Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Growing Tensions

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Hunter

Hunter

Full name : Hunter

Growing Tensions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 5:53 pm

She could've told herself that they would try to help her, and they weren't at fault for it. Had she been human, this would've been the best thing they could do, but to her, the water was much too cold. Opening her eyes she looked at Gaspar, her teeth starting to clatter together as even though this water was warm to him, it wasn't optimal for her, especially not when she was sick. "Warmer, kitty," she pleaded, looking at him with tired eyes. The patch around her neck was getting soaked, falling loose as the water got under the tape.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

Full name : Gaspar
Quote : Meow ∩(・ω・)∩

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 11:14 pm

He was still freaking out but kept it rather quiet as he just held her hand. She pleaded for warmer water and he lifted his free hand to touch the water. It was already as warm as is could get? He was confused. But he got up and went to the kitchen to look around. He grabbed the kettle off the table and filled it with water, handing it to the seraph. “Warm.” He said, his yellow eyes avoiding any contact he could. He was quite distressed. And the seraph’s annoyance with him in the bathroom had only added to it.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

Full name : Christopher "Kit" Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 1:34 pm

Vinnie was standing in the kitchen, preparing the dinner, but it was mostly cooking itself at this point. He was looking at his phone as Gaspar came in, demanding warm water. "I know she likes warm water, but that's a bit extreme, bud," he said with a slight frown. Not only that but the shifter was avoiding his eyes. He reached out, grabbing his chin, pulling it up to make up face him, hoping the eyes would follow. "Look at me when you make demands like that," he said, though his voice wasn't angry sounding. He ran his thumb along his lower lip, "and maybe you should also start learning the word please," he added, letting go of his face to grab the kettle, putting it back in its holder and turning on the small knob. It would be boiling in no time. "If she likes it scalding, then you can give that to her," what did he care? Then the cat turned human could perhaps learn this the hard way.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 1:53 pm

Maybe it was a little extreme but Gaspar didnt know what else to do! The faucet couldnt get warmer than it was? He felt the hand his chin, forcing his face up and he looked at him as the seraph told him to. The finger running over his lip made him open his mouth slightly as he looked at him. “Pl..pleese.” He repeated, softly to not mess the word up too much. Vinnie took the kettle and Gaspar just watched it while it was warming up. Looking at it, it felt like it took forever for it to reach a boil. He just hoped that Hunter was fine. He did go to check on her at least once or twice. When the kettle was boiling he took it, careful to not burn himself but he also thought that while it was in the kettle, he couldnt get hurt, right? He sat down next to the bathtub, placing the kettle next to him. “Dog, warm?” He asked, moving a hand over to carefully peel the protective cover on her neck that had lost to the warm water.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 2:09 pm

Hunter had no real choice than to simply try and relax in the bath, thought it was too cold still. He soon enough returned with a kettle after checking on her a few times. Reaching over she grabbed around it, pouring the water over her arms with a sigh. Yeah, this was more like it. It would be alright for now at least. Once the kettle was empty she relaxed more in the water, closing her eyes as she felt Gaspar remove the gauze on her neck. Beneath was something quite horrid; Black markings that resembled rotting flesh covering her normally soft skin. She grit her teeth a little, "It's not pretty, huh?" she muttered, sighing softly as she opened her eyes to look at Gaspar. Reaching out she took his hand, her eyes calm even if she was warm to the touch. "Kitty, I'll be alright ... I just need rest ... I appreciate the bath, but I truly just need to sleep this out," she felt sad that she couldn't explain herself better in this state.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 2:54 pm

She poured the water over her skin and it made the shifter look a little uneasy. Why wasnt it hurting her? He however focused on the thing around her neck and as the wound was revealed he gasped, because all his senses told him that he was looking at a death sentence. It looked nothing like a wound he had seen before. She took his hand and assured him that she would be fine. “Worry.” He said, looking at her with a frown. She didnt look like she just needed to sleep it out. But he didnt know how to help her either. If she could just tell him what to do, it would be easier to do something.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 6:19 pm

He worried. Of course she couldn't blame him for that. It probably looked bad, but how could she explain that to him so he could understand that she would be alright? "Don't worry," she pleaded with him, sending him a soft smile, lifting his hand to her lips, giving it gentle kisses. Even though she was sick, she wanted to comfort him. Her throat was sore, but it was already much better with the humidity in the bathroom. "Just be here with me," - "that's all I want." It was true. She hated being alone, and even more so when she was this wounded. Tomorrow she would be so much better, she already knew. Today was just a day to get through.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 7:08 pm

Dont worry? He felt like that was a lot to ask for. If she would die from this, what then? He would never see her again! No, he would keep worrying until she was fine. That was just how he was. She comforted him quite a lot with the soft kisses on his hand. He could stay by her side if that was all she needed from him. He leaned his head onto her hand, rubbing his cheek onto the back of her hand. At some point he worried that the water would just cool her down too much and make her freeze, so he pulled the plug and went to get a towel for her. If she could stand he would help dry her off, wrapping the towel around her shoulders before letting her support herself on him. He however wouldnt bring her back on the couch but rather the bed, even if it would probably annoy the seraph.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 7:38 pm

He helped her out of the shower, wrapping her up in a towel as she smiled tiredly at him. Being helped to the bed was a bit of a surprise, but she gladly took it, laying down and crawling under the covers. Peaking up at Gaspar from the duvet, she just looked happy. Even though she was sick it was so clear how much joy he brought her, and perhaps that was what was breaking her heart. She didn't mind sharing him with anyone - he was a free person - but did he have to be with Vinnie? Reaching out she touched his hand, "go get something to eat, kitty," she told him, only wanting what was best for him.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 7:55 pm

He did sit down by her side as she was placed comfortably under the duvet. He liked seeing her happy, it made him smile a little too. The notion that he should eat made him sigh. But he would because she told him to. Leaning down, he kissed her temple and then nuzzled her nose with his own before he got up and went to the kitchen. He would grab bowls for him and Vinnie. But he didnt know if Hunter just wanted the meat as it was or if there had to be something done with it. He had seen her eat raw meat, he knew she preferred it. He pushed the bowls closer to the pot before grabbing fitting utensils that he placed next to it.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 8:08 pm

Hunter hated to see him leave, but she was happy that he seemed to understand that he needed food. She wasn't herself too hungry, the stake that had been prepared to her earlier by the female watcher was still in her system. Though she knew she would have to eat something before she slept. She hoped that they had some raw meat at the ready, because she didn't feel like any normally cooked food would do the trick. It was much too easy to consume and it didn't give her body the strength it needed. If Gaspar or Vinnie came to check on her, she would simply ask for any raw meat they had.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 8:08 pm

Vinnie had finished up the meal, watching as Gaspar finally returned to the kitchen. He was sure Hunter had told him to go eat, because he sure seemed like a man on a mission. He eventually went in to check on the female in his bed, getting pretty clear but weird orders about raw meat. Yikes, it sounded disgusting, but as long as she didn't spill in his bed, he could sorta allow it. But only because he didn't want to hurt Gaspar. He helped the cat turned human scoop up some food in each bowl, even going the extra mile to place the cut steak in to a bowl as well with a fork. "I know you want to sit and eat with her; Just go already," he said, just knowing that he would get annoyed if he saw that mopey face for much longer.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 8:41 pm

The meals were prepared and Gaspar looked at the bowls of food. He probably still looked unhappy and distressed and would until Hunter was fine again. Vinnie’s comment made him look down. But instead of saying anything, he took his bowl and the one made for Hunter before he went back to her. He sat down on the bed with his own bowl, having placed hers on the nightstand so she could choose to eat on her own or wait till he was done eating. He was however a little more distant now, poking around into the bowl as he ate.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 7:14 am

Gaspar returned and just the smell of the meat made her perk up a little, sitting up and taking the bowl she began eating, albeit a little slow. But she did notice how he wasn't doing too good either. "He's not happy, is he?" she asked, placing a piece between her teeth, sliding the fork out to chew on it. She took her time eating, mostly because she didn't have the energy to just scarf it down. "He'll come around, you know how his mood swings all the time," she told him, still not wishing for him to worry. No, she wasn't here to add salt to the wound, and if Vinnie told her to get out she would, but she also knew the only reason she was staying was because she made Gaspar happy.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 12:35 pm

Her question made him look a little sad as he slowly scooped a bite up on his spoon. Yeah, Vinnie was in some sort of changing mood. But Gaspar felt that it was only his fault for being so high maintenance. He wasnt dumb! He could remember all the other people that had been over and how Vinnie didnt have to care for then like he did for him? And somehow the shifter had told himself that the seraph would’ve been happier without him. Which was probably why he clung more to Hunter now. “Lo..ve. Vinnie.” He muttered. Even if the seraph’s way of caring for him was a little crude and aggressive, he did have softer sides that made up for it. When things were good they were really good. But he couldnt say it was good now. “When.. sleep. I go… to him.” to talk things out he said, eating a bit more. “I ch..eck.. you.” once in a while. He managed to eat at least over half before his stomach seemed full.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 12:53 pm

"I know," he didn't have to explain that he loved Vinnie, she knew that and it was so visible right now. Hunter felt bad. If she hadn't come along, then Vinnie could've had Gaspar all to himself, right? Or perhaps that was how the seraph saw her. As he finished eating she hummed at what he had said, knowing he struggled with words it was quite a big deal that he was willing to speak with Vinnie.
She finished up her own meal, handing him the empty bowl before laying down once more, holding the duvet close as she smiled at him slightly. "I'll sleep any second now ... Just go talk to him, I'll be fine," she whispered, her voice already sounding a little drowsy as her body was falling unconscious in to a deep sleep.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 1:56 pm

He took the empty bowl and placed his own on top. He had found out the hard way how stacking plates and bowls had unpleasant surprised of there was anything in the bottom. She laid down and he placed the bowls down for a moment as he laid down by her side. He wanted to make sure she was sleeping nicely before he went. Once she seemed to have fallen asleep he went to the kitchen with the bowls, placing them on the kitchen counter. Then he went to the livingroom if the seraph was there. Well regardless he would go there, but maybe look a bit awkward if he had to approach the seraph.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 3:56 pm

Vinnie was lounging on the couch, his bowl empty as he had placed it on the coffee table. The TV was on, but he wasn't watching it, instead busy with his phone. However he could almost hear the other waiting to say something, sighing as he turned his screen black to look at him. "Go on ... Yell at me for being a dickhead," he said with a sigh. He knew he wasn't a good guy right now, he just got frustrated when all Gaspar seemed to care about was that gods damned woman! He was right here all the time, didn't that count for everything. "No, you know what, I'm allowed to be frustrated in this," he got up shaking his head as he looked at Gaspar, "I really fucking care about you, Gaspar, but all you want to do is be around her, and when she's not here it's like I'm just the next best thing to cuddle up to." Vinnie wasn't a bad guy, he was just hurt. Hurt that Gaspar insisted on being so selfish when it was clear that he was just stringing both of them along. "I tried ... I really tried making this a triad that could work, but as soon as she is present it's like you forget all about me."
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 4:10 pm

Yell? No Gaspar didnt want to yell. He could barely talk, he wasnt even going to bother with yelling. Vinnie seemed to change his mind and got up, Gaspar just listening. He however didnt see it as Vinnie saw it at all. The next best thing? No, Gaspar wouldnt say that the seraph was that. The shifter was just not happy when he didnt have both of them. It was the same when Hunter was around and Vinnie was gone. But it just seemed that Hunter was more understanding. Vinnie couldnt know what was going on when he wasnt there either. “H-how… how I.. make better for you?” He asked, still looking down. He was clenching around his own shirt just to feel the soft fabric crumble up, in an attempt to self-soothe. “I-I go?” He then asked, feeling his lip quiver. “Cat all.. my life. Hu..man… few days.” He stammered feeling a little choked up. “Love dog. Love Vinnie. No above… no under.”
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 4:18 pm

Vinnie just felt like he was being ignored, but of course he couldn't know what was going on when he wasn't here. He didn't see that side of things, and perhaps he even presumed it didn't happen. Gaspar started talking about leaving but he just sighed, shaking his head as he sat back down. He didn't want him to leave. It was dangerous out there for a guy who barely knew how to cut anything but tomatoes. "Come over here," he just sighed as he heard him starting to choke up. If he did he would pull him down in his lap, wrapping his arms around him, stroking his back calmingly. "I only get this way because I care about you so much," he admitted, closing his eyes to bury in the shifter's shirt, breathing in his scent to calm down. That always seemed to work.
He took a little time to calm down, but he didn't give up on trying to soothe Gaspar as well. "If you want both of us ... Then we have to figure this out or we're just going to keep hurting each other," he said, pulling his face away from Gaspar's chest to look up at him. His hand lifting to cup his face, drying off his cheek if he had cried a little, "Maybe ... Maybe we should have a night where the three of us figure this out?"
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 4:33 pm

He was choking up and crying but that was just because he didnt know how to hold back. It just felt like a big ball of hurt in his stomach and sobbing somehow soothed it. Vinnie sat back down and Gaspar came over as he was told to. He sat down in the tall guy’s lap, leaning a little towards him while he was still looking down and away. He listened to him, blinking a few times as the tears annoyed him, mostly because they wouldnt roll down his cheeks and let him see. He just felt the seraph sit there with his head against his shirt, stroking his back in soothing motions.
Vinnie was right. They did have to figure something out and how it could work. He leaned into the hand that held his face, sniffling while he still didnt quite look at him. The suggestion seemed simple. But would it work? Gaspar didnt know. He didnt even really think. “Okay.” He agreed. Then he finally looked the seraph in the eyes. He had so much he wanted to say and no words to say them with. Maybe that was why he found it easier to communicate with Hunter. And why Vinnie felt so left out. “H-how.. I make.. happy now?”
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 5:34 pm

When Gaspar asked what could help make him happy right now he sighed, letting his thumb caress the shifter's cheek. "If you would look at me," he just stated. It wasn't like he was blind to how he acted or where he looked. He actually found himself noticing it more and more. Was he afraid of him? When those yellow eyes finally met his own, he breathed out, "are you afraid of me?" he asked rather honestly. He didn't want to be a cause of distress for him, even if he actually was with his emotional outbursts. He was perhaps more akin to a greedy kid who only wanted Gaspar to himself. "I don't want you to fear that I'll send you away or something, alright; Even if I get angry it's more at myself and how I'm handling a situation."
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 6:04 pm

Look at him? He already had. Wouldnt the seraph just get annoyed with him? So many thoughts and yet eventually he looked at him again, careful, even if the seraph was caressing his cheek. “Dont.. want hurt.” He said, hoping the seraph would understand. How the last thing Gaspar wanted was to cause him any hurt. He however listened and leaned a little closer to the seraph, placing his forehead on his shoulder, closing his eyes. “If I.. cat. Then no an..gry.. no.. fear.” He said in a lowered tone. Was it really that weird that he felt like he was to blame? None of this would’ve been this way if he had just remained a cat. “But… Hu-..man now. I.. kiss. I hold.. Love.” He said as a sort of reality check. Sure if he had stayed a cat, everything would’ve been fine. But it wasnt like there were only bad sides to being a human now. “I.. be…be… be-…long..” he had to have a break, gritting his teeth at the frustrating words that wouldnt form with his thoughts. Instead he lifted his index and pressed it to the seraph’s chest. He had been taught to point but hadnt found use for it before.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 8:27 pm

Vinnie listened to him, surprised that he was actually speaking when he so usually would just rub his face against his or purr. But this was actually a sign for the seraph that the shifter took him seriously. Of course the frustration got to Gaspar in the end, but he shushed him softly, pulling his face down to his, letting their lips meet in a tender kiss. "I know, you belong with me ... But you also belong with Hunter; And I will try and behave, alright?" he said against his lips, opening his eyes as he pulled away slowly, watching his face. He lifted his other hand too, cupping his head between his hands, wiping his cheeks from tears.
"Come on ... Go on in and snuggle up to her; I'll be there in a few," he promised. He could see how tired Gaspar truly was, and he knew that Hunter was probably already sleeping. He turned off the TV and if the shifter got up he would as well, taking his bowl to the kitchen. Emptying whatever remained in the bowls in to the bin, he placed them in the sink before heading in to the bedroom to join the two.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 8:53 pm

He really did try for the seraph’s sake. So being shushed and pulled down for their lips to meet felt quite relieving of all the frustration inside. He kissed him back, grabbing a bit of a soft hold on his shirt. He looked at him with soft teary eyes, listening to the sweet words. He did belong with the both of them. So he wanted to create some sort of harmony now to make life better for everyone. Vinnie told him to go to her, but despite being tired, he felt like he needed to be kind to the seraph. So he did get up and opt to go to bed after having gone to the bathroom to prepare. His body felt tired. And yet not really. It was a weird feeling. He would join Vinnie in the bedroom, coming over to help him with his belt and pants. Show that he could be helpful and nice too and not just the angry hissing refuse-to-eat shifter that had a mopey look every minute he remembered that one of his favorite people were missing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Growing Tensions
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Eastern District :: Eastern living quarters-
Jump to: