Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Aiastes

Aiastes

Full name : Aiastes

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptySun Oct 23, 2022 5:44 pm

It hadn't been easy to keep an eye on her when she was in the hospital. However granted that she had entered the Formless Lands, she had gained her ability to sleep back. Though Aiastes hadn't appeared, and most likely kept his distance for now. However one pair of beady eyes seemed to keep watch over the human, and so as she saw her on the roof they flew down, landing a little beside her, giving her some personal space. She transformed, mostly to communicate, but also to let her know that it was indeed Lucienne who was there with her. Of course the raven wasn't there to speak, but merely there to lend her an ear if she wanted it.
"That will be enough, Lucienne," a familiar voice spoke. The raven looked up in surprise, immediately returning to its raven form to fly off. Aiastes took her place, sitting down beside the human, and if she for some miraculous reason would let him, he would wrap an arm around her, holding her close. He didn't think of himself as someone who was good at comforting others, but he was clearly making an effort here. Not saying anything he looked out at the city, trying to just be her rock now after everything that had happened.
For the first time he had actually appeared for her when he hadn't deemed it safe for him. He cared for her, and that might never change. Did he really need to speak? Say what was on his mind? No. Because this wasn't about him. This was completely about her.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

Full name : Mari Belle Godfrey

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2022 6:13 pm

The raven appearing was no comfort to the human. She actually didnt feel so sure that anything was a comfort to her at this point. The empty pit in her stomach saw to that. The familiar voice didnt make her move much either. She just stared out on the cityscape with a distant look in her eyes. He joined her and she didnt pull away as he dragged her in but she wasnt reciprocating it either. “Why are you here?” She spoke, turning her eyes to look at him. Though she couldnt hide that distance and emptiness she bore. It felt so natural now. Like she had to match the physical feeling too. She only looked at him for a bit before she reached over for another small bottle. She had only had a few. But she just wanted to drown the feeling. The loss was too much for her.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 3:55 pm

Why was he here indeed. He just looked out at the cityscape, holding his arm around her, not really sure if he was doing a good job or not. He surely wasn't here to judge her nor how she was coping with it all. He turned to look at her as she turned her gaze away, wondering what she was thinking of right now. "I was told that when humans suffer they usually need someone around them that cares for them," such a clinical reply, but wasn't it clear what he was trying to say? He cared about her. Why else had he dropped everything for her? His eyes returned to the view from up here. Strange how the waking world felt so different. "And I wanted to say that I know what you wished for," he said. It hurt to even think of, but the wish granting creature were not ideal for what she had wished for. For it had taken it as if she wanted the baby gone, and that was not a thing that Aiastes had ever wished for her. He leaned over, placing a kiss against her temple, "I apologize .. I still cause you so much harm," he said softly against her skin. That was if she hadn't pushed him away yet.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 4:13 pm

His reply was rathe expected for some ancient being, but she couldnt possibly believe that he now wanted to be around her and behave so caringly. The mention of knowing about the wish made her look at him with betrayal in her eyes. Was he just here to remind her of how stupid she was? How she could have worded it different and maybe not lost everything? Tears rolled fown her cheeks and she looked out on the city. She couldnt even bear to start telling him off. “I’ve already lost the child, Aiastes. No apology could undo the hurt or better the loss.” She said in a downspirited tone before she looked away. She wouldnt push or fight. She felt so weak.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 4:24 pm

"No, it will not," he agreed with her on that. His words meant nothing compared to what she had gone through, and perhaps he had been naïve to even come here. But then the ancient being said something that might've hurt more than it was intending to. "I've spent so many days and nights thinking of you .. thinking of what you had growing inside of you," he admitted, because now was as good as any time to come clean about it all. Gritting his teeth he felt so selfish, "I would lie if I said I hadn't hoped that the child you were carrying wouldn't magically have been mine. It was horrible to unload that on her now. But he felt like they had so many things unspoken between them. All of that hopelessness and anger she felt, she was free to direct at him. He had been the cause of it all. If he hadn't interrupted her life, then she would've had a better life, right?
"I know I am in no position to demand anything from you," he prefaced what he was about to say, his hand reaching down, touching hers so gently. There was something different about his touch. Perhaps a vulnerability that hadn't been there before, hidden away behind his stiff nature. "But let me be here for you."
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 4:54 pm

She was already broken, so could he really do more? He probably could have come here just to mock her and it wouldnt have made much of a difference for her mood. But it also was depending on what he spoke of. The mention of thinking of her and the child, to then say what she had thought all along. She began to whimper. So it had mattered to him all this time that the child hadnt been his own? And what was she supposed to do with that now?
She reached for another small bottle, struggling with the tiny lid on top as he made it clear that he was here to comfort her. “Can you get me my child back?” She asked. Though it wasnt something she needed an answer for if it would make her cry. Sure, she had been so affected by before this. But she had doomed herself. Forever was she going to be childless.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 5:13 pm

The question was a flat no. Of course even the Ruler of Dreams couldn't make that come true, so he simply shook his head no, looking down at their hands. She was struggling with the tiny bottle and he took it and unscrewed it for her, his eyes hurting because she was so upset. "I wish I could," he admitted, "it has already passed on to the life beyond." That was what he had heard from his sibling. Death came for all mortals, their sibling had told him, but not all got to have a long life. However saying that now would carry as much comfort as being stabbed in the chest he supposed. "I can grant you another," he said, though it perhaps sounded like he was trying to sleep with her, but it was rather clear it wasn't about that. He looked out to the cityscape once more, "I will grant you as many children you wish if you ask for it." He was indebted to her in that sense.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 5:31 pm

He couldnt. She wouldnt say that it was making the pit inside of her grow, her breath hitching in her throat as she felt so sick with herself, holding the now opened bottle with her free hand.. How naive she had been. Her mother had been so heartbroken. And she was pretty sure that her father was blaming her as if he knew that she had been the cause herself. As he said he would grant her another child, she began to sob. “Dont take pity in me now.” She begged. If this was just because of how stupid she had been to make her wish, then she wouldnt have it. But if he meant it because it was wht he thought she deserved, it would change everything. “I want my child back.” She spoke in a voice wrecked by how swollen her throat was from keeping herself from crying once more. She didnt care how or when. She just wanted to replace the empty feeling from what she had lost.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 5:40 pm

He wasn't taking pity on her, not more than the fact that he was sad on her behalf as well. However the plea made the ancient being shed a tear, looking at the hurting woman beside him. He reached up, touching her cheek so gently, "I can't give back what I never took," he said, just as frustrated as she was, but he was better and wiser at hiding it. His hand moved down, taking the bottle away without looking, just letting it roll away and empty its content. "And you need rest, dearest," he hadn't spoken to her like that in a long while, but he had also realized that he couldn't do much to stay away anymore. He got up on his feet, and regardless of if she fought back or not he would lift her up, bringing her back inside and to her room. He helped her into bed, getting in with her and pulling her close to his chest. If she fought back he would shush her, because he knew this was what she needed right now. And there would be plenty of time to hate him later on.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 5:58 pm

As he stated that he couldnt give her back the child once again was she starting to cry again. Her tear ducts hadnt really recovered and her body was too tired to give her cries any signifigance. But it didnt mean that her heart was breaking less. He spoke of rest but she didnt want it. She fought him a little as he picked her up, all the way to bed. She was pulled in and she tried to pull away, rather wanting to stay on the roof and either freeze to death or maybe fall off when she eventually did have to return to bed. Then she at least wouldnt feel the hurt. “I want my child! I want my baby back!” She cried, inconsolable about the fact. Her cries and strength eventually went flat and she just laid in his arms, staring into the room but not yet sleeping.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 7:39 pm

The eternal knew that she would try to fight back, and he wasn't put off by it. She needed someone right now that she could yell at. That she could air out her frustrations and sorrow to. And Aiastes would gladly take that on his shoulders. Eventually she seemed to be too exhausted to really do anything but just lay there. He knew she wasn't sleeping because he could feel that. "Sleep love," he whispered to her softly, urging her to just give in and get some sort of rest, even if it would only be for a few hours. He would stay with her here in the waking world unless he was called upon within her dream. Holding her he just buried his face in her golden hair, hoping that she would soon succumb to her own tiredness. It was so clear to see and feel that she needed the rest more than ever. "I promise you calm dreams," and he for one could keep that promise. He wouldn't have any trouble in that.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 9:23 pm

Was it odd that she was refusing to sleep? Her dreams could be terrible reminders. And she was drunk now too, so it would probably be worse. And yet she drifted off as he held her, her body relaxing. The dream was almost as expected. She was in the café with the people from her book, but they now had a baby that they spoke to and held. Her heart was aching, even in the waking world. But then someone sat down in front of her. It was cryptic. A contract was placed on the table and she didnt understand. She couldnt read the contract and she had no memory of it. This couldnt be a memory. She got up and the person grabbed her. She couldnt make out their face. She tried to break free, gritting her teeth before she pulled with all her might. That was when she woke up. Her head was hurting and she realized that she was back in the hospital again. If Aiastes was still there holding her would she feel a bit better. If he wasnt would she just silently sob and cry until breakfast was served.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptySat Oct 29, 2022 8:30 am

Frankly Aiastes just held her. There wasn't much he could do, but giving her a peaceful rest was the least he could do for the woman he was currently holding in his arms. Frankly he was staying with her the whole night, having made arrangements in his realm to assure that everything would be running optimally while he was gone for a little while. When she woke up, he felt her body exiting the relaxed state and he pulled her in, kissing the top of her head. "It's still very early, dearest," he told her in a hushed whisper, just being there with her. Nothing could drive him away from her now.
Breakfast was eventually served, and the staff seemed both surprised and maybe a little skeptical of letting Aiastes stay in the room with Mari, but they couldn't really deny the woman's request. After breakfast the eternal cleaned up, placing the tray at the designated area before returning to her, however he had to stop himself from entering as he saw someone already in the room with Mari. At first he thought it was simply a doctor, but upon closer inspection it was the human male that she had befriended.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Full name : George Sullivan

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptySat Oct 29, 2022 8:31 am

So George had had to go through quite the lengths to figure out what had happened, and eventually he had tracked her down. Knocking on the door to her room, he came in with an apologetic smile and a large bouquet of flowers for her. He knew it wouldn't make up for anything she had gone through, but he always found hospitals so grey and boring. "Hi there," he said, hugging her if she would let him before sitting down in a chair by the bed. "Sorry to just drop in out of the blue, but I was worried about you," he admitted. He really felt like they had a good friendship going, and what kind of shitty friend was he that he hadn't been here for her. Though in his defense it wasn't like her family was so talkative, and he eventually had to question one of her co-workers to get any sort of lead. "But I'm here now." George didn't want her to feel alone in this, and while he wasn't completely sure what had happened, he knew for a fact that it hadn't been good. In fact he wouldn't even dare to say the B word.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 12:40 am

She slept better in his arms than she had on her own, but it wasnt good enough. The wound was too fresh and seemed to have no way to close up properly. Would she just feel this way forever? She did wonder. After breakfast, was she rather surprised to have George come by. A part of her wasnt ready to face anyone from her daily life. Aiastes had been alright, because he knew what had happened. But getting pity from everyone else? “I…” she tried to speak but just quieted down before her eyes welled up. She gestured for him to sit before she explained, not in deep detail but at least clearing up what had happened. She was still so heartbroken, and her eyes kept wandering to the door. Had Aiastes left her?

To make things worse, did her mother show up when Aiastes had seen George. She looked as well at the two before she looked at Aiastes. “We already know how you’ve neglected her. It’s no wonder that my granchild is gone now.” She said, not caring that they stood in the hallway. She looked at Mari and George. “It’s over now. You dont have to worry about her anymore. What tied you to her was just a drunken mistake. And it’s gone now. So…” she paused before she looked at the ancient with a stern expression. “You should go.”
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 5:38 am

Aiastes hadn't want to meddle in the conversation, but he could also see how sad Mari looked. And he couldn't leave her. Not this time. She had him, nothing could pry him away. Even as Mrs. Godfrey came to scold him he barely raised an eyebrow, but he disagreed. Neglected her? He had to scoff, but he owed this mortal woman nothing besides one thing. And that was the birth of the woman who quite clearly held the eternal's heart. He gave the mother one look, a warning to never speak to him that way again, and without a word, he entered her room. Moving to sit on her bedside, he kissed her forehead, "sorry, I had to use the bathroom," a lie, but George didn't know that. In fact the human looked startled that Aiastes was even here.
"It's good to finally meet you," the ancient said, looking to George, "I've heard a lot about you." No he hadn't, he just knew George Sullivan from his dreams. And what he had seen he didn't like, but truly he couldn't care to even meddle in his dreams. George just apologized, smiling at Mari and then nodded at Aiastes.
Despite what anyone had told the endless, he was quite clearly glued to Mari's side, almost constantly touching her or being near. But it was because he knew it was what Mari wanted. And he wanted it too. When her mother finally entered, Aiastes put on his usual strained smile, "so good of you to come visit," he said politely, "I arrived here last night .. the flight I was on had been delayed, but I'm here now." He turned his head to look at Mari, touch her face, caressing her cheek, "I actually have good news .. I won't travel as much anymore - they figured out a solution so I can work remotely," he said, leaning in to connect their foreheads, "they even gave me a couple of weeks off when I told them what had happened." He spoke in soft tones, leaning away it was clear he was now fully at her disposal. His job was hard, but him and Lucienne had figured out a way to make this work. He would have to come to the Formless Lands maybe once or twice a week, just for upkeep and maintenance of the balance of the realm.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 11:56 pm

Mari's mother had maybe hoped to scare him away. Which was why it was so surprising that he still went in. Mari looked to him, her eyes rather vulnerable as she reached out for him rather subtly, needing to feel that he was there with her. She held his hand, feeling calmer once she did.
Mari's mother did enter as well after a bit, but Mari didnt really feel like seeing her mother. She knew that she was just there to check on her because her father was terrible at home right now. Her mother also didnt seem too happy that Aiastes was there, but she kept her mind to herself for now. Mari looked to the ancient as he spoke, leaning into the touch on her cheek. He mentioned good news, but Mari wasnt sure that she even thought there was something called good news anymore. Everything seemed bad. But it was a relief to hear that he would have time for her now. She just leaned in, placing her head on his shoulder, hiding away in the nape of his neck. Mari's mother pulled a strained smile. "Lucky for Mari." she said before she eyed the other guy George. "I just wanted to drop off a couple of books." she said, taking them out of her bag before placing them on the nightstand. She kept eyeing the ancient like she was trying to figure him out. And then she left them again.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 10:13 am

George clearly wasn't really sure what to do with himself now that Aiastes had joined them, and so he got up, bidding Mari a speedy recovery and the both of them a good day. When he had left, Aiastes looked at the books that her mother had brought, before returning his gaze to her if she was still hinding away up against him. "I love you," it was perhaps the first time in a long while he had ever said those words to anyone. But Mari was special to him. Holding the back of her head gently, he pulled away to look at her, "once the doctors have cleared you, I want us to go home." While he would leave it up to her where she found her home was, he was making sure she knew that he had meant what he had said. He was there for her now more than ever, and he regretted what had happened to her. This was the least he could do, and yet what else could he really do to soothe her? Kissing her forehead gently, he closed his eyes and just let the two of them sit there for a while, his arm protectively around her, the other holding the back of her head gently but not restricting her in any way.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 10:55 am

The human would be stopped out in the hallway and pulled to a more secluded side by Mari’s mother, who was trying to be rather subtle with how she needed to talk to him. She just needed to get her worries out and Aiastes worried her a lot. If he was right for Mari, if it was really good for her to have him back in her life when the child was gone. She even said, rather downright that she’d rather have her daughter be with George as he had been such a great friend to Mari, at least from what she had heard of him.

Aiastes proclaimation made Mari whimper softly, gripping his shirt, just hiding away to keep feeling that sense of comfort. She hadnt felt comforted in a very long while, so she wasnt as cooperative in moving away if it meant that she didnt get to feel it anymore. “Do you really have more time for me?” She asked, reaching up to touch his face. His arms felt good around her. She couldnt say why only he could make her feel better after this. Maybe it was because she knew that she was now bound to him in some way.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 11:18 am

George just seemed to deny whatever the mother was suggesting, leaving her behind as he hurried off to leave the hospital. This was too crazy for him.

Aiastes smiled at her as she asked him such a simple question, and while his smile was still terribly stiff, it was clear that his eyes were happy. "I do," he assured her, letting her touch whatever part of her could soothe her, "I will have to return every now and again .. but only for a night or two, and you could come with me in your dreams." It was clear that he wasn't going to be parted from her ever again. He loved her truly, and nothing could change that fact. "Do you want us to get a place together? A home. One that has room for us both," it wasn't that he disliked the apartments, but he felt a house might've been more appropriate. Especially if they were going to be together more. "You could get a study for your books and your hobbies; a nice kitchen with an amazing coffee machine; a large bedroom with space for your clothes and mine as well," of course he wasn't suggesting that they would sleep in the same bed, but he would be happy if she wanted that. Not that he really slept, but he could join her in her dreams if she wished it.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 1:40 pm

He explained his new work schedule and it seemed almost too good to be true. She wasnt sure that she was naive enough to just blindly believe it. Not after her loss. It was like she wasnt herself without it. She was supposed to be carrying a child now; and now that she wasnt, was it almost a loss of sense of self. He mentioned getting a place together and she looked down. “I do.” She admitted. Had he asked her a couple of weeks ago would she have agreed on the spot. He even made it sound so nice.
“I dont think I’m in a headspace to be moving around right now. But I do want to move. Just to be the two of us.” She explained, hoping it made sense.
She was starting to feel tired again and so she had a nap. In the meantime was the doctors ready to do a checkup. One of the midwifes spoke to Aiastes, “Try not to speak too much of the loss. I know it can be hard on you both as parents who have lost their child, but she might not be ready for a deep conversation.” She said, frowning as she was still rather horrified by how the child had looked. It seemed as if it had never been alive. But she wouldnt speak of it, in case it would come off as disrespectful. “The abortion went quite smoothly. She has no internal bleeding and in a couple of days time, would she have recovered. But this also means that you’ll have to lay off intimacy. The hormones are taking off and there will be a high uh… fertility risk.” She also warned him, glancing towards the sleeping human that wasnt responsive in the slightest. “Just for the both of you, would it be a good idea to process the loss and not try and recreate what was lost.”
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 1:54 pm

"Not now, of course, but down the line," he said with a warmness to his eyes. No, making her move now wouldn't be good, and it would just put stress on her that didn't need to be there. For now they would make do with what they had, but he had a feeling that she would need a fresh start. A new safe place that wasn't tied to too many sad memories; a place where they could create better ones. When she fell asleep, he stayed by her side until one of the midwifes wanted to talk with him. Kissing her forehead, he whispered that he would be back very soon.
The midwife seemed very polite and nice, and he was grateful that such a kind person had taken care of Mari. However the talk of intimacy shouldn't be a surprise, and yet right now saying out loud that he had never been with her that way might've been a bad call. So he hummed, nodding as he looked to her, "She's my main priority .. but thank you for your kind advise, and thank you for looking after her," he said, his face might've been stern and a little scary, but his words were genuine. "I am not that well informed on how to deal with this sort of grief," he admitted, but he supposed not many were. "Would there be support groups or perhaps someone we could contact for some psychological input?" He was trying his best to phrase it like any other mortal, but he perhaps came off a bit stiff. Hopefully that could be excused by the fact that he had seemingly just lost his unborn child.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 12:35 am

“A psychiatrist could help you both process the loss. We have a catalogue. Of course, they’re not free, but the hospital will give a discount on whoever you choose.” She explained before she looked at Mari. “Your wife is strong. Many women wouldnt have been able to live with such a brutal loss.” She had to admit. She realized that she spoke out of bounds and apologized before she went to go get the catalogue with options. Mari had picked one of the roses from a vase that her mother had brought in. She picked the petals off one by one, dropping them on the duvet. Sure, the midwife called her strong, but she felt far from it. She wasnt sure she could really bounce back from this. It felt so far away, being happy again. She almost even felt bad that Aiastes had decided to come back to her now. But maybe he had found it needed with the way she was spiralling.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 5:44 pm

"Soon to be wife," he corrected the midwife, but he looked to the young human that he felt strongly connected to. "I'm afraid I'm a very weak man," he admitted. It seemed like she carried so much more strength than he had, and yet he was still willing to be there for her. He would give her only the best treatment, the best anything really. As long as it meant that she would be happy again some day. Of course even the lord of dreams had limitations, but he wanted a good life for her. He then reached down, touching her hand softly, "I've promised myself to her, but I haven't been good at showing it," he said, his eyes soft when he looked to the woman whom he cared for.
Once the midwife left, they had a whole slew of flyers and papers that they could look through when they had the time. "I am sorry," he spoke rather genuine. It wasn't often the dream lord apologized, if ever, but he wanted to towards her. She was special in some regard, and had he had the ability to truly reflect over those feelings he would've probably found that she meant much more than just anyone he had ever encountered. "Do you actually want to be married to me?" He then asked, because somehow he found that hard to believe. But there was also something within him that hoped that the answer was yes.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 11:46 pm

The correction made the midwife raise her brows, before she realized that she had been rude to assume. “I’m sorry… and congratulations?” She narrowed her eyes before he admitted to being weak. “I mean, you’re handling this bery well. It must be terrible as a father to lose his child?” She asked, though Mari hadnt paid mind to most of their concersation, did that one bit not just pass her ears. Without thinking did she crush the loose petals in her hand, spreading a noce scent of rose, leaving a pulp of mashed petals in her palm. “It’s never too late to make up.” The midwife smiled and with that she left.
Mari was just looking at the pulp, smelling the sweet flower scent. It broke the cold smell of hospital and habd sanitizer that she came to dread. Aiastes apology didnt make her look up from the pulp that she had made with her own hands. Not that she hadnt heard it. But she was frankly a little delirious from her loss. Would she be the same? His question about marriage made her look up. She looked him dead in the eyes. “I dont know.” She said, shifting between his eyes before she looked down. “If I have to be honest. Completely honest. I want what I’ve lost. I want… to not feel so empty. It hurts. It feels like I’m bleeding and it wont stop. I cant… think of marriage when I’m not even sure I can withstand this pain for longer.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next