teenager. Truth was, he probably acted like one, but why shouldn't he?
Back to top Go down
Halcyon

Halcyon

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 4:39 pm

"I get that - but please, let me do it for you just once. I like to spoil you every once in a while." he said, smiling and winking at Xander - he just liked to spoil the people closest to him every once in a while, especially if it'd been a while since he'd last seen them.

"Oh, really? I don't mind at all, of course I don't." he was just about to ask Xander to tell more about this person, when he did, and a bright smile showed up on his face when he heard the guy's tone, saw how awkward he was with just talking about her... He must've been head over heels for her, then, and the mythical couldn't be happier for his friend. "She does sound wonderful," he said, and slung an arm around Xander's shoulder to give him a half-hug. "I'm happy for you. You truly deserve to get someone that's good for you." whereas Halcyon himself... Well... He'd had a few boy- and girlfriends throughout the years, but it had been very long since his last one by now - 6 or7 years, probably.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 12:11 pm

Halcyon swung an arm around him, but instead of leaning in to it, he leaned away, chuckling nervously as he reached out to keep him at an arms distance. "I'm very sorry my friend ... But I can't handle anything physical at the moment," he confessed. Ever since that psycho of a vampyre had kidnapped him, he hadn't been the same in regards to physical affection. "As I said ... A lot of things has happened," he said with a sigh, closing his eyes to gather himself, using some of the grounding methods his psychiatrist had provided him with.

"I'm working on it though, hence why I'm up here in North; I've been seeing a specialist, trying to get me to react positively to touch again," he said, waving his hand as he didn't want to worry the mythical. These recent months he had felt rather emasculated, not able to touch and kiss Aiden like he had before everything with the vampyre. Now he just felt like pushing himself. He was tired of waiting for himself to feel better, but alas he didn't have the balls to actually just jump in to it. "But ... What kind of show are you doing in the fall?" he said, wanting to redirect the conversation to something more pleasant.
Back to top Go down
Halcyon

Halcyon

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 11:59 am

Halcyon looked very confused for a moment or two, as the nephilim leant away from him, to slip out of his friendly hold - but then that confusion turned to slight worry, and then further over into a small, apologetic smile, as he heard the vague explanation. "Ah... Alright. I'm sorry. I'll try to keep from it." he didn't need him to tell him exactly what had happened - he was sure Xander would tell it to him whenever he was ready for it. Halcyon was just... Very... Hands-on with his affection for people, platonic or not, so he'd just have to make a very conscious effort to restrain himself.

"Sounds good." he then said with a smile, hearing the guy was, at the very least, working on it himself, too. "If there's anything I can do to help - just tell me, okay? Even if you just need another set of ears to listen." he raised his hand and almost reached out to place it comfortingly on Xander's shoulder, but stopped himself midway and pulled it back down, placing it on his own coffee cup instead. "It's a tragedy, as I told you. Long lost love, families and life tearing the lovers apart, one falls deadly ill and dies, the other, hearing the news, kills themselves. All of the classic themes." So maybe not really something all that more 'pleasant', but at least it was a fictional story.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 5:25 pm

Xander appreciated what his friend was trying to do, but alas he couldn't really blame him either. Halcyon had always been a hands on type of person, and the nephilim had never really told him off. The gesture of a shoulder to cry on was nice, but honestly he was struggling even opening up lately. Perhaps that was why he was trying to steer the direction of focusing on the mythical. He listened as his friend spoke about the ballet, nodding as he found it very interesting.

Then he saw a blonde woman approaching, and he couldn't help but chuckle a little. "Can't I have a moment with an old friend without you snooping around?" he chuckled, looking to his twin sister. Buffy giggled, greeting Halcyon with a warm hug. "What can I say, I get jealous when you run in to old friends and I don't get to steal the spotlight," she teased her brother. Buffy and Xavier had always been rather close, but after she had chosen to be with a daemon, their relationship had been a bit strained. But both still loved each other, that was clear. Buffy looked like she was radiating, looking at Halcyon with a genuine smile. "What were you talking about?" she asked. "Halcyon's next ballet," Xander said with a slight shrug. "I saw a notice for it! Are you still looking for extras? One of my friends at the Institute tried to get in, but she haven't heard back," Buffy said with a chirpy tone.
Back to top Go down
Halcyon

Halcyon

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 6:21 pm

At the very least, it did seem like the talking about the ballet got Xander to relax again, and that was really all Halcyon wanted for his friend. For him to be able to relax and just enjoy himself and the time they spent together here in the park. Soon after, though, he noticed a woman coming over to them, one he had seen just a select few times before, more in the past where it had seemed like the twins were closer than they were now. But still, he smiled, feeling the hug, and happily returned it. Again - being the kind of hands-on person he was, he loved hugs and other kinds of physical affection.

He was just about to answer her question, when Xander did it for him, and he just smiled and nodded. "Indeed, we were." he then just said, running a hand through his hair, his gaze flickering between the twins, depending on who spoke.

"Oh. I think they are giving out answers tomorrow, actually, for the few last ones we need. So just tell her to keep an eye out on her email and stuff," he said with a bright smile. "If she gets in and wants it, just tell her she can always go talk to me if she wants to, whether just for talking or for tips or anything. I'm open to it," he said, and shrugged - he was always open for a good talk with people, no matter what the topic of the conversation was, as much of an extrovert as he was.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 11:52 am

Buffy nodded at his reply, making a small humming sound as she looked at the mythical in front of her. She had only fond memories of him, but she also knew that him and Xander were much closer. Part of her was perhaps jealous in that regard, but she had made her choices, and it had driven a rift between her brother and her. "I'll be sure to tell her," she spoke softly, smiling as polite as ever. She was actually rather relaxed, her body not showing signs of any discomfort in being there. She turned her green eyes to look at her brother, seeing he was a bit vacant in the eyes. "Xandy, you alright?" she asked in a more concerned voice.
Xander didn't know why, he just seemed to zone out a lot around more than one person. Perhaps because it was hard to keep a focus, even when he knew the people around him. "Oh, uhm, I'm sorry - I just had quite the session, I guess I'm still trying to cope with it all," he apologized, a small tired smile creeping up on his lips. "Maybe I just need some sleep, a nap before dinner," he explained, feeling like his eyes were a little drowsy.
Back to top Go down
Halcyon

Halcyon

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 7:41 pm

"Good. Wouldn't want her to worry unnecessarily when they haven't made the last calls yet." Halcyon said with a small, sweet smile on his lips. He turned to look at Xander as he heard her question for her twin brother - true, he had sort of spaced out while they were talking, here. His brows furrowed in slight worry, but then he smiled when Xander answered. "That's perfectly understandable. Say, speaking of dinner - do either of you have some place to be tonight? Or... Would you want to join me at my place? It's been so long since I've had anybody over, and I don't have anything to do tonight at all." he then suggested, his smile a bit broader. They were some of his very best friends, after all - both of them. Xander a bit more than Buffy as he had also known the guy for longer than he'd known Buffy, but she was still near and dear to his heart as well.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 11:36 am

Xander breathed out, feeling like he might need to take a couple of hours just to process it all. Buffy smiled at the mention of Halcyon's offer, but sadly she already had plans. "I got a kid to get home to, and I think if I leave Baal alone for too long he might start to lose it," she chuckled, politely declining the sweet offer of the mythical. Any other day she would've come with, but frankly being a mother took a lot of her time lately. Maybe it was just hard for her to balance her social life with her family life, but she did enjoy it. "And Aiden is waiting at home too, so I guess you're coming with me, or?" she asked her brother, frowning as she didn't know what he was thinking. Xander nodded, smiling softly before looking at Halcyon. "Some other time then," Buffy said, reaching forward to give Halcyon a brief parting hug. "I'll see you soon I hope," she whispered before letting go and waving as her and Xander headed away and home towards Western District.

//Out//
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's been a while - Xander   It's been a while - Xander Empty

Back to top Go down

It's been a while - Xander
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Northern District :: Faith Gardens-
Jump to: