Posts : 76
Join date : 2019-10-31
|Subject: Race: Astrelis Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:38 pm|| |
⌈When you wish upon a star⌋General information
Moderated by: @Andy
- While all other races on Gambion was created in some way or another by a god, or by the creations of gods, the astrelis sprung in to existence in unknown ways.
- They are the only known race to possess some sort of magical ability.
- They can access their star form on Gambion, but it will be rather hurtful to the naked eye of any other creature.
- From the surface of Gambion, the astrelis is often confused with shooting stars.
- An astrelis can only come to Gambion if a strong willed person has made a wish upon them (see creation lore)
- If an astrelis decides to stay on Gambion after their wish maker's wish has been fulfilled, they will feel lost, and might not know what to do with the newfound freedom. An astrelis therefor often decides to return to the Cluster, as to not go mad.
Clans, cults and groups
- There are no known groups of the astrelis, however they refer to their family in the sky as the Cluster; A place they call home.
- While it is largely unknown why and how the astrelis came in to existence, it is believed that they are made up of stardust and space particles.
- There are many legends in which the astrelis is mentioned, however they are often named as fairy god-mothers or some other magical guardian. This is because the only way they can go to Gambion and have a humanoid form, is for a strong-willed person to make a wish while they are passing over them.
- The most well-known myth goes as such: A man and his son was sitting late one night under the stars. The days work had been finished, but both were kept awake by the meteor storm above them. The father looked at his son, smiling to himself as the son soon felt the eyes on him. Turning his head, he looked at his father a little confused. "What is it father?" the son asked. "I just wish that you get to do this with your own children one day," the father replied in a heartfelt voice. The son thought nothing more of it than his father being sentimental. However within the week a young girl arrived at their farm. The girl had little speech, but the father did not believe in turning good working hands away. The years passed, and the son soon had an eye out for the girl, and it was arranged for them to get married. The girl, now a grown woman, could not conceive children, but instead they adopted unwanted kids from the nearby village. One night, the father, now and old man, came to visit his son and grandchildren. It was the night of the meteor shower, and the man wanted to experience this one last time. As the small family sat under the stars, the woman smiled to herself, a single tear running down her cheek as the father's old wish was granted. She turned to look at her loyal husband and their beautiful children. However she did not belong on this cruel world, and leaning in to kiss her husband one last time, she shot off in to the sky. The husband was heartbroken, but the old father looked at his son with a sad expression. "I'm sorry, my son ... I should have wished for your happiness instead," the old man said. The husband shook his head, huddling his children closer as they turned their eyes to the sky. "Your wish gave me more than I thought I would have in a lifetime," the husband replied.
- While they are bound by wishes, they are limited as to what they can do; i.e. they cannot force love to sprout, and they cannot bring people back from the dead.
- It was once thought that any wish could make an astrelis fall to Gambion, however the astrelis can choose wether or not they wish to help with the wish. If they ignore the wish, they might feel a need to find another wish rather quickly.
- Pregnancy: It is not widely known if a female astrelis can get pregnant, but it is possible. However it must be noted that a mixture between an astrelis and another race might prove difficult if the mother is astrelis, seeing as their humanoid body can be unpredictable.
- As a child: Not much is known of astrelis children. In the Cluster they are born fully grown.
- As a teenager: Not much is known of astrelis teenagers. In the Cluster they are born fully grown.
- As an adult: In their star form they are not known to be much difficult, often wanting to be with their family, the Cluster. When they get on Gambion it is another tale, but alas not much is known of their behavior.
- Death: An astrelis is immortal, and if they are killed on Gambion in their humanoid form, they will return to their star form among the Cluster.
- Star form: In their original form, their so called star form, they are not much bigger than around 30 cm tall, however they are extremely bright. Looking directly at them can cause severe damage to the naked eye, but it is not usually a form they have while on Gambion.
- Hair: In their humanoid form, their hair seems to have a reaction to the sun rays that come through the atmosphere. During the day it is mostly seen as a glow in their fibers, not too noticeable, but during the night under the moon, it is much more clear. The hair looks like it is covered in multiple small stars that light very dimly. It is said to be a very awe-striking sight.
- Eyes: In their humanoid form, their eyes are said to look endless. Almost as if looking in to the night sky. If one looks long enough, the legends say that one might see unknown galaxies in the eyes of an astrelis.
- An astrelis can only come to Gambion because of a wish, and they tend to act rather pleasing towards their wish maker. Even if they despise their so called master, they can't escape or be free to return to the Cluster before their wish maker's wish has been granted.
- Because they are bound to another person by a wish, it makes them show a lack of individualism, and if they are left alone, they often struggle with making decisions for themselves.
- While they appear as rather empathic beings, they can be just as spiteful.
- Once an astrelis is free and have made their wish maker's wish come true, they are free to decide wether they want to stay on Gambion or return to the Cluster. While most decide to go for the latter, a few are known to have stayed amongst the citizens of Gambion.
- The abilities that an astrelis possess naturally is extremely powerful, as well as dangerous in the wrong hands.
- They have a great immune-system and are immortal, however if they get killed on Gambion, they simply return to the Cluster.
- They are the only creature on Gambion with a natural magic source inside of them.
- Fulfilling wishes makes them stronger though if they choose to return to the Cluster they may or may not be wished upon again.
- While they are a rather intelligent species, they are often clouded by their need to fulfill their wish maker's wish.
- Their link to their wish maker means that they are bound to that person, until the wish is fulfilled.
- They do not originate from Gambion, so they are most likely not liked by the other species.
- They need to be wished upon to gain a humanoid form.
- They are very allergic to copper, and it can render them bedridden if they are exposed to this for a longer period of time. If they are murdered with a copper weapon, they struggle to find their way back to the Cluster.
- If they die they are not freed from their wish maker, and are opted to return to them as soon as possible.
- Magick: The astrelis can utilize a form of magic related to the stars from which they originate. This magic is often used in regards to their wish maker. The magic does not come without a price, and is not used lightly by the astrelis.
- Age Shifting: An astrelis can either accelerate or reverse the aging process in themselves to fit whatever their wish maker needs them to do or be. The age shift is only physical, and they remain with the same knowledge.
- Humanoid Form: This form is a separate form from their original star form, in which the astrelis can take on an ordinary human appearance to blend in with modern society.