Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Finding a balance [cw] EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Finding a balance [cw] EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Finding a balance [cw] EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Finding a balance [cw]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

Finding a balance [cw] Empty
PostSubject: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 11:33 pm

Outfit
@Baal <33
Content warning: Sexual content ahead
______

Buffy was walking home from the Institute, yawning as she cuddled her coat closer. She had been up late last night, texting with Baal. The night of revelations, as she had come to call it, had ended with her crying herself to sleep. She had needed to get those emotions out, just to say she was able to get over it. However as the weeks had passed, she hadn't found it much easier. But it was easier when she tried not thinking too much about it. The tone of their texts hadn't really changed much, and she was very happy about that. She took out her phone, feeling her fingers stiff up at the cold that hit them, but she managed to text him that she was heading home. They had seen each other rather frequently, talking walks mostly, because Buffy was afraid of being alone with him. Not scared that he would hurt her, but that she would end up hurting herself. She decided to text Xander as well, letting him know she would stop by the store to grab some soup for dinner. Walking in to the supermarket she grabbed a small basket walking down the aisles. She frowned a bit as Xander usually replied with things he needed for her to pick up as well, but maybe he was just heads deep in his studies, and she couldn't blame him. Biting her lip she considered if she should pick up some cat food for Juno while she was at it. It seemed like the demon forgot from time to time, and the alley cat couldn't live off of deli meat forever. She texted Baal, letting him know she was stopping by.

[Messages between Baal and Buffy]
[Buffy:] Hi, Imma pick up some food for Juno
[Buffy:] The brand she had a few weeks ago, what was that called?
[Buffy:] It made her fur so pretty and soft

Last edited by Buffy on Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 11:56 pm

Some time had passed since they agreed on being friends, and Baal kept thinking it was for the best, thinking that this way the feelings would dull down and fade away. Only that they didnt. He could try and stick to texting, but as soon as he’d see her for their walks, it was hard to not walk up and kiss her, though he did well when he just reminded himself of the penalty for recklessness. He began to despise his memory and a part of him wished he had never witnessed it just so he could live in an oblivious state till it would come back and bite him in the ass.
It had been a while since their last talk-n-walk and he had started to miss her more than he should have. He started waiting for texts before they’d come, feeling anxious if he didnt hear about how she was feeling or her day. He had been at the temple to consult the priests about some daemonic-related matter that he half-heartedly had gotten himself into just to distract his mind. He took out his phone and read her message as he raised an eyebrow. He started typing a reply.

[Messages between Baal and Buffy]
[Baal:] Goodday.
[Baal:] Uhhh. I think it was Wundertundra or something along those lines.
[Baal:] Are you dropping by?

He bit his lip a little, not sure if excited or anxious. He placed his phone back in his pocket, looking for his car as he rarely walked to the temple. It was just too far of a walk.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 8:19 am

Buffy walked down the aisles as she felt her phone buzz. At first she thought it was Xander, but she couldn’t stop herself from smiling once she saw it was Baal. She grabbed a can of soup, then walked to the small section where they stored cat food.

[Buffy:] Yeah, but it won’t be before after dinner
[Buffy:] It’s sibling night, so me and Xander are probably just gonna eat some soup before he has to return to his studies
[Buffy:] Is that alright?

She felt a little nervous, mostly because the last time she had come to his apartment she had left with a cloud over her head and needles in her heart. However she wanted to see him, and with the weather getting colder she couldn’t stand to be outside much. Buffy didn’t have a car, mostly because she didn’t feel like she needed it. She was within walking range of most anything. However the walk to Baal was a little longer than somewhere else, but she didn’t complain.

[Buffy:] My brother is starting to ask questions about you
[Buffy:] I don’t know what to say

She took a deep breath, grabbing the cat food that he had written the name of before walking to the cashier. Paying for it all, she grabbed a bag as well, carrying the groceries in her arms until she reached her and her brother’s shared apartment. Unlocking the door she called out, frowning a bit as she didn’t hear a reply, but maybe he just hadn’t gotten home yet.

[Buffy:] Home alone
[Buffy:] What ever will I do? *chuckle*
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 12:19 pm

He got to his car but before he got inside, his phone buzzed and he just ended up standing there by the door to the front seat, smiling like an idiot at his phone. He knew he shouldnt be, but he was all by himself now, so couldnt he just let the emotion he felt slip by for now? They hadnt dulled down, but he had accepted that they were there and he couldnt do much about them being there - At least that was what he thought.

[Baal:] Yeah that’s completely fine. From what you’ve told me your brother is always so busy, so its nice that you have some time together.

He sighed as he now had to figure out what they were supposed to do. He wasnt sure if she already had something in mind, but he’d rather be safe than sorry. He got into the car, leaning back as he looked back at his phone to see that she was typing. He just decided to sit and wait for her message as he didnt text and drive. He raised an eyebrow as her text appeared, not really sure what she should tell him either.

[Baal:] Well. Does he know what I am?

He thought that question was the most crucial for him to know what to tell her. He leaned his head back against the headrest. He looked down at his phone again.

[Baal:] Either way, he shouldnt worry. We agreed to being friends, as surprising as it may be for him to believe.

Maybe that was a little harsh to put out in a monotone text, he did feel a bitter taste in his mouth. It sucked being friends, if he had to admit it, at least after what had happened that day in his apartment. He drove home, thankful that the traffic wasnt crowded but it probably just was him being lucky. Normally the roads in the center always seemed so busy. He got to his part pf the district, parking his car as his phone buzzed in his pocket. He read her message, looking a little confused at the display. He glanced up at his apartment as he noticed light inside, raising his eyebrow a little. He looked down at his phone again as he walked to his door.

[Baal:] You could read a book. Or tell me about your day? Though, I have a feeling that Daniel is at my place, so I might not be available till we meet.

He frowned a little sending his message as he got into his apartment and sure enough there Daniel stood in the kitchen, munching on some chocolate cereal that he left there the last time to ensure there would be snacks. Baal sighed as he closed the door, yet he sent his friend a smile.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 3:46 pm

Buffy hadn't really told Xander much, but it wasn't because she didn't want to. She just wanted to tell about it in the most careful way. The rest of her family was mostly seraphim, except her father's side, which were human. Sighing as she finished up the shopping she answered.

[Buffy:] I haven't really had the chance
[Buffy:] I want to tell him everything, because I want you to be able to stop by if you have the time
[Buffy:] But I also don't want him to feel uncomfortable in his own home
[Buffy:] ...
[Buffy:] It's quite the predicament

She moved out to the streets heading home. She read his text about just being friends, and she felt the corners of her mouth go downwards. It was what they had decided upon, but she felt like it was more forced than anything. Whenever she saw him she wanted to run in to his arms and hide her face in his chest, but that wasn't what friends did. When he smiled at her, she wanted to lean in and kiss him, but that wasn't what friends did either. It was hard for her, because being used to following her emotions was all she knew, and this was restricting in so many ways. The worst part was that she felt like the more she got to know him, the more she wanted to be with him as more than a friend. However she did try to hide those emotions, but sometimes she would slip up. She would rest too long in a hug, because she was distracted by his scent or she would react over and take his hand. It was innocent, she told herself, but it was borderline flirtation. She placed the can of soup on the tabletop, looking at his text with a smile on her lips.

[Buffy:] Alright I might just tidy up the apartment a bit
[Buffy:] Tell him I said hi

She chuckled a bit to herself because she had barely met Daniel, only heard how he was and looked from Baal's stories. She tapped her finger a bit against the screen, biting her lower lip as she pouted a bit. Then she heard the door lock turn, making her put on a smile. "Hi, I bought soup, I thought it would be good for getting some heat in to our bodies," Buffy said as she looked at Xander coming in. He didn't look too well and that was when she noticed his eyebrow being torn and the blood on his lip. Her eyes widened, walking to him with hasty breath as she helped him to sit down, starting to find the first aid kit. She placed her phone on the counter, she didn't have time to reply.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 4:35 pm

He wasnt sure how he felt about her not having told her brother about him. But was he really allowed to feel a little sad that she hadnt? They had chosen this or he had chosen it for the both of them. Probably why his next text was him clarifying it once again. Didnt feel great but necessary somehow. Daniel sent him a big smile as he munched on the cereal, Baal felt his phone buzz but he couldnt check it right away. Daniel raised an eyebrow as he clearly heard the phone, “You not gonna answer that buddy?” He said with a teasing smile, which made Baal groan. “Oh come on, you like her and she likes you. What’s gonna happen?” He asked. Baal shrugged with a frown, which made Daniel click his teeth, “You’re acting like someone out of a time where prevention wasnt invented,” he flashed a teethy smile as he walked past Baal to the livingroom, throwing himself on the couch like he owned the place. He reached out for Juno to scratch her behind the ear, but the cat didnt like him much. He couldnt figure out why. Baal stood lingering in the kitchen as he finally checked his phone.

[Baal:] Didnt even need to. He said hi back before I could tell him.
[Baal:] Have you started cleaning yet?

He went back to Daniel, sitting down next to him as he lifted Juno up in his lap, making Daniel look at her with hurtful eyes though he was just jesting, “She really doesnt like me, huh?” He asked Baal with a small smile. Baal looked from Daniel to Juno before he made a small shrug, “She doesnt like a jackass,” he said with a small smile. Daniel scoffed as he eyed Juno for a bit before looking ahead, grabbing the remote for the tv. Baal checked his phone only to see that Buffy hadnt replied. It seemed off, he could just feel it.

[Baal:] You alright?
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 5:25 pm

Buffy heard her phone buzz, but she was busy cleaning up Xander's face, frowning worried as her brother started speaking in a slurred and heartbroken voice. "I was just walking down the street, and as I went around the corner, they just jumped me," he said, shaking a bit and wincing as he felt his sister clean his wounds. Buffy felt herself bite her lower lip as she looked at him. [color=#9370DB]"Who were they?" she asked carefully, but she was afraid to hear the answer. "A group of daemons ... They thought it would be fun," he replied with a scoff, but the sadness in his eyes made Buffy well up. Xander sighed, placing a hand against her cheek, wiping away a stray tear. "Don't cry, I'm alright," he promised, smiling at her trying to make her smile in return. Buffy broke down, leaning down and sitting by his legs, hiding her face away in his lap. Xander stroked her hair, looking at her with a sad expression. He hated seeing her hurt. It was like all the warmth in the room disappeared. "Why ... Why does this world have to be like this?" she whimpered between her sobs, feeling her body just give in to the emotions she was feeling. It had been built up, and now she had opened the floodgates, crying and whimpering in to her brother's lap as if it would solve anything. Xander sighed, feeling himself well up too. He wanted to take away her pain, but he knew she wouldn't let him. "The world isn't easy, we were taught as much," he said. He needed to be the big brother in this, not just someone who could listen, but someone who could reply to her questions. But why did he feel at such a loss. "I know you've been seeing that daemon," he said, his voice a bit distant. He didn't like it, but he hadn't told their family. Buffy whimpered, pressing her face against his thigh as she felt like a scolding was coming on. "Does he treat you right?" Xander asked, his voice strained as he didn't like thinking about this. He didn't like thinking of his sister being with someone like that, but he out of most of his family could at least understand. He knew Buffy better than anyone, could read her like an open book. "Does he ... By Verity ... Does he make sure you're not in harms way?" he asked, wanting to hear his sister speak. Some said that twins had an innate understanding of each other, that they were connected deeper than any types of siblings, and that had always seemed to be the truth with the two of them. "I ... I think I like him more than as a friend ... I know I can't be with him ... I just ..." she said between her sobs.

After Buffy had opened up, they made sure to cover up Xander's bruises and placing bandaids over the wounds he had on his face. He hadn't said anything. Buffy had cried and then they had continued mostly in silence. She started preparing the dinner, heating up the soup, sniffling a bit. Looking at her phone she sighed while reading the texts.

[Buffy:] I'm not alright

She leaned her forehead against the overhead cupboard, taking a few deep breaths. She was considering everything. Was she just fooling herself? Was she grasping at straws just hoping that some miracle would happen.

[Buffy:] Xander got jumped... He's alright, but he knows
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 6:03 pm

Daniel just sat there laughing at the tv with joy at whatever was going on, some comedy show or something, but Baal couldnt consentrate on actually figuring out what was going on as he just kept glancing at his phone, impatiently tapping his foot on the floor. Daniel noticed and it just made him sigh deep and loudly as he turned his head from the tv to Baal, “Is this what you’re gonna be like now? Tense and boring?” He said with an annoyed tone. Baal frowned at him as he placed Juno between them before getting up, “It clearly wont get easier,” he said as he returned the frown that Baal was making. The daemon shrugged as he went out to the kitchen to grab a vial of soul, feeling like he couldnt just being still in his apartment. Daniel always had an annoying way to present his advice like it was just as simple as he put it, but it didnt feel simple at all. Baal placed the empty vial on the kitchen counter to then place his palms against the cold metal to lean a little forward. He placed his forehead against the cupboard, closing his eyes but it was just her in his mind. He leaned a little back before he banged his head against the wood, it wasnt hard enough to be bad, but it did make Daniel jump right up from the couch to hurry out in the kitchen. Baal felt stupid as he turned to feel the wood against the back of his head, looking at Daniel with an empty expression, “You’re bleeding asshat,” Daniel hissed as he grabbed a towel for hands that he wet under the sink before he threw it to Baal. The daemon sighed as he grasped the cold cloth, lifting it to wipe off the blood from his forehead. He could feel that it was just a spot on his scalp, so it would be hidden behind the curls. He looked at his phone as she hadnt replied yet. He sighed hopelessly just as the screen lit up in his hand. “Dont make me come out there to kick your ass,” Daniel yelled from the living room. Baal pressed the cloth to his head as he started typing his message rather slow, feeling too worried to care for Daniel’s warning.

[Baal:] Why? What happened?

He held his breath a little as he made a grimace at the small wound. He returned to the livingroom, stopping in the door as her message buzzed.

[Baal:] Knows? About us?

He frowned a little confused. Wasnt they just friends? Daniel looked up at him with those judgemental eyes that only that damn blonde could make when he knew he was right.

[Baal:] Buffy... I

He wasnt sure what he had been about to write but it didnt matter, because Daniel had other plans, snatching the phone before Baal could finish, sending a clear draft as he instead called her. He placed the phone at his ear as he started keeping Baal at a distance with his arm. The guys ended up rolling around on the floor but Daniel was the fighter, so Baal was easily locked in the blonde’s free arm. “Come on.... pick up..” Daniel said to the phone. “Hi Buffy. It’s Daniel, you’ve probably heard of me but not been lucky enough to meet me in person. Anyway anyway, not the point. Baal or Belial, whichever way you know him, hasnt been the same since making acquaintace with you, and frankly it’s getting on my nerves. So I’d like for you two to figure out what this whole mess is going to be or the elders help me with what I’ll do,” he said which would either be to her or the answering machine. Baal broke free and snatched the phone hanging up before he stared at Daniel with angry eyes.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 6:23 pm

Buffy covered her mouth as she saw his text demanding answers. She felt like she didn't know how to explain. Seraphim and daemons fighting was part of the daily life in Churchill, but this was too close to home. She stirred the pot, making sure the soup wouldn't get burnt to the bottom Then came another ping and she saw as Xander entered the room, leaning against the doorframe. He looked at his sister, frowning as he saw how she felt so torn. He knew that things had never been easy for her, trying to fit in to a family so different from herself. Then the phone started ringing, but Buffy hung up, shaking her head. She couldn't. She couldn't listen to him without feeling her heart beat in the way it wasn't allowed to. Then the message with the voicemail popped up and she looked at it before picking it up, holding it to her ear. She whimpered once more, because it wasn't even Baal speaking. Why wasn't he the one calling her? Daniel spoke of Baal having changed since meeting her, but she couldn't believe it. Mostly because she was too caught up in what could've been. What they could have been if they were both born in the same race, or at least in races without so strict rules.

Xander sighed, walking over to grab the phone before he called the last number. He held it calmly to his ear, Buffy reaching out, trying to grab it, but she seemed like she had already given up. Would he pick up? "Listen up, this is Xander," he said in a cold and calm voice. Buffy shook her head, walking away to just stare in to the soup. "Now, frankly, I never wish my sister to be with anything but goodness, and right now, you are hurting her," he said coldly. He was not accepting what was going on, but seeing his sister hurt because she thought she wasn't allowed to care for someone was stupid in his eyes. "So you better get your ass over here, or you are never to speak to her again," he said firmly. Buffy looked rather shocked at her brother. "Xander, please," Buffy whimpered, feeling so hurt that she couldn't even fight him for his words. She just didn't want to hurt anymore. "I'm giving you an hour, one hour and if you're not here by then, I'll make sure that she will never need to find you again, alright?" he said before hanging up.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 6:41 pm

He couldnt believe that Daniel had just done that, he could barely figure out what to tell him. “That was over the line,” he just said in an angry tone, staring at his phone as Daniel scoffed and shook his head, “It’s nowhere near enough... you guys nee..” he was stopped as the phone started ringing, Baal moved his eyes down to the screen as he looked at Daniel with a warning look as he decided to pick up. He opened his mouth to speak but it wasnt her voice that spoke to him, but the cold one of a male’s. Baal closed his mouth as he kept quiet to let the cold voice of Xander scold him, swallowing hard as he wasnt sure what to say. He didnt want her to hurt, since when had it ever been the notion that he wanted it? “Tell me where and I’ll be there,” he just said in a numb tone, rubbing his temple with his free hand. He just stared out into the room for a bit as Xander hanged up on him, before he just got up from the floor and stormed out. He didnt even get to put on his jacket as he just ran with his phone in his hand, which may have looked weird to people around him.
He felt the cold stronger now, it wasnt hurting him but his limbs felt a little stiffer, but he just kept running. He got to the address, looking at the names before clicking the button that would alert them that he was there. Only that he was lucky when an old lady left the door, letting him in. He got to the apartment, knocking on the door and even though he felt like he had ran far over his limit in the short amount of time that he had had, he couldnt allow himself to catch his breath now. His heart was in his throat as he felt so conflicted and yet so determined - Xander had presented him with now or never, so now it was. He wasnt sure who would open, but he was hoping it would be her.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 7:08 pm

Xander gave him the address, hanging up as he handed the phone to Buffy. "If he's not here in an hour, he's not worth crying about anymore," he said in a rather serious manner. Buffy took the phone, looking at the time before she looked up at her brother. "You ... You shouldn't have done that," she said in a weak voice, looking down as she was afraid. Afraid that now that Baal had the choice he was not going to choose her. He was going to forget about her and move on, and she would live her short life to the end never knowing what that feeling could turn in to. Xander sighed, walking to her sister and placed a kiss against her forehead. "I did this because whomever thinks that it's okay to toy with your heart is not good enough for you," he said in a serious voice. He exhaled, closing his eyes as he was still pretty messed up from the beating and that cold phone call had taken almost all of the energy he had left. "I'll go to bed, but I will be listening, you know that," he said in a serious voice, looking in to the matching set of green eyes that his sister bore. Identical to his own, well except for the flames. "You need to eat," Buffy protested, quickly finding a bowl and a spoon for him, filling the bowl. "Take it to your room and I promise I will yell if I need you," she said, looking as the bowl exchanged hands. Xander gave his sister a smile before he let her be.

Buffy felt herself walk in circles. Then she heard the buzzer. She went to answer it, but soon she heard the knock on the door. She felt her heart beat faster. Had he come? She walked to the door, looking at the daemon standing there in front of her, and a single tear ran from her eye as she looked at him. Reaching out she wrapped her arms around him, holding herself close as that was all she wanted. She sobbed into his chest, her fingers pulling at his cold shirt as she just held herself close to him. "I'm sorry ... I can't ..." she sobbed against his chest. "I can't be your friend," she said feeling her heart too heavy for her to bear. She was starting to shake now, her emotions running over as she could barely find her words.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 7:42 pm

When she opened the door, he looked at her, watching the tear roll down her cheek before she reached out. He followed her as he wrapped his arms around her tight and felt her warmth. He hadnt been bothered by the cold before but he just wanted her close and feel her warmth. He let her sob as he buried his face in her blonde hair, inhaling her scent that he had missed so dearly since he always kept his distance before. He lifted his head at her words, lifting a hand to place his hand on her cheek, looking into her eyes. “I cant be your friend either,” he said in a sad tone as he felt himself well up a little. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath trembling with emotion before he leaned down to greet her lips with his own, kiss so tender and filled with a vulnerability that he had hid all this time. His stomach filled with butterflies and his heart hadnt stopped racing from running here. He pressed her closer as he kissed her again. But no kisses could solve this, that much he knew, he just needed to feel her lips as they had denied themselves for so long. “I want to be yours,” he said in a low tone, pressing his forehead to hers. He closed his eyes, trying to catch his breath as he waited her response.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 8:05 pm

He knew what she meant by those words, she just knew, and as he returned her sentence she knew. There were two ways this could turn out; Either they put the world's rules aside or they let the rules tear them apart. She begged in her mind that it was going to be the first of the options. She felt his hand on her cheek, looking up at him, but as soon as their lips touched her eyes fell shut, leaning in to the tenderness. Her head was spinning, her stomach a storm and her body in bliss. Returning the kiss in a tender movement, she let herself feel those emotions, clinging herself to him, but this time her hands were more holding on to feel him close, not because she was afraid he would leave. He broke the kiss, but soon he kissed her again, making her sigh with relief before he pulled away again. Her eyes opening as he spoke. A faint smile on her lips at what he was saying. "And I want to belong to you," she replied, feeling a little choked up as he placed his forehead against hers. She could feel how cold he was, pulling a bit at him to come inside, closing the door with her foot as elegantly as she could. "You're freezing," she whispered. Could a daemon feel the cold like she could? Her hands ran up, cupping his face as she leaned away carefully. Looking at him with tender eyes, she swallowed, leaning in to kiss him gently. Her heart was beating so fast, she felt like it might break out of it's cage, but for now he was the only one that could keep her together like this. "I feel like we need to talk ... About all of this; But first I want you to get some warmth," she said in a caring voice.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 8:28 pm

He followed her pull, but he just wanted to stay close to her, even if he could feel the cold in his joints making his body feel stiff. He couldnt get sick so it wasnt dangerous for a daemon to get cold. He felt her warm hands cup his face and he looked into her green eyes as she leaned back. “I’ll be fine,” he assured her in a softspoken tone, placing a hand over his as he just looked at her. He didnt want her to worry that much about him because he felt more worried about her and her hurting. Was she still hurting though their lips had clashed so beautifully? He searched her eyes till she placed a gently kiss on his lips. He returned the gentleness as he squeezed his hand over hers, feeling so dumb for having held back all that time. “I do want to talk... now. Or more... I want to tell you about me, because I havent really in detail, the way I should have” he said seriously as he looked into her eyes. He took his hand off hers to entangle their fingers instead, looking at her as he wanted her to lead the way.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 9:05 pm

He might say she didn't need to worry, but she would do that regardless. Looking at him she just felt a whirlwind of emotions inside of herself. She felt his hand in hers, felt them entangle so easily like they just fit together like two puzzle pieces. She pulled him with her to her room, as it was separated by the living room from Xander's room. She closed the door behind him. Her room was simple, but rather cozy, pillows and blankets thrown on the floor from when she felt cold and a simple vanity with her cosmetics splayed out from her last use. Biting her lower lip she pulled him with her to the large window, a small opening making a quite large sitting place in the windowsill. Plenty of room to sit and watch the cold weather outside. It had started raining again, and she sat down, wanting him to sit down with her. "Ask me anything you'd like to know," she said, looking at him with vulnerable eyes. As he sat down she would cuddle up to him, half laying down, her small stature stretching in the windowsill on some of the soft pillows she had placed there. She looked at him, kissing his chin as she just felt like she wanted to. "In turn, tell me how old you are," she said. She knew daemons to be immortal, so was it really strange to ask for his age?
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 9:30 pm

He followed her to her room, looking around as they entered. It was weird that they had been friends but he had never been here. He followed her while his eyes looked around, small snippets he could recognize from the pictures she had sent him once in a while in their texting sprees. For some reason it wasnt that surprising that her room looked like this as it was sort of what he had had in mind with the small hints in the pictures. He nodded at her words as his mind started flowing with it’s many questions, forcing him to filter through them all. He sat down in the windowsill where he had expected a cold breeze or something but it was quite nice and isolated from the outside. He wrapped an arm around her and pressed her close as he thought about what he should ask. He could ask her anything, she had told him that. When she asked for his age, he sighed deeply as he looked at her touching her cheek, “You’d think differently of me if I told you. You’d think I’m some old man,” he said as he felt her soft skin against his fingers. But he was going to tell her since she wanted to know, “I was born sometime 800 years ago. It wasnt noted down when as my mother kept it quite hidden,” he said, seemingly strained at the mention of his mother. He leaned back against the frame to sit a little more comfortably with her cuddled up to him. “There must be a reason why your family isnt especially fond of daemons. Are you from one of the pure lines?” He then asked as he looked at her. It was something he had thought about for long, but he didnt feel like he could just ask her out of the blue.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 9:41 pm

She chuckled a bit at his words, and the way he made it sound so serious she was thinking he was several thousands of years old. "Only 800? My my, what is that in daemon years? 16 human?" she chuckled a bit in teasing, but she wasn't making light of his age. She had just never met anyone that old. Of course there were people in her family many of years older than Baal, but she had no real contact with them. They were related by blood, but she didn't know if she could call them family. His hand around her made her relax. Looking up at him she pulled a faint smile as he asked about her family. "House of Elior, on my mother's side," she said. Most daemons knew that family, known for it's strong female line of valkyries and fierce guardians. "My mother chose a human to marry, my father, and that is why my brother is a nephilim ... I, well, we don't really know why I was born a fenix," she said with a faint smile. She knew Faeth chose the families of a fenix with much purpose, but Buffy had yet to find her purpose. She reached over, her fingers running along his dark marks visible on his arms. "I know the stories of summoners, but were you born as such?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 10:03 pm

“Oh shush. We live our years like everyone else. I dont get to be 16 over and over like someone else,” he said with a faint smile as he chuckled a little, caressing her cheek gently. He didnt mind her teasing, he knew he was older than most people he met. He wasnt sure how old Daniel was, but it was probably somewhere older, he thought.
He nodded as she replied to his question, confirming his suspicion of her herritage. “It makes sense now as to why they’d dislike me,” he said as he then listened as she went to explain her parents. He chuckled a little, “I’m guessing the family wasnt happy about her choice either. Maybe it’s really just in your genes,” he pondered but he wasnt trying to tease her that much. He didnt know much about fenixes as the temple of Bael didnt teach much else than daemonology and how seraphim are the worst being to ever exist - It was quite simple teachings. But daemons didnt seem to be that bright when it came to other races.
He frowned a little at her as he looked down at the mark in his palm, to then look at her fingers trace the marks. “No. I was made into what I am,” he said in a quiet tone as he pulled her closer, feeling like her comfort made the uncomfortable feeling of revisiting the past a little easier. “Before this, I was a simple pureblood, but no one knew why. My mother was a cambion, insisting that Bael himself had blessed her with a child,” he explained as he moved his eyes away to look out into the room, his expression turning a little sorrowful, “But she never cared about her child. I didnt have a name till I was changed into this, and even then, the god thought only one name could be fitting for a child with no name. He named me Belial, burned it in my hand with this mark,” he said as he lifted his palm, the demonic letters spelling out his name, though only daemons could read the demonic language properly.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 10:22 pm

Buffy chuckled a bit, turning her lips towards his hand caressing her cheek, placing small kisses against his digits. How could this feel easy although it also seemed like everything would turn against them soon enough. So why not enjoy this? "Perhaps it runs in the family, yes, but I can't say that this feeling inside can all come from my DNA," she said in a pondering tone. Buffy was young, and some might say she was also naive. And even if she was, she wouldn't care. Following her feelings was all she knew how to, it was all the guidance she needed i her life. As he spoke of his past, she looked up at him with sad eyes. She was not pitying him, rather she felt empathetic towards his story, looking to his hand as he lifted it. She reached out, touching the lettering and mark, however she was not disgusted. In all actuality she was rather fascinated by it. "I know so little of the culture of daemons, yet the more I hear, the more I feel saddened," she confessed. "And maybe it's because my emotions are so visible to me, but to think that a mother wouldn't care about her own creation," she whispered, her voice drifting off at the last sentence as if she didn't even dare think about it. She reached over, taking his marked hand and guiding it to her face, studying the way is seemed to have a radiance to it. She placed a kiss against each letter. "Belial," she whispered against his palm. "What a beautiful name with awful meaning," she said in a saddened tone, nudging her nose against the middle of his mark. Looking up at him she smiled gently. "Well, I can already tell you that you mean more to me than I can describe; It's like you've taken what loneliness I felt and made it disappear," she said taking a deep breath. His scent could always make her relax, but it did more than that. It awoke something in her she didn't really dare think about right now. "What is your full name?" she asked, her eyes gentle and full of what could closely be described as love.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 10:50 pm

“She cared for no one else than herself and our god. As every daemon is programmed to. We dont care as much for our own if there isnt a gain in it. Somehow I believe that I for some reason am different in this, forced to overlook it all,” he said with a heavy weight to his tone as he shook his head. It was mere thoughts that had only been in his mind and now he was telling her like he had any proof of his claims - He felt dumb. He started doubting that he was much different, had it not been his selfish intention that they were now this close? The selfless, he thought had been staying away so she could be safe, but now it was all ruined and he thought that maybe he wasnt that different from the rest of his kind.
He watched her kiss each letter, tensing his jaw a little as he really hated his name with such a passion. But as she spoke it, he didnt feel angry as he would have with someone else. “You of seraphim, you’re all raised with love, respect and care for others. We’re raised with hatred, control and nothing but greed,” he said in a low tone, looking down at her as she smiled so gently up at him. He leaned down at her words and placed a kiss on her forehead, “I believe you,” he said against her skin, closing his eyes as he just seemed to relax and somehow rest in himself despite the topic. When she asked for his full name, he opened his eyes and lifted his head, frowning a little. “If you say it out loud, you could hold full control over me. I however trust you,” he said, swallowing hard as he took in a deep breath, “Belial Erebus Kharne,” he said, closing his eyes for a bit as he clenched the marked palm to a fist, feeling the dark energy within. “The marks give us away while our names are our greatest weakness. We werent meant to be among your kind, but hidden in the shadows and away from society,” he said, frowning a little as he hated the thought. “Tell me something seraphim-y. I wouldnt know what to ask,” he said as he looked at her, not really lying. Well he could ask her something the daemons always wondered but it would probably be quite offensive.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 11:17 pm

There was so much sadness to the story, at least in the way he told it. She knew daemons not to care for others, but their own kind. She was sure there must've been some sort of kinship. She smiled at his words about the seraphim way of teaching, but she felt a sour taste in her mouth. Sure she was taught to love and to care, but only for creatures that Verity deemed worthy. Buffy had always been a curious child, and once when she had asked her mother why they did not show the same love towards the daemons she seemed cold and distant. Very unlike the warmhearted mother she knew. He leaned down, kissing her forehead and a faint sigh escaped her lips. She felt it tingle where his lips had touched her, making her neck hair stand on edge. He hadn't seemed to like when she said his name, but she would just have to accept that it might've not been something he was in control of. His name. It sounded ancient, and she looked at him with wonder in her eyes. "What do you mean by control?" she asked him, raising an eyebrow at him. She wasn't going to say his name if it meant he would hurt. If it meant that he could not control what he did. She had no wish to make commands over him, and she expected simply to know what it meant to speak his name fully. He spoke of them being hidden away, and she wondered. Wondered what would've happened if he had passed her on the street and she hadn't noticed.

He asked her to tell something about the seraph part of her family, smiling at him with a small chuckle. She could see he wanted to ask something, but she spoke softly. "Well I don't really know what seraphim-y is, but I'm supposing that you want to know something sweet?" she asked, looking briefly at the ceiling above. She took a deep breath before her eyes turned back to look at him. "My mother is a valkyrie, same as my aunt, and growing up she would tell me great stories of wars way before our time; a time where Verity and Bael battled the empty fields of Gambion," she said, clearly thinking away to being that young child in her mother's presence. "My mother would always go on and on about how valiantly the seraphim fought, and while my brother cheered, I sat in my auntie's lap, frowning and pouting," she said, a faint chuckle, hiding her face against his chest. Her lips pressing gently against his shirt. "I was pouting, because I was not a seraph, but my family was; I felt lost, like I was in a grey area of where I belonged in the family," she said, a little embarrassed to admit to this. "I was not a seraph like my mother or aunt, not the same warriors in the stories they told, nor was I a human like my father and his brothers," she said, looking up at him. She took a deep breath. "I know I was never treated any differently, but I guess I felt very much excluded either way," she said, looking at him. Might he have a question for her?
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 12:40 am

“My power becomes yours to command,” he said to keep it quite short. It was dumb that the god had allowed such a thing to be able to happen, but maybe it was for the daemons to take control of a disobidient summoner if that were to happen.

When he asked for a story, he smiled a little with a scoff leaving his mouth as she asked if he meant for her to tell him something sweet. He nodded, looking down at her as he just watched her beautiful features. He leaned back to the frame of the windowsill as she started telling her story. He frowned a little at the mention of the war. He hadnt been alive when it happened but from what he had gathered over time in his life was that the daemons hadnt forgotten their losses and peace wouldnt last long. But those were things he definitely couldnt just tell her about, as it was more than confidential. He wasnt exactly a high rank in the order but his position did have him mixed up in everything that were going on.
He listened on to her story, deciding to focus more on the aspects of her in the story, smiling a little endearing at her as she hid in his shirt, “I see,” he nodded as he moved some of her hair behind her ear. He could understand what it felt like to feel like the odd one out. He had felt like it most of his life, mainly because the other daemons had had names from birth and somewhat families, some even had normal families, he had watched them as they’d come to the temple. He looked at her as she looked at him, shifting between her eyes. “I know what you mean.. well in a sense,” he said leaning down to kiss her gently. He moved back up, sighing quietly. “Do you have a sense of belonging when you’re with me then?” He asked, raising his eyebrow at her.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 12:59 am

It was silly speaking like this. She had never told anyone that she didn't feel like she belonged, but it came so natural telling Baal of it. His gentle touches and kisses made her body sing, and as he leaned down to kiss her, she prolonged the kiss somewhat, feeling her heart beat ever so fast. As he pulled away a faint whimper of a noise escaped her lips, pouting as she seemed to want more of his kisses. She knew that everything was still so new, but she really just wanted to feel his lips against hers. Was that too much to ask for? His question made her sit up a bit, frowning as she didn't quite know how to answer. She placed a hand against his cheek, letting her thumb run over his strong cheekbone. "I don't know what I feel when I'm with you," she said truthfully, because she couldn't tell quite yet what all of this was. It was like a lot of emotions mixed and squished together in to one, and she looked into his soft green eyes of his. "But my heart beats faster, my body starts gravitating towards you and I feel like I'll combust if you don't keep touching me," she said in a vulnerable voice. She pulled him closer, kissing his other cheek gently, but she didn't move away. Instead she smiled against his skin, closing her eyes and taking in his scent. "Is it strange that all I want to do is be with you?" she whispered. "I want to listen to you speak, I want to look at you when you give me that smirk of yours when you find something I do endearing and try to keep back a laugh," she said in an almost silent voice. She sighed, closing her eyes as she leaned her forehead against his. "Do you think this could have a happy ending?" she whispered.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 1:20 am

He hadnt expected her to sit up and frown at his question, looking a little confused at her as he lifted a hand to lay on the side of her head, feeling the soft strands of hair move along his skin. He leaned into her hand on his cheek, closing his eyes for a moment as he listened to her words. He knew quite clearly what he was feeling, but he could understand if she was feeling a mixture of a lot of things. Her next words took him a little by surprise, especially as she sounded so vulnerable as she spoke, opening his green eyes to look into hers. He knew more and more how wrong he had been for trapping them both in a friendship when they clearly hadnt been feeling as friends at all. She leaned closer and he felt the soft lips on his skin, making him sigh quietly in delight at the small gesture. Her whisper made him chuckle faintly, feeling her lips move against his skin made tingles run down his spine. For some reason he kept thinking of how it may feel to have her lips on his neck. Her continuation felt like a lure, drawing him closer as he leaned away from her to look into her eyes, looking a little tense as the thought of her lips had brought his mind where it shouldnt be. He shifted between her eyes as his hand on her head moved down behind her neck. Her last question made his expression soften up as he tilted his head back a little to turn his eyes shortly out the window, “No. It wont,” he said as he looked back at her. He grabbed her to pull her up on his lap, wrapping his arms around her hips as he kissed her temple, “But it’ll have a happy start and a good middle,” he then said against her temple. He wouldnt sit here and lie to her. It could only end one way.
“I either outlive you or I dont,” he said a little sourly as he felt his jaw tense at the thought. He shool his head, not wanting to be stuck in dark thoughts now. “But that’s life,” he said as he looked down at her. He æeaned down to nuzzle his nose against hers. “We’ll see what the future brings,” he made a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 1:41 am

"Well, how about we make it a fantastic middle then?" she whispered, smiling as she was now sitting on his lap. She had a knee on each side of his thighs and she scooted herself closer to him, feeling something beneath her, but she couldn't dare think about what that was. Or what it meant. As he nuzzled their noses together she couldn't help but giggle. "The future is full of surprises," she mumbled before she let her lips hover over his, but never kissing him. Her hand moved up along his chest, running her fingers along his throat in small caresses. She simply wanted to touch him, look at him, feel how he reacted to her. Her eyes flickered for a bit, looking at him as she thought of the last time they had been this close. A faint smile on her lips she chuckled a bit by a thought. "You want to hear something embarrassing?" she whispered against his lips. She felt her cheeks gain color, but she needed to tell him. Tell him of all the sleepless nights where she had closed her eyes. Where she had pretended he was the one touching her. "I have not been thinking of you as a friend for long," she said, looking down to his lips. She chuckled once more, biting her lower lip. "And I need to apologize for that," she whispered, still not kissing his lips. Instead, her lips moved down to his neck, barely pecking it as she simply hovered her lips over his skin. "So I'm sorry, but when I close my eyes when alone in my bed, I think of you," she whispered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding a balance [cw]   Finding a balance [cw] Empty

Back to top Go down

Finding a balance [cw]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Central District-
Jump to: