Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

How many can say they'd raise hell for love?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Darren

Darren

Full name : Darren (nothing more)
Quote : I dont need a radio or a TV to keep myself entertained when the upstairs neighbour has 7 cats.

How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 7:11 pm

Darren didnt really know about this girl either but unlike Ethan he couldnt bother to stress himself further by thinking about it. So when she bumped into him, he just made sure that neither of them fell, agreeing to help her. He frowned a little as she started taking off her shoes, scratching his neck as he looked at Ethan for a second, signaling him to stop digging. He helped her back up once her shoes were off and he just looked so confused by it all. He didnt want to say it, but he didnt think it would work until the girl started pointing in directions. Watching Vanessa walk off towards the direction, he looked from one girl to the other. "How does that work?" he asked her.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

Full name : Ethan Spencer
Quote : I think boundaries are for chickens and boxes are for cereal.

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 7:24 pm

Ethan took Vanessa's hands and got to his feet, narrowing his eyes at the girl. He didn't trust this, not one bit. Since when were strangers helping them? She cupped his face, and his eyes softened up slightly, because it wasn't her he was angry with. Rather he was frustrated that he was so powerless. Just a stupid human. Breathing out he tried calming himself as the girl yelled out a direction. Hesitantly he took the shovel and moved with Vanessa until they reached the point where the girl had pointed out. Then it was all about digging.
The girl turned her head towards the tall guy that had helped her, tilting her head a little to the side. "I can sense the earth, sense vibrations basically, but also fluids ... It's kinda complicated," she confessed. Another thing was the fact that he wouldn't be able to read her mind, a very strange feat, but she didn't know that of course. Feeling dizzy she swayed a bit before wrapping her arms around herself to stand stable. "Could you grab my shoes?" she asked, walking ahead to the place that the girl and boy had went. It was still not something she was all that good at handling, but she was doing alright, as long as she felt the earth beneath her feet and the fresh soil.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 7:24 pm

Buffy had been fighting this coffin for too long now. Her air supply was running out, but she was trying to stay calm, taking slow shallow breaths, clawing carefully at the lid. Her nails and hands were bloody, her clothes dirty from soil having seeped through the coffin itself. "Belial, please hold on, I'm on my way," she whispered, but she was starting to lose hope.
Back to top Go down
Darren

Darren

Quote : I dont need a radio or a TV to keep myself entertained when the upstairs neighbour has 7 cats.

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 7:40 pm

Darren looked on as Ethan and Vanessa looked for the spot, listening to the girl explain her ability. He hadnt been able to hear her thoughts either but it was hard to tell with all the chatter under the ground. “Yes, sure,” he said as he looked around for her shoes, grabbing them as the others were digging. “Is that why you’re here?” He asked, holding her shoes and offering to supoort her if she needed any. He just hoped that the girl was right and they’d be able to get out of this place.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

Full name : Vanessa Yael Prideux
Quote : Ever wished you werent born?

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 7:40 pm

Vanessa could feel that glimmer of hope, looking down at the ground as it seemed to be here. She wasted no time, hacked the shovel in deep and started digging. She was just praying that the fenix wasnt a goner at this point. Her body was so exhausted but she kept digging even if her movements got sluggish. She wasnt a grave digger, this was some hard stuff on her arms. Hitting something hard she let go of the shovel, brushing off the lid before pulling at it. She noticed it had been nailed shut which was weird compared to all the other coffins. “We need to lift it out,” she said with a tired tone.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 8:02 pm

"No, I'm here because I'm blind, and my parents believe that being near the temples might work a miracle," she said in a soft voice, "and no, it hasn't worked yet." She reached where the two were digging, nodding as they hit a coffin. It was definitely from there she had felt the life.
Ethan gestured to Darren, making him grab one end while he grabbed the other side. They somehow managed to hoist it out, frowning at the fact that it was nailed shut. That was strange. Wedging the shovel edge between the wood, he took a step back before jumping on the shaft of the shovel, making the lid budge. There was quiet for a second before a loud gasp was heard from within the coffin. He could barely believe his ears, looking around in disbelief to see if the others had heard that as well before landing his eyes on the strange girl. He muttered a soft apology before he wedged the shovel in once more, jumping on the shaft until the lid came completely loose.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 8:02 pm

It felt surreal, the coffin was moving! What was going on, and she started to bang on the thick wood, yelling for help, but it seemed like no-one replied. That was until there was a break in the lid, and she could finally take a deep breath, feeling the oxygen reenter her system. She felt dizzy, but as the rest of the lid came loose and removed, she sat up. The light was almost unbearable for her eyes. She was shaking, her face and body dirty with soil and blood. Her own blood. "Vanessa?" she whispered in a hoarse voice, almost in disbelief. Her vision fell blurry again, her head pounding and she had to close her eyes for a while.
Back to top Go down
Darren

Darren

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 8:12 pm

Darren frowned a little at her words. "Well, I'm sorry to hear that," he just said but he wasnt sure if that was the right thing to say. It just seemed a little odd, liking something he couldnt relate to and therefore know what was like. He had been abandoned for his abilities, left at a facility that only wanted to use him. That was weird to think about right in this moment. He instead went to help get the coffin out of the ground, hoping this would be the last one. He let Ethan get it open, all the nails sort of putting him off. He wasnt up to get some infection if he slipped and cut himself. But as a sound came from within the coffin and it seemed to be someone who was actually alive, Darren felt that relief he had been hoping for all day. "Thank fuck," he mumbled, rubbing his forehead that was covered in dirt and sweat.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 8:12 pm

As the lid was taken off and it was Buffy who was inside, Vanessa felt her eyes water and she smiled. She could almost throw herself over the fenix from joy but decided to keep the rash reaction to herself. "Buffy," she said in relief, reaching down to help the fenix out, carry her if she had to. "Okay, we can leave now," she said to the others, tears running down her face. She thanked the blindfolded girl, promising she would come back and repay the favour eventually before they all went back. Staying around here with the angry mob just waiting to form was not what they needed now. At home the fenix was placed on the couch and Vanessa went to change her clothes and clean her face. A shower had to wait. She put some tea over and felt her hand shake as she stood in the kitchen, unable to stop it. She had really been pushing her limits this time hadnt she?
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 8:27 pm

Ethan felt like he could finally breathe, but the problem remaining was what they needed to do now? Like they had he fenix, but what were they supposed to do with her? He guess it was nice to save a life, but once again he was confused. The girl took back her shoes, giving Darren's hand a small reassuring squeeze, feeling how he was relieved even without seeing it. "Don't be strangers," she said as a goodbye before a group of clergies came to grab her and guide her back in to the temples.
Getting back to the apartment he felt a little empty, because these last weeks had been about this moment now. And it was over. Vanessa went to change and he did the same, washing his face and hands as well before he came in to the kitchen. He could see how she was shaking, and he walked to her, taking her hand. "Hiya," he whispered in a soft voice, lifting her hand up to kiss it gently if she let him. "You need rest, and lots of it ... You did it, Vane, you got the fenix, and now you can relax, alright?" he said encouraging. He knew had been frustrated when they had been out and about, but he still knew that he wouldn't regret helping in this.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 8:27 pm

Disorientation was clear as the fenix got to her feet and stumbled a bit, but she was grateful that the others helped her. Inside the apartment she was put on the couch, still coming to herself and shaking a bit from time to time. "What happened?" she whispered, her brain in shambles, so many memories flooding her thoughts as she was trying to remember. Then everything hit her, everything with Baal, the Abyssus and her controlling his body. "He needs me," she mumbled, struggling to stand up, her wounds on her hands reopening as she had to use her hand strength to not fall over the coffee table.
Back to top Go down
Darren

Darren

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 8:44 pm

Darren wasnt sure what it was about the blind girl but she just seemed so calm and content in all this chaos. It might have been something that should have put him off, but differently he actually wished that he could feel the same as her. Coming back to the apartment he sat down in the couch, luckily it was long enough for the fenix to be able to lay. He heard her whisper, but luckily he could keep out of her thoughts, now that he could finally take the pills that Samuel had made for him. It felt nice to not hear everything around him once again, but now he just had a headache. She got up and he barely got up too as she was about to stumble. "Nono, chill out lady, get back" he said, guiding her back to the couch. "Look at your hands," he just said, because it was definitely something she needed to have checked out.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 8:45 pm

She stared at her shaking hand, feeling like looking away would only make it spread through her body. Then Ethan came and took the hand and she felt strong enough to stop it again. "I cant give in yet," she said in a saddened tone, because she knew that it would be a while before she was alright again. She hadnt gone this long with stress without breaking down before. It was like holding back a tic, it only made the tic worse once it finally was allowed to come out. She heard Darren's voice and looked up at Ethan. "It's only just beginning," she said, feeling like she had been leading them on to believe that this was the end. She gave his hand a soft squeeze and sighed before letting go to instead take his hand. Heading back to the living room she looked at Buffy with dreadful eyes. "I know where he is. But you need to recover before you go see him. I dont think it's really him anymore," she said in a sad tone, carefully sitting down on the coffee table in front of Buffy. Darren and Ethan had helped her this far, so she wasnt going to ask them to leave while she spoke about what had happened after Buffy left the summoner's body. And she didnt spare the details either.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 8:55 pm

Ethan felt bad, not because he felt tricked, but because he couldn't help out in the slightest. He nodded, taking her hand and following her back in to the living room. It was hard seeing someone you loved fight so hard for something he couldn't even comprehend.
The fenix was standing? He frowned, walking over to help her down, even though she might not want the help. While Vanessa explained, he kept mostly in the background, fetching the tea once he heard the kettle boil. There really wasn't a lot he could say or do, but he did wonder what all of this meant. He knew very little about daemons and their ways, so all of this sounded very much like doomsday talk to him.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 8:56 pm

"I am fine, I just need to get to him in time, please," she said, begging at this point. She had felt the shift in him, she knew what could happen, but as Vanessa unleashed all of the information she sat still. Her eyes saddening, her lower lip trembling as she felt the world crashing in around her. She couldn't lose him, she just wouldn't accept that. But something didn't click. "Wait, how long was I gone for?" she asked with a heavy frown on her brows.
Back to top Go down
Darren

Darren

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 9:07 pm

Once the fenix had settled in and Vanessa started explaining, Darren just felt himself drift off. He couldnt even comprehend trying to listen to Vanessa explain the whole context. He had done what was asked of him and now he just needed some rest for his heavy head.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 9:09 pm

As Ethan brought the tea, Vanessa poured a cup for Buffy, handing it to her. Hopefully she could hold it but Vanessa wasnt letting go till she was sure. "I do think it's beyond too late, his sister locked herself in that room with him, and from what I know, he'd never hurt her. I just fear he has," she said in a saddened tone. Buffy's question made her swallow as she drew in a deep breath. "A couple of weeks. A month?" she said in a thoughtful tone but that definitely wasnt a good thing. She sniffled and looked down. "I took so long and wasted everyone's time because I didnt know where to look," she said. "But it doesnt matter," she quickly said and rubbed her nose. "You cant leave until you've healed. He's not going anywhere if they havent opened the room. Unless the blop has eaten the whole building," she said in a tone that said that it was the last thing she wanted.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 9:31 pm

He knew he wasn't of much help right now, but he at least had to support Vanessa in all of this. "Vane, ya did grand ... Ya found her and that was what ya were tasked to do," he reminded his girlfriend, squeezing her shoulders lightly. He wasn't going to let her beat herself up like this, because from his point of view she had done everything and more.
He looked over at Darren, sighing softly as he went to him. "Imma put this boy to bed, aight ... Just holla at me if ya need me," he said, walking over to pick up Darren with a grunt. The guy was heavy when he was sleeping, but the fella clearly needed it.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 9:31 pm

"A month?" she repeated in disbelief. How could this have happened? She only felt gone for a few seconds before she woke up in the coffin. Looking down in to her tea she sighed. "Alyssa is strong, she can keep down an entire army with just her willpower," she breathed out, but that didn't mean she wasn't worried. She worried for her daughter, worried about Amos, hoped that they were safe and away from all of this. She worried about Alyssa, hoping to see her unharmed. But mostly she worried about Baal. She wanted to see him, hold him close even if it would be for the last time. They had been fighting before her soul had gotten caught, and she feared that it would be the last memories of them together.
"I'm a fenix, I heal pretty well ... I just need a shower and some clean clothes," she said, having made up her mind. "But you need rest; So first thing in the morning and then we're off, alright?" she said, knowing she couldn't just drag this kind daemon in to more mess.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 10:06 pm

Vanessa nodded as confirmation, it had really been a month about now. Time surely had passed fast and Vanessa wasnt sure she was happy about the thought, even if Ethan was saying comforting words. Had her effort really been satisfactory? Probably not to her own standard, but she was a Prideux after all. Biting her lip she made a small nod to the notion about Alyssa. She truly hoped that that was the case, but if he had an ancient artifact in his chest, could she really fight off the amount of unholy power? Vanessa didnt even know if she knew how dangerous it could be, but she wasnt thinking that it was an easy task.
Ethan headed off with Darren and she mumbled a sweet goodnight towards her boyfriend before she looked back at Buffy. "I think I have something you can fit into," she said, getting up a little carefully. Her body was really tired. "Let me get you a towel and stuff..." she mumbled, walking into her bedroom to fetch a large towel and something Buffy could wear for the night. "You can have the bed if you'd like. I think Ethan and Darren are cuddling right now, so I can take the sofa," she said with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 10:36 pm

"No, I'll take the couch - You look like you could use more sleep, especially if I just spent a month doing that," of course she hadn't been sleeping, but she didn't feel tired. "Besides, a couch is much more comfortable than a coffin, I can assure you that," she added, taking the towel and clothes with her. She was still rather shaky on her legs, but she would manage, as long as Vanessa went and got some rest. It must've taken a huge toll on the poor cambion, one that Buffy couldn't even begin to imagine.
She took a shower, cleaning off all of the dirt and blood that had accumulated, looking down the drain until the water turned clear. Once she was done she had a look at her fingers. Her nails were not looking too great, and the cuts on her fingers would definitely take time to heal. After getting dressed she looked herself in the mirror. Not bad for a dead girl, huh? Then she went to bed with the towel wrapped around her hair, because she couldn't be bothered to dry it.

//End of topic, to be continued//
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many can say they'd raise hell for love?   How many can say they'd raise hell for love? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

How many can say they'd raise hell for love?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4