Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Old habits die hard EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Old habits die hard EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Old habits die hard EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Old habits die hard EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Old habits die hard EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Old habits die hard

Go down 
Mickey

Mickey

Full name : Mickey Angela Lewis
Quote : I'll show you crazy!

Old habits die hard Empty
PostSubject: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 2:59 am

@Millie <3

It hadnt been many days before their breakup that Mickey’s parents had passed. It was a but of a blur to Mickey anyway, who had already picked up on quite the habit of drinking rather than confront her feelings. She had papers waiting back at home in Churchill, but she wasnt ready to leave. Because leaving this country felt letting go of that small bit that was keeping everything together. She still had the key to the apartment and let herself in, knowing that Millie would be home eventually, but not exactly sure when. Mickey did what she did best during these days of grieving, finding herself a few bottles of strong liqueur, a blanket and a sofa. Wrapping herself in the blanket, she could lie there all day as long as there was liquid in the bottles. She felt lower than shit, knowing that the last thing Millie probably wanted was to see her miserable ass one more time. But if this was the last time, was it really that bad then? Mickey begged to differ as she took another swig of the bottle, stuck in her own thoughts to not hear the key turn in the lock.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Full name : George Sullivan

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 10:35 am

Millie was exhausted, dragging herself up the stairs as she was talking on the phone with her mother. They weren't close, but it was the only family that she had, and Millie had too big of a heart to just let her go. Her mother didn't approve of her work, but she didn't approve of anything unless it was benefiting her. "Tak mamo," she mumbled, just a standard reply as she was fiddling with the keys in her hand. Her mother was once again reprimanding her, but at this point the human had learnt how to just ignore it once the phone call was over. "Wiem," she said, groaning as she rubbed her nose, the keys dangling in her face, but the groan was not something her mother seemed very impressed with.
While getting a proper scolding, she finally let herself in the apartment, dropping the keys off in a small tray as she kicked off her shoes. "Tak, tak, słyszałem," she said in an annoyed voice, moving further in to the apartment and in to her bedroom, placing down her bass case and her small luggage. Turning around she looked herself in the mirror with a brief sigh before putting her mother on speaker, the polish language flowing freely and rather angrily. Millie just ignore it as she found some more comfy clothes, just saying a few agreeing sounds as her mother seemed to get fired up. Finally it seemed like she was calming down, so she picked up her phone and went in to the living room, passing the sofa at first like nothing was there, but then she stopped and backtracked.
Sitting on her couch was none other than Mickey. She felt her blood stiffen in her veins, a cold shudder running down her back. "Mamo, zadzwonię później," she said hastily before hanging up, popping her phone down on the coffee table before folding her arms in front of her chest. "So you're breaking in now?" she just scoffed, looking at the bottle in her hand, reaching out to grab it, prying it away from the already drunken hybrid. "I made it very clear that you weren't welcome anymore," her voice ice cold as she moved out in to the little kitchen.  
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 12:05 am

The bottles seemed to be the last comfort she had in the world around her. Not that alcohol did much except make things hazy, blurring out the pain and the sorrow. She was just staring into the room as she took swigs from the bottle, even as she heard the human come inside. It wasnt really surprising to hear her mother scold her on speaker, Mickey was sure there had been a lot of polish insults that had been made towards her without her knowing. Her eyes followed her as she passed her, to then look at her backtrack. She looked at her face with a neutral expression. Was she supposed to feel bad? The scoff made her sigh as she went for another swig off the bottle, only for the human to snatch it. "I had a key. Is that really breaking in?" she asked quietly, looking at the human for a bit before looking away. The breakup had been bad, so she wasnt really surprised that there were still negative vibes going around them. "Well, I wanted to return the keys. And then I saw the bottle. And well, you can probably do the math," she simply said, lifting a hand to rub her own cheek a little. There was a slight tingly feeling on the tip of her nose. "But sure, I'll leave," she said as she got up from the couch, still with the blanket around her. She headed for the door before she stopped and just stared at the handle. "You know, you were the last good thing I had," she said, feeling a bitter taste in her mouth.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 11:13 am

Millie didn't appreciate the attitude. Had Mickey always been like this? Their whole relationship had felt like it had been built on a lie - a lie that benefitted the hybrid. Placing the bottle on the counter, she breathed out through her nose, trying to calm herself. She was not an angry person, but she was still not over everything that had happened. Honestly she had just kinda tossed herself back in to work and not had any time to just be alone with her emotions. To calm herself she looked out at the setting sun, cars moving down the streets away from downtown and on their way home.
Once she was feeling more like herself, she moved back in the living room, seeing that the hybrid had gotten up, the blanket still draping over her slender body. Millie didn't give a shit about that blanket, so if she had decided to take it with her it would just be so, however watching her hesitate at the door made her narrow her eyes. Was she too drunk to turn the handle? Then the bitter words were slung in to the room, and Millie just stood there in disbelief. She could feel her blood boil, feel how angry she was about being taken advantage of. "It was all a lie anyways, right?" she said in a cold tone.
When she had learnt what Mickey had done to keep her around, it felt like nothing was real. Millie had truly felt in love with the hybrid, felt the tingles in her stomach when they were spending lazy days in bed watching movies. Or when Mickey had joined her at practice, stealing kisses in between songs. But what the hybrid was capable of doing, for the sake of Millie not achieving her lifelong goal and keeping her with the hybrid - it was what made all the emotions for her disappear. "If you had the chance ... Would you do the same over again? Use me like that?" she asked, not knowing if she really wanted the answer.
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 10:21 pm

There was no point in lying, even if Mickey was possibly the worst thing that could have happened to Millie, it was quite different the other way around. The way she spoke in a cold tone made Mickey scoff while she kept her eyes on the handle, still not reaching out for it. "Would you have preferred the bitter truth?" she asked, grinding her teeth a little bit. It was a little humorous at this point, how less guilty Mickey felt now that there was no secrets. She didnt answer the question but rather just turned her head to look at her with stoic eyes. "Does it matter?" she asked, waiting for the human to answer, if she was so certain she wanted the answer, then Mickey would exhale and crack a small sad smile. "Yes. I would," she answered. She wrapped the blanket a little closer around herself. "You were so eager in your saviour complex, you didnt realize that I had been honest with you from the start. I told you exactly what you were going into, but you just jumped in with both feet, not caring about warning or ache," she said, almost in a tone of mockery before she shook her head at herself. "Did you really think you could change me? Like there havent been people before you with the same goal?" she then asked, frowning a little.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 11:28 pm

"Oh yeah, I forgot - It's all my fault for stepping in to the bear trap, huh?" she said, rolling her eyes as she folded her arms in front of her chest. She knew this didn't matter, but just saying it all out loud made her feel less crazy. When she had gone home after their break up, she had gotten to stay at her mom's place for a bit. It wasn't optimal, and her mother had kept scolding her for being a bad daughter, but it was better than being alone. Then things had gotten better, and then worse, so instead of thinking about it further she had just tossed herself in to her work. It had felt good getting home too tired to even care at the end of the day and just sleeping.
"And don't give me that crap as if you didn't encourage that savior complex," she scoffed, using her hands to make air quotations. "But sure, maybe I was wrong for falling in love with you, maybe I am just an idiot who dream of love stories and had a hope that you might be the one - But clearly that was all a lie too; Every little thing we did together I don't know whether was my real emotions or your fucked up way of controlling me," she spat. It was frustrating, even if the hybrid was as stoic as she was, it was like Millie could finally break through the rose tinted glasses she had been wearing around her.
"And now you go and do this" - she gestured to Mickey as she was standing right now, drunk and wrapped in a blanket in her hallway - "like what am I even supposed to do or say?"
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 5:55 pm

It had always been turbulent between them. But a thing Mickey had always been sure on is that it wouldnt have lasted. Even if Mickey had been honest from the start, it had bound to fall apart at some point. "Do you want me to pick it apart for you and tell you everything? Would that help you in any way?" she asked coldly but she knew it wasnt going to change anything. If anything it would probably make the human hurt even more.
"I dont know. You tell me," she said in a indifferent tone, rolling her eyes before she finally seemed to decide that she was going to stay. She didnt know where else to go after all. She sat back down and looked up at the human. "In all honesty. I dont think you'd have the guts to do anything drastic anyway," she said with a small yawn, leaning back into the couch. "Or who knows. Maybe this time around you'll surprise me. But I highly doubt it," she pondered, before she looked at Millie with tired eyes. "Give me the bottle back," she said holding out her hand. If the human refused, her eyes would harden. "Why the fuck do you give a crap? Hand me the damned bottle," she hissed coldly, gritting her teeth slightly.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 7:55 pm

Sure it hadn't been easy, but Millie had felt like it was actually a relationship she had been invested in. However the confusing feelings and weird wonderings of her actual mindset during it all was so loud in her head. She just looked down at the question. It wouldn't help, nothing really helped and that seemed to be the damned problem. Mickey had fucked her up, not just in a usual break up kind of deal, but down to her core. Millie didn't trust the world very much to begin with, but Mickey had made her feel like she could really open up. However now it was as if she needed to fortify the walls around her and not get swallowed whole by the world as she knew it.
The hybrid seemed to make up her mind, and with a half lazy gaze she watched as she sat down in her couch. The words stung. Was she really just a boring ass bitch? Shaking her head no made her blonde hairs frizz up a bit, making her look a little electric. "You don't fucking get it anyways ... Nothing in this world matters to you, not me, not your life - Not even your family," she said in a cold tone, walking back out in to the kitchen, handing her the bottle back. "But sure, have this shitty alcohol - I'm leaving," she yelled, tossing her the bottle as she grabbed her phone and her jacket, storming out the door. She knew she should've stood her ground, made the hybrid leave, but all of a sudden home didn't feel safe anymore. It felt violated. It wasn't a place she wanted to be right now, and if she didn't get out while she could, Mickey would keep at it with her degrading.
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 8:41 pm

She knew she was being too crude for her own good right in this moment, but she didnt really see the point in lying too. She was on a path of self destruction, so what was really that bad about hammering on the nails on the coffin? She chuckled at her words like it was amusing to her but she was actually feeling like she was on the brink of falling apart. But like hell was she ever going to let that show too obviously. "Paint me like a villain all you want, but this was how it was going to end, even before it started. As much as you want it to only be my fault, it takes two to form a relationship," she reminded her, putting her hand out for the bottle once more. "That's okay, I was done talking to you anyway," she mumbled as she looked at the bottle that was tossed to her. She picked it up but rather than continue drinking from it, she just looked at it for a while in silence. She would leave eventually, but for now she just wanted to sit and be miserable. She smiled a sad smile to herself and leaned back to look up into the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 9:49 pm

It did take two, but when everything was just built on a lie, then it had always been one sided, right? Millie just left, breathing out heavy as she closed the door behind her, walking down the stairs until she reached the ground floor. She padded down her pockets, making sure she got everything important before she headed off. Knowing that Serena was in town did make everything feel a bit better, catching the first bus she could get on.
Once she reached Serena's place she got off, looking at the building as she just headed in. Her friend was probably caught up in work, but Millie didn't mind. She just didn't want to be alone right now. Ringing the doorbell she bounced her leg a bit - a nervous tic she had - looking at herself in the small window leading in to the apartment. That was when she realized that she had actually been crying, wiping off her face before the door phone rang. "Hi - uh - It's me," she stumbled through her sentence, suddenly feeling rather anxious. "Can I come in? I just wanna hang for a bit." There wasn't really an answer before she was buzzed in, hurrying up the stairs until she reached the door. However it wasn't Serena opening the door.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 9:49 pm

Kaden liked hanging out around Serena; She was a chill person and he needed that in his chaotic life. When the human had gone to the bathroom the door had rung, and a bit confused the lycan had gotten up, walked his lanky body over to the door phone before he heard the shaky voice. Something just clicked in him, as if his hyper lycan empathy could feel her emotions through the phone, but he didn't hesitate to buzz her in.
Opening the door, he frowned, looking confused for a second before looking down and seeing the rather tiny human. "Yo, Serena's on the toilet or whatever," he just muttered, his deep voice ringing in the hallway for a bit before he stood aside to let the young female in.
Back to top Go down
Serena Joy

Serena Joy

Full name : Serena Joy Corbel-Hollis

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 10:50 pm

Serena was always pretty good at planning her tours. Make sure that whenever she was promoting a collection, if it was in Poland, she would always have a few days to go see Millie. They were best friends after all, so it was only natural for Serena to want to be close to her. She had brought Kaden along, seeing that he was nothing else to do except that eventually thinking out some new lyrics for a song or whatever. Serena was unsure how that whole matter was working out. She heard the door open and frowned a little to herself, drying off her hands and correcting her skirt before she went to see what was going on. But seeing Millie, she frowned and drew in a deep breath. "Is Mickey in your apartment?" she simply asked. Truth be told, Serena wasnt really getting along with the hybrid. She was definitely not what Serena thought clergies had to be like. "Oh my gods. She cant bloody do this to you, Kaden agree with me here. Should I go kick her out?" she asked, looking shortly at Kaden before Millie. "If you want, just say it. I'm sure Kaden will hold and I can kick her," she said in a tone of defeat because she knew Millie would never agree to it.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 8:31 am

Why was it that Serena always knew? How could she always be one step ahead like this? However as soon as Millie heard the name of the hybrid she broke down crying, sitting down in one of the fancy chairs, lifting her legs up and curling herself in to a ball as she sobbed. It didn't help that her friend started talking about beating her up, because what would that really solve? Nothing.
She could hear the tall lycan move around, and before she knew it she felt his hand on her shoulder, a warm one with loads of comfort, even if he was a stranger. Millie blinked a few times, sniffling as she dried her tears, because she knew what it meant when a lycan touched you. They felt your pain as well. Swallowing she suddenly felt bad, not wanting the lycan to be sad too, but his face seemed rather relaxed. His eyes spoke a thousand words, and Millie turned to look at Serena with wet eyes. "Can we just ... Not talk about her?" she mumbled, her voice a little hoarse, but that was to be expected from her sobbing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 8:31 am

Kaden knew that Serena didn't act this way around random people, and even though the human was good at hiding, she couldn't hide that genuine reaction. The lycan just let the blonde speak before looking to his friend. "Well, no tag team today," he said, his american accent hard to hide, sending Serena a reassuring smile he let go of Millie's shoulder, moving over to plop down on the big couch. "Besides, exes can be crazy with shit like this ... I'll say let her be until she leaves and then just change the locks," a small shrug to follow as he stretched his long limbs above his head. "We were also just about to head out - so if you want to, you can join us, right Sere?"
Back to top Go down
Serena Joy

Serena Joy

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 5:34 pm

It was hurting her to see her friend like this, she knew far too much about the relationship that the human had had with the hybrid to know that the crying was coming from a far deeper level than just another meaningless relationship. She crossed her arms and carefully walked over to her friend, while the lycan spoke. "Yeah, I'm actually really starving right now," she said, trying to flash an optimistic smile. "We thought to find a good place and have a drink, you can join if you'd like? No, I changed my mind, you have to come with us!" she said, placing a hand on her friend's shoulder to give it a soft squeeze. She then looked at Kaden for his input. They hadnt exactly agreed on what to spend their day on yet even though she made it seem that way.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 11:42 am

Millie nodded, but the suggestion of her joining them felt a little scary. She wasn't normally shy, but she now realized who the lycan was. It was Kaden Miller, or perhaps known better as K-Mills. Of course the human knew that Serena knew all kinds of celebrities, but this guy had a song in the charts right now. Swallowing she looked down. It was one thing to meet artists and designers, but meeting someone from your own line of craft was a bit intimidating. That and the fact that she had just been crying over an ex girlfriend, it didn't really put her high on the cool scales.
"I don't know," she finally said, shrugging lightly as she felt like maybe just staying back wouldn't ruin their night. Besides, wouldn't she just be that awkward tag-along if they had already made plans?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 11:42 am

Kaden was a pretty relaxed guy as it was, sure he could throw hands and party like a rockstar, but he mostly just liked being around his close friends. Serena was one of those friends, one that he felt he could trust with his crazy ideas and they seemed to bring out the wild side of one another. But he was not one for hogging up people's time, and being selfish wasn't something he was when it came to other's well being. He was a lycan after all. Serena suggested that the human came with them, and he could hear her be insecure. He jumped to his feet, walking over to swing an arm around Serena's shoulder's as he looked at the blonde.
"I'd say, if she doesn't want to, we'll have to kidnap her," Kaden said, narrowing his eyes in a playful look, chuckling as he turned to look at Serena. "Besides, having two beautiful girls on my arm might be just what the tabloids need to write another great story about my infidelities," he smiled, his teeth neat and straight, his blonde hair a bit messy on his head. He had some sort of weird hybrid of a boy next door and an alternative outcast about him.
Back to top Go down
Serena Joy

Serena Joy

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 7:54 pm

The human wasnt really budging on the matter, like at all. "Nonono nah, you dont get to say no missy," she said with a shake of her head and a soft smile. She knew she was quite pushy when it came to stuff like this, but on the other hand, she had also seen how exhausting it could be to be around Mickey firsthand. That was why Kaden's comment made her chuckle but she nodded in all seriousness. It was the only other option if Millie didnt want to go out of free will. "You're unbelievable sometimes, truly," she said in almost disgust as he remarked it was good for the headlines. "Just carry her if she doesnt want to come," she said as she grabbed Millie's arm. "Last chance to make a decision for yourself," she said with a smirk on her lip. There really wasnt a choice at all, but she liked to pretend as so. After all she was quite image oriented at only out of habit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 3:01 pm

Kaden shrugged as it seemed like Millie wouldn't get up, walking over and picking up the small human as if she had been no heavier than a feather. The human started kicking, but the lycan was clearly the strongest of the two. "Give it up, spud, you have no choice either way," he simply said, chuckling as he walked over to Serena with a bright smile on his face.
They headed outside, and at some point he placed down Millie so that she could walk by herself, chuckling as he saw her red face and pouty lips as she looked at the two of them. "C'mon kid, this is good for you; Besides I'm starving, so let's grab something to eat and then get some drinks," he said, slapping his hands together, rubbing them as he was rather excited.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 3:01 pm

Even though she was pouting a bit, she actually seemed to get along with Kaden. She eyed Serena before they entered a restaurant. It seemed much more fancy than she was used to, but alas the meal they got was great. After eating the human had loosened up a bit - that and the fact that her and Serena had been sharing a bottle of wine over dinner. Millie suggested that they could go to this local bar not far from the restaurant, while Kaden didn't mind at all she looked to her best friend.
"You were right, Serena ... Going out is exactly what I needed, and how better than to let loose than to dance with you?" They had gone out many times before, gotten blasted drunk and danced on the bar tables until they were kicked out. In fact so many times that the human couldn't even remember just how many times it was.
Their server came and Kaden just paid as if this was nothing to him, which made Millie feel rather uncomfortable. She knew that a star like him had money, and she knew that Serena had money as well, which meant that Millie would always feel like she wasn't in the club. However as it was right now, she was more worried of where she was going once the night had ended.
The group got up and headed out in the streets. Fortunately the bar wasn't far, and as Millie led them she felt a smile on her face grow. The day had been a little crazy so far, but she was so ready to just let loose. The bar was more like a nightclub, but for now they kept the house music to a minimum. Inside she grabbed Serena's hand, pulling her with her up to the bar to order some drinks while Kaden found a table. "Thank you for doing this," it was brief, but she also knew Serena didn't want some soppy thank you spiel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old habits die hard   Old habits die hard Empty

Back to top Go down

Old habits die hard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Other realms :: Other countries-
Jump to: