Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
You must specify a subject for your message. EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
You must specify a subject for your message. EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
You must specify a subject for your message. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
You must specify a subject for your message. EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
You must specify a subject for your message. EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

You must specify a subject for your message.

Go down 
Ace

Ace

Full name : Alister Harvey

You must specify a subject for your message. Empty
PostSubject: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 4:04 am

@Margot <3

He sat at the usual bar, drinking his usual drink. His friends were there too and the evening was actually quite nice. Ever since she had moved, it wasnt that hard not to think of her. Of course, some days were bad, but most were good. Work was decent and money was good. What was there to complain about? Nothing really if you asked Ace. He took a sip of his drink, just as the bartender switched channel. He heard her voice and instantly knew. He turned his head to see her in her own music video, looking beautiful and fierce. “Hey look, Margo made it big!” One of the friends cheered, but Ace seemed less happy. Well he was happy but only when he thought of her because of a memory. This here was her being successful without him. And somehow that stung.

He pulled out his phone.

[Messages between Ace and Margot]
[Ace:] Hey. Dont know if you still use this number or got a new one.
[Ace:] Grats on the MV. Are you living the rock star life over there now?
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

Full name : Margot Heath

PostSubject: Re: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 9:45 am

Margot was busy, but so was her whole team. The music video had exploded and magazines were calling her a revival of rock and roll. Though she didn't quite feel like a rock star. She still had to see if her album would sell. Yeah, her contract had gone from EP to an LP rather
fast as her first single had dropped. People were really resonating with it and she felt so proud.
Her management had set her up with one of their other clients for tonight's music awards. He was already pretty known, and with her being there with him, the management hoped it would spark romance rumors as they were teasing a collaborative song. A song that would premiere tonight on stage. She felt nervous as her team finished up her makeup, hair and nails. Gods there was a lot that went in to an event like this. But she trusted her team.
Her phone buzzing wasn't unusual, and she had considered changing numbers because her family had now tried to get in to contact with her. She didn't want that. They weren't there for her through her hard times, and they were not going to swoop in at a time like this. Besides, all they wanted was money. But somehow she checked the message anyways. Churchill was five hours ahead of New York. She only.knew that because when she was lying awake at night she looked at social media posts from back home.
However the last person she expected to see write her right now was him. Well of course she still thought about him, but it was easier now that there was an entire ocean between them. Excusing herself for a minute it seemed her team needed that break anyways. Walking out on to the balcony, she heard the busy city below. It was cold, but she didn't care, she wanted to hear his voice. Calling him up she hoped he would pick up, and if he did she would smile happily.
"Hi," she said in a soft tone. Chuckling a bit she looked out at the view from here. If you closed her eyes she could just imagine him being there with her, right? "You're up late," she said, tapping her nails against the metallic railing. She was quiet for a bit, just listening to him breathe if he wasn't talking. "I'm not quite living lavish yet, but I am going to perform at that big music awards show tonight, and I'm really nervous," she said. She was always a bit nervous before performing, but he had always been there to calm her down. But now she had to do it on her own. "It's funny how life works out sometimes ... How are you doing? Keeping busy as always, I suppose?"
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 2:54 am

He probably should’ve kept his phone in his pocket and not done anything else. After it was sent, he clicked out to his inbox to see a message from the girl he was seeing. He kept it casual, but it was really just a desperate attempt to move on. He ignored the text and put his phone in his pocket, taking yet another sip of his beer. Then his phone started buzzing and he checked it, frowning a little as he excused himself to his friends and went outside. He picked up and heard her cute little Hi that made him smile a bit. “Hey.” He said surprised but also somehow happy.
“Uhh, yeah. The boys wanted a beer and well, time flew by and so did the beers.” He explained, chckling a little at his own words. He didnt really know what else to say because they hadnt really talked since the night at the motel. “You’re always nervous, but you just have to do what we always do. Three normal breaths, wait a bit, three slower breaths, wait a bit.. and then three long breaths.” He reminded her, though it probably wasnt the same if he wasnt there to breathe with her. It was about the only calming exercise he knew but barely used.
She asked about him and he wrinkled his nose a little, looking up at the sky. “Yeah, I’m making a lot of money that I’m not actually really spending. So that’s a relief.” He explained, watching the stars and moon disappear before the moving clouds. “Or I have spent money, it’s not that.” He quickly added, sighing before he looked down for a bit. “Your video looked really dope. All the guys’ loved it, they cheered loudly for you in there.” He said, but then again this bar had been where she had started. And now it seemed that she had moved on to bigger things. It made him think back and he smiled a little as a specific thought popped into his mind. “And to believe you once said that no bar would want an unkept homeless girl. Okay you werent homeless when you finally started singing but you get what the fuck I mean.”
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 10:59 am

He guided her through her breaths, and she followed suit, only it really wasn't the same without him. "Well I also recall you giving me a hug after that, pressing me close to ground my body," but he couldn't do that when he was so far away. And it made her wish he was here, only for a brief second. They had barely spoken since that last night at the motel. She had snuck out after he had gone to sleep, because she knew if she stayed she would never go. At least it had been a good last time for them, it was tender and gentle and the whole time she had wished it would go on forever. But it ended faster than she wanted, but she didn't regret one moment.
It felt good to hear how the others were reacting, but she was more interested in hearing how he viewed it. He had always been one of her biggest supporters, but also one that could give her the criticism she needed, even if she got hurt by it, it was the honestly she wanted. As he recounted what she had once said she chuckled, biting her lower lip as she looked out at the city. It seemed so big even compared to Churchill. "I get what you mean," I always will, so many words left unspoken but the last thing she wanted was to tear him apart again. She loved him, and she always would, but for now they just couldn't be together and be healthy about it. Distance had made it easier.
"Are you seeing anyone? I heard from Clarke that you've been talking with a girl?" she asked. Better to rip off the band aid, but she just had to know if he was happy. And if he was with someone else, then it would be easier for her heart to take. Besides she had her performa-relationship with Kaden. He was a nice guy, wildly creative, but he was not really someone she could see herself falling in love with.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 8:28 pm

He did remember hugging her close every time but it wasnt like that was a possibility now. He was just so happy for her and also so fucking sad because it was all without him. However when he was really upset about it, he did remind himself that he got to help her when she needed it the most and she had simply grown to not need him anymore. That was good, right? Right?
Then came a hard question. Was he seeing someone? It was a complicated answer. "It's... No, nooooo. It's just talking. I tried dating, but one girl walked in and saw our pictures and suddenly I was the weird guy." he said with a sigh. "I dont know if I want to take things further than just mindlessly.... fooling and fucking. Like what we had was so good and anything couldnt ever get remotely fucking close to that shit at all." he admitted, tensing his jaw after speaking as he was somehow being stupidly open handed. He had heard of her relationship with Kaden, so was this really fair on her?
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 9:02 pm

He still kept pictures of them together? She wasn't quite sure how to feel about that if she was being honest. Both of them had spoken about moving on, taking a new path, and it sounded like he was clinging to the past still. To be fair, the world did seem so colorless without him, but saying that would get them nowhere. She looked down as he spoke about what they had had. Yeah, it had been the greatest parts of her life. "Well ... You can get that again with someone if you let them in, just like you let me in," though in fairness she probably forced her way in to his heart. She cared very deeply for the daemon, even though she was hurt by him. She was silent for a while, hearing some people speak in the room behind her.
"Hey ... After tonight we stay a bit in America, but next week I think I'm going on a plane heading towards Churchill," she said. Why was she even telling him that? Wouldn't that just inconvenience him? "If you're not busy we could meet for a coffee?" Fuck she hated that they practically just sounded like strangers, but what could she really do? Taking a deep breath she sighed, "bring a date, I'll bring Kaden and the four of us can go out drinking? My treat," she said before she heard her name getting called in the room, "I gotta go, uhm, yeah, catch ya later." Hanging up felt like hitting herself over the head with a sledgehammer, but she had to. Otherwise, how was she supposed to survive tonight?
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 2:52 am

"Yeah no, I'm doing fine as things are now." he chuckled but it was clear that he didnt really mean it. Or he was doing fine, as fine as he could in the current situation. He was just supposed to move on, so if he just acted as if, then he might actually end up believing it at some point. It was also easier to just determine that he wasnt fit for a relationship to begin with, telling himself that the fuck up with her just was a clear sign to steer free from anything remotely romantic. He was quiet as well at that point. A mutual silence that seemed to weigh more than the world.
She was going back to Churchill? He hummed as if it wasnt really that big of a deal. Sure, have a good time, he probably should've said. Anything that would acknowledge her words and let her know that he was listening. The suggestion made him frown as he thought about it. He breathed out through his mouth. Bring a date? He'd prefer not to. Because she would bring that headline boyfriend of hers and he actually wasnt that interested in meeting the replacement. Benjamin had been a mouthful on his own, he didnt need another man whose face he wanted to cave in with a fist. "Margot...." he tried but she hung up. He tensed his jaw, standing for a bit with the phone still at his ear. No, he was not on a suicide mission for his heart.

[Messages between Margot and Ace]
[Ace:] I dont think its a good idea that we meet. I mean, after all that shit with Benjamin, its just obvious that im not fit to meet some guy youre seeing.
[Ace:] But have a nice trip.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 9:16 pm

She just refused to believe she couldn't have it both ways. She needed him in her life, no matter how much the fact that thinking about him still hurt, she also could not imagine what she would be without him. It was a toxic way of thinking, feeling so intertwined with him that she couldn't possibly give up, even if she had been the one to break it off. She let her phone stay at the hotel, not caring to spend her night staring at a screen when she was actively living the life she thought she had always been meant to be living, right?
She returned later, drunk and upset with Kaden. He was a wild child, someone you couldn't keep on a leash, and he had gone out to do ... Well only the gods knew what. She felt stupid, and as she came back to the hotel, throwing herself down on the mattress where she felt her cold phone press against her face. It lit up, revealing the messages. Reading it she felt angry now too. Moving around she grabbed her phone, unlocking it and entering the messages.

[Margot:] No need to worry about any guys I'm seeing
[Margot:] I still want to see you

Moving over she laid on her stomach, her arms stretched in front of her as she looked at the messages that had been sent. She wanted to add more, but she also felt to proud to admit just how much she missed him. How much she loved him. How every day without him was getting harder and harder to go through with all this new found fame.

[Margot:] I miss playing guitar on the floor in your living room

That was truly all she could state at this moment.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 10:13 pm

He had continued his night after the messages but how could a night be any fun after writing dumb shit like that to the girl he loved. That was why he couldnt see her. Because he still loved her! Even when he had gone home and the other girl he was seeing had come over for a movie. How can you sit with your arm around some girl and just imagine it was your ex? That was a multitude of fucked up and Ace knew that he was such a piece of shit for it too.
When they had gone to bed, he couldnt sleep. But nothing new there really. He usually just laid tjere and thought about a bunch of random things, trying not to think of the phone conversation he had had with her tonight. No that shit would most definitely make sure he couldnt sleep tonight. His phone buzzed and he reached out to grab it. He read her messages, frowning to himself.

[Ace:] Like there’s not a record of a million reasons why I shouldnt be meeting him.

Her other message popped up and he drew in a deep breath just to sigh it out, quietly to not wake up the girl next to him. He didnt really care when she stayed over, she was just means to pass time anyway. That and distract.

[Ace:] I sold the guitar
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 10:26 pm

Was she wallowing in her own self-pity? Very much so. But she felt like she needed to do this right now. When she was sober, things were easier to handle, but drinking made everything so much more complicated. It was weird. Thinking about him as she laid here alone, she could just feel the urge to get up and go straight to him. But he was on the other side of the world right now, and she was supposed to be dating Kaden.
The messages that popped in made her heart feel heavy. There were plenty of reasons why he shouldn't ever meet anyone she would be dating. But there was one reason why she wanted to see him, and it was a stupid and selfish one. Margot sat up, unzipping her dress, getting out of the fancy getup and slipping in to an old t-shirt. Then the next message ticked in and she couldn't help but feel betrayed.

[Margot:] You sold it?

At that point she felt like her whole world was falling apart. She had written her first song on that guitar, and while it was probably worthless to Ace now, she still held some nostalgia about the piece.

[Margot:] You could've texted me ... If you didn't want it, then I would've bought it

Gods she was a bitter bitch, wasn't she? She had broken up with him and now she was mad at him for getting rid of the instrument she had played so often.

[Margot:] You have pictures of me, but you decided to toss the guitar I wrote my first song on? And for what? To prove a point?

Wrapping her arms around herself she couldn't help but starting to cry. Everything just felt so colorless without him. Grey. Grey and grey and dark and grey.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 10:45 pm

Maybe it would’ve been better to call her and say it rather than text. But being real, he was too selfish to be subjecting himself to hearing her voice again. It just made him so bitter. And he didnt want that right now. He looked over her messages, knowing she was probably hurting as it was something that had meant a lot to them.

[Ace:] It fell off the wall and broke. When i took it to the shop, it was just too much for something just keep hanging on the wall. So the guy offered to buy it and i took the offer.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 12:38 pm

Fallen off the wall and broken? She scoffed, closing her eyes as she was trying to calm down. But how could she? She felt so angry and betrayed - it had started with Kaden and now her anger had projected on to Ace.

[Margot:] Whatever ... Get some sleep

She decided to turn off her phone, not wanting any sort of contact with anyone. She decided to go to bed as well, though it was already the middle of the day. Crying and sobbing to herself, she had decided she was done with torturing herself with Ace, and wouldn't reach out.

The tabloids were only getting worse. Every time a paparazzi took a picture, they would speculate about weight loss or weight gain. They would criticize her looks, call her make up cake-y or simply just say that she was falling off. Margot had stopped looking at them, diving in to her work and the perks that came along with it. While she had always been against drugs, it was harder to say no when everyone around her was constantly talking about the newest shit.
One taste had been all it took. But it had made her feel a calm she hadn't felt since being with Ace. Maybe that was her own fault, and yet the pills and powders were the only things that seemed to keep her going. Kaden and her were constantly up and down. Some days they would actually feel like a couple, even if it was planned by the record label he would treat her nicely and she would get in to bed with him. Other times she were so high and paranoid that it would end in a fight between the two.
The tabloids had gotten a hold of some pictures where bruises could be seen on her thighs and on her neck. Of course they speculated about a crazy rock and roll sex life, but it had come from her attacking Kaden and the lycan simply holding her down until she calmed down.

A message ticked in on Ace's phone several months after they had last spoken.

[Margot:] I'm not sure if you have this number blocked, but you are the last she wrote to. Things are wrong over here, and I was hoping if you know her family or might know a way of coming in to contact with them? -Kaden.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 11:36 pm

Whatever. He read the message again just to be sure before he drew in a deep breath, shaking his head. No it was not worth getting pissed over, and yet he slumped out of bed, walking into the livingroom, just to draw in a few controlled breaths. Whatever, how fucking dared she type out something like that. He did try to call her just to have it go on voicemail. It was so irritating, he ended up sitting down in the couch, just staring at the now empty hanger on the wall. But that just seemed to fuel the anger, so bad that he got right back up just to go tear it off the wall, dumping it on the ground as he looked at the poor wall who really had done nothing wrong. Because in reality, it was his fucking fault. It always was.

The days passed and he tried to ignore any tabloid or headline with her name in it. Maybe it was more an obsession to not see it, that he actually ended up looking for it. Just so he could ignore it, right? Yeah, made no sense at all. But Ace wasnt always the most sensible guy. He was just looking for reasons to be angry. Whether it be some rumor of what club she had been in and with who. Context had little relevance at this point. But as the months passed, anger was replaced with indifference. Every headline began looking like just that. A headline. It didnt make Margot seem more alive. Frankly she didnt look happy at all in these forever stills that he saw of her. When the message ticked in, he was sitting on his couch, watching some TV. He had decided to get a dog, a cute yet big dog that he called Daisy. He looked at his phone, reading the message before he sighed.

[Ace:] Me. I'm the only family she got left. But we havent spoken in months.

He sighed, throwing the phone off next to him, like he didnt care at all and yet his eyes moved to check the screen from time to time. Like he waited for the reply to light up. Daisy was sleeping soundly at his feet. She was just a puppy. He had come a long way from just having to take care of her. Because that was what he did wasnt it? Taking care of something, someone, anything or anyone. He grabbed his phone again, impatient, just calling up the number.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. EmptySat Feb 05, 2022 11:46 pm

It was pretty ballsy of Kaden to make contact with someone from Margot's past. She never talked about it, but he was getting worried for her. He might've been a bit of an asshole, but he was far from cruel. He just didn't want to be tied down like his record label seemingly wanted him to. His behavior had never been meant to rub off on Margot. When he saw the message, he wasn't sure if he was happy or sad. He had gotten a hold of someone that might help, but then again, if this guy didn't even care, then he wouldn't really blame him if they hadn't talked for so long.
He wasn't sure what to reply to such a text. Of course the lycan wasn't an idiot, but he wasn't good at handling other people's messes. In fact it had been Serena Joy who had made him suck up and help find someone for Margot. That was when the phone started ringing and he stepped out of the room to take the call, not wanting to wake Margot and open that toxic can of worms.
"Hi, this is Kaden," he said, his raspy voice so clearly displaying his American accent, "I'm sorry, I don't know your name ... This number isn't saved so." It was basically him asking for the person at the other end to introduce themselves.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 2:48 pm

The dude’s voice was already annoying Ace but it was like this with every guy that had shown just a slight bit of interest in Margot. But he just had to keep calm now and figure out what the hell was going on. “It’s fine. She probably wouldnt like to know you were talking to me either, so. I dont blame you.” He sighed. Lifted a hand to rub the back of his neck as he thought about what to say. “How is she now?” He asked, frowning a little. Even when he tried his hardest not to, he couldnt just stop caring about her. He could pretend all he wanted, hell push it out so far that it may be true at some point. But he couldnt just stop caring deep inside.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 9:06 pm

"She- uh, she's not doing too well," he couldn't really sugar coat it, not when he had finally gotten a hold of someone who might be able to help. "She's sleeping off the worst right now," a rustling was heard through the phone, he was adjusting an icepack he held to his cheek, making him sound a little mumbled for the time being. "I just think that it might help to send her home for a little while - Get her away from the environment, if you know what I mean?" he wasn't sure if the person on the other end understood completely, but he sighed and had to spill the beans eventually anyways. "She's been using ... Drugs ... I don't know which kind or kinds, but they are making her lose weight rapidly and she refuses to eat," he felt like some days he was just watching a skeleton walk around. "It's gotten to the point that the producers are starting to question the offer they gave her regarding her career - I just think she needs a place to return to her roots, ground herself," it had helped Kaden back when he had been struggling with his life.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 11:38 am

“No, that makes sense.” He said with a sigh. At least her not so well being was all that was in the tabloida and news, even if he was trying to avoid it, it was right there in his face all the time. He hummed as Kaden said she was sleeping, hearing the rustling as well, though he didnt comment on it. He went quiet as the other guy suggested sending her back home. Ace didnt quite follow but Kaden was quick to explain. “Wouldnt rehab be better?” He asked with a frown. Honestly that was his best bet for what was actually good for her, even if it would be a blow to her career. It wasnt like she hadnt had a choice between doing the drugs or not; Ace thought in boxes as always. “No. Uhm… yeah, get her on a plane, if you know where to?” He raised an eyebrow though Kaden wouldnt be able to see that. “But will she come willingly?” He sighed, because he doubted it. Was he really supposed to go out of his way to go fetch her? His head was running in circles with all the ways they could go about this.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 7:12 pm

As if Kaden hadn't thought about rehab but the risk was that paparazzi wouldn't leave her be even there. No, it had to be home to something familiar he thought. "I don't know if she'll go by her own accord, but either way I'm not giving her a choice," he said, having made up his mind about this. He wasn't sure what this guy was to her, but he had said family and Kaden didn't find him sounding like a liar. "I'm sorry ... Maybe she just needs a breather and a chance to be away from everything to get her priorities in order," he hummed, pressing the ice to his sore face. "I gotta go now ... I'll send you some info when I've gotten a chance to plan this out: Is there a specific time that you might be open to pick her up from the airport?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You must specify a subject for your message.   You must specify a subject for your message. Empty

Back to top Go down

You must specify a subject for your message.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Western District-
Jump to: