Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
The everyday monsters in our lives EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
The everyday monsters in our lives EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

The everyday monsters in our lives

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next
Joe

Joe

Full name : Benjamin Joe Harris
Quote : "There is not a lot of things that scare me. And my fuse is also short. That's a pretty bad cocktail for a night out when some loudmouth starts spewing shit"

The everyday monsters in our lives Empty
PostSubject: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 3:15 am

Tag: Will add when u decide who fits the vibe <3

Sometimes it was like the world should have had a function to stand still in time. Joe would have liked that at many points in his life. Instead he sat pondering. Wondering what he could have done different, weighing the options that had made one thing happen over another. He was sipping on a cheap beer. Not more than a few sips. He wasnt looking to get drunk. No his eyes were set on someone down the bar.

“Boys! It’s getting dark outside!” A female called from the porch. “Boys!” She called, but no boys presented themselves. It would be a stormy night. The two boys were wandering through the forest, one holding a stick, the other a slingshot. “It’s probably just a rabid dog. There are no such things as monsters Benjamin.” The boy with the stick complained.. the other boy looked at him with a serious gaze. Shaking his head the boy with the stick retreated. They continued walking in the last lights of the day.

No, back then, no one really believed in monsters. They surely didnt exist. But Joe knew better now. He drank his beer with a cautious hand. If he had too much then his hand would shake. He hated when his hands would be shaking, he needed them steady and ready. The older man got up and told his group that he was going out for a smoke. Joe watched him go, before he got up too. Snatching a pack of cigarettes from a table he passed, he moved outside. He bit down on a smoke to then realize that there were no lighter. He went to poke the man’s shoulder. Having his cigarette lit, he drew in a deep drag, feeling the nicotine haze his mind on the get go. He bit down on the bud, reaching into his pocket. Grabbing some wire, he wrapped one hand, slowly. The man didnt notice.
He only wrapped it once or twice on his other hand before he made complaints about the light dying, though before the man could turn, he wrapped the wire around his neck, hard. He pulled with all his human strength, throwing the monster on the ground to plant a knee in his back. The wire was tightened. “Now you listen here you fucker.” Joe hissed in his ear. “No more harassing my neighbour. I’m sick and tired of hearing a sack of shit being a sack of shit. No more. Do you understand?” He added, the man grunting and complaining but he got the message. Joe knocked him out before he unwrapped his hand, one bleeding while the other slowly swelled. He had to stop getting so angry.
Gritting his teeth he spat on the man before he moved on. He had to get home anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 9:44 am

It had been a completely normal night up until now. She had been out, mostly just to scout the nightlife. She had gotten a mission, one that wasn't too easy to manage, but a lot of trust and faith had been placed in her hands, and she wasn't one to turn down a chance to prove herself. However this guy wasn't so easy. Following him out of the bar, she felt disgusted by the smoke of cigarettes, but anything to keep an eye on this guy. Eventually he caught her gaze, and she smiled at him as if she wanted him to approach her. By the gods she hated these darkened creatures. Feasting on others simply to survive!
She lured him, playing coy as she moved into an alley a fair bit away from the bar, but it could've just seemed like she was ready to hook up then and there. The guy followed, catching up to her in no time, leaning down to her ear as he whispered sweet nothings to her. She giggled, though on the inside she felt a burning anger rise. Did he really think this worked, or was he mentally defficiant? Either way she moved her hand down to her thigh, pulling out a blessed knife. She hadn't considered the shine of a neon light reflecting from it, making the daemon hiss, grabbing her wrist. "You really think I'm that stupid, sweet cheeks?" he said in an angry voice, and she struggled against his grip. Daemons were strong by nature, especially if their diet consisted of real souls, not just the vialed ones. Either way was disgusting to her, but she could respect a vegetarian daemon.
No, she took that back; She could never respect a daemon. "I've got orders," she just said, her wrist being grabbed tighter, making her grunt in pain as she looked around the alley for any help. The vampyre made her drop the knife as he pushed her up against the clammy wall. She felt the cold in her bones instantly, looking up at him, her eyes as defiant as ever. "Too bad you won't live another day," he sighed, tilting his head to the side, leaning down to her lips, "you would've been a fun toy for me to slowly suck a bit of soul out of every day." Gritting her teeth she tried to turn her head away, but to no avail as the daemon grabbed her chin, forcing her to look back at him. His lips mere inches from her face as she spotted someone passing the alley. It was a long shot. Anyone in their right mind would stay away from a place like this. "Help!" she called out, the daemon hissing as he struggled to cover her mouth, but she bit down on his fingers making him pull it away, "you bitch." Struggling more, she managed to scream more loudly, "please! Please! Someone, anyone!" She just needed the daemon distracted for a second. One second so he could let go and she could get her knife back.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Quote : "There is not a lot of things that scare me. And my fuse is also short. That's a pretty bad cocktail for a night out when some loudmouth starts spewing shit"

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 10:56 am

The walk home wouldnt have been far from the bar, which was fine. He walked a bit in his own thoughts, until he heard a calling. It sounded pretty desperate for help. He stopped in his tracks before he moved towards the voice, following it’s direction. It did help that the person continuously called out for anyone to help. He stepped into the alley. ”Hello?” He called out. What if he had gone to the wrong alley? No, he had a growing feeling inside that this was the right way. It didnt feel safe. He dug down into the pocket of his jacket, grasping a concealed weapon to feel a sense of safety, while remaining on guard. Then he saw them, the grip on his weapon tightening. Pulling it out he revealed a pistol. Quite bold to be carrying that around but he rarely got checked as he didnt quite fit the criteria of the spotlight. “Let the lady go.” He urged the man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 11:14 am

Phoebe looked up as a guy stepped forward, holding a gun no less. The daemon scoffed, releasing her and pushing her to the ground. Big mistake, but he couldn't see how she reached for her knife. "Silly little human .. What is it with you mortals tempting your fates like this?" He clicked his tongue, shaking his head no. He wasn't afraid of a gun. No, immortality had made him reckless, his darkened eyes looking almost through this newcomer, "why are you worried about a silly fenix anyways? Better to put them out of their misery of constantly being reborn, don't you think?"
Phoebe had managed to get her knife, still moving slow and pretending to be hurt. That way the daemon wouldn't see what was coming. "Asshole," she told the daemon before getting on her feet, grabbing the guy's face from behind and cutting his throat. He tried fighting it, biting down on the fenix' fingers, a crackling sound heard and she had to bite the inside of her cheek to not scream out in pain. But it was no use. It was blessed and submerged in holy water; No daemon wound could heal from that. Letting him go he staggered forwards, blood spilling over from his neck and mouth as he gave a sinister smile to the guy with the gun. He tried saying something, but all that came out was the gargling sound of his blood before he collapsed on the ground.
Phoebe was panting, shaking her hand a little, "Fucking daemons," she muttered, drying off her knife on the inside of her dress. That way she wouldn't be too noticeable heading home. "Thank you, by the way," she told the stranger, nodding to him as she walked closer to look at the gun, clearly not caring if he still had it raised. She had just killed a guy in front of him. No, she had killed a monster, and that was different by far. "You got special bullets in it?" clearly curious, but it was perhaps from her line of work.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 2:25 pm

Sure a human was the weakest of them all. He wasnt physically capable of protecting himself. But he was smart, way smarter than he probably lead on. He had learned the best ways to deal with opponents with great advantages. The remark made his already stern expression harden. He wasnt testing fate. He was just coming to whoever was calling for help. The question made him shrug. "Not my place to decide." he said through gritted teeth, because that was the luxury mortals had over these creepy creatures. Humans like himself was ensured to eventually expire and live out their life. They werent everlasting leeches.
He had noticed the girl moving but if she had expected him to squirm and react to violence, she would be mistaken. His expression remained unchanged as the daemon's throat was cut, the gurgle of whatever the monster would have wanted to say would be forgotten. He put his pistol away in case they were disturbed. No reason to be caught armed. He watched her dry off the knife, her thanks just being shrugged off. Thanking him for coming when someone called for help? Felt absurd. Her question about his gun made him narrow his eyes. "No. Just normal bullets. But they dont know that." he said, with a shrug. Did he look like the type to be having a whole arsenal in his back pocket? No he had worked hard just to get the gun.
"What was that about anyway? You clearly didnt need help." he said rather nonchalant, gesturing to the now dead corpse on the ground. He could understand wanting to undo these monsters. But anyone else less prepared could have been in terrible danger. He couldnt just ignore that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 11:29 pm

"Still could slow a daemon down if they were weak," she hummed, nodding as she put her knife away. She had to admit she was actually rather impressed by how he had simply jumped into action. Especially here in Southern it wasn't often people looked out for anyone but themselves. His line of questioning was fair enough to say the least and she hummed, shrugging lightly as an answer, though she did put some words to it. "I needed a distraction; He was a strong one, stronger than I had hoped for if I'm being honest," she admitted with a small sigh, looking down at the daemon, his face buried in a pool of his own blood. "Though I have to say you actually showing up ready to kill a guy actually have me very impressed," she could respect that call to action he might've felt, though she wouldn't lose sleep over it. He didn't seem really taken aback by anything.
"Welp, I really should get going," she muttered, fishing her phone out of her bag, sighing as she saw the message, "of course," clearly a bit annoyed. "Are you busy right now?" She asked a bit out of the blue, but she guessed if he had been ready to spring into action for her, then perhaps he could do it again, but this time a bit more prepared. "I need to get to this address," she said, showing it to him and it was a fair bit away. Southern wasn't a safe place to walk on your own, and least of all at this time of night. "You think you could be chivalrous and help a girl out a second time?" - "I could get you some silver bullets in return?"
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 4:36 pm

It wasnt like it was easy to just deduct whether a daemon was strong or weak from a glance. It was too risky to just draw assumptions like that. So Joe rather wanted to play on the fear that what he could have in the gun would be something that was a danger to the supernatural. A distraction? He wasnt sure he could agree with her approach, but he couldnt deny that it had worked out for her in the end. He shrugged as she commended him for showing up. "It was the right thing to do." he just said.
But that was also about it. She wasnt in danger anymore and he had things to do. It seemed that she was just as busy to get going, so he didnt pay much mind to her mutter as he turned to leave the alley. Her question made him stop as he wasnt sure what she was getting at. "It depends." he said. If she was trying to thank him for his help, then he was busy. But if it was something else... She showed an address and he looked at him, humming as he recognized the place. "I'll take the silver bullets." he said after a moment of consideration. He nodded for her to follow along. "Stay close. And dont get in trouble." because the last thing he needed as of right now was more trouble. His hands were still sore from the wire, one finally not bleeding, even if there was a damp spot in his jakcet's pocket right now. The blood hadnt seeped through to show on the outside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 5:00 pm

Phoebe just nodded, following him silently as she wasn't much of a talker either. Frankly it was refreshing not to have someone blabber for once in her life. He had this calmness about him that she couldn't quite place, and she swore he looked familiar. She just couldn't place him. Looking down at her phone while they walked she might've seemed preoccupied, but in reality she was studying her surroundings. Of course the light on her phone was bright, but she could make out if someone was to step forwards from the shadows.
Arriving at the place it was fairly hard to avoid. The loud music coming from within the large house was not to be ignored. Outside it looked pretty abandoned, a few sketchy types loitering along the stairs. One of them whistled after the pair, "you looking for a party, sweetheart?" A woman yelled, waving at the two of them. The woman was smiling, her fangs out and proud and it made Phoebe's skin crawl. "Here," she muttered to the stranger who had helped her get here, "payment." She stuffed a small package in his pocket before nodding that he could just leave. He had been very helpful, but she couldn't have him slow her down.
"Are you coming baby, why aren't you bringing your boyfriend? He's cute too!" The woman called, a couple of guys she was standing with snickering and sipping from their cups. "Just go home," she urged him, sending him what could perhaps best be described as a smile before she turned, smiling brightly at the vampyress. "I love parties!" Playing dumb was an act in it of itself. She headed up the stairs, the vampyress eagerly pulling her with her into the loud house. The guys remained out front, looking at the strange guy if he was still standing there.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 5:41 pm

Joe really wasnt much of a talker when you first met him. His parents had just quite strictly taken dont talk to any strangers and applied it with a firm hand. So it would take a bit of time for him to just warm up. Once they arrived, he did feel a strong bad vibe coming off from the building itself. What was she going to do here? He looked at her a little with an analyzing gaze until they were called by a few who were standing outside.
Joe just had a special burning hatred for vampyres. They were possibly the worst in his mind. He looked at the fenix as she stuffed the bullets in his pocket, glancing at the vampyres ahead. When she just went directly towards them, he thought that she might be mad. He was urged to go home but he wasnt moving just yet. Even as people were giving him weird looks. He took off his cap to ruffle up his hair a bit, stuffing it under his jacket before he decided to go ahead.
Just to check the place out. See if the mystery girl was just some blood pouch or about to be in real trouble. He at least didnt feel compelled to just leave her behind now, even if she had urged him to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 6:57 pm

Once inside it was quite clearly a crazy party, however it was also very clearly set up as what most might describe as a vampyric den. A place where poor unfortunate souls let themselves be drained for the amusement of the immortal races feasting on them. Phoebe was being lead through, but she wasn't really sure what to think. She knew she had to pick up something in here, but she wasn't sure where the guy was that she needed to find. So for now she was just being shown around the place.  

From the shadows a figure studied the human whom had entered on his own. It was unusual because usually a vampyre invited them in or they were regulars. And this guy was neither. The darkened eyes followed him around until he was amongst a larger group. She went to him, grabbing him by his arm, "you need to get out of here Benjamin," she hissed in a low voice. Her dark brown hair and brown eyes matching the guy she had grabbed. She was his sister, and they surely hadn't seen each other in a long time, but she could recognize him anywhere. She started pulling at him, looking around, hoping they wouldn't be spotted. She might've looked rather frantic, but this wasn't a life she wanted for her brother, even if they were estranged.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 7:16 pm

It was just as horrible as he had thought it would be. At least for a mortal like him was the sight that met him inside not one to behold. And it felt as if that no matter where he looked, eyes were studying him as if he was a piece of meat on the market. It at least didnt feel like anything else than a meat market. That was when he was grabbed by the arm, turning his head to look into familiar brown eyes. He frowned, looking at her in disbelief as she spoke his name. "Dont touch me." he hissed, pulling his arm back. No, his sister couldnt be here, but it wasnt like he was deranged, imagining that she was still here. She had just changed. Changed so much that he didnt recognize her anymore. He didnt know who this monster was. "I'm looking for someone." he said. He couldnt even look at her. "You're not Sadie, dont call me Benjamin." he said, shaking his head.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

Full name : Cesare Leone

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 7:30 pm

"You won't find any decent people here, trust me," she said, but then he said something that she had heard before. It was the day she had returned to her family, tried to reconnect, but she had changed too much. And her family declared her dead, even if she was standing right there in front of them. "Stop making a scene, and let me help you get out of here," she argued, though it did still hurt all of these years after. She was still rather young, not having grown at all. Stuck in time from when she had been sweet and innocent.
However it was already too late as a couple of vampyres flanked them right here, one of them flashing a smile as he grabbed onto the human, keeping him in place. "I bet he will be very interested to meet your little friend, Sadie," the guy chuckled. Sadie frowned, looking down in defeat because there wasn't much she could do now that they had been spotted. Instead she followed silently as the guy's led them upstairs, the guy holding onto the human even if he tried fighting it.
They were led into a rather nice room, one that was nicer than the torn down walls downstairs. There was a bed and some light even, and by the window said a tall figure, holding an empty glass with bloody stains on the inside. He sighed softly before getting up, looking at Sadie before he nodded for her to go sit by the wall. He then turned his attention to the goons, humming as he searched their eyes, the one holding onto the human let go and went to stand by the door.
"It is not often we get visits like these," he mused, though his expression was cold and unchanging. He moved over to sit by the windowsill once more, his face hidden in the shadows. "Tell me, how do you know little Sadie?" It was a stupid question, but also a rather fair one looking from the outside perspective.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 8:13 pm

"I'm sure you know all about that." Joe argued, still not looking at her. He couldnt bear to. It had been years since the change. He couldnt bear to look at her and see her just as she had been the day they found her. It had been a relief. Until they had realized what she had become. He refused to follow along, rather wanting to go find the mystery girl who he had met in the alley. She surely couldnt be safe here, could she?
That was when they were seemingly spotted. The vampyres surrounding them was agitating Joe but he regulated himself with a stern expression and a subtle clenching exercise with his hand. It was a bad idea to start a fight here. He was brought along, no idea what was even going on. Being led to a nice room, he looked around until his eyes fell on the figure in the window. He still wouldnt look at Sadie if he could get away with it. The hidden figure spoke and Joe scoffed rather condescending, "Wonder why." he muttered under his breath. The question however made him look a little more serious as he shook his head. "I had a sister with that name. I dont know who this is." he said, glancing towards his former sister before he looked back at the stranger. "I'm not here for her. I'm here for someone else."
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 8:26 pm

"Ah, so you're a ghost now, are you Sadie?" the man hummed before looking at the people in the room. So the little human wasn't there for her, well not that it mattered much, she was basically collateral at this point. "Well tell us who you're looking for and we can help you find them easily; You'll be out of here in no time," he promised, though a smile showed from the shadows.
From the bed was heard a groan, getting up was a rather handsome man, his skin pale and his shirt open and hanging loosely down his sides. "You bore me, Travis," he complained, wafting his hand at the guy in the window. "Get out of here before I rip up your little throat, okay?" His voice was elegant and perhaps a bit aloof. He went around and in front of this human, leaning down to inspect his face carefully. Yes, he certainly did look like Sadie, though rather too human for his taste. "Sadie take the two goonies outside and just give them what they want, alright, thanks," he said without taking his eyes off of this guy.
Sadie looked at Joe before having to leave the room. "Women can be a hassle, even vampyres know that," he mocked, leaning away and going back to the bed, poking a girl who was laying in it, the duvet covering most of her body. He sighed softly but shrugged it off. If she died, it was just not in him to mourn the loss.
"You have a certain hatred for my kind," he just said, almost as if he was having casual conversation with a friend, walking over to a small dresser whereupon on top stood a mixture of different alcohol. He mixed a drink, walking over to hand it to the human. "Don't worry, there is no poison in it; Only liquid bravery," he chuckled, moving over to sit down on the edge of the bed so he could look at this stranger a bit better. "Now, tell me who you're looking for; Perhaps a girlfriend or some sort of lover?" he wasn't judging regardless, in fact it didn't really matter. "While that idiot Travis promised to find whomever you are searching, it's me who knows my way around this little playhouse," he stretched, though he had no real reason for it, smiling as the human was rather stern, wasn't he?
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 9:56 pm

The man spoke to his sister and Joe grit his teeth a little. Even if she was dead to him and the family, it was still his sister that this guy was talking about. He shook his head at the request to help. "I dont need no help from a bloodsucker." he hissed. He would rather roll over and die. Which seemed to be a possibility now of all things that could happen to him. The groan from the bed didnt make Joe turn his attention in the direction. Frankly he really didnt care what vampyres were in the room, as far as he knew there were no mortals.
He was quiet during the exchanges, though it was quite clear that he didnt like being here at all. Not in the way that he was scared or fearing for his life, but more like a deepfelt discontent with everything around him right now. He was left alone with the vampyre who had been in bed, looking at him with a relaxed yet annoyed expression. The mention of his hatred didnt surprise him. Surely he wasnt exactly emitting an aura of friendship and happiness. The guy went to mix a drink and as he offered it to Joe, the human looked at it for a second before he reluctantly reached out and accepted it. He sniffed the liquid in the glass, clearly not trusting it.
"I already said that I dont want help." he said, thinking he had been quite clear that he wasnt interested. He couldnt trust these immortals. They wanted to seem so friendly and helpful, but it didnt change that they were monsters. He downed the drink and then crossed his arms. "Why dont you just get it over with, bite me and leave me to bleed." he hissed.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 3:44 pm

"I did hear you the first time, though sometimes we change our minds once opportunity strikes," he said in a soft chuckle, just studying the human's features. He was a handsome young man, though he didn't seem too well aware of it. Or maybe he was but just didn't think about it. Cesare sighed, crossing his legs and placing his elbow over his knee, his head in his palm as the hiss made him shrug. "Tell me .. what fun is there in biting you and then leaving you?" he asked rather seriously. He wanted to understand his thinking, perhaps because he was so bored. Immortality was continuing and he felt it as a constant companion. This last century he had been taking more risks, but then again it was just how he reacted to boredom.
"Sure, biting you might be pleasurable, but what then? What do I gain from killing a nobody off the street?" he scoffed, shaking his head as he got up. Walking behind him, his hands moved to press down on the human's shoulders, leaning down to his ear as he sighed softly. "Perhaps you would join your sister in immortality? She is quite lonely and could use a companion," he hummed, moving his head over to the other side of his head, smiling as he thought it through, "oh but what a cliché you would be; a vampyre hating what he has become is so 1791."
Clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth he let go of the human. "I'm much more interested in what you have in your pocket," he said, walking over to the window, looking at the glass that had been left behind, dragging his finger across the narrow edge of the glass, picking up some blood that he lifted to his lips. Sucking softly on it he smiled before leaning to sit in the windowsill. He was rather tall, so it really wasn't much of a lean, more of a bend of the knee situation. "I want to know who you're working for."
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 4:29 pm

Joe wasnt going to change his mind. His stubborn self might even just accept death over help from a bloodsucking leech. No, he definitely would choose death over that. The question made Joe narrow his eyes slightly. Fun? What a sick way to put killing someone. Because that was what it would be, right? Bleeding out or changing was the same outcome to the human. The addition didnt make him like him that much more. But Joe wouldnt deny that he was just another nobody. But he had better things to worry about than how he was ranking in his social life. The mention of his sister made Joe grit his teeth but the touch wasnt helping much either. "She's not my sister. Stop saying that." he warned him, not wanting to ever hear such words again. His sister. Like hell that monster was anywhere near what Sadie had been.
His pocket? Joe wasnt sure what he was even talking about? What the mystery girl had given him? Or the gun? "I work for nobody." he said, sounding rather genuine because he was. But any trained liar could have the same tone of reliability while lying through their teeth. "Sure as hell wouldnt tell you if I did. It's none of your business what a nobody does or doesnt do."
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 5:44 pm

"Well if she's not your sister, then why was it she called for you that night .. ah .. what was the name again," he muttered as if he had forgotten, but a vampyre like him never forgot details that could be useful down the line. "Oh, I remember; No, please .. Benjamin, help me .. Benjamin please," his tone mocking before he sighed, waving his hand. "She had of course forgotten that she had made a deal with me, and that she had to keep up her end of the bargain," he was being rather crude, but then again with an unbeating heart did he really have to be anything else? He looked the human up and down, wondering if he hated him more now. "I made her what she is, she's my sire and she has served me well," - "tended to my needs, though she can be dreadfully boring for an immortal that is."
He had been well tempered up until now, but as the human refused to tell him who he worked for he scoffed. What an obvious lie. The follow up made him scoff softly, shrugging as he tapped lightly against the windowsill. "Well if you don't work for anyone, why do you have silver bullets in your jacket?" he asked, holding the bag up that he had snatched from the human. He hummed as he inspected them, "they don't quite look like the quality they sell on the black market down here in Southern," he hummed. No these were nice quality. And it surely didn't look like this human could just afford this quality. "But I suppose that it doesn't really matter .. I mean, silver is harmless to a vampyre, though it does sting quite a bit."
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 5:57 pm

His mutter did nothing to Joe. He had already laid it past him. Whatever had happened to Sadie had to remain in the past. He couldnt believe a word this leech was saying. "I dont believe a word from your lying tongue." he said a little cold, furrowing his brows as his expression remained stern and annoyed. "Your kind says anything to get a reaction." he just concluded. This guy had really been trying to press a lot of buttons and Joe had him figured out now.
The mention of the silver and the way the guy showed the bag that should have been in Joe's pocket made the human reach down to feel over the pockets. He just remained quiet. What was he supposed to say anyway? That a girl had given him the bullets? No, he wouldnt just sell her off to some monster. "If they're not that big of a concern to you, then hand them back?" he suggested sounding as if it wouldnt be that big of a deal, holding out his hand to get the bullets back but that gesture was more of a mockery. "Surely a sting is better than feeling nothing for eternity."
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 6:07 pm

Hand them back? Cesare shrugged, placing the bag neatly in the human's hand as he chuckled at the statement. "Perhaps you are right," he said after considering it for a bit. "Would you like to shoot me?" he asked, and while it might've been a mockery, he was dead serious. His eyes showed a bit of crazy in them. He was centuries old at this point, he had avoided death everywhere so perhaps it was fate that would take him now. "Go on, I know you have a gun in your other pocket," he chuckled, walking over to stand a little bit away, spreading his legs lightly, placing his hands on his back. "Whenever you're ready," he said calmly.
This human was indeed something else. He seemed even less alive than he was, and what an amusing thing it was. "Oh, right .. I should act how you view me," he said, raising his arms and spreading his fingers, "ooooooh ~ I'm a scary vampyre man out for blood." He could help but smile before chuckling lightly. "You betta shoot me before I drink from your neck!" Yeah he probably looked like he was insane. But insanity and genius was marked by a very thin line.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 6:22 pm

He was handed back the packet and he looked at it, before placing it back in the pocket it had been snatched from. The question felt so sudden and yet Joe wasnt sure what to answer. Not that he didnt want to kill every single one of these bastards, but he felt like there was some detail that he might be missing here. Also to mention the fact that this place was swarming with vampyres. It would be like destroying a bee hive from within; Completely impossible. The mention of the gun made him scoff softly. The vampyre was attentive, that was for sure. He noticed how the vampyre was readying himself as if the human had even agreed to this. Was this some sort of game? To make it more reasonable to attack? No, Joe couldnt believe that a vampyre had reason within them.
The mockery made Joe blink a few times, not moving at all. "Right. Can I go now?" he asked, though he didnt know what this guy was planning. But whatever it was, Joe wouldnt even for one second be some kind of entertainment for this deranged vampyre.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 12:56 pm

Cesare put his arms down in a disappointed manner, breathing out in a sigh as the human asked if he could go. He really was no fun, was he? "Sure, you can go look for your little friend," he gestured with his hand, "you just won't find her." The vampyre was perhaps maddened from the hundreds of years of immortality, but he also wasn't stupid. He had shown that much at least. He walked back to the bed, sitting down beside the girl covered by the blankets, "it's sad sweetie, I know, but he doesn't know you've been here." He touched her red hair, lifting it up to breathe in her scent through it. Creepy? Very much so. But it didn't matter what the human thought.
"Your people keep trying to sneak into my parties, but you two are the youngest by far," he sighed, running his hand down along her cheek, lifting her chin though she was clearly unable to speak or react much. She had been given a neutralizer the second she had been brought to him. "I'm not usually a fan of redheads .. They always think they are better than others or more special," he tilted his head, looking at her otherwise decent features. Though what she looked like didn't really matter deep down. He lifted his eyes to look at the human if he was still there. He could leave, so what was to say he couldn't have just gone? But if he was there he would continue to talk.
"Now, I don't pretend to be a good person like the rest of you lot; frankly I think you have a hard time convincing yourselves of that every day," he could feel the arrogance from the fenix, as well as the human. They might've not been aware of it, but thinking of a race lesser than them or as monsters clearly meant they valued the mortals' lives higher. "I've faced discrimination my whole life, but then again you don't care for my kind .. That is why you deny your sister is alive even though she stood right in front of you." He chuckled, tilting his head a little before looking back at the red head on the bed. "Now, I can't turn her .. No, a fenix can't be turned, that is well known, but there are things I could do to her that means she won't even remember who she is in the end," a cheshire like smile creeping up on his lips as he leaned down to her, kissing her forehead sweetly. "I've always wondered if a fenix could survive a vampyric pregnancy .. I guess we could fool around and find out, huh baby?"
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 4:40 pm

He would have gone, but then the vampyre's addition made him frown. Did he know who he was looking for? The human clearly seemed to consider the possibility while the vampyre found a seat on the bed next to the girl. That was when Joe's eyes wandered and the hand touching the red hair made him realize that she had been there all along. It had only been the red hair that gave it away really. He realized that he hadnt even remembered her face that well. Your people? Joe didnt understand what he meant by that, but it seemed that any genuine attempt to say that would be brushed off as him playing dumb.
Joe felt the tension in his jaw as he just stood and watched. The comment about redheads was something he really didnt care about. But the way the vampyre was saying it was pissing him off. "We dont leech off others like parasites." the human muttered in retaliation. Sure, maybe they were playing high and mighty, but their livelihood wasnt depending on other beings in the same regard as daemons and vampyres.
Joe really couldnt give much of a shit about how a vampyre was disliking the discrimination. He said it quite fine himself, not even Joe's sister was a person in the human's eyes anymore. But it was enough when he began talking to the girl. Joe finally gave in and pulled the gun. "You talk so fucking much." he muttered, gritting his teeth as he rested a finger on the trigger. And the things he said? It made Joe's stomach churn. "Still want to find out what it feels like to be shot?" Joe asked, folding his lips as he thought for a second. He opened the chamber and emptied the bullets into his hand, stuffing them in his pocket before he put in the silver bullets. He lifted the gun once it was loaded again, holding the aim to the vampyre. "Isnt this what you wanted? Go on. Try me."
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 5:16 pm

Oh what magnificent anger that flowed from the human as soon as he realized who was on the bed. Cesare sighed at the mutter, gesturing with his hand that he was aware. But he wasn't ashamed of it. No his words were used to amuse himself and other; Either that or make some enemies along the way, either could work. The vampyre switched around the bullets making him chuckle. "You know, in the time you took to reload your gun, I could've drained her and stopped you from even putting in the first bullet," he chuckled, shrugging as he leaned back against the headrest. He moved his arms out to the side, "be my guest, darling, shoot me and get that anger out, but I promise it won't help you." He chuckled softly.
His hand moved down to play with the redhead's hair, stroking it as if it was a pet. "It's funny, isn't it?" he smiled, looking at the girl, "I can smell that you are a virgin, little girl, and normally that would've turned me off, but you would make pretty children with a face like that." He was egging the human on, wanting him to be as angry as possible and it was so clear. And yet he wondered if the human even saw logic at this point. "Maybe the human here hoped to snatch it up?" he chuckled, leaning down to kiss her lips. He was clearly asking to be shot at this point.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 6:05 pm

“But you didnt, so why the fuck does it matter.” He hissed, even as the vampyre shrugged. He really wanted to fill the sucker with silver but who were to say what would happen to him then? Was he willing to go that far? And for a stranger? No, Joe had a good heart. He couldnt leavr this place without her. “Stop touching her!” He warned him but he clearly wasnt the one who was in control of the situation, even with a gun in his hand. The way the vampyre spoke about the mystery girl like she was some breeding stock. That was what reslly got to Joe. Not that he was in danger or didnt know how he would get out of here.
Then the vampyre began kissing her and Joe pressed on the trigger, aiming for his shoulder. If he hit, he’d walk over to place the gun at the vampyre’s head. “I know this wouldnt be enough to kill you.” He said, trying to contain how furious he was with him. “But I have seen how vampyre brain can be scattered all over the place. Takes a few hours to regain function again. It always looks so… unnatural and disgusting to see the body squirm and wiggle while it’s healing.” He said, speaking from experience. Not really disclosing whether it was him who had done some sick shit or just looked on. Either way, he seemed to know what he was talking about. “Do you want to know if you’re any different?” He asked in a lowered tone, poking the vampyre’s head with the gun a little hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The everyday monsters in our lives   The everyday monsters in our lives Empty

Back to top Go down

The everyday monsters in our lives
Page 1 of 42Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Southern District-
Jump to: