Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Wouldnt know before it hits you

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Deacon

Deacon

Full name : Deacon Wadesworth Grant

Wouldnt know before it hits you Empty
PostSubject: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptySun May 02, 2021 8:54 pm

@Frankie (More can come later haha)

Deacon loved living life on the edge. There was just something about taking risks that made the thrill of doing something that much better. He wasnt really suited for just the mundane. He had figured as much when he realized that the apartment complex had tried to block off the fire escape. Sure, it was only meant to exit, but it was a way up and it was far more fun than waiting at the doorbell. So he got up on a couple of trash cans, before he decided to leap for it. Being a mythical also just gave him far better reflexes. Those were of course racially reserved for battle, but who was going to lecture him? No one, that's right! He crawled up the stairs till he reached a window. He knocked on it with a big smile plastered on his face, as if he was fully proud of his accomplishment.
Back to top Go down
Frankie

Frankie

Full name : Francesca Remei Vivas

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptySun May 02, 2021 9:26 pm

Frankie was standing in her rather worn down apartment, industrial but stylish was how she often described it. Picking up a lit cigarette from her ashtray she popped it between her lips, inhaling the thick smoke before blowing it out in to the room. She was a fenix, short lived lifetime, but she had every intention to live every second to the fullest. Placing down her cigarette on another conveniently placed ash tray, walking over to her rather well organized closet. Or, well she called it her closet, but it was really just some hangers lined up on some old clothing racks she had gotten once from a store going out of business.
The knock on her window made her frown, turning down her music as she walked over to unlock the window, sliding it upwards for the mythical to come in. "Wipe that smile off your face, will ya?" she groaned, because she could see how proud he was of doing this. Only problem was, it was always to expect the unexpected from Deacon. "Awe, c'mon, I'm just about ready, just needa find myself a good shirt," she said, still walking around in her bra before she returned to her makeshift closet.
Back to top Go down
Deacon

Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptySun May 02, 2021 9:41 pm

He had popped a smoke in the corner of his mouth as she opened the window, crawling in just as her words made him scoff. "Dont rain on my parade," he remarked as he slid inside the apartment. Leaning against the wall next to the window, he grabbed a lighter to light his cigarette. "Then get ready," he said with a shrug, drawing out a deep drag on the bud of his cigarette as he looked away; Not that he believed she'd care if he stole a peak. He just wasnt the kind of guy, even as unexpected as he acted most of the time. Some principles remained the same. "I think Phine is already there, aaaand that girl, Mickey.... isnt answering, still" he said, looking at his phone to check the time.
Back to top Go down
Frankie

Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptySun May 02, 2021 9:57 pm

Frankie scoffed at the mention of Phineas, because despite him not being a normal clergy, he sure was punctual. Gritting her teeth she grabbed an oversized band tee, pulling it over her head and grabbing her phone, wallet and keys as she headed for the door. "That girl is my best friend, so you better behave," she warned him as she stepped out of her apartment. She didn't really give a shit about the rules of no smoking on the stairs, so she simply exhaled as they started their descend. Flipping through her phone she shot Mickey a text, just to hear if she was up for some fun, but it really wasn't that big of a deal if she didn't. Mickey was a tricky person to understand, and yet, Frankie felt like she got the hybrid in some ways.
"Remind me again why I'm spending my Saturday night with two incompetent virgins?" she asked. It might've sounded like pure spite, but she was always like this in some way.
Back to top Go down
Deacon

Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptySun May 02, 2021 10:50 pm

"Yeah yeah, she's made an impression alright?" he defended himself as he scrunched his face a little. How many times had he not looked at her wrong and somehow gotten a numb arm after she had given him what he'd call the hardest punch in his life? That girl wasnt fooling around. Just thinking about it made him rub his arm a little. Going down the stairs her words made him chuckle. "I'm not forcing you to come along. But surely you're curious to know what two idiots are up to on a boring Saturday night?" he asked, smoking his cigarette just as some old lady came out to complain in the hallway. He sent her a flying kiss as they got outside. "I should bring her flowers next time. I think she knows my name by now," he chuckled, moving down the street.
Back to top Go down
Frankie

Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptySun May 02, 2021 11:07 pm

"Oh, but you kinda are forcing me; You promised me that I could finally see the great Deacon in action, so I had to take you up on your words," she reminded him. He was always speaking about doing something crazy or wild, and she had to see this side of him at least once, right? The notion about the lady made her crack a half crooked smile, but she managed to bite it in her once more. She would never really admit to it, but she liked Deacon, even though he was rash and maybe a little stupid at times.
Moving down the streets she discarded her finished cigarette in a water drain before placing her hands in her pockets. Damn being a fenix when the weather was always changing. She hated the cold, even if winter was her favorite season. "I really think we should get Phineas some girlfriend ... He's always running around with a mopey expression and it's about to send me in to
a depressive spiral,"
she confessed. She hadn't known Phineas for long, he was kinda dragged in to their small gathering by accident, but she had grown to like him - even though he sometimes were stiffer than a blackboard.
Back to top Go down
Deacon

Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 2:15 am

“You aint even ready to see my full potential,” he warned her in a soft chuckle, biting down on the bud to smile at her. The notion about the old lady was mostly to get some sort of reaction out of Frankie, mostly because he kinda liked it when she smiled. Even if she really wanted to keep up her tough act most of the time. He could definitely see why her and Mickey got along that well.
He was still sucking on his slowly burning cigarette by the time she had finished hers. Sometimes he forgot to smoke and just sorta left it burning down on it’s own. He noticed her place her hands in her pockets. “Tell me if you get too cold,” he just said, but didnt dig further into it. He didnt think he was good at being the caring kind, even if he cared a lot about a lot of things. The notion of Phineas made him nod as he hummed as to not just laugh. “Yeah, we’d be so good at finding someone that wouldnt just break his heart and make mopey even mopier” he said in all it’s sarcasm, scoffing and shaking his head. “I dont know how to wingman. Or figure all that shit out. Do you?” He asked, because he wasnt too sure. He however treaded carefully when it came to Frankie’s past. Mickey had mentioned some jackass but he had never dared to ask. Either way asking would also just seem weird in his head.
Back to top Go down
Frankie

Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 8:53 am

Deacon was someone that Frankie considered her friend; a rare trait and title for anyone around her. Mickey was her ride or die, but the mythical by her side always had a way of making her smile, even though she hated it. His notion about her being cold made her grit her teeth. She didn't know why, but she always got angry when people said that, or even suggested that she got too cold. It made her feel weak, and she had promised herself a long time ago that she wasn't going to show weakness again. So instead of saying anything, she ignored it, just continuing to walk beside the mythical.
Luckily she had managed to twist the conversation to be about their friend the clergy. His words made her chuckle involuntarily, covering her mouth with her hand. She hated her smile, and even more so when her face twisted as she laughed. "Well if he could have a few weeks in bliss, I wouldn't mind a few days of moping even more," she pondered. His next question made her relax her face. "I know my way around people, and often times I know what they want ... So it's just about matching up wants with needs and then you have a couple," she said. It was a rather plain way of looking at it, but Frankie didn't really believe in love. She thought she had been in love once, but it was all fake in the end, and since then it had just been easier avoiding getting in to a relationship.
"You should get yourself a girl too," she pondered, "if it's possible to find one that can handle all your bullshit."
Back to top Go down
Deacon

Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 9:28 am

"I dunno, the thought of seeing him not mopey like if it was tomorrow is scary to me. I'd feel like the world is wrong," he said, but maybe he was just being mean and not all that funny as he thought he was. He raised his eyebrows at her words and then scoffed with a chuckle. "You make it sound so easy. And still you're just as single as me," he remarked with a chuckle.
Then she spoke about him getting a girlfriend and he had to stop, looking at her like she had just utterly offended him. "Bullshit? Excuse me, you're talking to the almost prince of Churchill, I will not take all this disrespect!" he said but his expression failed him and he started laughing. Continuing his walk, he thought about it for a bit. "Nah, I'm really not looking for all that. Besides I think you'd miss me too much if I stopped coming around," he said, sending her a teasing gaze. His cigarette was pretty much dead and as they passed a trashcan, he popped it in, thinking of it as a drive by dropoff.
Back to top Go down
Frankie

Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 9:48 am

It was true, she was single, but that was by choice. She didn't have the need to be with anyone, and if she did a one night stand could suffice plenty. Frankie had gotten burnt by the flame that was love and she had no desire to burn further.
He started going on about his lineage, and she cracked yet another smile. Damn that mythical. He just had a way with her that she couldn't describe. But perhaps it was a healthy thing to smile more. "Either that or your girlfriend would start suspecting you cheating on her with me," she shrugged. It was hard to pinpoint where Deacon was in her life. He was a friend, that was for sure, but sometimes a part of her brain went in to what ifs. Not that she saw him as more than a friend right now, it was rather the fact that he made her smile that attracted her to him. Even though she would never admit it of course. "But I guess I would be hella mopey too if I had to deal with what's going on with the clergy right now," she said, reflecting a bit more over the things going on in Churchill. For now it was still mostly limited to Southern District, but Raleska was quickly becoming a meeting ground for protesters and grieving families.
Back to top Go down
Deacon

Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 10:21 am

"She better be worrying, when she sees how pretty you are," he said like it was a given. He didnt know if it was a flirtatious thing to say, maybe it was more a jab at himself than a compliment because he was insinuating that he wouldnt be faithful. As if he ever had a chance with her, but jokes didnt have the same kind of limits.
The mention of clergy duty made him wrinkle his nose because it was stuff that he didnt even want to get into. "I can only say one thing.." he said as he looked at her with a small frown over his brows, then smiling as he chuckled, "Thank fuck it's not me."
He checked his phone and looked up. Seeing Phineas ahead made him place his fingers in his mouth to whistle to get the clergy's attention. "Hey!" he called, waving his hand. He had asked the clergy to meet them at a construction site. A little odd and probably worrying but when wasnt it worrying when it came to Deacon's plans.
Back to top Go down
Frankie

Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 10:33 am

Frankie just scoffed off his remark, but she wasn't oblivious to how she looked. She liked how she looked, and she clearly had her own aesthetic at this point which could be rather intimidating for anyone trying to pursue her. Regarding the whole clergy thing they seemed to agree.
As they reached the construction site, she recognized Phineas in a heartbeat. His bleached hair had grown out quite a bit, and the bags under his eyes were more visible. Was he getting enough to eat? "So, what are we doing here?" she asked, folding her arms in front of her chest as she looked from the clergy to the mythical.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

Full name : Rhys Kaine

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 10:34 am

While Phineas was overworked at the temples these days, he hadn't been able to say no when Deacon texted him. "Hi guys," he said, a warm smile on his lips but his eyes a little sad. He was normally a rather cheerful guy, but ever since the events had happened down in South, it had made all of his days fill up with clergy duties. Phineas wasn't really good at being a clergy; The elders told him that he was too quick to make assumptions, that he wasn't balanced as he should be at this age. Usually he shrugged it off, trying to not let it get to him and keep on smiling. But things were hard right now, and finding something to smile about was few and far between.
"Yeah, what are we doing here Deac?"
Back to top Go down
Deacon

Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 10:53 am

The gang was almost all together. Mickey was no where to be seen but if she was coming, it would definitely be later. The hybrid was unpredictable but her way of attending social gatherings bore the same patterns. The questions made him smile bright as he pointed towards a roof in the field. "We, are going up there. I've heard you get such a clear view of the city from there, and I'm not leaving until I've seen it," he said with a bright smile. He pulled off his hoodie and pretty much just threw it to Frankie without a word, because it would be windy and cold up there. At least his hoodie was warm for the time being and before she could object, he had jumped the fence and headed towards the construction.
Back to top Go down
Frankie

Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 11:10 am

Frankie's eyes moved with his finger, looking at the building in disbelief, but then again she wasn't one to back down from a challenge. The only problem was perhaps just that she would get too cold up there, but she wasn't going to say anything. And it clearly didn't seem like she needed to as Deacon without warning tossed his hoodie to her. Watching him jumping the fence she sighed, putting on the hoodie before following the mythical over the fence.
"You are crazy, Grant," she yelled as she ran after him, but she couldn't help but chuckle either.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 11:10 am

Everything happened so fast, and before he knew it, he too had jumped the fence, running after the two maniacs. "Uhm, guys, I'm not sure about this!" he yelled before he caught up to them at the building. Looking up, he swallowed because it was a long way up. And if it was a long way up, it also had a long way down. "Deac, could we maybe try something different than this? Like maybe go out and have a beer like normal people?" he asked as he watched the fenix already starting to climb. Why was he always surrounded by crazy people?
Back to top Go down
Deacon

Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 11:33 am

"You wouldnt be interested if I wasnt!" he just remarked as he looked back at them with a slick smile. He was sure this was going to be fun. But definitely also quite dangerous. Reaching the building, he looked around, shaking his head at Phineas' words. "Come on, we're not normal people, besides, do you really want to miss the best view of Churchill?" he asked as he caught onto something and started climbing. "Just dont look down!" he chuckled, trying his best to catch up to the fenix that had already gone ahead.
Back to top Go down
Frankie

Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 11:40 am

He was right, of course she liked this about him. Living life to the fullest and being surrounded by danger was right up her alley. She had started climbing, hearing Phineas and Deacon speak below her, but she was determined to get a good head start - even if the mythical would end up at the top first. Grabbing a hold of a metal rod, she pulled herself up, huffing slightly as this wasn't just some light workout. But she was determined to reach the top by herself.
Beneath her she could hear Phineas groan, so she knew he was climbing as well, making her bite back a smile. The clergy just wanted to be included, she guessed.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 11:40 am

Phineas didn't like this, and they could get in major trouble if they got caught. However as both of his friends started climbing he paced back an forth for a bit before groaning and finally deciding to climb the structural building. "This is crazy, this is stupid," he kept muttering over and over as he climbed higher and higher.
Back to top Go down
Deacon

Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 11:54 am

"Hell if you make it, Franks up there might just notice you. Or Mickey when she comes to see that you've done it! Think about it! Female attention, the epitome of being men!" he teased the clergy as he climbed, huffing as he effortlessly seemed to progress. It was easy as a mythical, maybe it meant that he was cheating in a sense but he would boast as if it wasnt. "I'm not even sweating!" he chuckled, catching up to the fenix though the way ahead would be long. He was up for racing to the top if she was stubborn enough to try and keep up with him.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 12:16 pm

Phineas couldn't help but grit his teeth, frowning at Deacon's words. "Just cause you have the hots for Frankie, doesn't mean I have," he retaliated, not really caring how it came out as he was huffing and puffing climbing the building. He wasn't really fast or strong, so he took it in a pace that he could handle. "Epitome of being men," he mumbled to himself, harking up some spit, but it only seemed to dribble down his chin and on to his shirt. Fucking hell.
Back to top Go down
Frankie

Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 12:17 pm

As Deacon reached her side, she was just climbing in a regular tempo, finding her footing for each time. "Oh, you are loving seeing me sweat, huh?" she said in a half bitter half concentrating tone. She didn't even care if it was that visible, she could just feel her body warming up, which was only helping her as they got up further.
"We're almost there," she said a little triumphant, smiling as she reached for the top, only for her hand to slip. Her eyes widened as she just reached in to the thin air, knowing she couldn't reach anything. "Not like this," she managed to say, looking at Deacon as she reached for him as she was slipping.
Back to top Go down
Deacon

Deacon

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 12:27 pm

“Oh so it’s Mickey you’re in for?” The mythical then just said, not minding the retaliation. “I’ll let her know once I reach the top. Maybe that’ll crack a smile on her face! Unless you reach the top and stop me before that,” he just kept pushing for buttons, hoping it would make the clergy more adamant on reaching the top. As he had reached Frankie, he put down his climbing speed just so he could climb along her. “Yeah,” he said, looking for the edge up ahead as he heard her slip. Without even thinking, he leaned down and grabbed her wrist, barely getting a good grip but it was enough to help her find her footing. “Dont fall for me just yet,” he teased her with a cocky smile, holding onto a piece of rod that seemed stable enough. “Dont get nervous, find your footing,” he guided her in a calm tone, holding onto her as long as he needed.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 12:37 pm

Phineas looked up as he heard the distress, his eyes widening at what he saw. How were they both so calm? He was definitely freaking out, but he took his time to reach them. He helped with Frankie's feet, placing them on a stable beam before wrapping his arms around a large pole, heaving for air. "You two are going to be the end of me," he breathed out looking up at them with sweat dripping down his forehead.
Back to top Go down
Frankie

Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you EmptyMon May 03, 2021 12:37 pm

He managed to grab her, and for a second she was just hanging in the air, her feet dangling before Phineas came along to help her. Her hands were shaking as she reached out to grab on to the skeletal building, having her footing and balance back. The three of them climbed the rest of the way up and Frankie collapsed on her back as she was finally on the roof. She was heaving for air, adrenaline pumping through her blood, but she had a giant smile on her full lips. She suddenly started laughing, almost uncontrollably because once again she had looked death in the eyes and lived. "Great reflexes Grant, I gotta give it to you, that really surprised me," she chuckled, sitting up to wipe sweat off her forehead with the sleeve of the hoodie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wouldnt know before it hits you   Wouldnt know before it hits you Empty

Back to top Go down

Wouldnt know before it hits you
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Central District :: Central living quarters-
Jump to: