Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Once upon a dream EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Once upon a dream EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Once upon a dream EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Once upon a dream EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Once upon a dream EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Once upon a dream

Go down 
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

Once upon a dream Empty
PostSubject: Once upon a dream   Once upon a dream EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 11:16 pm

@Baal <3

Waking up she felt, well, almost not really awake. And looking around she sure didn't recognize the place. What surrounded her was white fluffy clouds, almost like cotton candy, but when she reached out to touch them, her hand just went through them. A confused look in her eyes she got up from where she had woken up. Looking down the ground was covered in flowers, and it wasn't really cold or hot or anything.
Wandering around for a while she stopped as she reached what looked like a giant tree. Its trunk raising high towards the sky, its leaves green and filled with light. Was she dreaming? Well if she was dreaming then there was only one thing she wanted to dream about, closing her eyes as she thought of the person she missed so much.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

Once upon a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a dream   Once upon a dream EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 12:06 am

For Baal it was a different scenery. Rot and decay, darkness and empty. It was like he never really got to leave the castle in the Abyssus, not even in his dreams. Wandering around, he lifted the head of a dead roses. He loved roses, but these were mushy and rotten to the core. He continued down the path, aimlessly and yet there was an unknown purpose. He reached a large tree, or the remains it seemed. It’s top missing, half a tree’s desperate attempt to reach up and beyond the darkness above. “What a shame.” He muttered as he placed a hand on the dead bark, but it was like just then, he noticed someone in the corner of his eye, frowning as he looked her way.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

Once upon a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a dream   Once upon a dream EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 12:11 am

It was quite warm, wasn't it? Or was it just the light surroundings that made it feel as such? That was when she heard a mutter, a familiar voice and she opened her eyes. Turning her head she looked towards him, getting up from her place under the tree she moved closer. It was hard to make out who it was, as if some sort of veil was over him. "Hello?" she said in a careful voice, not wanting to scare off the only other person here. His aura felt so familiar to her, but she could feel the darkness looming around him. "Are you alright? Can you hear me?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Once upon a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a dream   Once upon a dream EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 12:18 am

She was so bright in all the darkness that he could barely make out her features. When she spoke it sounded so familiar but it had been so long since he had heard anyone but Saoirse’s voice that it was hard to make out who was who. He didnt quite know what to say, removing his hand from the dead wood before turning towards her. “Confused, I’d say, but quite alright. I think I’m more wondering why you would be in a place like this?” He asked, gesturing around, believing they were seeing the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

Once upon a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a dream   Once upon a dream EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 12:25 am

"A place like this?" she said, looking around a little confused. It looked peaceful to her? But she had a feeling something was afoot. Humming she looked at him, the darkness around him was making it hard for her to make out any of his features. "Well I guess I could say the same about you; But why don't you start by describing what's around you?" she suggested. That way perhaps she could figure out what he saw in contrary to what she saw. "I'm by a big tree with green leaves up top, the grass is very soft under my feet and I guess it feels warm, but I'm having a hard time really making it out." Maybe he would trust her more if she went first.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Once upon a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a dream   Once upon a dream EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 11:24 am

She sounded confused. Wasnt she seeing what he saw? All the stuff that you only saw in bad dreams? She asked him to describe it and he didnt even know where to start. He looked around before she began speaking of the place she was in. It was so different from where he was. Far too different. “The ground is just mud and moss. Everything is so dark, dead.” He paused as he looked up the tree. “I see half a tree, sad remains of what I assume you’re seeing now. Everything is decayed and gone.” He explained, before he closed his eyes and sighed. If he kept them closed then maybe he could see what she saw. “Who are you?”
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

Once upon a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a dream   Once upon a dream EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 12:03 pm

What he described didn't sound all that nice, in fact she wished she could just pull him through to her, let him experience the beauty she was surrounded by. But for now she just pondered what was going on. She hadn't had dreams of the future since her chance, so she didn't believe this was that. No, there was something else going on. He asked her name and she smiled, walking closer as she seemed almost attracted to the veiled character. Opening her mouth to say it she didn't get to before waking up in her bed.
Buffy had tears in her eyes. Why was she crying? Her body trembling as she woke up, but it hadn't been a bad dream! Her day went about as normal as it could, visiting her aunt, talking with her cousins, helping Tessa plan her over the top dream wedding even if they were over budget on everything. Her mind was however occupied, and when she went to bed that night, she wanted so dearly to be brought back to that beautiful tree.
And so she did, waking up amongst the flowers once more, she went ahead to the big tree. "Hello? Are you there?" she called out.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Once upon a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a dream   Once upon a dream EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 3:06 pm

She moved closer and he frowned a little, narrowing his eyes to try and make out her face. But he couldnt. He didnt even get an answer before being forced out of the dream, waking up to nothingness. He however felt warm and sweaty, as if he had had a nightmare. But it just hadnt felt like one. He fell asleep again and dreamt of nothing.
It wasnt till next night that he ended up in the same dreadful place as last night, wandering around until he found the dead tree again. She called out and he frowned a little. Was this just his imagination making up for all the isolation? “I am here.” He replied, moving around the tree until he saw her shiny silhuoette.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

Once upon a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a dream   Once upon a dream EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 3:18 pm

The voice replied and she smiled, feeling so happy and yet she didn't know why. Touching the tree she looked at his veiled presence, "I'm not sure what's going on," she confessed. It seemed as though they were being drawn together, but perhaps her imagination was just so wild now that she had to fill her days to distract herself. Maybe she was doing it at night as well? "Are you real?" she asked, maybe sounding a little desperate, "I'm sorry, I've just been so lonely, I think my mind is trying to make imaginary friends for me."
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Once upon a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a dream   Once upon a dream EmptySat Dec 11, 2021 2:34 am

“Me either.” He assured her. He knew as little about this as she did. But if it was just a reoccurring dream, wasnt she just a piece of his imagination? Her question made him frown. “I suppose I am?” He replied, a little unsure. Her apology however made him understand better, it actually resonated with him. “I thought being here with my child would make things better, but I have not seen someone look at me with such hurt and contempt.” He confessed too now that they were ‘fessing up. He sighed and rubbed his face a bit. “This world just seems cold and unforgiving.”
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

Once upon a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a dream   Once upon a dream EmptySat Dec 11, 2021 9:28 am

"You have a child?" Buffy smiled, you could hear it in her voice before she felt the heartache in her chest. She missed her little girl more than anything. His next sentence made her hum, agreeing slightly. "I've lost my child ... And her father ... I miss them more and more every day," she said, touching the tree as if it was the only thing anchoring her to the dream. "In the beginning I thought that they would come right through the door the day I least expected it," she said, feeling her eyes water, "but the more time goes by, the more I feel like I won't see them again."
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Once upon a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a dream   Once upon a dream EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 4:07 am

“I do. A very strong child that currently wont even be looking in my direction unless it’s necessary.” He admitted. They were still working on the tryst and their bond but he feared that the isolation wasnt bettering the situation. He heard the light silhouette speak and he frowned a little. Seemed like a rather horrible situation to be in and yet it was something that resonated within him. “Yeah, I feel like I need my soulmate more than ever these times. I have gotten a lot of time to think about my wrongdoings. And among those was the fact that I didnt even propose to her when I had the chance. Now I wish I had just done it.” He said with a scoff, feeling dsappointed in himself. “Anything but to bother, what would you tell them, if you had the chance to say anything?”
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

Once upon a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a dream   Once upon a dream EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 11:06 am

He sounded like a man of many regrets, and she could empathize with it. Feeling it in her chest as she knew somehow what he meant. Was he truly a stranger? It just felt so warm in his presence. Just thinking of how lonely he was made her sad, she didn't wish for him to be sad. He asked her what she would say if she had the chance and she hummed, smiling as she closed her eyes. "I don't think words would suffice," she confessed, wrapping her arms around herself as to comfort her, "I would hold my daughter tight in my arms, hear her complain about just how much I was smothering her." A faint chuckle escaping her lips, "I'd kiss her hair, breathe in her scent, let her feel how much I love her." Then she thought of Baal. Thought what she would do if she had him here with her right now. "As for her father I would probably pull him close as well ... Feel his lips if only for the last time ... Hear his breath on my ear, feel his heart beat against my palm," she whispered, wishing so deeply she could've done that. She looked down, a few tears running down her cheeks, glistening like small diamonds in the light she was in. "Sorry," she muttered, needing a moment to gather herself.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Once upon a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a dream   Once upon a dream EmptySat Dec 18, 2021 4:56 pm

She did seem oddly familiar, but since it was a dream, it could just be because his mind wanted her to be someone. It didnt have to be her, if it was just fragments of her that he could recognize. Dreams wouldnt compare to the real feeling either way. He listened to her and chuckled softly. He knew someone who would react exactly that way and he missed that joy and laughter.
But then she spoke of the father and he frowned a little bit, looking at her as she seemed so filled with regret. It made his heart ache, because he wondered if that was how he had left Buffy? To think of dream scenarios of what she should have done? "It's alright. Our losses hurt. I felt the same, but then months passed, a new year came... The ache is still there but it's buried under it all. But.... if I saw her now, I think it would all come back again." he said. He looked down and sighed. "I was with someone so perfect. She really was the light, shining the way to a decent life."
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

Once upon a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a dream   Once upon a dream EmptySat Dec 18, 2021 5:14 pm

"Sadly mine was still rather recent; I drown myself in work and family things, but when I get back home to that empty house, I just..." all the walls had so many memories, each room, each smell. The house didn't even smell of them that much more, and yet she still slept with one of Baal's shirts. She wasn't sure she was ever going to get them back, and yet she hoped and prayed every day. He spoke about his significant other and it made her happy to hear that someone else had had the same happiness that she had. Only it seemed that both instances had been cut short and ended too soon. "Mine was far from perfect," she chuckled, touching the tree beside her, looking up at the gleaming sky above. "But he didn't have to, I didn't need him to be perfect, I just needed him to be with me and then I knew that everything would be alright," she said, smiling at the memories she had with Baal. Back from when they had just started as friends and it had grown into something more. What they felt for one another was immeasurable on any scale. And Saoirse was the living example of their joint love.
"He got me flowers once, but he didn't know my brother, whom I was living with at the time, was allergic to them," she chuckled, shaking her head at the silly memory. "My brother insisted on not telling him, and had me promise not to ever say it ... And now I kinda wish I had gotten to," looking down she smiled to herself, "he was always so worried about being accepted by my family, but I don't think it ever occurred to him that despite our differences, they could never hate someone that I love."
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Once upon a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a dream   Once upon a dream EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 12:51 pm

He did wonder what beautiful world it was she saw when she looked around. And why it was nothing like his, the broken and rotten one he stood in, breathed in. He listened to her, looking at her though her features were smeared out by the light she emitted. It would have been easier if he could see her eyes. The story about the flowers made him scrunch his nose as he thought of it. “If I had gotten her flowers that her brother was allergic to, then I would have had to beg for forgiveness at the least.” He remarked, chuckling as it was a funny and yet sweet story. He could tell that she loved whoeever she spoke of.
“Our lives were completely turned upside down when she found out that she was pregnant. And though I am grateful for our child, and everything that I got to experience with her, is it odd that I wish it had all been pushed? Just a few more months, days even would suffice. Anything that could’ve let me have just a bit more time with her.” - “If I knew it would’ve been so short-lived, I would’ve spent more time remembering everything she did. Press her a little closer when I held her. Drawn out kisses for just a few more seconds.” He said. While the woman in the light seemed to remember the good times, Baal had had a lot of time to consider all of his regrets; it drowned out moments such as the one she had mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

Once upon a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a dream   Once upon a dream EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 1:09 pm

Hearing to him speak she smiled. It sounded like he had lost his love so many years ago, and she wondered if it got easier. This heartache she felt inside, this need to hold her loved ones close still so strong within her and she felt like it would never go away. Taking a few steps closer she chuckled softly at how he described wanting to draw out those moments. "I think about that too ... But then again those moments wouldn't be special if you could just extend them," she smiled, looking at the veiled character.
"My aunt is talking about me needing to move on," she said, her light dimming as she spoke of it. Move on from what she had had with Baal? How could she ever do that? She shook her head a little, "I don't think I could or ever would," she confessed, "you only experience love like that once in your life and ... And I don't want to settle for something less than when I have experienced the real deal."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Once upon a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a dream   Once upon a dream Empty

Back to top Go down

Once upon a dream
Page 1 of 1