Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

For better or for worse [cw]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 9:41 pm

Buffy didn't really know what to make of the suggestion. Sending away her own daughter? Looking down she frowned, thinking it through, but it seemed that even her cousin could agree. Usually the seraph and the daemon went head to head, but in this moment it was clear they wanted Saoirse's safety above all. "Maybe it wouldn't be too bad of an idea," she sighed, nodding at Connor, "please do ask your uncle, it would be nice to know she's at least among family." Although it pained her heart, there was not anything to say as to what would happen here in Churchill, but would Aurvandil even be far enough away. Buffy looked at her daughter, sitting there on their couch, her neck all bandaged up and that sinking feeling came back in her chest. The fear of losing her was too great. "But I want one of you to go with her," she stated, almost like a demand, but it was obvious to her. Saoirse would be miserable without her bonds, but she couldn't possibly ask both of them to just give up on their life as it was right now. On the other hand, would there even be a life here in a few months? Only time would tell.
"Connor, your mother would never allow me to send you away, especially with something so serious lurking over us," she said softly, smiling at her cousin. Despite everything she still loved him, he was still family, and in her heart it meant more to her than whatever the bond had made happen between him and her daughter. Buffy's green eyes turned to look at Amos. It was a tough burden to bear, but she knew she was asking him something that he had already promised to do. "Amos, can you take her? Keep her safe?" she asked, her eyes pleading. The fenix knew nothing more than love, and she loved Amos just as much as to be part of the family. "It's a lot to ask, but my daughter trusts you, and you know how to defend yourself?" the last framed more like a question. She was sure that Alyssa had taught Amos more than plenty to put up a fight if needed be.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

Full name : Saoirse Lowenna Elior

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 27, 2020 9:41 pm

Saoirse sat quiet, listening to them all as she looked over at Connor. She didn't know what had happened inside of her, but she just felt stupid now. Holding Amos' hand she understood where she belonged, even if it was painful. She had so many good times with the seraph, so many that now were overshadowed with the pain she had felt in her heart when he hadn't shown up right away. He had ignored the pain she had felt, she knew that, and it was as if the bond they shared were not as tight as it used to. Frankly it might be her best option to go away with Amos right now. If Simeon truly didn't wish for her to live, it would be stupid to hang around where she usually roamed.
Straining her voice she opened her mouth to speak, but it came out rather hoarse, and she was still shaking a little. "It's the best option, mummy," she managed to stammer, making her cough as she leaned her head against Amos' shoulder. She felt weak again. It came in waves, perhaps when her body was unsure whether or not the healing should go one way or the other according to her genes. Closing her eyes she heaved for air for a bit, Buffy came over, kneeling down and cupping her face. Her mother nodded, making her smile softly. There was so many things she wanted to say right now, how she didn't blame her father, how she was disappointed in Connor, but most of all assure her mother that she was doing the right thing.
Back to top Go down
Freddy

Freddy

Full name : Fred

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 3:00 am

Connor knew that his father was rather close with his brother despite the distance, "It surely wont be an issue. We have a lot of cousins on the Morgan side that would love to meet Saoirse," he remarked. He simply nodded and crossed his arms as Buffy seemed to process it. Leona surely wouldnt want him to be running off to somewhere, as it was his duty as an Elior to at least be there and tend the wounded if something was to happen. Connor couldnt just forsake that duty, even if he wanted to keep Saoirse safe. He frowned a little at the sudden sound of something rustling before something, or rather someone seemed to fall on the floor. "Was that...?" he asked before his question was answered by the summoner appearing in the doorframe. He definitely looked weaker than usual, but Connor's frown grew deeper as he noticed how the marks on Baals skin were flaring lightly. What would that mean? Did it have anything to do with the things Leona seemed to be fearing?
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

Full name : Amadeus Alexander Loviatar
Quote : I always get what I want.

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 3:05 am

"Buffy please," Amos said with a shake of his head, though he had let her finish with her requests before he finally answered. "I've already said that my main priority would always be Saoirse, so I'd go anywhere she goes to keep her safe and happy," the daemon pointed out, looking shortly at Connor in disappointment contrary to the regular disgust. He looked back at the fenix, drawing in a deep breath to say more just as the loud thump was heard. He turned his head to look and seeing his father only seemed to make him angry. He let go of Saoirse's hand and wrapped his arm around her holding her close. He was so protective of her and he definitely didnt trust Baal one bit. He wanted him gone, out of the house, as far away from Saoirse as he possibly could get. He didnt even care about the flaring marks or the fact that Baal probably couldnt hurt anyone in the state he was in, as he could barely walk it seemed.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 4:54 pm

Buffy looked up as she saw Baal leaned against the doorframe leading from the hallway in to the living room. Her heart sank as she watched his beautiful marks light up like that. It looked painful, but he didn't seem to emote much. "Belial?" she asked a little hesitantly before walking closer. It wasn't a wise move by any means, but she knew she needed to be there for him. "My love, you should be resting," she hushed him, feeling her eyes well up from raw emotion. She could feel the tension in the room, almost hear how Amos was grinding his teeth together by his father's presence. Carefully she placed a hand on his arm, but for some reason it didn't hurt to touch him, but he did feel warmer than usual. Tugging at him lightly, she guided him in to the room, sitting him down in one of their big chairs. Eyeing Amos, she was worried that the two would start fighting, but on the other hand Baal seemed to weak to do much. She wondered if what she recalled had recalled had looked the same from his end. She doubted it, she could feel the energy pulsing under his skin.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Saoirse looked up, turning her head and seeing her father. She couldn't lie, she felt the small hair in her neck stand on edge, mostly because those markings were glowing the hound had. Swallowing she looked down, touching her throat as her heart rate started to gallop. She still loved her father, how could she not, but she definitely had an uneasy feeling in her body right now. Perhaps it was akin to fight or flight, only she couldn't move. Leaning her head against Amos, she simply sought his comfort, not really wanting him to start yelling again. She had heard how he had scolded their father, heard how Amos had been ready to hurt Baal just as much as Saoirse was at that moment.
She finally decided to get up, walking over to her father and sitting down by his feet. She wrapped her arms around his legs, shaking as she started to silently sob. Saying that she was good at handling fear was a lie, she always turned to crying when she was really scared. Even movies could make her cry, but this was almost like a nightmare. She just sobbed, holding on to her father's legs and begged he wouldn't swat her away. Was he even able to comprehend what she was trying to show him? That she wasn't angry at him, that she was sad this had happened, that she didn't want him to blame himself.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 2:40 am

Everything at the moment felt like a haze. Not fully aware of what was happening or even what time it was. The blow from Andrew had definitely done the trick, placing a lid over an already boiling pot. He felt like his body was burning but he couldnt even muster to express the pain he was in. He just looked at Buffy, if it wasnt enough that he wasnt responding to her, then surely she would be able to see in his eyes that he was far from okay. It wouldnt be the first time he had been absent in presence, but it wasnt like he had much of a choice. He was just exhausted and trying to process everything that was going on, on top of the ticking bomb inside of him. He followed her guidance, sitting down though sitting up was even proving difficult, but he was trying. Then Saoirse got up and approached him, despite Amos' rather vocal displeasure, he could only keep himself up as he looked at her at his feet. It could seem like he didnt care that she was just crying her heart out while she was holding onto him, but really, the corks in his mind were working at full speed for him to understand what was going on. He lifted his hand, slowly but surely before he carefully placed it in her hair. He leaned down to place his forehead on the back of his hand, drawing in a deep breath in a sigh. "I want you to be extricated from the disaster waiting at bay," he spoke weakly, but it was clear that he meant his words. "I'm... too weak to keep you safe here. I'm sorry, my little light," he whispered, the words were breaking his heart but he was speaking as if he was just laying out the facts. "Once this is over. Only then can we talk and mend our bond," he finished, feeling himself grow weaker, so instead of falling over her, he moved his hands to the armrests to pull himself back up, gritting his teeth slightly but it was just a natural reaction to the strain of being as weak as he was. "I know Amos can handle the task," he mumbled, leaning his head a little back.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 2:46 am

The young daemon was almost ready for battle if needed be. He really felt like the little bit of trust he used to have for his father had been completely crushed. The summoner couldnt even control his own creation, how was he supposed to be the protector of this family? He felt like Buffy was putting too much faith in his father and if that was how she wanted to go, then he couldnt stop her. He just didnt want Saoirse to be pulled down as well. So when the trybrid got up, it took all in him to not just grab her and stop her. Tell her that trusting him from this point on would be suicide! He ground his teeth and stared on as Baal went on to admit his own weakness. It just didnt feel like it was enough in Amos' eyes. "I dont need the approval of a deadbeat!" he hissed at his father, but then he did something quite unlike himself and just left the room without another word. He even only stopped at Connor who stood in his way, not saying a word before he moved past him. He went to the kitchen where he poured himself a glass of water. He just looked at it, because drinking it was pointless. He just needed to put his mind on something else than being so angry.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 1:32 pm

Buffy felt her heart break as she saw her daughter sit down by Baal's feet, feeling her own eyes water as she placed a hand on the daemon's shoulder. Part of her was relieved that he seemed to at least agree to send her away, even though Buffy hated the idea. Looking at Amos as he hissed she sighed, seeing the hurt in her daughter's eyes. Saoirse was such a loving girl, her heart too big for many to understand, but Buffy did. Her daughter had gotten the heart of her mother, and it was so easy to see the empathy flowing out of her.
Amos left and Buffy helped her daughter to her feet. "Go to him and then go pack your things ... The sooner you two leave, the safe you'll be," tears escaping her eyes as she gave her daughter a tight hug. It was just how things were going to be now, and she had to put faith in Amos that he could protect her if it came to it. She then looked at Connor with pleading eyes. "Will you make the call? Ask if they will take her?" she asked, trying not to sob.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 1:32 pm

It wasn't easy for Saoirse to comprehend it all. She was still scared after the attack, but she couldn't blame her father for it. If anyone had been responsible, wouldn't it be the daemon that had projected the hurt on to her? In the end, placing blame on anyone wouldn't help. She hugged her mother before going out to the kitchen.
Seeing Amos in distress was the last thing she wanted right now, and in an attempt to comfort him she walked over, resting her forehead against his back, grabbing on to the edge of his shirt. She was not going to force a hug on to him, because that was not how he sought comfort. "I need help with packing," her voice pleading as she just about couldn't take much more of using her voice. Her body was exhausted, and all she really wanted to do was pack the things and get going. If her father and mother couldn't protect her, then there was no reason to stay, right? "Ahuvi," she breathed out in her weak voice.
Back to top Go down
Freddy

Freddy

Full name : Fred

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 12:40 am

Connor nodded at Buffy's words, picking out his phone before he watched Saoirse leave for the kitchen. It felt a little weird that there now was some sort of rift between them, but he knew that he was the one who was at fault. He just didnt know why he didnt feel so bad about it? After all, wasnt she the one who had allowed him to find someone and be with them if he wanted to? It felt a little confusing at this point, but he could at least try and make some sort of amend by getting her a place to stay, far away from here. He went to the hallway where he called his uncle and after a short conversation he went to the kitchen to tell them that they could come. He also called for his father to come pick them up as he would know how to get there. He told Buffy the same, and feeling a little misplaced in all this, he decided to make his leave. He would have to talk to Saoirse once she wouldnt be in immediate danger anymore. He stood outside, waiting for his father to arrive and the other two to come out.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 12:40 am

Amos just looked at the water, inspecting the glass as he heard someone enter. He felt her head against his back and he made a deep sigh, reaching down to grab her hands before he wrapped them around him. He wasnt really the kind who could comfort himself by embracing someone, but he knew it meant something to her. "Dont strain yourself," he said in a softer tone, even if he was still quite upset. He turned around to cup her face in his hands, looking up as Connor poked his head in. He nodded but didnt waste time looking much at the seraph as he instead looked at Saoirse. "Ahuvati shelli," he returned her words of love, running his up the side of her face to just feel her skin against his palm. He moved some hair from her face before finally letting go, taking her hand before they had to pack up some things that she would need. He wasnt too worried about his own things, if he wasnt mistaken, his mother would just send someone to get him the things he needed.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 12:41 am

Once it was just the two of them, Baal let out of a deep sigh, lifting a hand to touch his chest over his heart where he knew the artifact was lodged inside. "This is all my fault," he mumbled in a tired tone, not speaking too loudly, mostly because of the state he was in, but also because he wasnt sure if it was wise to let the kids know. He looked at his arm, feeling the burning sensation under his skin. It would take a while for it to dull down, or maybe it wouldnt ever go away. He feared what would happen next. He looked up at Buffy, reaching out for her hand to hold, clutching it tight to his chest if she'd let him. "I dont know what it is that Raziela has planned.... Or what I've unleashed. I fear the worst, hell on earth that wont ever stop," he said, looking down at her hand if she had let him hold it, to look at the marks on their wrists.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 12:53 pm

They packed up her stuff, and opting to follow Amos' advice she remained quiet as to not strain her voice further. It was a little hard to know exactly what to pack, but she did her best, and whenever she forgot something her brother was there to remind her or pack it down for her just in case. Aurvandil this time of year was much colder than Churchill, perhaps because of the small landmass and the plenty of sea, so she packed a lot of winter clothes.
Finishing up she went in to the living room one last time, hugging her parents close, Buffy muttering some words of encouragement as well as reminding her child just how much she was loved. It was with tears running down her cheeks that she moved outside, seeing Connor there waiting for them. At first she was hesitant, but as the car arrived she pulled the seraph in to a hug, sobbing softly before she had to let go and get in the car.
Once inside she took Amos' hand, leaning her head against his shoulder as she watched out the window at the world passing by.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 1:22 pm

"If you really think it's your fault, then there's no reason to sit around and mope about it ... Then we'll have to fix it," Buffy said in a determined tone, brushing away a few tears after bidding her kid goodbye. She had a bad feeling in her chest, mostly because her dreams had been no solace for her as of late. Usually she could see some sort of outcome, or at least have an idea about what was coming next, but most of her dreams had been filled with voiceless shadows.
She looked at her hand that he held against his chest, not moving it, and frankly a bit relieved that he did still seek comfort in her. "No matter what it is, we're going to need all the help we can get," she muttered before leaning down to connect their lips. It was just a brief tender kiss, one that would let him know that she would not abandon him in this time of need. She might've been a fenix, but she had seraphim blood in her veins, and that meant she was not going to let the darkness in the world win. "Now, you need to get some rest ... And I'll have to call a family meeting, because this is not something we can handle alone," she said rather seriously, helping Baal up to his feet and guiding him to their bedroom. Laying him down she placed a kiss against his forehead, before touching her forehead to his as if stamping the kiss in to his skin. She was not going to let anything tear them apart.

[End of topic - To be continued in Family matters]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For better or for worse [cw]   For better or for worse [cw] - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

For better or for worse [cw]
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6