Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Mari

Mari

Full name : Mari Belle Godfrey

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 2:29 pm

She looked at him just as sad if not sadder because she wore her emotions on her sleeves. The question didnt make sense to her and she showed it. Protect her from what? He had never mentioned there being any danger. Unless he meant something else by that but it made no sense to her. She let go of his wrist and felt how he took her hand. His question about her feeling lead on however irritated her, and she couldnt shut up. “You told my parents that you were the father of my child. You said to me that you would act the part and be  what I needed!” She argued, because she couldnt believe him right now. “And then you tell me after all that it wont work out after all? That we would be better off as friends?” She asked, feeling the tears run down her cheeks. She began sobbing, shaking her head. “I… I-I wish I had never agreed to this silly arragement... I wish I had never met you!” She spoke from her hurting heart and as she began to cry, she woke up to tears in her eyes and small streaks down her cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

Full name : Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 2:49 pm

He frankly didn't know why he was just letting her yell at him. Perhaps because it was deserved, at least as he heard her point of view. However from where he stood he saw something different that had been his priority. She yelled at him of her wishes and something broke inside of him, his face turning stern and his eyes distant, "it's time to wake up." It was almost an order, and as she disappeared from his realm he was left behind once more. Her dream crumbling around him and he didn't even care. Instead of doing something smart, he went back to his work. She had wished she had never met him, so he would be sure to send someone that could make that happen for her.
A darkened shadow stood in the corner of her room, watching her with curious eyes. "Do you wish to have your wish come true?" An almost fragile voice asked, nothing threatening besides the fact that the entity had come in here without permission. "Do you truly wish that you had never met the Dream Lord?"
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 3:12 pm

She sat up, drying her eyes, whimpering softly to herself. The shadow surprised her as it spoke, making her feel goosebumps all over as the question felt so cryptic that she didnt even know what to answer. The question was elaborated and she sniffled and rubbed her eyes, staying quiet for a moment as she thought about it. “No.” She said, however she gripped her duvet as she did have one wish. One horrible wish that she surely would come to regret. “I wish that I wouldnt have to sleep. Never again.” She whispered but her words felt true. She didnt even really know what it was that she was asking of this creature. She didnt even know the implications. She just didnt want to hurt anymore.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 3:18 pm

The creature simply nodded, and her wish came true in an instant. She would never have to sleep again, never have to enter the Formless Lands. However with it also came an empty feeling. Like a lack of creativity, almost how writers could have writer's block. The creature made its leave, disappearing into the shadows without a word of warning. It had had a simple job, and that was now performed, so it would have to report back to the King of Dreams. Not that he was delighted to hear of her wish, but he also wasn't sure if she knew exactly what she had wished for.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 3:26 pm

When the wish came true, she did feel like something had been taken out of her, leaving her hollow. She however got up and felt the urge to sleep now cease from existence. She chuckled a little but with how sad she was, was it almost melancholic. Had she messed up for good this time or would it work out? She didnt know.
Morning came eventually and off she went to work. There was nothing the first few days. But now not needing sleep, she felt a different exhaustion that she couldnt quite soothe. Her brain couldnt relax and she open found herself more irritable and mean. Her body also felt the exhaustion, and one night she laid down. Surely it hadnt been more than a joke. She closed her eyes but nothing happened. She laid there for hours, trying to sleep and it was no use.
In a fit of irritability, did she grab her jacket and move outside. She went far, to a park she didnt even know. She sat on one of the benches, watching the reflection of the moon in the water, though she zoned out a little, sitting in her own world.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 3:41 pm

Aiastes knew he had nothing to do with her anymore, but her wish had worried him a lot. A human was meant to sleep, to rest their eyes at the end of a long day. Was it then really that surprising that he had asked for an extra set of eyes to keep watch over her? Not really. Lucienne had no choice but to follow, though cloaked by the darkness she could watch her from a distance. Seeing her struggle to relax before eventually taking to the streets and ending up at the park. The bird watched her carefully before she did something she didn't usually do. Transforming into her humanoid shape she moved over, standing slightly to the side of her, gesturing to the bench as if to ask if she could sit down. If she could, she would sit down, though her movements weren't as elegant as they could be. It had been a while since she had had human legs.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 4:04 pm

She didnt realize that someone had been approaching her until there was a directed gesture at her. She turned her head to look at the bird lady, before she scoffed and shook her head. "You've got to be kidding me." she muttered, gesturing for the bird to do as she pleased. "Why are you here? I thought I made myself quite clear." she voiced her confusion, just still staring ahead with an exhausted look in her eyes. She couldnt rest like everyone else and while it was odd to not feel the tiredness that followed feeling sleepy, she felt a different tired, one that seemingly couldnt be soothed by anything at all. Not that she had been thorough in her search for ways to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 4:21 pm

Lucienne simply sat next to her, calmly looking out at the water. Her hair as always slicked back and her features sharp as if she still had her beak even in this form. She was silent for a while, not truly answering her questions before she spoke. "He's forbidden me to talk to you," she finally said, knowing she was going against her master, and that she would come to pay for it. Frowning she looked down, "but I fear my master might never recover." She was struggling with showing emotions, but it was clear she had something on her mind. A slight shrill in the back of her throat came forth as she cleared it with a small cough. "He has stopped making new dreams .. he has isolated himself in his chambers .. nothing is as it should be."
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 4:56 pm

"But he has told you to keep an eye on me?" she asked because that at least was what she could figure out from her being here. Her fear made Mari frown lightly as she looked at the raven. Recover from what? She didnt think that it was her doing. It had to only be a relief that she couldnt sleep so he had to see her? Lucienne spoke of what was happening with the Lord of Dreams and Mari just shook her head. "No, that's not my fault." she said in a sure tone, looking at her with a frown. "I made my wish for both of us. He'll get over it." she refused to take the blame for his isolation. "He cant just do that right? He has to keep it intact and work on it?"
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 5:15 pm

Lucienne shrugged, as she felt like that wasn't truly relevant to her talking to her as of right now. The raven had no need to converse with her and yet there was a hope that maybe Mari had the secret to help her master within. As she asked if it was possible she hummed, "The Eternals have before had one of their own step away from their duties .. it creates an imbalance within all realms in this universe," she spoke softly, looking out to the water, "bad things happen when they do .. just as bad things happen when they fall in love; it is a force put upon them by the universe," - "they cannot be selfish, they cannot linger, they must constantly work to serve." It was so clear from how Lucienne spoke that she held her master in very high regard. That she in some way truly admired what he did. "He confided in me that he wished to be with you, but I reminded him of his duties, as did his siblings .. and now it seems he has neither you nor his duties."
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 1:26 am

It surprised Mari a lot that the raven spoke freely of something that sounded like it was some deep secret. But Mari listened, even if she felt a little helpless in the situation. If Aiastes had been more transparent with her, then maybe she wouldnt have reacted as she did. Even so, it didnt come as a surprise that the ancient had had responsbilities and rules to uphold. She looked down, her hands in her lap, fiddling a bit with her fingers. “I’m sorry. I dont think I can help. I cant dream anymore.” She said, shrugging lightly. Would she had wanted to help if she could? Most probably. She had a good heart. Even if it would get herself hurt in the process. “You’d have to make him come here if you want me to talk to him.” She said, frowning at her own words before she looked down.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 6:51 am

She was right, she couldn't dream, but there was something else she could do. Lucienne took out the pendant that Aiastes had given her to sleep better. "His sand is within this pendant," she said, looking at it as she wondered if this would be a wise idea before she looked to Mari, "it can put even a vampyre to sleep." But first they had to get Mari somewhere that wasn't just a park. Lucienne got on her feet, nodding for her to lead the way. They needed to act as quickly as they could, because the raven was starting to lose hope.
Once they were at Mari's apartment, Lucienne locked the door and closed the windows while the human got comfortable. Once everything was ready, the raven would come to her, sitting down on the bed next to the human. "You'll have a finite amount of time within the Formless Lands; you'll need to focus and follow the string that connects the two of you," meaning the bond they had formed while they had been together. "Convince him to seek you out in the waking world before the time runs out .. he can set everything right with your sleep."
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 11:29 am

She grabbed the pendant and looked at it. It didnt feel wise to go against what had been wished, but somehow, she felt that it was necessary. She looked at it, frowning lightly. It had helped her so many times. But how did Lucienne have it? She didnt ask that question as they got up and went back to Mari’s apartment. She had a half cup of tea that was beyond cold now waiting for her by the nightstand. She just laid down in bed with her clothes on, waiting for the raven. When she joined her and explained, Mari nodded. “I’ll try. I dont think he’ll listen. But I’ll try.” She said. Why would he listen to her after all the mean things she said? She wasnt sure, but there was no harm in trying. She put on the pendant before she exhaled deeply. Surely enough, she fell asleep after a while, ending up in the dream world. “Now… the bond?” She reminded herself, looking around before she noticed something by her feet. A long string. Yeah, not sleeping had really taken a toll on creative freedom. She began following it, trying her hardest to stay focused. That was at least until she met the shadow that had been haunting her dreams before. “No… get out of the way!” She ordered it, but instead of obeying; it cut the string and she watched the other half move away. She tried to move but the shadow pushed her back before pointing at her stomach. She shook her head but it stepped closer before it rather roughly stuck it’s hand right in her stomach. Her eyes widened as she felt the pain, but also like something was going horribly wrong. She begged it softly, but then a crying was heard and she felt so hollow. The shadow held a child and began to back away. She looked down and her stomach was gone. She fell to her knees and began to cry softly. “Please help me Aiastes.” She whispered in a heartbroken tone. The shadow was simply walking away, the crying slowly fading out the further they got away. If there was no answer from the ancient would Mari finish her crying before she found the broken string and continued following it.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 8:02 pm

As she followed the string further after her encounter with the nightmare, she would soon find herself in the throne room that she had been shown once before. However this time around a stair leading down was visible to her at the foot of the throne. If she followed it down she would pass a plethora of visions never before seen by any mortal, the walls and ceilings painted with live stars. She would soon come upon a lake, its surface reflecting the stars all around it, but it was quite visibly a lake. Then she would feel a presence within the room with her. From the water rose the King of Dreams, though his eyes were glowing the same as the stars around him. "You were not meant to come here," he said, his voice cold and his face stoic as ever. "You best leave the way you came," he pointed towards the stairs. It was clear that something was off with him. That he could barely recognize anything or anyone for that matter, and yet his voice echoed strongly over the lake, bouncing against the walls and made the whole cave system vibrate.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 8:34 pm

She knew she was on a time limit, so she wouldnt be wasting her time, even if she was crying most of the way over her loss. It felt so real. And yet eventually she got over it? Or used to it? She didnt know. Arriving at the throne room, she saw the bew stairs, walking over to it to look down. She decided not to think too much of it and went down. The visions were odd and almost scary, so she closed her eyes as she made her way down. When she arrived, everything was so much for her to comprehend that it was like her mind put a filter over it to simplify it. She stayed back, gasping as Aiastes came up from the water. “Geez.” She whispered to herself. She frowned a little, hearing his words but she wouldnt do it just because he told her to. “I am here now. So you might as well talk to me before I’m gone.” She said before she showed the pendant around her neck. She stepped closer, looking a little wary of the water, “What’s that?” She asked rather than trying to figure it out herself.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 8:50 pm

That voice. That sweet voice that he longed to hear was truly here and so was she. He could barely say anything as she showed the pendant, feeling almost betrayed because he knew who had access to it. As she stepped closer, Aiastes held out his arm, stopping her from going too near. "It's the Pond," he just said, ushering her up the stairs as he followed. Even though he had been submerged in water just moments ago he was as dry as ever. Once they reached the throne room, his eyes were back to normal, the grey and fluid color betraying him in how hurt he was to see her. "What are you doing here? Your wish came true, did it not?" He felt confused in all of this, wanting answers and unsure if he even deserved them. Regardless he at least wanted an excuse to hear her speak. "You said you never wanted to see me again, that you wished you had never met me .. so why are you back here seeing me and meeting me?" She couldn't possibly have forgiven him. Not with how angry she had been.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 09, 2022 9:13 pm

She stopped as he motioned for it, but his answer sounded like a given. Yeah, it looked like a pond, but what did it do? Why was it here? And why had he been in it? She clearly had a lot of questions but she held onto them for now. He made her walk back up the stairs and back in the throne room, she felt like she could recognize everything once more. His question made her shrug lightly. “My real wish was not to hurt anymore.” She straight up admitted, rather than try to explain herself too much. “Uh…” she chuckled, looking away from him as she maybe was a little embarassed to admit it. “Humans have this really dumb thing where we often say things that we deep down dont mean? Especially when we’re hurt or sad or frustrated.” She explained, though surely he knew this already? “I have this empty pit in my stomach. Ever since I made that stupid wish. -I made a mistake.” She confessed, looking down as she fidled with her fingers. “A big mistake.”
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 6:44 am

As she explained herself he simply looked at her as the stairs to the watery cave disappeared as if it had never been there in the first place. She spoke, and while he knew of these things, he wasn't good at understanding every strange action of a mortal. She confessed to making mistakes but the eternal shook his head, reaching out to touch her cheek. "I was leading you on," he admitted, maybe he hadn't realized it at first, but thinking it through he had seen his actions in retrospect. His thumb caressed her cheekbone, looking at her with so much care and a bit of regret as well. "I was fooling myself .. pretending like I didn't have my responsibilities .. that we were starting a family .. that we could love each other," he had wanted it all to be true, but deep down he had also known that it couldn't be as he had been pretending. "You are a mortal, and while I could take a wife it would not be an easy feat .. you would be trapped; tied to me and my realm; and you would hate me for it."
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 10:41 am

He shook his head and she frowned a little at the confession. Had he really taken her harsh words to heart? She felt bad, looking down, though she let him touch her. He continued to speak and she wasnt sure whst to say. She did want to disprove him in what he said, because to her it felt like such a guess compared to what they had really gotten to experience so far. “You dont really know if I would hate you. You just think so.” She argued, looking up at him with vulnerable eyes. She lifted her hand to place over his. “You talk about love and being a family, but we barely lasted a month.” She said. Yeah, she had thought about it a lot. “-But you wont really even let me love you. You push away whenever I get too close, but you always find a way back whenever you feel it’s safe for you again.” She said, switching between his eyes, wondering if she was hitting spot on. Her voice was calm and kind, she was not trying to corner and confront him. “What’s so unsafe for you about being loved Aiastes?”
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 11:08 am

But he knew that she would come to resent him. Everyone he had ever pursued had ended up furious with him because he was either deeply involved with his duties, or simply wasn't attentive enough. Not something he had ever not been with Mari, but she just felt different. She held his hand there on her cheek and she was spot on. Of course she was, because he knew just how brilliant her mind was. He remained silent until she finally asked the question that he felt too much of a coward to face. And yet he wanted to be strong and tell her the truth this time around. "Because I am neither mortal nor immortal; I am not of your realm or time; I am a wanderer who creates dreams and twist the reality of my realm with ease," he said, though he knew that those answers would not sooth her needs. It would not fully answer her question. "As such, it would be unwise to have a weakness - especially a wonderful and beautiful young mortal woman who could so easily be taken from me," he spoke with so much hurt in his eyes, that perhaps it seemed endless. "From the brief time we have known one another we have had interactions that shouldn't have happened, and yet they did," he admitted, looking down as he felt a lot of regret for how selfish he had been. He looked back to her, his free hand moving down to her side, pulling her a little closer. Even now he was doing what he shouldn't, and yet he found it liberating and inspiring.
The throne room around them started filling with flowers of all kinds, growing and vines twisting in all directions. "You make me want to dream, though I am not meant to," he admitted, and he knew it was unwise to keep her here much longer. He needed her to wake up so that she could be in the waking world where she belonged. "Tell me how we are supposed to have a happy ending when we cannot even remain in each other's realms long enough to satisfy us?" But her answer would disappear as she was drawn back to the waking world where Lucienne sat a little confused, perhaps even hopeful.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 23, 2022 12:57 am

He may have been right, that he was a wanderer and therefore were they never meant to be together. But she saw it differently. But it wasnt really answering the question she had asked. Which he seemed to pick up on rather quick with words that made her frown. She didnt know what to say. Could she really tell him that he was wrong? Would that be rational? Not really. Because she didnt know. Sure, she could be taken from him and quite easily too. But she found herself too ordinary to be someone who stood out in any way. Even if she was someone who was pursued by the Lord of Dreams himself.
He pulled her closer even when he spoke words that were meant to push her away. What was she to make of that? His confession made her eyes soften up, shifting between the silver eyes. She could feel her grasp on the dream world slowly loosen too, which was odd when she used to never be aware of when she'd wake up. It felt almost bitter. She sat up as soon as she woke up, gasping softly. She placed a hand on her stomach to breathe out in relief. Looking down she sighed deeply. "Lucienne?" she called, looking at the raven if she had remained there. Hopefully so. "I want to make a wish. To the wish creature." she muttered, feeling that she was asking for a lot. But she had made up her mind.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 23, 2022 10:55 am

Lucienne was by her side when she woke up, looking at the human with confusion, trying to calm her down from the gasp when she had awakened. The raven looked to her, the mutter as to see the wishing creature made her widen her eyes. "Are you sure that is wise?" She asked, though her role was not to say what the human could or couldn't do. Though she at least wanted Mari to make an informed decision so that she would know all of what could come of it. "A wish is never free .. you might have to give up something to make your wish come true," she warned her, but that was about her extent of knowledge as well. Sure, Lucienne was from the realm of sleep, but she did not know every creature and it's functions.
If Mari was still adamant of wanting to see the creature, Lucienne would walk over and open the window, looking back briefly at the human before transforming into her true form. The raven cawed at her before it flew out the window. For a while the apartment was left silent as the human was alone, however soon a dark and looming shadow appeared. It had no real form, besides the eyes that were staring at Mari. It didn't speak, simply awaiting what the human had to say.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 23, 2022 11:54 am

“I dont know. I’m just a stupid human compared to you.” She shrugged. But being stupid wouldnt change her mind. The warning was fair. She hadnt thought anything ever was free either way. Maybe kindness? Kindness didnt cost a thing. “I’m sure.” She told the raven. It would have been a good idea to ask the raven for advice or get someone else’s thoughts. And yet she felt that this kind of decision was really only something she could make if she made it up with herself and no one else. She was left alone but not for long.
When the dark shadow appeared, she felt a cold shiver down her spine. But she still corrected her posture, grasping hard at the duvet. “You may not agree with what I’m about to do. Or maybe you dont care. But it’s my turn to be selfish. And do what’s best for me.” She said, looking down as she felt silly. She felt tears form in her eyes, before she lifted her head to look at the eyes that were looking at her. “I wish… I wish that…” she felt her lip tremble before her eyes hardened a little. “I wish that my child will be the son of the Lord of Dreams. That Aiastes will be the father whole and true.” She finally spoke without a tremble in her voice. She just couldnt let him go.
Back to top Go down
Aiastes

Aiastes

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 23, 2022 4:14 pm

The creature did not speak, its eyes looking at her with an emptiness to them. It was clear it cared not for anything but hearing her wish. The wish however would not be an easy feat without a price. Just as in the dream it pointed towards the stomach, before she would start to feel an immense cramping. What she had wished was basically for the current child in her belly to die, and she would have to live with that fact. However no seed could be planted within her. Her wish came true in that sense. Only the Lord of Dreams could father her children from now on, but this child's life was snuffed, another shadow appearing to take a small light with it. The exchange had happened and the wish maker looked at her as if there was something else she had to wish for. If she wasn't in too much pain to even register what was going on.
Back to top Go down
Mari

Mari

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 23, 2022 4:33 pm

She wasnt sure what she had expected but as the shadow pointed towards her stomach, her eyes widened. The cramping began rather mercilessly and she screamed and cried out in pain. She curled up and wrapped her arms around her stomach, though she couldnt just reach inside of herself and stop the cramping; but she wished that she could. She somehow got to her phone and alerted her parents who came and picked her up. She was taken to a hospital and not more than a few hours later was the child out. Though the sight was rather terrible, making the midwife faint before she woke up horrified and crying. It wasnt a child, it was a shriveled up black mass that maybe once had been a child. Had it stayed within her would it had taken her with it. To be sure was she kept in the hospital and given antibiotics. But she felt empty. Not just in the sense that the wish shadow had given her with her first wish. But as if something was missing, something that couldnt be replaced. One day had she snuck up on the roof of the hospital. Gotten a hold of some cigarettes and some small bottles of alcohol. She wasnt pregnant anymore, so why care? She drank the bottles and not having been drunk in a long while, was it hitting her hard. She started crying again. Though, she was sure she hadnt done anything else but cry these last few days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep   Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreaming a dream as someone who hates dreams but needs sleep
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next