Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
Aiastes

Aiastes

Full name : Aiastes

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 6:21 pm

"Well it is quite simple as all I have to do is make some arrangements with my sibling," he said rather politely, seemingly warming up a bit to answering her many questions. However it surprised him a little that she seemed to need confirmation that he had made all of it. He responded only positively with a few nods, just confirming that he had indeed created this realm from the ground up. Her follow up question could've made him chuckle had he been one for chuckling, but instead he just looked at her with his silvery eyes. "I did," he confessed verbally this time, "this realm is as much a part of me as I am of it .. and my creations here are an extension of me and my powers." He walked closer to her, taking her hand as he nodded for her do bend down to the earth with him, letting her feel how it seemed to buzz with life. "Everything here is because of my will," and as she removed her hand a small flower would grow there, "so I ask you once more; what would you like to see?"
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

Full name : Mari Belle Godfrey

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 7:10 pm

"That's peculiar." she said, looking at him with a unsure look. But from his polite and open answers, did she not see a reason to doubt him; Yet. She was open to the idea but she was maybe a little reluctant to just blindly trust a stranger. He didnt seem so strange though, did he? He nodded at her question, but she needed to hear him say it. The confession made her scoff softly. He spoke of the realm and came closer. She was still processing it all and as he took her hand, she followed. She felt the ground, finding it so odd to touch. "It's impressive." she said in a lowered tone, noticing the flower that appeared as he removed her hand. She was by all means impressed. Her smile at him as she looked up was rather genuine, thankful. What she wanted to see? That was a broad question. She folded her lips thoughtfully, giving it a moment to brew. But she couldnt just settle on one thing. "I want to see what other people dream." she replied. Though there would be no such thing happening for her as she was shortly after woken by her mother gently shaking her back to the real world. She had gotten a bit of sleep, but as her mother said, it wasnt good to not keep a loose schedule. She rubbed her eyes and sighed, feeling a bit better already as she was waking up. "... I was having a really nice dream." she muttered, not that her mother seemed to pay a mind to it. Her mother found her some new clothes that she put on the bed next to her, before letting her know that she would be waiting for her in the kitchen with breakfast. As soon as her mother left, she looked down at the duvet, touching it softly. Had she just imagined him? She couldnt seem to settle on a decision.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 8:00 pm

While Aiastes rarely if ever smiled, it was clear from his eyes that he was thankful for her comment about his skills. He was ready to show her all of his realm if that would make her just a little bit happy, but he also had a feeling that her dream was about to end. It was like a gut feeling. "And that you shall see," he said gently as she disappeared, leaving him alone in the oasis, "another time." That was the curse of being the Lord of Dreams; he could have anyone he wished enter it, but they all eventually left.

Down in the kitchen her father was cooking up the last pieces for the breakfast to be complete. He was a stern man, mid fifties and with graying hair that made his head looking like salt and pepper mixed in a darkened bowl. He moved the eggs over into a hot tray, placing it on the table before his wife joined him. He gave her a dry, almost expected, kiss against her temple, gesturing for her to sit down. When Mari finally came down he would just nod for her to sit. "It's not good for your depression to sleep in like that," he could've perhaps been more gentle about it, but his generation was a little less understanding and perhaps less forgiving of mental issues. He shook his head, muttering something under his breath. He hadn't said it out loud, but he wasn't a fan of her being pregnant, even less that she hadn't reacted sooner. "No luck on finding the father?"
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 8:17 pm

She had wanted to drift right back into sleep but the last thing she wanted was to be dragged out of bed by her mother as a grown woman. She dressed in the clothes, looking in the mirror, frowning a little. Her mother had a peculiar style that wasnt really leading to anything else than durable. Mari wasnt too bothered with her own style but she would say she was selective of what she wore.
She went to the kitchen, seeing her mother sit down with her coffee and a newspaper. It was odd to see people still read the paper in this time of age. "I wasnt trying to sleep in. I was just finally getting decent sleep." she said which made her mother smile. "That's good news. Let's hope it continues." she said, before her father's question made Mari frown. "I havent... exactly looked." she just said with a small furrow of her brows. She looked down and shrugged. "If I'm not keeping it anyway, then why would he matter?"
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 8:25 pm

It was clear the father wasn't too impressed, placing a piece of toast on his plate, smearing jam on it. Eating it with his morning coffee - two sugars, no cream - he listened to his daughter's excuses. Because that was what they were. Excuses of her laziness. He sighed, shaking his head no, "you are not even sure if you want to keep our grandchild, and yet you feel like you don't have to inform the father of what has transpired?" That seemed very bad indeed. And her father didn't approve - but he had already made that clear a handful of times. "I think you should contact that poor man, tell him of his responsibilities in this and ask of his opinion." And that was that. He had stated what he thought was best. Had he been in this young man's shoes he would've wanted to know. And he would've wanted to have a say as well, but apparently that was too much of a right for men to have these days.
After finishing up breakfast, he went and grabbed his coat, giving his wife a quick peck on the lips, stating he was off to work. He sent Mari a warning gaze, as if to indirectly state that she would have to find this supposed father and inform him before he got home from work.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 8:45 pm

"I'm in no way suited for a babbling baby." she argued, looking at her father, not really caring that he was disproving of it. She was kind of beyond the need for acceptance. "Let me remind you that the poor man you're talking about could have just done like everyone else who hook up at a bar and worn a condom. It's really not my problem that he made that decision. I'm the one who has to live with it?" she argued, feeling her hunger go away as she found the conversation distasteful. Her mother just hushed it down from the both of them before it could escalate. Mari managed to eat a bit of food, mostly from her mother's insistence that it was good for the baby, and if she didnt, the stomach pains would be endless and excruciating. Very comforting. She ignored her father's warning gaze, lifting her coffee to take a light sip. "You should go for a walk. Clear your head, get the blood flowing." her mother told her. She really didnt feel like doing that when she was feeling this way. But she promised to try. And eventually she did get up and go for a walk. Just wherever that was closest and easiest to get to; Mostly because she wanted to get home as fast as she could... so she could go back to staring at the ceiling?
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 8:54 pm

As she was out for her walk a raven was keeping a watchful eye on her. It was blending in with the surroundings of course, sitting in a tree overlooking the road she was walking. Tilting its head it just studied the human, not grasping why its master was obsessed with her. She wasn't special. Frankly the raven couldn't truly understand, but it did as it was ordered to. What other choices did it truly have?
The weather was slowly turning from summer to autumn and while the leaves hadn't started to change just yet, it was like there was a scent in the air. The wind attributing to that, rustling up in everything. A few people were out on a walk as well that day, a couple who were just having a rest on a blanket in the part; an elderly man who was walking his just as elderly dog; and of course the rogue teens who had skipped class and were up to no good as they should at that age. All in all, looking from an outside perspective, things were starting to get normal again after the scare with the portals earlier this year. Strange how normality could return so fast, but here they were.
"Mari Godfrey?" A young woman about her age said surprised, coming up to her with a bright smile, pulling her in for a hug. They had attended the same high school, even been in a few classes together. "Oh my gods, it has been ages! How have you been?" She smiled, her tan visible as she had clearly been travelling the world it seemed.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 9:19 pm

It was a bit of a nice day, it was just a shame that she couldnt see it. She found the sun too bright and the wind a little cold. She had her jacket on just to cover up; not that she had grown beyond bloated in the days that had passed but she felt like every day she was showing more. She didnt know what to feel about it. Well, she felt sad because of her father’s openly dislike. Like he had some sort of say in it anyway.
She was in her own thoughts and barely noticed the friend from school before her name was called. She turned her head and frowned lightly. “Oh, hey it’s Harper Bradley.” She sort of reminded herself out loud as a greeting, almost forgetting to hug the other woman. Was it odd that she wasnt really looking forward to meeting old friends now of all times? She had always been happy and smiling. “I have been well. Uh… working and just sort of doing my own thing?” She replied, thinking to herself oh gods we’re really doing this in the middle of the park. “You look really good.” She said genuinely; “Have you been travelling?”
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 9:30 pm

Harper smiled brightly, a ray of sunshine as ever, "well that's good; I hope you're not over working yourself, you were always an overachiever," she giggled sweetly, but there had always been that slight undertone of I am better than you-vibe. The question made her smile brightly as she nodded, "as it just so happens we've just returned from our honeymoon in Korinthia; have you been? Oh it's so lovely and the culture there is so rich!" - "Oh, lovie! Come meet my friend!" She yelled at a guy over by one of the statues. The guy was of average height, decent features but nothing really standing out about him besides the fact that he was clearly dressed well and wore an expensive watch. Darling, this is Mari, we went to high school together; oh and Mari this is my husband doctor Howard Camden," clearly bragging about her husbands occupation. Howard just nodded politely, not really a man of many words. "So I am Harper Camden now," she giggled, showing off her incredibly large and almost tacky engagement ring and wedding ring as well. "So sorry dearie, but we gotta run - we're heading over to the in laws to discuss our new design for the house we're having built," she said, pulling her husband with her, "tootles!"
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 9:50 pm

The sweet giggle made her a little nauseous. She had been nice to Harper out of necessity but the last thing she wanted now was to have it rubbed in her face that she was stuck. Harper could really run her mouth like a waterfall. Mari had to concentrate on really just hearing everything she said. “No I havent been.” She admitted as Harper called her man over. How perfect that someone from her class had found someone to be with; even if he seemed to only be rather rich. “Hello husband of Haroer.” Mari nodded, before Harper corrected her last name. The ring was almost showed in the human’s face before Harper made their plans clear. Mari was still getting over the fact that she was married, but now they were building a home as well? And what then, fill it with children that they’d love? She felt her stomach twist and staggered over to a public trashcan before she threw up. She told herself that it was the pregnancy and not from the fact that Harper’s life was so disgustingly perfect that Mari felt like shit. Though the latter fit way better. She sat down on a nearby bench, exhaling deeply. What was she doing with her life? She was getting nowhere, unable to work and every day, a living being was growing, taking up residence in her stomach. “… you’re not even paying rent.” She muttered to her stomach. Frustrated and annoyed she got up to venture back home.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 10:00 pm

A few walking by was a little disgusted by seeing the young woman throw up, but most of them also thought she might've been drunk from the way she had been staggering. Better keep out of her business they thought as they passed by. The raven landed on a branch close by, taking pity on the human as she seemed to be ignored by those around her. It cawed softly, but not truly loud enough for her to be able to hear it, especially as the wind blew most of the sound away. It followed her home as well, though not a single sound to be heard from it.
Back home her mother would be sitting in the living room with a handsome man, his tall frame and deep voice would be recognizable to Mari. "That is very kind of you, Mrs. Godfrey," he spoke, sipping on a cup of tea. He was wearing relatively normal clothes, a fitted turtleneck with some nice trousers and yet his hair was still wild and black. His face stoic as well, though it was clear he was trying to emote more, his silvery eyes however showing it all.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 10:15 pm

She actually preferred to be ignored right now. Then she at least could sit in her self pity and be miserable in peace. When she went home, she was just thinking about getting back in bed. Getting a snack since her breakfast was now in the trash, in all senses, she needed food. She got home to her a familiar voice. Mari’s mother turned her head to the door. “That should be Mari.” She said, taking a sip of her tea. The human however just got out of her jacket before she went to get some food. She however caught the smell of fridge or rather food in the fridge and it threw her off. She felt the nausea build up. “Mari, are you not going to come and say hello?” Her mother asked. She turned her head to the stranger. “I’m sorry. She’s going through some things and then there’s also the baby.” She whispered the last word like it was some secret. “Please stop telling everyone, mom.” Mari groaned before she went in to them. But seeing him there of all made her widen her eyes a little before she just turned and went back to the kitchen. Her mother was so confused. “Mari!” She called because of her daughter’s rude behaviour looking at the stranger with an apologetic look.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 2:54 pm

He watched her with calm eyes, and had sorta expected her to run off. However the discourse between the mother and daughter was strange to say the least. He got up from his seat, giving the mother a reassuring nod. It seemed as though her mother trusted him blindly which made everything rather easy. Knocking on the panel in the archway to the kitchen he kept his gaze at her, "I didn't mean to startle you," he said rather politely, his voice deep and had almost a warmness to it. "Do you wish for me to leave?" He asked, being genuine and actually trying not to be cryptic for once. "I can go away forever if you wish it - say the word and send me away," he gestured with his hand almost elegantly. His hands were big, looking rough but not as rough to touch as they appeared.
The choice however was her choice. A raven peaked in from the kitchen window, looking at its master though it was clear it wasn't meant to be there as Aiastes pulled an almost annoyed expression. Almost being a slight furrow of his brow, his eyes stern as he looked at the bird. It cawed at him, and he gave it another look before it flew off. He sighed, "I deeply apologize," he said turning to leave if she hadn't said anything at all.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 6:08 pm

A respectable man who was pleasing to the eye was the least of Mrs. Godfrey's concerns. If anything, if he could sway Mari in any way then she would be happy. At least because it would put an end to the feud between Mari and her father rather quickly. So he was free to go check on Mari. The human stood by the sink, drinking some water, cleaning her mouth before spitting it out in the sink. She did wonder if it was all for nothing when she still felt the nausea. She needed food because her stomach was hurting but the smell of fridge was a bit too much. She heard his calming voice in the doorway, turning to look at him like she wasnt sure that she was crazy or simply exhausted. His question made her look away for a bit, though she felt it would be desperate to say no. Especially after meeting Mrs. Living her best life-Harper of all people. He did have an elegance to his every movement but she wasnt exactly looking at him as she thought about her choice.
The raven made her turn her head as it wasnt often animals directly sat in the window like that. It cawed and left before he apologized. "You can stay. I uh... I just need to eat something and not feel so horrible." she said, moving over to the fridge before she pulled out a few things, holding her breath a little so she didnt have to smell it. "Do you know my mother?" she asked, because she couldnt really deduct why he was here? Was it just coincidence? It would explain why he had been in the room she had been sleeping in and yet not really. The dreams, she tried not to think of too much.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 9:22 pm

Aiastes had expected her to send him away, and yet she didn't. Nodding he thanked her silently, moving further into the kitchen. It was strange. All of his years of existence, and he still found it fascinating how they had evolved so fast. Seemed like yesterday that the living beings on this planet could barely talk. But here he was, and with a human no less. The question made him hum, looking around before his eyes fell on what she was doing, "I suppose I know a lot of people," he just said, being cryptic once more. It wasn't really clear from the way he talked whether he did it on purpose or if it was genuinely just how he spoke. "I know of her; I do not know her much deeper than that." Of course he was aware of her when she entered his world, but not so much how she was in the waking one.
"Are you frightened of me?" He then asked, his silvery eyes studying her closely, almost as if he was memorizing her movements. "I won't be upset if you reply in a positive fashion," he moved over to stand by the window, looking out into the small garden. The trees threatening to start shifting colors as summer was retreating to make way for autumn. It was a rather beautiful thing. Change. He looked back to her. She was going through change as well. "May I make you some tea?" He then asked, perhaps a bit strange, but he wondered.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 9:33 pm

He knew a lot of people? Because of the dreams? She felt stupid for that thought and especially with Harper still in mind. He however answered her question and that just made her lift her brows a little. “Uh huh. So you dont know my mother.. and most probably not my father…?” She thought out loud before she looked at him with uncertain eyes. His question however made her shake her head, no doubt about her answer. He assured her that it would be fine if she was but it didnt make her change her mind. “I’m just trying to understand. Because I dont.” She said with a shrug. She wouldnt lie to him. It seemed so uncanny that she had met him in her dreams, had him show up while she was hiding away, and now this? He asked to make her tea. She looked surprised but then she seemingly gave up. Hell if it was all just an illusion then her father surely would wake her up sooner or later with a mean remark. “If you want to?” She just flipped it around. Tea seemed a little repulsive to her now with her nausea.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 4:43 pm

He hummed nodding to at least give a visible reaction to her question. He knew of her father, but he wasn't a mind reader or really well known in dynamics. He knew names, he knew their dreams. More than that wouldn't really be his territory anymore, and would befall one of his siblings instead. She wasn't afraid of him, but trying to understand him and what was going on. At least that he had gathered so far, but he wondered if she was holding back. In the dream she had seemed more curious, more willing to just speak freely. But he presumed that there was a stark change between the waking and the dreaming world.
He was granted permission to make her tea in a rather roundabout way, and yet he nodded politely, moving over to put the kettle on. He had seen how her mother had done it - not that he knew much of this technology. But it seemed much more efficient than boiling the water in a pot. Perhaps he looked odd, looking through the cabinets until he found what he was looking for, firstly the tea, he picked out one with ginger in it. Then he found some honey and some milk as well. Preparing it he probably looked out of place, but he moved rather calmly. He put in the milk first, putting in the teabag, letting the tea disperse into the milk. Then as the water boiled he poured just a little water in, just to warm up the milk slightly and then he put in the honey before filling the rest with water. Cleaning up after himself he put everything back where he took it, letting the tea steep for a few minutes before removing the teabag. At this point the water had cooled down enough to make it consumable.
He would move over to the kitchen table, putting the tea down in front of her if she was already seated there trying to eat. "Drink it," his voice deep, perhaps a slight demand, but his eyes were kind. He just nodded towards the mug, knowing that she might be skeptical. "Don't you trust me?"
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 6:23 pm

She was holding back, but wasnt it fair when she wasnt really sure what to think of him? Was he real? Was he someone she made up? How did he find her? How did he get in her dreams? All the questions that just flooded her mind, so much that she didnt even know which ones she already had an answer for. So she watched him make the tea, frowning a little as he soaked the tea bag in cold milk. She wasnt sure she had seen that before. She halted in her movements before she continued, having put over some pasta in boiling water. Cravings were odd. She didnt want to even think about them. But she would have her pasta with mayo and have no questions asked about it as well. The pasta had to be warm too. Cold pasta wouldnt do. And if it was overcooked, then even better. She had to wait for the pasta to be done, sitting by a small table with an egg timer ticking slowly.
He came over with the tea and she looked at it for a bit before looking up at him. “I havent seen anyone make tea like that. I’m sorry if I wont like it.” She just had to be honest. She picked up the cup and realized that it was warm and not cold. She took a sip, tasted the milk and honey with the note of ginger. She looked ahead, trying to figure out if she liked it or not. But another sip probably was a confession that she did. “Okay… I’m impressed.” She admitted, putting the cup down, looking up at him. “It’s good.” She nodded. It was actually quite easy on her stomach. How did he know?
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 6:36 pm

He looked rather indifferent as she spoke honestly to him. He supposed not many people made tea like he did, but maybe they would've if they knew how to. And to be fair he had had quite the time to get it right. Though he hadn't made that sorta tea in many years. Another thing was her worry for not liking it. Well he hoped it at least would be pleasant for her. However in the end she seemed to accept that it was at least decent - two sips had to count for something. "It is fairly easy to make," he just said, his lips almost smiling and yet he looked almost strained to do so, as if his face hadn't ever learnt how to use its muscles to emote with. His silvery eyes watched her as she drank the tea. The ginger would soothe her stomach and the milk and honey would make her body relax. He had seen it work many times. "You must have a lot of questions," a statement that was perhaps pretty obvious, but he wouldn't disregard it either. Gesturing gently with his hand in a way as to signal that she could ask away and that he would answer truthfully.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 6:49 pm

“I guess you’ll have to show me.” She said, her eyes lighting up a little at the statement. She did notice how his smiles didnt seem to be natural and she didnt really mind. It was better than a perfect fake one. She could at least notice the effort he was putting in, rather than having to guess if he was just faking it. The tea did work as intended, taking the top of her nausea with ease. At least she wasnt sitting restless, wondering when she would have to run to the toilet any longer. His statement was true. She hummed and nodded. “I dont know where to begin.” She admitted, reaching over to touch the handle. “How did you find me?” She asked. She had realized now that they had first met in her dream. Unless he had seen her before that. Maybe at the shop she worked at? Had she served him coffee without knowing? Regardless, she wouldnt say that it would have been comforting. The next question was maybe a bit more complex. But she would say that deep-rooted insecurity forced it out, but only in her thoughts; why me? She was just a simple girl. Nothing really noteworthy last time she checked. “Your name?”
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 7:03 pm

"It is alright; you can take your time," he assured her calmly. He was rather relaxed, although he perhaps didn't look like it sitting with his back straight and his hands folded in his lap. Her first question was simple, however saying on accident was perhaps a bit too crude. He thought about it for a little bit before he told her the truth, as he had suggested would be the notion of this conversation. "I passed by many dreams before I entered yours," he said in an almost soft tone, just letting her know that it had been unplanned, "and yet there was something different about you that I was intrigued to talk to you." He was being very forward it seemed, or perhaps it was mostly because of how things worked within his realm.
The next question was actually more complicated that it appeared. He had had many names and titles throughout his existence. However a name he had chosen and went by as of late would be; "Aiastes," he just said, "but you may call me whatever you'd like." Which was quite a gesture from a sovereign to give to what could be perceived as a commoner. She had introduced herself as Mari - or maybe that was too much to really call it, as she had just mentioned her name and what it meant. His silvery eyes studied her before the egg timer went off. The pasta was done and he got up without even being asked, checking if the pasta was to her liking before draining the water and placing it on a plate for her. Whatever she picked to put on - in her case mayonnaise - would seem odd to him. But then again eating habits were different for him. He did eat, but he wasn't sure how he would describe the food. Almost like this but different somehow.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 7:13 pm

His answers were with a soft tone, one that she noticed rather quick. Was he doing it on purpose? She couldnt quite figure it out. If he was trying to sway her, it was definitely working. She wasnt sure she had ever heard someone call her different in a way she liked. But hearing it from him was quite nice. Maybe because he had seemed so caring, even if his exterior seemed void of emotion. His movements and other responses made up for it. He introduced himself and the name made her nod a little. She would have to practice the pronounciation but she would get it right before the next day; because she surely would practice once he was gone. Maybe before she slept?
The egg timer went off and startled her a little. She had been rather attentive on his answers and the thoughts they sparked, rather than the ticking noise bomb next to her. He got up and handled it for her. Her eyes softened up a little. She was too easy to read, most probably. Appreciative by all means. He made her pasta and she thanked him, a little shyly before she began eating. It would soothe her stomach ache once and for all. “Thank you for what you did to cheer me up. I felt better when I was woken up today than in a while.” She admitted, before she sighed. “But if you can just see me in my dreams, why did you come here today?” was probably what she couldnt quite figure out.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 7:32 pm

Simply nodding in regards to her thanks he made sure to just keep the same calming and soft tone. He knew anger of course, but this was different. Letting her eat he just sat quite relaxed, his posture not changing much as his eyes moved carefully around the kitchen. It was quite nice, well at least from the point of view that he hadn't seen many kitchens like these in the waking world. This world he visited every now and again. Perhaps because he found himself getting inspired. The question about him showing up today made him nod a little as he thought about it. "I suppose you had visited my domain, and it was time I visited yours," that and the fact that he was growing tired of Lucienne's boring reports. That bird was both a blessing and a curse sometimes. "If reality can become dreams then surely dreams can become reality," he said almost cryptically, but maybe it was more of a note to himself than an addition to his answer.
The front door opened, the husky voice of Mari's father was heard, moving through the house quickly. He got out of his coat and shoes, complaining about an incident at work and one of his co-workers. Walking into the kitchen he was almost startled by the dark haired pale man sitting across from his daughter. "And who might you be?" He asked looking from the stranger to his daughter with an expression that clearly demanded an answer. Aiastes got up, quickly towering over the father but he remained calm and polite. "I am the father of the child which is currently growing within Mari," he had almost a deadpan expression on his face and the father opened his mouth in frustration. "So you are the one who have put my daughter in distraught!" He started huffing himself up, his face going red as a tomato, but for some reason his temper seemed to died down, looking almost scared at Aiastes. "I've come to offer that I take her in, give her a place of comfort, as this seems to only provide her with stress." He looked from the father to Mari, his eyes dead serious about this, "she has yet to give an answer, and while I made mistakes, I am here to sort out what I have done." Of course it was a complete lie. Aiastes had never even seen her naked! But he could take this burden easily. What was the father going to do? Report the king of dreams? He thought not.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 8:32 pm

Was he even aware of how charming he was when he spoke? She wasnt even sure. Maybe he was just naturally charismatic and barely thought before he spoke. Or maybe she was just naive to think that his words had more meaning to them. The remark about reality and dreams made her a little confused but she was busy chewing so she used that as an excuse to ponder over what he meant by that. Though not for long as her father soon returned home and she looked down as she heard him move around. Mari’s mother would have warned her husband but also completely forgot to. Mari just poked her pasta around, considering how to break to her father that this was some guy she had just recently met. She thought about how to word it so she wouldnt end up being embarrassed but as her father came in and demanded to know who Aiastes was, she felt at a loss for words. Not that it mattered as the tall man stood up and said something that even surprised Mari. She looked at him, in complete disbelief. Her mother heard as well, joining them in the kitchen as she looked so estatic. “Oh gods… have you been keeping him secret from us all this time?” She asked her daughter who could barely keep her mouth closed, looking from her father to Aiastes and then her mother.
The offer made Mari’s mom tear up, lifting her hands to her face. “You are heaven sent, arent you?” She asked all emotional before she looked to Mari. It was clear that she wasnt even giving her daughter a choice. Mari finally closed her mouth, swallowing a lump before she looked at Aiastes. “I uhm…” she said, zoning out a little as the memory of Harper came back to her. “Yes. Yes, I would like that.” just because I cant stand to be alone anymore.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 8:45 pm

The father was completely stunned. The usual talkative and husky man now silenced as he looked at his daughter confused and then to the man here. He didn't look bad, it was just a surprise to see that she had actually done as he had asked of her this morning. Aiastes turned to look at her, managing to force forth a minor smile. He was getting better. And he wasn't going to let this place ruin her any longer. "Then it's settled," he said, walking over he leaned down, kissing her forehead rather gently. His lips soft and perhaps a little cold against her forehead, but he was genuine in this. "I will go pack your things then .. finish your tea and your meal," he spoke to her in a gentle tone. Leaning away he looked at her, his silvery eyes calm in nature, but his face stoic as always. Without saying much he went up ahead and packed her belongings. It was fairly easy, and her mother even came to help to make sure he got everything.
When all was done, he moved the bag downstairs, walking to Mari. He moved elegantly, almost as if he was a prince in a fairytale - at least it could almost seem that way. The father was still stunned, and Aiastes helped her into her jacket before offering his arm to her. He easily carried the bag as they walked outside, bidding Mari's parents goodbye. It was perhaps a bit of a cold farewell, but he couldn't seem to care much for the parents. "I would apologize for my behavior, but I felt it was needed," he said in a calm tone, looking ahead as they walked. He tried to slow his speed for her to be able to not push herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next