Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Zaira

Zaira

Full name : Emanuele Zaira Rojas

New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 11:18 pm

Zaira already despised the man, but what the hell, she could speak her mind freely now it seemed. Taking a sip of water, she placed the glass down as she considered the question. "Why should I care about them when he didn't?" she just asked, taking another bite of the food, chewing as she felt Kurtis let go of her hand. "Kurtis, it's quite alright," she smiled at the lycan she had fallen so hard for, then her attention turned back on Lucius.
"Clearly it has led us to where we are now, so should I truly worry about his past when I want to be a part of his future?" she retaliated. Surely she must've sounded too wise for her age, but it was all because of her mother. She could always rely on help from her, and right now she had to show just how grown she could be. "The fact that I have him in my life has made it so much better," reaching over, placing a hand on his, giving it a squeeze as she looked at the lycan with happy eyes. "And every day I get to see him instantly turns my frown upside down."
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

Full name : Kurtis Trevino

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 11:39 pm

Her question surprised the old Trevino but he didnt quite let it show. She said it was fine but Kurtis didnt quite think so. Her retaliation made Lucius scoff as he leaned back a little but keeping his posture in tact. “You cant honestly believe that that just because you’re the first girl that has kept him in check, another cant just come on in any minute?” He asked, but Zaira spoke of their happiness. Alexis was starting to look a little angry too. “Young love rarely lasts.” - “Lucius!” - “Shut it and tell me I’m wrong.” He said quite coldly to Alexis before he looked to Kurtis and Zaira. Kurtis just got up, grabbing Zaira’s hands. “We’re leaving.” He said, Lucius frowning as Kurtis didnt often back on down like that. “You can be a dick to me all you want, but dont you talk shit to my girlfriend.” He hissed before he looked to Zaira, nodding for her to follow. “Sit back down.” Lucius demanded.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 11:49 pm

"And you can't honestly believe that I haven't thought about that fact," she bit back. The situation was getting heated, and it seemed like even Alexis was getting upset now. Couldn't that woman stand up to her own husband? Was she just going to take him talking to her like that? Kurtis got up, pulling her with him, but she waited for a second. "Kurtis, it's okay," she said to the lycan, still holding his hand, though she could feel how eager he was to leave. She turned her attention back on Lucius, frowning as she looked the man up and down. "Even if young love doesn't last, it's still worth it ... Every experience we get makes us smarter and more capable, and isn't that what youth is about? Take a wrong turn, find another way home, make a mistake and learn from it all?" she asked. She wasn't backing down. She gave Kurtis' hand a squeeze, sending him a smile, "I love him, and that's damn well enough for me," she chuckled before following Kurtis out the door.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 12:11 am

They got up to leave and Lucius was angry for a bit before he started chuckling, making Kurtis stop and Alexis look to her husband in confusion. Kurtis didnt understand. What was so damn funny? “It’s always cute to hear young girls and their ideas of love. When in reality it’s not all fairytales and magic.” He chuckled. Kurtis let go of Zaira’s hand and walked up to his father that also stood up. But before the lycan could do anything, his father reached out and grabbed him by the jaw, pressing on the bruise on his jaw that made Kurtis grit his teeth in pain. “I behaved nicely for your sake but if she’s your girlfriend then she might as well be indulged in how things work around this house. Wouldnt you agree, Zaira?” He said, holding onto Kurtis as if he was some hostage. “Go sit down again.” - “Lucius dont do this.” - “Either shut your mouth or leave the room, woman.” He spat at his wife that frowned and grabbed her wine glass and the bottle before leaving the room in anger. “Zaira?” Lucius asked, going back to his request or rather demand.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 12:18 am

Gritting her teeth she opened her mouth to say something, but it seemed as though Kurtis got to react before that. However he only ended up getting grabbed by his father, and she knew very well that the bruise on his skin was more delicate and hurt a lot. Alexis tried to come for their defense before she retreated. Coward, she thought to herself. Lucius' demand made her look rather defiantly, but she ended up sitting down. Her eyes were only on Kurtis. This was her fault, wasn't it? He was hurting just because she couldn't keep her nose out of this and keep her mouth shut.
"I never understood the idea of hurting others for your own gain," she said calmly, though her eyes were fixated on Kurtis. "Let him go now, please," she said returning to her polite voice.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 12:34 am

She sat down but he wasnt quite letting go of Kurtis just then, actually he pressed harder on the bruise, making Kurtis squirm a little as he tried to wiggle out of his father’s grip. “You have probably been raised well then. I guess my fault was absence when Kurtis needed a strong father figure to keep him in place. Now we’re here with an unruly brat who has suddenly decided to clean his act up and for what? A young girl?” He said, even though his words were pure venom, he somehow kept his calm. He shoved the lycan back by the grip he had held on his face before he ran a hand through his hair as a few strands had fallen down over his forehead. “When I was your age, I worked to feed my family and here you have a golden spoon up your ass and somehow still manage to take it all for granted.” He remarked, grabbing his phone to make a call. Shortly after the butler appeared with two other servants and one maid. “Yes sir?” He asked, Lucius gesturing to Kurtis. “Help him back up.” He said, before eyeing the maid that went to Zaira, mostly to make sure she remained seated. Kurtis demeanor seemingly changed as the butler got closer to him, looking more like a frightened animal than anything else. The butler however calmly approached him faster than he could try to crawl away, smiling rather gently as he got to him. “Sorry young Sir.” He said sincerely before he firmly stomped on Kurtis’ ankle, making the young lycan squeal in pain as he definitely felt something pop that shouldnt. The maid grabbed onto Zaira, Lucius sideyeing her like he wanted to see her reaction.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 12:43 am

Zaira barely heard what Lucius said to her, her eyes glued on the lycan that now got thrown to the ground, twitching as she looked at him. He looked like a scared kid, and she felt her eyes water. Then the call was made, the butler and maid entering and as the foot made contact with Kurtis' ankle she got up on her feet before getting pushed back down in her seat. "Stop," she said, getting up once more before the maid had to restrain her. What the fuck kind of crazy was this? "Stop hurting him!" she yelled at the butler before looking at Lucius. Wasn't it enough punishment to have such a cruel father? It was if you asked her. "He doesn't deserve this, stop it!"
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 12:55 am

“What do you know about what bratty children deserve? You’re one yourself.” He remarked, nodding to the maid as to keep Zaira in place and the maid wasnt exactly light built, as if that was on purpose. Kurtis was gasping for air as he felt the pain pulsate in his foot. There was no way he could get up. “Back on your feet my boy.” Lucius commanded. Kurtis teeth was trembling and he knew what he had to do, though it probably wouldnt be pleasant. But since Zaira was here, he wasnt planning on being too defiant and make things even more embarassing. It was already enough that he felt the tears run down his cheeks. He got up with strain, wimpering as he stood on his foot that felt broken. “Oh, you’re actually obeying for once. Maybe it is good that you have a girlfriend here to keep you in check.” Lucius chuckled, before he got up and went to face his son. “Look at me.” He ordered, the lycan looking up with teary eyes of pure anger. “You live under my roof so you obey my rules. If I tell you to jump, you’ll do exactly that. Even if your foot is bent the wrong way.” He said, lifting his foot to push at Kurtis’ wounded one, the lycan crying in pain. “Got it?” He asked, Kurtis nodding. “No, say it.” - “Yes, I got it.” And with that Lucius looked towards Zaira. “All you’ve seen tonight is Kurtis having a small fit, nothing more. He fell and tripped over his own legs. Do you agree?” He asked her, lifting his foot towards Kurtis’ as a warning.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 1:06 am

Zaira felt her eyes water as she watched this unfold. Fucking sickos. And the help went along with it? She was furious, fighting to get up but the maid just grabbed harder around her collarbone pressing her down in to the seat. Seeing Kurtis get forced up on his feet, knowing full well that the foot he was standing on was most likely broken made it that much harder to watch. But she did, knowing that looking away might result in something far worse. This was fucked up. This was torture, and this rich bastard thought he could just get away with it?
Do you agree? His words were ringing in her ears as she looked to Lucius, nodding, "yes," she said, her voice shaking her body tensing in pain. "I agree," her voice bitter and filled with hurt, but what could she do in this psycho's own home? She couldn't even scream. A burning was starting to happen where the maid was holding on to her, feeling the nails in her skin was far from nice, and she winced, but the maid just smiled at her like some deranged woman that loved hurting others. Maybe it did take a certain type of sadist to take a job from this mad man.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 1:10 am

“No. Say it.” Lucius demanded, pressing his foot lightly onto Kurtis’. He wasnt really playing any games here and he wanted to know that she understood her part in this. “Leave her out of it.” Kurtis said through gritted teeth in pain, but Lucius just glanced at him. “You were the one that wanted to show off your girlfriend. I’m welcoming her to the family.” He said, to then look back at Zaira. He still wanted to hear her repeat his words, even if he had to beat it out through Kurtis.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 1:14 am

"I agree, just stop hurting him!" she begged, her cheeks filled with tears and her makeup ruined. But that was the least of her worries. She knew what she was now, and what his father had done. He had made her the abuser. Complicit in this violence and accepted it as it was, because if she wouldn't Kurtis would hurt more and more. She wanted it to stop, wanted it all to stop. "Please, sir, please," she cried, seeing Kurtis like this was worse than she had imagined. And she felt so guilty. All of this was her fault. If she hadn't said anything, he wouldn't have taken this beating right now.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 1:30 am

Her beg somehow made the senior smile as he at least knew that they now where on the same page. She wouldnt go around telling people what she had seen and everything would be the same. Or would it now that she was in the picture too? “Okay, enough.” Lucius said, the maid letting go of Zaira and the butler lifting up Kurtis. Without saying a thing he took the lycan to the kitchen, placing him on the table before fetching a medkit. Alexis came out as well, looking at his foot before him. She went to him and touched his knee carefully, feeling the skin against her hand. “You are hurting so much my sweet baby.” She said all motherly, placing down her glass before pulling him in to hold him close. Kurtis however just started trembling though he didnt resist. It was like he wasnt really up for pissing off another parent. Lucius took his glass and went to a nearby bar, fixing up a drink. “Welcome to the Trevino family, Miss Rojas.” He said, if Zaira had gone then to himself.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 1:35 am

When she was finally let go, she sat frozen for a while before she got up from the chair. She didn't care anymore, she hated his family, hated what they did to him. Walking out in to the kitchen she pushed past the staff until she saw him on the kitchen counter. Her cheeks still filled with tears as she looked at him. The guilt was so clear in her eyes, but still she approached him, ignoring his mother and the butler. "Kurtis," she whispered, her body shivering, her collarbone bruised as she just stared at the lycan. She felt so cold, like she had been outside during this whole dinner. Would he even want her close ever again? Could he even look at her without hating her now?
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 1:47 am

Alexis let go of her son as the human entered, stepping back to let them have some space. The butler was taking off the lycan’s shoe to see how the foot was looking. Though it seemed lucky enough that the shoe had kept his foot in place. Kurtis just looked down feeling his jaw tense, even if he felt it where the bruise sat nicely, fully showing now that his father had grabbed him by the face. The butler grabbed the lycan’s foot and started to move it around a little carefully, though it made Kurtis squirm in pain. “I think it may be broken young sir.” He remarked. “Good fucking job.” He sobbed from the pain, lifting his hand to rub the tears off of his cheeks. He didnt want to ignore Zaira, but it was an attempt to at least keep some of his pride, even if it was probably completely gone at this point. “You’re hurt.” Alexis said as she looked at the girl’s shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 1:53 am

She came closer, mostly because he didn't send her away, walking to him she just looked at him, unsure of what she could even do. That was when Alexis opened her mouth and if looks could kill, then Zaira would've murdered his mother on the spot. "Don't touch me," she said in an almost empty voice before she looked to Kurtis again. She lifted her hands to cup his face, hoping that she could make him distracted long enough for the foot to be put in to place and checked up. "Hey ... Just look at me," she said, letting her thumbs rub his cheeks slightly. She felt like shit, but it was at least better than the pain in his foot, or so she hoped.
The butler put the foot back, and she heard that familiar pop, barely looking at the foot as the butler wrapped it up. Her eyes were pained, but all that mattered was him. Nothing had ever mattered more than him. "Come with me home," she pleaded with the lycan.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 2:01 am

She touched him and he could feel the pain she had from what she saw. Sure it wasnt the same as the pulsating pain he felt in his foot but it fucked with his head to know that this was how she felt after what she had seen. He hadnt even gotten beaten up as bad as he could have. His foot was set back and it was quite sore and hurting still even as it was wrapped up. He felt sick with himself because he had allowed her to come along and witness the disaster. And her plea seemed like pushing the problem. He just couldnt do that to her. He was quiet for a bit, considering his words carefully but there was no easy way around it. It would hurt regardless and he wished that her hand hadnt been on his face, but on the other hand he also just felt so deserving of what his words could do to her. “We should break up.”
Back to top Go down
Zaira

Zaira

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 2:10 am

She wanted to be there for him, wanted to help him and make amends to what she had caused. But then he said something that just made her whole body shut down. Numb. She couldn't feel his heat anymore, she couldn't even feel her own emotions. "O-okay," she said, clearly her mind trying to protect her from a complete meltdown. Was this what he really wanted? He wanted to push her away? But then again, she couldn't see why he wouldn't want her out of his life. She was nothing but trouble, good for nothing and her family clearly would never live up to the standards that his father had set. "If that's what you want," she said, removing her hands.
She couldn't even give a proper reaction, all she could do was walk. Out and away from the house, just away and as far away that she wouldn't burden the lycan she cared for. Her eyes were stinging and her skin burning from the cold as she finally reached her home. That was when she noticed her mother being home, but she couldn't even smile. She could do nothing but lay down on the couch. Her mother kept asking her what was going on, what had happened and why she was so cold. But Zaira couldn't speak. Nothing felt real anymore. She hated herself, pulling a blanket over her as she shivered, hiding away in shame and pain. Her head was spinning, and she just wanted to sleep - only she wasn't sure when she even fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
Kurtis

Kurtis

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 2:19 am

It was hurting him too, fuck how it was breaking his heart and yet he tried his best to remain calm, though any kind of reaction may have seemed like something caused by his wounded foot. He forced himself to look at her, feeling his teeth rustle as his whole body shivered. It was enough with this madness. She didnt deserve some abused piece of shit that had exposed her to his shitty family. Who the fuck did he think he was? Damiano’s words rung in his head again. He wasnt going to be that person and use the only good person he had fallen in love with. She pulled away and he waited for her to be gone before he began crying. It must have been the third or fourth time in his life that he had actually cried. Alexis walked over to his side, touching his face, removing his tears. “It’s okay. Let it hurt.” She told him, smiling gently at her son. “I want to die.” Kurtis flat out sobbed, Alexis shaking her head. “You dont mean that. It is just because you loved her so much and it really hurts to let someone go. Come, let’s get you in bed.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]   New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw] - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

New year, new me? Or whatever they say. [cw]
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13