Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
The Runaway - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
The Runaway - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

The Runaway

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Vanessa

Vanessa

Full name : Vanessa Yael Prideux
Quote : Ever wished you werent born?

The Runaway - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 12:00 am

She fiddled with her fingers in her lap as she tried to control her sobs, lifting a hand from time to time to dry her eyes. Crying wasnt going to fix anything. But Ethan’s words didnt make it better; though she didnt blame him for simply thinking rational. She frowned at his addition, feeling a few tears roll down her cheeks that she hadnt caught. How she just wanted him to hold her and speak the words he did now. “You dont understand,” she sobbed, drying her cheek off as she looked at neither of them. Gareth frowned a little but remained quiet. “When we were kept in those cold white boring cells day in and day out, neither of us trusted anybody. Not the doctors, the scientists or whoever we saw. But we trusted each other. We didnt have anyone else, just me and her,” she explained, which surprised Gareth a little because Vanessa never spoke of the past. “I dont understand why she couldnt trust me. And now it’s like I dont know her,” she just said, staring motionless for a short moment before she got up and dried her cheek with her sleeve, grabbed Ethan’s pack of cigarettes on the way before she went out i the kitchen to sit in the window and smoke.
“Did you say that Samuel had her drugged?” Gareth asked once she was gone, picking up his serious demeanor, though the thought seemed to piss him off.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

Full name : Ethan Spencer
Quote : I think boundaries are for chickens and boxes are for cereal.

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 12:09 am

Vanessa started speaking, and it was as if he wanted to take all the words back, looking down as he felt a little ashamed. However how could he have known? Hearing of Vanessa and Ayalla in a place like that - All alone and barely able to do anything made him sick to his stomach. Letting her leave for the kitchen, he sighed, frowning as he felt like maybe he shouldn't have said anything. Then it seemed like Gareth found some words, not that the conversation was any better.
"Yeah ... Someone found her in an alley and found my number through her phone," he explained, placing his head in his hand as he looked at the daemon. "She was ... So out of it; I got it out of her system as soon as I got there," he said, feeling like the whole experience had been so scary. Ethan was afraid of losing people, Gareth knew that, but he had grown so close to Vanessa even just as friends. "I know I shoulda called, aight ... I was just so fucking scared of leaving her alone for a second," he confessed. It was a half lie, but the truth either way. He had been scared to let her be, wanting to keep her safe.
"She's family at this point, juss like you mate," Ethan said truthfully, looking at the tall daemon.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 12:28 am

She just leaned against the window frame, looking out as she was smoking. She kept a hand on the frame because the last thing she wanted was to tip over and fall out. She was far too into her own thoughts to even listen to the conversation in the other room.

Gareth’s frown only seemed to grow as Ethan explained, clearly unhappy with what he was hearing. His phone rang but he quickly declined as he was listening to Ethan. “Do you think she could have died?” He asked, as it it was some sort of definitive factor for him to know. The phone rang again and he declined it. He scoffed as he called her family, but nodded. “Look, I appreciate that you went and got her,” he then said after a moment of thinking. They were best friends after all, so he wasnt going to keep being an asshole to him. His phone rang a third and last time and he decided to pick up, “What. The. Fuck. Do you want Samuel?” He asked in a cold tone, sitting down on the couch before he leaned back. “Yes I’ve seen her. And fuck you for letting her get drugged and dragged around town. Do you even fucking care about her?” He asked, his voice bearing a small tint of emotion, which was just because he cared so much about his niece, it was almost unbelievable the things he would do to keep her safe. He went quiet for a bit before it seemed that Samuel said something that seemed to alert him. He eyed Ethan for a moment before he seemed to grind his teeth just a little. “I’ll let him know. Now go fuck yourself,” he said before hanging up, running a hand through the mess that was his hair like he was trying to figure out his thoughts. “You went... and talked to Samuel yesterday?” He asked rather calmly but clearly he was expecting some sort of denial.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 12:38 am

"I dunno ... But I know it would've killed me," he confessed. When she had puked he had gotten a good look at it, and it didn't look like some happy little pill. It had looked like there was blood in it, but he hadn't dared to think or assume it.
The phone kept ringing, and Ethan knew that he would eventually give in and pick up. It was no surprise to hear how angry he was when he finally answered, sighing as the human turned to look out in to the room. Listening to the half of the conversation, mostly because he had no chance when hearing how angry he was. Gareth hung up, and it was then that Ethan noticed the slight glare, frowning as he looked at his friend. The question made him shrug. "Yeah," he replied, sighing softly. "Of course I did, ya were the one texting me he wanted to talk?" he then said, frowning as he lifted up his phone to find the messages, showing them to him. "I mean, it is ya number, right?" he added, just to be sure.
"I dunno man, ya brother is weird ... Started talking 'bout her as if she had no choice in her life," he said, abbreviating the conversation somewhat, but it was still true.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 1:12 am

Gareth seemed utterly confused when Ethan seemed to know what had happened. He looked at the message before he got his own phone out to show that there was no such message on his phone. “I fucking told you to stay away from him, why would you think I’d suddenly change my mind?” Gareth muttered in irritation, raising his hands in frustration. “E, he’s not some kind of guy who jokes around. He will find a way to kill you,” he said, seemingly worried. He rubbed his face for a moment and leaned back into the couch with a deep sigh. Then he looked down. “Vanessa is nothing but an experiment for him. Something he created to control and manipulate. Once he’s turned her into something like himself, she’ll take over the business,” he explained, looking towards the kitchen. “I’m trying to drag it out as far as I can, but it’s inevitable,” he said, shaking his head.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 10:18 am

Ethan felt stupid now. He thought his friend had actually started to let him in on things, but it had just been a ploy from Samuel's side, and as he looked down he felt his anger start to boil. He didn't care if someone wanted to kill him, but as the daemon explained the situation with Vanessa, he felt his hand curl in to a fist. "I'm not gonna let him," he mumbled, not really caring if Gareth heard those words. Ethan got up, shaking his head as he started pacing. "He can't just do that ... She's ... She's her own person, she should have a life and ..." he rambled on, feeling his emotions showing too much, but that was just how it was.
"G, I ain't letting him do that ... Not to you or her or anyone, aight," he said, stopping as he stood in front of Gareth. He could feel his eyes had gotten wet, but he wasn't crying completely yet, it was just from the frustration of knowing that in the end all he did might not mean anything. His heart was aching, knowing that their time together was limited, and he had just gotten to feel what it felt like to be with her.
Suddenly he looked down, feeling like he needed to confess. If this was his only time, then he would do it, and he would let Gareth skin him alive if it just meant that someone knew. "I love her, G," he said, looking at him with a serious expression. Ethan didn't play around with words of affection like that, especially not strong ones. "I know I'm just a stupid human, I know I could never give her all she truly deserves, but I would never hurt her," he said, looking at the daemon. He should've come clean the minute he stepped in the door, but he was not going to embarrass Vanessa like that. Moving his hands out to the side in defeat, he felt a tear run down his cheek. "C'mon ... Give me a lecture 'bout betrayal and how bad of a friend I am," he pleaded.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 11:40 am

Had he been so distracted by his own frustration, he would have noticed the small hints that Ethan was giving him. But maybe it was for the best that he didnt. He shook his head as Ethan started to ramble on, and even when the situation was as serious as it was, Gareth couldnt help but snicker because he could relate to that feeling of unusefulness that Ethan seemed to feel. “Dont you think I’ve tried?” He asked, narrowing his eyes as he looked up at the human before he shrugged. “I’m only lucky to be his blood, or I wouldnt have been here right now. But you? E, he’ll kill you and leave you for her to find,” he explained, looking towards the kitchen, before he looked up at him again.
Then it was like the mood completely changed and Gareth looked confused as Ethan said the last thing he had expected him to hear. He was empty for words, frowning as he looked up at his bestfriend speaking words that seemed like something foreign to him. “Vanessa?” He asked like he needed clarification. If he got that, his expression just turned sour as he moved his eyes away from Ethan, staring at the wall for a bit. The plea made him grit his teeth. “Oh shut the fuck up,” he said as he pushed himself up rather threatning. Even if Ethan was his bestfriend, this was over the line. “Are you sure she’s not just trying to get back at me for what I did?” He asked before he seemed to realize something. He grabbed the human by his collar, pulling him closer as he sought his eyes. “You fucking bastard,” he mumbled, shoving him away before he went to the kitchen where Vanessa was, “Vanessa, get out in the car,” he just said in a way that made Vanessa for once feel scared of her uncle. She flicked the cigarette out the window and decided it was better to just do what she was told, eyeing Ethan with unsure eyes. What had he said? She could almost guess it, but she didnt know what to say. As she left, Gareth seemed to just stand in his own thoughts with a blank expression.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 11:51 am

Ethan felt his heart stop for a moment as Gareth threw those words at him. Could she really have used him for that, just to get back at her uncle like that? His eyes seemed hurt as the daemon grabbed his collar, but he wouldn't cower now. He had said the words, and there was no going back now. "She can use me however she wants to," he mumbled, although it would hurt to find out that it had meant nothing to her. He had felt something so amazing today, something he thought he would've never be able to feel with someone. Getting shoved away made him stumble, hitting the wall with a loud thump, but it didn't seem to discourage him.
The way he called at her, it just rubbed him the wrong way. "No ... Ya don't get to decide what she does," he said, following and standing in front of the door leading outside. He looked at Gareth and then at Vanessa. "I ain't scared, and if ya don't wanna be wiv me, is fine - but they shouldn't get to decide for ya," he argued, knowing he was pushing every boundary. Ethan loved Gareth like a brother, and perhaps that was going down the drain now, but he just couldn't sit back anymore and see her get bossed around like she couldn't do anything herself. "Vane, I care 'bout ya, I luv ya, please," he pleaded.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 12:01 pm

As Ethan blocked the way for her, she just looked up at him with worried eyes. “Ethan please,” she begged him softly, because she couldnt bear the thought that he would get hurt for trying to protect her. She lifted her hands to cup his face, feeling her eyes water as he seemed to believe whatever bullshit it was that Gareth had made up, “I want to be with you,” she pleaded, which made Gareth move to them, pulling her away from the human so he could face him. “She’s leaving with me,” he said in a cold tone, looking Ethan up and down. “Hadnt you been like a fucking brother to me, I would knock you the fuck out by now, kicked you to pulp,” he said so coldly, almost like he had once been told something alike; by Samuel’s standard probably a little more articulate. “Do you really want to do this E?” He asked, Vanessa frowning as she clutched her hands to fists, “Gare...” - “Shut up,” Gareth interrupted her, not moving his eyes from Ethan.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 12:12 pm

Feeling her hands against his face made him feel so happy, there was no way that he could live without ever feeling that again. His whole life had been bullshit, one idiotic thing on top of the other, but she was like the light at the end of the tunnel. She embodied everything he wanted, and was he really selfish for finally wanting something? Gareth pulled her away, and Ethan turned his green eyes to look defiantly at the tall daemon. Frankly he would've taken the beating over the words, he thought it would've hurt less.
He asked him a question, but all he could do was look at Vanessa. Gritting his teeth he then turned to look at Gareth, feeling his heart beating out of his chest. "I can't pretend anymore ... I can't hide what I'm feeling because it's tearing me apart," he spoke truthfully, his accent heavier as he was trying to hold back his frustrations. His eyes turned to look at Vanessa once more, softening up as he watched her. "G, I've never been sure of anything; But I'm sure 'bout her - I wanna make her happy, I wanna make her feel like a person and not some drone that other people try to control," he said quite firmly.
Turning his gaze back to Gareth he sighed, chuckling a little sadly as he looked down to sniffle slightly. "Ya like a brother to me, G, I know ya'd never approve and that's fine; But don't deny that she smiles more when she's 'round me," he said.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 12:23 pm

He couldnt believe this. Surely Ethan must have had a stroke, it was the only reasonable thing in Gareth’s mind. He had been in love with Vanessa this whole time, while showing off the other women he would be chatting up to pretend he wasnt feeling anything? Was that what Gareth was supposed to believe. “You’re a fucking dead man,” he said, giving Ethan a firm shove to get him out of the way. “There’s no fucking way I’d ever allow this shit to go by. Know your fucking place!” He spat, pushing Ethan once more. “There’s no fucking way,” he repeated, grabbing Ethan to shove him up against the front door, granted that Vanessa hadnt been allowed to open it. “... I’d let you be with my daughter,” he finished his sentence, which made Vanessa frown before she widened her eyes a little. Gareth looked to her with a sour expression, “Now you know,” he said before he looked back at Ethan, “And that’s why you’ll keep the fuck away from her,” he warned him, while he was practically pressing most of his weight against him.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 12:34 pm

Ethan knew this had been coming, but he thought that it would've been way off in the future. He looked at Vanessa before Gareth started pushing him, slamming him against the door, but the human didn't fight back. He watched his friend, his brother, hearing everything he had to say, and then the words slipped out of his mouth. Ethan felt his jaw drop, looking at the tall daemon in disbelief, feeling the air getting pushed out of his lungs. A boyish smirk appeared on his lips. "Ain't gonna happen, dad," he said in a defiant tone, heaping for air as he felt himself getting squashed against the door. Part of him wondered if the hinges or his body would be the first to give in to the pressure.
"Fucking do it already ... Ya know I ain't gonna stop," Ethan complained. Why couldn't Gareth just end him? It would save the daemon so much time, even if it would make Vanessa hate him. Ethan's green eyes looked to Vanessa. If the daemon was serious about ending his life, he wanted to look at her. "I luv ya," he whispered, feeling his head fog up from the lack of oxygen.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 4:40 pm

The defiant words were expected, but god how it was pissing him off. "Watch your mouth," he hissed, though he wasnt really happy about hurting Ethan, of course he wouldnt be. But he was just so angry and protective because he didnt have anything else. Vanessa grabbed Gareth, but she couldnt pull him away, even if she tried with all her might. "Stop it Gareth!" she demanded but the daemon wouldnt listen. She looked at Ethan as he looked at her, feeling tears run down her cheeks at his whisper. "Please!" she cried, which made Gareth move away, just enough to let him breathe, only if it was just small breaths. "I wont let you see her," he just said before he moved away once more but that was just to slam him up against the door again, this time harder than the other times. Vanessa was crying as she started hitting Gareth's shoulder, telling him to stop but he couldnt. He shoved Ethan out of the way, certain that the human wouldnt be able to stop them. Then he grabbed Vanessa by the neck before she could even start her run to Ethan and dragged her with him, he was done with these childish games.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 4:52 pm

Ethan smirked, feeling his breath return to him, but he gasped for it nonetheless. His words were harsh, but even if Gareth took her as far away as he could, Ethan knew he would find her eventually. He was shoved once more, the back of his head hitting the wall in a hard crash, making him whine as he felt something warm spread under all of his hair. Gareth let him go, making the human just slide down the wall, looking hazily into the room from pure disorientation. "Vane-," he mumbled, but he wasn't sure his words even made sense at this point, feeling his vision go in to a tunnel of blur and light.

Ayalla hadn't been doing well, she hadn't talked to any of those who she considered friends. Gareth had tried calling, but she had simply hung up. Darren had even showed up, offering to talk and just be there for her, but she had turned him away. Who she really wanted to talk to was Vanessa, she wanted to apologize, wanted to come clean about everything and then listen to her friend. What did the daemoness expect of her? Did she really mean it when she wouldn't want to see her again? She had gotten a message from Ethan earlier, and seeing as Vanessa wasn't replying to her messages, she had decided to see if she was over at his place.
It seemed like she arrived at the pivotal moment where Gareth was hauling Vanessa out of the building. Ayalla felt a pit fall to her stomach, seeing him this angry wasn't pleasant, but the way he was holding on to the daemoness was just wrong. "What are you doing?" Ayalla demanded to know, narrowing her eyes as she got closer. This wasn't about her emotions, so she put back her facade of stoic. They could both hate her for all she cared, but she still loved Vanessa like ... Well the only family member she had ever had. "Hey, let go of her," Ayalla bursted out, grabbing on to Gareth's wrist holding Vanessa by the neck.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa

Vanessa

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 5:00 pm

This wasnt what was supposed to happen but Gareth couldnt see a way back now. He got Vanessa, who was practically wailing as she mumbled that Ethan was bleeding over and over, out of the building and just as Ayalla seemed to arrive. Just his fucking luck today, huh? "Stay out of this Ayalla, I'm not fucking around right now," he just said so cold and stoic, sending her a warning gaze. Vanessa just whimpered as she was crying, shaking her head, "Ayalla please just go check up on Ethan," she begged, caring more about him being okay than wherever Gareth was planning on taking her. Probably just to see Samuel and then have to hear them bicker at each other. She had so many questions either way, not knowing if she could believe Gareth when he said she was his daughter. It just didnt make sense in her head. "Please," she whimpered, looking at Ayalla with tears in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 5:15 pm

Ayalla gritted her teeth. Since when was it normal to haul anyone anywhere in the state Vanessa was in? "I'm not fucking around either, Prideux," she told Gareth, as if he was a stranger now. Was this really what he was? Hell bent on keeping his niece in check? But then she heard Vanessa plead with her, her eyes widening as she looked up at the building. "He confessed?" she mumbled in amazement, however it wasn't a happy voice she had. Of course the idiot hadn't been able to keep it in his pants.
Ayalla nodded at her friend's request, or at least she still held out hope that they were friends, about to leave for Ethan as she looked at Gareth. "Hypocrite," she spat at him, her voice cold as she hurried inside. What met her inside the apartment made her hold her breath. The smell of blood rather heavy, and with shaky hands she started to shake Ethan, however he wasn't responding. "Wake up you idiot," she mumbled under her breath, feeling her eyes water.

A couple of days had passed and Ethan had been placed in the hospital. He was diagnosed with some sort of traumatic brain injury, basically meaning that he had a few days where he had been knocked in to a medical coma. Ayalla had visited every day, knowing that no one else would probably visit him. He was doing alright for the most part, but the doctors were nervous of what might happen if he went back to his life as he was now. Besides that they were afraid that when the swelling of his head went down that his spine might show some injury. Ayalla had lied, told the doctors that he had fallen down the stairs. Walking in to the hospital room, seeing the last person she thought she'd ever see right now. "Back to finish the job?" Ayalla asked dryly, walking over to move some of Ethan's hair away from his forehead. He was going in and out of sleep, being awakened to get his medical check up every hour or so. Ayalla turned, looking at Gareth with her arms crossed.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

Full name : Dantalion

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 5:25 pm

When he had gotten the notice from the hospital, he was first in denial. Surely it hadnt been that hard? Right? But that was just him trying to make himself feel better, of course it had been too hard - Because Gareth just couldnt keep his temper cool in that moment. He didnt tell Vanessa anything, mostly because it was hard enough to keep her at his mansion as it was. So he went on his own, not just to see him but also sort out whatever amount the medical bill would be. Wasnt really enough to make up for what he had done, but it could be some sort of start. He sat by the bed, resting his nosebridge between two fingers with his eyes closed. He looked up as someone came in, frowning a little as he looked away. "Obviously," he said coldly before he looked at Ethan. He sighed deeply and threw his arms out to the side, "He was just so fucking stubborn Ayalla. I didnt know what to do," he said, but he knew explaining himself would mean nothing. It wouldnt change what had happened.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

Full name : Cesare Leone

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 5:35 pm

Ayalla sighed at his cold words. Why were they being so hard on each other? Perhaps because if the tables had been turned it would be Gareth laying in that hospital bed or something worse. "I know," she said, knowing his temper well enough to know that he hadn't meant for this to happen. She leaned up against the wall, looking at the clock briefly before walking over to the window to look out. "At least he has a great view from up here," she mumbled, not knowing if she was trying to be funny or not. It just felt weird to be alone with Gareth once more, or not really alone, but Ethan was out like a light. Breathing out through her nose she closed her eyes.
"You are taking care of her, right? You haven't just handed her over to Samuel?" she asked, a small hopeful tone in her voice. She knew she was overdue to visit with the ones handling her case, but she just knew they weren't going to let her out once they saw how out of control she was. And that collar they had given her back then? Sometimes it felt like it still sent shockwaves through her body when she did something she shouldn't. Turning around, she let she small of her back lean against the window sill, looking at Gareth. The worst part was that she still loved him. She couldn't just let go of those feelings, and it was paining her, however things just didn't seem to work out in their favor.
"I wish I had his courage," she then suddenly blurted out, frowning as she looked down with frustration painted on her face.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 5:57 pm

It was actually quite easy to tell that Gareth felt like shit for what he had done, he wasnt even trying to hide it. He just wished that Ethan would have backed out but of course the thick skull of his was only for show. He ran a hand through through his hair to move it out of his face, crossing his arms as he just kept staring at Ethan. He didnt answer her mumble but just sighed deeply, guess it was some sort of response? Her question made him look down, “She’s fine. She’s still out of it from then, but if I take her here, she’ll never leave. And if that happens, Samuel will do some shit that no one will like,” he explained, hoping he could make at least one person in the group understand that he wasnt trying to be the bad guy.
Her blurt made him shrug as he looked at her. “No you wouldnt,” he just said with a shake of his head, looking at Ethan. “He’s too lovestruck to realize that what he’s doing is going to kill him. It’s inevitable if he keeps going this way.... well if he ever wakes up,” he explained, his eyes turning rather sad. It was breaking his heart despite how much he hated it. “Vanessa is not like the other girls. He cant just proclaim his love and expect the girl. Because that girl, is just property, owned by contract and flesh,” he said in frustration, clutching his hand to a fist. Now that the truths were coming out, he felt like it was time to get off his chest. “I gave up my kid so she could live. She’s what I got left of what could have been a family so many years ago. Mixed with whatever my brother was trying to make to a whole being. Half his, half mine, his property, my loss,” he said, looking out into the room with a blank expression.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 6:06 pm

Ayalla nodded. It was better to keep Vanessa safe, even if it meant keeping her in the dark until Ethan got better. If he got better. The thought alone was weird, that the human in the bed would one day seize to exist. She walked over to Gareth, listening as he went on to explain what Vanessa truly was, and she felt her eyes water. Her hand was reaching for Gareth, but the mention of family made her hand fall away, wrapping around herself as she tried to pretend she hadn't done anything to comfort him. "So ... She's partly yours?" she asked, hoping her voice wouldn't give away that she was so close to sobbing. Her throat was filling up with emotions, and she had to turn her back on him to wipe away a few tears. It was set in stone then. "Is there nothing we can do? Set her free or?" she asked, letting her mind run wild with ideas.
It was no secret that Samuel had taken great interest in her, but it had always seemed like something in the background. "What ... What if someone offered themselves up instead of Vanessa?" she asked, meaning herself of course, but saying it out loud would not be a wise idea. Ayalla had no family, she didn't really belong anywhere so it would make sense if she took Vanessa's spot. Samuel would have someone he could manipulate and transform, and her friend would be free to do what she wanted.
"I mean, Samuel always wants to make deals that benefit him," she added, swallowing at the thought.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 6:15 pm

“She is,” he confirmed, ruffling up his messy hair. He had always thought she looked a little more like him than Samuel, but he wouldnt be surprised if Samuel had meant to do that. Her question made him frown a little. He wasnt sure what she was talking about, because there wasnt really anything to bargain for.
Then the suggestion came and he could tell she indirectly offered herself. He scoffed and shook his head, “Samuel makes deals with people he believes to have the same worth as him. You offering up yourself is like a lamb negotiating with lions. It just wont work,” he explained as he shook his head. He then looked at her, frowning a little. “Besides, your parents signed a contract, and I’m guessing they didnt read the hidden lines. You’re just as much a property as she is,” he remarked, making a deep sigh. Either way, there was no way he would let her do that, because it wouldnt change the matter, only the subject in the center of it all. “She’s the first of his vessels to come out as a clean race. He wont give that up, even if your metal bending is extraordinary and your blood is different,” he mumbled, looking down at the ground.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 6:39 pm

Ayalla gritted her teeth. Of course she wouldn't have any meaning in all of this, but she wished she could do something. But the words he spoke. Her being someone else's property? In the back of her mind she knew, she had always known, but the words didn't sit right with her. "I'm not his property," she mumbled, even though she knew that factually it was a lie. She just didn't see herself as belonging to anyone, well at some point she had thought that she could be someone to Gareth, but secrecy had teared them apart along with their pride.
Vessel. She had heard that word before, being mumbled in the corners of the different facilities, but she only thought it had been a way to speak about gifted experiments. "I still want to keep her safe; Everything I have I owe to her," she said, finally walking over to Ethan once more, looking at the green line going up and down, following his heartbeat. "Even if I am worth nothing, I could still be useful," she mumbled, but it sounded more like something to make herself feel valid. The words had just stung, hurting her, even though she knew he had only meant it to be seen from Samuel's point of view.
"What about another vessel then?" she suggested, turning to look at Gareth with rather serious eyes. "If she was successful, another one could be too, right?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 6:52 pm

He just kept his eyes down as she went to Ethan, thinking all he had said through once more. Sure it felt good to get it off his chest, but was it wise to be telling Ayalla all of this? Could he trust that she wouldnt just play the hero and do something dumb? The suggestion of another vessel made him shake his head. “All the former Vanessa’s didnt make it. He’s run out of the DNA he took from my baby and his to create her. Any other vessel he makes now is just because he can. To see what they’re capable of, what they’ll do,” he explained as he looked up at her. It would be nice if there were more with Vanessa’s DNA, but he also thought that with the progress Samuel had on Vanessa, the ones to get the copy would be them. “All we can really do is teach her to be different. Make sure she doesnt become a clone of Samuel,” he said with a frown on his brows. He then looked at Ethan. “In all honesty, I knew she would be safe with him. But he wont live a month if he stays with her. I dont even think he’ll make it through this,” he said, getting up as he walked over to the bed. He leaned down and carefully placed a hand on his face before leaning down to kiss his forehead. “Please dont die on me you bastard. There’s nothing she wouldnt do for you. Even if it would take her own life to find you on the other side,” he mumbled hoping somehow the human would hear him. He then looked at Ayalla. “Keep me updated. If he starts dying on us, I need to figure out some way to keep him alive,” he said, but it was a stretch. There was always vampyrism, but he wasnt sure that was what Ethan wanted his life to become. And the fact that it was also just tricky to try and play god for someone who wasnt meant to be dying.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 8:30 pm

Ayalla felt frustrated, but why wouldn't she? She felt so helpless, like all the things she had done was for nothing and she couldn't do anything. Was this really what her life was supposed to be from now on? She let him have his moment with Ethan, nodding at the words about keeping him updated. Of course she would. However before he left she needed to get something off her chest. "Gareth," she spoke, her voice soft like it used to be when they were together. She just couldn't help herself, it was hard keeping her feelings at bay.
Walking closer she placed a hand on his chest, feeling his heart beat beneath his clothes. What she wouldn't give to just let the past be the past, but she still had so much work to do on herself and what everything meant. "Would you ... Would you tell her that I miss her?" she asked, her brows furrowing because it wasn't exactly what she really wanted to say. However saying that she missed him seemed to sting her heart even more. She looked up at him, her green eyes glowing slightly but it was only because she was keeping her abilities at bay. "I know she doesn't want to see me ... And going to your place just brings up a lot of memories," she mumbled, letting her fingers touch the fabric of his shirt. His scent was the same, she would've recognized it in a heart beat, but she couldn't be selfish and throw herself at him when her friend was the one needing comfort - not her.
Taking a trembling inhale she moved her hand away from Gareth, taking a step back as she felt at war with her emotions. "I might be going away for a while ... Darren will keep you updated though, I promise," she said, unsure if it was wise to say anything more.
Back to top Go down
Callan

Callan

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 9:03 pm

He was ready to leave, but then Ayalla spoke in a voice he recognized so well. He turned to look at her, letting her step closer and rest her hand on his chest. He hadnt lied to her that night, but with everything that had happened, it didnt seem that there would be a chance for them. "I'll tell her," he promised her, frowning a little at her mumble, though he could understand what she meant. "Yeah, it really sucks being there," he chuckled but there was some sadness behind it too.
He was just about to lift his hand and place it over hers, the motion slowly starting as she seemed to pull away. He frowned at her words and nodded as he didnt seem to say anything at first. "Okay," he then said as he seemed to take a step forward, cupping her face between his hands before he leaned in to kiss her lips, granted she would let him that was, just a small sweet one that carried so much meaning to it. It was a bittersweet action that would leave him more bitter than anything, but a part of him also believed that it was supposed to feel that way. He moved away after a bit or just stood still if she had avoided him, grinding his teeth together for a thoughtful moment. "You should give Darren a chance to show you what he can offer. He really treasure you, in a way you really deserve," he admitted as his parting words, not sure why he had to say it. Then he left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Runaway   The Runaway - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Runaway
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Western District-
Jump to: