Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
George

George

Full name : George Sullivan

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 4:56 pm

"Well I can't claim who's good or bad for you .. but I would like to get to know him, because if he's anything like you then I feel like we're going to be good friends," he admitted. He could always use some more friends, especially here in Central where he felt almost alone. Sure, he had his co-workers and a few friends scattered, but most of his network was still in Southern. Whether or not she believed him was up to her, but he didn't really have any ulterior motives, especially not when he didn't even know the guy yet. In time he could make up his mind and opinion, but for now he could respect him simply as Mari's partner.
She seemed surprised at how he just dug in making him shrug at the picky eater part. "I don't really taste much I suppose," he admitted, "like I can taste the cheese and the tomato, but the other stuff isn't really that pungent to me." He hoped it was making some sense. As a kid he had always been the kid to finish his plate even if it was the most disgusting meal ever produced by his negligent parent. "I guess that's why I don't really like sweet things .. it just leaves behind a strange feeling in my mouth," he thought out loud before shrugging as it clearly wasn't something he thought about all too much. It was just part of normal life for him. "I mean I can taste acid like pineapples, but it mostly just tingles .. very salty things are easier for me to taste."
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

Full name : Mari Belle Godfrey

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 5:39 pm

His confession made her scoff softly before she shrugged. "I dont think him and I are so alike. But he makes me really happy when he's here." she said. No, she thought that Aiastes was capable of so many things that she wasnt even thinking of ever really doing. He just did them. Like standing up to Mari's parents, Harper, anyone that were a real nuisance to Mari.
She was wondering about his sense of taste but he seemed to confess it quite bluntly. She did wonder where that came from, but refrained from asking. "Not even fish?" she asked. Anchovies were probably rather easy to eat, but she did wonder if fish with stronger taste was something that he either liked or disliked. She nodded at the mention of sweet stuff. "It does feel like it coats your mouth with the aftertaste." she shrugged. It wasnt something that she thought about.
"Okay, but then gummybears infused with pickle juice? Would you really not wrinkle your nose or pull a face?" she asked, narrowing her eyes intrigued, though she wasnt sure she believed that he wouldnt react. "... I guess we'll have to see." she muttered, leaning forward to grab a slice and eat. It was quite good to her. She turned her head to the TV, watching was what on while they ate.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 7:34 pm

"Well unless it's like rotting or fermented fish," he shrugged. He wasn't really that picky, but he supposed he could taste when something had gone bad. The worst he had ever tasted was perhaps bad milk. He chuckled as she mentioned the experiment that he already had brewing, finishing his first slice, and washing it down with beer. "Well I know I can taste the vinegar in the pickle juice for sure," he hummed smiling at her as she just looked to the TV. While they ate they made a bit of small talk, nothing too deep or serious, but simply getting to know each other a little more. The rest of the night went pretty relaxed as well, though he did end up falling asleep on the couch with her snuggled up on top of him to get his heat again. He had actually completely forgotten about the snacks as he had realized how behind he had been on his sleep these past couple of weeks because of moving.
Waking up the next day he woke up, his neck pretty stiff from sleeping weirdly, but if she hadn't woken up yet he would just lay there holding her still. She looked cute when she slept, but he wasn't really thinking about that too much. Especially not when he groaned softly at how his body was aching, "Mari .. I think we need to move," he spoke in a lowered tone, "my neck is killing me."
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 8:06 pm

Mari was very tired after the pizza was eaten. She had had a slight bit too much, so a food coma and general tiredness quickly drove her over the edge, though they did have some good talks until they both eventually fell asleep. Mari kept waking up, not really falling into a deep sleep; unsure if it was because her body was trying to avoid the deep sleep or she just couldnt help it. Her dreams at least were mere glimpses or non-existent.
She was woken up when he spoke to her, groaning softly as it had been quite nice to snuggle up to someone. “On your side.” She muttered tiredly, moving to lie on the side of the couch so he could wrap his arms around her. It wasnt like she was really eager to sleep but she was also not the easiest to wake once she had fallen asleep. At least if he’d let her, then she’d fall right back asleep. Luckily to be stepping into a dream. But she didnt recognize the place. She turned, walking around until someone familiar stood in her way. She couldnt make the person out. A hand guided her eyes down to her stomach, making her frown. In her dream, she wasnt pregnant. She was her old self. A small ache, the same as one in her tummy felt like a warning, the hand still pointing at her stomach.
“I dont understand.” She muttered, shaking her head.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 9:19 pm

He hummed, turning on his side, wrapping his arm closely around her and relaxing more in his body as he buried his face in her hair, pulling the blanket up closer around them. Strange how they were both sleeping on the couch, but he hadn't really minded it. It had just been nice to have someone to be with, to hold for once. But he had no idea about her dreams. In fact he just held her close, drifting off into sleep himself as his body grew heavy. Normally he wasn't one for sleeping in, but what the hell, he was exhausted and she was certainly as well.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

Full name : Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 9:19 pm

He knew he shouldn't have been doing this. He had more important things to do. But he also felt a need to see her every now and again, even if it was within her dream and she didn't notice him. Was he selfish for that reason? Yes, but he would never admit that it was for selfish reasons. Instead he would claim that he was simply doing his duty in ensuring her safety. What a lousy lie. But the king of dreams didn't have to answer to anyone. Sadly her dreams were few and far between, making his visits scarce and feeling like broken pieces. Was she not sleeping with the pendant he had given her? He worried that she might not have, and perhaps were starting to lack energy. He had seen her exhausted before, and it wasn't good for her.
That night he had felt the urge to see her again, so he had dawned his disguise to move unseen through the dreams and headed out. Not without Lucienne's protest, but the bird had no authority over him. Finally he reached her dream, though he couldn't really make out what was going on just yet. It felt as if the dream was just starting.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 9:42 pm

She didnt really know what was going on, but somehow she didnt have a good feeling about it. For now she however just remained quiet and the person looked at her before stepping away. It didnt make sense to her at all. And as the person began moving away she stepped forward, reaching out to try and stop them. As soon as she gripped the arm of the person, she woke up with a gasp. Her heart was racing a little as she wasnt sure what had happened. She rolled her eyes tiredly, reaching down to grip George's arm, taking in a few deep breaths to calm herself. "It was just a dream. Just a dream." she muttered to remind herself.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 9:55 pm

Hearing her gasp he woke up quite quickly, wrapping his arms tightly around her as she started to mutter. "It's alright, everything's fine," he told her, letting her grab onto his arm all she wanted. There wasn't really a point to try and sleep more, so he just laid there, holding her as she calmed down after her supposed bad dream. "Nightmare?" He asked, though he felt like that was sorta obvious. His own dreams were always pretty messed up, so he could relate, though he always seemed to get some rest regardless.
He just laid there for a while, letting both of them slowly wake up a little more before he suggested making some breakfast for the two of them. If she agreed he would get up, stretching his limbs as he had had to scrunch up a bit on the couch to fit. Not that he had minded. He had actually slept pretty decently. Heading out to the kitchen he started figuring out what there really was to eat, ending up finding some yogurt that they could have, pouring some up for each of them and coming back into the living room. He placed the bowls on the coffee table, sending her a reassuring smile, "come on, you gotta eat."
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 10:10 pm

The soothing soft tone of George made her calm down, mostly because it reminded her that it was not real. It had just been a dream. And she couldnt let it bother her. "Yeah." she confessed with a frown, squeezing his arm softly. They laid there for a while in silence before he suggested breakfast. She hummed softly and moved so he could get up. She pulled the blanket closer around herself. She felt slight cramps but just ignored them. They could mean a plethora of things. It didnt immediately mean anything bad. George returned with food and she frowned a little. "I feel nauseous." she muttered, shaking her head. She worried that it would just come back up if she even tried. And she wasnt a fan of throwing up at all.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 10:16 pm

When he returned with some food he frowned as she said she wasn't feeling well. Had the pizza been bad? And yet he didn't feel any different so it perhaps wasn't food poisoning. "What do you usually do if you feel this way?" Surely she must've made some trick to make it lessen in severity or something of the likes. Sitting down on the couch he pulled her slowly up next to him, wrapping an arm around her to support her. Placing a hand on her forehead he frowned, because she didn't feel that much warmer than him. Just a little, but she had mentioned the higher temperature that she could have because of her pregnancy. "You want me to call you a doctor or?" He wasn't really sure what she usually did, but if she was pregnant then surely they had to check her out just in case. Or maybe this was just normal stuff during a pregnancy? Honestly he didn't know and probably wouldn't even know what to search on the internet to get an answer.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 12:36 am

“I uh…. Drink a tea.” She replied but she didnt quite feel like doing that right now. George’s pull, she followed, leaning up along him, closing her eyes for a bit as she exhaled in a tremble. She wasnt really sick, it was just the feeling of nausea and the light cramps.
She got up, going to the kitchen to get some painkillers. Just as the cramps werent really going away on their own. “Uh…” she realized as she was about to down the two pills. She spit them out in the sink before she went to grab her phone and keys. “I have to go see a doctor.” She said, looking a little worried. She wasnt supposed to feel cramps! What was going on? If George wanted to come along it was fine. Maybe better for Mari as she was ready to just panic.

Sitting at the doctor, Mari was bouncing her leg, feeling restless and actually not that great. If something could make even minor cramps into something worse then it was thoughts. She checked her phone constantly, but she wasnt even really sure how to get in contact with Aiastes. He should know what was going on, even if he couldnt be there, as he was posing as the baby’s father. “Fuck…” she whispered to herself, clutching her phone, lifting her hands to her forehead.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 1:34 pm

While George couldn't pretend he knew much about this whole ordeal, he honestly wouldn't let her go alone. So he opted to order a taxi for the both of them, and as they sat in the waiting room he saw how nervous she was. Instead of saying much he just reached over, taking her hand and giving it a soft squeeze. "I'm not going anywhere, alright?" He hated that she couldn't have her partner here, but George would have to make due. A tall woman came towards them, her hair black and slicked back, her features very pointy and the human thought she was beautiful but perhaps more for her unique features. "Mari," she said, a slight shrill in the back of her throat, she moved over, sitting down on the other side of her, leaning into her ear, "he's on his way." She just told her before leaning back again. The doctor seemed ready to greet them, and while the woman stayed behind, George did offer to come with Mari into the office itself.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 3:05 pm

George’s reassurance made her look at him with softer eyes. She did appreciate that he was here for her, and that she wouldnt be alone. But was it taking her worry away about Aiastes? Not at all. She barely noticed Lucienne until she spoke her name. A part of her just thought that the bird was here to be a substitute and that made her heart hurt a little. But then there was the whisper in her and for a moment she felt relieved.
When the doctor called them in, she stood up, feeling wobbly on her legs now. “I uh… I need to go to the toilet.” She excused herself, feeling so nauseated. What if something was wrong and it couldnt be changed? She feared the worst. Out in the bathroom, she sighed and took in a few deep breaths. Tried some water but it wasnt helping. She was sweating a little too now, but as she deemed that she wouldnt be throwing up, she moved out to go with the doctor. George could come along if he wanted but Mari told the doctor that the father might show up. She sat down and explained everything that she could feel was going on. The doctor hummed and nodded. “Well cramps arent usually an indicator of anything bad, but we should check to be sure. If you’ll go drop your pants, then I’ll have a look.” She said before eyeing George. “I dont want to be alone.” Mari just said before she could say anything. The human went out of sight and changed, though she gasped softly and the doctor got up to check. “Is this normal?” Mari asked in a shaky voice. “It can be. But I wouldnt know when you say that you have cramps as well. We’ll have to check if you are having a miscarriage, right now.” She said, wrapping something to cover around Mari before helping her onto the examination table.
Mari had tears in her eyes, her heart beating out of control with worry.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 3:49 pm

As soon as Aiastes had heard what had been happening he had done everything in his power to return to the waking world. He had barely rested, barely done anything but focus on hurrying to her side. So as he finally arrived he was happy that Lucienne was there to point him in the right direction. He knocked politely on the door before stepping in just as Mari had laid down on the table. Eyeing the guy that was with her he didn’t think much of it, as it seemed he stepped out shortly after his arrival with an assurance of staying in the waiting room. Aiastes moved to Mari's side, leaning down to place a gentle kiss against her forehead, mumbling a soft apology before looking to the doctor. From the outside the king of dreams might've looked rather terrifying, but it was mainly because of his worry. He wanted to know everything, but mostly he wanted to be sure that Mari was safe.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 4:08 pm

Mari’s worries werent soothed by every passing second. She needed to know what was going on and her panic wasnt making time pass quicker. The knock made her turn her head. Seeing Aiastes made her smile a little happily but being in a the state that she was now, she just didnt know what to say. The doctor hummed. “You must be the father then.” She said now that Mari had warned her. She moved to start the examination, grabbing some tissue to clean Mari off now that there had been a bit of blood. When she was done with the examination, wiping her hands off she looked at the couple. “Everything should be fine.” She started off to ease any worries. It was however clear that she had something on her mind so she moved over to her pc screen and looked over some files. “Have you been resting and eating as you should?” She asked, to which Mari frowned a little. She sat up and looked down. The doctor then looked at Aiastes, like she was expecting an answer from him as well.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 4:41 pm

Aiastes felt guilty now. He had been gone too long. He knew that he hadn't been gone without a reason, but he was starting to wonder if him being apart of this was even worth it to her. Everything should be fine. That was almost a lazy answer from the doctor, but he kept his mouth shut until he was expected to speak. He didn't know much of her eating habits sadly, but he did know that her sleep had barely been there. "You haven't been resting enough," he spoke to Mari, his deep voice filled with care as he touched her hair. His face might've been stern, but Mari knew that his eyes told another story. Breathing out in a sigh he reached down to touch her hand. "I suppose I haven't been doing my part of the deal in regards to looking after you," he spoke apologetically, carefully caressing her fingers, having really truly missed her. "Maybe I should take more time off work," he said, though he knew it would be hard. But if she felt this way he couldn't help but feel guilty.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 4:51 pm

The doctor knew it wasnt her place but there was something odd about the man standing next to Mari. She however didnt say anything. Mari looked at Aiastes as he spoke, feeling guilty too that she hadnt been resting. She had just missed him so much. And her dreams being without him had felt bitter. “You need to rest and eat. I gave you permission to start working, but see this as a minor setback.” The doctor said, getting up before walking over to the couple. “Watch the bleeding. It shouldnt be more than a few spots or a light flow. If you bleed in more than three days, you come back here.” She told Mari before looking at the man by her side. “You should stay with her too. The cramps might spark an interest in pushing meals, but it’s a bad spiral.” She told him before looking at the both of them. “Come back in a week for a check up. I would advise some painkillers if the cramps persists. But they shouldnt get worse than a mild discomfort. Your baby is growing and it will cause cramps from time to time.” She smiled. “Any questions?”
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 5:09 pm

Aiastes couldn't help but feel guilty, but in this situation it didn't help. He listened, taking mental notes of everything the doctor said. Of course he noticed the strange look, but he had sorta gotten used to it over the eons he had been alive. He didn't have any questions, helping Mari off of the table and over to get her clothes back on. He waited until she was dressed, even helping her if it truly hurt that bad. He wanted to get her home as soon as possible, and looking at her it didn't tke a genius to know that she was in discomfort. "I'll stay," he assured her in a soft whisper.
Outside in the waiting room was the guy she had arrived with seemingly. It wasn't a face he recognized as having seen before. But perhaps he had simply been with her when the cramps had appeared. "Thank you," he told the stranger, his face rather stoic but he was holding Mari's hand with such a delicate touch. He looked to her, "we should head home .. you'll need a meal and a good amount of rest," he might've sounded monotone, and he knew the guy frowned at his strangeness, but here it was only the human female that mattered.
"I have to get to work anyways," the male spoke, and Aiastes simply nodded. "Take care Mari .. if it's alright I'll come by tomorrow to hear how you're doing?" He asked. The endless did not reply, letting that decision be in the female beside him.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 5:23 pm

Mari was a tad too overwhelmed to consider any questions. “I’ll call if any come to mind.” She muttered before Aiastes helped her and she got back into her clothes. The doctor gave her a pad that she could use. The assurance from Aiastes was nice, but she also felt bad. He had obviously been rather busy. Now she was keeping him from work?
She was thankful that George had helped her get here. Sure, she could have done that on her own, but at least he had been there to soothe her, if only a little bit. “I know.” She muttered in reply to Aiastes’ words. She needed the food first and foremost. “Thank you for helping me.” She saie, reaching out to give the human’s arm a soft squeeze. “You can come by.” She smiled. They were friends after all.
She turned her eyes to Aiastes again, reaching up to touch his face in a fleeting touch. “Let’s go home.” She muttered. Back home was there still her yoghurt. But she just grabbed it and cleaned it up in the sink. They hadnt really left a mess last night but it might have been obvious that she hadnt been alone. She grabbed a snack and just went to bed, exhaling softly. The pendant laid on the nightstand, having been there for long enough for a small dust mark to form if it was moved.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 6:45 pm

The human male just nodded, sending Aiastes a smile before he had to leave. He would be sure to ask about him later, but for now the only thing that was important was getting Mari home. And home they went, the apartment bearing signs of her having guests, but he hadn't told her not to have people over. She started to clean but he hushed her away, taking the cleaning upon himself as she grabbed something to eat and went to bed. It didn't take too long, and once he was done he got out of his coat, rolling his sleeves up before he went to the bedroom. Seeing her in the big bed alone he felt that guilt sneak up on him once more.
Noticing the dusty pendant he moved over sitting on the side of the bed, reaching over to remove the dust and pick up the pendant. "You have not been using your gift," he spoke calmly, and it was uncertain whether he was angry, disappointed or simply sad. Taking a deep breath he looked at the chain, "I did wonder why you did not come to your beach in my realm," he spoke softly, caressing the gem with his thumb. He had put a lot of energy into this, and to see it not be used made him feel some sort of way. Though the feeling was too complex for him to truly dive into it. "Is it out of rebellion? Do you not wish to feel good?" He pondered out loud before finally looking at her with a sadness in his eyes that she hadn't seen before.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 7:07 pm

Once he entered the bedroom, she was just quietly eating her snack. She didnt really know how to feel. She knew that her current condition was her own fault, so she wasnt angry at anyone but herself. And yet she had missed him so terribly. The time they had been apart was longer than the time they had spent in each others company. “I did use it. But you werent there.” She said, looking up at him with a frown, her eyes sad too. It obviously meant a lot to her that he hadnt even been there.
His question made her eyes tear up as she looked a little betrayed from the ponder. She sniffled and rubbed her eye with one hand. “Go on then. Tell me off.” She gestured, because it felt like it was headed in that direction. “I’ll be fine. You should go finish your work.” She looked down at the snack in her hand. She didnt even want to be mean. But the hormones made her feel like she was going crazy half of the time.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 7:22 pm

Of course he wouldn't be there. He had work to do, and he had actively tried his best to get ahead, and now he had to come here, neglect his work and yet she felt more important to him right now. She asked to be told off, that she was fine but he just reached over to cup her cheek. "But you're not fine," he said, caressing her cheekbone gently, looking at her even if she didn't look at him. It was terrible how much he cared for her. And it was almost worse because he felt like all of this was his fault. That he shouldn't have offered himself up like that. That he would just end up disappointing her over and over. He placed the pendant around her neck before crawling into bed with her. He pulled her close, making it so she could still eat her snack. He rested his head on top of hers, just holding her close as he was silent for a while. And it wasn't for a lack of words.
"I fear that me intervening in your life has made it more miserable," he admitted. What they had wasn't healthy. It was barely a relationship. And yet he felt so drawn to her still, which was clear in how he was sitting there next to her under the duvet. "Do you not think so?" He wasn't sure what he thought himself anymore. He was just so tired of feeling like he wasn't there for her enough. His free hand moved under the covers, placing a hand against her belly, caressing it gently. It had grown a little. Not a lot, but he was also quite quick to notice even the smallest of details. "If you were truly carrying my biological child you could've come stay in my realm." Part of him was almost regretful as if he had wanted that. He had had a family long ago, but that was a different time and different people.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 7:44 pm

He was right, she wasnt really fine. She didnt look at him, feeling so guilty and sad and angry all at once. He placed the pendant back around her neck and she sighed. He meant so much to her. It was odd, considering how new they were. When he crawled into bed with her, wrapped his arms around her, she leaned closer to him. The silence was not bothering her as she had a lot of thoughts in her head too. He broke the silence and his words felt so far fetched from the truth. She looked at him with her eyebrows furrowed, shaking her head at the question. “You’ve made my life better.” She muttered. And that was why it was hurting her that he was gone for so long.
The hand under the blanket, touching her growing stomach felt soothing. At least distracting her from the small cramps she was feeling. “It would make things easier for us.. but… I need to stay here.” She said, though it was a nice gesture. “I’m in love with you.” She whispered, looking at him with vulnerable eyes. “… and that’s why it hurt so much more that you werent here with me.”
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 7:52 pm

Sitting here with her he just felt at ease, and he felt a bit relieved to hear that she felt as though he had made her life better. He wasn't sure he could agree, but alas fighting about that now wouldn't do them any good. Frankly just sitting with her, carefully caressing her was all he could ever ask for, and he had to agree that it was best for her to stay here. But then the whispering confession made everything feel odd for a second. He heard her, but his eyes simply looked at her with sadness in them. Never had he wanted to be a cause of hurt to her, but it had seemed he had managed that. "It's not wise for you to love me," he spoke softly, lifting his hand from her stomach, caressing her up her body until he reached her cheek once more. "It's not safe," even if he felt the same, admitting to it would ruin her life. Or at least the universe would see to it. Everyone he ended up loving or longing for had met with a terrible fate, and he wished not to bestow her with such a curse. "You need your rest .. and I'll be here by your side during your sleep, but I will not join you in your dreams."
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 8:11 pm

Maybe it wasnt wise but she didnt really care about that. Even if he looked sad at her confession, it wouldnt change how she felt. “I dont choose how I feel.” She argued. Her hand moved up to touch his on her face, nodding at the mention of sleep. “Okay.” She agreed. She would rest. But she didnt quite feel like sleeping just yet. She lifted her hands to cup his face softly, just feeling his skin, looking at him. Why would it not ever be safe to be with him when she felt this way looking at him? Wise? Who cared. But safe? She felt as safe as she could. “I really missed you.” She admitted before she leaned in to kiss his cheek. She closed her eyes and rested her lips on his face for a moment before she moved away to lay down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next