Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

The everyday monsters in our lives

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42
Cesare

Cesare

Full name : Cesare Leone

The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 12:10 pm

Cesare had missed him more than he was willing to admit. Maybe it would make Benjamin feel guilty if he truly knew. The vampyre was needy, and being away from the man he cared for wasn't something he was good at handling. "Would you promise to try then?" Was that more fair? Just to try. The mention of how Cesare had tricked him made him look down in shame. It wasn't a proud moment, but frankly he had been desperate. Leaning down he kissed his forehead, "I won't ever feed you like that, nor force you .. it was wrong of me .. I will try to do better, but please help by reminding me." It was so clear that he hadn't enjoyed that either. He hated himself for it. But it had been what he had deemed needed. "I love you."
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Full name : Benjamin Joe Harris
Quote : "There is not a lot of things that scare me. And my fuse is also short. That's a pretty bad cocktail for a night out when some loudmouth starts spewing shit"

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 12:30 pm

“Yeah. I’ll promise to try.” He said with a serious frown. He didnt want to let down the vampyre. But he couldnt pretend that he would just be able to do everything perfectly. He wasnt even close enough to do well. The mention of how Cesare had fed him was not something he blamed him for. It had obviously worked. But it didnt feel good; seemingly for neither of them. He just nodded as Cesare asked him to remind him. Joe frankly didnt want to think of it that much. “I love you.” He reached out to grab his hands. “I’m ready to go sleep now.” He said. It had been quite an eventful evening.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2022 11:10 am

"I love you too," he smiled, joining Benjamin as he went to bed, cuddling up close. In all honesty the next few days that they spent at sea were wonderful, sailing around, swimming in different spots to see new sights under the water. Frankly, Cesare was starting to think the two of them might start developing webs between their toes and feet, though it didn't seem like it had happened just yet. These days had been what the two of them truly needed, and when it came to an end the vampyre couldn't help but feel sad about it. Mostly because he wanted to spend more time together. However things took a turn.
Cesare started to be more absent. He was always busy, but it was never him who picked up his phone. Sadie had tried to warn Joe to just let things run their course. That the vampyre would be back in no time, but it seemed like she knew what was really going on, but with all of the wedding planning and guest lists she felt like she couldn't take care of that too. It was clear that there was more social gatherings going on within the family of sires. None of them really were willing to speak of what was happening, and they had clearly gotten orders about not telling Joe a thing.

One night things got messy. Cesare had been out, drinking blood from who knew how many donors as he stumbled into his hotel room. Effectively immediately he started tearing the place apart, screaming as if he was a wounded animal. Glass flew everywhere, splinters of wood scattering on the floor and the vampyre eventually ended up on his terrace, looking up at the moonlit sky. He was in pain, and it was like he couldn't get rid of it before he just started to laugh hysterically, wrapping his arms around himself as he squealed out laugh after laugh. Had he gone insane?
Soon enough the hotel was the last place you would see the vampyre. He didn't want anyone to fix the broken things inside, telling them a cryptic response that everything was as it was supposed to be. He began staying in abandoned houses, drinking amongst his sires, no clear sign of self control in sight. His behavior erratic as well, his eyes even having dark streaks around them, signaling a truly mad vampyre.

That was when Sadie finally reached out to Joe, sitting him down in the living room of their shared apartment. "Okay, this isn't going to be easy, but I know you're worried and I am too," she said, swallowing as she felt rather guilty for having avoided the topic for so long. "Cesare is .. more complicated than you think," she disclosed, looking down as she knew that Joe was going to try and defend his knowledge of the vampyre, but Sadie didn't care, continuing, "do you remember back when you and him first met? When he shot me?" It was a cruel thing to remind him of, but it was crucial to this.
"Cesare has a good side and a bad side .. you were lucky to see him bad only once, but it comes in different periods of his life," she wanted to do this justice and explain it. "The good side of him is the one that holds you close, tells you that he loves you and is afraid of losing you." She was probably hitting the mark, before she looked to Joe, "the other pushes you away, hurts you and I think that's why he's staying away from you - he doesn't want you to see that side of him." The vampyre was born like this, it wasn't something he could change. "It's more like he becomes a different person; good Cesare is usually out when things are going good, or when happy things are about to happen; bad Cesare .. well he comes and goes as he pleases, messing up the good things to make good Cesare suffer more." Was any of this making sense to her brother?
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Quote : "There is not a lot of things that scare me. And my fuse is also short. That's a pretty bad cocktail for a night out when some loudmouth starts spewing shit"

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 12:08 am

The days on the boat had almost been too well. Joe wasnt thinking about it at the time, but it definitely seemed just a little... off. He didnt even have trouble feeding really, which had been his biggest worry. But eventually he would have to return to Louis and resume the program. And when that time came, was he not really ready to part ways. It seemed that the vampyre felt the same and it felt bitter to let go and leave when he had to.

Louis was kind enough to take him back, but he was not allowed to stay at the house. She would still be a guide and helper when he needed it, but she knew that keeping him at her house would do more harm than good. Joe had to work around a way to incorporate his new lifestyle into his current one. And that was the hardest part of it all. Even more that Cesare suddenly just became unavailable. What was going on? He got no answer. Not from anyone. Not the sires, not even Sadie! He couldnt describe how it made him feel. Because he needed him.

When Sadie reached out to him, did he sit down with her. She began explaining everything and Joe wasnt too sure he was following. "I remember." he confirmed, though he wouldnt say it was a fond memory. She further explained the vampyre's behaviour, but Joe just shook his head. A part of him didnt want to think that it was like that. "You think he would hurt me?" he asked. He found that so hard to believe with how the vampyre treated him. Like he was all that mattered. Then he couldnt hurt him, could he?
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 5:24 pm

Sadie wasn't sure this was even a good thing to bring up now. Joe had been so lucky to see mostly the good sides, and maybe speaking of this would ruin the image that the daemon had of his boyfriend. But she also believed that he needed to know and had the right to. The question made her shrug, because in all honesty she wasn't so sure. "All I know is that he's almost impossible to speak some sense into, and sometimes it's just about being there for him while he goes this crazy," that was what she had done so many times. But right now she needed to focus on herself, her own healing after what had happened as well as stay with Martin and work on their relationship. She was to be married and that wasn't some easy feat.
"What I am saying is that you shouldn't judge him when he's like this .. he's still the good Cesare you know and love, he's just hidden a bit," that was an understatement, but she knew that Joe could figure that out himself. Sadie took a deep breath, reaching over to take his hand, "now that you know, I want you to just let him run wild for a while .. he'll calm down eventually and come back as he always will." Joe had things to take care of too, namely coming to terms with his change. She couldn't ask her brother to go out and fix something that couldn't be fixed. "I know you, and I know you want to help him, but right now the best you can do is not get close - because I know Cesare would hate himself if he ever got to harm you while in that state."
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 1:15 am

Being there for him? Joe could do that. Well, not fully and all the time but he could set up a schedule. If it was because Cesare needed someone to be by his side. Joe wanted to do that if that was what it took. But Sadie made it rather clear right away that it was better to give the vampyre some space. And Joe didnt like it. It wasnt really that much like them. Well, Cesare had given Joe space but at the same time had it not felt fully voluntarily, as they had found ways to see each other anyway.
But Joe nodded and agreed. He would give Cesare space and remember what Sadie had told him. It was probably for the best too. Joe wasnt in a stable space either, though it luckily only came down to feeding at this point as his main struggle. Senses and everything was seemingly alright. He could struggle with loud or high tones but only for a second.
He thanked her before it was time for him to go follow his routine. Work out, go look for car parts and return to work on the car. That was the plan. But it wasnt what he followed when he left. He did go work out, but as he got to the car mechanic, did he walk right past headee somewhere else. Joe couldnt help it. It was ingrained in him. Especially as Cesare was someone he cared for a lot. He had sort of promised Sadie and yet he would have to break it. So he went and sought out the vampyre.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 2:21 pm

Where would be the best place for a vampyre this time of night? Oh, well at a blood feast of course! A giant party held in an abandoned house and no way to trace who started it all. Donors were basically standing in line to get in, and the vampyres could afford to be picky. Cesare was being celebrated and welcomed back as some of his old friends joined him. Each had already picked their donors and they were quite beautiful women. Cesare however was eyeing another donor. Short blonde hair and curves for days. Making a come-hither motion with his finger she smiled and was clearly flattered. Cesare greeted her, pulling her into his lap, running his fingers up the inside of her thigh. She whimpered, flashing her neck to him and he leaned in, sucking softly on her skin before he bit through.
Blood filled his mouth, and he made sure to have his fill, perhaps maybe even more than he should've, as she soon fell limb in his arms. Scoffing he pushed her away in disgust, getting up on his feet as he moved around the party, much to the guests' amusement. "We are children of Caemille; she told us to take every pleasure in life, and look at us doing it!" He celebrated, many of the vampyre's cheering him on. He got up on a table, pulling a donor with him that looked flattered to be chosen, lifting her arm up, "brothers and sisters, let us live forever to honor our creator; our goddess!" Flashing his teeth as he leaned down, chomping on the donor's wrist, making him shudder as blood left his body rather fast, the vampyres only cheering him on.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 5:05 pm

Joe was maybe poking around in something he should have stayed out of, but with a small offer of a vial of his blood could he get a lot of information. An address was all that information. It at least was a pointer. So he went there, unsure of what he was even getting into. When he saw it, was there a part of him that told him to run. But a girl gripped his arm, and looked him up and down. “You daemons are so muscly and strong. It’s interesting that you’re so short with all that strength.” She chuckled, Joe frowning as he hadnt really thought of his height and especially not in a negative way before. She pulled him along, passing it off as him being a donor. He still had no idea what he was getting into in the slightest. The strong smell of blood and fluids hit him. It was so different. He could smell the pheromones of stress and arousal, hear the way vampyres fed, exchanged the blood of their donors and other things he tried to ignore. He stood in the pile of people as cheering slowly started to spread. He heard a voice he thought he recognized, stepping closer. When he saw him, he stopped and froze. He couldnt really believe his eyes. And yet this was what Sadie had warned him of doing. Could he be disappointed that she hadnt been lying? A sharp pain made him pull his hand away from a greedy vampyre. “Fuck off.” He hissed in a lowered tone, seeing the small bite in his hand. His skin was toughter now. He couldnt just be feasted on as he could as a human.
So many of the vampyres seemed to almost worship Cesare. Joe didnt know what to think, so he tried to keep his mind cleared.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 6:32 pm

The group of vampyres here had a single purpose in life: reeving havoc to drink as much blood as possible. Cesare was perhaps one of the ringleaders in this society. He was the oldest, the smartest. He had lived to see so many events and he still had eternity left to behold. That was when he smelled something that made him chuckle, turning his head to look right at Benjamin. "My love has finally joined me," he spoke with a grandeurs gesture towards the daemon. People quickly moved out of the way, some even muttering apologies for even looking at him. Cesare waved him closer, "come, my love, come and see what I have made for us," his eyes were wide and a hint of madness behind his normally calm seafoam green eyes. No, these eyes could not rest, not a single moment.
If Benjamin didn't come willingly, the crowd would slowly push him forwards until Cesare took his hand, pulling the daemon close and burying his face in his head of soft brown hair. Breathing him in, there was a satisfied sigh to follow before he pulled away. "I'm so happy that you're here to see me," he whispered alluringly. He had perhaps never sounded more like he truly wanted the man he was currently holding close. "Are you hungry?" He asked, almost caringly, snapping his fingers as a couple of people were pushed forwards and made to sit on their knees in front of them. Cesare chuckled, turning Benjamin to let him inspect them. "None of them will be missed .. they've lived meaningless lives, so it's only fair that their death at least gets to mean something," he mused, letting go of the daemon to inspect the two candidates. The vampyre cocked his head to the side, touching along one of the female's cheek, slowly cutting it open and letting blood drip out. "We could share her," the corners of his lips twisting up in a chesire smile.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 7:25 pm

Joe hadnt expected Cesare to even be able to tell that he was here, but somehow he was spotted, almost as if it was on cue. He frowned at the gesture, shaking his head as he felt the urge to turn the other way and in fact leave. He was pushed forward all the way and Cesare took his hand. He was a little apprehensive of Cesare’s closeness, mostly because it seemed that all eyes were on them; expecting something, needing to see something wild and crazy. Or was Joe just thinking that? Maybe they wanted nothing at all, and was simply cheering on anything that would happen. He noticed how the whisper was different, but with an audience was the daemon quiet as a mouse. He could have looked like one too, but being a daemon now made him feel less cornered in the midst of all these vampyres.
“I’m not.” He replied, but did it matter? The people were presented and Joe looked at all three of them. He was turned to look at them fully, hearing Cesare’s musing words. The notion of sharing made Joe look to the vampyre in disgust. “No!” He hissed in a lowered tone, looking rather upset at the thought. “I’m not taking her soul and not in front of an audience. That’s barbaric! No, it’s insane!” He pulled away from his boyfriend, shaking his head.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 7:48 pm

Cesare chuckled at the daemon's response, gritting his teeth to push the girl down, putting his foot on her skull as she whimpered from the pressure he was clearly putting on it. The others started to cheer and chuckle, but it was clear all eyes were on the pair. "I did tell you all, didn't I?" He spoke to the crowd, his eyes scanning over them all before he looked to Benjamin. There was something in the vampyre's eyes. Hurt? Pain? Fear? It wasn't easy to decipher, that much was sure. "As soon as he saw who I truly am he would see just how barbaric and insane I truly am," he grit his teeth harder, staring at the daemon he loved so much before stomping down, the sound of her skull giving in, blood and brain splattering all over the floor. The crowd went wild.
Cesare then looked to Benjamin, his eye twitching a little, "that was barbaric," he nodded towards the floor, spitting on what was left of her face before leaning down, picking up a piece of her brain, suckling the blood out, dropping the lump in front of the daemon, "and that was insane." He turned on his heel then, walking up the stairs chuckling and cackling like a mad man. Sadie hadn't been kidding. This was a whole different version of Cesare. One that didn't abide to logic. One as dangerous as he was crazy.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 8:13 pm

The girl was pushed down and Joe’s eyes widened before he hurried to Cesare, grabbing onto his shirt. “Stop, please.” He muttered, but the vampyre seemed preoccupied with talking to the crowd. The words hurt. What had he told them? When Cesare looked at him, Joe’s eyes were pleading. The vampyre used his own words against him which felt unfair and the way he stomped on the girl, popping her head open, made Joe let go before he took a few steps back, worried that he would slip in brain or mush. He frowned at the vampyre as he nodded in direction of the mess… Joe couldnt even look at it, it made him feel sick to his stomach. When Cesare picked up a piece of her brain, did Joe look disgusted and worried at the same time.
Cesare left and the crowd quickly dragged the body into their hands, passing it around, tearing it further apart. Joe felt lightheaded from the smell of blood and death. He followed the way that Cesare had gone, trying his best not to stumble over his own feet.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 8:26 pm

The crowd loved a good show, and Cesare knew how to perform. He was absolutely mental, and nobody was even trying to stop him. He felt invincible! Nobody could tear him down now! He moved upstairs, the crooked floorboards made him skip slightly, chuckling to himself as people around him made way, some even stopping to flirt with him or be down right suggestive. Cesare brushed them all off, though he did snatch a donor with him. A donor who blushed, smiling as she gladly, and rather scantily clad, followed the vampyre's pull. They entered a bedroom, though the furniture was pushed up to the walls, and the floors were littered with paper that had sketches and long passages of words written on it.
"Immortality," he hummed, moving over to the window, dumping the donor on the floor on some of the scribbles that seemed to have gone through the paper and into the wood below. Cesare chuckled, grabbing a knife that he toyed around with. "I've lived for so long I've seen it all," he scoffed, turning around, he moved over to the donor, kneeling down in front of her, handing her the knife, though she looked confused. He sighed, placing a few slaps against her cheek before he got up and looked to the daemon if he had followed. "You'd think that perhaps my time should be up?" His smile widening as the crazed look in his eyes became more apparent. He still had a bit of blood clinging to his chin, sticking his tongue out to lick it clean.
"I was truly sad when you were changed," he hummed, nodding to himself, "you see, I had always imagined that it would be a mortal that would take my life." He chuckled, looking to the girl on the floor who still wasn't catching up. "Oh, darling, I'm sorry you're in this lover's quarrel," he babied her, squeezing her cheek and leaving a nasty bruise on her pink skin. "Tell me, my love, when are you planning to kill me?" He looked to Benjamin with serious eyes.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 8:44 pm

This felt like a madhouse. Never had he seen so many vampyres, so depraved from humanity and function. All they wanted was entertainment and blood. The more he thought about it, the more sick he felt. But he kept going, following his boyfriend, seeing how everyone adored and wanted him. Joe wasnt really the jealous kind but it did make him think. How high did Cesare’s reputation have to be in this place? What things had he done to be so lusted after, not just in bodily pleasure but in mind and attention too.
The bedroom was odd. He didnt know what to really say, and as Cesare asked him a question, Joe was shaking his head. “What are you talking about?” He asked, not quite following. It was like Cesare spoke in riddles and the daemon wasnt sure where he was headed with his words. But it clicked for him at the last question. “Why would I?” He asked, shaking his head. Had he made the vampyre believe that he would kill him? Had they not moved past this once already!
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 8:59 pm

Was it not clear enough that Cesare wasn't only out of his mind but that paranoia also had set in? He chuckled as the daemon spoke so plainly, questioning his reasons, "why would you not? I mean, weren't you trained to be? Weren't you hunting the supernatural before me?" Oh yeah, he had found all of Benjamin's little dirty secrets. How could he not when his network stretched to even the underbelly of the world? Words travelled fast amongst the decrepit and the venom of the world. "Come on, don't play stupid with me," he smiled, walking closer, cupping the daemon's cheek with one hand, looking at him with his crazed eyes, his lips still pulling up into that signature chesire like smile. Leaning in he kissed his forehead, breathing him in, though nothing could truly calm him down when he was in this mood. And it was clear he was intending on hurting both of them in some way. Cesare was self destructive, and even worse so when he was in this state of mind.
"Oh great hunter, slay me down," he whispered against his skin before stepping away to gesture at the girl. "Or you could slay her?" He shrugged as the donor looked frightened, but also intrigued. It was a strange combination but the name Cesare Leone had a different ring to it this part of the city. The donor got up, holding the knife with one hand as she looked towards the daemon. Cesare chuckled, moving over to stand behind the woman, wrapping his arms around her, snaking down to touch her lower abdomen. She sighed, leaning back against him, even rubbing herself up to him. He scoffed, "sorry, little darling, but you couldn't turn me on even if you tried." It was truly a waste. The only one capable of that was Benjamin, but he was almost hellbent on ruining even that.
"Now, my one and only boyfriend; don't you see how cruel I am .. and can you honestly say that I deserve to live?" He grinned with his twisted smile growing wider by the second.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 12:28 am

He hadnt even realized how paranoid the vampyre sounded until he brought up Joe’s past. One that Joe hadnt even paid mind to ever since the vampyre became a more permanent part of his life. He however frowned. It wasnt fair. And it was infuriating that it was now being used against him like this. When Cesare touched him, he pulled away, his teeth slightly gritted. “Fuck off.” He muttered. How dared he assume that Joe had always just had some plan to take him down. Had Cesare always had that thought? Was that what this was coming from?
The way Cesare spoke of slaying was irking the daemon out, and he couldnt say why. Maybe it was justified if Cesare had digged around and found out what Joe’s past entailed. It wasnt pretty. He had been a good little daddy’s boy, exactly how his father had beaten into pulp and then molded to his liking.
He saw Cesare walk up behind the woman and the way he touched her, probably should have sparked jealousy, but Joe was a bit of an oddball. He didnt care that much. But Cesare maybe wanted him to? The comment at least didnt strike up any jealousy. And it wasnt like Joe had changed his stance on things. He didnt want to kill his boyfriend. “Come home Cesare. I need you to hold me at night. Our small talks before I fall asleep. I miss them.” He said, trying to appeal to the vampyre now. But could he even reach?
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptySun Dec 11, 2022 5:22 pm

Cesare sighed, rolling his eyes at the pleas he made. It always had to be about the daemon, didn't it? It was always him that was above everything else! He was the one who was allowed to go away and do as he pleased; he was allowed to act out and be violent. But if Cesare did that? Oh no, how the world would crumble. "Is that all I am to you? A glorified teddy bear?" He scoffed, shaking his head and pushing the girl away and to the ground, the knife gliding across the floor to somewhere unknown. He kept his distance, sneering at him as there was hurt and anger in his eyes. "It's always about you .. everything; you are struggling; you are hurting; you miss me," he shook his head, clearly not believing a single word. Who truly missed Cesare? His family? No, that was long behind him. His friends? No, they often encouraged this side of him. His sires? Alas they were probably relieved to be rid of him for the time being. "But fine; I'll sweep my needs under the rug for you again; I'll put on a smile even though I know that what I do will never be enough to soothe you or your high standards," he was perhaps projecting a lot of his own insecurities, but in this moment he was fully convinced that this was how things were. "Tell me one thing that you have done for me that you haven't benefitted from .. one thing, and quickly!"
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 2:11 am

“No!” Joe protested with a deep frown. What had gotten into the vampyre’s mind?! The daemon didnt understand what the issue even was. But it clearly was something and that something meant so much to Cesare. Joe just wasnt equipped with experience regarding relationships and love. So he was a little out on deep waters where he barely knew how to swim. Cesare pointed out his standpoint being mostly himself and Joe frowned. “I can only speak for myself! Who else should I speak from when I talk about us?” He asked, clenching his jaw a little. The gears that made up his mind were turning but it led no where. He felt too inexperienced to just handle the situation.
“My high standards?” He repeated. This was ridicolous! “I dont… I dont understand.” He admitted, his voice shaking with frustration. What did Cesare want from him? One thing he had done? He looked down as he tried to think about it, but if there was one thing that could make Joe regress then it was pressure from those he loved. “I dont know... -I dont know alright!” He yelled, looking at Cesare with a defeated look. “Is that what you wanted to hear? I cant think of anything that hasnt been benefitting me too.” He admitted before he rubbed his face a little. He could have cried if it wasnt that he had his walls up due to the place and the people they were around. “Fuck, Cesare if you really hate being with me that much, then say so! Say it now!”
But the answer to that would be left unanswered as the crowd’s noise changed. Danger was spreading and it spread fast. The sound of screaming from vampyres and mortals were alike and Joe recognized it. “Vampyre hunters.” He muttered to himself before he went to grab Cesare. “Cesare get out of here. Get out now!” He couldnt help but hiss it, as the worry overflowed his system. If the vampyre didnt move, Joe would shove him. “Get the fuck out!”
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 11:26 am

This was Cesare's problem. He didn't want to be without Benjamin. He loved him so much and would do anything in the world to be with him. But while the daemon had been away, his mind had been poisoning itself and feeding him false ideas. Ideas like his boyfriend rather wanting to die than be alive. Ideas like how it was Cesare's fault that Benjamin was so unhappy with his new existence. On the inside the sweet and caring part of him was crying out for his boyfriend, but he couldn't reach him. It was the wrong part of him that was in control now, and he was hellbent on ruining everything that the two lovers had built together.
The demand was made, but it would be left unanswered as the commotion downstairs increased, but clearly not in a good way. He barely registerred that Joe was pushing him, but instead wrapped an arm around him. "You think me so weak that I couldn't defend myself and you against some low life vampyre hunters?" He scoffed at that thought before he looked down at him. For a moment his seafoam green eyes flashed, and the real Cesare within was looking out. However his eyes soon enough hardened and held around him closer. "Let's get out of here," he muttered, seemingly more calm with Benjamin close to his chest.
He hoisted the daemon up in his arms and made an exit through the back door, running into the night. He didn't know where they were going. He just knew he had to get his love away from such a horror.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 1:05 pm

“No, but I dont want to risk you!” Joe admitted, feeling the safety of Cesare’s arm, and yet it wasnt Joe that was in immediate danger. Daemons were not hunted the same way as vampyres, because of their brute strength and thick skin. They were usually picked out beforehand and hunted down like an animal. This sort of thing was not an ideal place to be butting heads with a daemon at all. Joe looked at Cesare, noticing the small change that appreared in the vampyre’s eyes before it was gone again.
He held onto the vampyre, not really wanting to be away from him but unsure if he had to. He would do anything to protect him. How could he prove to be selfless if Cesare wouldnt leave him behind? He was left with his thoughts as the vampyre took them outside and away. Joe saw the slaughter through the windows as it had spread the crowd all over. He frowned, realizing how much horror and bloodshed he had once taken part in. He hid his face away in Cesare’s shoulder in shame.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 11:19 am

Cesare was torn as he ran, but facing gods knows how many hunters would be a higher risk than fighting. He knew that those smart enough would get out, and those who would be lost could be mourned afterwards. It was the tough reality of a vampyric life when you lived like this. As he ran he did feel how Benjamin was hiding his face away. His Benjamin who had begged for comfort. His Benjamin who had wanted nothing more than to love and be loved in return.
He didn't stop before he had reached the sea. Stopping by the edge of the beach before sitting the daemon back down on his feet. He wasn't even sure if he could speak, but he felt more in control than he had in a while. His body was shaking before bloody tears started running down his face. "Benjamin .. I'm .." Would apologizing even make a difference? He had ruined everything now. He had broken the trust between them all because he was a mess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives - Page 42 Empty

Back to top Go down

The everyday monsters in our lives
Page 42 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Southern District-
Jump to: