Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

A year later [AU]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Kit

Kit

Full name : Christopher "Kit" Ellis

A year later [AU] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2022 10:28 am

Vinnie chuckled, holding the toy a little firmer, closing his eyes. It seemed that this year apart had been rough on both of them, but who was to blame? Was it Gaspar for running out or was it Vinnie for not being able to follow him? "I'm sorry," he said, his voice trembling as he felt the guilt rush over him. He felt like everything was his fault. He had been the reason why Gaspar had had to struggle outside and use his body to survive, and he felt horrible even thinking about it. "I wish ... I wish I could've done more," he was whispering now, his voice breaking as tears started to form under his lids, shivering slightly, and yet he didn't feel like he deserved to be pitied. His life had been a breeze compared to what Gaspar had gone through.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

Full name : Gaspar
Quote : Meow ∩(・ω・)∩

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2022 11:59 am

There was a lot of what-ifs already but Gaspar had spent far too long wondering about those to even pay attention to them at this point. The past was just the past. No more or no less. Vinnie apologized but Gaspar shook his head lightly. No apologies. It wasnt like he blamed the seraph anyway; he really didnt. Vinnie’s whisper made him frown, reaching over to touch his hand that held the toy, feeling his skin for a bit before snatching the toy from his hand. “Many things you did for me when I was here. Many things make me grateful.” He said, squeezing the toy between his fingers. “Not responsbility.” He reminded him. "You are good man. Dont cry for cat." he chuckled, now visibly taking an interest in the toy he had barely been looking at before. It was just somehow so fascinating, how it was made and how it felt.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 6:44 pm

Vinnie sighed, rubbing his eyes as Gaspar took the toy, leaning back in his seat as he tried to take some deep calming breaths. He had felt so worried and yet he hadn't been able to do much. He turned his head to look up at the ceiling, listening to the small sound of the bell in the toy making a sound now and again. He had missed him quite a lot. Even if he had mostly known him as a cat, it was still such an empty apartment to come home to. "Do you have a place to stay?" he asked, wanting to know if he had to prepare someplace for the cat turned human to sleep. "Or rather, would you like some place to stay?" he was offering him to be his roommate in a sense, and it wasn't something Vinnie just offered to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 8:04 pm

The question made Gaspar hum as he looked at the toy. "For emergencies, yes." he replied, before he eyed the seraph. What followed made the brunette cat turned human lift his eyebrows, but first when he realized that it was an actual offer. He looked ahead, a bit of a distraught expression on his face. He was clearly considering it but there also seemed to be something that was scaring him as well in his thoughts. "Is a very kind offer." he said with a faint smile but his lip also trembled a bit. "I am not in good place. You find better than someone like me." he said, shaking his head a little before he sighed. "No is not a good idea." he emphasized.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 8:25 pm

He wasn't in a good place and now didn't want handouts. Was it pride? He wasn't sure, just hummed as he nodded, "yeah, yeah, sorry ... Didn't mean to sound demanding," he said with a faint chuckle. He was really useless, wasn't he? Verity had let him wander too far off the path he had been given, and now he was stuck in a place where he couldn't even help the one person that seemed to really need it. "Just know that you're always welcome here, alright," he said, wanting him to know that he didn't mind him staying. In fact, Vinnie felt quite lonely. His relationships were rocky and he felt useless. Having really hit a low point himself he didn't really know what to do. "And I guess you could do way better than me too, so ... yeah," looking down to his thumbs that were twiddling.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 8:49 pm

The seraph apologized but Gaspar didnt understand why. Demanding? He hadnt been demanding. He wanted to correct him but at the same time it would just ruin the mood further, or so he feared. The reminder that he was always welcome made him hum and nod, smiling faintly. “Thanks.” He muttered, realizing he was still holding onto the toy. He placed it down on the couch between them, hearing the seraph say he could do better too. That made Gaspar frown. “Makes no sense. Who? Who is better?” He just asked directly. No, he refused to believe that there was someone better than the seraph. The only one who was just as good was dead. “Look at me. I dont speak good, I am cat living of my body to eat. No one can be good for me, I dont deserve.” He said, maybe a little harsh in tone but there was no beating around the bush.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 8:57 pm

"What makes you think you don't deserve to be treated good?" he asked instead of replying to the other question. He didn't know who would be better, but there was bound to be someone out there with more resources or a greater understanding of what Gaspar was going through. "I only got to spend a little time with you and yet you stuck in my mind, in my prayers ... I don't believe that you don't deserve kindness," Verity taught love and kindness. She taught the seraphs to be gentle creatures that helped those in need. He looked at the toy, seeing it was placed so neatly between them. Maybe they should just stop focusing on what was different about them and instead turn their eyes to what they had in common.
"I mean ... You like my cooking ... And we both like salmon ... We look roughly the same age as well and I miss having someone around to talk to," just mentioning a few things that would make Gaspar see that Vinnie liked having him around. "Besides that, I don't know, I think it would be fun to get to know you, hear about the good things you've seen and maybe discuss the bad too."
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 9:06 pm

The question silenced him with his brows furrowed as he looked away. It was a good question. What made him think that way? Or rather who? But Gaspar didnt want to think about that now. Vinnie spoke of himself and it made Gaspar look a little sad. He should’ve never left when he did. Maybe life would’ve been better.
There was nothing but silence from the cat turned human. Vinnie began pointing out the things that they had in common instead. Gaspar listened, staring a little at the wall. “Lots of people miss someone.” He muttered. But it was true. He had met many men and women who was looking for someone they lost. “I want to know too.” He said, not looking at Vinnie. “I stay tonight. We see tomorrow.” He then said, wondering if that would sootghe the seraph’s loneliness.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 9:45 pm

"If you don't want to stay you don't have to," he said, making that quite clear already, but he also knew what it was like to be a people pleaser. He had worked himself to the bone and was still not feeling accomplished in anything. He got up, grabbing his packet of cigarettes, nodding towards the window. He moved over, sitting down in the sill, pulling out a cigarette that he placed between his lips, lighting it as he opened a window to the outside world. Of course he offered one to Gaspar as well, having seen him smoke in the cemetery. "I'm not saying I got it bad, no, I guess I'm quite lucky; Got a roof over my head and food in my stomach," he wasn't trying to get pity. No, that would be worse. He guess he hoped that Gaspar could make some sense of the year that had passed. "When you left here ... What happened then?"
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 10:38 pm

"I know." he said, leaning back a little to look up at the ceiling. His eyes moved when the seraph got up and he remained for a bit as he went to sit on the windowsill. He got up after a bit to come over as well, grabbing a cigarette as it was offered. He listened, grabbing the lighter from the seraph if he wasnt using it, lighting the cigarette. He sucked lightly on the bud, when Vinnie asked about what had happened after he left, he waited till he had to exhale the smoke again. "Lost for days." he said before he went on to tell the seraph how he had to resort to stealing food which almost didnt end well when he was almost caught by some independent store owner with a bat. He scoffed and looked down, a small smile over his lips. "I met girl again." he then said. That was probably the highlight of it all. That he had gotten to meet her, though she had had no idea who he was. But that was also about the good stuff. His expression darkened and he was quiet for a bit. "I am tired now no more talk of the past."
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 11:41 am

He listened, just hearing about his adventures outside of the apartment. There were some parts that felt harder to listen to, but he wouldn't shy away from listening. No, he wanted Gaspar to know that this was a place where he could talk and tell everything if he so wanted. The mention of the girl was still a sore topic, so the cat turned human seemed to return to being quiet. "How about talking about the present then?" he suggested, but if he wanted some quiet time, he wouldn't blame him for that either. "Like, do you have anything you wanna do? Something to ask me maybe?" Vinnie had thought about his a lot, worrying and feeling sad just thinking about how he had just let him run out. Safe to say, the seraph was very hung up on that part. Guilt was something that never really let go of him once it had taken it's hold.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 12:17 pm

The present? Gaspar thought about it. There wasnt really much to say. Or maybe there was and he just didnt know where to start. “Present more simple. But not good.” He said before he rather loosely explained how he was caught up in something that was also partly why he couldnt stick around all the time. “If I do not do as they say. They will send me to place I dont know.” He said, but then he remembered that Vinnie wanted to know if there were any questions for him. He rubbed his lower lip slightly before he asked; “What make you care for me? I dont understand.”
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 1:02 pm

"So these people are keeping control over you?" he asked, trying to make sense of it all. He wasn't sure he liked what he heard Gaspar speaking about, but he would listen regardless. Then came time for the questions and he had maybe thought there would be something else he wanted to know. But the question that was asked also made a lot of sense. Vinnie chuckled, shrugging a little, "I don't know how much you know about seraphs, but some of us want to help others ... It's almost like in our blood, like we can't really ignore if someone is in need or in pain," it was both a blessing and a curse in many ways. "I've always been a people pleaser, wanting to help where I could and never really cared much for myself," he elaborated before looking to Gaspar. "I don't know, I guess I projected a lot of my loneliness on to you when you were a cat ... And when you suddenly were a human I guess I worried that you would dislike me, that maybe I wasn't as good and kind as I thought I was," he was getting off topic, shaking his head a little to clear it as he looked down, frowning to himself. "I care about you because that's what I do; I care a lot about everything and everyone, even if nobody bats an eye at me," he chuckled, but there was a sadness to what he was saying that he couldn't really shake. He had been used so many times, wanting to please and make other people feel good. But he also felt like it was why he was here on this planet, it was to help others, even if they were using him. "And I guess when you came on to me I got scared because I saw myself in that."
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 1:30 pm

“Kind of.” He replied, looking at the cigarette he was forgetting to smoke. He moved the bud to his lips, making sure to keep the smoke out of the apartment, though it wasnt always as easy smoking by a window. Gaspar knew nothing of the creatures in this world, well he had come to know daemons and vampyres and hiw everyone was somehow different. He had just thought that Vinnie was a very kind guy, not that being a certain race was also an imoortant factor. But he listened and nodded, looking at the seraph, foegetting all about the cigarette again.
And when he remembered holding it, it had already burned out. No one batted an eye at him? Did he mean that or was it some sort of figurative speech? Gaspar knew that people werent always speaking in an actual sense but he had a heard time distinguishing what was what. “Me sorry. For doing that to you.” He said in a serious tone. He hadnt been tryung to make the situation uncomfortable for the seraph then, no he had actually come to think that that was all people wanted nowadays. “You are nice. And funny. I dont remember lots, but I only had good time here as cat. It at least only make me happy to think back. So it had to be good.” He said, smiling a bit as he looked at Vinnie. No, the seraph was quite alright. He put down the cigarette where ever it had to go before he stretched tiredly. “Where sleep?”
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 2:08 pm

Vinnie's own cigarette had burnt out as well, forgetting to smoke it as he spoke. He was a bit shaken still from how Gaspar had so casually offered himself. It wasn't like he wasn't attractive, but it had felt wrong, and Vinnie had grown to not be selfish and just do as he felt was right, letting Verity guide him. Although he felt right now he had been lead astray when looking at the poor guy and hearing what he had gone through. However as the cat turned human pointed out, he remembered their times together quite fondly, so maybe he had at least done something right.
He dumped the cigarette in an old ashtray, walking over to his bed, "You look like you need the sleep ... I'll take the couch this time around," he said, grabbing one of the pillows and a blanket that he kept near the bed as well. Simply dumping it on the couch he then rubbed his face a little. He felt like he was so smelly from work, reeking rather horribly. "I'm taking a shower, but you can just head to bed if you want to - I'll try and be quiet," he said, his lips pulling up in a friendly yet tired smile.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 2:51 pm

Gaspar was ready to just fall over and fall asleep so he really just needed a pointer to where. “You can sleep in bed too. Is no big deal.” He said with a shrug. He could share, even if the space for it would be scarce. He had slept worse places so he wasnt so picky. He hummed at the seraph’s words about having a shower before he went to sleep. “Okay.” He muttered, just walking over to the bed, running a hand over it to feel the softness and then he pretty much just let himself fall down on it, sighing as he felt comfortable quite quickly. “Good nights.” He muttered, before he curled up a little, not even bothering with taking off his clothes before he drifted off into sleep.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 4:27 pm

He sighed, sending the guy a small smile before he grabbed some clean clothes and his towel. He went out to the bathroom, undressing and turning on the water, letting it run until it was warm.
He didn't spend much time there, just wanting to get it over with, his hair needing to get cleaned off from the smell of hotdogs. Sometimes he swore his eyes needed fixing because of the fluorescent lights he worked under. After the shower he popped on his glasses. He hated wearing them, but his vision seemed to only get worse. When he was done, he went out in to the apartment, just wearing his clean set of underwear, a towel over his shoulders to catch the droplets dripping from his hair.
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

Full name : Mickey Angela Lewis
Quote : I'll show you crazy!

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 5:10 pm

[Messages between Mickey and Vinnie]
[Mickey:] Are you up?

She sat on her windowsill, overlooking the city, a cigarette in the side of her mouth. She knew she had been kind of mean to him the last time they spoke so she wanted to make up for her shitty behaviour. Only that she had actually been doing well. No drugs or excessive drinking. She even got around to finish some passion projects she thought she never would. But she was still a bitch through and through; and mean at times.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 5:30 pm

His phone lit up and he moved over to sit down on the couch, flicking the screen with his finger to unlock it, seeing the message from the last person he had expected to see any sort of communication from.

[Vinnie:] I am, are you alright?

She usually only wrote like this if she needed help.
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 5:41 pm

[Mickey:] Yeah. I am.
[Mickey:] Actually…
[Mickey:] I just kind of wanted to return some of the stuff you didnt let me have but I took anyway.

She looked over at the box she was talking about. Of course everything wasnt there, some things she had sold or just simply lost. She wasnt exactly proud of it but it was also a step closer to becoming that better person she wanted to be, at least some expert had told her that, so she felt like she had to. She looked at her phone again, smoking her cigarette.

[Mickey:] I’ve been a really shit friend to you.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 5:50 pm

Reading the messages that ticked in made him sigh, wanting to just shut off his phone for a while and get it all away for a while. But he had already opened the messages, and he was not the type to just leave people on seen.

[Vinnie:] Whatever you have you can keep, I don't mind

Again with being the people pleaser he was. He couldn't bring himself to demand anything, not even as the pseudo apology ticked in.

[Vinnoe:] You did what you did to survive, I can't fault you for that

Was he really just this low that he would let anything and everything just walk right over him. A message ticked in from the guy he was seeing. It was a booty call, he just knew from the way that everything was phrased, but he felt so tired. He wanted to cry. Wanted to let all the emotions out. But he didn't, just staring at the message, weighing out his own wants and needs in comparison to someone else.
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 5:58 pm

[Mickey:] No, I should give it back. It’s not right.

She at least wouldnt take his no for an answer. She snuffed out her cigarette and let it fall from the window, watching it roll down the roof into the gutter. His answer made her shake her head. It just seemed like a textbook answer, but it wasnt like she had been better.

[Mickey:] I’ll drop by tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 5:59 pm

Gaspar moved in his sleep, stretching lightly and letting out a soft moan of comfort. He was quite content with sleeping on the bed, though he could feel his pants gnaw into his hip. It at least annoyed him enough to have him open his tired eyes for a moment. He looked around before looking at Vinnie. “Come sleep.” He said in a sleepy tone, patting the space next to him.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 6:06 pm

Vinnie sighed, reading the last few messages that popped on screen. Then the cat turned human spoke, and he got up from the couch. He didn't care anymore, laying down on the bed next to Gaspar, closing his eyes and trying to ignore the conflicting emotions in his body and get some rest.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 6:14 pm

Gaspar did wait a bit to see what the seraph would do, or at least until he had undone his pants to not have them gnaw at his skin so tightly. He hummed softly, turning onto his back before he fell back asleep. He didnt wake up till early morning, sitting up to realize he had turned completely in his sleep. He rubbed his eyes a bit and sighed. It had to be really early from the way the light was coming up, but Gaspar still couldnt tell the time. No one had really bothered to teach him, but he also felt like he didnt have the biggest need for it. He glanced towards the seraph, grabbing the blanket and dropping it over him so he wouldnt be cold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A year later [AU]   A year later [AU] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A year later [AU]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next