Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
Mari

Mari

Full name : Mari Belle Godfrey

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 9:06 pm

It was settled. And she didnt know why? Why was he so insistent on helping her? His lips on her forehead felt good, even if she preferred warmth more than anything. Was she that touch deprived? Or just deprived from any genuine care? Most probably. Her parents hadnt looked at her the same when she announced the pregnancy, not knowing who the father was. Even as Aiastes went, did Mari’s mother opt to follow before she turned to look at Mari with a stern eye. “You better not mess this up Mari. You dont dream forth good men. Best to keep him happy.” She reminded her before she left to go help with the packing. It was just a bit of clothes, nothing else.
When it was done and Mari had eaten, she looked a little downspirited. Mostly from her mother’s words before she went. He couldnt know that. He offered his arm once her jacket was on and she grabbed on, leaning a little onto it for comfort. She needed it. After the farewell did she look a little sad, mostly because her mother gave her eyes that was like she heard the reminder all over again in her head like her mother had ordered her to think it; which she might have been able to. His apology made her look at him, shaking her head. “No, you really helped me out in there. And I dont expect you to… do anything else further. They’d want you to show up to family gatherings and tea just to be sure that I’m not tricking them.” She explained, not looking at him, either ahead or down. “I’m sort of the disappointment as of late.” it didnt matter that she had a stable life and was growing in her own way. They were kind of defining her for her one mistake until it was gone.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

Full name : Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 9:24 pm

As they walked he just let her hold onto his arm if she wanted to. The talk about tricking them made him frown, "I suppose I'll have to be introduced to your whole family then," he pondered, though he seemed very unbothered by it. As she mentioned being a disappointment he looked to her, his silvery eyes puzzled as he was trying to figure out how he was supposed to understand that. "You have been nothing but a positive surprise for me," he stated rather genuinely and truthfully. They walked down the street, turning a few corners before they ended up at an apartment building. Was it odd that he had a place to be? Maybe, but he did have a fair few things in Churchill he had to keep his eyes on. And therefor an apartment was nice, "do not fret, it has an elevator," he said, releasing her hand as he held the door for her. Inside he returned to her side, walking over to the elevator, pressing it to come down.
Once at the ground floor, he went in with her, pressing on a floor before the doors closed. He was silent, but his silence wasn't uncomfortable in nature. He just seemed content or perhaps just relaxed. Reaching the floor, he stepped out, showing her the way before unlocking the door. The apartment really wasn't anything special; a reasonably sized bedroom, a small living room and a decent kitchen. The bathroom was nice as well, a bathtub with a built in showerhead as well as a nice toilet and sink. "You won't have to worry about rent .. food on the other hand is yours to buy," he said. He walked into the bedroom, placing her bag down on the bed, unpacking the few items into the closet. He had a few outfits in there, nothing special. Afterwards he stored the bag away under the bed so she could have it, should she want it. Returning to her he looked at her carefully. "You won't have to make me happy, as your mother told you," he said. He hadn't been deaf, and he had walked a little in front of her. His silvery eyes looked to her, "this should be a place where you feel safe; where you can decide and not be held down."
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 9:37 pm

Her whole family? She wasnt sure she could lie to them all! What if he decided one day to want out of the scheme? No, that would be worse than not knowing the father. Having someone pretend to then later admit that it wasnt true at all. She would be a disappointment, more than she already believed she was. He just comforted her in a nice way that made her feel much better already. Positive surprise. She could live with that for now. She however didnt feel too talkative and his silence wasnt a bother. If it had, then she would be talking like a waterfall to fill the silence and make things awkward by making herself awkward with whatever she would say.
She was glad to hear about an elevator. She thanked him softly as he held the door for her. The apartment was pretty good. Better than her own, which she thought was fairly decent; but her standards werent too high. He spoke of rent and she realized she had agreed to come with, which now seemingly meant a long time if he was talking about rent. Her mother’s words made her frown while he packed her bag away. She was fiddling a little with her shirt. Like she was considering it. He however seemed to notice and she looked at him with vulnerable eyes. “You are so kind to me. Why?” She had to ask. It was making her choke up on emotions. The damned hormones wouldnt just let her suppress how much she appreciated him already.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 9:48 pm

She looked so vulnerable, and he wondered if nobody had ever treated her with kindness. He looked at her as she asked a strange question. At least to him, but once he thought it through it did make a lot of sense not to trust a practical stranger. Only he didn't feel like she was a stranger to him. "I suppose I failed someone in your position once .. and I do not tend to make the same mistake twice," he just said, his silvery eyes almost scanning her before he looked at the place around them. "I cannot be with you all the time .. my realm relies on me, but I can have Lucienne at your service - she can contact me should you need me in any way," he said. It was quite the gesture, but she was a mortal, and with what he had seen she hadn't been offered much kindness before. A raven cawed outside the window. He went over, opening it to let it in. "Mari, this is Lucienne; Lucienne this is Mari," he introduced them to each other. Lucienne was soon turned into a rather beautiful woman, her features sharp and her hair black as her feather had been, slicked back. "Pleasure to finally meet you," she spoke, a raspy sound to her voice that could sound like the thrill of a bird's noise. Aiastes went to Mari once more, taking her hand rather gently with his own, lifting it up a little. "Lucienne will be here when I cannot," meaning he would come back once in a while, "you can take the spare keys that hang out in the kitchen; they are your keys now."
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 1:39 am

There had been one before her? Hopefiully not also pregnant and struggling with his or her parents, she thought to herself before a thought popped up in her mind that bothered her. She pushed it aside as he made it clear that he couldnt be around all the time. “It makes sense.” She muttered. If he had any time at all, surely he would want to spend it on freedom. Though she then realized he had mentioned a name, lookint around in confusion. And just on cue did the raven show up. She was introduced and as the bird transformed, Mari blinked for a few seconds. She was aware of the supernatural and it wasnt that weird. But the bird lady was pretty. Same as Aiastes. She felt so… mundane compared to them? “Finally?” She wrinkled her nose a little confused. Her hand was grabbed and she felt her heart pick up a pace, before she looked at him. “Are you leaving?” She asked because it kind of did feel and sound like he was. Was it weird that she didnt want him to go? Her mand moved in his, turning to feel his skin. “You have hands like an artist. But also soft.” She remarked, looking at their hands before looking at him.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 11:03 am

Lucienne just nodded graciously, but wouldn't elaborate as her master was right there. She let them have a moment, heading into the bedroom to air it out, putting on some new linen to make it extra cozy for the human. While Lucienne didn't agree with her master's decision, she obeyed his orders regardless. She was sworn to him.
He looked at her calmly, nodding as he was indeed in need of leaving. Not that he wanted, but he had left some work behind in his realm and he needed to finish that along with upkeep before he could return to her. Her remark made him narrow his eyes a little. He thought he spoke odd. "Ever one for surprises," he just said, his face stoic but his eyes giving him away. He seemed content. "I will return to you as soon as I can, I promise you," he said, digging into an inner pocket, taking out a locket. He held it to his forehead, then lips and lastly heart before the pendant in it turned the same liquid silver as his eyes. "Wear this when you go to bed .. it will give you nothing but pleasant dreams." Handing it to her with a slight nod. Letting go of her hand he bowed his head a little as a goodbye before he stepped backwards and away from her, shifting into another realm.
Lucienne returned from the other room, "bedroom should be nice and clean now .. I would advise you to rest as human bodies, especially those pregnant, need a good amount of rest." She spoke almost like a lexicon, but it had been long since she had been human.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:00 pm

Was her remark odd? Maybe. But it felt true regardless. He had rough hands but not completely. Maybe it was the elegance he moved with, she didnt feel too sure right in this moment. The promise made her hum softly, looking at him until he grabbed something from his pocket. Seeing the locket that he pretty much blessed into a pendant in the way she would associate the blessing of a priest made her look at it while he explained it's use. She thanked him softly as he had handed it to her, feeling him let go of her hand. She was still a little confused by everything but at this point had she just decided that things eventually would explain themselves.
Like how could a pendant give her good dreams? She looked at it before Lucienne returned. "You sound almost like my mom. Less stiff, though." she said, cracking a small smile before she got up and put the pendant in her pocket. She thanked the bird woman before she went to the bedroom, sitting down with a sigh. She felt like she needed a shower before anything else. That and brush her teeth. Maybe twice from the fact that she hadnt cleaned it after throwing up really. Once all that was settled, she had her towel wrapped around her hair, dressed in a loose long t-shirt meant for sleeping. She got in bed with her phone, just checking whatever that was interesting. She remembered the pendant, moving over to the edge to fish it out of her pocket. She looked at it, touching it softly with her thumb before she sighed. Putting it around her neck, she returned to her phone with no further thoughts. She didnt know how long she had been scrolling, but she had fallen asleep with her phone in her hand.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 4:05 pm

Lucienne hummed, sounding almost like a bird purring, clearly not getting the joke. Instead she moved to clean someplace else. It had been a while since this place had been in use, and when her master returned she wasn't looking to be caught doing nothing. She was working rather silently, going through all the cabinets, the fridge and freezer even the few utensils and plates. Everything got scrubbed down and cleaned, even the corners scrubbed clean before moving on to the next room and finally the bathroom. After a while she went to go check on the human, and as she found her sleeping, she went over to silently close the window so she wouldn't wake with a sore throat.
Aiastes' words had been true. Sleeping with the pendant would make her dreams calm and relaxing. Perhaps a bit of adventure thrown in now and again, but overall the dreams were pleasant. One of them she had a small beach house overlooking the sea, the water just as beautiful as in her first dream with him. It was clear it was an area that he had made, but not yet finished as it perhaps lacked a few common items, but mostly it was well put together.
In the realm the sovereign was rather busy. He had been slacking a bit in the nightmare department, opting to oversee the ones he had made as well as the ones he was currently working on. For him, work came as natural as breathing. In fact he saw it less like a chore and more like an extension of himself. It was how he could express himself, serve those who entered his realm with something new. Every now and again he would catch his focus slipping a little, thinking of Mari and if she was getting the rest she needed. And almost as if on cue, he felt her presence in his realm. He worked a bit more, though keeping an eye out for her in a sense, hoping that she liked the places he had made accessible to her.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 4:21 pm

It was a little odd to be some place new but she thought that this was partly what she had asked him to show her. She looked around, moving about. The water she sat by, keeping her feet in, looking at how it interacted with her feet. When there wasnt anything happening, she enjoyed the moments where she could just relax. She noticed she was also wearing the pendant in her dream. Looking at it, she touched it with a soft touch. When she woke up, she felt well rested. It was odd. She decided to go back to work, just agreeing on a few hours, nothing too over the top. When she returned, she had a message from her mother but it was annoying her. They were rather nosey, not really able to mind their own business. She had gotten her book as well from home so she had something to read at night.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 4:44 pm

As the days passed there wasn't really any news from Aiastes, and Lucienne wasn't really a conversation starter. But the apartment was calm and it was clean - there was always food for her to choose from, and she could basically come and go as she pleased. No one was forcing her to stay there. An evening Lucienne got up from where she was sitting, looking around in silence as she listened before humming to herself. Then there was a soft knock on the door, and Lucienne withdrew, "I shall leave you for some privacy," she said, moving over to the window, she swung her legs out before transforming into a raven once more flying off. If Mari went to open the door, there he would stand, a small bag in one hand and a bouquet of flowers in the other, his silvery eyes warm almost, "good evening Mari," his voice deep and smooth. He nodded towards the door, indirectly asking if he could come in.
If she did he moved over, placing the bag down on the coffee table, "I trust you have been well taken care of," he said with a soft nod. Walking to her he reached out to touch her cheek, inspecting her eyes, "I see you have been sleeping well too." there was a genuine care in his eyes as he stated that. He hummed, nodding as he released her face. Gesturing to the bag, he hoped she would help him a little. "I am not well versed in what is popular for couples to do .. but I figured if you are to keep up appearances, we might as well do it right," in the bag she would find some candles, a nice warm package of take out and a small desert sitting on top. He went out into the kitchen, finding a tall jug in one of them. He cut the bouquet he had gotten for the occasion, making sure they sat practically perfect. Returning to the living room he looked to her, almost as if to ask what he should do.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 5:18 pm

It was like her life was pretty much the same, except for the fact that she wasnt in her own apartment. It felt odd but the new was also good. She wasnt as exhausted and after a check up with the doctor had it seemed that she was no longer affected by the prenatal depression so much that it impacted her daily life. He did warn her about stress and how easy she could bounce back, but she didnt fully listen to that either as she was just so happy about not being depressed. She had been trying to speak to Lucienne but the bird was quite stiff to talk to and didnt get much humor. Mari wasnt sure if the bird even liked her. But she was still kind to her and thanked whenever she was helped or had noticed a change.
The knock at the door made her look up and as Lucienne left, she went to check. Seeing him there with flowers and a bag, she smiled a little surprised. “Goodevening Aiastes.” She greeted him. She had practiced saying his name, even bothered Lucienne to help her. But she felt she had it right. She moved to let him enter, closing the door behind him. “Yes Lucienne has been very kind.” She nodded. She looked at him as he came over, feeling the hand touch her cheek. It was a little surprising but she liked touch so it was the right call. “It’s all thanks to the necklace you gave me.” She had to admit.
She went to the bag as his gesture, frowning lightly at what he was saying. “You.. dont have to keep up appearances when no one is there.” She said. He knew that right? Though the prospect of a date night wasnt something she couldnt say was quite nice… did he really like her? Or was it pity? Was she desperate if she didnt really care? “Well, you brought food so I guess we eat. We can just talk about all or nothing. Some talk about their day..” she shrugged. She didnt know dates! She hadnt really been on them! Or she had? But not anything noteworthy or particulary cute. “Dates are pretty typical. But anything can be a date. Like eating takeout.” She gestured to the food; “.. you got that right.”
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 5:35 pm

Tilting his head a little he couldn't quite understand what she meant. He was there, wasn't he? "Would you rather I leave?" He then asked, not quite sure what she was hinting at. In his mind he had wanted to do something nice for her, but maybe he had misread something. Maybe what she truly wanted was to be left alone, though that was highly unlikely. As he returned she disclosed what knowledge she had about situations like these and he hummed nodding as he seemed to understand. Moving over he unpacked the bag, placing the food on the dinner table by the window. The desert he placed in the fridge, returning with plates as well as a couple of bottles of water. He didn't really have to eat, but he also wasn't opposed to it. Frankly he liked eating, but he rarely got the chance to do it. "Is the food agreeable?" He asked, opening the containers to show fresh salads, pasta with a small package of mayonnaise on top as well as some beautifully cooked salmon with a bit of rice to. "I asked for the topping you liked last time," he said. The place had found the request odd, but they had done it regardless - unbeknownst to himself, the reason was perhaps his stern face.
If it was alright, he would sort the plates out, gesturing for her to sit, and while he didn't pull the chair out for her, he did go and fetch the candles, lighting them as he placed them on the table a bit away from the food. Sitting down he looked at her, his silvery eyes calm and perhaps a bit soft. "Tell me of your day - how have you been keeping?" His voice smooth, the hint of a strained smile was back, but he figured he would never get it completely right. However she didn't seem to mind as much. He cut into his salmon, the steam coming off of it and the way it had been cooked was clear that it was fresh fish. This wasn't just some day old fries and a slice of greasy pizza, that was for sure. "You've slept, but how are you?"
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 9:39 pm

She definitely didnt want him to leave so when he asked, she shook her head. “Sorry, no, that wasnt what I meant.” She clarified before she sighed at herself. “I do want you to stay.” She made rather clear. Maybe it was better to explain later and have their date now. She moved some of her things off the table while he went with the desert. She seemed awfully calm for someone who wasnt that used to actual dates, but maybe reality hadnt hit her yet. He returned and unpacked the food, she kind of just watched. It had been a few days since she saw him so she was kind of just taking in the view. Did she have a crush? Most probably. He was quite attractive and oh so nice on top of it. What wasnt there to like? His question made her realize she was here in the moment with him. “Yeah. I’m not really a picky eater.” She replied, though she was a little particular with the food she ate now. Most of it was just the cravings. Like pasta and mayonaise, which he had remembered. “You’re sweet.” She smiled, moving over to look at the pasta, the salads and the mayo. It was quite perfect.
She moved to sit as he gestured, watching as he lit the lights. The question about her day made her hum thoughtfully. “I have been doing quite well considering. The doctor said that I can go back to work, which is nice because I miss it.” She shrugged. It as least felt good to not be stressed and exhausted all the time and seemingly for good if she watched out.
How she was? She poked a bit of pasta around before she sighed. “I’ve been well. It has been nice to get actual rest.” She said with a nod. But she had also still felt a little lonely. Sure, he had given her a place to stay and Lucienne had been here but what else? He hadnt been here. Not that she blamed him. “I’m very glad that you’ll have this date with me.” She admitted. Probably sounding like a complete fool. Any other man would have laughed. “It means a lot.” She added with a nod. “Is the fish good?” She asked, looking over at his plate. She had been told that fish wasnt good for the child so she had stayed away, even if she loved fish quite a lot.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 9:58 am

Aiastes wasn't usually doing this. But perhaps he saw something in her. Maybe a loneliness that he could recognize? Or something else entirely. He wasn't certain, and for that reason he chose not to think too much about it. Instead he focused on being with her in the moment. He noticed how she wasn't reaching for the salmon, frowning slightly and a little confused. However he didn't say anything and would rather hear about her day to day life. It was a relief to hear that she was stable as of now. The admittance surprised him a bit, but he was actually happy she did like him here. Of course he had wanted to come sooner, but as the things in his realm could be fickle he liked to work ahead for times like these.
She asked about the fish and he hummed, cutting off a piece that was almost juicy in the way it almost fell apart. Lifting the fork to her he gestured for her to try it. If she refused he would furrow his brows, sinking the fork a little. "I could've sworn you could eat fish while with child," he said in a small ponder. He had even made sure of it before ordering and now he felt ridiculous. "I'm terribly sorry," he said, placing his fork down as he reached over, touching her hand ever so gently. "Would you like me to go and get you something else?" He asked, his silvery eyes genuine. He didn't care if his food got cold. He cared more for her eating a healthy diet for a human. "I know that shellfish could be harmful, but fish .." He shook his head no, never even having heard such a thing, but perhaps he was falling short.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 10:13 am

He hummed as an answer and it made her smile, though as he cut some off to offer her, she looked a little surprised. She looked around, not knowing what to say. She shook her head lightly, better safe than sorry, right? His ponder made her shrug. “I’m not too sure.” She had to admit. He apologized and she shook her head, it was fine. His hand touching hers made her look rather vulnerable as she lifted her eyes to look at him. “No it’s alright, thank you.” She said before he spoke of the fish. She looked down at her pasta as she thought about it. “I.. I dont remember who told me. Probably my mother. But I’ll try some. Please.” She said, leaning forward, gesturing him to offer her again. She would trust him blindly most probably if he wanted her to. If he gave her the fish, she would chew it before humming softly. “It is really good.” She confirmed. It was nothing like frozen fish in the slightest. And mixed with her mayo pasta, she was pretty much set. “I completely forgot to ask you as well… how have you been?” She then asked as she remembered, wanting to hear of his days too. And how he was feeling. Because he most certainly wasnt an open book of emotions.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 2:38 pm

Perhaps it had been her mother. He thought very little of that woman, but then again it wasn't like he thought about many mortals. He cared for a few he would say, though in his own roundabout way as usual. She wanted to try it, and he lifted the fork easily to her lips. Watching her taste it she hadn't even have to say that she liked it, as it was rather visible in the way she emoted. However the confirmation was sweet, nodding as he cut the salmon he had in half, placing it on her plate. "There's more, but if this mystery person is right, we ought to take precautions," though it was clear he wanted her to enjoy this meal as well. Even besides that perhaps he should read up on prenatal diet. What was he thinking? He could hardly believe what he thought of, but it seemed that this young woman in front of him so easily drew out the humanity in him.
She returned the question from earlier, making him hum and nod. "I have been busy as per usual, but I've found myself distracted as of late," he admitted, perhaps a little cryptic, but his eyes said it all. Her. He had been thinking of her, how she was doing, and even if Lucienne gave her reports they felt like they weren't enough. "Either way, should you wish it, I can be of disposal to you for the next few days," he said. While he could probably have a whole week with her, he was not one to slack off at all. "We could perhaps visit your parents, keep up with them so you can have your peace," he suggested. He was sure they had been bothering her a lot. "Per chance we should come to some agreement between you and I?" They needed a few ground rules as well as things they could speak of.
Taking a sip of his water he soon was ready to speak once more. "I propose my work would be self employment; though we should maybe keep it vague," he pondered out loud, taking a bit before chewing and swallowing, "what affectionat touches am I allowed?" It sounded perhaps a bit robotic, but it was clear he didn't want to overstep any boundaries.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 3:05 pm

He cut the salmon in half and she thanked him softly. The mention of precautions made her chuckle a little as it sounded a little funny to her. “I think it’s maybe about time to that I read up on things before I just blindly trust what’s good or not for my body.” She shrugged. But enough about that, she wanted to hear more about him and his day. Frankly did she just want to hear his voice and anything he would say with it. The confession made her look a little confused, like she didnt really follow until she noticed how he looked at her. “Oh… you’re charming.” She chuckled, shaking her head, feeling her cheeks warm up a little.
“I would like to spend some time together.” She agreed, feeling a little honored that he would do that. She however wasnt that stoked on her parents, scoffing softly. “They’ll be really annoying.” She warned him. And it wasnt in the cutesy they just care a lot kind of annoying. But if he wasnt worried, then he would either be surprised or not care. An agreement? She didnt quite follow, so she wanted to hear more. She ate a little bit of pasta, humming as it made sense not to fully disclose what he did; because she didnt quite know how to describe it either.
The mention of affectionate touches made her swallow her pasta a little too quick, coughing lightly before taking a sip of water. “Oh god. Uhh.. I mean, it has to look natural, so can I really tell you what you’re allowed and what you’re not can I?” She asked. It was a weird topic for her to talk about, that was for sure. She thought about it, eating some pasta with mayo, trying to ignore the fact that her cheeks were warming up by the second. “I mean… if we’re sitting, then holding hands would make sense?” She shrugged. She felt like a dork now, trying to think of affectionate touches like she didnt quite understand what it was, when she fully did. He had just caught her a little off guard.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 4:01 pm

"I suppose they will," he just agreed with her. If they were annoying then he would just let them be that. He wasn't really bothered. However hearing her cough he was surprisingly on edge, ready to get out of his chair but she seemed to handle it. After she cleared her throat he listened to her, humming as he nodded. It made sense that it had to look authentic. "Entangled fingers, I suppose," he nodded, as the other type of handholding seemed mostly for children crossing the road or something to that extent. He seemed to think things through before looking into her eyes, "would you want me to pretend .. or be genuine?" It was maybe an odd question to pose, but he couldn't see the harm in exploring this a little. Was she perhaps interesting to him because he found her attractive? She was a beautiful young woman that was for sure, but he also knew that he would never be able to satisfy her. But maybe deep down he wished he could, though that was hidden under a layer of pretense on his behalf.
He reached his hand back over to hers, touching it gently, his fingers just exploring her skin. The softness in his eyes were back, "I don't want you to feel like we are simply playing at this, and that you think I am forcing myself to do this." Could he be more clear than that? Yes, most probably, but nothing was ever completely direct with him. He supposed he worked very much like a dream in that regard. "Would you want me to kiss you?" Wondering if she was only enamored by him from the sole reason that he had been kind to her. "Would you want to hold my hand? Feel my embrace? - Or are you simply forcing yourself to like me because I have shown you kindness?"
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 4:26 pm

Entangled fingers would make the most sense but it still had to be authentic. And she did somehow worry about it. It wasnt quite clear what was going on between them now, and it seemed that he was aware too. His question made her frown a little. Which was which? Which would hurt less? What if she picked pretend but then he would do just that and it would feel real, only not to be? It was a heavy question. But in tge end, it was better to settle it once and for all. “Genuine. You cant pretend with my parents.” She said with a sigh.
The hand touching hers made her look down, listening to how he made it clear that he wasnt about play-pretend. The question about kissing made her cheeks flare up and she felt her stomach tingle a little, which was only worsened by the million hormones going through her body. “No, I’d blush, they’d know.” She muttered, still thinking that they were talking about when they met her parents. He was very forward. “I want to get to know you.” She said instead of answering his questions. She looked down at their hands, turning her hand to grip softly around his. “It’s not only that you’ve been kind.” She admitted, shaking her head. She was pathetic but not completely. “You showed me your work. You let me have a glimpse of who you are..” she said before she paused and scoffed, still looking at their hands, feeling his skin against hers. “I guess I feel I havent done the same.”
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 5:09 pm

Blush? Alright he noted that down and he would refrain from doing that then. However as she spoke of getting to know him he wasn't quite sure how to react. Though his face was simply stoic, so he didn't quite show it. Humming as she mentioned that he had indeed showed her those parts of himself, but it seemed that she had more to say. "I would like to get to know you too .. you are always welcome to show me more of yourself," he just said, looking to their hands, his fingers moved to greet her curious touch. He felt a warmth spread within him. One he had seldom felt. "What about you would you like to show me?" He was curious. She had been nothing but a surprise to him so far. He had completely forgotten about eating, seemingly his whole focus was on her in this moment. "Tell me something about yourself that you have not told me before - that you wish to share of course," he encouraged her.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 7:25 pm

He wanted to get to know her as well? She couldnt help but look down and smile softly. He was aware of his own charns right? It had to be a charisma thing otherwise. The way his fingers greeted her touch also surprised her. All in all was it hard to imagine that he wasnt doing this out of pity. That it wasnt because of how lonesome she had been in her dream. If he could go to any dream, why was hers so special? “I dont have… something particular in mind when you ask me now.” She had to admit. But she would have to think. Her hobbies? She had a fair few. Nothing interesting though. “I uhm… I do pottery from time to time, so I make cups and other things out of clay.” She said as the thoughts came in. “I used to make little figures and then dress them in clothes that I made with crocheting.” She said, motioning with her hand that it was fairly small figures, no more than the distance between her index and her thumb. “… but I dont really find myself that interesting. Or I guess I kind of do because I do journal from time to time, but not for others to read.” She shook her head. Maybe she was just young and dumb but it wasnt like confidence came natural to her, at least like this.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 8:39 pm

While he had to admit that this wasn't how he had expected the evening to turn out, he also felt like it had turned out pretty good so far. She seemed to open up, telling about her hobbies, what she liked doing. The strained smile made a return at the mention of the small figurines with crocheted outfits. He didn't think he had ever seen that. But while he remained silent and with a stoic face, it was also clear that he listened to her; taking in every word she spoke and cataloguing it in his mind. "Then we are not so different you and I," he said, lifting her hand gently, studying her delicate hands. Sure, they bore signs of work, but they were also soft and feminine. "You have the hands of an artist as well," he spoke, looking to her eyes. It was almost clever how he had taken her words and applied them to her.
"And saying that you're not interesting is not really something I would put on you as a description," he seemed perhaps a bit more talkative, but he was maybe also warming up to her more. There was a sort of trust between them, and he appreciated it. "If I could use words to describe you I would say brave and talented; that you're passionate and most certainly a dreamer." The last bit said with a bit of life in his eyes as he clearly found himself a little funny with that remark. But he had also been genuine in his statements.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 9:08 pm

They werent so differnet? Somehow the notion soothed the edge she felt like she was on. Maybe it was because she couldnt just get over herself. Be selfish and think for once that someone could be genuinely interested in getting to know her! It wasnt like she could get double pregnant; It should have felt more freeing to not have to worry, and yet it had made her more afraid. He looked at her hands, inspecting them and as he spoke, using her own description, she chuckled. “I guess we also have that in common.”
He spoke and she looked a little relieved that he didnt think that way about her. Had she been worried about it? Maybe a little. He continued to speak and the description he made of her, specifically his words of choice kind of resonated within her; halfway at least. “I do dream a lot. I’d ask if you already knew but I kind of spent a long time dreaming without sleep.” She shrugged. All her daydreams. When she had been so tired that she had to make up things to finally rest. “Can we save dessert for breakfast or something? I feel really full from this. And also kind of tired.” She admitted. She didnt really get a say in her needs. It was either the baby or the hormones it felt like sometimes. If he agreed then she would get up and send him a soft smile. “I really liked the food. You hit quite spot on with that.” She had to compliment his efforts, because they were good.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 9:27 pm

She asked to save the dessert and he nodded, getting up as she did, cleaning up silently and swiftly as he made sure to pack away the leftovers neatly if she wanted some tomorrow. The fish he packed in a separate container. Her compliment made him nod, a silent thanks, but he felt like he could've done more. He let her be, go about her evening routines, not wanting to spoil what she usually did. After cleaning everything, he made sure to blow out the candles, opening the windows to let out the faint smoke and air out the room so it didn't smell so strongly of food. Making sure that the door was locked he went to go check on her.
"Is there anything you need from me?" He asked in a genuine tone, looking at her with his stoic face and silvery soft eyes. He wondered if she felt at home here, or if she would rather be at her own apartment, but just stayed here because he had offered it to her. Regardless, he found himself quite taken by her. Not sure what it was, but he kept his distance. He knew what falling in love with a mortal might mean, and she deserved so much better.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 9:49 pm

He was a real gentleman. She felt quite thankful as she went to prepare for bed, washing her face, wetting her hair a little just so it would curl in the morning. She also changed to her big shirt that she liked to sleep in. When he came to check on her, she smiled at him softly. The question made her looked away with a small frown. He was a little eccentric wasnt he? But in a cute way. “Uh, yeah, we could talk some more if you want to?” She suggested, moving over to sit on the bed, patting it with her hand for him to join her. She moved her legs up, groaning a little softly as she rubbed her feet. “So what’s your next big project?” She asked, looking at him with a soft smile as she rubbed her own feet, squishing her heel a little as it relived tension.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next