Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
A change of heart EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
A change of heart EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
A change of heart EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
A change of heart EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
A change of heart EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

A change of heart

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Cesare

Cesare

Full name : Cesare Leone

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 12:34 am

Continuation of And so it begins
For @Darren <3

______

She stood in front of the opera house. It was basically midnight at this point as she felt like she was shaking a little. However she wasn't cold, at least not her body, more a feeling of being empty. She had taken the wrong turn, gotten involved with someone she shouldn't ever have been involved with. It felt like time stood still, looking at her screen in the dark, sitting on one of the stairs leading up to the entrance. People passed her, most of them heading out for the night to drink and dance their worries away. Some guys even tried inviting her with them, but she refused the offer, stating she was waiting for a friend. Although she wasn't sure if Darren would actually show up. She was worried he wouldn't, but then she guessed she would have to head home.
Back to top Go down
Darren

Darren

Full name : Darren (nothing more)
Quote : I dont need a radio or a TV to keep myself entertained when the upstairs neighbour has 7 cats.

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 12:40 am

The sound of beeps from his phone made him groan in annoyance as he felt quite alright with having buried his head under his pillow. As bad as he felt for what he had done to Vanessa, he felt like he had gotten a fresh blow of air in his system. He felt somewhat in control of his ability, filtering out the clutter to just tune in on the voices he was most used to hearing. He grabbed his phone and lifted it to read the messages. He thought it would just be Ethan with some bullshit but when he saw Ayalla’s name, he sat up. He wasnt going to waste time on texting, not with his lacking skills in spelling. He got dressed and went as fast as he could, though he would have to hurry if she was already waiting there. But he was also confused, since he thought she would be with Gareth in this moment, after all he knew what was going on between them.
He saw her at the stairs as he came running, he definitely felt more than out of shape from running most of the way here. “Ayalla” he greeted her as he stopped at the stairs to look at her. “Trying to get tickets for the opera or sumthing?” He asked, mostly in an attempt to lighten the mood because she definitely seemed like that was what she needed.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 12:48 am

Ayalla breathed out in a slight shudder. It was still summer, so the night wasn't too cold, but she still couldn't shake the freezing feeling she had in her heart. She was just sitting on the stairs, staring down in to the ground and was rather surprised as she heard her name. Her eyes turned to look at Darren, but part of her was even more hurt that he was actually there. It should've been Gareth, He should've ran after her, grabbing her and pulling her in to his arms, telling her that he did care for her. But here was the human friend she had made because of the daemon. Scoffing slightly at Darren's words, she got up, shrugging as she placed her hands in her jeans. "Yeah, I was kinda hoping you'd sleep on the ground for a good ticket," she said, but was clearly joking, although it was rather dead pan. She moved over to him, sending him a sad smile, but she didn't feel like she could say anything. "I could just ... Really use a friend right now," she confessed. Fuck, he probably knew what had been going on, but she didn't know if she could speak about it right now. "There's, uhm, a small bar around the corner? Are you in the mood for some drinks?" she asked. She had been to the bar before, but only alone. "I'm sorry, I don't really have a good reason for you to be here right now," she admitted, looking down as she frowned. She felt like she had apologized so much today, it was starting to sound stale.
Back to top Go down
Darren

Darren

Quote : I dont need a radio or a TV to keep myself entertained when the upstairs neighbour has 7 cats.

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 12:58 am

That feeling that fell over him as she turned her head and looked at him, but even the dumbest person could tell that she had hoped for someone else? Yeah, that was a shitty feeling. But it also assured him that something had happened with Gareth and her. Her answer made him shrug, “Vanessa could’ve gotten you the tickets for free,” he remarked, missing the fact that she was joking.
Her confession made him nod as he looked at her, “Well, here I am,” he said with a shrug. Her question made him raise his brows as he thoughy about it. Her apology made him shake his head, “Allow it. I came here, didnt I?” he said as he gestured for her to lead the way. “Let’s check out that bar of yous, see if the beers any good, yeah?” He encouraged her, just wanting to see even just a small smile. He was so bad with girls, he knew nothing of what to do or how to handle these situations.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 1:08 am

Never mind," she mumbled at his words about the tickets. There was no tickets to get, and she think he might've read too much in to her words. He gestured for her to lead the way, and so she did, hiding her hands away in her pockets.
It wasn't a far walk, and was literally just around the corner, but there was live music there, and Ayalla really liked that. She knew she would never be able to go to a concert, mostly because it would freak her out, but this was like a tiny concert, right? "The beers decent, but the drinks are better," she remarked, opening the door to walk in. The music was calming, the tones almost rustic and the male singer was just sitting on a small stool on the stage, singing in a deep voice. "I think there's room over there," she said, pointing over to a booth a bit more private in the back of the bar. It was further away from the bartender, but it would perhaps be a good place if they were actually going to have a conversation. Gesturing for him to just go over and claim the booth, she walked up to the bar, leaning over the desk to place her order as to not be loud over the music. She ordered a draft beer for Darren, one that he might like, and a margarita for herself. Balancing the drinks she came over, sitting down across from him before placing the drinks.
Now came the hard part. She needed to talk about this, but she also felt like this was stupid. "So ... I guess you figured it out, huh," she said, licking her fingers that had gotten a bit of salt on them. "Fuck, he really fucked me up," she whispered, closing her eyes, feeling herself close to crying again. Why was she so stupid and emotional?
Back to top Go down
Darren

Darren

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 1:20 am

Fuck he was glad that he had gotten himself under control, otherwise all these noises from the mass of people would have driven him out of his own mind. He went to claim the booth that she pointed out, looking around as he sat down. He frowned at the remarks he heard from the men around her. Was it bad that the only person he actually wanted to hear from was her? But there was nothing, nothing to get from her at all. He looked at the beer she got him, talking a small sip to taste it.
He nodded as she stated the obvious. “I may hear nothing from you but G’s mind is open as a book,” he admitted with a deep sigh. If he only knew how just having this conversation already felt like a knife in his heart. He barely heard her whisper but he managed to catch enough words to make out the meaning. “Did he hurt you?” He asked, a little protective of her. But who couldnt be when their crush had been hooking up with Gareth Prideux?
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 1:28 am

"Not physically, I would never let a man degrade me like that," she said, taking a deep breath before gathering the courage to open her eyes. She grabbed her drink, taking a sip and pulling a slight face as the salt hit her tastebuds. "It's my own fault ... I thought I would be safe ... But in the end I guess I just can't be loved," she chuckled sadly, looking down in to her drink. She sounded like a broken record at this point. How many times could she blame herself in this? Perhaps until she realized that everything had not really meant anything. Ayalla looked at Darren, a half smile on her lips. "I guess I had illusions of grandeur; As if I, a girl with nothing to my name, could ever make him love me," she scoffed. She felt stupid, and rightfully so, she had involved herself in this mess and now she just had to deal with the consequences.
"But I don't think it's going to solve anything just moping around," she finally said, looking at Darren with her eyes vulnerable. It was painfully clear how much she was hurting, but then again who could love a monster that not even her parents had wanted? "But worst of all ... I've betrayed Vanessa," she said.
Back to top Go down
Darren

Darren

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 1:42 am

“Dont say stuff like that Aya,” he said in a tired tone; mostly because he thought he never heard anything else than that from both her and Vanessa. Both really great girls who didnt deserve to feel heartbreaks if Darren got to decide. “No bird, no matter how lovely could ever change Gareth Prideux. Trust me, yeah? I’ve seen many of them go the same way as you,” he admitted, lifting his beer to take a sip. But even if there had been some hope, what was she thinking Vanessa would think? That the daemoness would just give her blessing and give them a green light?
“You best jus’ forget him, or at least get used to the fact that he’ll treat you as if nothing ever happened between you,” Darren said truthfully. There really was no beating around the bush with this situation because Gareth most probably would ignore it as long as Vanessa hadnt found out. “You cant tell Es,” he said when she mentioned betrayal. “I know most people say truth is the best option, but it’s not with Es. Take it from the guy who’s seen all your memories for the last 4 years,” he said.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 1:49 am

Forget him? Easier said than done, but she understood where he was coming from. In fact, him just showing up here was more than she could've ever asked for. "I know I can't tell her ... I'm heartbroken, not stupid," she reminded him, breathing out as she took a rather big gulp of her drink, very unusual of her.
Shaking her head a little she looked out in to the bar. There weren't that many people here, but she guessed most people went to Western if they wanted a real party. "Maybe I just need some stupid one night stand ... Just clearing him out of my system," she mumbled, but she doubted it would help. First of all she wasn't all that good at flirting and second of all she didn't even know if she could do that with a stranger. Ayalla relied a lot on knowledge and trust, and she had trusted Gareth blindly, which had turned in to a mistake. "Give me an honest answer; What do you think I should do?" she asked. She was sure that Darren would've went through something like this with Ethan or perhaps even himself. "Like ... I know I'm not going back to him, but I don't feel like going home," she said.
Back to top Go down
Darren

Darren

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 3:51 am

“Aight, I was jus’ checking,” he said with a nod. He did notice how she seemed to drink rather fast, but he thought it would be okay since he was there to keep an eye on her. He looked down at his drink as she looked around, turning it around in the small pool of condensed water that was slowly pooling underneath the cold glass. Her mumble made him frown a little as he thought that was quite a weird take on what she could do now.
He looked up as she asked for his input, he leaned back into his seat as he shrugged. “Believe it or not, I’m not exactly sum’ kind of expert innit,” he replied before he seemed to think further about it. “I dont think finding a new guy will do you much good,” he admitted, though he wasnt exactly planning on using her breakup with Gareth to put himself in a better light. “If you want, we can go back to my place later? Watch some dumb movies and just have a good time, yeah?” He suggested as he took another sip of his drink. Man, she should have called Ethan, he probably knew better how to handle a situation like this.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 1:03 pm

Although he might not have all the answers, she still felt like she needed someone to help her figure out what to do next. She had never been good at heartbreak, and before Gareth there had only been one. After that had ended, the Prideux had taken her in to custody after her wrecking a whole street of lampposts, but she was determined this time not to freak out. She frowned a little at his statement, that he wasn't an expert - but why did he and Ethan always seem to talk about links or whatever they called it? However his advice sounded sane, making her nod as she looked back at him. Darren had always been the good guy of the group, at least in her eyes, but she wasn't really sure why she hadn't ever noticed that completely. Perhaps because for the last month she had been caught up in something that was destined to die before it even began.
He suggested going back to his place, making her smile more genuine this time. "I think that's exactly what I need," she agreed, leaning over to place a hand over his, mouthing the words thank you before retreating back to her seating. Taking another sip of her drink, she felt a little lightheaded, but not really from the alcohol, more from her racing mind. She looked out at the bar once more. "I like this song," she mumbled, closing her eyes as she just listened to the casualty of the song. While she liked the song, she was awfully aware of the lyrics about a guy leaving a girl after realizing how chilly her personality truly was. She opened her eyes, looking at Darren before she got up from her seat, grabbing his hand. "C'mon," she said, pulling him with her even if he objected. Standing in front of the stage, she wrapped her arms around his neck, resting her head against his chest as she just started to sway to the music. Ayalla had never really learned how to dance, but she knew that it didn't matter, at least not when they were in a bar.
Back to top Go down
Darren

Darren

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 2:22 pm

He smiled bright as she seemed to like his suggestion, shaking his head as she thanked him. He dodnt see it as some gesture, just friends being friends that look out for each other; despite how he felt for her.   He frankly hadnt noticed the music when they stepped in or now when they were sitting down. It was hard to focus on all the noises, so he had chosen to just listen to Ayalla and her words rather than the world around them. But he did notice how she seemed to actively listen to the live music, turning his head to look at the person playing before looking at her. “I envy you,” he said with a chuckle, before she started getting up from her seat.
He hadnt even finished his beer, did she want to leave now? He felt a little confused but followed her anyway, frowning as they moved closer to the stage. He felt her arms arounf him as they got a little closer than he had expected, but he placed his hands on her hips before he decided to just wrap his arms around her. He frowned a little to himself but he managed to sway with her in her tempo; He couldnt really make out the beat of the song, so he had to guess. “Is this... helping?” He asked as he looked at her.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 2:33 pm

She felt him hesitate at first, and she guessed it was weird to some extend, but her and Vanessa always seemed to bond over music. Wether it was dancing, humming or making their own two person mosh pit, it was just something that seemed to bring them closer together. And frankly, Ayalla wanted Darren to be a closer friend. She liked him, despite his weird mind, but she guessed it was because they could relate to each other. Looking up at him she chuckled slightly at his question. "Strangely enough, yeah," she chuckled. Did he have a hard time hearing the music. Frowning she looked at him. "Focus on me," she said, mostly because he seemed to find the voices around them more distracting. If he did, she would be humming along to the music, hopefully making him hear the actual beat. She couldn't really remember the lyrics all that well, but the melody she knew almost by heart. She just swayed with him, humming the song and hoping that he didn't find her too weird.
As the song ended she sighed, giving Darren a small hug before letting go. "Do you want to get blasted drunk with me?" she chuckled, looking down as she moved a lock of her hair behind her ear. "I mean ... We can also just go to your place?" she said, not knowing what he wanted before she seemed to have an idea. "No, I have a better idea - We buy a few cheap beers at the small convenience store, and I call us a cab out to the beach in Western," she suggested.
Back to top Go down
Darren

Darren

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 2:56 pm

It truly was hard to dance to a song that you couldnt hear. But it seemed that she noticed, and as she asked him to focus on her, he did. The humming helped him sway more fluently to the song, but it was all thanks to her. As the song ended, he felt a little proud that he had been able to do that, even if it had been with help from her.
He sighed as she suggested getting drunk. As much as he seemed to drink alcohol when they were all together, he wasnt actually all that for losing control by getting drunk out of his mind. The suggestion of going back seemed more likely but then she said beers and beach and that just seemed to sit just right with him. “To the shop!” he said with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 3:05 pm

Ayalla smiled, chuckling along with him as she lead the way out of the bar. To be fair she was actually quite relieved that he had agreed to the beach idea, mostly because it was the middle of the night. However maybe they were alike in that way, that they needed time away from others, but it seemed to be like the could be alone together.
The convenience store was not the biggest and by far cheap, but a couple of cheap beers and a few smaller bags of snacks later they stood out by the road, calling a taxi. Ayalla was holding the bag, as well as the phone to her ear. "Hi, yeah, uhm I'd like a cab from Northern to Western please," she said, and the dispatcher seemed to reply. "Woah, five minutes? Awesome, thank you," she smiled, hanging up on the phone before turning to look at the human. "Guess my luck hasn't run out just yet," she noted, smiling as she popped her phone back in her pocket.
Soon enough the taxi arrived and Ayalla climbed in on the backseat, kinda hoping that Darren would join her in the back, as the ride from North to West could take around twenty minutes. "Have you heard from Vanessa or Ethan?" she asked, trying to keep the conversation casual so she didn't have to think about how her heart was hurting.
Back to top Go down
Darren

Darren

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 12:08 am

Finding a few cheap beers and a cab seemed to be easier than he had expected. The evening was promising, though it was fine that they were just going as friends. He shook his head at her question, frowning a little. “Dont think Vanessa and I will be on speaking terms for a while. Not until.... she gets over the headache,” he said with a shrug. It wasnt that big of a deal to him, because he knew she would come along eventually. The night turned out pretty well for them, at least Darren thought so. He didnt have to deal with people’s thoughts as much and he could really just relax and be himself. Which made him feel by the time they got to his home, both battered by tiredness, that they were just a bit closer than before.

It had been a few weeks after the breakup and Darren was hanging out with Gareth and Ethan. Mostly Gareth was just popping some pills with some random girl by his side while music played in the background, the vibe was bearable. Darren however wasnt too happy about what he had found out about Ayalla and Gareth, but he had promised to keep his mouth shut. “Should we invite the girls over?” Gareth suddenly asked with a small smile on his lips, pulling out his phone before any of them could object. With one click the text was sent and Gareth almost instinctively looked af Darren with a sly smile on his lips; one that could come off as Gareth helping the guy, but Darren knew exactly what it meant.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 12:26 am

The night had been what she had needed; Just a friend whom she could talk to, someone who could relate to her and understand how complicated things could be at times. That night she had stayed at Darren's place, staying there on and off for a while, just to get herself some distance to Gareth. It had turned out it had been something she came to like a lot.

When she got the message, she sighed a bit to herself, looking at Vanessa, hoping she'd say something about not wanting to go. However it was clear that she wanted. Her and Ethan had been getting along more lately, and Ayalla was happy for her friend - but also worried. Worried that her best friend would end up getting hurt by the dickhead human. Groaning softly as she said she wanted to go, she opted to follow suit, just trying to keep things casual.
They got to his place rather fast - it wasn't a long walk. Walking in she saw the heavy smoke and they followed it to the living room, Ethan getting up to greet them with a big smile on his face. He was as blind to the things between Ayalla and Gareth as anyone would be if they couldn't read minds. However when the hybrid saw the girl with Gareth, she found herself biting the inside of her lips, moving over to sit down in a bean bag, crossing her legs as she looked at the people in the room. What surprised her a lot was the fact that Ethan didn't have a girl here, but she guessed some people got tired of him eventually. "You're not gonna offer us a drink?" Ayalla asked in a neutral tone, but her heart was burning.
Back to top Go down
Darren

Darren

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 12:47 am

Darren had wanted to yell at Gareth but involving Ethan would just make this whole ordeal much worse. It wasnt his place to unwrap either way, Ayalla could choose whenever she wanted it to be known. But seeing Vanessa and Ayalla step in to then see Ayalla’s reaction to the girl by Gareth’s side made him feel so shit. And he could just tell that Gareth didnt care. Vanessa greeted Ethan with a hug and a soft chuckle, but she also kept it rather formal, as she had to. Then she saw the girl. “Who’s this bimbo?” Vanessa asked a little confused, looking at the girl. “Manners Vanessa,” Gareth scolded her before he smiled to the girl. “This is Miranda. We’ve been hanging out for a while,” he said, making Vanessa groan. “I didnt know we were letting randos join us,” she said with a sigh, joining Ayalla on the beanbag. “What’s the plan then?” She asked, glancing towards Darren that was awfully quiet.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 12:53 am

Part of her felt rather relieved that her friend made a comment about the girl, but Ayalla just kept her eyes focused on her nails, picking at her black nail polish. "It stinks in here," she mumbled, getting up and walking over to the window, opening it up and sitting herself down in the window sill. This was just how it was going to be, and she had known that going in to it. She found her phone, just looking at it, scrolling through some social apps.

Ethan was happy to see Vanessa there, smiling and cracking a few jokes with her before the focus seemed to go to the new girl in the room. He couldn't help but chuckle as Vanessa called her a bimbo, taking the seat in the bean bag next to Vanessa once Ayalla got up. "Oi, iss meant to smell," he said, frowning a little, shrugging as he only saw Ayalla as being the snob queen once more. "Anyways, I was thinking of us goin' clubbing' n shite - I mean last time didn't go as planned," he suggested with a bright smile on his lips.
Back to top Go down
Darren

Darren

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 1:28 am

Gareth seemed to just completely ignore that Ayalla was even there, making Darren wonder if that was emotion he was seeing in the Prideux man. “You’ve always been sensitive,” the daemon replied to her mumble, smiling as he turned his attention to the girl at his side instead. Vanessa eyed them with a wrinkle on her nose, clearly unhappy with the intruder but she was like that with every girl that Gareth thought he could introduce to the group.
But she smiled at Ethan’s suggestion, nodding as she looked to Ayalla. “Sounds good Aya?” she asked. Darren sighed and got up. “I kinda wanna skip out tonite, yeah?“ he said in a tired tone, making Gareth look at him. “Come on Darren, you’ve been sleeping all day till now. You should come,” he encouraged him. Darren looked to Ayalla, wanting to hear what she thought.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 10:19 am

Ayalla scoffed at the daemon's remark, shrugging as she just sat in the windowsill being quiet. Ethan suggested going out, but she didn't know if it was a good idea. She was upset, but she was hiding it very well, her face blank as she just looked at the garden outside. Then Darren said he was heading home, and she turned to look at the human get up. She could understand if he found it awkward, but Ayalla wasn't trying to make it so, and now she felt guilty again. "Just a few drinks, Dare," she said, letting him know that it was her intention to go. She couldn't risk losing face, but she also felt a bit broken down from the fact that Gareth was practically smothering this Miranda girl. Was she jealous? Probably. She would've never been able to do something like that with him, not even if she had wanted to, but it was only a bitter taste in her mouth at this point. She got up, ignoring Gareth as she walked over to Vanessa. "Besides, it's been ages since we've danced together," she said, pulling a faint smile as she took her friend's hand.

Ethan smiled and jumped to his feet, making Vanessa plop down a little on the beanbag. He slapped his hands together, rubbing them as he chuckled. "Clubbin' it is, mate!" he said excitedly as he went out to put his shoes on.
Back to top Go down
Darren

Darren

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 9:09 pm

“Yeah just a few drinks, having a good time?” Gareth added, making Darren sigh in slight frustration. Why was this jerk just enjoying this so much? Like it was just a game. “Fine. I’ll come. But A is right. It stinks in here,” he said before he walked out to the garden to get some fresh air. The pills were good, it felt like Samuel had actually made something that could tone out all the noise. But that meant he couldnt really tell what Gareth was thinking... or maybe planning.

Vanessa watched Darren leave and wrinkled her nose a little. “Is there a reason why he’s moody?” She asked, looking at both Gareth and then Ethan. Gareth shrugged. “He’s been moody ever since he came here, he’s just been quiet about it up until now” the daemon said, looking to Miranda as he lifted a hand to caress her cheek. “I’m guessing he’s getting tired of waiting,” he then said as he eyed Ayalla while still keeping his hand on Miranda’s cheek.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 12:48 pm

Ayalla felt bad now, she didn't want to pressure Darren in to going if he really didn't want to, but she also couldn't lose face to Gareth. Swallowing she looked down as he left, and then Gareth spoke about him getting tired of waiting. Waiting for what? She looked at the daemon, frowning as she felt disgusted and decided to go after Darren. She wasn't sure if it was the right move, but she found him down in the garden. Approaching him she felt almost sheepish. "Dare, are you alright?" she asked, reaching out to touch his back carefully. She didn't have to be afraid of the feedback, but losing the close friendship they had built was more heartbreaking than what Gareth was doing now.
"If it's about G, just ignore him ... I can handle it," she promised, although she wasn't so sure. She felt like her stomach was in knots and she wanted to throw up. She looked at the sculpture, the one she had broken the last time and wondered why it hadn't been fixed yet. "Dare, speak to me," she said, almost pleading.
Back to top Go down
Darren

Darren

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 1:27 pm

He stood outside with his eyes closed, taking in a few deep breaths to calm himself. It was true that he had been quiet since he came but that mostly came from him not wanting to snap at Gareth and make Ethan suspect something. He felt Ayalla’s hand on his back but he was still in the middle of calming himself. Luckily his ability wasnt acting out, so he didnt have to worry about hurting her. Her promise just made him sigh deeply as he opened his eyes and looked around the garden. He wanted to confess so bad, but the timing was the worst. And he didnt want to be ridiculed by Gareth or possibly pitied by Ayalla.
“He’s just a dickhead innit” he finally said, looking at her with tired eyes. “This is all jus’ a game to him, nothin’ more,” he explained, though he hadnt been able to tune in on anyone’s thoughts all day; which had been relieving, but it also meant he couldnt know whether Gareth was scheming. “I want to punch him, but Ethan would start asking questions and as dumb as he looks, he’s a straight up lie detector,” he explained, shaking his head before looking down. He then looked at her. “He shouldnt be disrespecting you like this,” he sighed before he looked out on the garden once again.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 1:41 pm

Ayalla swallowed, looking at him as he called Gareth insensitive, and she couldn't do anything but agreed. However she hadn't expected it to be easy, she knew how cruel the daemon could be. But it still hurt. She shook his head as he spoke about punching him, looking at him before his eyes moved to the garden once more. "He's an asshole ... But when you're here I know I'm not alone," she said, looking down to his hands. She reached forward, taking one of them in her own. "I know this is just the beginning of his cruelty, but having you there with me, knowing and supporting me ... Could I really ask for more?" she asked, smiling however her eyes were still sad. Her heart felt like it was in pieces, and she was afraid it was going to stay in that broken state for the rest of her life. But having Darren there gave her hope that maybe time would heal all wounds.
She just held his hand, there was really nothing more to it, but it calmed her. Part of her knew that Gareth would be sure to make a snarky remark if he saw them right now. "I want to show him that I'm strong without him, that he doesn't own me anymore," she whispered, frowning as a thought popped in to her head, but she didn't want to ask that of Darren. She cared for the human, she really did, but her heart felt too broken to handle the thought of loving again. "I can trust you and you can trust me, right Dare?" she asked carefully. Maybe he would call her crazy, but she just needed to know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A change of heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change of heart   A change of heart Empty

Back to top Go down

A change of heart
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next