Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
Aiastes

Aiastes

Full name : Aiastes

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 8:08 pm

Aiastes had been away for a good while now. But sadly he also knew that some things had come up that had taken up a lot of his time. Lucienne was in the apartment as Mari returned. "I send my regards from my master," she said, her hair slicked back as always and her bird-like features on full display. She didn't have to really worry about people staring at her. "I was also asked to pass along this message," she said, digging into her coat pocket and taking out a piece of parchment that had been neatly folded and sealed. Inside was a message meant only for Mari to read.

Dearest Mari.
I am regretfully writing to you instead of visiting you this time around. My realm is in need of me still, and I cannot return to you before that has been sorted. I wish I could tell you more or even soothe you in this time, but you are in my thoughts. A few weeks might need to pass before I can come visit again. I do not blame you for your anger nor disappointment over this message, but be strong and time will pass faster than you realize.
Yours, A.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

Full name : Mari Belle Godfrey

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 8:40 pm

George's yell made her roll her eyes softly and she stuck out her tongue at him before she went bak inside. Seeing Lucienne was a bit of a surprise but somehow she also kind of knew what it meant and she looked at the paper with a sad look in her eyes. "Thank you." she said, even if she didnt have to. It was kind of her to deliver the message. "You should probably head back if he needs you." she said. She didnt want to keep the raven busy when she was practically heading to bed in a second. ".. And Lucienne? Tell him that it's alright." she said before she had even read the message. She couldnt be angry at him for being busy. Even if it bummed her out. She sat down with the message, feeling her jaw quiver a little bit. The message was sweet and yet so bitter. That night she went to sleep with puffy eyes, but it was what it was. She didnt even really sleep either, just reading the book she had loaned from the library. When she woke up, the pendant laid next to her book on the bed and she felt a little worn out.

Friday eventually rolled around and she was really looking forward to going out with George. She even freshened up, put on a slight bit of makeup and found something quite nice to wear that was also comfortable. When it was about noon, she went to his apartment to knock on the door, hoping that she wasnt disturbing him. But she didnt exactly have his number.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Full name : George Sullivan

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 8:51 pm

George had been at work the night before, but he was half way at getting dressed as there was a knock on his door. Opening it he smiled, pulling his shirt over his head. If she had peaked she would've noticed that he was actually rather muscular and had a few tattoos here and there. "Hiya," he smiled, gesturing for her to come in and actually see his apartment now that he had sorta finished setting it up. The apartment layout was much like the one that Mari lived in, only his way of decorating was rather different indeed. He sat down, pulling on some socks and shoes, "kinda overslept - alarm felt like it didn't need to work today," he chuckled a bit apologetically. Once that was sorted he got up, grabbing his jacket, wallet and phone before nodding that he was ready to head out.
Placing his hands in the pockets of his jacket, they walked along the street. George was just making basic conversation, telling about his latest work nights and some crazy customers that he had had. "Basically she started screaming that she was owed compensation because we had tried to poison her .. by putting garlic on her garlic bread," he rolled his eyes. Some people were crazy, and it seemed like he drew them in like a magnet sometimes. They reached the small coffee shop, he held the door for her, looking at the decorations before following her in. It was nice and warm inside, "wow, I've never actually been in here before," he admitted. He had passed it many times on the way to the underground, but this was actually very cozy. He could imagine working here could be nice in the down time. Looking at the menu he hummed, smiling at the barista behind the counter, "black coffee and I think I'll have a biscotti too," he ordered with a smile, paying for his share. It wasn't a date, so he didn't expect to pay for everything. Did that sound greedy? Well whatever, he knew what it was like to not have money.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 9:21 pm

Being greeted by him still getting dressed made her chuckle softly. She followed him in at the gesture and looked around. Yeah, it looked quite nice already. She loved seeing how others chose to decorate their homes, if that wasnt obvious by now. His remark about the alarm made her shrug. “There wouldnt be a problem with sleeping in either.” She argued with a soft smile, having noticed his tattoos but she wouldnt comment on them. She had a cute little flower on her hip so she wasnt opposed to tattoos in the slightest.
Once they headed out and he was telling a story, she did find that one particular customer odd. “But I bet she would eat lasagna and not care.” She scoffed. Some people were silly. “Honestly, people are weird about their coffee too. Did you know that the amount of people that order a latte without milk isnt just a handful of people?” She asked. It was absurd.
They got to the coffee shop and the barista greeted them to then see Mari. “Oh Mari Belle on her day off yet still finding a way back to work. Just the usual?” She asked Mari nodding before paying for it. She let George handle his order as well, though the barista did put a discount on his stuff too. “I’ll bring your order.” The barista told them with a smile.
Mari found a nice place for them to sit. It was quite nice. People were out for their lunch breaks and the shop was full of life. And yet not overcrowded. Students were studying too with their cups of coffee. “It was so crazy this summer. There was this new fancy iced coffee and everyone went crazy about it.” She said before she sighed. “It’s way nicer now when the students are back in school and people back to work. It also makes them less angrier than when they are on vacation.” She said, finding it a little odd that people were angry when they were supposed to relax.
“She called me Mari Belle because of my middle name. I guess my parents wanted to be fancy and not just name me Mary-Belle as most do.”
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 7:19 am

He chuckled lightheartedly at the notion of the lasagna, but was also interested in hearing her work stories. So as she opened up about the latte ordeal he had to roll his eyes, "I guess customers really do leave their brain at the door, huh?" A genuine smile on his lips before they entered the coffee shop. The way her co-worker greeted her was a little fun, mostly because he got to hear her middle name. They moved over, sitting down at a cozy spot, George taking off his jacket as Mari told the story of a crazy summer. He frowned, "what's so special about iced coffee anyways?" He was rather confused about that. He knew only one way to drink coffee and that was black. Sure, when winter came he could be persuaded to add some hot cocoa to it, but that was about as far as he went with his coffee order.
She explained her name and he hummed nodding. He had gathered as much. "It does sound fancy," he smiled, teasing her a little bit. "I mean at least your name doesn't sound like someone already in a retirement home," referring to his own name. Most people he knew with that name was either old or dead. Or basically anywhere in between that. "I don't hate my name though; at least I wasn't named something obnoxious like Geoffrey," he chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 7:34 am

“I guess it’s the not so bitter coffee taste, mixed with a diabetes worth of sugar.” She chuckled. Sugar addiction was no joke. And if people could tell themselves that they were proper coffee drinkers after an iced coffee then they would be surprised the day they ordered regular coffee.
She felt like she had to explain her name somehow for whatever reason. He spoke of his own name and she looked a little surprised at the fact that he believed it sounded like an old man’s name. “Or Gregory.” She chuckled, shaking her head. “I dont think George sounds old. It sounds proper and maybe also a little handsome. Sure I’d imagine you to be maybe ten years older but you’d be one of those silver-foxed white-collar men.” She said, before she sighed. “It fits you.” Was really her point even if he wasnt the things she had listed before.
They orders arrived and she dug into the cake she had ordered, hoping that it would taste like she remembered. “Do you like to read?” She asked, taking a sip of her caffeine free coffee, though it wouldnt look like it. “I guess I kind of thought you did from the fact that you like science and called yourself a nerd.” She shrugged.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 8:29 am

Wincing at the name Gregory he nodded. Yeah, he was perfectly alright with the name he had. However he wasn't sure how to feel about the person she was describing. "Well then my name will fit me in ten years or so," he scoffed, though there was a playful smile on his lips. Conversation with her was rather easy and not as forced as he had experienced before. Some people were just natural conversationalists he supposed. "But thank you, that's kind of you to say; Though your name is way cooler," he smiled. Their coffee arrived and he thanked the barista before looking at the steaming cup of hot coffee. It would have to cool a bit before he would even think of taking a sip. She continued the conversation and he hummed, though she probably wouldn't like what he said. "Well I mainly read non-fiction .. I never really found reading to be that interesting unless I was learning something along the way," he admitted with a slight shrug.
"But I guess I could try to, if you had some reading recommendations that is?" He was curious to know what she might suggest. Romance perhaps? Or maybe she was more into adventure? It was hard to tell just from her looks for sure. His coffee had at this point cooled down enough to the point where he could at least dip his biscotti into it and eat it without burning his tongue off. The coffee was good, he had to hand that to them, but in the end it was just dirty bean water, wasn't it? That being said he didn't really think he could survive without caffeine, at least not with the lifestyle he was leading. "Have you gotten a chance to use your binoculars yet?" His lips pulling up in a teasing yet charming smile. This was just going to be an inside joke from now on, wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 8:29 pm

"We can switch." she said, tilting her head as she did make herself sound rather serious. Like she genuinely could switch name with him right then and there if he agreed. "What, you dont think I'd be a good George?" she asked with her eyes narrowed before she began chuckling softly.
He admitted to not really read fiction which maybe did make sense, but she might have hoped that he maybe did. But just when she thought that it was the end of that conversation, he surprised her by wanting to try, even asking for recommendations. "Okay, you're in for a ride. I have the perfect book for you. I'll get it for you and drop by." she said with a nod, smiling bright. She ate some more of her cake, having found that it wasnt too bad but it didnt really live up to the normal standards.
The question about the binoculars made her look from one side to another before she leaned in, gesturing for him to come closer. "I actually did. Is that weird? Once, and then I just felt too intrusive. Especially because it was some naked man strolling through his apartment." she admitted, feeling her cheeks heat up in embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 9:31 pm

The suggestion of switching names made him chuckle shaking his head no as she asked if it was because she wouldn't make a good George. "I'm not saying that, in fact I think you would be an excellent George," he smiled, playing along as she seemed to like this lightheartedness. He found it almost refreshing. "I just think I would miss my name too much," he argued, taking a sip of his coffee. Yeah, it was good coffee for sure. You could almost taste the fanciness of it. The conversation regarding books made him hum, encouraging her to do so. He was sorta interested in what she considered a good book. Perhaps it was an old classic? Or maybe something new from an obscure author? Regardless he expressed the fact that he was indeed looking forward to it.
His mouth opened a bit surprised to hear that she had actually used her gift. Okay, he had to hand it to her. She had a lot of guts to do that. He began laughing as she mentioned the guy she had been spying on, shaking his head at her. "Indeed a peeping Tom now!" Although he was laughing, he was keeping it down somewhat. There was no need to attract unwanted attention. "But maybe it's time for a career change," he hummed with a small nod, placing his coffee down on the table, folding his arms as he looked at her with a considering gaze. Snapping his fingers as something popped into his mind he pointed at her. "Gossip girl - you do already know a lot of stuff about the people in our building," he chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2022 10:33 pm

Yeah, peeping Tom was really what she was now. But didnt it also make the joke more fun? She at least thought so when she had picked them up. What had awaited her eyes, she might have wished not to have seen at all. A career change sounded quite nice. But what would that be then? She didnt think anything could change the label she had gotten now. Well at least until he seemed to know, the snap of his fingers drawing her attention to him more intensively. “Gossip girl? Like the series? Xoxo and all that?” She chuckled, shaking her head a little. “I wouldnt say I know enough to be the big gossip guru of the building. But maybe I should.” She pondered, before shrugging. “I dont know if the shoe will fit.” She admitted. Her eyes moved down to her cake. “Do you want to try? It’s quite good.” She asked, mostly because she liked to share. It just fell her in so naturally.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 6:07 am

"Of course like the series," he chuckled, though he couldn't say he had really watched that show. But he did get the gist of it. Her ponder made him frown shaking his head no, "you don't have to know everything, but slowly you could build towards that," he encouraged her. Even if it was a made up scenario, he found it pretty entertaining. She was entertaining to be around. Her admittance made him sigh, reaching for his cup of coffee once more. Taking a few good sips from it he was already halfway. Not that he was in a hurry, he just needed the caffeine. "Well you won't know unless you try," he smiled at her admittance. Sure it was all fun and games right now, but what he was saying right now could apply to a lot of things.
She offered the cake and he looked at her with narrowed eyes. "Are you obsessed with sharing your food with me?" He teased before he chuckled, reaching out to borrow her fork, taking a piece off and putting it between his lips. He hummed, chewing and swallowing before handing the fork back to her. "Yeah, I'm not really a fan of sweets," he had to admit. He liked the biscotti he had ordered and he did like the eventual biscuit, but cake and candy wasn't really him. No he more liked salty treats. "It's not bad though, I just wouldn't be able to finish a piece," he admitted with a warm smile on his lips, "I take it you have a sweet tooth?" He wasn't really judging her, far from it, because it was actually rather cute. At least in a way he couldn't really describe.
Finishing up his biscotti and coffee he leaned back, looking at her with searching eyes. "I'm very curious to meet your boyfriend," he admitted in a slight ponder. "I mean, I haven't seen him yet and I've been living in the building for a few weeks now," he sent her a small smile, leaning over the table. "Is he made up to keep me from asking you out?" He whispered, a charming smile on his lips before he shook his head leaning back once more, "just kidding, though I am bummed out that you're not single." That was a normal sentence, right?  
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 5:55 pm

“I like sharing, my parents raised me well.” She defended herself playfully like she was being accused of something; well if sharing her food would have been a crime. She awaited his judgement of the cake but as he said he wasnt a fan of sweets, she smiled. “That’s perfect. All the sweets I’ll have on my own.” She said, nodding to herself as that definitely wasnt a problem. He assured her that it wasnt bad but she narrowed her eyes like she wondered if he was going back on his words. The question she hummed to. “I really do. And many cavities to prove it.” She grinned, finding herself funny.
She was slowly finishing up the cake as he finished his biscotti and coffee. She wasnt the fastest eater around. She noticed his curious gaze right away and looked at him like she wanted to know what he was thinking. The mention of her boyfriend made her fold her lips, but then she smiled to cover it up a little. It was a bit of a sore topic already; but what could she really do? “Uhhh… he isnt made up, I swear. But he’s very busy with work, usually gone for weeks at a time.” Was the simplest way to explain. Some people did have work like that, but she maybe shouldnt mention that he was home just a few days when he would be here. Gone for weeks, to show up for just days?
“I could use some air.” She admitted, gettung up as her coworker passed to clear some tables. “Hey Mari, before you go? They never said why you were gone? Everything is right with uhm…” she glanced down as to not say too much. Not so subtle after all. Mari sighed. “Yeah, the doctor said it was all fine.” She told her. The coworker hummed before she glanced towards the guy, unsure if she had seen him before or what he was to Mari. “Okay, I’ll see you soon.” The coworker said after a few seconds, returning back behind the counter.
“Come.” Mari nodded, wanting George to come with.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 7:22 pm

Chuckling lightheartedly at the joke about cavities he just shook his head at her. She was fun alright. His jest about her boyfriend seemed to have a more negative reaction, which made him worry that perhaps he had overstepped. She smiled, but it didn't really reach her eyes, though he wasn't sure what to make of it. Of course she had mentioned that they were trying to figure things out, but he worried it wasn't as easy as she had made it sound. He knew it wasn't his business, but he was allowed to worry about a fellow human being, right? "I see, a real career man," he smiled nodding approvingly. He could be gone for most of a day as well, but he felt he had an alright work-life balance set up. Though some people also carried bigger positions than he currently had.
Nodding at the notion of getting some air he got up as well, putting on his jacket as the co-worker approached. Snooping around had never been his business, but he was standing right next to Mari, so it wasn't like he could just ignore it. It would be impolite. He sent the co-worker a smile before they headed out. The exchange had been strange, but he was slowly putting some pieces together. Out on the street he could feel the nicotine craving, but if what he presumed was true then he wouldn't be the dick smoking next to her. But how did you break the ice on this one? "I take it you're pregnant .. or perhaps trying?" He asked. Wow, very subtle, nice job Georgie-boy.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 7:41 pm

It was complicated with Aiastes and frankly while she was still missing him, did she not really know what to say. She felt a little selfish for thinking that what he did wasnt really career based. But on the other hand, no way could she in a sane way explain what was really going on. Outside she felt slight shivers, unsure if it was the cold or simply her emotions.
The rather forward question made her scoff softly, “Oh my god, I’m so sorry.” She seemed to realize that she hadnt brought it up even once. “I am uh… pregnant yeah. Three going four months in a few days.” She admitted before she scratched herself behind her neck. Now either things could get really easy or very complicated. It depended on whether he would ask about her relationship and whether it correlated with the pregnancy. “It has become so normal for me that I just forget to mention it. Is that odd?” She asked. Hopefully he didnt think less of her as a friend now.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 7:56 pm

Frowning as she started to apologize he shook his head no. She didn't have anything to apologize for. He was however surprised to hear she was so far along. He couldn't really see it on her, but perhaps that was because he hadn't really paid attention to her stomach? "No need to apologize," he assured her with a soft chuckle, "am I supposed to congratulate you? You don't really seem excited." Was he being rude on top of it all as well? Oh well, you couldn't really take out the Southern District in him, could you? "Besides, it's your life and I'm not entitled to know everything right off the bat," he reminded her, still acting with his boyish charm. It was clear he wasn't repulsed by her. Frankly he was just the more curious about her, but he decided not to ask more about the boyfriend. Maybe the pregnancy was why they were working things out? Either way he didn't need to know.
"Girl or boy then?" He asked, because surely she would know that if she was that far along. Unless she was one of those people who wanted it to be a surprise. He stuck his hands in his pockets, picking at his fingers in hiding just to try and ignore the nicotine craving. He just knew that as soon as he was back at the apartment he would need a smoke or two.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 8:15 pm

Maybe she didnt have to apologize but she still somehow felt like it. It wasnt just a small thing either way. Which maybe was why it felt so heavy on her shoulders to just think about. The question made her shrug. "I dont know how I'm supposed to feel. It wasnt really planned." she just admitted. It was better to just say things as they were. Though not saying that her now boyfriend actually wasnt the father would clear up a lot, maybe.
The reminder was nice. She chuckled softly. "But eventually you will be?" she asked, not minding the charm. It was refreshing on all the gloom. She was so often met by worries and other people's thoughts on how she should be handling herself once they found out. It was nice that he wasnt treating her like a walking concubine like most others.
"A boy. Very healthy, at least from what the doctor said." she said as they walked, but then she looked down. "... I dont really want to be a mother. Like at all. I'm what... 23? My life has barely started." she said, before she looked at him with a small frown.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 8:29 pm

"I better be," he chuckled. Yeah, he liked her a lot, and if they could have a lasting friendship, then he would be very happy. She was nice and despite what she was going through it seemed that she still found time to be kind to those around her. It was a trait you didn't see often. A boy. He hummed, just letting her know that he was listening to her. However the disclosure about her stance on the whole thing made him nod. "I mean I think that's brave of you to admit to yourself," he said, but perhaps it was because of his upbringing. Maybe he was biased in that way, but he knew plenty of women who shouldn't have been mothers. "My mother had me when she was 17," he admitted, letting her know that he had some experience, but at the other end of the spectrum. "I think she would've benefited from not being a mother at that age .. I mean I turned out alright, but my siblings are all stuck in the foster system and my mother's a raging alcoholic so." He shrugged, "not that you have any of the traits she has; I'm just saying that it's alright to not want kids." Yeah he was not trying to decide anything for her, that was for sure. Whatever she wanted was her choice to make. "You look like the type of person who needs to go out and travel the world, experience more before settling down - if you even want to settle down of course."
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 8:46 pm

“You’re probably the first to really say that.” She scoffed. No Aiastes had been very supportive, but this somehow felt different. Like George was someone who didnt have to agree with her in the slightest. He could tell her freely that he didnt agree, which means that it meant a lot that he was positively reacting to her own thoughts.
He spoke of his own mother and she frowned lightly. That didnt seem very good. Her own mother had been fairly old so she couldnt relate. “That does sound like she would have benefited from a proper choice.” She said, though she wouldnt speak badly of someone’s mother. He spoke of the type he imagined her to be and she chuckled and shook her head. “I’m very simple. I like long walks on the beach and relaxing by the sea.” She admitted before she grinned softly. “I just need someone who can channel some kind of inner child and build a sandcastle with me.” She chuckled. Was that silly to admit? It felt like it.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 8:53 pm

She said she was simple and the mention of beaches made him smile enthusiastically, "well you are looking at the best sandcastle builder in all of Churchill," he smiled. It was a bold thing to claim, but he did have a lot of experience with it. He really loved the beach, not that he went there often, but he liked the sand and the water. Most of all the activities. "I usually go multiple times a summer with my siblings; they go ballistic with sandcastle building, so I know how to make a lot of stuff." It felt good just to say it. And the fact that they could still keep the conversation going despite the half awkward scenario with her pregnancy spoke volume as to how well they connected.
"Do you have a specific beach you like more than others?" There were quite a few in Churchill alone. He knew there were even some private beaches as well, not that he had ever seen them before. But alas he wasn't quite sure where he could place her in regards to her social standing. He presumed upper-middleclass, but then again it wasn't for him to speculate. Instead he just kept walking at a nice pace that fit both of them. "And what about the beach is it you like the most?"
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 9:14 pm

“Am I actually?” She needed the confirmation. A very odd coincidence that would pan out to her favour. She had to admit that it made her like him even more. He explained the reason behind his skill and she really liked hearing it. It sounded like he was a good brother to his siblings. She could respect it as an only child.
He asked her about beaches and she shrugged. “It has to be a sand beach.” Was her only want. She didnt really mind anything else. “Murk water, clear water, I dont care.” She shrugged. “When I was a kid, I was running around the harbor all the time. I fished for crabs and had them in buckets that I’d empty when I left.” She chuckled. “The water is my favorite part of beaches. How wild it is. How untamed and beautiful and destructive it is.” She remarked. They reached the apartment complex but she felt unsure whether she wanted it to end now. “Well, I guess that was coffee.” She sighed, crossing her arms a little.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 10:52 pm

He confirmed that he was indeed, and listing his experience he hoped she would believe him. She went on to describe the fact that it needed to be a sandy beach. He could understand that. He found that most pleasant as well, seeing as rocky beaches were not that easy to be on. It was possible, but he didn't quite enjoy it as much. If he could decide he wanted the water clear, but that more so stemmed from the fact that he always had had to watch his siblings and make sure they wouldn't get hurt or move out too far. But then again, a lot of the stuff he preferred stemmed from something similar, so he didn't even second guess it. The mention of crab hunting made him chuckle, nodding as he knew what she meant. Some of his siblings liked that as well, though he found crabs a bit strange looking but not scary.
"Well water is mutable," he said with a slight shrug, "it's one of those things that you can't always predict .. math can fall short against something so simple." There was something beautiful about that. That even if you could make up predictions in math, it could always turn out completely different than estimated. They kept walking until they reached the apartment complex. He looked up the side of the building humming at her statement. "Well I really need a smoke .. afterwards if you're up for it we could watch a movie or play a game or something?" It was clear he wasn't really ready to end this day together just yet. He dug out his packet of cigarettes, hitting the bottom of it to make one pop out. Placing it between his lips he lit it, inhaling and finally feeling that rush of nicotine his body had been craving. If she had stayed with him he would just make a bit of distance between them. Even if she wasn't going to keep the child, there was no reason to risk its health nor hers.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 7:59 pm

“Mutable? That’s a word I’ll have to look up.” She scoffed. He was a bit of a nerd when he wanted to show off, wasnt he? She kind of liked it. There was nothing wrong in flaunting the knowledge you had. But they reached their apartment building and she felt the nerves slowly build up. Would she just go back to an empty apartment? It seemed a little…. Unappealing? Or a lot. She actually didnt really want to be alone if she had a choice. Which was why his suggestion made her light up. “You are full of great ideas. I’m up for it.” She grinned. She didnt mind that he smoked. Sure, she didnt want him to blow it up in her face, but she could stand next to him. She asked a bit more about his siblings, mostly wanting to know of the good things like if he had any stories with them that he wanted to tell. But of course he wasnt forced to tell her anything at all. “I just sort of wish that my parents had maybe had a kid before me. A sister or a brother would have been nice. They did try for a younger sibling but it ended in miscarriage after miscarriage.” She explained before she frowned a little. “My father was quite strongly against me terminating the pregnancy.. because of their losses.”
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 8:50 pm

"I did mention I was intelligent, right?" He teased in regards to him having great ideas. He did however appreciate that she stayed with him, though he did take care not to blow any smoke her way. As she asked about his siblings he did tell a few stories from when he had still been living at home - before all the kids had basically been scattered with the wind. He disclosed that they were nine siblings in total, but naming them all wouldn't really be of benefit to her, would it? At least not when it was such an amount. He told a story about one time when an ice cream truck came to their run down neighborhood one summer. How all the kids basically made the ice cream man barricade himself inside the truck, only getting out once he had no more ice cream left. But as he drove off he was missing a license plate, a side mirror and probably a few parts from under the car. Chuckling softly he shook his head as that had been quite the summer filled with heat. But perhaps summer was always just so much warmer when you were a kid and out playing all day.
She mentioned having wished for siblings making him hum and nod. Of course there were times when he wished he was an only child - at least when they were nine kids and had one bathroom - but after having grown up and moved out he appreciated every moment he got with them. As she delved into the story of her parents trying he nodded, snuffing out the bud of his cigarette against the wall, throwing it in a nearby outdoor ashtray before lighting up a new one. "I mean people have their reasons for different values .. and yet this is your body, your choice, right?" He had been lucky to never have gotten a girl pregnant, though there had been multiple slip ups and fears about it. "I mean sure, I'd like to have kids some day, but I think I would try and adopt .. or be a foster?" He shrugged. Maybe that was because of where and how he had been raised. "Of course to do that I have to have a stable income and a good credit in the bank," he noted, inhaling slowly from his cigarette only to exhale not too long after. "I still think you're badass though," he sent her a charming smile, but it was clear he meant it.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 9:47 pm

“Not a lot would agree with you on that.” She argued. No, George seemed almost too good to be true. Like a figment of someone that she wanted or needed. Kind of like Aiastes had been, and yet so different. Maybe she was lucky. Or just that deranged. His stories he told with passion, and she could tell how all of his siblings meant the world to him. It wasnt often you saw that. The unconditional love.
“I did want to adopt when the time was right. I have always been a firm believer in taking in someone who needs love rather than creating them myself, I guess.” She shrugged. Many had thought she was weird. And frankly, she had never imagined herself pregnant. Not as a reality. “But now I might take my own plans and flip them around completely like some asshole.” She scoffed. Wanting to adopt, only to give her own child away? The irony was too strong.
The charming remark made her slap his arm softly. “You dont mean that! I’m not someone who’s badass.” She argued, grinning softly. His smile surely was charming. She looked down, her grin lingering in a smile, shaking her head at him. She refused. “I graduated from St. Jules on a scholarship but I never used my education to get anywhere. Now I’m slowly blowing up like a balloon day by day and might just pop some day. I wouldnt call that badass-material.” - “Maybe ass-bad more than anything. Have you seen how bodies look post pregnancy?”
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 9:58 pm

He shrugged, "is there something wrong in making a choice that won't only benefit you but your unborn as well?" It was a valid question. Even if she felt it was backwards, life sometimes threw you a curveball or two, and he at least thought that whatever she decided to do shouldn't make her worry about the future. She was still young. Having kids at her age could be scary as hell, and he had all the respect in the world for her as she was going through this seemingly mostly alone. "And you're not an asshole," he wanted to clarify.
He chuckled as she slapped his arm, but frowned as he said that he didn't mean it. "Last time I checked you don't get to decide what I think of you," he said, probably earning himself another slap but it would be worth it. He truly thought she was like some sort of super human. But maybe he just had a lot of respect for what a person with a uterus was capable of doing. She clearly had a lot of things she used to tear herself down with but he just shook his head at her. "Education is just learning things that aren't applicable in real life," he just said with a shrug. Sure, he was intelligent, but he was also street smart. A rare combination. But then she asked about a post-partum body and what it looked like. "Can I be honest with you?" He asked, because if she didn't want to hear it he could just keep it to himself. But if she did he would disclose what he was thinking. "It might sound weird but I find those types of bodies beautiful .. like yeah, you might need some time to get used to it, but you can spring back from it .. and even if you don't you are still going to be as badass as before, and just as attractive." That was his honest opinion. Of course she could try and discredit him, but it didn't change how he felt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next