Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
So much for a quiet life - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
So much for a quiet life - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
So much for a quiet life - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
So much for a quiet life - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
So much for a quiet life - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

So much for a quiet life

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

So much for a quiet life - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 9:39 pm

Buffy smiled softly at Connor as he spoke, placing a hand on his before looking down. "Please don't tell your mother, she will freak out," she breathed out. The last thing she needed was for her aunt to put more blame on Baal before she herself had even gotten a chance to talk everything through. She looked at Amos, understanding where the anger came from, especially seeing his face still red from the burning blisters. Buffy wished she could do something about it, say anything to mend what had been broken, but once again she fell short of words. Baal decided to express his gratitude, or rather their joined gratitude towards all the hard work they had put in to everything with Saoirse. As Amos sounded angry Buffy frowned, but she nodded once more. "We know ... We know you do it for her and not for us," she said in a serious voice. She wished she could say something that would make it all okay. "I know that I'm not a perfect mother, but having you around makes me step my game up; It makes me better because I want Saoirse to grow up and be just as strong as the two of you are," she said. She felt like she was opening up for one of her vulnerabilities. The fear of not being a good enough mother had been in her since she found out she was pregnant, and with time it had seemed to manifest itself in her. "Just know that we are grateful that Saoirse have you two in her life, that without you I wouldn't have that sweet girl run around and be happy all the time," she said, looking from Connor to Amos.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 10:19 pm

“My lips are sealed,” he promised her, looking at her hand. He had always thought of Buffy as his elder and with that came a lot of respect. Though they werent far apart in age difference, it had just always been Buffy and Xander as the oldest of the children while Connor and Tessa would walk in their heels like minions. But that was when they were kids and now they were older with responsibilities. Connor hadnt ever expected to be protecting and nursing a child, but it was what it was. Frankly he was happy to actually get to do something helpful for the family. It wasnt a secret that he had aspired to become as good as Xander when it came to medical care.
Amos noticed Buffy’s frown but it wasnt going to soothe his anger. He listened to Buffy as she explained and so did the two others. Baal looked at her with worried eyes when she spoke so lowly at herself. Connor shook his head, “It’s what family do. We help each other out, even if we claim it’s for one reason and not a million others merged as one,” he said, which made Amos look at him with the frown, the daemon was not up for his optimistic mood-lightening speech. Connor looked at him with calm eyes before looking at Buffy. “Saoirse didnt cry for nothing today. She needed both of her parents and you both came. That’s something that should matter,” he then said, taking a sip of his tea. Amos clenched his fist at Connor’s words. “He’s right,” the daemon admitted in an annoyed tone before he sighed deeply. Baal touched Buffy’s cheek carefully before taking her hand. He was still exhausted, more so on the belief that Amos would have started an argument.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 10:33 pm

Buffy smiled at her cousin. It was nice to feel like people were still on her side, even though she had let Baal back in the house after what had happened. However she told herself that what he had done hadn't been him, but the artifact controlling him. She felt Baal's soft caress, entangling their fingers as he took her hand. "I need some sleep, and you look like you haven't slept for weeks," she said, looking at Baal. Perhaps that was the best starting point right now; For everyone to get a good nights sleep, and then speak more in the morning. She looked to Amos. "You are of course also welcome to sleep over if you need to ... It's not been an easy day for any of us, so I would understand if the two of you wanted to be close to Saoirse," she said. She couldn't claim to fully understand the bond that they had with her daughter, but she knew it made the child happy and safe. And Saoirse always slept the calmest when both boys were in the house.
Buffy got up, a bit unsteady on her feet, but it was the last few steps towards the bedroom that would be needed for her to get in to bed. She hoped Baal would join her, but would understand if he decided to stick behind with the guys for a while. Inside the bedroom she undressed, groaning softly as she felt like her whole body was aching, crawling under the duvet to get some heat. She felt like her bones were still cold, a feeling she wouldn't soon be able to shake, however she hoped she could warm herself up enough for her to be able to at least get some sleep.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 2:08 am

“I do feel like I havent,” he admitted, but it had been clear from the moment he stepped in that he wasnt as strong as he had been before - Which was probably why Amos hadnt demanded for him to leave right away. Amos didnt judge Buffy for letting the summoner back in, as her business was hers, as long as Saoirse wouldnt get hurt again. And he had noticed how she wasnt as weak as she had been, but he could also sense the unholy power in her. Nodding at her words, he did have the intention to stay but he kept a safe distance to the both of them. He didnt know why his skin reacted as it did whenever he had touched Baal, but he had a feeling the same may happen with Buffy. It was weird to think that you could be allergic to energy. He thought it was someting he might have to talk to his mother about.
As Buffy left, it didnt take long for Baal to get on his feet. Amos glared at him as a warning that he didnt want a single word for him, so Baal just bit his tongue and mumbled a tired sleep well before heading in to the bedroom. He got out of his clothes but couldnt muster to take off his socks as he laid down on the bed with a heavy thump. Exhaling deeply he crawled under the covers and just barely got to pull Buffy into his embrace before he drifted off in a deep sleep from the get go. But it wasnt like his dreams were pleasant, because it was just all a big rewind of the day’s bads that played in circles and interwined in a big mess.
It was just then in the midst of his dream that another nightmare seemed to flash and loop over what he had feared the most - The crying baby which had been Saoirse and the blood on his hands that was now Buffy’s lifeless body in his arms. Except this time, he wasnt allowed to give her a part of the artifact, he wasnt in any way capable of bringing her back. The crying just got louder and the frustration spread, till he woke with a soft gasp, realizing he was drenched in sweat. Gasping softly for air, he heard echos of the nightmare, feeling his eyes well up a little. He looked up at the ceiling, placing a hand on Buffy’s side to remind him that she was there and alive.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 12:02 pm

Laying down on the bed felt great, mostly because she was still so taken aback by everything that had happened. As soon as she felt Baal crawl closer to her and wrap his arms around her, she whimpered slightly, simply at the gesture of being close to him. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep, however it felt like she was constantly shifting sides. Her body felt like it was being torn apart and put back together over and over, yet she couldn't really wake up fully. Sleep was all she needed, and in the arms of her daemon she felt safe. However underneath all of the safeness, there was a fear as well. The fear of this repeating once more. What if Buffy couldn't control the artifact piece within her? She had no idea, but it was a thing that loomed in the back of her mind. While she could hear Baal gasp and wake up, she seemed too deep in her sleep to actually wake up, however she did turn around, wrapping an arm around him. Hugging herself close, she hid her face away in his chest, breathing in the notes of anise that calmed her mind and body alike. She needed him, and she had needed him for a long time, so finally having him in the same bed felt dreamlike, hence why she wasn't all that willing to wake up.

The following weeks they seemed to work one day at a time, taking conversations as things appeared, but mostly just tried to focus on Saoirse's wellbeing. The guys were over almost every day, and Buffy knew that for Amos it was about checking up on Baal's state. What would lie ahead for the small family was rather unknown, but one thing was sure, and that was the fact that Saoirse was growing at an almost alarming speed. Xander was perplexed, and even Nova had given up on trying to find a reason. Buffy however didn't feel robbed of her daughter's childhood, but it was strange feeling like years passed when it was simply days.

//Out <33//
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So much for a quiet life   So much for a quiet life - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

So much for a quiet life
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4