Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
So we meet again EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
So we meet again EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
So we meet again EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
So we meet again EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
So we meet again EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

So we meet again

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyWed May 26, 2021 7:29 pm

@Ismael

Will was rather calm as he walked the burnt forest. He was still following Dahlia's orders, but something or rather someone had gotten in the way. "Oh, why do you daemon hunters always think you are so smart lurking around in the shadows?" he asked calmly, knowing he was being watched. He cared little for it, they were a bother and he would make sure to avoid them after this small standoff. "Are you still mad about not being born strong enough?" He scoffed, swinging out his arms, his chest open if they wanted to hit him. He was wearing an open white shirt that was torn and dirty, his pants used to be black, but were stained with the ash from the burnt trees around them.
Back to top Go down
Ismael

Ismael

Full name : Ismael Reeves

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyWed May 26, 2021 8:34 pm

Ismael knew he had walked into unknown territory. One thing was going around Churchill but it wasnt like it was discouraging to be on unfamiliar ground. The human had learned that if there was one thing he was really good at, it was to read his environment and figure out his advantages. Going head to head with a daemon was certain death. He had to be smart. The sudden question made a smile appear on his lips as he leaned back into his hiding space. This guy clearly didnt know what he was walking into. "Oh yeah, tell me more about the greatness of your scummy kind. I'm more than interested to know!" he yelled back, knowing he was giving away his position. But he wanted to do that. Holding onto a bottle, all he had to do was wait.
Back to top Go down

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyWed May 26, 2021 8:43 pm

Chuckling the daemon looked in the direction of the sound, a smile slowly spreading and the corners of his mouth curling up in a Cheshire like smile. "How about you tell me your name instead? It's not often I get to know the people I intend to kill," he said, finding this whole ordeal rather amusing. Will was strange, he didn't fear death like some other daemons did, in fact that was perhaps his greatest weakness. He cared so little for life itself that it had no meaning even for him. Perhaps that was why he found everything so funny, because people took life so seriously. "Are you here alone? Mhmm you smell like human, is that correct?" he said, just walking around the clearing looking like he was looking for him, but rather he was listening closely.
Back to top Go down
Ismael

Ismael

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyWed May 26, 2021 9:00 pm

By no means was Ismael really finding the situation that fun. He despised daemons like a pest, he could never find an interaction with them even remotely funny. But he was good at pretending. "No manners, huh?" he just replied in a mumble, listening to the footsteps, though the dusty wind was making it a little hard to determine. Ismael wasnt scared though, he had his escape in his hand if needed be. The question whether he was alone made him sigh. "Of course I am!" he lied. "Just another vigilante, out for blood!" he assured him, looking around for a bit, before he prayed that his partner wasnt going to fuck this up. Getting up to his feet, he retracted a gun from his belt, pointing it at the daemon. "Stand still, scum!" he demanded in a cold tone, aiming for the daemon's head to show he wasnt messing around.
Back to top Go down

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyWed May 26, 2021 9:07 pm

Will just kept moving, listening to the human talk. He had to hold back a laughter, because this man was not good at lying. But he could play along; The only thing he thought about was whether he had one or more other people with him. In that case it might be safer for him to just get away now. A few daemon hunters he could handle, but sometimes it was wiser to live another day - besides Dahlia was probably already furious with him sneaking off like this. He just couldn't help it.
"Now now, no need to be mad; My name is Will, and I'll be your daemon this evening," he said in a customer service voice, standing still with his hands folded behind his back. He just looked at the human, tilting his head to the side. "Oh no ... What's that behind you?" he said quite nonchalantly, pointing to a tree where his partner was hanging dead from a tree. "Awe, I guess he didn't like my games," he said, pouting as if he was sad, but really he found it quite amusing.
Back to top Go down
Ismael

Ismael

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyWed May 26, 2021 10:16 pm

"Never fucking asked," the human replied in a snarky tone, keeping the pistol on the daemon. Oh how he could feel the anger boil inside of him by just looking at a daemon such as this one. He put the bottle in his belt but never kept it far away from his hand just being able to pull it free and use it. The nonchalant remark made Ismael turn his head before he frowned deeply at the sight. He quickly snapped back, looking at the daemon once more. "You think this is funny? Killing people? You sick fuck," he hissed through gritted teeth. His partner had never really been the best, but on the other hand, Ismael had never really minded him. But it seemed that that was gone now.
Back to top Go down

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyWed May 26, 2021 10:29 pm

"Oh come on now, don't be so uptight," the daemon groaned, starting to move again, this time over to the hanging body. Looking it up and down he sighed, poking to the man's foot that was lifeless at this point. "Of course it's funny; The biggest joke ever told is death," he said, smiling from ear to ear as he looked at the human. He didn't look too young, maybe closer to thirty than to twenty, but his physique was nice. Will chuckled as he pushed the body harsh enough to let it fall down on the ground with a loud thump, stepping over the body to get closer to the human.
"Are you not going to use your gun?" he asked, tilting his head as he had noticed the bottle from earlier. It was probably some holy water. That was like poison to him, but hey, he was sure the bullets were specially made as well. Daemon hunters were rather resourceful when it came to inventing new weapons. "Or are we going to get to know each other a little? How about you tell me your name," he urged the human.
Back to top Go down
Ismael

Ismael

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyThu May 27, 2021 1:17 am

As the daemon started moving, Ismael should have just taken the shot. It would have been easier, mission done and then he could go home. But for some reason, they wanted any daemon from Paesan to stay alive. The human most definitely didnt agree with their decision, but if he didnt follow protocol, then he wouldnt be able to deem himself rather organized. No as much as he wanted to kill the daemon, he had to wait. “What a fucked up humor to have,” was all he had to say, keeping his stance regardless.
The body fell to the ground and Ismael grit his teeth. He had to remain calm but at the same time, he was really just so close to throwing fists, even if that was a dumb idea. “I’m not getting to know a piece of shit like you,” he coldly replied, moving his aim down to the daemon’s leg before he pulled the trigger. Had to at least make it fair, right?
Back to top Go down

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyThu May 27, 2021 3:20 pm

"Awe that's a shame," Will breathed out, shaking his head a little as he placed his index finger and thumb under his chin in a thoughtful pose. He moved rather elegantly, even for a daemon, but he had always been rather theatrical in his expression. The gun changed position, and he noticed it quickly, moving out of the way so that the shot hit the ground next to him. "Going for my legs I see - I must be valuable alive; Or is it the information I carry that makes me worthwhile?" he chuckled, kicking the dust lightly, changing his position once again. He was always moving somehow, never really standing still, even with a gun pointed at him.
"You know, I've met many of your kind; Most have already shot at me a couple of times by now, but you seem hesitant with your gun; Are you trying to figure out my moves?" he asked. Why not have a conversation? He had time enough to spare.
Back to top Go down
Ismael

Ismael

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyFri May 28, 2021 2:55 pm

The amount of attitude that he was getting from this daemon was getting on his nerves. It was probably silly to think that the bullet would have hit, but it was worth the try. He cocked the gun as the daemon kept blabbering, his expression only turning angrier. "If you ask me, then none of your scum could ever have any useful information, except telling us where there would be more like you," he just said in an unfriendly manner, as he really wasnt looking for conversation with this guy.
"Well see it from my perspective. I had to work for my strength, you were just born with yours. It would be unfair to go head to head just like that, I would lose in an instant" he just said, keeping his gun on the daemon, as that way he at least could hit a shot if he came too close. "And every shot wasted is just a shot closer to having to reload, so I'd rather wait for the right moment,"
Back to top Go down

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyFri May 28, 2021 3:02 pm

"Oh how marvelous!" he chuckled, clearly amused by the amount of spite that the human had towards him and his kind. He was actually interested in hearing this guy go off on a tangent, explaining how unbalanced it was of a fight, but the poor guy was right. Will walked over to one of the burnt trees, touching the ash lightly, leaving a small indent. "Not all daemons are interested in going head to head with anyone, even a human - But sometimes things like that is forced upon them," he said rather thoughtful, bending his neck back to look up at the black branches still connected to the trunk.
"But sometimes our worst enemy is ourselves, isn't that right?" he said, raising an eyebrow. A small boy ran past them, in to the woods, giggling as he called for Ismael. It was the voice of his brother around the age when he had died.
Back to top Go down
Ismael

Ismael

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyFri May 28, 2021 3:40 pm

He definitely didnt agree that anything was forced upon daemons. They all deserved the same fate in his eyes, regardless of what they had or hadnt done. He was black and white like that or rather just one over the other. Daemons couldnt be good, he had never seen it. The talk of worst enemy made him look rather confused before he saw the kid in the corner of his eye, moving his eye in his direction as he was calling out for him. ".. Elijah?" he whispered a little confused. But it couldnt be? No. He couldnt lose focus now. He looked back at the daemon again, lifting his gun to aim at his head. "I'm not falling for your tricks!" he yelled through gritted teeth, clearly agitated by the glance he had gotten of the kid.
Back to top Go down

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyFri May 28, 2021 3:48 pm

"What tricks?" he asked, tilting his head to the side as he just looked at the human. But honestly he was thrilled, because the guy had reacted, so that meant he was doing something right.
"Big brother where are you?" Elijah's voice called from the woods. The kid was getting scared and kept moving. Of course he wasn't really there, it was one of Will's illusions, but he had nailed it. "I'm scared~!" the kid whined, as crying was now heard. The little boy was standing among trees, crying and rubbing his eyes as he was all alone.
Back to top Go down
Ismael

Ismael

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyFri May 28, 2021 4:04 pm

"Dont be fucking stupid" Ismael groaned with his finger tightening a little on the trigger. He really wanted to shoot this bastard. Hearing his brother cry clearly affected him as he kept glancing towards the woods. He had to keep his focus, looking back at the daemon. "I already said, I'm not falling for your tricks, scum," he repeated. He kept his gun aimed at the daemon, but his eyes went towards the woods for quick moments, looking for his long dead brother. Even if it was a little distracting, there was no way that Ismael could erase the sight that had traumatized him when he had found his brother's mangled body, barely alive and suffering. "You're a sick fuck, arent you?" he muttered.
Back to top Go down

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyFri May 28, 2021 4:10 pm

"And I already said I'm not doing anything," the daemon smiled, turning his head to look in the direction the crying was coming from. He was aware of the gun, but death had no real impact on him - well besides the fact that he would be letting Dahlia down. And that was his biggest worry. "That kid ... Maybe I should go check on him, he's clearly upset; Children shouldn't be out here," he said, moving carefully in between the woods.
Elijah was standing in a clearing, crying his little heart out, rubbing his eyes and crying again. "You said you'd always save me; Where are you?" he sobbed, barely hearing that Will was closing in on him.
Back to top Go down
Ismael

Ismael

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyFri May 28, 2021 4:22 pm

He didnt believe him, not when the proof was running around crying like his little brother. He narrowed his eyes as the daemon went towards the woods. This was his chance to retreat back and devise a new plan and get a new more competent partner. But a part of him could never just leave his brother, even if it was just an illusion of him. He followed, keeping his gun on the daemon. Seeing his brother between the trees his eyes widened because he looked so much like he did back then. Only that it didnt make sense for him to not have aged a day.
Back to top Go down

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyFri May 28, 2021 4:30 pm

"Are you looking for your big brother?" Will asked the little boy, the kid nodding as a streak of snot went from his nose to his mouth. Elijah then turned his head and looked at his brother. "Is that your brother?" he asked, as if he didn't know already. The kid frowned, narrowing his eyes at the human with the gun. "I know, he looks scary with a weapon in hand, huh?"
Elijah looked straight at the human, "you promised me you'd always be there ... Why did you leave me?" he asked, as he started to shiver. "It was so cold, but you never came; You left me."
Back to top Go down
Ismael

Ismael

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyFri May 28, 2021 4:52 pm

Ismael had a rather sour expression as he looked at the daemon and his brother interact. This bastard definitely had no business speaking to his brother as if he was even still here. He couldnt be! Ismael refused to believe it, even if it seemed so likely. He had to thank the gods that his survival instinct wasnt letting him feed into how he was still missing his brother to this day. It wasnt worth dying over. "I looked for you everywhere. I never gave up on you, Elijah," he said in a rather calm demeanor. He wasnt going to leave his brother here with this daemon. "I carried you to the ambulance, I held your hand till your last weak breath," he said, before he looked at the daemon with empty eyes. "Which is why I'm not sorry for this," he mumbled before he put his aim on his brother and pulled the trigger without a second thought.
Back to top Go down

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyFri May 28, 2021 5:52 pm

As soon as the gun went off the world changed, lighting up with psychedelic colors that would swirl in front of the human, obscuring where Will went. A manic laughter could be heard, but it too sounded like it was all around the human. "Oh you are fun!" A yell loud enough to sound like it was both close by and far away, echoing in to oblivion.
"Killing your own brother?" The voice still not anywhere to be seen, only visions of the kid dropping dead repeatedly with a gunshot wound in his head. His eyes blank before they filled with tears. Blood gushing out of the open.wound, creating a puddle underneath the human.
Back to top Go down
Ismael

Ismael

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyFri May 28, 2021 5:58 pm

He was sure his choice had been the only sane one to do. Otherwise the daemon would have kept toying with the illusion of his brother, even if Ismael now had to see him die over and over. Instead he moved his head around, unable to tell trees from ground as it all seemed to blend together. "It wasnt my brother," he clarified angrily. There was no point in searching like this, so Ismael just closed his eyes and drew in a few deep breaths, trying to calm himself, maybe ground himself and break the illusion. It just wasnt as easy as that though, but it didnt stop him from trying. "You're done soon or are you going to keep playing these mind games? You're only delaying the inevitable!"
Back to top Go down

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyFri May 28, 2021 10:08 pm

He was good, well trained and even if he couldn't break the illusion, Will could definitely see that he was good at snapping himself out of certain moments. But it didn't matter. The daemon had the upper hand, and he was not wasting it. In a swift move he managed to kick the gun out of the human's hand, sending it flying in between the trees. Will broke part of his illusion at that point, but without the gun, the human could do little - well besides that pesky bottle in his belt. "We can stop the games," he said, his eyes colder than before, reaching out and grabbing the guy's throat, hoisting him up in the air by his neck, strangling him lightly with one hand. "Is this what you wanted?" - "A stone cold killer?"
Back to top Go down
Ismael

Ismael

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyFri May 28, 2021 10:26 pm

He hadnt really been expecting to be dealing with a grand illusionist, but he was sure that if the guy kept playing around, eventually he would be able to break out of it. He felt the kick in his hand and had to let go of the gun as it went flying. The real pain from having his hand kicked brought him back to reality and he finally looked at the daemon again. But without the gun it was definitely a tougher battle. He felt himself get hoisted by the neck, grabbing the guy's hands as he felt his airways get closed from the pressure. He fought for his breath, kicking a little with his feet as he heard the daemon's question. He grit his teeth but then he smiled all of a sudden while he was being choked. "You're... really.. fucking stupid," he managed to utter. The daemon would probably be able to hear the approaching footsteps of people running their direction. "Go on... kill me then, you wont be getting far either way," he challenged him.
Back to top Go down

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyFri May 28, 2021 10:50 pm

Will chuckled, shaking his head at the human. "You are threatening me and yet I do not care," he said, pulling the human closer, looking deeply in to his eyes. "How about ... I take a bit of your soul for the road; And you'll be cursed to never have a peaceful death?" he chuckled, his free hand moving up to hover over the heart of the human, feeling his soul squirming around in there. It clearly didn't bother him whether or not people were approaching. He wasn't giving in without a fight. "Filthy soul you have, really worse than many daemons; Is hatred and revenge all that fills you?" he wondered out loud.
Back to top Go down
Ismael

Ismael

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyFri May 28, 2021 11:04 pm

So he didnt care? Well, that was definitely going to make things easier down the road. But Ismael was starting to feel the dizziness, how his body was slowly getting weaker from the lack of air. "Fuck... you.." was all he managed to say. Was this guy expecting full blown conversations with someone he was strangling or did he just like the sound of his own voice. Ismael's hands let go and fell down along his body, his legs not kicking as much anymore. He tried to lift his hand again like he was reaching for his hand, but instead he grabbed the bottle. Only that before he could even do anything, someone behind them fired a shot at the daemon's arm that was holding around the human's throat. The bullets were definitely blessed by the seraphim, made to harm daemons especially.
Back to top Go down

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again EmptyFri May 28, 2021 11:18 pm

Will pulled the human closer, ready to consume as much of his soul as possible, but then the gun went off. The bullet launching itself into his forearm, hitting the bone, but then going straight through to the other side. He had no real choice, letting the human go as he turned around to look at the newcomers. "Well, well, well," he chuckled, looking at the daemon hunters all decked out in their gear. His arm was bleeding profusely, and he needed to retreat soon. "It's been a pleasure to see you guys tonight, but I'm afraid I need to cut this short," he said. With that he placed a temporary illusion on them all, at least until he was out of sight and already heading away from the island.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So we meet again Empty
PostSubject: Re: So we meet again   So we meet again Empty

Back to top Go down

So we meet again
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next