Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
The Runaway EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
The Runaway EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
The Runaway EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
The Runaway EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
The Runaway EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

The Runaway

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Vanessa

Vanessa

Full name : Vanessa Yael Prideux
Quote : Ever wished you werent born?

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 11:06 pm

@Ethan <3

Continuation of: A Change of Heart

Her heart felt like it was in pieces. She was in denial, wanting to believe she hadnt seen what she had, hadnt heard what she did. She was just walking down the street with her hood pulled over her head. Where could you go when you just wanted to disappear? She was sobbing quietly to herself but no matter how hard she tried, her eyes felt completely dried out, so much that it was stinging. She had to stop, as she sat down in the middle of the street and pulled her knees up and hugged them close. She didnt care if people were staring as they passed, she wanted all and everyone to just disappear. And that was when her eyes finally started stinging as it felt as if someone had turned the tap and let the water flow. She cried down into her knees, shaking while she kept mumbling to herself that this wasnt happening.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

Full name : Ethan Spencer
Quote : I think boundaries are for chickens and boxes are for cereal.

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 11:23 pm

The way that Darren had spoken about Vanessa leaving hadn't been right with Ethan. It had felt wrong? What had happened? He had left the club, trying to type out something like asking her where she was, but he didn't really know if he could type while looking around frantically to find her on the streets. He turned a corner, and he felt like his heart sank. She looked so small sitting there, and he strangely recognized her in a second.
He went over, sitting down on the pavement next to her, being silent as he heard her crying. "Vane ... What happened?" he asked in a calm voice, not wanting to startle her, but he was also very confused. Darren had just gotten up and left, and Gareth was nowhere to be found, the same with Ayalla. "Hey, hey, why are you crying?" he asked, carefully cupping her face with one hand as he looked at her with concern - of course only if she let him.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 11:34 pm

She had barely noticed him there as he sat down next to her, just crying silently to herself as she kept mumbling something that was completely incoherent by now. She flinched when he touched her, almost throwing herself away as she looked at him, to realize that it was him. “I’m not,” she mumbled as she looked away, supressing her sobs as she tried to blink away her tears. “My heart is broken. I felt like it’s been stabbed to pieces,” she said, her lower lip trembling as she looked down. She shook her head. “Ayalla and Gareth has been seeing each other, or still are, I dont fucking know what to believe,” she said in a broken tone, rubbing her cheeks to remove the tears.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 11:44 pm

Seeing her cry was bad enough as it was, but her flinching away from him as if he was going to hurt her ... That stung. He placed his hands on his knees, trying not to stare at her and giving her the peace she needed right now. He just didn't want her to be alone. Then she spoke of her heart being broken, how it was getting stabbed and he wanted to shield her from that hurt. He wanted to hold her hand, soothe her and tell her that her heart was far too strong to be broken.
Then she said something that made him frown, looking out on the street with an empty gaze. Gareth and Ayalla? He blinked a few times, shaking his head a little. "What? Are you sure?" he asked, rather much in disbelief himself. He was blind to that kind of stuff unless people told him directly. "But ... I thought she was with Darren already?" he said. He might've been born a brunette, but he was often dumber than a stereotypical blonde.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 11:51 pm

She could hardly believe it herself but it was like all of it just made sense to her now. “She’s never liked Darren like that,” she said in a frustrated tone but it wasnt because she was trying to be mean. She just felt like she was losing it. “I knew she wanted to keep him secret, but I always thought it was because she thought I would call the guy a dork. I never knew she was going behind my back to see my uncle,” she said, her voice quite fragile. She drew in a trembling breath and closed her eyes for a moment. “I want to disappear,” she mumbled, looking down into her knees.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 12:00 am

Ethan took a deep breath, feeling like this was so surreal. Vanessa vented a bit of frustration, but it didn't really bother him, he was more thinking of how it had went right past them all. However Darren must've known. But why had neither of them said anything? "But ... Is it really that bad?" he asked, frowning at his own words. He knew Ayalla deserved better, but if Gareth was treating her right wasn't that a good thing? He felt like he was getting a headache just trying to wrap his head around it.
"Don't say stuff like that," he said, carefully moving a hand over to place against her back. He rubbed it gently, stroking her up and down along her spine. "I wouldn't know what to do without you," he confessed in a small chuckle. Despite this revelation, Ethan didn't take the news as something too bad. Sure, it wasn't nice to be lied to, but he could understand wanting to keep something a secret. Neither Gareth nor Ayalla wanted to hurt Vanessa, and though they went about it wrong, he felt a little jealous somehow.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 12:23 am

She frowned at his question, looking down. Maybe it was selfish to be angry, but she relied on Ayalla to trust her with everything, especially something as important as seeing her uncle in a romantic manner. “You wouldnt get it,” she just mumbled in a defeated tone, not feeling much for arguing.
She felt his hand on her back but she was too caught up in the negative emotions to feel much comfort. “You’d be fine after a while,” she just stated as a fact to her while she looked down at the ground. She went quiet for a while, just staring at the same spot with a neutral expression, before she suddenly seemed to change. She quickly pushed herself to her feet as she mumbled a faint sorry, and with that she ran without warning. She wasnt sure where she wanted to go, she just wanted to get away.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 10:06 am

He'd be fine after a while? What did that mean? Ethan shook his head looking at he in disbelief before she got up. He barely heard her mumble before she was off and it startled him. Quickly he moved to his feet, feeling a sinking feeling in his chest as he started bolting after her. "Vane! Please! Don't go!" he pleaded in bits of yelling. His heart couldn't bear it. This was worse than any nightmare. This was tearing at him, breaking him from the inside and he felt utterly lost.
It didn't take long for him to lose sight of her, feeling a pit in his stomach as he stopped, bending forwards and placing his palms against his knees to catch his breath. That was when he felt the tears run down his sweaty face. He couldn't even stop her in reality. He was useless, he was weak. He sniffled, straightening out his back and lungs as he wiped his face. He had lost. There was no recovering from this, at least not in his mind.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 12:43 pm

She heard his plea but she just couldnt stay. She needed some time to think things through or more so forget that it had ever happened. She stopped when she knew she was too far off to be caught, looking back as she felt a sudden need to just run back and right into his arms. Though in her mind right now, that seemed like something that would only add to the tension she felt. He couldnt possibly be feeling that way for her, and she just had to accept that. She pulled out the necklace he had given her and looked at it in her hand. She sniffled and opened the lock just to put it around her own neck. She drew in a trembling breath and started walking away, unsure where she was going and what she was supposed to do now.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 1:13 pm

Ethan felt lost. Had he lost her? Had he not been able to make her want to stay? It stung, closing his eyes as he took in a trembling breath. He took out his phone, the screen still not in a good shape, but he did manage to find Gareth's number.

[Messages between Gareth and Ethan]
[Ethan:] I'm not someone to judge others for their feelings
[Ethan:] But Vane just ran off
[Ethan:] I'll look for her ... But I might need help

He didn't even know if Gareth even cared right now, but if there was one soft spot in his cold heart, it was the spot for Vanessa. On that front, Ethan knew he could trust the daemon, but he was considering something else. Maybe getting to Samuel first was a better option? He knew he didn't have the strength to run anymore, his legs shaking a bit from exhaustion.

[Messages between Vanessa and Ethan]
[Ethan:] It's okay to be angry
[Ethan:] But I just wanna help
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 2:30 pm

She heard her phone beep but she couldnt check it, because she knew if it was Ethan asking her to come back she would. She pulled out her phone and turned it off before she took out her earring to aid her in getting out the sim card inside of it. Just to make sure that not even her father would be able to stop her at this point. She put the little card in the pendant, before she continued, moving further and further south by the look of it.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

Full name : Dantalion

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 2:35 pm

[Messages between Ethan and Gareth]
[Gareth:] Where are you?

He could tell at this point that Vanessa had found out, and that she had told Ethan. He frowned a little himself, thinking it had been silly of him to do what he did, but he was far more worried about Vanessa. He got in his car, waiting for Ethan’s reply so he could come and pick him up.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 2:43 pm

[Ethan:] I'm out in Western ... Here
[Ethan shared his location]

He breathed out, frowning as he saw that Vanessa had indeed seen his messages, but she didn't reply. She always replied. The car came roaring around the corner and the human just got in before they drove off. "She headed south," he said, feeling his heart race, shaking his head a little as he felt like he should've done more. He didn't even care what Gareth and Ayalla had been doing, but it meant a lot to Vanessa, and so it meant a lot to him. "Do ya actually care 'bout Aya or are ya just trying to escape boredom?" he asked as they drove. He had never seen Gareth keep his attention on a girl for more than a couple of months. They turned another corner, heading in to south and his eyes were busy looking at the people they passed. She had to be here somewhere, right?
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 3:09 pm

When he got the location, he just drove, quite fast too but he was quite used to driving a car, so it wasnt that he was much danger to the people around him. He got to western and picked up Ethan on the way before driving in the direction that Ethan said she had gone. He was just quiet for the most part, which he always was whenever he was worried about Vanessa. The question made him frown a little but he shrugged. “Both,” he said, it wasnt really that big of a deal to him. And if Vanessa wanted him to leave Ayalla alone, he’d do it in a heartbeat. He slowed down as they got to south, letting Ethan look around. He threw his phone to Ethan with a small sigh. “Call Samuel. He needs to know. And I’m driving,” he said as he kept his eyes on the road. Normally there would be no way he would let any of his friends talk to Samuel, mostly for their own safety, but this was out of his hands.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 3:15 pm

Ethan swallowed at his friend's reply. He had never been a big fan of Ayalla, but he didn't want to see her hurt either. However now was not the time to worry. The phone was tossed in his lap, picking it up with shaky hands as he dialed. At first he thought this was some weird dream, or rather nightmare, but as he looked out the window. The phone was picked up, but there was no greeting. He knew that Gareth's brother was cold, but not even a proper greeting? "Hey, uhm, this is Ethan ... Gareth and Vanessa's friend?" he said, straining himself to sound more normal, but he was deadly worried. With a bit of a shaky breath he started to explain what had happened, or at least loosely as he didn't want to let Samuel know about Ayalla and Gareth. He just told that Vanessa wasn't responding, that she had ran off and now they were looking for her.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 4:28 pm

As Ethan was dialing the number, Gareth considered if it was really worth it to put Ethan through this, rather than just pull in to the side and handle it himself. He wasnt exactly thinking crystally clear, so maybe that explained why he was going to let the human do the talking. “Hello Ethan,” Samuel greeted him coldly on the other line to then just quietly wait for the human to explain why he had called from what Samuel could tell to be his brother’s phone. He waited till he had gotten the full explanation before he said something again. “Why dont you tell Gareth to turn the car around and drive you both up to my place. I doubt neither of you will find her like this anyway,” he said in a neutral tone, hanging up before Ethan could even answer. “Did he sound pissed?” Gareth asked, sounding quite like Samuel, might have been the Prideux way of worrying; by not seeming to worry at all.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 4:36 pm

Ethan frowned, listening to the stranger on the other end. It was weird. Samuel was like some sort of mythical creature, one that everyone knew about, but never had seen. Swallowing he just listened before the phone got hung up, shaking a little from the nervousness. "He said to turn around; To go to his place," he mumbled, frowning as he shook his head. How could he just leave Vanessa out like this? He felt his heart aching, but he didn't know how much of that hurt he could actually show in front of Gareth.
The daemon asked him a question, shrugging as he didn't quite know. "He just sounded ... Cold," he said, looking at his friend who seemed to speak in a similar manner. They really were brothers, huh. It felt weird. Gareth always seemed stoic, but he was easy to squeeze a laugh out of once you knew him. However Samuel was clearly another breed on his own.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 4:51 pm

Gareth turned the car without question at Ethan’s mumble, leaning back into the seat with a sigh. He could already imagine Samuel’s annoyed expression and cold eyes when he would demand to know what Gareth had been doing when Vanessa was running off. Ethan’s answer wasnt much comfort either. This just couldnt be good. Which was why he drove to the sidewalk and stopped the car, gritting his teeth slightly. “Get out of the car,” he said, before he looked at Ethan with serious eyes. “You dont want to get tangled up in this shit. Let me handle my brother. Go home or go the Vanessa’s I dont care which,” he said, handing the human a key that would be for Vanessa and Ayalla’s apartment.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 5:09 pm

Gareth stopped the car, making Ethan grunt a bit as he already knew what it meant, and as the daemon said it, something just clicked in him. He looked at his friend, the one he considered his own brother, not bound by blood but by something deeper. "You want me to wait around? Want me to do nothing?" he asked in pretty much disbelief. Shaking his head no he looked out the window. "She wouldn't let me hear the end of it," he mumbled, grasping his hand in to a fist. He felt so angry. Angry at himself because he hadn't been able to keep her there, sad because he knew that Gareth was right.
"I'll go to her place ..." he said, knowing he was far from strong enough to face Samuel at a time like this. He grabbed the key, opening the door even if he deep down wanted to stay seated and go with his friend. He leaned down, looking in to the car, looking Gareth deep in the eyes. "We just need her back safe ... Don't go making deals," he then said, but he had a feeling like something was already brewing.
Ethan closed the car door, stepping away before he watched the car drive off, and as soon as it was out of sight he looked down at the key. Ayalla would probably be there and he didn't really know if he was ready to face her either. Looking around he took a deep breath, realizing that this wasn't far from the playground that Vanessa had shown him a couple of weeks ago, so he decided to go there for now.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 5:30 pm

“For now, yes,” he simply answered Ethan’s question to doing nothing at all. It sounded way better to do nothing than get tangled up in some shit with Samuel. As long as Samuel hadnt met them, Gareth believed they could be somewhat safe. Ethan was angry and Gareth couldnt blame him. Though a part of him wondered why he was acting so strongly towards this whole thing. He knew he had been hanging out with her quite a lot, so his mind just prompted him to think it was just that. He looked at Ethan as he stuck his head back in, chuckling as he looked ahead. “It’s not that easy with Samuel,” he said with a shrug. He drove off, ready to discuss what the plan could be from here on out.

A couple of hours later.

[Messages between Ethan and Gareth]
[Gareth:] He wants to see you on your own. I tried to keep you out but he knows about whatever Vanessa and you have been doing.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 5:37 pm

Ethan had just been sitting on one of the swings, dried tears on his cheek as he tried not to worry. He cared for Vanessa, more than he should've in his position, but how could he not have let her crawl in to his heart? It felt like an eternity had passed before he finally received a message. He dried his cheeks, taking a few deep breaths before looking at the screen. The message alone was enough to set his heart pounding. Exactly what did Samuel think he and Vanessa had been doing? Ethan had never even tried kissing her, he had only held her when it was appropriate and ... His eyes widened. What did Gareth think about all of this.

[Ethan:] What does he mean by "have been doing"?
[Ethan:] I ain't never disrespected her, G, I swear
[Ethan:] Where do I go?

He felt his heart racing as a car stopped at his location. He got up, narrowing his eyes as a guy stepped out, walking directly towards him. Ethan wanted to run, but the guy was faster, grabbing him and shoving him in the back of the car. Before long the scenery around him changed and he was being dragged up some huge marble stairs and in to a mansion even bigger than the one Gareth had. "What is going on!?" he yelled in frustration, but the guy gave him a good push in to a room.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 7:43 pm

// Playing Samuel through Gareth

Samuel was sitting nicely in his chair, holding what seemed to be Gareth’s phone in his hand as he leaned forward quite elegantly and placed it on his desk. He looked Ethan up and down just once before he gestured to a chair in front of the desk. “If you think your friend Darren is the only mindreader in town, then you’re as dumb as you look,” he said, his expression not changing despite how harsh his words were sounding. “I dont see what she sees in you,” he said as he narrowed his eyes slightly like he was truly trying to pinpoint what it was his daughter sought in the human. “Do you drink?” He asked as he got up from his chair and went to pour himself a glass of whiskey and one for Ethan if he wanted. He returned to his chair with either one or two glasses and sat down. “There’s only one problem to this whole equation. And that is you,” he said as he pointed at the human and took a sip of his glass. He placed the glass on the table and folded his hands, everything he seemed to do was with strong professionalism, from the way he sat to the way he talked and moved. “But if I killed you, her world would fall apart and everything I have worked on to achieve with her would disappear,” he said with a slight hint of annoyance, but then he stopped talking as if he was expecting Ethan to say something by now.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 8:00 pm

Ethan gulped as he stumbled in to the room, but seeing those grey almond shaped eyes, he just knew who the man was. No questions asked, and as the gesture came he walked as calmly as he could, sitting down. It felt nerve-wracking, his heart beating out of his chest from the nervous feeling he was having right now. The question of a drink came out of no-where, but he politely shook his head no. He didn't even know if he could swallow anything while sitting in front of this intimidating man. Was this really Vanessa's father? He sure did look the part, and it felt very scary just to sit here. Trying to remember how to breathe, he folded his hands in his lap, scratching a bit at his worn-out jeans.
The daemon returned to his seat, and Ethan's eyes just looked a bit into the air before focusing on him. Yet he didn't really dare look him in the eyes. He was by no means on any sort of home field with this one. He gulped silently at the mention of just getting killed off, as if it was the easiest and most logical thing that Samuel had thought about. However he couldn't quite believe what he was saying regarding Vanessa. Samuel fell silent, and the human stuttered a bit, trying to find his words. "Listen, I ain't trynna ruin nuffin'," he said, trying to explain himself as he sighed, hanging his head down for a bit. "Fair ... Yeah I do care 'bout her, but I ain't some fooking creep," he said, gritting his teeth slightly. "I wanna keep her safe, yeah, wanna make her happy and I might look stupid but I ain't an idiot," he said. He knew he would never have a chance to be with Vanessa, at least not the way his heart was telling him to.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 8:09 pm

He narrowed his eyes when the human opened his mouth and started explaining. In Samuel’s eyes if anything was ruined, then it had already happened the moment the both of them seemed to feel the same way about each other. “So you are aware that she feels the same way about you? And if she knew how you felt, she would drop everything for you?” He asked, tilting his head slightly to the side. He was hoping Ethan himself could figure out were this conversation was going, rather than Samuel having to say it. Because if there was something that could tick him off, then it was to have to explain every little detail, because to him that felt like it was bound to go in the direction he was trying to avoid.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 8:25 pm

"How should I know how she feels? She haven't told me," he retaliated, feeling a bit protective. He couldn't wrap his mind around Vanessa actually feeling that way about him. He understood were Samuel was getting at, but he still didn't believe it. "Listen, I'm not trynna mess shite up for ya," he said, picking at his jeans for a bit while he considered what they were actually talking about right now. Something in him made him angry, that Samuel thought that he was even worth worrying over, but also the fact that Vanessa seemed to have no true autonomy over her own life. It was rather spooky, to say the least. "But why? Why are we even talkin' 'bout this?" he asked rather frustrated at this point. "I mean, isn't it more important to find her? Bring her home safe?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Runaway Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway Empty

Back to top Go down

The Runaway
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Western District-
Jump to: