Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

So much for a quiet life

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Cesare

Cesare

Full name : Cesare Leone

So much for a quiet life - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 10:24 am

Alyssa knew this wasn't Baal, the way he seemed so blank in his eyes. How his body seemed almost twisted when he spoke of being hungry and needing power. This was so far removed from who he really was, grabbing his wrist. "If you give in, you will lose everything," she warned him in a stern and cold voice. She knew the artifact could care less about emotions, and she wasn't showing hers, but she knew that Baal would care. "You will lose your family, you will lose your children and your love," she warned him. Breathing out she shook her head, still holding on even if he wanted her to let go. She was still rather stronger than him, even if he had a few souls in him. He was famished from the weeks of starvation, and she had maintained a good diet of souls, as per the rules of her order. "The more you consume, the weaker the real you becomes ... I know this," she said in a serious voice. She had let her hatred for Simeon consume her, making her own self become too weak. Perhaps it wasn't completely the same as Baal was going through right now, but she wanted him to know it wouldn't be worth it. "If you do this, you will become a monster," she said, looking in to his green eyes, a feature they both shared.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 3:35 am

Her warnings did get to him in some way, but could a few words of hardspoken reality really dull down the luring speakings of power and security? The artifact was afterall lodged in his heart, feeling the pumps of warm blood to fuel the body that was his - All while it read his mind, his deepest desires and greatest fears. He looked at her hand around his wrist, deep frown on his brows while his breath seemed almost steady in a way that said that he had already made up his mind, “Since when have you ever started caring?” He asked in spite, trying to get back his wrist but she clearly had no intention of letting him.
Her words made him look away from her as he clenched his jaw. He knew if he chose this path there wouldnt be a way back to normal - Everything would change. But the whispers seemed so real. He heard the faint cries from the baby that had haunted his nightmares, but now it was matched perfectly with the memory of Saoirse’s cries in the night. “Wasnt it you who wanted a strong leader?” He then asked while he looked at her with serious eyes. It was all a ploy from the artifact, playing out the scenarios from the woods, the memory of Alyssa holding Buffy before the soul-binding.
He gritted his teeth and pulled at his wrist, hopefully getting it free from her grip. “You’re either with me or take your leave! I dont need a moral lesson, I need someone I can trust!” he exclaimed, frowning a little when he didnt feel like he was speaking his own words anymore. He swallowed hard and looked at the ground. “Can I trust you not to tell her?” He asked, but he didnt know that those words were the last of his own from this point.
Back to top Go down
Cesare

Cesare

Full name : Cesare Leone

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 8:58 pm

It felt like speaking to a brick wall, but it was clear that the artifact had manifested itself more than Alyssa had hoped it would. Gritting her teeth she looked into Baal's eyes, because he was right. She cared so little at this point and she thought that the only reason keeping her here was because he was her blood. However if he truly didn't want her there, why had he texted her? Why had he insisted on it being her and not some other daemon, or maybe even that werewolf friend of his? She shook her head in an attempt to clear her thoughts. Then that stupid word came again. Strong. She knew she was strong, so why was the artifact tempting her like this. It was clearly not Baal speaking at this point, and she was starting to wonder what she was going to tell her son. That his father had lost his battle with the artifact, and that the kid now was left in the same position as Amos had been so many years ago?
However then he started yelling, and it was as if something clicked in her, letting go of the daemon in a fast movement and getting some distance between them. She could feel the wrath inside of him, and it was far from anything she wished to partake in. Scoffing at his question she shook her head. "Oh, I'll do worse than that - I'll tell your little girl what a monster her father has become; But it will only be for her own protection," she hissed in a spiteful voice before exiting the abandoned station.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 9:22 pm

He wasnt sure what he had expected to gain from yelling but it wasnt really his mind making sensible decisions at this point. He just frowned and looked away at her hiss, though it would have forced a reaction under any other circumstances, he seemed to have nothing to say to her at all. “Do what you must,” he just said, not looking at her as she made her leave. He just went deeper into the abandoned station and looked around at the people who had gathered, old young and homeless, all of them seeking shelter from the cold. He was supposed to feel bad for them, but he felt nothing. He went to a wall that was poorly lit by a electrical lantern that flickered, looking at the mark on his hand before he looked at the dust-covered bricks in front of him. The last thing he could recall was tearing up the mark and the faint echos of screams following.

It had been a few weeks, but despite what he had done, he had kept his promise of coming home to his family. Clearly something wasnt the same, he was strong as he had been before and something completely different about him was the fact that he didnt even seem worried about the artifact in him anymore, like suddenly everything had fallen into place and fixed itself after that one night. Obviously he disappeared whenever the artifact craved souls and it wasnt scarce. On the news there had been faint mentions of odd happening in the abandoned parts of the pipes, warning people to stay away while the police investigated - Though it didnt really keep people away. Amos was staying over more than usual, but that was because he had demanded of his mother to know what Baal had been doing on that night. He looked at his father with suspicious eyes to most of what the summoner did, like he was looking for a hole in the facade that had suddenly appeared. As much as he tried to keep it hidden, he was more protective of Saoirse than usual whenever Baal were around.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 9:40 pm

Buffy was worried. She wasn't blind and she knew more than she led on. Every time Baal would come over she would try and smile, but inside she was deeply worried. Worried because he seemed like he was doing better, but she would have to be blind to ignore what had been going on.
They were all in the living room, Saoirse already the size of a toddler, and she was trying to walk around, however guided mostly by furniture as well as Amos, whom almost never left her side. "Ba-ba," she called out, looking at Amos as she giggled. She called everyone ba-ba at this stage, but both Connor and Amos held on to the strong claim that it was their nickname from the small toddler. Buffy sat silently, biting her lower lip as she was holding Baal's hand in hers. She was trying not to cry like she truly wanted to, leaning her head against his shoulder as she closed her eyes. "I miss you," she whispered, but it sounded almost like a broken record at this point. She knew he was there, but it felt like he was always somewhere else in his mind. "Saoirse tried eating pasta the other day, and poor Connor got ketchup all over his shirt," she chuckled softly, biting back the pain she felt in her heart. He was missing from her days, some days she woke up almost not wanting to get out of bed, but Saoirse kept her going. The child was a reminder of the love they shared. Or that she at least still hoped that he had for her. Buffy could feel her throat hurting, holding back her sobs, so she decided to let go of Baal's hand, sending him a small smile, excusing herself to go make some tea.
As she stood there filling the kettle she felt a few tears escaping her eyes and drawing fine lines down her cheeks. Taking deep breaths helped a bit as she placed the kettle on the burner. Her hands were shaking a bit as she just looked at the kettle. She was holding it together day to day, mostly because the little girl brought her so much joy, but getting a feeling of what she really wanted - Baal by her side in all of this - only to be ripped away hours later was hurtful.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 2:41 am

Amos wasnt sure how he really felt about the toddler if the bond had been stripped from them right in this moment. He had always hated kids, because to him they seemed like drooling blabbermachines, which was definitely how he would have viewed Saoirse before the bond. Now all he cared about was keeping her happy and healthy, but he also had to mind his studies. He always kept close to Saoirse, despite what he may have been doing. He tried to read his book sitting on the floor next to Saoirse, but as she called, it was like he was already ready for whatever request she may have, “You good?” He asked the toddler, gently tickling her side before he smiled softly at her.

Baal was looking at Saoirse as his hand rested in Buffy’s. It wasnt that he wasnt dumbfooled or blind to see what he was doing to the fenix, but it was safe to say that the artifact was making it all a nice distant blur to him. He turned his head to look at her at her whisper, lifting a hand to cup her face. He looked at her with soft eyes but he was as distant as he had been ever since coming back. He ran his thumb over her cheek before letting go, looking back at their daughter as she spoke of her. At first it didnt seem like he was really listening but then he scoffed and smiled, nodding a little. “Well since the boys are here, maybe filming her milestones would be a good idea,” he said.
He watched Buffy leave as she excused herself, sitting for a moment with his eyes lingering at the door before he got up. He then looked down at Saoirse and it was like that was enough to distract him from going. Amos noticed right away and frowned after a while. “Dad,” he said sternly, looking up at the daemon. “Go,” he then said, and Baal realized he was going somewhere. He went to the kitchen, tilting his head as he looked at Buffy, “Need help with your tea?” He asked, walking up to her as he wrapped his arms around her from behind. He inhaled her hair and then looked at her. “I have to leave again tonight,” he said in a soft tone, but he couldnt describe how the artifact was pulling and aching already.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 8:47 pm

Saoirse giggled as she got Amos' attention, waddling over to him and plopping down in front of him. She was content as long as she was close to him, and the same went with Connor. Sometimes even Buffy couldn't calm the little one, but the child fell asleep instantly in the boys' arms.

Buffy felt the tears escaping, trying to wipe them away as they appeared, but it only seemed to make more appear. Then she felt his safe embrace, the arms locking around her and the breath against her hair. Closing her eyes she sighed, wanting not to speak and just take in the moment. However the daemon dropped the bomb that she knew was inevitable. She hated this. Hated that he wasn't there when she really needed him. "Can't you just stay a night?" she pleaded, her voice in a whisper as to not show that she was crying. She moved her hands, holding on to his arms, hugging him closer to her. "Don't you miss me?" she whispered, frankly quite scared of what reply she could get. She wanted to hear him speak to her like he used to, hold her close and kiss her like he meant it, not just because he felt obligated to do so. "Do you still love me?" she pleaded to know, sobbing silently.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 9:30 pm

He knew that she wasnt going to be happy about him leaving, but he would rather tell her than just leave. Despite how blinding the artifact made him, he still deeply cared for the fenix though he wasnt quite there in the moment with her. "You know it's dangerous," he said in a calm tone as he felt her hands grab his arms, it felt like she was holding on to him in a clutch. Her whisper made him swallow though he didnt know what to tell her, it just didnt seem like anything would make sense. How could he show her what was happening inside of him? If there was a way, he would have done it already, so she could understand why he wasnt there for her. "I do love you. With all my heart," he said in a low soft tone, turning her as he placed a hand on her cheek, looking at her eyes before his eyes fell down and he placed his forehead against hers. "That's why I keep coming back to you," he whispered as he closed his eyes, running his thumb along her cheekbone, "I want to make sure you're safe. Both you and our daughter," he then said as he opened his eyes and moved his head away from hers. "Do you trust me?" he asked, tilting his head a little.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 10:07 pm

He kept saying it over and over, that it was dangerous, that he could harm her, but she just couldn't believe it. It felt so far removed from the daemon she knew and loved. However if her fears were true, then he was drifting away from who he used to be. He turned her around, a promise that said that he still loved her, but she felt like he wasn't saying it like he had done before the artifact. Perhaps she just needed to accept that. That things had changed and she could do nothing but be a bystander in all of this. His forehead was placed against her own, closing her eyes as she let him caress her cheek. It felt so comforting to be in his arms, just to feel his touch. "I know all you want to do is keep me safe, but I haven't felt safe since you left me," she admitted. She had started getting night terrors, horrible visions of possible futures that kept changing. Nothing was etched in stone of course, but she was scared out of her mind at some of the images she had seen. He leaned away, and as he asked her she frowned, looking down as if she didn't even dare look at him in fear of crying.
"I trust you, but I don't trust the artifact," she admitted. All she wanted was him by her side, to let them raise Saoirse together and let him be a part of this wonderful journey. "Please don't ask me to trust in what you are doing - Because I can't," she added, pleading again. Everything was hurting, her heart aching for her summoner to just realize that he was enough as he was. He was everything and more to her, and she wanted him to know that she loved him despite what he might've done.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 10:24 pm

He frowned as she admitted not feeling safe since he left. He should have known that he couldnt hide how he was changing, but the artifact was clouding most of his judgement since he let it have what it wanted. He opened his mouth to speak, but her addition made him close his mouth as he nodded. He sighed and looked away, "Buffy please," he begged her, but he seemed to have already accepted that she wouldnt and shook his head to let her know she didnt have to answer. He moved away and kept shaking his head. "I cant stay," he said rather seriously, frowning to himself as he placed a hand on the side of his head like he was zoning out for a bit. His frown disappeared and he smiled at her, "I promise things will get better," he said in that certain, almost alluring tone as he moved some hair from her face to look better at her features. "The artifact just wants to help us," he promised her, looking at that flame in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 10:46 pm

She couldn't tell what was going on half the time, but right now she felt robbed. Robbed of the life that they could have together as a small family. He pleaded, but all it did was make her frown, looking away as she had made up her mind. He spoke of leaving, and though she was frustrated, she never wished for him to leave. She hungered for him on a level she couldn't describe, but she knew it was because of the bond they shared. She was his, after all, and she felt sad that he couldn't accept it still. As his demeanor changed she looked at him, and then he said something that almost made her speechless. She gritted her teeth, folding her hand in to a fist before she pushed him away. "Belial, I am fighting for you, for us - and you dare say something so vile!" she said, her voice raising in volume as she looked at him. Her flames were weak, but the fury in them were bright. "The artifact is pulling you away from me! From Saoirse, and from this life we wanted to build together!" she was actively yelling now. She felt so frustrated as tears rolled down her eyes. Shaking her head at him she breathed out. It wasn't worth getting verbally loud, especially when their child was in the next room. "All I do is for her and you, but you don't see that because you are too busy killing," she whispered. Her voice was almost empty as she said those words. She hadn't wanted to believe it at first. She thought it was just a cruel joke, but the more she saw, the more she was convinced. "Maybe you are right; Maybe you are a danger to our daughter, but gods be damned, I can't turn off what I feel for you," she said, looking at him, her flames were still weak, as if something was pulling at her insides.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 11:11 pm

He let her push him away and just looked at her as she went on to yell, not seemingly bothered whether the child would hear them or not. He frowned a little when she spoke of the artifact and what it was doing to him, but he couldnt believe it. He was too intertwined in the whispers coming from the very thing they spoke about. It was like no matter what she said about it, it always had an explanation to twist things into something that made sense. That she didnt trust in it because she didnt see the picture as clear as him, things such as that made it's way to his mind and convinced him. "I'm killing to get stronger," he then said as calm as ever, knowing he was admitting to something he hadnt yet told her about. But it seemed that she had figured it out. "Do you want to do that?" he asked, narrowing his eyes a little at her. He wasnt sure what he was expecting her to say. "I didnt want you to know what I was doing, because I knew you would look at me diferent," he said with his brows furrowed a little but he wasnt mad. It was like the artifact wasnt allowing him to be angry, it just kept telling him that everything would fall into place, soothing every worrying thought that otherwise would have pulled at him.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 11:31 pm

It hit her. All her worries, all her nightmares hitting at once as he admitted to it. He even sounded proud. Feeling utterly surprised she shook her head at him. "I want to be with you, Belial, I want us to have a life, but you are pushing me away," she replied. She would never be without this feeling she had for him, because it made her hope that deep down he was still there. His words made her exhale, still frowning and she felt like she was getting a headache at this point. She reached out, taking his hand and moving it to her chest, letting him feel her heartbeat. It was weak. "Belial, I can't lose you now when I need you," she pleaded, her eyes watering again as she desperately tried to keep her mouth shut. Looking down, she felt ashamed to have put on this act for nothing. He was not going to step up, was he? "I'm dying," she whispered in a pained voice. She hadn't wanted him to worry, she wanted him to get better and then they could focus on her once everything was fine. "And it's at a point where ... I'm scared that Saoirse will grow up without either of us around," she whispered. Could he get it through his skull? Could he understand why she was fighting so hard? But most importantly, did he even care at this point?
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 11:51 pm

“I’m not pushing you away,” he argued but his tone was calm as ever as he looked at her. He let her guide his hand to her chest and as he felt her heartbeat, his expression changed and his hand pressed to her heart and he wrapped his other arm around her. “You’re dying?” He repeated, looking down at his hand as he felt her heartbeat so weakly and he didnt know what to say or do. Nothing the artofact whispered could cloud this or promise him anything. It was like he finally felt something he hadnt felt in a long while - The worry and dread that had been pushed away for so many weeks. “How?” He asked under his breath, swallowing hard before he shook his head. He didnt want to believe it. “But the binding... we did this to avoid this....” he whispered, shaking his head as tears started to run down his cheeks. “How can I stop this?” He begged, feeling the frustration spread inside him. He felt angry, angrier than he had been in a while, but it was anger towards himself for having been so blind.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 12:05 am

Buffy felt the change in him again, but at this point she was too scared to actually react much. She let him wrap his arm around her, feeling him press his palm firmly to her chest. It was seeing him thinking everything through that she felt her emotions run wild. She didn't want him to leave, because she knew her days were numbered. No-one really knew yet, but she could feel her life slipping away. "When we were bound, there was nothing in this world you wanted more than me ... While the bond would allow you to love any family or friend fully, lusting for something else could prove fatal to me," she said, feeling the dread of realization in her body. "There is no cure because you are set on getting something that is clearly more important than me," she whispered, reaching up to touch his face. He wouldn't change this fast, she just knew it, because the artifact had planted itself deeply within him.
"The bond we share is for eternity, but I am still a mortal, my love, and without you honoring our bond, I'll simply die," she said softly. The worst part was that she wasn't even angry. She was simply saddened that she had allowed him to drift this far away, and now she couldn't even be there for her daughter. "I don't feel like I'm ready to die yet - Not when I thought my life had just begun," she confessed, looking down to his hand. If it was power he wanted, he could have it, but it would mean her dying. And until he would realize what their bond meant, she would have to be reborn over and over again, dying too young and repeating a vicious cycle, while her daughter would grow up without her. "Belial, Saoirse is such a gentle girl ... She's too young to know what's going on, and she depends on me," she said, hoping he would hear her. "If you can't stray from the hunger you have for power, at least take care of your daughter," she said in a serious voice.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 12:33 am

He listened to her explain, but even then it was like the artifact was trying to soothe his anger and dread, tell him that it could save her and keep her safe from dying. He gritted his teeth and clenched hos hand that was over her heart, to then pull himself away from her. “But I love you... I’m doing this for us,” he said with a frown on his brows, he couldnt understand why what he was doing was killing her. He couldnt believe it. It had to be the artifact’s warning. “I cant let you die. I am of the blood that made the daemons that wander the streets. I wont let anyone take you from me,” he then said, shaking his head, convinced that there was something he could do.
Stricken with anger towards himself he felt like he couldnt breathe but how could you flee from what made you angry if that was yourself? He moved around for a bit, pacing around as if he expected to have the artifact tell him something useful. Clenching his fist he turned and slammed it into the wall, just to unleash some of the tension inside of him. He wasnt the kind to find comfort in physical reactions, but then again, he hadnt been himself for weeks. “No!” It bursted out of him with such power almost like he believed he could change things with bare words. “I wont let you die!” he said in almost a cold tone, moving his hand from a fist-formed dent in the drywall that made up their kitchen. He clenched his jaw and felt the wetness in his eyes blur his vision and yet he was almost steaming with anger.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 10:17 am

"You have convinced yourself that you do this because you love me ... But I don't believe it anymore," Buffy said. How could she believe when she was clearly dying. She let him pace around. Most of all he looked like a crazed animal. Looking over to the door she could see Saoirse waddling towards the kitchen, wanting to stop her and call for Amos to come and take her. However before she could say anything, Baal slammed his fist against the wall, making the toddler sit down in the door, looking up at her father.
Saoirse was a smart child, but she couldn't understand something like this. And when she saw how angry he was she started crying. Buffy walked to her daughter, picking her up and trying to soothe her, but the toddler was clearly scared at this point. "It's okay, it's okay ... Daddy is just as scared as you are," Buffy promised the toddler, but Saoirse kept crying. Her wails rather loud because of how scared she was. Buffy looked to her daemon. "You need to stop being selfish ... You need to think about her for a change," she said in a serious voice before she exited the kitchen. She walked around with Saoirse, trying to calm the child, but she was scared and fussing.
"Mommy is here ... I promise you you'll never be alone," she whispered, hugging her child close to her weak heart. Buffy couldn't stop her tears from falling down, but she hugged her child close, breathing in her sweet scent that could soothe her aching a bit. The fenix knew she would have to make a plan with Amos and Connor now; Baal was clearly not going to step up, but she hated giving the two young men such responsibilities. Buffy was standing in the nursery, looking at the small animals that she had painted on the walls, but it all felt like it was for nothing. "Mommy loves you so much," she whispered, kissing the toddler's head. Saoirse had calmed down somewhat, but was still crying and hiding her face away in her mother's chest.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 12:16 pm

He hadnt seen their daughter and the face he got once he heard that small thump followed by the wailing, his face changed into something horrified. He just stared at the wall as Buffy went to pick up the crying Saoirse. Amos came running but as he saw Saoirse with Buffy, he calmed down. He knew something was up with the fenix with her heart beating so weakly, but he couldnt know why. He then looked at his father who seemed as absent as he always had been since he came back. “Unbelievable,” he scoffed before he looked as Buffy left. Baal just kept staring into the wall and Amos felt so angry at him, angrier than ever because he felt like he was seeing a pattern. “You really just are a deadbeat,” he hissed before walking off. Buffy didnt deserve this, not by one bit. He ran a hand through his black locks and shook his head. Grabbing his phone he sent a text to his mother.

[Messages between Alyssa and Amos]
[Amos:] Can you please beat some sense into Belial before I do? He’s gonna kill someone if he keeps goin like this.

He looked up as he saw the tall daemon go for the door. He sent the text and shook his head. “Dont you dare,” he whispered as he went to try and stop him. He grabbed his arm and tried to yank him back but the summoner wasnt weak anymore, and the unholy energy seemed to flow through his system as Amos felt the blisters form on contact. He just gritted his teeth and kept his grip, small grunts leaving his lips. “Let go,” Baal said in that different tone. “No,” Amos assured him but as thr summoner turned to look at his son, Amos felt weird because he knew it wasnt his father in control anymore. The summoner lifted his marked hand just to place it on Amos’ face and a worse pain couldnt have hit him in that moment. He screamed as he let go and waddled back to hold the affected area but touching it made the pain even worse. “She’ll kill you,” Amos whispered in horror once he realized how his mother might react, but it hurt so much that he didnt care to say it for Baal to hear. He waddled to the kitchen and tried to look for something that could clean the wound and then he heard the front door close. He grit his teeth in pain and anger but there was nothing he could do.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 1:04 pm

Buffy heard the commotion between Baal and Amos, but her priority was to keep Saoirse safe, holding the child close to her as she sat down in one of the comfy chairs in the nursery. "I'm so sorry," she whispered to her child, holding her close as she tried to calm her down. Saoirse was fussing, crying louder because she could sense that Amos was hurting, but as a small child all she could do was cry. "Ba-ba," the small girl cried, wanting to get to him. Buffy couldn't let her child wander around freely when Baal was clearly still in the house. The pure horror of the girl's face was not something that Buffy would ever be able to forget. She felt like the worst mother ever, closing her eyes as she hid away her face in Saoirse's fine blonde locks.

As soon as the text popped in, then Alyssa knew that she had to head right over. She was lucky to be in the area already, so she caught up to Baal as he was walking across the front lawn. "Don't you fucking dare," she said, grabbing Baal and instantly feeling the pain from the artifact. However she cared so little for her own pain at this point, grabbing a good hold of him and managing to pin him to the ground. "Amos! Are you alright!?" she called, struggling to keep the summoner down. She could feel the burns spread across her skin, but she would be damned to let him leave if he had hurt her son. She could here the sounds of the child crying, shaking her head as she looked at her brother. "There isn't a lot of honor among daemons, but blood means something; At least to me," she hissed, needing to let go, but she wouldn't let the summoner leave. "Can't you hear that child crying? Can't you hear how your own blood is calling out to be comforted, and you are just leaving again?" she scoffed, placing a hand over one of the big blisters that seemed to burn her skin. "You're turning in to Simeon," she hissed angrily, mostly because she had seen how Simeon had changed with power.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 2:21 pm

He hadnt expected Alyssa to show up so when she grabbed him, he hadnt had the time to react before she pinned him to th ground. He gritted his teeth as the artifact seemed to glow, making him struggle against her grip. Amos heard his mother but he felt ashamed to go and show her what had happened to him. His face seemed almost disfigured and he did worry that he would look horrifying for the rest of his life, but luckily it would wash off like when Trent had helped him. He searched for the anti-septic, grunting in pain as he heard Saoirse cry. He could feel her reach out in their bond, but he didnt want her to see him all covered in blisters and burns.

“Nothing can stand in my way now,” Baal said with an angry frown, but it was so far fetched from his own words. He needed to get on his feet again, fulfill the need that the artifact was hungering for - The souls. He wouldnt let Alyssa or anyone stop him anymore. “Simeon was weak. I’m not,” he mumbled before he bit his hand to let the blood flow. He started smearing it on the ground but it wasnt his mark, it was just a bunch of ancient daemonic symbols from the deep archived within the temple. His marks seemed to flare up the more he got to draw with his own blood. “She thinks she’s dying. But I’ll make her strong too,” he mumbled in his craze.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 3:36 pm

Buffy couldn't calm her child, as she kept fussing, wanting to go to where Amos was. She got up, carrying the child with her, and saw Amos trying to search for the anti-septic - or at least she presumed that seeing as he was covered in blisters. Saoirse was looking at him, but she was more concerned with being close to him than how he looked. "Ba-ba," she said, reaching out for him. Buffy sighed, placing the toddler down on the floor where she quickly crawled towards her brother. The fenix walked to a cabinet, opening it and finding the anti-septic rather easily, having noted that it helped last time around. "I'm so sorry," she pleaded at Amos, but she wanted to help him. If he let her, she would make sure to clean off the blisters, making his skin tender still, but healing none the less. Saoirse was tugging at Amos, not understanding of what was truly going on. Buffy looked at her daughter and then at Amos. "I'm going out there ... He isn't himself; Protect her, please," she pleaded. She was dying either way, so in her mind, it was best for her to go out there either way. She leaned down, kissing Saoirse's small forehead, breathing in her scent as to gather courage. "I love you so much, never forget that, mommy loves you," she whispered. She knew that Amos could hear her, but she didn't care what he would think. It sounded like a goodbye, but she dearly wished it wasn't.

Alyssa looked at her brother at he started drawing those markings. "You fool - She's not ill! You are the one killing her!" the empusa yelled in anger. Those markings were purely unholy, she could read them, but she didn't understand. She couldn't have. It was like the words were all one big jumbled up mess. Buffy came out, looking at the scene she gathered her courage. "Belial!" she called out for him. She didn't know if he would even react to her at this point. She placed a hand over her heart, feeling how it was getting harder and harder for it to pump blood around. "Belial, please stop!" she pleaded, moving closer to him. Couldn't he see that he was hurting her? Alyssa held out her hand, signaling Buffy not to come closer, but as always the fenix defied all orders. She stepped closer, taking the hand that was writing the words, looking at Baal in the hopes that he would look at her. Her flames were almost extinguished at this point. "Please ... Please ... Stop now," she whispered, leaning her forehead against his arm.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 4:55 pm

Seeing Buffy appear with Saoirse made Amos frown, because he didnt want to scare the toddler and he felt like he would. But it seemed that Saoirse was just in need of being close to him. As Buffy found what he needed and seemed to want to help him he let her, but he didnt like feeling lile someone who needed help. The antiseptic made him clench his jaw as he grabbed onto the counter but feeling the tender skin being allowed to breathe was soothing. He drew in a few deep breaths and tried to keep calm. “I’ll protect her,” he assured her as he picked up the toddler to rest on his arm that hadnt been infested with blisters just a second ago. He frowned at her words and wasnt sure what to say when it seemed like a goodbye. He looked down at Saoirse, and a part of him wished that she would have slept through all of this. “You’ll be safe,” he whispered at her, kissing her temple which was rather unlike him, but the whole caretaker thing may have opened a soft spot in his heart for his baby sister.

Alyssa was right, but he didnt want to believe it. Or the artifact didnt want him to, so it twisted and turned his mind to fit it’s agenda which it claimed to be to save the fenix. He wanted to finish the symbols which in itself was the worst idea when not even the priests had figured out what the symbols stood for. He heard Buffy’s call but he just continued even as she pleaded and begged for him to stop. It was only when she took his hand that he looked at her again and he felt her heartbeat even weaker. Tears formed in his eyes as she leaned her forehead onto his arm and his bloodied hand went limp. He hadnt had many letters left and it was only good that he stopped. Amos stepped out with Saoirse in his arms, his face stern with anger towards his father though it was clear that he had been affected by the unholy power when Baal touched his face. He looked shamelessly down when he saw his mother there as well.
“How can I stop this?” He pleaded under his breath as his hand touched Buffy’s face. The artifact was getting impatient, wanting the souls it had been fed for weeks. “It’s too strong. I, I cant deny it what it wants anymore,” he whispered, his jaw quivering as he was clearly struggling. He had seemed so strong and determined, but all that had been as long as the artifact got what it wanted. Connor appeared in the distance, treading his bike as fast as he could after he had felt Saoirse’s sadness. He jumped off his bike and widened his eyes at the scene ahead. “I ummm..... I told Xander...” he admitted as he scratched the back of his head, but then he went over to Amos and Saoirse, looking at Amos, he seemed to understand the situation or why Saoirse had been fussing.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 5:14 pm

Saoirse was more calm when she was in Amos' arms, but she always felt like it wasn't complete. The toddler looked around, searching for her other bond, but she couldn't spot Connor anywhere. The young trybrid then rested her head against the daemon's chest, still crying a bit at being scared.

"Shhh ... Please love ... It's alright," she whispered. It wasn't alright, but she wanted Baal to calm down. She wanted him to stay himself for as long as he could, because she needed him. "Tell me that you love me - I just want to hear it," she pleaded. She didn't even know if it would do anything, but she longed to belong with him again. To have him hold her close and whisper sweet words in her ears. Tears were running down her cheeks as she tried to focus on looking at his eyes. She was shaking slightly, mostly because her body was so weak. "Because I have always loved you; Fully and truly," she admitted. Even when they had tried to just stay friends, she had known. Known that she was to belong with him, even if it killed her. She smiled softly as her body leaned against his, closing her eyes as it seemed like even that was exhausting. "I'm sorry I couldn't do more ... That I wasn't enough for you," she whispered. Her heart was having a harder time keeping up at this point.

Saoirse started crying again, reaching for her mother, but Buffy had instructed on the girls safety, so letting her come near would be dangerous. The young child wanted to go to it's parents, wanted to comfort them, without knowing any consequences.

Alyssa looked at it all, frowning slightly as she saw her son with the small child in his arms. She could feel the life of the fenix slip away.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 6:50 pm

Baal shook his head as she said it was alright - Was he supposed to believe that it was alright that she was dying? He wrapped his arms close around her and held her close, and just then it was like the artifact was slowly losing it's grip on him, but it wasnt without it's cost. His heart was aching as it was slowly feeding on him instead now when he wasnt meeting the demands. "I love you. With all my heart," he pleaded, pressing her close to him as he cried. He could feel how weak she was but he couldnt even be angry at himself at this point. His focus was all on her and how he suddenly realized he had missed having her this close. "Dont be sorry," he begged her, cupping her face gently between his hands. "You've always been all I needed," he whispered, kissing her forehead in a tender kiss, but as calm as he tried to be, he was hurting and the artifact wasnt helping. "And you always will be," he mumbled, knowing he was going around in circles, but he wanted to be sure she knew. He leaned in to kiss her lips as he had so many times before this mess and his grip around her tightened a little, like he was afraid to let go of her.

Amos just held the toddler close to him as he tried to comfort her but he couldnt fulfill her wish and bring her to her parents. "You cant," he told her in a sorrowful tone, caressing her back though he knew it wouldnt help much. Connor moved closer to Amos and Saoirse, wrapping his arms around the both of them, which made Amos frown but he knew it was for Saoirse's sake.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 7:46 pm

Buffy felt her body going more and more limb, but she could feel him pull her closer. Her heart was but a faint murmur at this point as she barely reacted to his sweet lips against her forehead. The corners of her mouth pulled up in a faint smile, her heart finally gave up as he placed his lips against hers. It was as if the whole world went quiet, even the birds stopped chirping.

Saoirse couldn't understand, but she knew something bad had happened, wailing for her mother. Even as soothing as having her bonds this close at the same time, it was nothing compared to the maternal bond being broken. The toddler was inconsolable, weeping and pulling at both Connor and Amos to let her get over to her.

Alyssa swallowed as she couldn't hear the heart of the fenix anymore. Walking closer to Baal that still clutched on to the corpse she looked at the marks on the ground. Placing a hand on her brother's shoulder she looked at the fenix. "She didn't deserve this," she mumbled. Even if she cared little about the fenix, she knew when injustice had happened. And today was not a day where justice had been served. Alyssa let go of the summoner's shoulder looking at the markings, squatting down as she read them. The cogs were turning inside her head. "Would you do anything to bring her back?" she asked suddenly. She was being rather serious, not even a hint of sarcasm in her voice. She looked at the markings once more. "The artifact sits well in you, it's roots deep within your heart; but you can still cut down a tree even if the roots are sturdy," she said, looking at Baal to see if he was catching her drift. It wouldn't be easy. What she was suggesting was basically sacrilegious, splitting the artifact in half in the hopes of trapping Buffy's soul in the body. Hoping that it would be enough to bring her back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

So much for a quiet life
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Western District :: Western living quarters :: Warren Crescent-
Jump to: