Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Aren't you ever afraid? [cw] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Aren't you ever afraid? [cw] - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Aren't you ever afraid? [cw] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Aren't you ever afraid? [cw] - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Aren't you ever afraid? [cw] - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Aren't you ever afraid? [cw]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Aren't you ever afraid? [cw] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you ever afraid? [cw]   Aren't you ever afraid? [cw] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 5:23 am

As he wrapped his arm around her she seemed to relax more. It was hard to tell what it was about the half blood that just made everything so easy yet complicated in her mind. Her question was more so to get to know him. Surely he hadn't dreamt of being the bodyguard of an entitled brat, but you never knew. He spoke about his mother with such kindness, and though she had never experienced something like that, she could still empathize. She frowned as he spoke about getting out of school to provide for his mother. "Is she ... Still with us?" She asked carefully, but she had a feeling she wasn't. It was sad, because that loss she could understand. Although she had been much younger, it had felt like her whole life had been uprooted and she was trying to find something stable. That was when she had picked up horseback riding.
"You sound like you've always been the one to take care of others," she pondered, looking up at him with a hint of sadness in her eyes. Maybe she should go more easy on him with the bratty attitude. "What did you go to school for?"
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Full name : David Trench

PostSubject: Re: Aren't you ever afraid? [cw]   Aren't you ever afraid? [cw] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 9:03 pm

It wasnt often he spoke of his past but he felt like it was the right moment. Though it was complicated with how long ago it had been, it was easy to translate into something that didnt sound too old. Her question made him scoff as he looked ahead for a bit and then looked at her. “No. It would have been unreasonable to not let her rest with the state she ended up being in.” He explained, smiling a bit as it obviously wasnt something that bothered him too much anymore.
Though she was right, he was definitely comfortable in the role of a caretaker. Only that he didnt teally see what he didnt see it like that really. But maybe he had just gotten too comfortable in doing it. The question about his study made him hum as he lifted a hand to scratch the side of his neck. “I was studying geography. I wanted to see the world. Which I did when my mother passed away. And eventually it got me here.” He said before he looked at her and smiled. “I’m thankful for it.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aren't you ever afraid? [cw]   Aren't you ever afraid? [cw] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 9:17 pm

Hearing about his life, even if it was just in a broader sense, she felt like she got to be closer with him. Like the kind of closeness she didn't really have with anyone else. She was saddened that his mother wasn't living anymore, but that was perhaps just one more thing that made the two of them connect more. Geography came as a bit of a surprise, but she nodded, understanding that traveling the world was something many dreamed of, but few did. "I want to travel at some point too, like, before I have to take over and all that," hopefully thought, that was all far off in the future. Right now she just enjoyed being a young adult, trying different things and making mistakes without having to pay too hefty a price for them.
The fact that he was thankful for being here made her feel a bit weak in her knees. She wasn't used to being swooned, and it wasn't like he was flirting. But the honesty and the raw emotion of that statement did make her feel very happy. "I'm thankful for it too," she admitted, sending him a smile back, her eyes lingering a bit on his eyes and face before looking back at the horizon. Tomorrow they would be traveling towards Churchill, and knowing that it waited on the other side of that horizon made her feel nervous once more. "But I don't think I would do good traveling on my own," she pondered, smiling to herself as she felt a little clever. "Maybe it would be good to have, oh, I don't know, an experienced globetrotter by my side?" It was a wild suggestion, and of course it would have to wait until she was done with her studies, but she couldn't imagine going with anyone but Dave.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Full name : David Trench

PostSubject: Re: Aren't you ever afraid? [cw]   Aren't you ever afraid? [cw] - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 2:57 am

He wasnt even sure if it had been called geography at that time, it was probably something far more complicated that had simply been simplified so everyone understood. Well, you have the money to do so with a snap of your fingers. was what he would have said, knowing that it probably sounded a bit judgemental, but hell it was the truth. He however didnt think it was the right time.
Her confession made him look at her with a bit of a softer look in his eyes, scoffing under his breath as he wondered how she could just make him feel so happy without putting in an effort. It was silly, or he at least told himself so. Her ponder made him narrow his eyes, as he only could guess what her next words may be. "Funny you say that, last I heard, your personal guard has a lot of experience. Maybe you should just plan something because it's not like you'll be going anywhere on your own." he then said, looking out on the horizon before he smiled a bit to himself. "He might even make some suggestions of places he has been, if you ask nicely of course. Otherwise he might keep some good gems to himself."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aren't you ever afraid? [cw]   Aren't you ever afraid? [cw] - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 11:10 am

As he started talking about himself in third person she couldn't stop herself from giggling, nudging him with her head against his shoulder as she scoffed. "You're right, maybe he would be the right guy to ask in all of this," she said, playing along because why wouldn't she? He was actually very adorable like this, how his facial features softened up and he seemed like he was having fun. She let out a small sigh. "But do you really think he would want to travel with a spoiled brat like me? I mean I am pretty good at running off and he might dislike me if he felt like it was his duty to come with me," she said. She wanted him to come, of course she did, but she wanted it to be his own accord. Not because he felt forced to do it because he would get paid.
"And although I don't have to, I wouldn't want to travel the world lavishly," she pondered, looking at the grass they were sitting on, touching it as it felt soft to the touch. "I would want to experience something more genuine, even if it would never be completely authentic," although that wouldn't be what her father wanted her to. At least she would have the excuse that Dave would be there to protect her. Turning she looked at him, her hand moving from the grass and up to touch his short kept hair, chuckling to herself as she could imagine how long it would get. "You have really pretty eyes," she just said, a bit out of the blue but she just looked down as soon as she had said it. Okay, it was going to be a bit harder not to sound flirty, wasn't it? "I mean ... Even when you are frustrated with me, I can always find the kindness in them."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aren't you ever afraid? [cw]   Aren't you ever afraid? [cw] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aren't you ever afraid? [cw]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3