Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Take me or leave me - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Take me or leave me - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Take me or leave me - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Take me or leave me - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Take me or leave me - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Take me or leave me

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Andrew

Andrew

Full name : Andrew Aelius
Quote : Just mind your own fucking business and I’ll mind mine.

Take me or leave me - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take me or leave me   Take me or leave me - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 12:39 am

He noticed her mumble but didnt reply as he kept her hand in his even as they were sitting in the cab. He could imagine how she was already thinking through the possible outcomes, and whether Joaquin had gotten there first. Seeing the change from entering the northern district didnt seem to bother him at all. He was used to when Simeon was alive, how he would get them to come over and discuss “the future” like it mattered.
He looked at the big mansion, before he turned his eyes to look at Valerie. “I’ll be by your side all the way,” he assured her before they went in.
It did give off some sort of rustic home-y feel. But Andrew wouldnt know what that felt like, he hadnt even felt like his own childhood home had even been a home his entire life. Sometimes he believed that he had just been born as an adult. They went into the living room and he looked at both her parents one at a time, analyzing. He had already calculated how well he would do if a fight broke out, but he hoped it wouldnt be necessary.
He let Valerie speak and kept a solid grip on her hand, giving it a soft squeeze to remind her that he was there. He moved with her to the sofa and sat down, turning his eyes to her father - If he thought he could intimidate him, he would be wrong.
He did not like hearing her parents peotect Joaquin the way they did, it was making him angry. But he kept his calm, reminding himself that they werent here to fight, even if that was his first instinct in a situation like this. “And I want to be with your daughter,” he assured them when they looked to him, frowning a little when he found it peculiar that they couldnt just listen to their own daughter. “Even if you dont allow it, there’s no way I’d let that cocksucker of a fiancé you’ve chosen for her near her. I dont even understand why you chose someone who hurt your daughter the way he did.” He suddenly said before he realized that he was running his mouth at the time where he should have bowed his head and been obidient. He just couldnt do that. “I’m not choosing Valerie for your legacy or the money on her name. I couldnt give less of a shit. I’m an Aelius, I dont need money or some legacy,” he said to defend himself before he placed his other hand over Valerie’s in his. He looked at her. “I love her because she’s the fiercest loudmouth of a woman I’d ever met,” he said, smiling faintly at her before looking at her parents. “I didnt come here to get your blessing. And stop looking at me like your daughter cant say anything for herself,” he then said, lifting his shoulders a little.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take me or leave me   Take me or leave me - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 12:09 pm

Valerie did feel intimidated sitting here in front of her parents, the only one reminding her of her true worth was Andrew, still holding her hand and giving her reaffirming squeezes. She knew that her parents didn't see her as capable, they still saw her as a rebellious teenager, and maybe part of her still was. But with Andrew everything just felt ... right. It felt like she was finally allowed to be herself, be that wild spirit she always had inside of her. And when the daemon by her side confirmed everything she felt the warmth spreading around her body. A comforting blanket that covered her entirely and making her feel truly alive. She couldn't help but chuckle, looking down at their hands as he called her a loudmouth, smiling from ear to ear, and who could deny that she didn't look the happiest she ever had? Giving his hand a squeeze before he returned his attention to her parents. Without looking at her father, she knew he was boiling with anger - It was as if she could smell it in the air around her. But her mother? Valerie turned her gaze, looking at her mother and for the first time she could see conflict in the lycan's eyes. "Joaquin hurt you?" the mother said, her face in disbelief. The father grunted, waving his hand as he didn't see it as real. "She's a wild girl, of course they would end up fighting," he said in a firm voice. Valerie ignored her father, because she saw an opening coming from her mother's distraught face. She got up, letting go of Andrew's hand, taking a napkin from the table. She moved calmly, sitting down on the armrest next to her mother. "Take my make up off, mommy," she pleaded, handing her mother the napkin. She was afraid of showing it, but she also knew her mother had to see to believe. With shaking hand the older lycan took the napkin and slowly started removing the make up from her daughter's face. Blue and yellow bruises appearing where she wiped, making her gasp. "Joaquin is not who he pretends to be ... But both of you never listened, and you wanted me to be with him, so..." she whispered, looking down as she trailed off. One thing was letting her parents see her like this, another was knowing how angry Andrew would get from seeing her face this beat up. "I've got bruises mostly hidden ... But sometimes he can't control himself and he just ... just ...," she said, feeling tears coming in to her eyes.
"This is ridiculous!" her father bursted out, standing up and swinging his arms out to the sides. "Are we supposed to believe this when a daemon - more than capable of making these bruises - is sitting here?" he said, but this made Valerie react, standing up herself, her mother looking on in complete surprise. "Andrew would never hurt me, in fact he has been the only one able to heal the bruises and cuts that Joaquin has made on my soul," she said. It seemed to shut her father up, walking over to Andrew, taking his hand once more, and she knew he could feel her shaking. She was scared, but she also felt so brave for finally speaking out. "I demand my passport and other papers that belong to me - And I will return when I feel like it, not because you ask it of me," she said. She felt like a child standing in front of a giant, but with Andrew by her side it felt possible.
There was a bit of silence, her father surprised at his daughter's will, her mother fiddling with the napkin as she considered everything. In the end the mother got up, walking over to a drawer and opening it up. She stood with a passport, handing it out to Valerie, but she kept a sharp eye on the daemon. Valerie took her passport, nodding at her mother before looking at her father. They hadn't given their blessing, but it was sure that her mother was willing to see her daughter happy, her father was still unknown. "If you leave, there will be nothing to come back to," her father warned her, his voice harsh and rough. Valerie felt tears gathering in her eyes before looking at Andrew. She was willing to do this for them, for the two of them to have a real chance together, and she hoped he wasn't disregarding what she was doing right now. "I understand, daddy-" - "Don't call me that," he said in a dismissive tone. Valerie felt her heart drop, this was breaking her more than she thought. Despite her childhood she still loved her parents. Looking to her mother, who was looking away, she swallowed, nodding again before heading for the exit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take me or leave me   Take me or leave me - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 11:33 pm

//Outdated -- End of topic//
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Take me or leave me   Take me or leave me - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Take me or leave me
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2