Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
Aiastes

Aiastes

Full name : Aiastes

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 10:06 am

She was silent through it all, and perhaps that was one of the reasons as to why it had felt like it was something they both wanted. And now getting off he was starting to doubt his own intentions. Sure, she had been the one to pull him onto the bed, but she had not consented to his touch. At least not verbally. And yet he had taken it, been selfish and wanting to taste the forbidden fruit. Now that he was outside her bedroom he felt the conflict within him as he went to get properly dressed for the occasion; a simple button down with the cuffs rolled slightly up for a more relaxed look. Or that was at least how much he had gathered with fashion through the years. He went to the entrance, putting on his shoes before he got up at the sound of the bedroom door clicking open.
Waiting for her, he would look at her with soft eyes as she appeared. So filled with life. So beautiful and wonderful. And he hated himself for noticing all of this, but he couldn't help himself in readying her shoes and helping her with getting her jacket off. He looked at her briefly before they were about to leave, and he took the chance. Moving closer, he leaned down to kiss her forehead, pressing his nose into her hair, allowing himself to steal her scent for his own enjoyment. "I do care," he spoke in almost a whisper before he had to lean away, opening the door for her. Once outside he as always offered his arm to her. It was almost second nature at this point, wasn't it? They walked down the street that was now thankfully dry once more. The aftermath of the rain could still be seen on the windows of the shops and the pavement on the streets. "I much prefer the weather after the rain," he then said, looking ahead with his stoic expression, "the air is clean and fresh, and the sun slowly starts to creep forward once more." The small puddled beneath their feet along with the cars passing by created such strange yet lively noises, and perhaps that was what Aiastes liked so much about the waking world; the authenticity.
They weren't walking for too long, but it might prove difficult as time progressed with her swollen belly. Reaching the front door, he looked to her, adjusting a stray hair, his eyes tender for a single moment before hardening up and turning to knock at the door. Of course the door was answered by none other than Mari's father, whom narrowed his eyes, clearly surprised to see both of them, even if it had been agreed that they'd come here. Perhaps he had thought that his daughter had just hired this man. "After you, darling," Aiastes spoke in a gentle voice as the father stepped aside, moving into the house where her mother was sitting ready with tea for them. She had even made small sandwiches and garnished with finely cut fruits. "I suppose make yourself at home," though it was clear the father cared little for manners in this case. He sat down in his usual large chair as Aiastes moved ahead to sit in the couch with Mari.
"So .. has she given you any troubles? Come to drop her back off, hmm?" He mused with his rough voice and even rougher eyes. The years hadn't been kind to Mr. Godfrey, that was for sure. Aiastes hummed, moving his hand down to take Mari's. "On the contrary, it is of my belief that we are starting to find common ground between us," he said which seemed to not amuse the old man. Aiastes turned to look at Mari, his strained smile back, "and your health has improved a lot; you are truly glowing now, dear."
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

Full name : Mari Belle Godfrey

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 5:20 pm

Seeing that he had dressed up too was quite nice. Like they were both suited up for dealing with her nosey yet stern parents. She wasnt from a perfect childhood. It was quite average. And that meant that there were certain issues. Like her father being rather cold and even rude. She kind of had a hard time imagining that he would ever accept Aiastes. And yet, her track record maybe made him the best candidate so far; if you ruled out the pregnancy of course, as far as her parents knew.
She stepped into her shoes and lefted her feet to close them up. It was kind of him to have prepared them. She thanked him softly for helping her with her jacket too. But she couldnt quite get out of her head about what had happened in the bedroom. So when they were about to leave and he came closer to kiss her forehead, it was a pleasant surprise. The whisper made her eyes soften up a little as she looked at him, as he moved back away.
He didnt really offer her room to answer but they were going to be late if they lingered. Outside she accepted his arm, and still sort of walked in her own thoughts. He spoke of the weather and she scoffed softly. “I never thought of it like that before.” She had to admit. When they reached her parents, she began worrying about her hair. What would her mother say? But the habd adjusting a stray hair made her feel a little less stressed. Maybe it wasnt too horrible.
They were let in by her father and once they sat, Mari had her hands in her lap, at least until Aiastes grabbed onto her. Her father definitely mostly spoke before he thought. She didnt really like that about him. “You two do suit each other well. Dont you agree dear?” Mrs. Godfrey asked her husband before smiling at the couple. She sipped her tea before her curiousity had overgrown. “Have you thought of names yet?” She asked, shifting between then. Mari frowned a little, not understanding where her mom had gotten that idea. “We… uh… -havent really decided whether to keep it or put it up for adoption.” She said, not looking at her father, though she probably expected the vocal objection to explode at any second. Her mother didnt look quite satisfied with the answer either.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 6:25 pm

Mr. Godfrey just made a small scowling sound, tilting his head from side to side as his wife asked him a question. He only sought to straighten out this crinkle in his otherwise picture perfect private life. Being a man like him meant that other people's opinions meant something, at least those from outside of the family. He wanted respect and acknowledgement for his achievements no matter the cost. Sipping from his tea he almost choked as Mari declared they hadn't decided on keeping it yet. And while he was still croaking like a frog, Aiastes took the opportunity to help out Mari in this situation, giving her hand a careful squeeze. "Mari is good at doubting herself and the role as a mother is a very tough one - you must know that, Mrs. Godfrey," he said rather elegantly, turning his head to look at the human by his side. It was so clear that he cared for her, at least if you looked in his eyes. Everything else about him was rather stiff. "We've weighed the options, and with my job being so sporadic, it might put more stress on her to raise the child with an absent father," he spoke very concrete facts. That seemed to appease these vultures that Mari was unfortunate enough to call her parents.
"A child cannot grow up properly without its biological parents; that has always been a core value of mine," the old man barked as if it was orders, but the cold gaze that Aiastes sent him made the fool be weary of his next words for the first time in his life. "I would be in favor of you keeping my grandchild," he said as if he was almost civil, "then we might make some good out of your mistakes." Alright, the old fool couldn't quite shut up. But Aiastes hummed and nodded. "But I suppose in this world mistakes are not always the cause of a problem .. a farmer does not blame his crops for not growing properly, rather he assesses his own wrongs, and try to do better." It was clear that Mr. Godfrey did not like even the insinuation that he was a bad father, puffing up his chest as if he had been an angry bird. "Though I suppose some mistakes can turn to happy accidents," he said, looking to Mari once more, "and I intend on supporting you no matter what the decision you might choose is." That was important for him to say.
Mr. Godfrey scowled almost silently, clearly brewing with anger inside, but he had met his match with this Aiastes guy. By the gods he hoped that this man could teach his insolent daughter to be a good member of society as she had clearly failed that from his point of view. "I would expect you name the child one of our family names," he said as if he would ever have a say in it. He looked to his wife, "we took great care in naming you Mari, so you should pick one from the books as well."
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 7:20 pm

Mari’s mother didnt quite know what to say. Sure, Mari hadnt wanted a pregnancy now, but it was well past that at this point. “We are not strangers to working men in this family.” Mrs. Godfrey however protested, even if it at least shed some light on Mari’s dilemma. Mr Godfrey’s bark made his wife nod in agreement. They clearly werent really supportive of the adoption system or giving up children in general. It just wasnt something you did. And they were quite older than the other parents had been when Mari went to school. How many times had she not been teased about her mother being as old as someone’s grandma?
The offhand remark however made the young human look a little annoyed. Why did it always have to be like this? She just couldnt wrap her head around it. Aiastes were habdling then well, but Mari was bubbling with annoyance. And the hormones werent helping either. While the support of her decision was just what she needed to hear, her father was relentlessly pushing her patience. And the mention of names just did it for her. “No! If I choose to keep him, then the last thing I would do would be relating him to this family!” She said rather angrily, surprising her mother, but mostly from the words she spoke. “It’s a boy?” She asked, her eyes almost shining, but then Mari looked to her with her eyes tearing up slightly. “You dont get to do that! After you told me to get the pregnancy terminated?” She reminded her rather boldly even after swearing secrecy, choking up a little on her words before she shook her head. She was done being run over by the people who claimed they loved her. “No matter what I do, it’s never good enough for either of you.”
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 7:36 pm

Mr. Godfrey was clearly extremely surprised to hear his daughter reply angrily to his demands. He was not used to that and for a second he was even speechless. Looking at Aiastes with contempt he was certain that this man was not wise for his daughter, not when he clearly couldn't control her. Aiastes just looked to Mari, not really showing whether or not he was surprised by the revelation of the sex of the child, but he was proud of her in this moment. She was standing up for herself. She was taking charge. And it made him feel that same feeling he had had for her when she had pulled him down on the bed. He felt entangled in her being in the best way possible, and yet that was rather selfish of him.
However the revelation that Mrs. Godfrey had gone behind her husband's back and known morals was a shocker to all. Mr. Godfrey's chest puffed up like an angry canary, his eyes wild with his temperamental fury. "I think it best you leave us," he said, not even acknowledging what Mari had spoken beyond that point. He would have to have a very harsh conversation with his wife. Aiastes got up, helping the human as well before they headed for the exit. The living room was immensely quiet, and if Mari tried to protest he would just tell her that her mother would be fine, and that was a promise. Aiastes knew that Mrs. Godfrey were tougher than she looked, and if her husband stepped out of line, she could handle that too. That fire that Mari possessed she didn't get from strangers, that was a fact.
They pretty much walked in silence back to the apartment. And once up the stairs he got out of his jacket and shoes before helping her as well. The silence was almost deafening and not as comforting as it had been before. He moved into the living room, looking at the couch as he tried to think of something to say. But for once it seemed like the King of Dreams was actually speechless.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 7:59 pm

Mari’s mother did look betrayed for a moment but she also seemed to acknowledge her daughter’s frustration. Which was why she just nodded as Mari’s father told them to leave. Mari got up and didnt have any protests as they left. She had had enough for today. She just wanted to rest. And as her mother wasted no time berating her husband for his crude behaviour, using it as a reason for her desperation that Mari had saved herself. Because she knew that Mr. Godfrey was unreasonably harsher on their daughter now that the child was there and growing.
The young human was quiet, looking a bit away as a stray tear or two made it’s way down her cheeks. She wasnt extremely upset. The hormones were just shaking up the bag of emotions as it probably would until the baby was born. When they got back, she did get out of her shoes and halfway her jacket before he helped her. Her thanks was almost silent and she moved on to go clean her face a little. She dried off in a smaller towel before going into the bedroom, changing out of her pretty clothes to wear her comfort shirt. She sat down on the bed and sighed. She felt so battered and tired after being at her parents. She realized how quick they could just drain her energy with their control and demands and questions. She didnt feel like she had all the answers. She barely knew one, if she had to be honest. She laid down, pulling the blanket over her, sighing deeply.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 8:56 pm

He let her have some space, mostly because he needed some time to think as well. What were the options truly? He knew that Mari would make a wonderful mother, it was just a gut instinct, but maybe that was better suited for down the line? In reality it wasn't really up to him to know what was right or wrong in this situation, so after calming down and opening a few buttons on his shirt he went to go check on her. He found her laying in her bed, and he could see how tired she was. Then he did something that he never in a thousand eons would've done; he crawled into bed with her. Pulling her into his arms, giving her the comfort and closeness that it seemed both of them craved at this point time. "I am in awe of your strength," he admitted in a soft and, dared he even say, loving voice. One arm held her close, the other used his hand to caress her up and down her side and back. He just held her for a time, wondering if she was going to fall asleep in his arms just yet. If she didn't then he would have to help her along, "I invite you gladly to my realm, my dear Mari, come and join me," he whispered in her ear. His voice soothing and hopefully lulling her right into sleep.
Inside her dreams she would find herself at the ocean at first, sunset in the distance coloring the sky a beautiful orange. Aiastes came walking to her, barefoot through the sand. His eyes kind as he reached his hand for her. "I made you a promise .. come see my home," he said in a gentle tone, though the hint of the deep voice was there. If she took his hand the sand around them would whirl upwards and around them, changing the scenery. They were now at a hilltop overlooking a large field of grass, flowers and even a lake running through it. And in the middle was a giant and fantastical castle, some of the towers floating in the air next to it with no visible anchoring to the main building. He sent her a strained smile, a few ravens flying above them towards the castle. Holding out his arm for her to take they made it through the fields of grass and flowers. It was truly like a fairytale, but in a gritty way. As if it was beautiful and yet terrifying at the same time.
It didn't take them long before they reached the main gate that swung open for them, recognizing its master in an instant. Inside was a vast hall, chandeliers in different shapes and sizes hanging from the ceiling and lighting up the floor below. It looked almost alive as they stepped over it, and Aiastes showed her to one of the rooms that was most special to him; his throne room. As the doors were opened it was clear that this was a place of both nightmares as well as dreams. In the middle with strange stairs leading up to it was the throne. It was dark and blackened, as if it was made of tar, yet raw and unrefined as if it would feel gritty to the touch. Behind was a beautiful glass mural that seemed to come alive, a moving scenery playing out. On each side up to the throne was large pillars decorated with ancient writings and carvings; languages long forgotten or lost. He looked to her, wondering what she would say.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 9:23 pm

She hadnt expected him to join her in bed, so when he did and pulled her in, instead of saying anything, she just grabbed onto him and relished in it. His words would’ve made her scoff if it wasnt that he spoke them so genuine. Instead she whimpered softly, keeping her eyes closed, turning her head to softly breathe him in. She could have fallen asleep in his arms but she kept herself awake until he spoke of her joining him in his realm. Her eyes felt heavier and her breathing slowed down a bit before she eventually drifted off.
She soon found herself in the dreamworld once again, wondering if he would take her some place new everytime. She couldnt recall having been at a place like this. And yet it felt familiar. As Aiastes approached her, she looked at him with a softer look in her eyes. She was really starting to appreciate him and what he did for her, most possibly without even trying. “Okay.” She agreed, reaching out to grab his hand, letting him lead the way. It was all so beautiful, even the parts that didnt quite make sense in a scary way. She wasnt easy to scare.
Seeing the castle’s exterior, it was nothing like a normal castle. It looked like something that had been made with pure imagination and it stood proud. She loved it. The way it didnt make sense with the flying towers and yet it fit so perfectly. It made the real world seem so dull with it’s constructions. “How long did that take to make?” She had to ask.
When they moved on to the inside, she had to let go as it was quite overwhelming. And after taking the initial setting in, she moved on, twirling a bit around as there were so many things to behold until they reached the throne. “Wow.. Aiastes, this is something else.” She said, noticing the writings that didnt make sense to her in the slightest. Like a whole other way of writing. It somehow fit. She looked at him, smiling softly. “And you made all this yourself?” She asked, curious to know. It would require quite the imagination, or so she thought. But that would only be a compliment.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 9:38 pm

"The basis of it took me no longer than a few hours, but it has morphed and changed with every day, week and month since I laid the first stone down," he admitted. The castle was almost a living and breathing entity, and that was especially clear once they got inside. He didn't mind that she let go, watching her take in what he had gotten pretty much used to. But he supposed this was his work space, it was something he saw all the time. Sure, it took time to watch it all, but most of all he was curious to see her reaction to all of this. Was she afraid? Or was it too much for her to handle? He wasn't sure, but her words said so much. His strained smile came back on his lips, but he seemed to have gotten a little better at it at least.
"Yes," he replied, walking over to her, guiding her to one of the pillars, letting her touch them. They wouldn't corrode away or break with ease that was for sure. "They tell the story of this realm and the connection to yours," he said, leaning down to her ear as he was standing behind her, "if you would let me, I would like to add our story to them one day." Much more genuine it couldn't get with Aiastes. He was a man of few words and so when he spoke of his wants and wishes he was sure to be heard. Breathing softly against her hair, he moved a hand down, touching her hip and pulling her back towards him. He just wanted her close whether it was in the waking or sleeping realm. "I sometimes wonder .. if loneliness is the only solution for me." He was being vague, but it was clear he was considering something. But not something he was sure he could say in fear of scaring her away.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 10:02 pm

He really was something else and she couldnt say that he hadnt been raising the bar for creativity to a level where anyone in the real world could never compete. Even if it was unfair with this being his place that he could bend to his will. Could a painter not create the most beautiful scenery with a few strokes of a pencil? She looked over the text, listening to him explain. She really liked this. “I would like to hear that story some day.” She said, feeling the texture, chuckling a little as she was surely amazed.
His request however made her look at him, her eyes softening up. “Of course.” She whispered softly, smiling at him as she felt all emotional but crying in dreams wasnt exactly the same as the waking world. Tears came but her vision remained the same, and she didnt feel the tears roll down at all.
His wonder however made her frown, curious and yet not fully understanding. “Where you lonely before me?” She asked, turning to instead let her hand touch his face. She shifted between his eyes. “I hope I dont make you feel lonely.”
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 10:16 pm

It would be done and he nodded graciously for her consent. He saw the tears, knowing that they would perhaps feel odd to her, but he caught a few, touching the droplets between his fingers before flicking them upwards to the ceiling that looked as if it was a clear night sky with stars. Her tears added among them as stars. Her question as well as her touch was perhaps more than he had hoped to share, but he had spoken it aloud himself. Lifting one hand he placed it over hers, pressing it against his cheek. Despite this being a dream, he felt rather tangible to her. "I suppose I was without really realizing it .. my siblings have long urged me to take a wife to be queen of my realm, but things have never worked out in my favor," he admitted with a soft sigh. And in regard to her statement about her making him feel lonely was sternly denied. "You make me feel quite the opposite of lonely," he looked to her, his eyes soft. He wanted to say more, wanted to kiss her, but it wouldn't be fair that their first kiss should be in a dream.
"Come," he said, removing her hand gently to just take it, guiding her up the strange and almost moving steps towards the throne. It was clear he knew the way and he guided her effortlessly. Once at the throne it looked almost as if it was glistening like rocks filled with minerals and crystals. However it wasn't the throne he wanted to show her. No, from up here you could see the floor of the throne room, see how it moved and behaved as if it was truly alive. "Some days these halls are filled to the brim with my subjects .. requesting audiences, needing my attention and tending to .. and some days it is empty and vast as if left behind and forgotten," he spoke, letting her take in the view from up here. He moved over, sitting down in his throne, placing his hand on one of the arm rests and it made the whole room change color and mood depending on what he wanted to show her. It was ever changing. Nothing staying the same but a clear display of a small amount of his powers within his own realm.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:51 pm

A wife? She seemed to recall how he had asked for her expectations at some point, mentioning marriage? But that.. no, she couldnt think that that was what he had been talking about. That was silly, she was silly for even remembering. “Never worked in your favour? How so?” She asked, frowning lightly. Realizing that it might be leading to a loaded answer, she shook her head and apologized for asking. Instead she opted to ask her question about making him feel lonely. And she was happy that she at least wasnt contributing to the feeling of loneliness.
She hummed at his words, following as he guided her up to the stairs to the throne. It did seem like a complicated path but he guided her effortlessly. Was it safe to say that she looked to him with adoration? His creative mind, how gallant and observant he was to bring her along? The throne was pretty, but she did notice how he looked elsewhere. Her eyes followed and she frowned lightly, seeing how lively everything was. This would have triggered her motion sickness in the waking world but here it was just so beautiful.
She was curious to see how it would be if people were here too. From the looks of it, the noise should be almost overwhelming but seeing that this was the dream world, it wasnt like the noise were really affecting the senses. He changed the colours and she chuckled softly, nodding a few times. “It fits perfectly to what I personally would call the essence of dreams. But I guess that makes sense when all this is yours.” She hummed with a nod before she looked at him, moving over to sit at his feet. She leaned her head towards his thigh, looking up at him with soft eyes. “I adore you.” She muttered.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 3:36 pm

Aiastes wasn't sure he wanted to delve into all of his heartache right this moment. Perhaps that was better suited for later, so he didn't reply. She seemed to take it as a sign to apologize but he simply shook his head as for her to not worry about it. He wasn't angry, nor was he upset. It just wasn't the right time. Moving up and away from where they had been seemed to be his best solution. From up here you could really get a grasp of the scale. Though of course the whole space could mold and fit to however many creatures were in here. He sat on the throne and as she sat down by his feet he was quite surprised. Her mutter made him reach his hand down, caressing her cheek, feeling up her soft features. "I am not one to adore," he just stated, though it was clear from his eyes that he wasn't rejecting her. Rather they were saying the opposite. Pleading with her."Come," he urged her to get up from the floor, pulling her into his lap. It was quite out of character for anyone to ever sit on him like this, let alone in his throne room on his actual throne. "It's about time that you woke up," he said, touching her face gently, looking at it, taking her in as she looked in his realm. Could he be selfish and claim her? Mortals had been made to adapt to other realms. It had been done before.
As she woke up he would be in the bed with her, still holding her, but a fair few hours had indeed passed. What had felt like a few minutes in his world was much longer in this. "Did you have a good dream?" He whispered against the side of her head, his arms securely around her as if he was trying to protect her.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 5:14 pm

He vocally objected and she looked up at him, not very convinced, even less from how he was looking at her too. “I dont think you get to decide that for me.” She said with a smile spreading on her lips. The urge made her get up and as she was pulled into his lap, she was surprised by how good it felt. And how it made her body react. An odd feeling, not bad, but definitely noteworthy. She looked out on everything that he could see, take it in as she inagined that he had put everything in place to look perfect from right here. She liked that thought a lot. The reminder to wake up made her frown a little and she turned to him to look, shortly before she woke up.
Luckily he was holding her because she hadnt felt ready to part. But her body was warming up quickly, a slight hint of rosa in your cheeks as she looked up at him, blinking tiredly. “Of course I did.” She whispered, reaching up to touch his face. Touching him made her feel like her skin was buzzing but she was sure it was just her being very slow at waking up. The odd feeling she had had was stronger now in the waking world than it had been in her dream. She adjusted herself a little instinctively. “Maybe too good.” She muttered, hiding her face away in his chest, placing a hand on the other side of his chest, grasping softly at his shirt.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 7:34 pm

She was cute like this, still waking up and trying to recollect what had happened within his realm of dreams. Her whisper made him smile, the touch welcome as he seemed to have grown accustomed to it as of late. He seemingly would let her do just what she wanted to him, and maybe it was a weakness he was now having to deal with. The mutter made him scoff, even if he had tried to chuckle it perhaps didn't come off as such. It just wasn't something that came natural to him. Not anymore at least. The years had made him a little cynical, but Mari had made him want to find his own self a bit. As she hid her face he just pulled her closer, "I'll have to strive to make your waking hours just as good then." Was that a promise? Most certainly so, but it was only because he held her in such high regard.
He just laid there, holding her, letting her return to reality in his arms before he broke the silence between them. "I wanted to steal a kiss from you when you sat on my lap," he admitted. It was maybe a bit too late to say that now, but he wanted to make it known. "However, I thought it wouldn't be fair to have our first kiss within my realm where you do not possess your own body fully," he explained his reasoning. Sure, the feelings would be the same, but would she feel it was real enough? He didn't linger on it too long, instead diverting the conversation, "what did you think of the parts of my realm you saw?"
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 10:01 pm

The promise made her chuckle softly. “One has to be better than the other. So which would you make the best?” She asked, even if it muffled in his shirt. She didnt mind the silence, though in all honesty was she slowly dozing off again. Which was why she didnt really react to his confession at first. It was like her brain took a bit longer to even register what he was telling her. It wasnt until he spoke of their first kiss that she was realizing it. So when he asked about his realm, she just pushed up, supporting herself with a hand on the bed next to him as she looked at him with a frown. “You were going to kiss me?” She asked, shifting between his eyes. She was still tired so it made her a little more confrontational than usual.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 10:15 pm

Had it been the wrong decision to admit to his wants? That was yet to be known, but it was clear that she was slowly drifting off again. He wouldn't stop her, but then she seemed to realize what he had said and she sat up half way. He remained laying down, looking up at her, his eyes calm as he looked at her. "I wanted to .. but I wasn't going to," he said perhaps in a cryptic way. He really did want to kiss her, but the trouble for him was that he wanted the kiss to be special. And yet would there ever come a time when it would be worthy enough of her? Aiastes remained undecided on that point. He reached his hand out, caressing her arm gently, his fingers barely gracing her skin in some places. "Kissing you in my realm wouldn't have been the same as in this .. at least not when you aren't there physically," he explained. He hoped she could understand.
He sat up, moving so he could sit with his back against the headboard. "Do you truly think that I do not find you appealing?" He asked, tilting his head, taking her hand gently. He was much more attentive it seemed. And part of him knew why. He had realized that he couldn't run away from how she made him feel. She had awakened something within him that he thought he had long lost. "Come sit on me as you did in my throne room," he said, pulling lightly at her hand. He wanted her near, and he wanted her to feel what he had felt.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 10:35 pm

She was surprised that he had wanted to kiss her and yet not. Her eyes were soft and vulnerable even if she still looked a little tired, the bags under her eyes opting to slowly disappear once she was fully awake. His reply sort of made sense and then not. He caressed her arm and she looked at him as he was laying there. He was quite beautiful. She couldnt describe how. She just knew.
She moved a little to let him sit up. “I guess that does make sense.” She hummed to his explanation. She couldnt be sure. She couldnt quite feel the difference… right? He urged her to sit on him as she had on his throne, and she frowned a little at first before she complied, slowly turning and sitting in his lap, leaning a slight bit towards him, still feeling sluggish.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 10:43 pm

She sat in his lap and he wrapped his arms around her, just holding her close. Was it strange that he found it soothing? Having her near and knowing what he felt for her was just somehow making him relax. He could of course feel that she was still rather tired, so perhaps what he thought of was better saved for another occasion. "Would you like me to fetch you something to eat?" He asked against her temple, his nose pressed against her hairline as he took his time breathing her in. Somewhere deep within him her scent had started to be associated with relaxation and happiness. He wanted it to remain as such. Frankly he wouldn't mind if she fell asleep once more. As long as he could hold her, then he would be quite satisfied.
"I don't have long before I have to return to my realm for upkeep," he admitted. While to her his realm might've seemed like it was in perfect condition, he knew he had work to do. Sure, he could mostly do what he wanted, but he wanted his kingdom to prosper. But that also meant leaving her behind once more. It felt bad to do as such, but maybe it was for the better. He felt like he was slipping up more and more, and who knew what would happen if he stayed with her for too long. His realm was more of an excuse to put some distance between them, but it wasn't like he had realized that fact just yet.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 11:07 pm

“No, then you’d have to move.” She argued, not wanting him to go now that she was sitting here and he held her so nicely. She just enjoyed the feeling, though she kept her eyes open so she wouldnt fall asleep.
The mention of needing to head back made her sigh. “I know.” She muttered. She had sort of just accepted that he had his obligation to his realm. She wouldnt even try to get in between that at all. It would be lost from the beginning wouldnt it either way?
“When are you leaving?” She asked, waking up slowly but surely, mostly to brace herself for the answer. Was she trying not to seem bothered? Yeah, she really was. Turning her head she looked at him. “I’m sorry. I dont want to ruin the mood.” She said with a soft smile.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 7:59 am

She didn't want him to move and he certainly didn't want to either. He wanted to spend his remaining time as close to her as he could get. She asked when he was leving but started to apologise. He shook his head no. "We have about 12 hours .. so until you are asleep once more," was that of comfort to her? Of course he knew it would never be enough. When would they ever think it was enough? And besides that, he knew it would be a while before he got to come back and see her. Of course Lucienne would be there to watch over her, but it would never be the same. Not when he knew now what it felt to have her in his arms. "We can spend the day doing whatever you wish for," he said. He wanted their time together to be good and meaningful. Perhaps then it would be easier to let go? His hand moved up and down her back, just caressing her gently. Holding her close as they sat there. "But you do need to have some food in your belly," he hummed, looking at her with soft eyes. It was clear he was putting her above all else.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 9:16 pm

12 hours. She just hummed, drawing in a deep breath, but then she nodded. There was a time horizon. They had to use the time in a meaningful way. His assurance made her smile softly as she looked at him, reaching up to touch his face softly. "That goes both ways." she reminded him. It wasnt just about her. He had just as much of a say in what they could do. The soft strokes on her back kept her calm and she was sure she would miss it. Sitting like this, sleeping in his arms. The mention of food made her exhale through her nose but he was right. "Okay, breakfast then. Do you want some too?" she asked, because if he didnt then she would just quickly grab something, like a bowl of oats or something simple and easy.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 9:25 pm

It did go both ways, but he already felt like he had been selfish enough to show her so much in his realm. Now it was time to spend time in her realm on the things she wanted to spend time on. She asked if he wanted something to eat as well, though he politely shook his head no. He didn't need to eat, and frankly when it wasn't them going out to eat or having a dinner date, he had to admit he didn't find much interest in food in general. She got up and he moved with her, though let her have her peace with eating her breakfast as he aired out the apartment. It was raining outside once more. Almost like a second act to the rain yesterday, though a little bigger droplets were falling this time around. A perfect time to stay in and cozy up. Frankly he thought she might like that idea as much as he did.
Deciding to get up, he went and grabbed the duvet they had been sleeping under, putting it on the couch that he folded out, revealing it could be turned into a guest bed. It was quite practical. He cozied it up, thinking that this setup might be better suited for a day in than the bedroom. In here they had the TV as well, where they could watch a movie or whatever it was mortals did to pass time when it was raining.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 10:05 pm

Eating the oats over the sink, she reminded herself not to be so down about him going. They would see each other soon enough! Surely she had to mind being too clingy, because that wouldnt be a good look. That would be how she would assure that he would eventually get annoyed with her, or bored even! The last thing she really wanted, now that she was falling for him. She went to him once she had cleaned up, smiling softly at how he had prepared the couch. "This definitely calls for some tea." she said, turning right on her heel to go handle the kettle. She had went and gotten her favorite brand of tea that she usually had whenever she sat down to read in the evenings. It was a perfect fit for the current season with it's spice-filled notes. She returned with cups and the tea before placing it on the sofa table.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 10:14 pm

He could've chuckled seeing how she turned in an instant to go get some tea. However he wasn't sure he could find it in him to do so. Instead he just waited and watched as she returned. He had crawled under the duvet, turning the TV on and flipping through some channels. There were a few where a movie would start soon, but he wasn't sure if anything was of interest to her. They cozied up, laying close as the movie on the screen played out. He wasn't sure he had ever seen a movie like this before, but it was quite different from what he had imagined. Sadly it felt like the day passed way too quickly. They had been chatting back and forth, getting to know one another even better. Aiastes was at least beginning to feel like he was starting to understand her and it felt really good.
Sadly as the evening rolled around he went to cook her dinner. Like a final way of showing how he appreciated her. But even that was soon enough over. Instead of heading to bed after the food, he pulled her with him to the still folded out bed. She could sleep just fine here. "I'm saddened that I won't be there when you awake," he admitted, wrapping his arms around her as she joined him, pulling her close into his embrace. She just really seemed to lighten his mood and make his day better. "I can however stay until you are asleep," he promised her in a soft whisper, pressing a kiss to her forehead in a sweet gesture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next