Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
The world can leave you feeling tired EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
The world can leave you feeling tired EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

The world can leave you feeling tired

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

The world can leave you feeling tired Empty
PostSubject: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 3:16 pm

For @Baal my love

It had been months for Buffy. Constantly waiting, but trying to keep busy. She had gotten the message from the mysterious Aurel guy, but she still couldn't understand why they hadn't come home yet. If time worked differently in the Abyssus, surely they would've come home by now. But then Aurel had gone away, talking about finding his sister, and yet Buffy just wanted to see Baal and Saoirse. She wanted to hold them close.
Her family hadn't been as supportive as they could've. Sure, she didn't blame Tessa - she was busy every day with either school or planning her wedding. But being around all of that wedding planning made her depressed. She was happy for her cousin, but the more time passed, the more she feared she would never get to have such a day for herself. Her aunt had even talked Connor in to discussing letting go of the hope of them returning. As if that was better. No, she refused to let go of the thoughts of Baal.
She had grown closer with Alyssa. Spending more time with her, but she seemed to be in pain as well. Amos was rarely home, and Buffy saw much of herself in the daemon. She had been getting some strange dreams lately. Of a shadowed person who spoke about long lost love. Perhaps her subconscious was trying to tell her to let go too? Packing herself up nicely she headed out in to the forest in Raleska. Snow had fallen and the nature here so undisturbed, but she felt the need to be alone with her thoughts. Her family was busy at the temples, and seeing as she no longer really belonged to a god or goddess, she could go for a good walk. Maybe clearing her mind with the fresh snow.
As a fenix the snow had been her enemy. Everything cold was a no-go, but after her change she had come to appreciate it. Touching the snow on the trees she chuckled softly to herself as it melted against her finger.
Raleska was often times described as a very mysterious place, but right now she felt the solitude hurt less. That was when she saw the portal. It was out on the lake! Her eyes wide as she stared at it, her heart starting to pick up pace. Having heard about these portals she knew the risk. She knew it would be dangerous, so why was she undressing and getting in the water? Big strokes until she reached the portal, the energy drying up her hair as she felt the heat emanating from it. Turning she looked back at the shore, "forgive me, auntie," she muttered, closing her eyes as she leaned back, falling in to the portal. Upon arrival in the new realm her body felt weak from the travel. A small patch of green grass started sprouting around her as she fell unconscious.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 3:52 pm

With every passing day, everything felt so stale. Sure, the world was saved from the portals and the Abyssus in ruins but not about to implode on itself but there had been losses, at leadt for the summoner and his daughter. Or having Saoirse was the only thing that had kept him from insanity, but she could leave if she ever felt like it. And some day he would want her to, for her to return to her mother and their home in the realm they came from. He sat by a desk, having read all that there was to read about this realm. The more he read it, the more he had come to understand the artifact that had been inside of him. Though now it was locked away in a chest, keeping him bound to this realm. It however had had it’s advantages too. The beasts of the realm came to him, the hounds keeping him up with everything that was happening in the realm. Sure; it was the same every day but Baal liked the opportunity to just get to speak to someone.

A small child eventually rolled down from a small hill, landing not far from the light. Jerking their head to the side, it’s purple glowing eyes surrounded by dark where white normally would have been. Small streaks of the purple irises seemed to be leaking out into the whole eye, and yet it could see perfectly. “Light.” It spoke in ancient tongue.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 4:07 pm

Buffy couldn't keep her eyes open, not even as the child yanked her head back to look at her. Her body felt drained. In a world so filled with darkness, how was she ever going to survive being the light. A beast soon enough came upon them, growling softly as it puffed up its fur. Its beady eyes moved from the child to the person on the ground, walking closer to sniff if it was dead. It was quite peculiar to think that grass was growing here, the beast pulling at Buffy until she laid over its massive backside. Was she dreaming? The world around her a blur as the beast ran with her on its back, not even allowing her off once. This was it, she thought, this beast was taking her to its cave where it was going to devour her whole.
But they soon enough reached the ruins of a once great fortress. It was in the midst of being rebuilt. The giant beast howled at the gate, rats running along a small wheel to open up for the beast. Once inside the beast dropped the lifeless woman off, sniffing her face until someone pushed it away. Buffy blinked, feeling a warm hand on her face, opening her eyes to see someone beautiful look at her. "Saoir-?" she muttered but her brain was almost too scrambled to make together what had happened. The beast soon enough picked her up again, getting her in to a room.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

Full name : Saoirse Lowenna Elior

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 4:08 pm

Seeing her mother here in the Abyssus was the last thing the young hybrid had expected. It had been years since she had seen her, her eyes widening as she pushed the beast away, touching her cheek to see if her eyes were decieving her. No, she wasn't being fooled. It was her mother. Her heart began to race as she ordered the beast to head straight to a room with her lifeless mother, instructing the living creatures not to utter a word to Baal. She wanted to do that herself.
Hurrying off, she tied up her hair that had grown quite long over the years, but she simply hadn't cut it. Knocking on her father's study she stepped in without waiting to be called in. Her eyes wide as she stepped in, clearly still in shock, but she also had to warn her father. "I need you to remain calm at what I'm about to tell you," she prefaced, telling that her mother had been brought here by one of the hounds. If Baal got up trying to rush to see if what she said was true, Saoirse would stop him, placing a hand against his chest even though it hurt a bit with all the darkness in him. "She's still pure light ... In a realm of darkness ... I don't think it's wise if you get too close just yet," she spoke rather reasonably.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 4:26 pm

He was playing a bit around with a pen by the time he heard footsteps approach, until Saoirse rather abruptly barged in. He sat up, putting the pen down as he noticed her wide eyes. What had she seen? The confusion was all over his face, her preface not really doing anything to soothe his worry. But as she spoke, the mention of Buffy being here made him rise from his seat. Had she come here? How? Was it safe? He had so many internal questions and yet all he wanted was to see her. But Saoirse was quick, stopping him before he could go. “Why was she brought here? It’s not safe for her.” He remarked. Had it been safe, they would’ve brought her along from the beginning. He backed off again, sighing as he ran a hand through the long dark curly locks. “Is there a way I can see her then? I just have to see her.” He said, feeling his heart ache. He couldnt describe it, it wasnt as if he didnt believe her, he just had to see her with his own eyes.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

Full name : Saoirse Lowenna Elior

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 4:54 pm

"I don't know, father, a beast brought her here and that's as far as I know," Saoirse said quite seriously. She could see how her father was reacting. It was strange seeing him with this much emotion. He had barely emoted to her while being here and now he looked like a nervous teenager about to head in to an exam. "Breathe," she told him, guiding him if he was freaking out. At least it was good to see him actually care for her mother and she felt a little jealous. If her mother had been able to come through, then what about Amos? She shot the idea out of her head nodding for him to follow.
Grabbing a hold of the door she used it to make a shortcut for them directly to the room where Buffy was. The golden hair not to mistake. It was strange. Did the room feel warmer? "She's not awake, and don't touch her, we don't know what will happen," she warned him. Hearing a commotion downstairs she sighed, "I have to go take care of this ... Just ... Don't do anything stupid," she muttered, changing the door for herself so she could get straight to the ruckus.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 5:07 pm

“A beast?” He sighed. This was the downsides of befriending the beasts of the realm. Anything that seemed out of place was brought directly to their doorstep. He wasnt sure what the sudden burst of feelings was but it seemed that his daughter noticed, telling him to breathe. He drew in a few deep breaths, then to shake his head. No he wouldnt calm until he saw her.
Saoirse took them to the room Buffy was held in, the summoner’s expression softening completely as he saw her. He did feel the urge to rush to her side, but he had to restrain himself, keeping a distance. This felt a little surreal, seeing her again. He heard the commotion too but his eyes were glued to Buffy.
When their daughter left, he carefully moved over, still keeping a distance as he sat down not far from her. “Buffy?” He called, though his body seemingly moved on it’s own as he moved closer until he was leaned over her, his remaining hand hovering along her skin. It really was her. He felt his eyes tear up as he looked at her, a few drops leaving his eyes quick and dripping down on her cheek.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 5:34 pm

Buffy was out cold, her body clearly still adjusting to all of the darkness around her. And yet it seemed that in this room where she was was livening up more. Surely she wouldn't recognize the change, but the others would. Something wet landed on her face and she opened her eyes carefully, blinking a few times as her eyes met with something so familiar to her, "Belial?" she whispered softly. Her body was still weak, but her eyes seemed to liven up the more she realized this wasn't a dream. In her joy she reached out, touching his face, holding it between her fingers, smiling like she hadn't smiled in ages. Her eyes filled with tears, pulling him down over her as she kissed him rather tenderly. She didn't know she was supposed to be careful in this realm, but for now it seemed alright.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 8:28 pm

She woke and he looked at her happily, tears filling his eyes as she cupped his face between her hands. It did hurt him, because she was so full of light and he was filled with darkness. He greeted her lips, moving his carefully over hers, breaking it off after a bit as he had to admit that it was somehow draining him. “.. We cant touch..” he whispered, finding it rather absurd. “But I’m so relieved.” He sighed, looking at her, leaning back away as he wiped off a few tears. Then the questions rolled in as the surprise and happiness was settling. “How?”
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 9:18 pm

Buffy barely felt the hurt, but as he pulled away from their kiss, telling her they should keep their distance it was clear that she had been weakened by the touch. The darkness around her was affecting her, and she was a single candle in it all, a mere faint blow could snuff her out. She sat in silence, looking at him, feeling so happy to see him and yet so drained being here. Of course he asked a very sensible how of it all, and she knew it would be a story hard to believe. And yet she told it anyways; How she had gone to the temples and gone for a stroll in the neighboring woods. How she had seen the portal out on the lake and swam out to it. And that was about the things she could remember.
Then her eyes got brighter, "Saoirse?" she whispered, oh she remembered her face. But she had seemed so different. So much ... Older? Not looks wise, but demeanor. "Belial, I ... I know I shouldn't have gone through the portal; I know I should've heeded the warning," she said, reaching her hand out but not touching him, merely having her hand near him, feeling the warmth that radiated off of him. "But I couldn't stand being without you two any more." The world wasn't the same. It didn't have the same appeal. Saoirse and Baal was her family, and while her aunt would always be her aunt, she simply couldn't be what she needed. "How are you? How have you been? Please tell me everything, I got the message from Aurel."
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 1:20 am

He listened as she explained, humming as it didnt seem that odd at this point that portals came and went. It seemed to be the only way the connection could be kept stable. These moments, glimpses between the world that allowed passage at the right time. “Saoirse is keeping the realm’s inhabitants in check. Well, the daemons souls roaming around, is not much to be done about, except avoiding them. They feast on any kind of energy they can get a hold of.” He said, her somewhat attempt at a kind of apology making him shake his head. It had been a risk but done was done.
She asked about him and he scoffed, looking down at his still missing arm. He had figured out a way to get a tempoary replacement by using the dark power flowing in his body. But it was unstable and he wasnt sure doing that in her presence. He however told her of the years that had gone by, how he had felt so alone and been missing home. He also spoke of how Saoirse and him went through periods were she remembered the fact that he had been willing to kill her and they had yet to find some sort of middleground. And then there was the defeats. “.. we’ve been trying our best to figure out how to restore the realm. And yet nothing have been discovered in all these years. Aurel got us a book of some sort of old poetry, but the place that is spoken of doesnt seem to exist.”
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 6:31 am

Buffy hummed but then Baal said something that stuck with her. Years? "Belial, it's only been half a year," she reminded him, well not even, but sure it felt like longer. She sat up better, resting her back against the headboard on the bed as she looked at him. Was that why Saoirse had seemed so different? Guilt started to creep in. "I should've gone with you," she muttered, closing her eyes as she shook her head a little defeated. She felt like she had failed them. "But I'm here now ... And I want to help," she said, clearly not willing to hear anything about how she was going to leave. She couldn't leave them behind, not when she had risked so much to get to them. Part of her wanted to reach out. Touch him. Hold him. But she couldn't. She felt like she had gone through so much and even now she was denied being with him. "I don't know what I'll be able to do, but whatever I can and is within my power."
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 10:10 am

“Not here. For us it’s been years.” He said in his conviction but it was also quite clear to see that he wasnt joking. His hair had remained the same length but that was just because he made sure to cut it and had Saoirse help him with the back. He was a little unkept, only because it hadnt really mattered what he looked like when he was here. Her mutter made him shake his head as he scoffed. “And what? Succumbed to the darkness? It’s finally somewhat stable for you now, but that hasnt been without hard work and time.” He reminded her. Sure she could feel guilty all she wanted but it didnt change the fact that there had been no way she could’ve come with them.
He chuckled softly as she clarified that she wanted to help. “If it’s any consolation, then I wouldnt even know how to send you back.” He sighed. He clearly would have if he knew how to. It wouldnt even have been up for discussion. “You’ll have to learn the language first. If Aurel comes back, he could teach you. But until then, it’s however Saoirse and I have interpreted this ancient language.” He said. He scoffed and looked down. “I suppose our first task from then on is figuring out how we’ll balance out the light and dark, so we wont be draining each other like we are right now.”
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 3:03 pm

Buffy was mildly shocked as she heard what Baal told her. Years? She felt more guilty now, her eyes filling with tears. And yet she wouldn't cry. No she had spent so many months just crying. When he put it like that she wondered just how long she could've lasted if it had truly been so bad. At least he didn't know how to send her back, and that at least made her know that she wouldn't have gone here just to be returned like a bruised package.
He spoke of what needed to be done, and as he spoke of the language she frowned a little. "I suppose you two could give me some pointers," she said, frowning as she wasn't sure. She hadn't been good at learning Baal's daemonic language, or well she had tried, but there were so many guttural sounds she wasn't sure how to pronounce. "Did I hurt you?" she asked with a worried frown as he had said they were draining one another. True, she had felt it, but she also wanted to apologize if that was the case.
She touched the fabric of the bed. It felt a little cold, but she guessed that was what years of darkness would do to a place like this. "Perhaps we should start seeing what our limits are ... Like how long we can touch each other's hands before we feel the drain," she suggested. If they had a status quo, then they could measure up to it later on to see if they were improving.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 3:50 pm

“It is not far from daemonic when you speak it, but the letters are completely different. I dont even know what I would call the letters in this realm.” He remarked with a small frown. It was so peculiar, being in a world where another civilization had made their own language that they had lived by. The question made him check himself a little before he shook his head. “No the drain didnt hurt. But I believe it will if we were just keeping up the touches and being careless.” He pondered. She wanted to test their limits and he was reluctant as always. It would never be Belial if he didnt have some sort of objection to anything that involved risks. But he then sighed and lifted his healthy hand, flat palm. “Okay. Lay your hand on mine.” He said. Sure, it was not entangling hands, but any kind of touch compared to no touch was good, right?
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 4:20 pm

Feeling a bit more relieved that it hadn't hurt him, she still felt a little guilty for her rash decision. She had always been following her gut feeling, but this was the first time where she regretted it somewhat. Agreeing to not push their unknown limits she looked at him as he presented his healthy hand. Hesitantly she reached nearer, but not fully giving in yet. It was like she could feel his darkness even from here. "Tell me if it hurts," she pleaded. That was the last thing she wanted to do.
Finally reaching out she placed her hand on his, her fingers touching his palm delicately with her fingertips. "I've missed you so much," she said, feeling the darkness in his skin, and yet she could withstand it for now. "And I guess I feel a little cheated now," she chuckled. Sure, she had him, but she didn't have all of him. Gritting her teeth she looked at the darkness in her fingertips, pulling her hand away her hand returned to normal, but it hadn't been pleasant. "So that was what? Thirty seconds?" she muttered frowning as she shook her head, running a hand through her hair. Happy that Tessa had cut it, but now there was less to pull at.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 4:40 pm

He looked at her hand and it was nearing his, unsure what it would feel like. But somehow he also couldnt bring himself to fully care. He had missed her so much that it was drowning out everything. “Dont worry, I’ll let you know.” He assured her softly. Then she touched his hand. Her light was strong, dragging out the darkness within him, and he could sense that it wasnt just going away. She was absorbing it. “I havent felt alive without you.” He admitted. He had felt like a machine. She said she felt cheated and somehow he had to scoff. “Seems like that’s a reoccuring theme for us.” He remarked. There was always some sort of obstacle. But they were a step closer now. She pulled her hand off and he felt the numb feeling in his fingertips from the drain. “More or less.” He sighed. So this was their starting point. He moved over, sitting back against the headboard as he sighed. “I couldnt even remember your voice yesterday. Your face would always be clear as day, but it had been so long since I had heard you that my mind couldnt recreate anything you had ever told me.”
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 5:29 pm

Her fingers felt a little tingly now that she wasn't touching him anymore. He moved up, sitting beside her, and she opted to turn around, laying down so she could look at him. He spoke of what he had forgotten and she smiled, looking at him as she knew that feeling quite well. "What would you like me to say then? If you've tried to remember it, what was it you wanted to hear?" she asked. Genuinely curious but also hoping for something good that she could say or tell him.
"The house doesn't smell like you anymore," she said with a small frown appearing on her brow, looking down at the duvet as she was trying not to make this about herself too much. She had gone months - he had gone years. "The first few weeks I was rarely left alone; Even Amos came by, sleeping in Saoirse's room, but the more time passed, the more people seemed to move on while I was just ... Stuck," she breathed out in a small sigh, closing her eyes as she felt a little sad just remembering it all. "I felt like I was in limbo ... I had lost my family and yet I knew you were here ... I couldn't move on because no matter what I was just waiting for you two to return to me and tell me of your adventures."
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 3:42 am

“It started with just wanting to hear once more, that you loved me… that was all I wanted. But as the years went by… it’s really just anything you’d say. Just as long as it’s your voice.” He said, scoffing as it probably sounded silly. But it was just a comfort thing at this point. She spoke and he hummed with a sad expression. It was probably far worse to be in the home they had picked and filled with furniture together. Where they had fought and made up, hugged and kissed. He couldnt imagine his sanity having handled it well if it had been turned around.
“I had wished it wouldnt have kept us apart this long. I grow tired of having spent more time away from you than with you.” He admitted. Looking at her, he carefully reached out, touching some of her short hair, just feeling the strands on his fingertips. “There however are some realities that we have to face. And I doubt you’ll like them, I definitely dont.” He admitted with a sigh, letting his hand fall back. Touching her hair had had no effect on him drain wise, which was good to know. “The artifact has been removed from my chest and locked away. It allowed the castle to revert back to it’s original state. But with it, I was also bound to stay. If it can be reversed or changed, we dont know.”
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 9:47 am

She could only agree with everything he was saying. If they had had more time, maybe it would've been different. But then again, would the time they had spent together be as significant? Feeling him touch her hair made her feel closer to him, and she felt this burning need to touch him, comfort him as he needed to. But touch wouldn't be possible for long periods at a time, at least not in the foreseeable future. His hand moved away and she sighed as he had more bad news to tell. The artifact? She frowned slightly, and she wondered how it all worked. "But the artifact you have - or had - it wasn't the whole artifact," she said in a ponder, touching her own chest. She had part of it. Was that why the world was so dead? Because it was missing the other half?
Being silent for a while she was deep in her thoughts, but then she looked at Baal. "What if the artifact inside of me needs to join yours?" she asked. Maybe that was the missing puzzle piece - quite literally. "How did you remove it without dying? I thought it had tethered itself to your soul?" there were so many things she needed answers to, but she wasn't sure if Baal had all of them.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 11:41 am

It’s true, it wasnt the whole artifact. And he had pondered and thought about it for a very long time. Actually it seemed to be the only thing he had been able to make some sense of. Which was why her question made him shake his head. It didnt need the other piece. The other piece was keeping Buffy alive, and there was no telling what would happen if they began messing around with it. “I have nothing but a theory; that it’s not only my soul tethered to the artifact. But the former king of this place. I have studied all of the scrolls, family records. “… It’s us but it’s not us.” he explained trying not to sound too insane. “The artifact has half of my soul. As it only has half of King Belial’s soul. As your artifact has half of your soul and half of the Queen’s soul.” He said, knowing he probably sounded crazy now. “Aurel had Saoirse perform a ritual. I believe my half of the soul in the artifact has made it able to act as it should have, to rule this realm, the ruler must bind their soul to this place for eternity or death. And yet I get to keep myself intact with the other half of my soul still in my body.” He said, though this was mostly a ponder.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 11:55 am

She knew of course that the artifact was keeping her alive, but she felt like maybe it wouldn't hurt to look in to it. He spoke of looking at records and what he said made her frown. It did sound a little crazy, but she trusted him no matter how crazy somethings could be. As he mentioned half of his soul she hummed, "well if you have half of your soul tethered and the other half in your body ... Then in theory you should be able to leave once this place is functional again, right?" she suggested. It wasn't stupid to hope so. She felt like this place was so dark and gloomy, but if it was restored to how it had once been, then there was no saying how things would change. "Perhaps you can't leave this place forever ... But it wouldn't be so bad if you could get out once in a while, right?" she suggested, always trying to see the positive things. Oh how she wanted to cup his face and sit down in his lap. Kiss him until he felt better. "But no matter what I'm not leaving you ... Never again," she told him rather seriously. She was done being separated. "The world was never accepting of us, but maybe that's because we were meant to come here and make our own reality."
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 4:01 pm

“It should. Though I suppose it could never be forever. Or half of my soul in the artifact would crumble.” He imagined. But with a balance, he might be able to partly come back to their real world. “I dont care where I’ll be as long as it’s with you Buffy.” He said truthfully. It could be here, it could be back in Gambion. Either way, he didnt disagree with her saying that she would never leave him. He didnt want her to. “It’s an uphill battle here. But it’s not impossible with time.” He told her. They could rebuild the realm and make it their own. It seemed that they would just be taking up old spots, molded and fitted for them either way. “We are still bound by soul. The world can never change that, as little as it wants us to be together.” He said, smiling softly at her. She was all he ever wanted. “Do you want to see the family tree that the royal family made?” He asked. If she did, he would get up and go get it. It was a rather big book, dating back through generations of rulers. But it was only the current family that was of interest. He went to the page. It was easy to tell that it was a family tree. “Belial and Boadicea, rulers of the Abyssus.” He told her, starting from the top. “Their first born, a baby daughter, Shameeria, crown princess.” He explained. And then he went through the other children, finding it rather peculiar.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 8:35 pm

It was settled then, wasn't it? She would stay with him wherever they may end up. He spoke about the two of them still being bound together by soul and she couldn't stop herself from smiling at the thought. "I know," she said, she could still feel him so clearly. Even though what she really longed for right now was his embrace, perhaps even his lips if she could be selfish enough to ask for that much.
But that was when he mentioned a book of the family that had occupied this very castle. She nodded, waiting until he returned with the giant old book. Looking at the pages her eyes rested on the delicately written pages, with a language she had yet to get familiar with. As he went down the list she frowned, looking at how many children they had gotten, it was quite a long list if she was being honest. It seemed to match somewhat and yet not at all. "I feel a little intimidated looking at all of this," she confessed, chuckling as her finger traced down a line of the family, recognizing a few symbols now that she knew how Belial and Boadicea was spelled in it. "but we have already messed up in the way we should match up, right?" she said, pointing at where Belial and a sibling met. She presumed it was a female, which would mean the equivalent of Alyssa. "Amos is your first born so ... That means we have control of our own lives, that we are not forced to live like them."
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 10:25 pm

He had to agree with her confession, it was rather weird seeing this book and knowing that in some way it was them in some other world that was no more. Her question made him frown a little as he watched her finger. Well putting it like that, it was a little peculiar. “I suppose that that is what differs us from them. It’s true, we are not enslaved to follow their tracks. But they were together for a very long time, judging by the gaps between their children. Far longer than we could’ve, had you still been a fenix.” He remarked. He let her have the book as he got up, drawing in a deep breath. “I have some scrolls to translate. Do you want me to bring them here?” He asked. Though she was here, it wouldnt be wise to compromise the time he had to spend on making everything somewhat readable.

The days passed and somehow it was getting to Baal that they werent showing progress on touching, even holding hands was still impossible for a few consistent seconds. He was overlooking the view from the study, sighing to himself. He went to The library to look for some more books. When he returned, he looked around. “Buffy?” He called, frowning slightly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The world can leave you feeling tired   The world can leave you feeling tired Empty

Back to top Go down

The world can leave you feeling tired
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next