Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

The everyday monsters in our lives

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next
Cesare

Cesare

Full name : Cesare Leone

The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 2:19 pm

The next day it was pretty quiet from Sadie's room. It was clear they were just taking some time coming to terms with what their sire had decided. Martin had to get going eventually, having something to do for the clan, and Sadie just felt like being left alone.

Joanna was on the other hand a bit excited to see Joe again. She knew that he could be a little flaky, but she blamed it on his job and that things could just happen suddenly. She clearly wasn't angry as she prepared a few snacks and some drinks for when he came over. Maybe tonight was the night. Maybe they would finally find a word to describe what they were to one another. Joanna was clearly very much enamored with the other human, finding everything about him so good for her. He had a stable income, he was goal oriented. And on top of that he had a good personality and very good looks. Was it truly that strange that she had fallen for him?
She gussied herself up a little, wanting to look her best for him. He seemed to like it when she did something with her appearance, and it made her feel seen and wanted. Not that her natural beauty wasn't appealing, but maybe it was just something about having long eyelashes that he liked? She put on a nice dress as well, a nice orange color that suited her skin tone and hair color. When the knock on the door finally came, she went out to greet him, smiling as she opened the door. "Hi there handsome," she said, letting him into her apartment. He did look a little bit tired, but if he had been working late last night she wouldn't hold it against him. "Had a rough night?" she asked gently, helping him out of his jacket if he needed it, otherwise she would just head into the living room. She certainly knew how to cozy a place up, and she had gotten a lot of her interior decoration set up since meeting him. "You wanted to talk?" Might as well break the ice, moving over to sit on the couch, patting the seat next to her.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Full name : Benjamin Joe Harris
Quote : "There is not a lot of things that scare me. And my fuse is also short. That's a pretty bad cocktail for a night out when some loudmouth starts spewing shit"

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 3:27 pm

He wasnt really looking forward to it at all. He felt like a piece of shit and he probably was by all means. He had led her on all this time and he knew it but he also had initially thought that he could just get away with it. Mostly because he had thought that it was the end of him and Cesare. And even if he felt so uncertain about them now, he couldnt keep doing this to Joanna.
He arrived at her apartment, only managing a half smile at her greeting, though it didnt reach his eyes. He had never been the one to fake his emotions. Only the whole relationship they were supposed to start. He moved inside but kept his jacket on. “Yeah. It was.” He admitted with a sigh, fiddling a little with his fingers, not really being as attentive and present as he usually was. 
He hummed at the question and moved over to sit next to her, needing a moment where he just looked at his hands that he folded together, watching the bone underneath as he moved his thumb. “Uh… I dont think this can work out for me.” He just started off to rip the bandaid off. Might as well. Hell if she yelled at him, he would deserve it. He went on to explain as much as he could without going too deep into tge details. “I think you are the sweetest girl I’ve ever met. But I’m just not someone who deserves that.”
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 3:41 pm

Joanna saw how fidgety he was behaving, and though some might've found it annoying, she actually found it rather cute. He was silent for a while before he dropped a bomb that made her frown in confusion as well as hurt. As he elaborated she just kept on getting hurt until he eventually spoke about how sweet she was. Frankly she wasn't really sure what to believe. Clenching her jaw a little she just looked down to the edge of her nice dress. She felt tears in her eyes because she genuinely felt lead on. "Did it .. mean anything to you?" She asked, because she was trying to understand if she had simply been a way for him to pass his time.
She took a deep breath, wiping her eyes so she wouldn't ruin her makeup too much before looking at him. "I have really fallen for you," she admitted with a soft scoff. She felt silly now. All of those happy feeling were slowly slipping out of her. She got up, wrapping her arms around herself. "I think it's time you leave." She clearly wasn't interested in talking this through. And she wasn't going to forgive him for what he had confessed to. Albeit they weren't in a relationship, they had at least discussed that they were exclusive. He had broken that trust, and she wasn't sure she could handle looking at him.
However if he tried to come near her she would move away fast. "Just fucking leave!" She screamed at him, not even wanting him to touch her. What if he had just touched the one he had been cheating on her with? What if all this time she had just been a stupid placeholder for the other human's fantasy. "Get out! I never want to see you again!" Throwing things at him as she wanted him out and gone.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Quote : "There is not a lot of things that scare me. And my fuse is also short. That's a pretty bad cocktail for a night out when some loudmouth starts spewing shit"

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 3:51 pm

“It uhm… yeah. Otherwise I wouldnt have been here to tell you.” He said, though he did sound rather sad. He didnt like making her sad but he guessed that it would have been inevitable in some regard. It just hadnt ever meant to be them, even if it had been the easy choice. She got upset and rightfully so. The confession made him frown. “I’m sorry.” He muttered, feeling his eyes sting a little.
She said that she wanted him to leave and he did get up but how could he leave her like this? He did want to comfort her and at least even out some of the bad he had done. Only that she wouldnt have it and it only upset her more.
He left when she began throwing things and yell at him, panting lightly as he stood on the street, holding a hand over his heart. It felt so shit. And worst of all did he feel so alone now in it all. He didnt even have Cesare after all this. He called in sick for work and stayed home for a while. He worked out whenever he felt like it, but mostly did he just keep busy with working on a car. Only one night was everything so wrong and broken and unfixable that he grabbed a tire iron and just completely broke the interior of the motorhelm before slamming it shut. He dried his face off with a cloth and put on his jacket before he went out for a walk. He didnt know where to, he just walked.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 4:03 pm

The days passed by, Sadie did her thing, Martin came over once in a while, but nothing seemed to change on that front. Their sire was still figuring things out, and the more they pressed the longer the wait seemed to be. Cesare had enough of this. He didn't want to be tied down to something that he couldn't control yet. He was still figuring the puzzle out, but it was hard without the puzzle pieces. He had gone for a walk after having fed. Usually he would've entertained the donor, but he just left them for a stroll under the moon. He felt on edge, brooding over his problems as he was still trying to make everything go up. It was like a math problem he didn't know how to solve.
He soon enough spotted another man, perhaps in the same predicament as him, but he knew the face. Somehow he found relief in seeing him. The man he loved so dearly. He knew he hadn't been spotted yet, but he walked closer, standing beside him on a small bridge that overlooked a river. "Hello, little mouse," his tone as affectionate as ever, but he just didn't know how to turn it off. This was Benjamin! He couldn't start acting cold after what they had done. After all the need that he felt for him had been truly awakened. "The moon is very pretty tonight," he said, trying to smile a little as that was at least something positive.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 4:20 pm

Joe really didnt know where to go but eventually he ventured into a park. It was quiet, as it probably should at this hour anyway. He stood on the bridge, his elbows on the railing as he looked at his hands. He had oil stains and small cuts all over, some rather fresh from breaking the car. But hey, at least he felt better now right? It wasnt like he was still so frustrated.
He hadnt realized that someone was getting near, because he wasnt even really listening to his senses. He frowned a little as a familiar voice spoke to him, looking in the direction of it. His eyes just filled with hurt as he saw the seafoam green eyes on the man that he could recognize anywhere. “I havent really looked at it.” He shrugged, looking down at the water below. He was fiddling a little with his hands, like he was considering his words but just ended up sighing and shaking his head at himself. “She’s still very upset with you. And so am I.” He muttered.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 4:59 pm

Cesare hummed, "maybe you should once in a while," he just noted, but he wouldn't really dig into it. Right now he was rather just enjoying being near him. It was strange how that worked, wasn't it? Either way he just waited until the human beside him finally spoke, seeing him fiddle with his hands. The mutter hurt a bit, but it wasn't like he was unaware. "As you have every right to be," he just said, moving a hand down to hold those fiddling hands. He didn't care that they were stained by oil, just looking at the small cuts. He hadn't been good to himself. That much he could see, lifting his hand to place a gentle kiss to the inside of his cut palm. A small smudge of oil against his lips now, but he at least wanted to comfort him somewhat. "I'm not giving up on us," he just said, letting him know he was working hard on this. But maybe the human had given up hope?
He sighed, "I've of course broken things off with Diana," frowning a bit at the statement. He knew he hadn't had to do that. He knew that he could've stayed with her and keep up appearances, but he didn't care for her. At least not after seeing her cheat with his own eyes. But then again, was he much different? He thought not. "She didn't take it well .. Ended up listing all of those she had cheated on me with, which gave me a big blow to my pride," he swallowed, gritting his teeth as he looked down, "but I didn't really care about it once I thought it over." Maybe that was cruel to admit, but he hadn't felt like she had really mattered to him in the grand scheme of things, and once her façade was gone, all he really wanted to have Benjamin back in his arms. "Is there anything I could say .. That would make you go for a walk with me?" He just missed his company most of all. Even if he would be silent it was better than being alone.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 5:10 pm

He hummed as he did have a right to be upset, but he wasnt moving his hands away as the vampyre touched him. He rather just looked on as he inspected the torn hands, not knowing what to really do. He could move away but did he want to? Or could he just let it be and be a little selfish? He watched as Cesare kissed his hand to then hear the vampyre make it clear that he wasnt giving up. Joe just frowned at the notion. He hadnt given up either but as long as Sadie was against it, what could he really do? Betray her trust? No. He didnt want to do that.
The mention of Diana made him nod, biting the inside of his lip a little. He just listened and thought, but mostly listened. He had thought that she hadnt just done it once on a whim. It seemed too… natural, when he had seen her with the other guy. So he had thought that she would have had a list. “I broke it off with Joanna. She doesnt want to see me ever again. And I understand it.” He said, just to sort of let the vampyre know, even if he didnt have to.
The question made him furrow his brows a little, looking unsure. “Sadie wouldnt want that.” He said, turning to look at the vampyre. Even if he felt that itch in his fingers did he just stay in place, looking at him with hurt eyes.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 5:20 pm

Hearing that he had broken it off with Joanna too made him feel a bit at ease. Perhaps in the back of the vampyre's mind he had feared that the human would run right back to her. He hummed, signaling that he had heard what he had said. Sadie wouldn't want that. It was a simple reply, but it didn't answer his question. He wanted to reach out and touch him, reassure him that this was only temporary, but it seemed that the human was done waiting. They had waited this long. What was the rush now? Cesare wasn't going away, that was for sure. "She didn't say anything about a walk," he just reminded him with a soft smile. His whole body aching to touch him, pull him close and crinkle up his dirty shirt. But he restrained himself. "Maybe we are just heading the same way?" It was a loophole for sure, and he thought as long as they didn't do anything crazy then Sadie would have nothing to say about it.
He nodded for him to follow, walking casually beside him if he decided to come with. He let his hand rest by the side of his body as he dug into his inner pocket, fetching out a packet of cigarettes. He placed one between his lips, offering him one as well. Cesare had never really been a smoker before now. Lighting up his own he offered the lighter to the human as well. Inhaling softly, he felt the smoke hit him, but nicotine rarely did much. Perhaps a small kick, but nothing more than that. However he did like the feeling. "What car are you working on that is causing you so much trouble?" It was a completely normal question, but he was curious.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 6:06 pm

No she hadnt specifically mentioned that they couldnt go on walks but she had made it clear that the vampyre wouldnt get to be with him. And if she knew about this, how furious would she be? He frowned at the possible loophole, shaking his head. “You are unbelievable.” He sighed in defeat, but still ended up following. He noticed the cigarettes and looked at Cesare with a bit of a frown. “Since when did you start smoking?” He asked, but accepted it. It seemed a little odd. And did vampyres even get anything from it? Not that Joe would know what would or wouldnt work on a vampyre at all.
He took the lighter and lit the cigarette he had gotten, placing it between his lips to walk with his hands in his pocket. He only really lifted his hand to flick ashes at some point. The question about the car made him scoff. “Doesnt matter now. I trashed it. So I’ll have someone pick it up and get rid of it in the morning.” He said, lifting a hand to remove the cigarette from his mouth, holding it between two fingers as they walked. He didnt really look that much at Cesare as they walked. He couldnt bear to. “It was unfixable either way, but I broke some rusty tubes and a couple of other important parts; they dont make those anymore, and I could replace them with something new but that could maybe do more damage than good with the overall condition. It was a shit car but I had had hope.” He said, feeling irritated just talking about it and yet it was nice to get off his chest.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 6:22 pm

"Since I started missing your lips too much," he just said plainly. He knew it wasn't the most optimal thing to do, but Benjamin had always tasted a bit like cigarette smoke when they had kissed. The vampyre wasn't putt off from it, mostly because he just liked his lips, tongue and mouth in general. However this wasn't really a topic he wanted to linger on, as it hurt a bit to admit. Maybe it was strange, but he had just felt the need to mention it. As they walked he puffed on it quite frequently, ending up smoking it rather fast, but that was perhaps because the nicotine only worked for so long. Besides that his lips now more than ever longed to just lean over and get a taste of the real thing.
It was a good idea to just talk about cars. Though from what he was hearing it wasn't going too well with it. Humming softly he nodded, "well I don't know too much about cars," he had to admit. Sure he collected cars, but he sorta collected everything, didn't he? "And you couldn't contact someone who could make a re-creation of those parts? I mean when my old cars broke one of it's spark plugs I got in touch with someone who worked on cataloguing old parts and remaking them." A shot in the dark for him, but could it not be worth it to look into it? At least before he trashed the car. "I mean at this point you've probably spent quite a lot of money on it already, so what's a bit of extra cash if it's going to fix your problem?" He smiled. Though it was up to Benjamin what he wanted to do.
He made a turn as they came to a path, choosing the long walk around the lake as he just wanted an excuse to walk with him a bit more. "Speaking of cars .. I might legitimately need your input," he pondered out loud, but he had also wanted to get this fixed. "I have an old Morris, roughly from the 60s if I recall, and there's a bit of an annoying creaking and resistance with the break pedal," he didn't know if it was anything he knew anything about, but it was worth a shot, right?
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 6:43 pm

The confession caught the human off guard and he simply didnt say anything to it. He had expected another answer, like it just being a bad habit or something else. Joe wasnt too interested in talking about the car he had broken completely. It was pretty much beyond saving after what he had done to it. The suggestion therefore just made him shrug. “Sure it would have been a good idea if I hadnt completely wrecked it.” He said. It just wasnt worth repairing at this point.
He let the vampyre decide the road, hearing the ponder, he glanced at Cesare, a little curious to hear what he needed. Though when the vampyre described it, the human chuckled. “Are you sure you havent just worn it out? It’s an old car.” He asked, thinking that could be a possibility. But he sighed softly. “I’d have to see it to really know. The brake could creak because it has been worn out by just using it. And the other, a hard brake, could be the brake rod itself needing a change I guess.” He said, stopping to look out on the lake as he noticed someyhing. He narrowed his eyes to then chuckle as he realized that it was just a few ducks swimming around not far from them. But it was night? They werent supposed to be out right? He hadnt really realized that he had reached out to stop the vampyre too, holdng onto his sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 6:54 pm

He hummed softly at the suggestions to fixing it. Sure he could just have someone come look at it, but he wasn't sure what to even ask them about. He was certain that if he just told them to fix it, they would make it as if it was brand new. He didn't want that. He wanted the car to still show the life it had lived, though if the breaks were giving out, then perhaps it would be best to have them looked over. "I suppose I couldn't hire a handsome mechanic to do such things?" He asked with a slight charming smile on his lips. He knew that the human would probably turn it down, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
When he was stopped he looked down to see the hand stopping him, a bit confused as he turned to look in the direction that Benjamin was. Seeing the ducks he chuckled softly, but he almost felt like he couldn't move. What he did do was reach up for the human's warm hand, taking it in his own and carefully walking closer to the ducks. He squatted down, looking at the small birds that definitely shouldn't be out at this hour. "I suppose all creatures can have sleepless nights," he pondered, looking up at the human with a soft yet vulnerable smile. Turning his eyes back on the ducks he just watched them swim around, a bit sad that he didn't have anything to offer them.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 7:08 pm

“I’m on tempoary leave for an undefined period.” He said a little dry, though he wouldnt call himself a mechanic. That would be an insult to the ones who had gone through education. But he knew the vampyre had hinted at him by the way he was sounding so charming, as Joe wouldnt see the smile when he was barely looking at him.
He did realize his hand placement when Cesare moved his hand and he felt the cold touch pulling him with the vampyre, closer to the ducks. They began quacking softly and carefully came closer to the squatting vampyre. Joe looked at them, hearing the ponder. “You’re not telling me right now that vampyres have sleepless nights too? Isnt that just every day for you?” He sighed as he looked at the vampyre for a moment, as the ducks went away anyway once they realized no food would be given.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 7:20 pm

He chuckled softly at the question as he shrugged a bit. "I suppose sleep is very different for us vampyres," he nodded, watching the ducks get back in the water, hopefully swimming away to find a place to rest. He just kept looking at the water. "Sleep for you might be a place where your subconscious runs wild; you can have fantastical dreams and frightening nightmares, but once you wake up you know the things happening within are gone." He could only speak from what he had heard over the years, getting back on his feet he just looked out at the water. "We vampyres are doomed to not have that rest .. our brains keep going; our minds ticking with ideas, worries, and all sorts of thoughts that blend together in one big mess," turning he finally looked to the handsome man whom he cared so much for. He just held his hand, not really wanting to let go as he felt that would break the connection they had right now. If this was all he could get, he would want it to the fullest.
"I sometimes wonder what I would dream about if I could sleep," he admitted, just studying the human's face, even if he was avoiding his gaze. It wouldn't stop Cesare from admiring the man he had fallen so hard for. "Perhaps I could dream of a solution to all our troubles .. perhaps I could dream of the memories I have with you," to him that sounded like a wonderful trade for 8 hours of every day, but alas it wasn't meant for vampyres. "The dream world isn't for my kind, and we are never meant to be there -that is why slumbers are so scary for us," he knew that Benjamin maybe wanted to know more, and he would gladly give him all the information he needed. "From what I've heard of the myths it is said that Caemille and the lord of sleep made a bet once, what it was about has been lost to time, but Caemille lost, and she were never to set foot in his realm again," he told the story with a calm and soothing voice. Surely Benjamin knew who the goddess of vampyres were. "That is why we, her creations, are not allowed to sleep," perhaps it was just a myth, but myths always took their roots in reality somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 7:29 pm

He looked to the ducks, listening as the vampyre began explaining the lack of sleep for his kind. Frankly, Joe didnt think he would function if he never got to have his sleep; because how would be start a new day? It seemed that Cesare was living with that struggle in terms of their mind never really getting that disconnect in a proper manner; There probably was ways for short moments. But not like sleep.
It was not hard to feel how he was being looked at. Because he was watching the vampyre from the corner of his eye. The mention of slumber had a quite immediate effect on the human as he squeezed the cold hand like he was checking that they were still touching. The story seemed likely. And yet, Joe had never believed in his own. “But you do sleep when you’ve held me. I know you have.” He argued, as he then wondered what that was if not sleep.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 7:36 pm

"I rest .. it's not like sleep, because I do not dream and my mind does not get a break," he said, reaching out to touch his chin. He couldn't help it, he just had to have the human face him, just once. Once they were face to face he spoke again, even if the human did not look him in the eyes. "But being with you, holding you and keeping you safe in my arms makes me feel like I'm dreaming; just as when I kiss you makes me feel like I have a heartbeat," he explained, but he was unsure if it was something he could truly describe. But he supposed Benjamin just had to take his word for it. Looking at him his thumb caressed the warm lower lip. This was bordering on the loophole they had established earlier, but frankly he found it unfair. He hadn't denied Sadie anything, merely asked her to postpone it.
"But I suppose I dream because you are my dream, and I feel a heartbeat because you have my heart," he smiled softly, clearly not minding that it could be the truth. His lips separated, breathing out in a soft shudder. He was doing everything to not lean in. Not press his lips against those warm and comforting ones. "Do you hate me .. because of what I have done?"
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 7:56 pm

He would have flinched under any other touch than Cesare’s. It was like the cold was more than welcome. The pull on his chin made him frown a little and he looked at the vampyre. Why did his body yearn so much for him already? Even more as the words that Cesare spoke then only made his stomach tingle and tense, while his face frowned. The touch on his lip made him clench his jaw. Why was he torturing them both? “Stop it.” He muttered, trying to look away but if the vampyre still held him could he not exactly retreat. The question made him reach his hand up to grip around his wrist. “I dont hate you. But I hate what you did. Why do you get to decide what they cant or can do? What if someone could do that to us?” He just turned it because to him it didnt make sense. “That is why I want to honor Sadie’s wishes.” He added before he pulled the vampyre’s hand off his chin, as much as it made his heart ache. He understood that the vampyre had made them who they were. That he felt a responsibility to them like a father. And yet Joe didnt really get it after all.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 8:07 pm

"Are we not being held hostage as well?" He asked softly, hating that his hand was being pulled off, the heat lingering on his skin being the only reminder of the touch. He just wanted him. Wanted him so much that it hurt, but not honoring those he had created would not be fair. "Your sister agreed to us being together until I said something she didn't want to hear," he spoke rather rationally. He knew that Benjamin was very stuck on his sister and her happiness, but could he not see that she already found solace in Martin? It wasn't like he had forced the two vampyre lovers apart. In fact he had given them plenty of time together. "What if, down the line, I had proposed to you .. We were getting ready to get married and because I made an order your sister didn't agree with we would've been torn apart at the most impactful moment?" Cesare was good at thinking ahead. Sadie reacting the way she did had made him realize that she held the control over the man he loved. "Would you have let her decide then? Would you have let yourself be pulled back to your apartment as if you were a bargaining chip?" He looked down, feeling so lost in all of this.
"I want you to be with me if that is what you wish .. your sister will allow you to be with me if it's beneficial to her," he took a step away, "I am not asking you to choose, I am not a cruel man to those I love, but I would love if you could try and see it from my point of view." Or perhaps he was just making the human more mad now. It was hard to tell, and he was himself rather upset, not that he showed it. "Do you want me to sign off on their marriage and let my clan hierarchy crumble around me? Because if you command me I will do it. I will do anything for you, but know that if you choose it I might lose my family too."
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 8:31 pm

The question made Joe frown. Of course they were, in the worst way possible, but it was a simple fix in his eyes. He did still listen to the vampyre, though as he began speaking of Sadie like she would ever just use him like that, Joe did feel himself get more and more angry. “She wouldnt do that just because you made her angry.” He argued, not ever imagining Sadie to do something so cruel, even with the Harris temper in her genes. He wasnt sure he liked the notion that Cesare spoke of him like a bargaining chip for his sister. He clenched his jaw and just looked away.
The then questions of whether he wanted the vampyre to just give in made him look at him with a bit of betrayal in his eyes, feeling them well up too. “How exactly are you fighting for me?!” He then just bursted, looking rather heartbroken already. “You’re telling me to doubt my sister and for what? So that I’ll go behind her back to be with you in secret?” He asked, feeling the tears press on as he then shook his head, biting the inside of his mouth till he tasted blood. “You dont think I’m suffering too? Do you think I enjoy being miserable? That I have been sleepless for fun? Do you not think that I too long for what we really should have been doing that morning?!” He had moved closer to the vampyre, pushing him for every sentence, though the shoves got weaker for every push. He felt so lost and defeated.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 8:46 pm

"I'm not telling you to doubt her .. I'm telling you that if she can give her consent and remove it in the same day, then she could just as well do it down the line," he simply stated. Was that totally unreasonable? Or was the human blinded by his sister's actions? The next questions hurt, not because of the pushes, but because he felt like he wasn't being heard here. Did Benjamin really think that he was prolonging this just to torture both of them? The pushes got weaker as he went on, eventually he reached up taking his hands in his own, pulling them to his chest where his heart would've been beating. They were standing close now, and the tall vampyre had to bend his neck to look down to him. "Are you afraid I do not want you because it is taking so long?" He asked. He wanted to get to the bottom of this, and the more the human communicated the easier he could help him.
He looked at him rather seriously, not restraining him, but hearing the sound of the human heart beating ever so lovely. "I only want to be with you." A serious reassurance, but he wasn't fooling around. "I am working to make everyone happy, and yet I am getting blamed for the misery in the meantime; Have I truly become a place of sorrow to you?" He was gently asking questions, mostly to understand, "You think I do not long for the morning that should've been? How I would've held you close, hearing your sweet moans echo the room and forgetting that there ever was a time when we weren't together .. do you not think that every night I wish you were there, warming up our bed, smiling at me tiredly with bliss in your eyes?" If Benjamin thought so, then he wasn't sure what to think anymore. He looked down to their hands. He felt so close to solving all of this, but he just couldn't find an easy solution. That was what took time. That and the normal upkeep with the clan. He couldn't just abandon them when they needed him. "Your sister has not lost her love; I have not forced her away from Martin; I have not cut them off from those they care for," he said in a serious manner. Could he not see that he had not been cruel to ask them to wait?
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 9:09 pm

Joe was not in a place of fair judgement right now with his heart aching like it did now. The vampyre pulled him in and he was too weak to look away, just looking up at him with pleading eyes. To make his heart ache less. He didnt know how to answer the question, looking conflicted about the answer he wouldnt speak. Cesare went on and he looked at him, tears running down his face, his shoulders trembling with the sadness he felt.
His hands grabbed onto the vampyre’s shirt, whimpering softly, because they had missed all that now. He hid his face away in between his own hands clutching onto the vampyre. “Make me feel like I matter to you. I cant keep.. I…” he began heaving for air as he didnt even know what to say so instead he started crying.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 9:18 pm

He saw how pained his love was, and he wished to take all of it away from him. He knew that deep down Benjamin was to some degree still a scared young boy who just longed for someone to love him back. And as he started pleading he shook his head, cupping his face with both of his palms making him look a him. Wiping away a few tears, he even dared to lean in and kiss some of them away. "You do matter to me," he whispered softly. Why else was he accepting of Sadie taking him away? He wasn't looking to hurt Benjamin in this, he only wanted his happiness. But he had asked to feel it, and he leaned down, connecting their lips in a loving kiss, one of longing and need. He didn't kiss him just once, that would be cruel, but he kissed him a fair few times. "How would you see it fit that I prove it to you?" he asked, because he had a lot of ideas, but this wasn't just about his wants. It was about what Benjamin needed from him.
"We can go away for a while together? Hop on my boat, sail around and just be free to be the two of us?" It was clear he would move the mountains if that was what it took. "I can get us a room somewhere? An apartment? A house? Somewhere we can meet whenever you start to doubt how much you mean to me," he kissed him again, sighing softly against his lips, having missed the taste. The cigarettes couldn't even compare to how addictive his lips felt. "I will do anything to show how much you matter to me."
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 9:30 pm

The whisper wouldnt be enough, he needed to feel it like he could feel the air in his lungs that gave him life or food in his stomach to keep him healthy. As if it was just another basic need. Their lips connected and he whimpered against the vampyre’s lips, returning each and every kiss as if it could be the last. The question made him open his eyes to look at the seafoam green eyes that were looking back at him. How? He didnt even know.
Going away felt like too much. This was already enough to make Sadie angry all over again. A room or some place seemed like the better option, though the human were still crying softly as Cesare held his face and made his heart beat like crazy. He didnt even know if he was supposed to feel so much longing and so much hurt at the same time. “Do anything then. Show me.” He pleaded, pulling at the vampyre’s short, needing him closer than they were now.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 9:43 pm

Show him? At a public park? Sure, they could do that, but wouldn't that make the risk of getting caught that much bigger? "Have patience with me, dear one, and come with me," he said, kissing him again before he lifted him up rather easily. He didn't do this often, and it wasn't really looked upon as a romantic way to transport someone, but he could move as fast as a car. "Hold on my love, my life," he told him before they were off. He held around him so that he could run freely but that he would be facing the opposite way of where they were heading. Benjamin would see the world pass by them, swirling into nothingness, but Cesare could see everything crystal clear.
When he finally stopped, the human would be able to hear the ocean, the waves clashing in as he put him down ever so delicately. "Are you alright, little mouse?" he was worried that perhaps he had run too fast, but they had also passed quite the distance in no time. He let him get used to standing still, hopefully the ocean being soothing to him. "When you are ready, turn around .. there you will find our safe place for tonight," he told him, whispering sweetly in his ear. And rightfully so as he would turn around, there not far from the water in an area reserved mostly for vacation homes was a nice tiny one. It was perhaps not bigger than a two room apartment, but they wouldn't be needing much space. Once the human was ready to walk on his own, Cesare guided him to it, the lights turning on by themselves as he pressed a code, one that he told aloud to the man of his dreams if he wanted to come here again.
Inside it was nice and cozy, the dim lights giving it a slight surreal look. "I promised to show you," he said, taking his own shoes off before he started taking his clothes off just for Benjamin to see. He went over, opened the doors that lead down to the beach, the moon really showing how beautiful it was as it lit inside the room. In the middle there was a bed and a few knickknacks, but it was almost untouched. As if it had been bought but never truly moved into. He got out of his shirt, moving on to his pants, and perhaps the human could already see what was hiding beneath. "Do you need help?" he asked, moving closer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

The everyday monsters in our lives
Page 23 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Southern District-
Jump to: