Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

I don't like where this is going

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Romeo

Romeo

Full name : Romeo Altieri
Quote : I don’t want a life without you. If we die, we’ll die together.

I don't like where this is going - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 11:35 am

Josette pushed the guy away as he fired the bullet, making it change course and only gracing the back of Romeo instead of going through him. He was shaking, shifting back, he laid on the ground, cold sweat on his entire body. The silver was poisoning him, and Josette hurried to his side, taking off her scarf to cover him slightly. Ambulance soon arrived at the site and it wouldn't be long before Lucius and Kareema would know what hospital they had been taken to.
Romeo was in surgery for a long time, Josette pacing back and forth, not being able to sit still. "I feel so guilty," she whispered, wrapping her arms around herself.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

Full name : Eden Gabriel Altieri
Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 11:42 am

In the midst of their drinking had Lucius not expected to be called up by a hospital, to have them tell him that his nephew needed surgery for silver bullets. Kareema and him had left as soon as he hung up and arrived at the hospital as fast as they could. Kareema went to check on Josette, cupping her face. “They didnt hurt you did they?” She asked soft and caringly, before hugging the young girl close. Lucius spoke with a doctor before he looked to the others. “I should call his mother. She should know.” He just said before he left to do that. “What happened?” Kareema asked the young vampyress, moving some hair off her face for a better view.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

Full name : Saige Black

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 11:50 am

As soon as Kareema arrived she started crying, being held close was so welcome to her. Lucius spoke about contacting Romeo's mother, but she couldn't even reply to that. As he left she looked at Kareema. Explaining what had happened, how they had just walked through the park as the thugs had appeared. She told how scared she had been, and yet the thought of leaving Romeo behind scared her more. How she felt so scared threatening the thug when she wasn't even sure she could follow through with them. She cried against, shaking as she hugged Kareema tight. "And now he's been in surgery since we arrived ... one bullet was easy enough, the second however has lodged in to his shoulder quite deeply," she whimpered.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 12:00 pm

Kareema listened quietly, caressing the vampyress’ face as she looked at her. What a horrible thing to go through. She looked towards the surgery rooms. If it was stuck in his shoulder then there was no telling when they would be done. “It’s okay. Alright? He’ll make it, they just have to make sure it gets out and gets cleaned.” She assured Josette, leaning over to kiss the young girl’s forehead, hugging her closer. She couldnt afford to worry, she had to be strong and be a rock for the girl in her arms. “He’s strong.” She added, but wasnt sure if it was more like a plea that came out of her mouth. Lucius returned after a while. “Any news?” He asked but Kareema shook her head. “Who did this? Did you get to see them?” The old lycan asked Josette.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 12:06 pm

Josette felt the comfort, but she couldn't deny how scared she was for Romeo right now. As Lucius returned she had managed to gather herself quite a bit, her tears had been removed as well as the bloody stains. The question made her nod, "he had a disfigured face and was demanding Romeo's ring," she said, trying to describe the man the best she could, though he had had his back to her most of the time. "He was a daemon, and he spoke about losing everything," she explained, not knowing how much that would help. "I already gave my statement to the police, sir, but they said I didn't have enough information," she whispered, looking down as she clearly felt like a failure in this.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 12:27 pm

Lucius listened to her describe at least one. That was a beginning. He hummed and nodded to then shake his head at her whisper. “Sometimes all you need is just knowing it was someone with a disfigured face.” He assured her calmly, to then smile. “It’s good you got out unscathed.” He told her to then look at Kareema. “You two should go home and rest. I’ve got it from here.” He said, if any objected he’d look at them sternly. “We only need one to be here when he gets out.” He reminded him.
Kareema took out her phone once they were outside, unlocking it but then she thought about it for a bit and changed her mind, locking her phone. “Let’s go home.” She said, grabbing the vampyress’ hand.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 12:36 pm

Josette was about to object, but as they were about to leave she stopped, turning around to walk back to Lucius. She handed him Romeo's ring that she had held on to since he had gone to surgery. "Will you please contact us if anything happens?" She pleaded before heading out to join Kareema once more. She just couldn't shake the feeling of dread.
"He was so calm through it all ... He wanted me to be safe," she muttered as they sat in the car. She looked up to the hospital as they drove past it. "I just feel so bad, I was the one to suggest the walk."
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 12:42 pm

Lucius took the ring and thanked her for keeping it safe. He knew it meant a lot to Romeo, so he would be sure to tell him that Josette had made sure it came back safe to him. “I will keep you updated, I promise.” He said with a faint smile.
Kareema looked at Josette as they sat in the car, sighing at her words. It somehow didnt surprise her that he was calm. “You couldnt have known. It was just a string of bad luck. But somehow I know that others wouldnt have gotten through it as safe as you did. Remember that. You were both strong tonight.” She reminded her. They got home and she prepared a bath for the young vampyress to get her mind off all the tension and bad. She even lit some scented candles in a calming cherry blossom. They were expensive so they really made the bathroom smell like a blooming garden.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 12:51 pm

Lucky or unlucky. She wasn't sure what she would call this evening. As they got to Kareema's home it was clear the vampyress had a plan for her. She got undressed, slipping in to the bath as she leaned her head back. "Once he wakes up I want to go see him - or is that impolite?" She asked if Kareema was still in the bathroom with her.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 1:00 pm

Kareema stayed close by, walking over to sit down at the tub’s side. She grabbed a sponge and carefully dipped it into the soap water, cleaning her back gently. “It’s not impolite. But we’ll ask him if he’ll want to see you. He might need some time to process the whole thing or not want to be seen while he heals.” She said rather calmly, looking at the blue-green eyes. “You really like him, dont you?” She asked softly, clearly approving of it.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 1:08 pm

Josette sighed at the feeling of her skin getting cleaned, closing her eyes. Kareema was right. It was better to ask before dropping by. The question made her open her eyes to look at the vampyress. "I do," she admitted, a small smile on her lips as she looked down at the bubbles surrounding her. "I know what you said at the restaurant ... I get it was a sort of warning, and I am not oblivious to the fact that he will age," she sighed, clearly haven taken Kareema's words more to heart than the lycan by her side. "But is it really so wrong? He is so smart and handsome, he has a sense of style which you rarely find in men these days," she said. She could list a lot of things she off the bat liked about Romeo. "But I'm afraid I haven't been able to dazzle him as he has dazzled me," she admitted in a slight chuckle, looking sad at the thought.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 4:25 pm

Kareema smiled softly at her. There was nothing wrong with having a small crush, even if it developed into more. She actually believed it would be far healthier for the lycan to be with someone his own age and he didnt seem like a bad kid either. However hearing the vampyress speak of the aging surprised the old vampyress. So another set of ears had been listening in as well. “Oh, you shouldnt take my words that close to heart. Whatever happens, happens. I just want for you to be sure about what you want before jumping into anything hasty.” She assured her, touching her back gently in a caring motion. “Why do you not think you have him dazzled? Guys usually take a bit longer to realize what they feel. He may be in a turmoil of figuring himself and his feelings out. And that may hide whatever it is he could be feeling.” She said, wanting nothing but to encourage Josette to go on. They were a sweet couple after all, anyone with eyes could see it.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 4:36 pm

Kareema did have the experience and so she listened, she couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the encouragement. "I don't know if it will ever flourish into something," she said, looking up at Kareema. "I mean, I haven't even been with a boy before," she muttered. For a vampyte she hadn't experienced a lot. She chuckled a little nervously. "I barely know what I'm doing."
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 4:46 pm

“It doesnt have to. You can just keep exploring the feelings you have and follow your instinct.” She said with a gentle smile. The notion of not having been with a boy made Kareema chuckle. “Well luckily you live in a time of age where you get to decide who you want to be with.” She said before the confession. “Just follow what your heart tells you. It can almost never be wrong. And if nothing comes out of it, at least you got to feel something.” She said before she sighed and leaned a bit away as she searched her own memory. “My first in everything was my late husband. I think I was still just a young girl while he was a grown man with most of his life in order. Now that is quite scary to realize that someone was that far ahead in life and as a husband, there was already so much required of me.” She explained. She didnt want pity because it didnt bother her anymore. “I do envy you a little for not having to care about all that, but I’m also very happy for you.”
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 4:58 pm

"I just don't want to get my hear broken, you know," she said shrugging lightly. For someone of her beauty, she didn't have that high of a self esteem, at least not on the inside. "He just made me feel really comfortable today in the dressing room. I felt like I could trust him," she felt like she had to explain even if Kareema already understood. "And by the gods he is handsome," she sighed.
Kareema spoke of how the young vampyress could do what she wanted unlike her back at that age. She felt privileged. "But you do have time to do as you please now? Why haven't you found another person to be with?" She asked, not wanting this conversation just to be about her.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 5:11 pm

“Then that’s all that matters. I know you dont want your heart broken but sometimes it’s necessary, so that you learn your limits and what you want.” She said chuckling a little as Josette mentioned how handsome he was. It was true, he was both handsome and beautiful, something not all men could be at the same time. “Oh my dear, I’ve had my fill of people to be with. I find my love in friends and the family I make. No person could ever compete with a love as unconditional as that.” She said, moving the sponge to the vampyress’ front to gently place in her hands. “I’ll let you finish up on your own. You can sit as long as you’d like.” She said, kissing Josette’s hair before getting up to go. She stopped halfway to turn on a little music player that played some soft music. “I’m very proud of you today” she said before she left. She had to change anyway, changing into a cropped tank top and matching shorts in soft silk. She placed a see through light robe over her shoulders and just went to read in the living room.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 5:46 pm

Josette took the sponge with delicate hands, nodding and muttering a faint thank you to her as she told her to take her time. The vampyress left, but not before praising her, and she smiled at her. She didn't feel like she deserved that praise, and yet she loved the fact it came from a vampyre her senior.
She took her time to spend time in the bath, closing her eyes and just fading away in to the music. The good thing was that the water once cold didn't feel uncomfortable.
It wasn't because she was very dirty, but she liked the feeling. She had always wanted to eventually get a house with a pool. Even if that was a silly dream, she really loved the thought. As she finished up, she draped herself in a bathrobe, unplugging the tub, just sitting on the edge, watching the water drain. Afterwards she made sure to rinse off the tub, just to get the rest bit of soap off before she went over to the mirror, brushing her hair. Tapping her fingers against the sink she looked in the mirror, studying her features before she nodded to herself. She grabbed a small bag, walking out in to the livingroom.
Opening the window she moved over to a chair near Kareema as she took out some nail polishes from the bag. She liked to change her nail polish quite often, even if it hadn't even chipped. "Color suggestions?" She chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 6:09 pm

Kareema was just calmly reading her book, sitting ratger relaxed in the soft sofa. It was pretty much her favorite thing, to just sit and indulge in some story she had taken an interest to in a bookstore. She had always worried she would run out of stories but it seemed that someone always had a new idea or approach, or a similar idea with a different approach. She loved it regardless. The young vampyress came in and she lifted her gaze to watch her sit close to her. The question made her hum. “Red, like your dress had been tonight. Just to remind you of the good that happened tonight.” She said, stretching a little as she felt tired. She hadnt really rested in a couple of weeks now and though she didnt really need it, it was nice to sometimes detatch to complete silence, as if she was sleeping. “I will probably rest tonight if you dont need me to stay up with you?”
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 7:36 pm

Noting the color she explored her bag for one that might match. She started out by removing the polish already on her nails, humming at Kareema's words. "No, I think I'll manage - but if you could leave your phone out here in case Mr. Trevino calls," she said, smiling at the vampyress quite sweetly. She was clearly thinking of Romeo despite being calm right now, he wasn't far from her thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 8:02 pm

She closed her book and made a small sigh before she nodded. “Of course.” She said with a smile, leaving her phone close by the young vampyress. She got up and went to touch her hair, looking at the colour she picked out. “Yeah that one definitely fits you well.” She said sure in tone before leaning down to nuzzle her nose into Josette’s hair. She just couldnt help it, she felt this need to be all motherly and caring towards her. She bid her a goodnight and went to her bedroom. Lucius wouldnt take too long to call to say that Romeo had gotten out of the surgery room and would be transferred to observation and toxicology to treat the silver poisoning.
Back to top Go down
Saige

Saige

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 8:18 pm

When Lucius called, she felt like she could finally breathe properly again. While it wasn't a sure road to recovery, at least he was out of surgery. They had been at him for 7 hours at that point. And she felt so worried. She told Lucius to please keep her updated, and to ask Romeo when he woke up, if she could come visit him.
When the phone call ended she packed away her nailpolish. Closing the window she then went in to her bedroom, sitting down on her bed. She decided to get some rest, perhaps because the home was so silent already and it just made sense. If Kareema came to check on her the young vampyress would be snuggled up, still dressed in her bath robe.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 8:22 pm

After everything Romeo was finally taken to a room where he could slowly be set to wake up. He felt nausea as he finally opened his eyes, looking up at the ceiling with it's many dots. He could hear the hospital outside the door, and moving proved difficult. He felt high on painkillers, trying to move around as a nurse came in to check on him. Seeing he was awake she called for Lucius who had gone out for a coffee shortly before.
Romeo's mother had called her brother, saying she was coming to Churchill on the next flight. She was a busy woman, and taking time out for this was rather special. But it was only for family she did these things.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 8:28 pm

Kareema did check on Josette at least once, smiling a little as she looked at her from the door. She walked over to place a soft blanket over the vampyress before leaving, closing the door halfway so the candlelights in the hallway still shone in a slight bit.

Lucius didnt mind the lack of sleep, he was after all old and had been accustomed to sleepless nights once in a while. He had had a lot of water to properly sober up, being a lycan had only helped it further. When he finally returned to the young lycan he had some fresh cold bottled water with him that he placed next to the lycan on the rolling table. “It’s unfortunate that it had to happen to you. I’ve spoken to the police and they filled me in.” He said before he showed him the ring. “I’ll take this home and leave it on your night stand. I dont want some pickpocket to steal it from you here.” He assured him. “The vampyre girl kept it safe for you. It was sweet of her.” He said with a sigh. Now came the bad news, or it was up to the lycan to interpret it how he wanted. “Your mother is coming in on the next flight.”
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 9:13 pm

Romeo looked at the ring in his uncle's hand, sighing a little relieved as he felt like he had fought a lot to keep it safe. He couldn't really reply as his throat still felt very sore after the operation where a tube had been stuck down his throat. The mention of his mother made him sigh, but he sounded rather raspy. He didn't mind his mother coming, but it was more of an embarrassing factor as he felt he was adult enough to handle this on his own. Not that his mother was smothering him, but it meant more eyes on him for the next foreseeable future.
A nurse came in, briefing Romeo on what had happened and what precautions they were taking right now. He needed to stay in the hospital for the next few days, just to be sure that the poison had been flushed out. "We can set you up with a visitor's list; I'll let your guardian make one for you just to be sure," she smiled politely before she made sure every IV were nice and in place, then left.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 9:43 pm

Lucius listened to the nurse as well, nodding about the visitor’s list. He would definitely set that up with Romeo once she was gone. “Josette wanted to come by if you’ll let her see you.” He then said like he was almost forgetting. He leaned back and took another sip of hos coffee, letting the lycan think about it if he needed but if he decided it was okay he’d send Kareema a text.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't like where this is going   I don't like where this is going - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I don't like where this is going
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next