Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information
World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2021
Season | Spring
Month | April

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
A Rift in Dimensions
<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Quite the Change EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

Comments: 0
<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Quite the Change EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

<News> Important activity notice and a few changes!
Quite the Change EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 3:04 pm by bels
Important activity notice and a few changes
September - 2020

General information
Oh me oh my, what a few months this has been! The world feels like it has been turned upside down, but we are still here. First off we would like to apologize for what might seem as a lack of visibility …

<News> Reworked and an Expansion!
Quite the Change EmptyTue May 19, 2020 9:38 pm by bels
Reworked and an Expansion!
May - 2020

General information
Our rework is mostly over! A few pieces might still be missing, but we are hoping to catch them as they appear. Despite what people might think of admins, we are not all knowing and all seeing (lol). However we hope that this …

<News> Time for a Change!
Quite the Change EmptyTue May 05, 2020 3:56 pm by bels
Time for a Change!
May - 2020

General information
Kaleidoscope has now been live for five months in total. We are very pleased to see some newcomers, and yet we feel like we haven't fleshed out the world as we had intended originally.
In the coming month there will be some drastic …

Quite the Change

Go down 
Elora

Elora

Full name : Eloaria Theodora Aelius

Quite the Change Empty
PostSubject: Quite the Change   Quite the Change EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 10:42 pm

@James <3

It had been a couple of days after the accident. She knew better than to be avoiding James, especially because there had been no indicators that she was going away. The lycan was too stubborn and Elora wasnt sure how she would handle the situation if he was the one to seek her out. So she asked him to come to the park, hoping that being out in public would dampen whatever reaction he may have when he saw her. She was still getting used to the fact that she only had one eye. Being able to skim through her coloured lenses had always obscured her vision, but not having an eye at all had proven to be quite difficult. How many times had she misjudged the distance of something and walked straight into a painful experience? She looked as a few colourful birds flew by, chirping their tunes. A small smile spread on her lips as she watched them, through the eye that wasnt covered by a medical eyepatch.
Back to top Go down
James

James

Full name : James Ellis Wesley

Quite the Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quite the Change   Quite the Change EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 10:59 pm

James had been worried sick, he had enough trouble making sure that whatever was going on in Southern wouldn't spread further. Mars had been dropped off at kindergarten, and here he was heading out to see the only thing that right now brought him any hope. Solstice had been such a great time, and while he didn't get to say what he had wanted to say, it had still felt like he had gotten a little braver around the daemon. Mars had been clinging to Andrew the whole night, and his girlfriend had been rather eager to entertain his son, so him and Elora had finally gotten to have conversations. He missed her on the daily, the kind of longing that he felt you only heard about in songs.
He looked around, spring was in the air, along with some doom looming from Southern District, but most people seemed to just continue living their lives. With curfew put in place, most people were out during the day, making sure to get everything done. Walking through the park he stopped as he saw the back of her head, her hair so recognizable to him. Not that he knew why he noticed it, but he just did. He came closer, smiling to himself, scoffing at his chirpy mood as he wrapped his arms around her from behind, placing a brief kiss against her temple. "Hello beautiful," he said, mostly in teasing, but he meant his words. Leaning away, he walked around her, now facing her before his face seemed to change in demeanor.
His brows furrowed, and the corners of his mouth went down as he had to blink a few times. "Elly ... Wha-what has happened - Oh my gods, are you alright?" He was freaking out a bit, but trying to be as calm as he could while they were out.
Back to top Go down
Elora

Elora

Quite the Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quite the Change   Quite the Change EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 11:27 pm

It was actually quite a pain having to look through the lens when she only had one eye. Some days were better than others, but today was actually not that bad; At least taking in the fact that she hadnt walked into anything... yet. She heard his footsteps and looked slightly down, not that she would be able to tell if it was him before he spoke to her. The way he wrapped his arms around her however was all she needed to know and his words would have made her smile, if it wasnt that she hadnt felt weirder than she did lately. She watched as he moved to face her, frowning a little before moving her gaze down. His reaction was expected, but she knew he was keeping himself in check now that they were out in public. "I am fine," she lied with a small smile. But how was she going to explain it? She looked so conflicted because now she wasnt so sure on where to start and what to disclose. "I just had to see you before you'd go all master detective on me and find me first." she admitted with a sigh.
Back to top Go down
James

James

Quite the Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quite the Change   Quite the Change EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 11:36 pm

It was weird to see her with an eyepatch, but the way she looked down made him feel bad about bringing it up - even though it was right there. He sat down in front of her, trying to catch her gaze to the best of his abilities. He knew she usually avoided eye contact, but she had to at least acknowledge that he was there. Reaching out, he took her hands between his own warm, holding them for a second as she came clear with an admittance; Though it wasn't really what he had hoped to hear.
"Elly, I know you are clumsy, but you're not hurting your eyes clumsy," it wasn't meant to hurt her by saying that, but he hoped that she understood what he meant. He wanted to know what had happened, he wanted the full story, and with her hands in his he thought that at least she would be honest with him. He cared for her on a level he didn't even dare think about too much, because that was just a one way trip to getting his heart broken all over again. "Please tell me, or would you rather I use my so called detective skills to find out?" He wanted to hug her, to really hold her close and ensure her that he was there for her, that he was sorry that she had gotten hurt in this way. And he was also angry with himself, because wasn't he supposed to be the friend that could protect her? Not that she couldn't do that herself, but maybe it was just his stupid male brain wanting to smash something or someone in - at least whoever had hurt her.
Back to top Go down
Elora

Elora

Quite the Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quite the Change   Quite the Change EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 2:14 am

His warm hands holding hers was always such a good feeling. It always made her feel some sort of guilt for what she had done to him. She could sense that he was trying to catch her gaze and she looked up at him but it was like the lens was taking too much of her view for her to actually see him. He was right, this was never something she could have done on her own. Or she could but only in her mind and it didnt seem so bad as just a fantasy. “You shouldnt. It’s not safe for you or your son to meddle in my business,” she said a little coldly, but then gritted her teeth and looked away. She didnt know why she was feeling so frustrated with herself. “It has something to do with that pillar,” she said, looking up and towards the pillar, even if she couldnt see it, she could feel it. “It’s best if we dont talk for a while,” she said in a serious tone, looking back at him.
Back to top Go down
James

James

Quite the Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quite the Change   Quite the Change EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 9:46 am

He was met by the colored contact, but he desperately wanted to look in to her real eye. The color of them were calming to him, warm and inviting, while these were white and obscuring what could've been. The way she spoke, it made his heart ache slightly, because her cold tone wasn't one he was used to. Was it really so bad to want to make her happy? As she mentioned the pillar he swallowed, turning his head to look at the darkness sprouting up in to the air. So far it was mainly in Southern District, but he had heard around town that some people were seeing shadows entering Central.
"Alright, we won't talk about it then," he said, breathing out in a sigh, greeting her gaze with his own sea blue ones. Lifting one hand from holding hers, he touched her cheek under the eye patch. Part of him wanted this to be some cruel joke, that he could remove the patch and she was unscathed underneath. However he also knew that it wasn't very likely. Elora was not one to fake serious injuries. "How about we go out for some drinks?" he suggested, smiling softly because it was not really the right time for drinking, but he felt like him and his best friend needed some cheering up. "I can get a nanny for Mars, we can go have fun like old times?"
Back to top Go down
Elora

Elora

Quite the Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quite the Change   Quite the Change EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 2:54 pm

She nodded as he agreed to not talk about it. It was just for the best, rather not have him mixed into the whole thing. Especially because Simeon was back and he was far too unpredictable to even be let near James or his son. His suggestion however made her scrunch her nose, but it didnt do much to soften her serious demeanor. "Go out for drinks?" she asked like she couldnt really believe he was suggesting that. She sighed and looked down. She knew he was just trying to cheer her up, but it wasnt what she needed this time around. "The world is crumbling around us and you want to go to a bar?" she asked, scoffing before she looked up at him again. "I'm sorry... I just..." she mumbled, shaking her head as she took a step back. She felt her eye well up and moved her gaze away.
Back to top Go down
James

James

Quite the Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quite the Change   Quite the Change EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 3:14 pm

James felt like biting his tongue. He wasn't sure what to do with all of this, he just wanted to cheer her up, make her smile and not look so serious. He hated this serious talk, about the world ending and everything crumbling - couldn't she try and see the positive in all of this? They still had hope, right? She got up and all of a sudden was moving away from him. Had he done something wrong? And now she was apologizing - wow, how much of an idiot had he been?
He stepped closer, placing his hands on her upper arms, trying to catch her avoiding gaze. "Elly, whatever you're going through, I'm going to be there for you," he promised in a soft spoken voice. He was terrified of the thought of losing her. He cared for her, he honestly loved her and yet he felt his tongue tie every time he wanted to express that. "I-I," but he cut himself off once again, breathing out in a heavy sigh. If the world was ending, then this was his only chance at confessing, so why wasn't he taking it? "I want to spend time with you, alright? Is that really so bad?" he asked, letting go of her arms. He couldn't force her, that wasn't in his nature.
Back to top Go down
Elora

Elora

Quite the Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quite the Change   Quite the Change EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 8:16 pm

"Yeah, right you are," she said like she didnt quite believe it, doing her best to just avoid looking at him. Maybe she was the one being problematic in the moment, but she had her reasons for it. She just kept looking away as best as she could, her jaw trembling a little. His question just made her turn her head to look right down, still avoiding his eyes. "It's actually the worst," she admitted in frustration, feeling a few tears roll down her cheeks. "You want to spend time with me when you're so oblivious to the obvious," she said in a harsh tone, feeling her mouth dry up just at the thoughts in her mind. She sobbed and shook her head. She was self destructive, but not suicidal. She covered her mouth as she started crying. She really was the worst, wasnt she? She had always believed she had had some sort of high ground over her siblings, but in the end she was just like them.
Back to top Go down
James

James

Quite the Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quite the Change   Quite the Change EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 8:48 pm

James felt his heart stop for a second. The worst? Was he really that unbearable to be around? He scoffed softly as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing, his frown sticking on his brow as he tried figuring out what she was trying to say. Then she started to sob, and in pure instinct he walked closer to her, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close to his chest. He could feel her pain, but not it all as there wasn't a lot of skin to skin touch. "C'mon Elly, whatever I did, I'm sorry, alright, I'm here," he mumbled in a hushed voice, kissing the top of her head. He hated seeing her cry, and it felt like he had seen that more often lately. He could feel his emotions in his chest bubble up, kissing her head again, then kissing her forehead softly.
He tried meeting her gaze, but his breath seemed to halter. "Whatever it is, we'll figure it out together," he mumbled gently pushing some of her hair away from her face. If by any chance she finally gave in and looked at him, he wouldn't be able to stop himself from leaning down to connect their lips.
Back to top Go down
Elora

Elora

Quite the Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quite the Change   Quite the Change EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 9:31 pm

This was definitely worse than whatever was happening, worse than Simeon coming back. She had no idea how to even handle her emotions because it had always just been so easy to pack it all away. She leaned into his arms without knowing why, she had never liked comfort like this but it seemed to be the only thing that made sense. He was just so good at making it seem like he could push the troubles away, make sure that whatever was hurting would eventually stop. She looked up through her tears, just to feel his lips as he leaned down. She felt her heart burst but then the guilt quickly washed over and surely he felt that as she pushed herself away from him and out of his arms, her eye flaring up in both guilt and anger. "Why the hell did you do that?!" she yelled, feeling the panic spread as she wanted to emphasize on her anger rather than have him wonder about the guilt she had felt in the moment. Damned lycans! Damn him!
Back to top Go down
James

James

Quite the Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quite the Change   Quite the Change EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 9:43 pm

He was a simple guy, he lived what he would describe as a simple life, and that was how he liked it. But something about Elora had never truly made sense. She hung around even though she had a much more exciting life - at least from how it seemed - and that was perhaps why he was so adamant on keeping her in his life. She was spectacular, a person you rarely got to meet, and he was so lucky to call her his friend. He knew he had loved her for a long time, knew that these feelings would eventually combust, but he had hoped that it hadn't been under these circumstances.
At first he felt her lips, and then her aching heart, as if it was calling out to him. A sudden rush of relief, that maybe she felt the same, maybe he wasn't kidding himself, but then the mood changed. The guilt and the anger rushed forward and he felt her push him away. He was standing a step away from her, not holding her anymore and he felt so empty. Why did she feel guilty?
Her angry outburst had him stunned, because for a second he thought that maybe there was a glimmer of hope? Maybe he could actually start feeling something with his heart after Cecilia had died. He had thought it wouldn't ever happen, that a love once a lifetime was all you got. But Elora had taken his pain and he had started to hope again. However now that was gone too.
"I-" he opened his mouth but he had no real reason beside that was what his body had been telling him for so long. He wanted to be more than just her friend, but right now he was afraid that he had ruined a perfectly healthy friendship. "Elly, I-" but what reason could he give her?
Back to top Go down
Elora

Elora

Quite the Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quite the Change   Quite the Change EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 5:51 pm

Shit, shit, shit! Her mind was racing with thoughts, her heart pounding so hard in her chest and she frankly didnt know what to do with herself. She however didnt break down this time, instead her expression just seemed to harden even more as she took a step forward and gave him a solid push before she shook her head and clenched her hands. She had to be strong, that was at least the lie she fed herself in the moment. She dried her cheek before her eye flared with anger. "What made you think you had the right?!" she sneered, feeling her heart ache with every word in the worst way possible. "What drove you to the insane conclusion that I would ever be feeling the same? I thought you knew when I made you join that dating app! That I could possibly never love you," her words were poison, but she felt like it had to be. As long as he was focused on his own aching heart, she wouldnt lose him, just yet, not fully. "Dont you... ever think that there could be an us. There could never! You hear me?!" she felt her voice break but she forced herself to keep talking.
Back to top Go down
James

James

Quite the Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quite the Change   Quite the Change EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 6:19 pm

The insane conclusion. He felt a cold sweat run down his back as he heard that, just feeling the weight of her pushing him back, and his body just swayed slightly. He could feel his jaw tighten, feeling how those emotions try and hide again, but they were out and he was watching as his world came crumbling down. His vision blurred, and he realized he was crying, but he couldn't stop looking at her. Why did she have to make this so brutal? Was he really that unlikeable? Blinking a few times he looked down, his posture changing as he felt the shame rise in him. He had always been warned that he was too much of a lycan, acting too irrational and too in touch with his emotions - and now he was starting to wonder if this was why people kept leaving him. And if Mars would eventually get tired of him as well?
"I hear you," he replied in a defeated voice, his mouth felt dry and a lump was in his throat. He had felt like this before, but he thought he was just over reacting. "I - uh," he wiped away his tear with the back of his hand, "I should really get going." Feeling like a coward wasn't nice, but it stung even more to know that he had hurt Elora. She was one of the few normal things in his life that brought him genuine joy, and now he had been selfish enough to ruin it. He took a step backwards, feeling like his knees were weak as jello, not even daring to look up to see her anger again. How could he ever forgive himself for this? "I'm so sorry," he mumbled before hurrying off.
Back to top Go down
Elora

Elora

Quite the Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quite the Change   Quite the Change EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 9:40 pm

This was definitely over the line but she felt like she had to cross it. Just dig her foot in deep and hope the damage wouldnt tear him apart completely, because it sure felt like it was doing it's best to pull her apart. But she didnt even have to see him clearly to know that her words had hit hard. A bitter taste spread in her mouth, like the poison she had just spoken to him and for a second she felt that urge to just take it all back. Run to him and wrap her arms around him, apologize profusely and hope that she could undo her vileness. But she stood her ground, her jaw trembling in what seemed like anger but it was really just sorrow. But she was an Aelius, this was what she had been bred to do; Despicable things no one thought possible. As he hurried off, she pulled the contact out of her eye to watch his figure quickly disappear or maybe it was because she started crying. She covered her mouth to whisper, "Please dont go," but it was so faint that not even the wind would carry it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
James

James

Quite the Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quite the Change   Quite the Change EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 10:40 am

It felt like he had been crushed by a boulder, but he couldn't just wallow in hurt. He had responsibilities, he had a kid to take care of and even if he felt like his heart had just been ripped out, he had to continue the day. It felt very surreal, and in fact he felt very distant from everything around him. Mars was sensing it as well, but the kid was so young that he couldn't find words to help his father. It was grief all over again, but this time it was almost worse - because Elora was still alive, he could still get to see her, but the pain of doing that would unravel everything once more.
Weeks went by, and things weren't really getting better - besides the fact that James had gotten better at hiding the pain. He felt blessed in a way to have Mars, because he knew he wouldn't be alone and the fact that he couldn't just hide away until the pain disappeared did help his mental state. His parents were in town, something they rarely did, but it gave him a chance to get in a few extra hours at the car repair shop.
He was laying under a car, his fingers pretty dirty and rust had fallen on his hair and face as he was trying to loosen up an old bolt. He had kept himself busy, even though when he was lying awake at night, he pulled up the old texts between him and Elora. Was he torturing himself? Paining himself with the fact that every time he had written something, he knew that what she wrote back was just platonic. He felt like he had been delusional, like he had forced a narrative on to her that shouldn't have been there. Guilt was still a very strong emotion in him.
Breathing out in a huff, he moved out from under the car, wiping some sweat from his cheek and ended up smearing dirt on his face as well. He sat for a while, frowning as his head kept spinning with thoughts. This. This was why he hated being alone. He overthought things, and felt his emotions ravish his insides for hours on end, but for some reason he reached for his phone. He hadn't dared contacting her, he had even contemplating just deleting her number, but for some reason he was convinced he could remember her number by heart.

[Texts between Elora and James]
[James (23:46):] Are you awake?

Sending that text was hard, mostly because he was afraid she had already blocked his number. He pressed send, putting his phone down as he got to his feet. He needed to get done with work so that he could go home and hopefully just crash and sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quite the Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quite the Change   Quite the Change Empty

Back to top Go down

Quite the Change
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Churchill :: Eastern District :: Emerald Park-
Jump to: