Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Amos

Amos

Full name : Amadeus Alexander Loviatar
Quote : I always get what I want.

The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) Empty
PostSubject: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyMon May 31, 2021 2:52 am

@Saoirse @Buffy

(Actual worddump, goodnight)

It had all happened so fast. Another argument another fight. The thought of what he had put Saoirse through andhow Buffy had suddenly changed had just clicked in the young pureblood. But as he was coming to his senses, the mass had already begun gathering. The zealots had never seemed more frightened in their life. His hand stung so he let go of what he was holding, watching it fall to the ground. Thr artifact had burned his hand completely but he hadnt realized what he had done yet, even as he loomed over his father’s corpse. “Put the artifact back, it will save the blood of Bael always!” Someone cried but Amos thought it was too late. The artifact also just seemingly crumbled before anyone could touch it. He tried to speak but his voice stuttered as no words came out.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyMon May 31, 2021 12:19 pm

As her daemon fell to the floor, everything seemed to slow down. Falling on her knees, she wrapped her arms around him, her hands shaking as she was trying to hold his open wounded chest closed, but the blood loss didn't matter when it was the artefact that was missing. "Shh, shh," she tried hushing her daemon as he spoke his last words, her eyes filled with tears as he drew in his last breath. And that was wen the world lost all of its color. Buffy was just holding Baal, her tears running down her cheeks as she was sobbing. The zealots were yelling all around, but all she heard was static. When the artifact crumbled, it was as if there was a change in the former fenix. She stopped sobbing, letting go of her loved, placing a last kiss against his forehead before standing up. Her eyes started glowing, turning to face the son with the blood of his father on his hands.
"The sins of the father becomes the sins of his offspring," her voice rang, lifting her hand up, palm towards the young pureblood. A dark light spread from her palm, slithering across the room as if they were snakes out to hunt. The room went dark, only Buffy lighting up as the zealots started chanting, some crying out in fear of what they saw. She looked godly, but not in a beautiful way. Her skin was tearing, light spewing from every crack and as the dark lighted tentacles reached the pureblood they grabbed a hold of his ankles. The light would be excruciatingly painful.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

Full name : Saoirse Lowenna Elior

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyMon May 31, 2021 12:19 pm

"Amos," Saoirse whispered, her body weak as she felt the infection spreading within her faster than ever. She looked at her father before hurrying over to her brother, grabbing his hand in an attempt to pull him away with her. She was dying, she knew she was, but she would be damned if anything happened to him too. "You need to move," she pleaded, but it was too late as her mother had gripped the daemon by his feet.
Shaking the trybrid turned to look at her mother, but she wasn't her mother anymore. She was consumed by some otherworldly light and it was pure destruction. "Mommy, let him go," she tried pleading, but the former fenix did not even blink.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyMon May 31, 2021 1:18 pm

Amos still hadnt really had the time to comprehend what he had really done. What he had done completely blinded by anger. As if someone else had been controlling him for that moment. He heard Saoirse’s plea but then the room went dark and soon he was stuck in place. He started screaming as the pain hit him, trying to pull his legs free to no avail. “Saoirse... it’s okay,” he said through gritted teeth, tears running down his cheeks. He was still in such pain from the dark lights but he figured that there was nothing to be done. Instead he wanted to keep his sister close, even if it would be the last time, “Come here, I can feel your heart weaken...” he said, trying to supress his cries, just so he wouldnt upset her. If this was how Buffy wanted to punish him then so be it. If she was willing to let Saoirse die for revenge, then Amos would waste no time on trying to talk sense into her.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyMon May 31, 2021 11:34 pm

Saoirse was crying as he held her close. This was it, wasn't it? It was the last time she would feel his arms around her and she wouldn't even have a next life. Looking up at him, she felt her body turn weaker, but she refused to look away. "Ahuvi," she managed to whisper before she felt how gravity seemed to get a bigger hold of her. Her mother wasn't stopping, and she guessed that whatever had been left of her mother at that point was gone. "Ahu-" but she never got to finish saying it again, her eyes turning blank and empty as her heart stopped beating. The darkness having infested her too deeply, and it was no longer able to fight it. She would never get a real chance at a life, she would always be the result of a sad love story that ended before it truly began.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyMon May 31, 2021 11:34 pm

Buffy was no more, a new entity had taken over the shell of a body that was left. She didn't even blink as the trybrid died, no she was focused on draining the pureblood and making him suffer. She had been so busy that she hadn't even noticed people enter the room. Alyssa stood there, weak but ready to fight. She saw her son still clutching on to his sister, and without hesitation she threw herself at Buffy. The former fenix and empusa fought for a while before both collapsed. Alyssa had managed to kill the light, but the cost was severe; Buffy's body was deteriorating at a fast rate, the light incinerating the empusa on the spot as she got one last look at her son before she vanished in to the beyond.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyMon May 31, 2021 11:42 pm

Amos’ heart felt like it died with Saoirse as he held her in his arms. He bit back all the pain and suffering that Buffy was throwing at him, holding Saoirse so tight that he was sure he was crushing her too. He wanted to die too and hopefully meet Saoirse somewhere, he just closed his eyes and waited for Buffy to finish him. But Alyssa came forward and threw herself at the light, just like that. Amos stared in bewilderment, before he felt the grip around him loosen and he fell backwards. He started crawling backwards, with Saoirse in his arms, looking away as the light was so bright he felt like he could go blind. He just hugged the dead trybrid closer and sobbed into her beautiful hair.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyMon May 31, 2021 11:43 pm

“Hello my little light,” the soft voice of her father spoke, crouched down to her as he moved some hair away from her face. He was ridden of his marks and his hair also seemed to have a lighter colour compared to the usual raven black. He without another word just grabbed her and pulled her into his embrace, holding her close. “I’m so sorry for the times I’ve hurt you... for the months I were gone and for what you had to go through,” he said in a sincere voice, pressing her a little closer. “You’re safe here with me now. I promise you that,”
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyMon May 31, 2021 11:49 pm

Saoirse had left the mortal life behind, but she was not sure where she was. It wasn't before a familiar voice spoke to her that she felt herself wake up. Taking his hand she got to her feet, looking at her father. It really was her father now, wasn't it? She felt her eyes well up, feeling his arms around her as he finally held her close. She was sobbing, crying about everything that had happened, but the worst part was yet to come.
Maybe she had stood there for eternity, crying in to her father's chest and feeling him squeeze her like he always did when she felt sad. But somehow she started to calm down, her body - or whatever this was - shaking slightly. "I left him behind ... I promised I wouldn't," she whimpered, pulling her face away from her father's chest to look up at him. "Where are we?"
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 12:02 am

He knew she would be heartbroken being here but on the other hand, it was not like they could change their situation. “This isnt the life I wanted to give you either. But I’m happy that you at least made it here... And not just to the nothingness,” he said before he looked down at her as she looked up. He sighed and looked around. “An afterlife. Not ideal but better than nothing,” he explained before he looked back at her. “I can barely comprehend it myself but I’ve found out that we can do one thing,” he said before he let go of her and took her hand. He made a soft swirl into the air and it was as if the real world was mirrored in the circle. “We can see the people we’ve bonded with and how their life is progressing” he explained but his expression turned a little sad for obvious reasons. He couldnt see Buffy anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 12:11 am

She looked confused as the mirror appeared, blinking as she saw Amos. He was badly hurt, still hugging her body close as he was crying in to her hair. "I can't watch him this way," she whispered, placing a hand on the mirror, but she couldn't even go through to soothe him. What good was it to be here when they could do nothing but watch the ones they had left behind. Her father had one mirror, but she had too and her other eyes glanced at the one where she saw Connor. He was barely batting an eye, even though she knew he would've felt the pain of her death. He was laying on some fancy couch with his head in someone's lap and ... She choose to look away, focus on Amos. "Mother died," she said, but she wasn't sure if what had died was even her mother. "She was strange after you died ... She wasn't her anymore." Saoirse didn't know if there was even an answer to all of this.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 12:18 am

“No you shouldnt for now. But at some point you’d see him happy again. I think you’d want that for him,” he argued as he made a deep sigh. Obviously he envied that in a sense because he felt like he had just lost a part of him. It was enough that he knew for sure that their daughter had also died in all this. He looked down and felt his eyes well up, gritting his teeth a little. “She should have saved you,” he said as he looked back at his mirror, feeling a tear run down as he also looked at Amos who was holding a dead Saoirse in his arms. “Even in my last moments, I wanted you to live on, because you were the living proof of the love I shared with your mom,” he said as he looked at his daughter.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 12:33 am

"Will he be happy again?" she asked, this time more hopeful. Amos deserved so much more than what they had been able to have, but she also felt jealous that she wouldn't get to be there with him. At least she could watch him, like her father had explained, but it still felt strange.
She knew the topic of her mother wasn't a pleasant one, but could she really hold something like this against her when it hadn't even been her? "Mom's strong and smart ... She can't be gone for real," she just muttered. No, she had experienced enough of her mother to know that she would come back one way or another. Turning her gaze back to the mirror of Amos, she just wished she could skip ahead, see him smile once more. "I know you thought what me and Amos had was weird, but we really did love each other," she said, thinking back to what he had said after everything with the summoner dying. How he had said he wanted to marry her, let them have a chance at life together.
One day a bright light emitted from Baal's mirror, and Buffy appeared once more. Her body was relatively normal, but still not a fenix. "Mom's back!" she yelled for her father, knowing he had given up on looking at the empty mirror a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 11:39 pm

"I guess we'll see, but it is what I would have wanted for Buffy," he said, but it felt weird to talk about Buffy. Not when he didnt know what had happened to her and felt like he would never know. He just looked around the looking glass, unsure what it was he was looking for even if it was obvious. "I didnt think it was weird in the end. I believe I had accepted it, or rather the artifact had twisted my mind into not caring as much about it as my old self would have. But as your father, I only ever wanted you to be happy," he explained, sending her a small smile as he reached over to move some hair off her face. She looked so much like Buffy to him, but it was not making him sad.
He had been sitting in his own thoughts by the time Saoirse started yelling. He frowned a little and turned his head back to her, before he carefully got up and went to look. "Oh," he said a little surprised as he realized she was right. He carefully reached out to the mirror, knowing that touching it was pointless.
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 12:00 am

"Where did she go?" she mumbled quite surprised. She had been watching Amos' mirror every day, and for every week he at least seemed to be doing alright. Or perhaps rather surviving. She wasn't sure as he rarely spoke to anyone. Sometimes when he was sleeping she would sit by the mirror, tell him things that she knew he couldn't hear, but she hoped he did. She encouraged him to find love, to find happiness and perhaps even smile again. She told him how she missed him, how every day it was hard to just be and not have him to call on. She told him about Connor and what she had seen him be up to, although she didn't check in on him often, she did like to see her aunt once in a while.
"The world seems so scary," she noted as she looked at Buffy in her father's mirror. It was as if a veil had been drawn over the sky, the sun never really shining and it seemed as though the portal to the Abyssus was even more unstable. Perhaps even on the brink of collapsing.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 12:08 am

Hearing Saoirse speak to Amos the way she did was definitely not making Baal too happy. He disliked that she was forced to stay here when she so obviously wanted to be down there. But it seemed that it was what they had to deal with, both of them. He frowned at her note, because he didnt understand. “She has the power to close it, make the world whole again,” he said, his eyes staying on Buffy in the mirror. “That is the symbiosis of the pieces,” he mumbled, before he went away from the mirror and paced back and forth for a bit. “What’s stopping her?”
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 12:13 am

Seeing her father pace back and forth wasn't something she had seen before, but she seemed to snap out of it and think it through at she looked at the reflection. "Well ... Uhm ... You had the other piece, but when Amos took it out, it crumbled," she said, going through the events she could remember. She shook her head, maybe she was being silly. "Maybe she doesn't remember? I mean, if half of her - you - is gone, then ... Then I guess anyone would be confused, right?" she tried to reason. It wasn't too bad of an idea, as looking at Buffy it was clear she didn't recognize much of what was going on. "Is there really nothing we can do to help her?"
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 12:23 am

He still paced back and forth in thought but Saoirse’s words made him stop in his tracks as he looked up at her with confusion. The artifact crumbled? He blinked a few times and sighed deeply. “This doesnt sound good at all,” he remarked, before he glanced shortly towards the mirror. In this place it was like distance didnt really matter, he could still see clearly what was going on. “I’m afraid not, otherwise we wouldnt have been here now my little light,” he remarked before he frowned thoughtfully once more and went back to pace a bit around. There was a small possibility, but he wasnt sure it was worth the risk. Only, did he have any choice?
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 12:28 am

Saoirse frowned as she just looked at her mother. It was clear the world was in a much worse state than where they had left it. She turned her gaze to look at Amos, touching the mirror gently. "You have a thought, father, tell me what it is," she finally said, because the silence was killing her. She could almost hear how the cogs in his mind were turning, but it was clear that he had at least thought of something. She looked at him, wanting to know everything. "If there's something we can do to help, then we should do it," she insisted.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 12:39 am

He was clearly reluctant to tell her, because he hadnt even fully grasped what it meant. He sighed and looked around. “Sit down,” he said before he did the same. He looked at his hand where his mark once had been, now only a naked hand. He hadnt ever thought he could ever feel naked like that. “My body is gone. I can feel it,” he then said before he made a swirl in front of them, closing his eyes as he focused. “Amos has kept your body in a safe place, and I could guide you back to it. Only that once we leave this place, there’s no way back. And getting to your body isnt an easy task, you’d have to keep focus and not stray,”
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 12:45 am

Sitting down she wasn't sure what she was about to hear, but what he said next wasn't what she had expected. They could leave? She didn't really understand, but she listened. However the mention of her body being kept safe by Amos was rather surprising. She hadn't seen where it had gone, so ultimately she believed it was just decaying in the ground somewhere. He explained what the plan could be and she looked down. "But father ... That would mean that you..?" she said, but not really daring to say what would happen. If he couldn't come back here, then where would he go? And what if she failed? "What about mother? What good can I do?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 1:00 am

“Yes. I wouldnt be able to come back here again, and become a lost soul,” he said but he didnt really know what that meant. It was something he only had read hunches of and some vague mentions that the artifact had made to gain control. Her question made him however smile as he looked at her, his eyes turning a little soft as he wasnt sure what it was she thought she couldnt do. “You’re our daughter,” he emphasized. But he didnt blame her for not understanding. “You are the strongest proof of the bond I shared with your mother,” he said, looking at her for a bit before looking down into the mirror. “You will remind her of what she has to do,”
Back to top Go down
Saoirse

Saoirse

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 1:04 am

She felt her eyes well up a bit as he spelled it out for her. While Saoirse was not slow to understand, she often forgot what her parents saw in her every day. Perhaps it was just how it was always going to be. "But a lost soul ... Is that really what you want? I mean from here we can at least keep an eye on them," she said, though she knew that just looking at what they could've had would never be enough. Breathing out she stood back up, walking closer to her father and wrapping her arms around him in a warm hug. "If you want me to do this ... Then I'll do it," she promised him. It wasn't so much about her going on some journey, but rather having him go with her part of the way. She would have an end destination and he wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 1:15 am

“I would be selfish to keep you here if I can help you have another chance at life,” he explained, hoping it made it make more sense as to why he couldnt just stay here. He got up as she did, chuckling a little as she hugged him, pressing her close. “There’s one thing I want you to promise me, though,” he then said a little more seriously, letting go as he placed his hands on her shoulders and looked at her. He smiled bright and gave her shoulders a soft squeeze while he spoke. “I want you to live your life carefree. We fought the world so much and did everything we could to keep you safe and hidden. I dont want that for you anymore. Live life the way you want to. And be proud,” he smiled, letting go of her before he realized they had to go as the world wasnt getting better by the minute.
Back to top Go down
Amos

Amos

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 1:17 am

He felt so alone. He had never felt this alone before, even before Saoirse. Everything just sucked and he didnt even know how to cope with it. He paced around the apartment he had shared with his mother, knowing she had died trying to protect him. Just the thought of her made tears appear in his eyes and he had to dry them away with a hiss at himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)   The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU) Empty

Back to top Go down

The many what if’s we never get to see? (AU)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Other realms :: Alternative Universe-
Jump to: