Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Starstrucked! EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Starstrucked! EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Starstrucked! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Starstrucked! EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Starstrucked! EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Starstrucked!

Go down 
Iola

Iola

Full name : Iola Margaret

Starstrucked! Empty
PostSubject: Starstrucked!   Starstrucked! EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 5:28 pm

Place: Just a street in the northern district.
Surroundings: People stuck in their busy lives in beautiful scenery of a pretty well kept street with a small fountain in the middle.
Weather: It's one of the colder days, with dark clouds in the sky. Could be raining at any minute.
Outfit: A simple button up shirt and some pants that are covered by a blanket.
Topic for: @Halcyon

Being confined to a chair really was just as annoying as it seemed to be. Iola hated it, sitting down all then when she really just wanted to stretch her legs and go for a walk. She could always try and use her leg braces, but it never worked and she would always look forward to the next day being nothing but pain with the strain on her sleeping muscles. "Is this okay Ms. Margaret?" her helper asked as she was trying to adjust the chair's back to be easier on Iola's. The young daemoness shook her head. "But it's fine. I'll just have to get used to it," she spoke rather softly before she gestured for the helper to continue their walk. The chair was pushed forward and Iola leaned back with a deep sigh. Many eyes rested on her, some were fleeting and others stayed for longer, she could almost tell what all of them were thinking: How could such a pretty girl be stuck in a chair like this?
She lifted her hand and the helper stopped as her eyes widened a little in what first was surprise but then awe. A smile spread on her lips as she pointed her helper forward, "Can you please go talk to that man over there?" she asked her, and the helper nodded before she went to the young man, clearing her throat. The daemoness sat behind by the fountain, her eyes bright of adoration. "Excuse me Mr?" the helper greeted him with a warm smile. "My employer once saw one of your shows at the opera, and she'd very much like to talk to you, if that wouldnt be a bother?" the helper asked, her smile turning a little hopeful, gesturing towards Iola who was sitting by the fountain.
Back to top Go down
Halcyon

Halcyon

Full name : Halcyon Regis
Quote : To judge the character of a man, look at how he treats those below him.

Starstrucked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starstrucked!   Starstrucked! EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 10:05 pm

Halcyon was enjoying one of his rare days off. After having been to the park and looked at the pretty flowers and trees, felt how the nature as always made him relax... He had spent a few hours there, ignoring the looks he'd gotten - both as a famous ballet star, and also as a mythical, it was sort of impossible to not garner looks wherever he went, no matter what he did. When he was younger he had tried to sort of hide himself whenever he went into public, but since that had never worked, he had just settled for never bothering to try to hide, and just keep to the parts of the city that he knew well enough.

Now that he had relaxed, he had gone out of the park, and began to go for a walk down the street. Here, he was walking almost completely absorbed in his own thoughts, when he heard someone addressing him, and turned to the woman who just spoke. His eyes followed her gesture, where they landed upon the young woman in the wheelchair. Unlike most people though, his look wasn't one of pity, nor was the small smile. She was pretty - and he didn't even really look at the chair. His gaze went back to the helper, as he nodded. "Of course. It isn't a bother at all." And the kind smile this time around was just wide enough that a bit of the serrated teeth could be seen, before he walked over to the woman in the wheelchair. "Nice to meet you, Miss...?" he said, with half a bow - a subtle way of asking for her name.
Back to top Go down
Iola

Iola

Starstrucked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starstrucked!   Starstrucked! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 6:59 pm

It wouldnt have surprised her if she had been met with eyes full of pity, in fact she had become so accustomed to that sort of reaction that she barely noticed it anymore. What surprised her was as the man approached her, he seemed to bear a friendly smile with no indications that he had noticed the chair. That made Iola’s smile grow brighter as she folded her hands on her lap to try and contain her own excitement. “Iola Margaret,” she said in a quieted down shy voice, lifting a hand to move some hair behind her ear. She couldnt believe that this was actually happening right now!
“I’m a fan of your work,” she said in a happy tone, her fingers fiddling a little with each other. She wasnt that used to conversations with anyone that wasnt her family, even less did she know how to not sound like a happy little schoolgirl! He must have thought she was a bit daft. “I’ve been to quite a few of your performances,” she added, folding her lips to stop herself from smiling so brightly. “The way you move, you make it seem as easy as walking,” she complimented him, though it probably wasnt the best choice of words in her circumstances.

/ Sorry bout the lack of colours, am on my phone Smile
Back to top Go down
Halcyon

Halcyon

Starstrucked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starstrucked!   Starstrucked! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 11:20 am

He liked seeing that smile grow brighter - in general, he just liked to see people being happy, especially if they had some sort of disability - not that he had even really spared the chair a glance. But he guessed a lot of people saw the chair before they saw her... Which they should feel ashamed for, according to him. Take the person at face value - don't be fooled by anything around them. Some of the strongest, kindest people he knew, had some odds against them, in some way or form. If anything, it built character.

"Iola? Beautiful name." he said with a bit of a smile, bowing his head almost as if in a small imitation of a bow, as his greeting. "Halcyon Regis - although I can already hear that my reputation and work presumes me," he then said with a bit of a chuckle and a wink. He still just introduced himself because it was the polite thing to do. "I'm happy to hear you enjoy my work. I aim to please, after all." and then, he gave just a short chuckle. "Well, it is rather easy to make it seem effortless when one has trained it for decades. But all the same, thank you - from the bottom of my heart. I'm just happy I've been able to please."
Back to top Go down
Iola

Iola

Starstrucked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starstrucked!   Starstrucked! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 1:47 am

The compliment made her giggle as she shook her hand at him, "I rarely use it. Most people call me Ms. Margaret, but you can call me whichever you like," she said with a soft smile on her lips. He hadnt needed to introduce himself, but she appreciated it nonetheless. "It really does," she agreed with a nod. Most with just a small interest in the art of performance would at least know the local faces, and with Iola's special interest in ballet, she knew most of them. Halcyon was just her favorite of them all due to how he seemed to give his all. "I'm sure when I tell you that your hard work had paid off quite well," she nodded. She folded her lips a little in a thoughtful way, before she looked around. "Would you mind if I got us some coffee? Unless you are busy of course?" she asked, tilting her head to the side. She had many questions but she then realized that she had been bold to assume that he would share a coffee with her, some random girl who was also a cripple, her cheeks reddening in embarrassment as she thought she had forced him to accept or be shunned for turning away a girl in a wheelchair. "If you'd like to, as well," she quickly added with her head bowed down to hide her red cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Halcyon

Halcyon

Starstrucked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starstrucked!   Starstrucked! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 11:51 am

"Well, it's a shame to have such a unique name and not have it used, isn't it? So... Iola it is." he said with another of his bright smiles. He looked off to the side for a moment, still smiling, when she confirmed his reputation his precede him. It almost always did - he barely ever had a need to actually introduce himself to people, he just... Always did it, anyway, out of sheer politeness. "And thank you. It's nice to know all of that work has, indeed, paid off. One thing is what I, myself, see and feel - it's a whole other thing to hear that the audience can see the difference, as well."

"Oh, I would love to! I was just going to walk around looking at the stores anyway - I don't really have anything planned for today. My training is already over and done with - so yes, it'd be nice with something to drink, and maybe a bite to eat, too. And to be quite honest - you seem like a very nice person, so of course I wouldn't mind it being with you." he said, the smile on his lips as soft, genuine and kind as his tone of voice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Starstrucked! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starstrucked!   Starstrucked! Empty

Back to top Go down

Starstrucked!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Northern District-
Jump to: