Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Growing Tensions

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Kit

Kit

Full name : Christopher "Kit" Ellis

Growing Tensions - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 3:55 pm

Vinnie went to go get the deck of cards, opening a few cupboards before he found it. Returning, he ruffled up Gaspar's hair before he sat down at the other end of the couch so he could look at him. Shuffling the cards, he told the rules of the games, that were fairly simple; the person starting would start gathering a specific card number and if the other player didn't have it on hand, they would say go fish. "I know fish is a word you're really good at, but I think this might help you," Vinnie showed each number, telling him of the cards and so on. "Are you up for it?" they could always start with a few practice rounds.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

Full name : Gaspar
Quote : Meow ∩(・ω・)∩

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:31 pm

Vinnie sat down and he watched him and the cards. When the seraph explained the game, it seemed simple enough. Gaspar at least didnt think it sounded too complicated. But the fact that he couldnt read or really understand letters and numbers would probably get in the way once they really began. He nodded as Vinnie showed the cards, though there was no way that he would remember all of them. But he remained positive and curious. “Fish.” He said, smiling a little as he said the word. He grabbed one of the cards and looked at it. He didnt remember what it was supposed to be. He however didnt want to seem dumb so he nodded.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 9:15 pm

Vinnie narrowed his eyes, unsure if Gaspar had caught the gist, especially as he picked up a card when he had said fish. But for now he could let it slide. The practice rounds didn't go too well, and Vinnie wasn't sure what to do to deescalate the temper tantrum the shifter might make if he didn't think of something clever. However it was cute to see how Gaspar was trying, it didn't seem like he was having that much fun. Placing his cards down, he looked at the shifter, "I'm sorry," he apologized with a small frown. He felt stupid now. But it wasn't like he could relate much to the shifter - he couldn't read or write. Hell sometimes he wished he could just get Gaspar to magically lean a lot of things. But it wouldn't be so easy. "I thought it would make sense for you ... But you look more confused than ever, bud," he reached out, cupping his cheek, hoping that the touch would soothe a little. Maybe something more simple would be better, and he knew that Gaspar as a cat had been very clever. But as a human? Maybe not so much. "How about ... We buy you some good games when we go out; Some that are better for you?" he suggested, thinking that maybe puzzles could be fun or perhaps a memory game.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 9:42 pm

They tried a couple of practice rounds but Gaspar couldnt remember what number was what. He ended up saying the wrong thing over and over until he showed the card, a little frustrated with himself. He definitely didnt enjoy go fish at all. His cheeks were burning as he felt warm with frustration as Vinnie called it quits. He didnt want to act out too much but he was quite clearly agitated. Vinnie apologized and he looked down at the cards in his hands. Was he just too stupid to understand? Did Vinnie like him less for this?
He felt the hand on his cheek and sniffled softly. He missed Hunter. But he was also so worried that Vinnie disliked him. The suggestion made him frown a little and he pulled from Vinnie’s hand, turning away from him, hugging his own legs a little as he scowled. It was a great suggestion but Gaspar was maybe a littoe too overwhelmed to look ahead than simply stay in this moment of dismay.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 8:27 am

Vinnie sighed as Gaspar moved away from his touch, just getting up and grabbing his pack of cigarettes before moving over to the window. He opened it, sitting down in a the sill before placing the bud between his teeth. Lighting it took very little, inhaling to get his rush of nicotine, which the lack of made him irritated. He closed his eyes, leaning his head back and taking a few minutes just to calm down. He was trying not to yell. Trying to be understandable and kind like Hunter, but he was just getting more and more frustrated. "I know you wish Hunter was here to baby you," he muttered, sucking on his cigarette as he felt a sour taste in his mouth. He knew he had promised to try, but Gaspar was always so gods damned moody! Breathing out, the heavy smoke followed, lingering around his lips as he turned his head to look outside. It was quite a beautiful day out there, but he felt stuck in here with the shifter. To be fair he felt stuck in life, but Gaspar was just the one whom he could put blame on right now.
"I know you think you got it hard ... But fucking imagine for one second how hard this is on me and Hunter," he said turning his head to look at him, being rather genuine. "I know she'll never complain, fuck, sometimes I wonder if she never runs out of patience .. But your mood swings are just as bad as mine."
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 9:57 am

Gaspar remained as Vinnie got up. He just kept looking away, hugging his legs close. The card game had really reminded him that he wasnt good enough. He was a stupid cat that knew nothing. And he wanted to go back to being a cat again. He hadnt felt that feeling in a while. Vinnie’s mutter made him look at him. Just for a few seconds and then he looked away again. He didnt say anything but just sat there. Even as Vinnie pointed out how him and possibly Hunter might be feeling about all this as well. He felt something in his stomach. A bad feeling that really hurt. Sniffling he kept sitting there. Because it didnt occur to him that he could say something back or remove himself from the situation when it made him feel this way. No, he would just sit there and take it. Look miserable in the meantime as well. He was quiet for a while, before he finally said something. “Go out… I stay.” - because there was no way that he felt like going now. No, he felt like he wanted to hide away, forever if he could.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 1:03 pm

Was he just going to sit there and take it? Vinnie grit his teeth, biting down on the bud of his cigarette before flicking it out the window. He got up, closing the window after him before going over to Gaspar, grabbing his chin to force his face upwards. He didn't know if the shifter's eyes would follow, but he looked at his face regardless. "What do you really want me to do?" because leaving Gaspar he knew the shifter would hate. Vinnie didn't want him to hate him. He just wanted to understand what was going on inside of his head sometimes, and his frustration was always followed by anger. "I can't help you ... If you don't tell me what you need help with."
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 2:03 pm

He heard the seraph close the window and move, but he hadnt expected to be confronted like Vinnie was when he grabbed his chin and forced his face upwards. The cat looked up at him with tears having built up in his eyes. He reached up to grab at his arms, lightly pulling at them. He wanted most of all to the comforted now, to not feel the gnawing feeling in his stomach that made his chest tense up. He didnt even know what he needed help with. Probably to not feel so stupid and useless.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 2:10 pm

Vinnie felt the pull, sighing as he didn't feel like he even had the power to deny him anything when he had been the asshole. He leaned down, pressing his lips to the shifter's forehead, closing his eyes. "I'm sorry bud .. I just really want to help you .. I love you," he muttered in soothing noises, wrapping his arms tightly around Gaspar, holding him close to him as they moved to lay down on the couch. He just held him, wanting to be there for him. "I've never loved anyone like you .. I'm just trying to do it right, but I'm so stupid."
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 5:48 pm

He leaned towards the kiss, shivering a little from the feeling inside of him. The soothing mutter was nice and even better was the way Vinnie wrapped his arms around him and held him tight. It really did ground him as he found so much comfort in feeling closeness like that. His hands latched onto the seraph’s shirt. “Love…. Vinnie.” He whispered, hiding his face away in his chest. It took him a bit before he seemingly calmed down again and was ready to sit up. He looked up at Vinnie. “Still… g..o… out?”
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 11:23 am

Vinnie knew he wasn't good at this shit. He hadn't really been raised to really know how to be in a relationship, even less with one that had been a cat before turning to a human. He Just tried soothing him the best way he knew, holding the shifter close and just laying on the couch. The whisper made him sigh, though it felt good he also felt a little selfish as he wished he heard it more. And besides that he didn't really feel all that deserving of his love right now. As Gaspar calmed down, he moved, sitting up, but still being a bit close to him. "If you want to than we can," he wasn't going to pressure him, mostly because it seemed to just be them hitting the same dead end over and over.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 7:35 pm

“No… we- go.” He argued. He would just be mopey cat if they stuck around so it was better to go out. Who knew? Maybe he’d find some place that he liked. Or at least learn the area better. He got up and undid the sweatpants that he had stolen from the bedroom floor. He couldnt walk around outside in those. They were far too long. He instead went to go and find his own pants. Which essentially was some long denim shorts that Vinnie had given him. The legs felt a little loose but Gaspar didnt like constricting clothing anyway. Underwear was the hardest, especially the tags. Once he was dressed, he went ahead to also grab a hoodie from the closet, just in case it was cold.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 10:17 am

Gaspar got up to get dressed and Vinnie did the same after placing the dirty dishes in the sink. He put on some loose jeans, putting on a belt to keep them up before pairing it with an oversized shirt and a cardigan. Vinnie wouldn't say he had a style, he more or less just threw stuff together and hoped it looked cool. Making sure to remember his wallet and keys, he pondered whether or not he should bring his skateboard, but who was he kidding, of course he would bring it. He wasn't amazing at it, mostly falling on his ass, but he wanted to be better.
Once both of them seemed ready he got in to his shoes, tying it a little sloppily so he could help Gaspar with his shoes. Then they headed out. Vinnie made sure to lock the door behind them, and outside the weather was actually pretty nice. The sun was out and it wasn't too windy. Reaching down he took Gaspar's hand with his free one, sending him a slight smile as they started to make their way down the street. Vinnie knew his way around, but he wasn't in a hurry, just letting the shifter experience everything.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 12:47 pm

Once Vinnie was ready they moved outside. Gaspar had forgotten how loud the streets could be with turmoil and the mixtures of everyone’s daily life. He was happy that Vinnie took his hand, looking at him with soft eyes. Then they moved down the street and Gaspar looked up into the sky, frowning and squinting his eyes at the sun. But he didnt stare for too long, because that hurt. Instead he looked around, at the things they were passing. He was especially interested in the most peculiar things like a paper fan with a bird on top on a spring that waved around in the light wind. Or someone who had a cage with birds hanging out their window. It was weird to see birds in a cage when he had seen so many be free.

Eventually they got away from the resident area and he looked ahead to see a playground and what seemed to be some big holes in the ground that people used with a skateboard like Vinnie had but others had cool shoes with wheels! Gaspar looked curiously at one girl that had some really bright all around blue ones! She caught his stare and chuckled lightly as she waved at them. Gaspar shyly looked away, towards the playground where kids were on swings and other odd things. There was a lot of information for the cat to process here.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 9:59 pm

Vinnie felt giddy, just walking around, holding Gaspar's hand was helping with his mood. As they passed the skate park, a few people seemed to recognize Vinnie, yelling at him, asking him to join them, however he wanted to check in with Gaspar first. "Do you wanna come meet some new people?" he asked, mostly because he was trying to be aware of Gaspar's tendency to get overwhelmed. He would let the cat decide, and if he decided they should just keep moving, then they would do just that. However if he agreed to come meet some of the other people hanging around the skatepark they would head over.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 7:04 pm

The people calling for Vinnie made Gaspar turn his attention to them as well. Vinnie’s question made him look around once more. Maybe it was good to get used to this area to begin with. “Okay.” He agreed, letting the seraph take the lead. The girl who had the cool skates were looking in their direction. Gaspar carefully moved closer to the hole people were skating down into. It looked odd, like it didnt really belong. He let go of Vinnie’s hand if he rather wanted to catch up with his friends. He touched some sort of lamppost, feeling the cooled metal that was warm where the sun was touching. He knew he probably looked odd but frankly he didnt seem to pay much attention to people. “Is he shy?” Someone asked Vinnie, nodding towards the cat turned human. “-Nevermind that.” Someone else interrupted, “Where have you been? We havent seen you in forever, man.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2022 1:13 pm

"Yeah he's shy, but he's with me," he said, sending Gaspar a reassuring smile. This was some of his friends. Surely the cat turned human could trust them more easily, right? He looked to the one that interrupted, his face spreading in a wide grin as he wrapped his arms around the guy in a big bear hug. "Sorry mate, things have just been a big hectic, you know," he chuckled, getting in to conversation with all his pals, kinda forgetting Gaspar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2022 1:13 pm

Not far from them, on a small piece of grass, sat Rosemarie with her nose in a book. She looked a little pale, and scrawny as always, but otherwise she didn't look to have any visible bruises today. It seemed as if her brother was getting smarter in the ways he tormented her. Hearing the commotion she looked up, curious but also not one to approach such a loud group of friends. Pulling down on her sleeves she turned her eyes back to her book, remaining where she was.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 1:26 am

Vinnie spoke to his friends and Gaspar just minded his own business, though it did feel a little weird to notice how Vinnie was just completely absorbed by talking to his friends that he didnt pay attention to him any longer. Though instead of being upset, he just went around and looked, taking in the world at his own pace. That was until he saw a face he recognized. Narrowing his eyes, he moved closer, a little carefully. She was reading a book. He couldnt believe that it was her. Once he got out on the grass not long from her, he just sat down and looked at her with his yellow eyes, looking at the book too but he couldnt read so he quickly turned his eyes back up to look at her. She at least didnt have any bruises, it seemed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 EmptyWed May 25, 2022 11:04 am

Rosemarie wasn't really a social butterfly. She preferred to just sit by herself, because most people ended up either bullying her or just downright ignoring her. In fact, when some guy approached, she felt a slight panic in her body, pulling her sleeves down further as if that was going to protect her. Keeping her eyes on her book she eventually couldn't keep her concentration any longer as she felt eyes on her. Looking up she was quite surprised to see the yellow pair staring at her, folding her book closed she frowned. "Can I help you?" she asked a little standoffish, not letting herself get hurt on purpose that was for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Growing Tensions   Growing Tensions - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Growing Tensions
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Eastern District :: Eastern living quarters-
Jump to: