Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

The Clergy and a Ghoul

Go down 
Emily

Emily

Full name : Emmeline Jacobs
Quote : How can someone be cold as a corpse when they’re this hot?

The Clergy and a Ghoul Empty
PostSubject: The Clergy and a Ghoul   The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptyTue May 11, 2021 1:59 am

@Phineas <3

Lately it had been quite depressing to be around the temples. Emily knew she had to come and get her checkup with the clergy that had fixed her, make sure that her soul wasnt getting unstable or corrupted. She just kind of wished she could have a normal life without this. But then again, as she watched them haul off another body onto a carriage to move away, she thought her chances in a regular life probably would have just made her another corpse on the carriage. “You seem a little distracted today, Emily,” the clergy said as she checked the scar and placed a hand on Emily’s chest. The ghoul made a small sigh. “Yeah, I was expecting a call but I lost my phone,” she just said, rolling her eyes a little as if she tried not to care that much. The clergy chuckled. “I’m sure whoever it is will figure out how to find you, you’re after all quite comfortable to be around when you decide drop the attitude,” - “Duh? That’s why I gotta keep it up sometimes” Emily just sighed and looked away.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

Full name : Rhys Kaine

PostSubject: Re: The Clergy and a Ghoul   The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptyTue May 11, 2021 1:48 pm

Phineas thought that the night he had met Emily he had gained some sort of hope that he could get out of his shell a bit more. But walking around with her phone, he knew he couldn't just call or text her. He had tried looking her up on the Internet, but all he could really find was a death ad with no picture.
He was working a bit more at the temples, skipping out on school because he felt like being there was a waste of everyone's time. He moved through the temple, heading up to some of the smaller healing rooms. Knocking on it he opened as he was told to enter. "I'm awfully sorry to interrupt, but Elder Miriam needs your help with an ointment," he said, keeping his gaze down in respect. He was not trying to get in trouble, not when everyone around him always seemed to give him a scolding for slacking.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: The Clergy and a Ghoul   The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptyTue May 11, 2021 4:56 pm

The female clergy had pretty much been Emily's rock since her resurrection. It was kind of like having a second mother for Emily. The clergy just scoffed at her statement and shook her head. "Then hopefully the one you've met has a lot of patience," she teased her, making Emily narrow her eyes to a dead stare. Their conversation was interrupted by a knock and they both turned their head as the clergy entered. Emily recognized him instantly and widened her eyes for a short moment. The female clergy nodded at Phineas' words and then looked at Emily. "Seems like we'll have to save the chatter for another time," she said in a warm tone before she looked at Phineas. "I only need a blood sample from this girl. Can you help her with it?" she asked, Emily blinking a few times as she wasnt sure what to say. Maybe hello was a good word, but on the other hand, how in the world could this be done without it being awkward. The clergy stopped in the door and sent Emily a bright smile, before making her leave. "Phineas," Emily just said before a smile snuck up on her lips. She knew what it looked like but frankly she just hoped he wouldnt ask about it. Her scar had been bleeding a bit from a test that the female clergy had taken, but it would go back to normal rather soon.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: The Clergy and a Ghoul   The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptyTue May 11, 2021 9:27 pm

Phineas just nodded, following orders as he seemed almost robotic, and yet not. He was still a bit of a mess, and often dropped things. He moved over to grab some needles before he heard her voice. His eyes lit up as he turned to look at her. She looked a bit rough, but he didn't notice that. He just saw her lovely brown eyes. Eyes he had described as mud. He started doubting himself, breathing out as he sent her a polite smile. "Hi," he said a little shyly. Walking over, he sat down in the chair the female clergy had been in, gesturing for her to come with her arm.
"It's really good to see you," he said with sincerity to his voice, prepping the needle after having applied gloves. After that he didn't know what to say. They hadn't been able to talk, and he had her phone. How was he going to twist this without her thinking of him like some criminal?
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: The Clergy and a Ghoul   The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptyWed May 12, 2021 1:04 pm

It should almost have been expected that he would light up like some excited puppy. He really just was like that, a sweet puppy with big curly hair that just waited for an opportunity to wag his tail. The shy hi was also very sweet to her. For reasons she wasnt really sure of, because the old Emily would have rolled her eyes and said something in the likes of get lost loser. Maybe old Emily really was dead.
She reached out her arm at his gesture, his remark catching her little off guard as she furrowed her brows a little. "It's good to see you too. I'm sorry if you've been texting me, they took my phone and I-" she stopped herself before she sighed and shook her head. "I just couldnt go there and get it back," she said, hoping it made sense, without her having to explain it. "It's not like I was ignoring you, actually I was really wanting to do the opposite of ignoring, 'cause you're actually super nice and not annoying like most people I talk to," she just spewed out, wanting to focus on that rather than her lost phone that she hadnt gone to get.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: The Clergy and a Ghoul   The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptyWed May 12, 2021 3:00 pm

Phineas always looked a little lost, but he always were present when in a room with someone he liked. She started chattering, and he murmured a soft "and a little prick," as he put the needle in her arm, taking enough blood out for the blood samples that the clergy had asked for. She was still talking and he shook his head at her. "It's alright ... I know," he said in a calm manner, placing a cotton ball over the puncture, "bend your arm." He did all of this work rather effortlessly when he didn't think too much, but just seeing her had made his day that much better. Discarding his gloves and washing his hands to try and get the scent of nitrile off his fingers he hummed to himself.
"I've tried to look you up all over the place, but I couldn't really find anything on you," he said, drying off his hands before returning to her with a small band-aid for the needle hole. "But I think someone is looking over you, cause I actually have your phone," he said, digging in to his pocket before handing it over to her. It wasn't his property and it really hadn't been his to steal either. "I got it at the police station," he whispered, not wanting anyone to hear that part, "I thought it was weird that it was with all the evidence, but I didn't want you to be in trouble for something you had nothing to do with." Always considerate, always ready to help. Maybe he was a clergy after all, and yet it still felt too weird to think about.
"I know it's not right taking things like that ... But in my gut it doesn't feel right to let you be punished," he said, sending her a trying smile.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: The Clergy and a Ghoul   The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptyWed May 12, 2021 6:46 pm

He warned her about a prick but she didnt feel it at all. But at this point she didnt seem to care. If he thought that was weird, he should have seen the sample that the clergy got off her throat, that definitely would look like something that hurt. His shake of his head made her sigh because she knew she had been rambling. She moved her elbow as instructed though she didnt really care that much about bleeding.
She looked down a little as he spoke of trying to find her, because she worried what he might have found out about her then. But before she could even begin to think about it, he disclosed that he had her phone and her face just lit up in happiness as she was handed her phone. This was perfect, now she didnt have to go and fuss with getting a new one. His whisper made her chuckle as she shook her head, "They took it because I sent you that message," she said with a small roll of her eyes, holding the phone a little close to her heart as she just felt so excited.
Shaking her head at his last words she just reached out and pulled him in for a hug, resting her head on his shoulder for a second. "Thank you so much for going through all that for my sake" she said in a quiet tone, before she let go of him again, looking down at her phone. "I've actually never experienced someone being this genuinely nice. It's totally a nice fresh breath of air,"
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: The Clergy and a Ghoul   The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptyWed May 12, 2021 7:04 pm

The way she lit up and got excited. Phineas had never seen anyone so cute, and then she pulled him in to a hug. He froze, his heart thumping in his chest before he slowly wrapped his arms around her. She felt a little cold, and he wanted to warm her, but she let go. Not being one to linger he did the same, leaning back in his seat, happy eyes and a half smirk on his lips. Then she thanked him, saying she hadn't experienced anything like this before. It made him frown, narrowing his eyes. "B-but you're so nice," he managed to stutter, blinking as he looked down and away. He liked her, and it wasn't in the cool way like Deacon always made it seem. Did he have to feel this nervous all the time?
Emily looked older than him, but it seemed that no girl his age ever looked his way. He wasn't particularly smart, handsome or good at sports. "I mean, from what I've seen of you you're really nice and caring - and I guess it doesn't help that I've been thinking about you and how you were, b-because I was scared if you were alright or if you were eating or if-" he said, cutting himself off as he realized he was starting to ramble, his cheeks flaring up.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: The Clergy and a Ghoul   The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptyThu May 13, 2021 3:09 am

She shook her head even if he meant well by his sweet words. “I am nice now. I havent always been. And it’s not just for anyone,” she corrected him with a small smile over her lips. Truth be told, she could be a bitch if she wanted to. But it wouldnt be any gain to her in this situation to be that way.
Oh he was really just a sweetheart wasnt he? It was so cute she almost felt nauseous from how he was just so effortlessly adorable. “You shouldnt have to worry about me. I dont want to add to the list of worries,” she then said, still quite aware of the burden he was currently bearing. Laying on top of that just seemed a little selfish and as ego centered as she could be, this wasnt it. “I’m actually more worried about you. Have you been well? Eating enough?” She asked, looking at him with a small searching furrow of her brows.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: The Clergy and a Ghoul   The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptyThu May 13, 2021 2:01 pm

He was starting to understand her more and more, piecing things together from what she had told him. And from what he could tell, she had had a big event happen that had changed her life, and he for some reason just knew she wasn't born with that scar and pale skin. "I'll worry about you whether you tell me to or not," he shrugged, but he meant it. It was as if every person that came in to his life was just a new person to care and worry for. However as she turned the conversation to him he had to sheepishly look down.
"I've tried to ... But these days I have trouble keeping my food down, and I've lost a couple of pounds just over the last week," he had to admit. It wasn't too noticeable, thanks to his loose-fitting clothes, but he was not looking to lose any more weight. "I just think my body is reacting to everything going on, and eating isn't really something you wanna be doing when all you can think about is black puss or dying kids," he said, his eyes hazing a bit. He wished he could just be desensitized to it by now, but he always had to feel so much. "Sorry, you don't want to be hearing about all this," he muttered, getting up to walk over to the window. Looking out you could see the dark pillar in the far distance, but it was visible. He had even heard some people talking about the fact you could see it in Aurvandil.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: The Clergy and a Ghoul   The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptyFri May 14, 2021 1:55 am

She should probably have expected that telling him not to worry wouldnt have changed anything. But she really did want to hear about him and whether he was well. He was awfully truthful considering how closed off he otherwise had seemed but she didnt really blame him. Maybe he just needed to get it off his chest and have someone just listen. But as he apologized for speaking about it, she frowned and shook her head. "Dont tell me what I do or dont want to hear. Just say whatever you want to say," she said in a more serious tone, looking at him at the window. She had seen the pillar but wasnt really sure what it meant besides bad news. Getting off her seat she walked over beside him and carefully turned her eyes to look at him. "Do you.... maybe want to hang out when you're done here? Like it doesnt matter how late, I can wait," she said, trying not to sound a little desperate.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: The Clergy and a Ghoul   The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptyFri May 14, 2021 8:10 am

He didn't know why, but around her it felt like he could just open up. It was strange. He had never felt this trust from the get go, he always had to watch from a distance until he was sure. Maybe it was because of her brown eyes that just seemed so genuine, or perhaps it was just because she was a pretty girl and he had never had such attention before. She joined him, and for a second he wanted to be brave, pull her in close and maybe get to smell her hair. But he wasn't. So he just stood there like an idiot.
She suggested spending time together, and he turned to look at her. His eyes hopeful and clearly happy. "I don't want you to just waste time by waiting for me," he said rather sincerely, his hand moving out to adjust a loose strain of hair, placing it back behind her ear. "I only have a couple of people left to tend to ... You can help me I you're up for it?" He suggested, mostly because he knew the last people on his list was in remission.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: The Clergy and a Ghoul   The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptySat May 15, 2021 3:18 pm

Well at least he didnt make her feel like she was desperate. But as he implied that she would be wasting her time waiting, she furrowed her brows a little and clearly didnt agree on that at all. But his hand touching her hair and moving it felt quite nice. She couldnt remember the last time some guy had done that to her. His suggestion made her nod as she smiled brightly. "I can help, sure." she said. She wasnt sure what she was signing up for, but she wanted to help him as the least she could do. "What are they being treated for?"
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: The Clergy and a Ghoul   The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptySun May 16, 2021 1:32 pm

She said she would help and it made him smile quite genuinely. He knew it wasn't something romantic or even cool to ask for, but he just felt a little lonely when he had to tend to patients alone. He led her through the temple, past many areas where sick people were being treated by many clergys that had showed up as the pillar had shown itself.
"Most of my patients are in remission right now, we haven't found a cure, but we have been able to stabilize some of the minor infected," he explained, opening a door in to a room where a young girl was. Her face lit up as she saw Phineas, wanting to jump out of bed, but her feet were infected. "Hi Molly, this is my friend Emily ... Can you promise to be nice to her?" he said and the little girl nodded, reaching her arms out for the clergy. He went over to pick her up, sitting down on the bed with her in his lap. "Hi Emiwy," the girl said a little shyly, waving. "I was just telling Emily about how good of a girl you've been, but we need to change the bandages on your feet," he said which seemed to upset the little girl. Her eyes became wet as she shook her head no, clearly not up for it.
"Shh, Molly, it's alright; I promise we do what we did last, okay?" he said which made the little girl nod. It was clear she knew that it needed to be done, but that she didn't like it. "I told you she was a good girl," Phineas said, smiling up at Emily before turning his attention back to Molly. "While I prepare the new bandages, you can tell Emily all about that new toy your parents have bought you," he encouraged her, scooting the little girl back on the bed, making sure she was sitting stable before getting up and walking over to a small working station. "I get a wracing chair," she said, shyly still, but it was clear she was a little excited to talk about it. "It's gonna be a wrainbow color."
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: The Clergy and a Ghoul   The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptyThu May 20, 2021 8:21 pm

She listened on as he went to explain what it was that was happening. But she hadnt really seen other infections than on the ones that had died, so she wasnt really sure what to expect. Following him into the room, she saw the little girl and furrowed her brows a little. But this was just a kid? She tried to smile to the kid but she was also just a little stunned by the situation itself. Phineas was so kind to the girl and Emily made a small wave to the girl as she tried to say her name. "Hi Molly," she said.
She mostly just let Phineas speak to the girl, noticing how upset she was getting by the mention of her bandages. Emily didnt want to be rude and stare, but she did take small glances towards the bandages. It was no wonder that this stuff was so hard on Phineas if he had to go tend to kids and other people that were really sick. She crouched down to the girl and gently placed a hand on the bed to not just fall over. "A racing chair? That sounds very nice." she said in a soft tone. looking shortly over at Phineas before looking back at Molly. "You know I've heard that rainbow coloured race chairs have actually gotten their colour from driving down the actual rainbow like a slide before they're put into use. Have you heard about that too?" she asked, smiling a little at the girl. She did have a little experience with talking to kids, she had used to work in a kindergarten during the summertime for a little extra money. "So owning such a chair will give you a lot of luck, and speed on top of that!"
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: The Clergy and a Ghoul   The Clergy and a Ghoul EmptyFri May 21, 2021 2:42 pm

Phineas smiled to himself as he listened to how Emily interacted with Molly. He had a soft spot for kids, maybe because when his time wasn't spent at the temples he would babysit around town. It wasn't like there was a lot of work right now with the latter, as most people kept to themselves as to not get infected. He could understand that, but he missed it a lot.
Molly's eyes grew wide with surprise at the mention of it actually sliding down a rainbow. "Wreally?" She asked, her eyes full of hope. Phineas chuckled, nodding to agree with Emily's story. "Emily is a rainbow expert - that's why she's helping me today," he said moving a small table on wheels over to the bed. "Now, Molly, you get to decide if you want Emily to be here as I change your bandages; do you want her to stay or to leave the room while we do it?" He asked. She was a kid, but it was clear that he was encouraging her independence as well as understanding consent.
Molly eventually nodded, saying that she wanted Emily to stay. Phineas nodded, looking up at the blonde with a faint smile, but also cautious eyes. She could leave too, but he wouldn't force her. If she stayed, Molly would reach out, taking Emily's hand as Phineas got to unwrapping the bandaged feet. The poor girl was black with infection from the ankle and down to her toes. It was clear they weren't functioning properly, but the clergies were afraid of removing them in case they found a cure or if it would make the infection flare up. "Alright Molly, I need to wash and dry them - I know you don't like it, but could you stay brave for me today?" He said. It was clearly getting to him that he had to do this, but for the patient's sake he tried remaining calm and happy. Managing to wash her feet, drying them off and rubbing in some soothing tincture,
he let the skin breathe for a while as he went to go wash his hands. Molly looked sad, it was clearly not painful, it was just the sensation of her not being able to feel her feet. "It hurts," she whined, but she couldn't feel them, it was simply the discomfort and the fact that the little girl couldn't put words to that fact.
"I know Molly, I'll wrap them up real nice in a second, the magic water just has to sit for a while," he promised, walking over to sit down, looking at her feet to check on the tincture. "You know, Emily isn't only a rainbow expert, she also knows a lot about magic ... do you see the cut on her throat? That was her evil stepmother who thought Emily was too pretty to live," he said, using her as a fairytale to keep the girl occupied. "Her stepmother was jealous, but then a clergy came and healed her up, but Emily didn't want the clergy to heal the cut: do you know why?" The little girl shook her head no, looking at Emily with amazement. "Because Emily knew that despite the cut, she was still the most beautiful girl, and that anyone who didn't see it was just as evil as her stepmother," he said. It was sort of a roundabout way of him telling her that he thought she was beautiful.
Molly looked at Emily with stars in her eyes. "Are you a pwrincess?" She asked and Phineas budded in. "Shh!" He said, placing a hand over the little girls lips. "You can't tell anyone, not before she has defeated her evil stepmother can she reclaim her throne," he said rather dramatically, but the little girl nodded, quite determined on keeping in a secret. "Alright, let's wrap you up," he chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Clergy and a Ghoul   The Clergy and a Ghoul Empty

Back to top Go down

The Clergy and a Ghoul
Page 1 of 1