Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
These happy places we go to EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
These happy places we go to EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
These happy places we go to EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
These happy places we go to EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
These happy places we go to EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

These happy places we go to

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Vanessa

Vanessa

Full name : Vanessa Yael Prideux
Quote : Ever wished you werent born?

These happy places we go to Empty
PostSubject: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 3:34 pm

@Ethan <3

She had called him out here because she knew she had been a little too harsh lately with the mood swings. Especially towards Ethan and she thought it hadnt been fair. So what better way to make amends than a chill night under the stars? She had chosen an old playground to meet him at. She sat in one of the swings and slowly moved forward as she waited, looking up at the stars above. Most of the lights along the roads here were turned off or broken, making the sky look different here, no light pollution to dim the beautiful twinkles.
She hadnt really told any in the group that this place was were she went to be alone most of the time. Ayalla had the address, to this closed off park that was waiting for a greenlight to renovate, but Vanessa hadnt even asked her bestfriend to meet her here even once. She thought no one would be allowed to see what her happy place would be, that was what she had promised herself when she found it. But she wanted to show Ethan that she wasnt just messing around, that she did care for their friendship; though she cared for more than that, she needed a starting point. So now she sat here, wondering if he would even come?
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

Full name : Ethan Spencer
Quote : I think boundaries are for chickens and boxes are for cereal.

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 3:46 pm

Ethan had been a bit confused, getting a call from Vanessa when he didn't really know where they stood at the moment. He cared about her, more than he should, and he was hiding it rather well. Or rather, he tried keeping himself busy, but every girl he got with just had that thing about them that seemed to end whatever they had. He didn't have a death wish, but if he had just one day where he could just confess without consequences, he would've taken it. She had sent the address, making him frown as he looked it up on his GPS, scratching his neck as he moved through the streets. He was wearing his usual outfit; A pair of skinny jeans, worn down vans and a black t-shirt with a pink long sleeved underneath.
Walking on to the sand where the swings were, he moved over, sitting down on a swing next to her. "Hi," he said, his voice a little raspy, but it came mainly from the hours being late. Ethan was a night owl, staying up late, so he wasn't tired. He just felt a little confused, but he was a simp when it came to Vanessa. "This place is kinda cool," he said, sending her a trying smile. He was frankly a little scared that she had called him out here to yell at him like the last time he saw her. Truth was he knew he was acting like a douchebag, but honestly he didn't know how else to react.  
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 3:58 pm

She leaned a little against the chain as she looked up at the bright beautiful sky, sighing to herself. Just as she thought he wouldnt be showing up, she heard his footsteps in the sand, her heart beating a little faster as he greeted her. “Hey,” she greeted him, digging the tiptoes of her shoes into the soft sand. “Yeah. I found it by accident a few years ago,” she said, returning a faint smile. It felt a little weird if not personal to her that she made him show up here of all places. But she told herself that she just had to get used to the feeling. “I also found out that it’ll be torn apart and made into something also by next year,” she said a little sad, before she shrugged. “I just wanted to show you it before it’s gone,” she said with a soft chuckle though she couldnt quite rid herself of the hint of sadness.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 4:05 pm

Well, she at least seemed in a better mood, but he didn't know what he preferred, but he didn't like seeing her sad. Was she sad about the playground? "Well sum'times sum'fing can be a better replacement, ya know," he said with a faint shrug, but he didn't really know if it made any sense. He wasn't good with analogies, hell he was not really good at speaking about deep things. He gave himself a small push off of the ground swinging a bit. Chuckling to himself he closed his eyes and enjoyed the wind against his face. "I don't fink I've been to a playground in ... Years," he chuckled, turning to look at her. Here under the stars she looked beautiful, but he tried clearing his mind from those thoughts.
Breaking himself, sticking his shoes in the sand, he looked at her with a more serious look. "Look, I'm sorry, yeah - Last time I was a jerk, and I juss wanted to cheer ya up like the idiot I am," he apologized. He could barely recall what he had said, but he knew it had been crude. "I care 'bout ya Vane, I'm juss not good at saying it or showing it apparently," he said, looking down to the sand, digging his heel into it for a while.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 4:32 pm

She scoffed at his attempt to cheer her up, at least she had to give him some credit for trying. “The replacement is a bunch of corporate buildings to help spreading business down to the south. But I appreciate the effort,” she said with a sigh. One of the things she disliked most about being a Prideux was the fact that she couldnt just be like her father and wave a hand at something to just make it happen. She just kept swinging back and forth in a soothing motion.
She was just about to apologize herself but it seemed that he got ahead of her, apologizing for something that she felt had been her fault to begin with. She felt her cheeks warm up as he said he cared for her. She looked down into the sand and nodded. “I get that feeling,” she said before she stood up from the swing, wanting to stretch her legs. Maybe emotions wasnt really what they should be discussing now that they both seemed to agree that they sucked at it. “What was it like? Being a kid in a playground?” She asked as she went to a wooden balancing pole, or at least she assumed that was all it was good for.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 4:44 pm

He sighed, looking down as he just swung a little from side to side, but he didn't really know what else to say. Part of him wanted to stand up, grab her and pull her close, but fuck she probably barely noticed him. She got up, but he decided to stay at the swings, his eyes following her as she asked what it was like being a kid in a place like this. He chuckled lightly. "Well, for me it was the best ... When ma mum wasn't high, she usually took me places like this," he said, turning his eyes up at the sky. "Sometimes she would even push me on the swings, but mostly she just sat and watched - But, uhm, it was like having a piece of freedom," he explained, chuckling as he turned his gaze back to Vanessa. He knew that she hadn't had a good childhood, and he was not one to compare trauma, but he would rather remember his childhood somewhat than not at all.
"Once I got thrown in to the system, I had too much anger in me to actually enjoy when we went out to playgrounds ... My parents didn't get visitation rights, so that kinda sucked," he explained with a faint shrug before getting to his feet, digging in to his jean pocket and fishing out a very squished packet of cigarettes. He popped a bud between his lips, patting his pants before he sighed. "Fook, ya got a light?" he asked, walking closer to let her light it if she did.
Inhaling the nicotine always calmed him, it was like nothing else. He had started smoking from a young age, and even though he knew it was bad for him, he had never found any courage to quit. "Anyways ... Playgrounds are like a whole kingdom when ya young," he said, chuckling a bit to himself as he looked at the slide.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 5:05 pm

She sat down on the pole, a part of her wishing she had some sort of fond memory popping up in her mind, but it was all blank. Only thing she really remembered was all the testing and a sense of loneliness. She wanted to hear his story because to her it couldnt be much worse than her own. Even if what he said was quite sad, she could tell that there were parts of it that was fond to him. And as bad as his parents were, at least he had them. “I see,” she mumbled as he said he couldnt see his parents after being put in the system. “I wish I could remember what it was like to be a kid. Though, with what I know, I’m probably better off not remembering,” she said with a shrug, fetching her lighter as he asked for it. She lit his cigarette and put the lighter back in her pocket, looking up at him as he smoked.
“Playgrounds were the kingdom and candy stores the market,” she chuckled but that was just what she had heard. She looked at the slide as she noticed how he looked at it, wrinkling her nose a little. “Your hips wouldnt even fit,” she teased him with a sweet yet devilish chuckle. She reached out for his cigarette as she got up, wanting just one whiff rather than having to light her own. She plucked it from his lips before he could comply or deny, placing the bud between her lips as she drew in a short breath of smoke. She handed him back the cigarette with an odd expression, “What shit brand are you smoking?” She asked as she exhaled the smoke again, shaking her head disapprovingly with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 5:35 pm

Ethan shrugged. Growing up he had been so focussed on getting to be an adult, but now that he was one, he just wanted to be a kid again. He felt like being a grown up was too much sometimes, hence why he acted foolish. However he couldn't help but chuckle, nodding as she spoke about playgrounds and candy stores like that. It had really felt like that. Her tease made him raise his eyebrow. "Ya juss jealous that I got birf'ing hips," he teased back.
Normally Ethan wasn't one that liked sharing, but he couldn't help but stare at her as he took the cigarette from his lips. He just stood there, looking like an idiot as he watched her pulse slightly before handing it back to him. He had never wanted something as much as he wanted Vanessa, but he guess all he could do was just let his heart rate increase as he looked at her. As she asked about the cigarette brand he seemed to return to reality, shrugging lightly. "Don't kno - bought it off some sketchy Russian," he mumbled, frowning as he placed the cigarette back against his lips to inhale. "Hey, Vane, do ya actually like havin' me 'round or ya juss putting up wiv ma bull?" he suddenly asked. He just had to hear the truth at this point, because sometimes it felt like she wanted him dead and other times she wanted him to hug her.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 5:45 pm

She hadnt realized that he was in some sort of trance looking at her, she was more occupied in being surprised about how shit she found his cigarettes. “I wouldnt even offer one of those to my worst enemy,” she chuckled, pulling her own packet out before she offered it to him, “You should at least know what you’re missing out on,” she said if he refused, not taking no for an answer.
His question made her frown as she wasnt sure where it was coming from, but she understood that she hadnt exactly been the best to show friendship. “Why cant it be both? That I like hanging out with you, but sometimes you say such bullshit that I’d want to kick your ass,” she said with a smile. She didnt really dislike that part of him, she just couldnt admit that hearing her talk about other girls made her hurt more than she showed.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 5:54 pm

Ethan sighed, taking the packet and stuffing it in his pack pocket nodding at her words. He knew better than anyone that a Prideux rarely took no for an answer. He felt weird about it, because even though he knew that her family was loaded, it was like his mind just saw her as an average girl and a lot like himself in status. But compared to him she was practically royalty, but then again most people were.
Her reply made him chuckle, blowing out some smoke along with it as he looked down. Fuck he should perhaps watch what he was saying, but he was too much of a dumbass to realize. "What 'bout now? Ya wanna kick ma skull in?" he asked in a brief chuckle but shook his head. Breathing out he felt like he needed to just ask. "Why did'ya call me to meet ya here?" he asked, gesturing to the old worn-down playground. That was perhaps the reason it was getting torn down, maybe that and the fact it was quite a good place to distribute drugs. "I mean I don't mind weird places," he said. There was a but coming, but he decided not to say it. It would sound almost pathetic of him.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 6:05 pm

“No,” she said truthfully, thinking he would have known if she wanted to do such a thing. But it was naive to think that he wouldnt wonder why she had asked him to come here of all places and not somewhere like home at Gareth’s. She looked out on the playground and made a shrug. “Well. I wanted to show you that despite how I act when we’re all together... That I trust you,” she said truthfully, walking over to the slide that was a big old wooden house that you had to crawl up the broken ladder to get into. “And I trust you enough to tell you that this is the place I go to be alone,” she said as she looked up at the wooden house, to then glance at him shortly. She felt far too honest and open for comfort, but she wanted to tell him. “And now it’s not just my place anymore,” she admitted, frowning a little to herself but she shook her head. She wasnt regretting this, but it was a little scary to her. “I’m being silly,” she mumbled, looking down at the sand.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 6:14 pm

Ethan followed her over to the house, the broken ladder making him frown as he touched one of the poles holding the house up. It didn't seem rotten or anything, so perhaps it had just been vandalism. She said she trusted him, and it only made his heart increase more, because he didn't want her to trust him. Well he did, but if she trusted him then he would have to be more careful around her. If this was the place she went to be alone, he felt a little confused, because it was like invading someone's private sanctuary. He got down on one knee, folding his hands out in front of him, palms up to give her a boost up to the house. "You's not being silly, Vane, ya being honest wiv me," he mumbled. After helping her up, he jumped up, grabbing a hold of the lowest stair that still remained somewhat and pulled himself up after her. He climbed up on to the roof of the small house, laying his back against the old wood as he looked up at the stars. "Sincerity is scary ... And I might not show it, but I'm actually honored to be here right now," he confessed, turning his head to send her a genuine smile.
"I guess I just wish I could stop hurting ya," he said, frowning. Of course he had noticed how her mood would change when he spoke of different things, mostly girls, but he hadn't put two and two together yet. "Ya deserve the fooking world," he said.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 6:37 pm

She accepted the help, but there was no way she would crawl into the house, as she figured it either was some homeless guy’s home or where teenagers went to do things they wouldnt tell their parents about. She got up on the roof instead, hoping that it was sturdy enough to hold. She pulled her knees up under her chin and looked up at the stars as she listened to him speak. His words made her smile a little as she nodded, thinking she would never hear him confess such a thing again. Afterall he was Ethan and this wasnt much like the Ethan she thought she knew. “You and Gareth are the only people who think that,” she said with a sigh, somehow it felt uncomfortable to sit the way she did, especially as all she did was look up. Instead she laid down for a better view up, leaning her head against his shoulder simply because she didnt think she would ever get a chance to do that ever again without it being weird. “Do you know your constellations?” She asked as she tried to find the few she knew.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 6:46 pm

Hearing her mention Gareth reminded him that he needed to clean out his mind. Maybe a full on purge would be better? "Yeah," he just replied as he looked at the stars. As first he thought something landed on him, but turning his head he saw it was Vanessa and holy fucking shit his heart went crazy. Turning his eyes back on the sky he could barely focus on it, because here she was just casually resting her head against his shoulder and all he wanted to do was wrap his arms around her. Fuck fuck fuck. Her question made him stutter a bit, humming softly as he tried to regain his speech. "I know fuck all about stars," he confessed, but in this moment he wish he knew. He had seen those terrible romance movies, the one where they guy and girl are on a date, watching stars and pointing out constellations.
"Can I ... Juss ..." he mumbled, adjusting himself a bit, letting his arm lay under her head, this way he didn't have to feel like his arm was getting squashed. This was what friends could do, right? His palms felt sweaty. Look at Ethan Spencer, famous skirt chaser, and terribly crushing on his best friend's niece. "Do you know any? I mean, I could probably make up some new ones if you'd like?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 7:02 pm

His answer made her chuckle because she found it quite typical. Not in a bad way, but at least she was sure that she was here with the actual Ethan and not one that was saying weird comforting things that she liked hearing. Leaning onto his shoulder was a bold move if not stupid. What was she really expecting? Though he hadnt pulled away, so she had to think he thought it was okay. As long as he wasnt just thinking that she was being really weird. She could alreay imagine Gareth and him laugh about how naive she was for thinking it was okay.
She almost thought that was what would happen as he adjusted himself, he would move away and she would feel dumber than ever. But then she felt his arm under her head, her cheeks flaring up as her heart made these small pounds that she begged he wouldnt hear. She looked up at the sky, feeling her mouth dry up as he asked her whether she knew any constellations. She eyed the nightsky and adjusted herself before she leaned just a little bit closer so her arm could work as a pointer. She showed the basic ones that she knew and gave some facts that she had gotten from a magazine, but she didnt know others. It felt nice, laying here with him like this. She then got an idea, smiling a little to herself. “Make up one,” she urged him with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 7:12 pm

Oh shit he was in deep. Was this a date? Fuck, now he was actually freaking out. However as she moved closer it was like he forgot his nervousness. She had a way of steadying him even when he felt out of control. He just focused on the sky, hearing her talk about some constellations, and it felt kinda nice to know some. To be honest it wasn't that often he had laid on his back and just looked up at the sky. Strangely Ethan found this moment very comforting, like he could actually be himself and show the real guy underneath his skirt chasing facade. She urged him to make up one, and he hummed, smiling a bit as he took her hand, drawing up a rough shape of the stars. "That one there is the rabbit - It's really old and if ya look closely -" he said, moving her hand and pointing out a round shape "- ya can see the turtle as well, way ahead of him and winning the race," he chuckled. His eyes glanced at how he was holding her hand, but he didn't let go, even though his heart was beating out of his chest.
"And that one right there is the Vanessa," he said, pointing at two bright stars next to each other. "However the sky couldn't even pretend to recreate her, so they just decided to put her eyes up there," he said. He felt lame for saying it, but after he had, he fell silent for a while. Closing his eyes he let go of her hand, breathing out as he felt frustrated with himself. He was doing it again. Thinking about her, wanting so desperately to let her know, but he was a coward in the end.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 7:35 pm

Watching him smile like that made her stomach tingle with this happy feeling, but feeling him grab her hand made her hold her breath for a second. She followed his lead, trying to see what he saw, though she wouldnt have known until he explained. She laughed heartily and nodded as she saw the connection between the two, resting her cheek against his chest as she had to contain her laughter. She looked up again as he pointed at two stars, saying they were her, or else she wouldnt know who else it could be. His words made her expression turn a little serious as she looked at him. She didnt know if he was just playing tricks with her or if he actually meant those words. “Ethan,” she said, a little bewildered if not confused. “Dont play games with me,” she said a little vulnerable, folding her lips together. They were friends, she didnt want to be just some girl to him and all of a sudden she suspected that she was, only because of what she knew about him.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 7:43 pm

"I'm sorry Vane," he mumbled, his breath shuddering. He really needed to hide this, suppress it down to wherever it had come from. However her next words made him open his eyes, his green finding her grey-blue in the dark. "I ... I would ne'er play ya," he said, feeling it sting in his heart that it was what she thought. Although could he really blame her? The track record he had wasn't good, far from it - it was pure luck if a girl lasted longer than a week.
He turned around, laying on his side now, his arm still under her head. "I swear I'm not playing ya, I swear ... I care 'bout ya too much," he said, but just as he had confessed he felt like taking those words back, swallowing them if he could. He breathed out through his nose in a sigh. It didn't matter anyways. She wouldn't believe him even if he told her right now. "I didn't mean to make ya feel uncomfortable," he then said, looking at her with seriousness in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 7:54 pm

His apology made her think that she had been right to assume what she thought. That she was just some girl to him now that it was the two of them. It made her chest feel so tight to just think about. He of course denied it, but what was she supposed to think of it? She was clearly starting to just overthink it, taking his words and break them down until her mind found a way to tell her that she was right though she wanted to be wrong. He turned and she looked up at him, her eyes getting a little fluid as she desperately wanted to believe him. But she couldnt. Not at this point in time at least. She trusted him more than she trusted anyone, just not when it came to this. “It’s okay,” she mumbled as she looked away blinking a few times. “Just... dont say those kind of things. I’ll actually end up believing that you really mean them,” she said, looking back at him to shift between his green eyes in the dark. “You’re such a dumbass, Ethan Spencer,” she then said with a soft chuckle, not wanting the situation to get more serious than it just was. “But you’re a nice one,” she added, looking up at him with a gentle smile; a way she didnt just smile for anyone.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 8:02 pm

"No ... It's not okay," he argued, frowning at his own words. Maybe he wanted to push her away, make her find someone who would treat her right and not make her doubt how she was being treated. Then she said something that made him close his mouth and eyes faster than anything. Could she actually end up believing him? Could she actually end up falling for him as hard as he had for her? Of course not, he told himself, she was a great girl and not just someone to claim.
She called him a dumbass and he sighed, pulling a faint smile but he didn't really seem to be able to break out from his own mind. "Ethan the jokester," he said, shrugging lightly, but he was hurting himself more by putting up this facade. He chuckled, sitting up, careful about sliding his arm away from under her. "Uhm ... Should we like go grab something to eat, or?" he asked, wanting to focus on something else. Truth was that Ethan could be rather sensitive, he was a guy that relied a lot on his emotions, but people never seemed to take him serious. So here he was. Ethan the dumbass as she had phrased it herself, and it was perhaps for the best.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 8:14 pm

It was like a shift happened and he wasnt like he was when they had been looking at the stars. She had hoped they could bounce back and just go back to things feeling comfortable and nice, but now there was something else making it... colder? She sat up with him, looking a little at her feet before she nodded. “Alright yeah. Let’s go,” she said before she looked down. She moved onto the edge of the roof before she jumped down, landing on her feet before she brushed her clothes off. “What are you in the mood for?” She asked but she felt a little nervous now.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 8:22 pm

He had tried opening up, and it was shot down as per usual. Who could actually believe a fuck boy like him actually had any regards for others feelings, right? He was a bit more careful as he climbed down, hanging for a while before dropping down, landing a bit awkwardly, but it wasn't hurting. "I don't know, chinese or something," he said as he got to his feet, moving his shoulders a bit. He didn't want to leave her, in fact he didn't think he could ever do that, only if she demanded him to. "But I'm gonna need a lighter as well, so if we could stop at a gas station on the way it would be nice," he added.
He started walking. He was usually rather talkative, but it felt like he was reclining in to himself. Being silent was not something that you associated with Ethan, but then neither was sensitive or emotionally available. "Oh, ya not gonna believe it ... But the other day I went to visit Dare, yeah, and guess who was sitting on the couch," he said, chuckling as he tried to return to his quote on quote normal self. "The snob queen herself; Ayalla," he said, although at this point Vanessa was probably aware. "I don't think they be snogging, but Dare needs someone like Aya, ya know," he said with a small shrug.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 8:38 pm

Chinese it was then. She didnt object because she didnt mind the food at all. Well it all tasted the same but she could unlike the rest of her kind get some nutrients from meat, as long as there were some blood in it. “There might be a corner shop instead. This is the southern district afterall,” she remarked before she followed him as he started walking. She looked back at the playground as they started gaining some distance on it, frowning to herself as it made her feel a whole mix of feelings.
She was quiet because he was quiet, trying her best not to think things through, but the silence wasnt helping. She frowned as he began talking about Darren, and even more as he started unfolding some sort of mystery. She wasnt really angry, she just hadnt seen it coming. “Darren and Ayalla?” She asked like she couldnt really believe it. Then she hummed to herself and shrugged. “I always had hopes for them though,” she then said, just to throw it out there. She stopped as they got to a corner store, pulling at his arm to follow her in if he wanted, but she was letting him know that she was going. She grabbed a pack of gum and a lighter before she went to the counter. She pointef out her favorite cigarette brand before she swiped her phonecase over the little machine to confirm the payment as she carried all her cards in that case. She handed him the lighter either inside or outside, thinking it wasnt that big of a deal to buy his lighter for him.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 8:48 pm

"Well Darren's had a mad crush on her for like ... a year now," he chuckled, shrugging a little as Vanessa said she rooted for them. "I don't think they do nuffin', just hanging out ya know," he said, but he wasn't sure. And Darren hadn't spoken about it either, so he was not one to dig too much. He only mentioned it to maybe take the awkwardness between them away. The corner store came sooner, and he followed her in, looking at the random drinks. It seemed like the guy behind the counter was keeping an extra eye on him, but he was kinda used to being judged by how he looked. "Ya know, if ya keep undressing me wiv ya eyes, Imma catch a cold," he told the clerk before leaving with Vanessa. He took the lighter, looking at it for a bit and testing it out before nodding. "Fanks," he said.
He led them the way to the chinese place. They had probably eaten there more than they should've, but he just really liked it. It was simple, there was always something for everybody and it was never too busy inside as it relied mostly on take out. "Table or take out?" he asked, looking at Vanessa, his green eyes not as bright as Ayalla's, more like pale grass.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 9:02 pm

“If he’s crushing on her, I hope they’ll do something. Being in love with a friend like that and do nothing?” She began but then she sighed and shook her head. She knew she was projecting, only that she knew from her own experience that it was a heartbreaking thing. They got to the store and she wasnt that fond of how the clerk was eyeing Ethan either. But this was just the way it was down south.
She didnt know she had been hungry before they arrived at the place. She liked the inside of the place, how it was decorated so nicely despite not being used as a resturant that often. “Let’s get a table,” she said, walking up to a waiter as she asked for a table for two. She followed the waiter to the table, sitting down before she looked at the fish tank they were next to. She raised a hand to touch the glass carefully, looking at the big fish with a happy smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: These happy places we go to   These happy places we go to Empty

Back to top Go down

These happy places we go to
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next