Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Buffy

Buffy

Full name : Buffy Elior Fayre
Quote : The closer you get to the light the greater your shadow becomes.

Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 11:41 am

She felt her heart beat faster as he said he couldn't ever forget about her. The mere thought that she had made enough of an impact on him to be on his mind was making her rather happy. Perhaps she was fooling herself, thinking that she could ever have a life with him, but she felt almost a need to escape reality when she looked at him. "You haven't strayed far from my thoughts either," she confessed. It was a dangerous game they were playing, but she couldn't help but play along anyways.
His reaction to her invitation made her look down. Was that really the impression he had gotten of her? That all she cared for was getting a rich husband and birthing pale children? "It's a masquerade, a night where you can be anyone you want to," she explained. Was it strange that she had invited him? A bit, but it wasn't unheard of. Plenty of high standing farmers had attended her father's parties over the years.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

Full name : Belial Sionis Kharne
Quote : It made sense to let my heartstrings play at the sound of your laughter

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 5:07 am

He knew his confession was bold, but as she seemed to confess quite the same, he thought she was even bolder than he would have thought her to be, “I cant see why a simple workhand like me would be able to haunt the thoughts of someone as beautiful as you,” he said with a shrug but there was also appreciation in his tone.
As confused as he was about her invitation, there was no way he would say no. Even if the whole thing had just to have him come and be made fun or by the whole party; if that was the case and it would make her smile, he would do it. “Anyone?” He asked with a raised eyebrow before he corrected his shirt and huffed his chest a little to mock the proper men. “Guess I could be one of the pale skinny men for a day. Would that please you?” He asked before he got a smile on his lip and chuckled softly.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 8:53 am

She felt a little rush through her stomach as he said he felt almost honored. However she thought she was quite indecent with her thoughts, and that if her father ever knew, he would disown her in an instant. As he puffed up his chest, she covered her mouth with her hand, giggling sweetly. She shook her head at his question, it wouldn't please her, because she had found her fascinated with his tanned skin and his large frame. "I wouldn't want to change anything about you, but if you were to meet my father, a positive impression would be great," she said, looking at him carefully. She wanted to grab his hand, hold herself close to him as she had that hot day by the water. "My father is expecting to meet the one that has occupied my mind," she said softly.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 6:51 pm

He raised an eyebrow as she shook her head but then the mention of her father made him swallow and look a little nervous. One thing had to be not fearing a whipping for even be looking at her and being as low standing as he was, but standing face to face with the father and even as a guest invited by his very daughter. Any man would be scared! "I didnt know you wanted me gone that bad," he joked but there also was some truth to his tone. Everyone know how the judge valued his daughter. He sighed and then shook his head, "I suppose it's time for me to go look for something decent to wear then," he said in a more hopeful tone, smiling at her.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 7:06 pm

The woman frowned, even looking a little sad. "I'm not naive ... But it could be an opportunity for you, getting contacts with those that own the land you work might benefit you," she said in a hopeful voice. She felt her heart racing, because now she was scared he was going to deny her invite. His words following made her giggle a little, looking down as she felt herself so happy. Then it dawned on her, did he even have the proper money for an outfit? However she was not going to intrude on his business like that. "I'll need to leave now; Please keep me in your mind," she said softly, her eyes looking at his, as if she was trying to remember every part of him. She gave him the last information about the party before she left in a hurry to find her chaperones.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 7:38 pm

"No one would talk to a simple farmhand," he argued but he appreciated the help. It just didnt really make sense to him that she was interested in helping him? To him he was nothing but a simple man, she was a fine lady and that just didnt match up with what he had come to know through life about the rich. He didnt want her to go, but it did make sense that she couldnt linger for too long. "As if I could forget you," was something he only got to mumble to himself as she had left in such a hurry. He couldnt help but smile a little as he seemed to slowly process the fact that he had just been invited to a masquerade, and not only that, it was her who had invited him. He went back to the farm with the smile from the fountain staying the same the whole way.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 7:52 pm

The weeks passed, and for each day, the woman was counting down the time until she could see those eyes again. Her father could see how excited she was, and it thrilled him that he might have a bachelor that would match his daughter in every way.
The day finally came, and the woman was helping prepare everything. Day turned in to evening, and soon she was standing in her room, getting dressed for the party. Guests were slowly starting to arrive, and as she took one final look in the mirror, she pul on her mask. Her heart was beating so fast that she had to stop for a second to catch her breath. "I'm fine," she told one of her maids, sending them a nervous smile. "Look at my pride and joy, why you look just like your mother," her father said, walking up to place his hands on her arms. The woman looked at her father, smiling but it wouldn't stop her heart from beating so fast. "I'm looking forward to meeting your secret suitor," he said before he looked at his pocket watch, needing to get dressed himself.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 8:26 pm

He was definitely full of excitement and though he wanted to save most of what he had earned, he did make sure to at least buy a proper suit - It may not have been as prosperously well made as the rich would have had it done, but it looked alright. He at least was quite happy with it. The mask was something he had found in an old shop of trinkets and what else that once had belonged to now deceased people. He wasnt too sure if he liked the thought of wearing something a dead person had owned, but it was better than having nothing. With her instructions, he made his way to the masquerade, his body warm with excitement to see her once again.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 8:38 pm

The masquerade began with the guests arriving to the large mansion, people filling up the grand rooms. The judge held a grand welcoming speech before introducing his daughter. The woman took a deep breath, before she walked out, walking down the large stairs, smiling a waving as people clapped at how beautifully she was dressed. She joined her father, who declared the ball open and the music started playing. The woman was quickly dragged on to the floor, joining in a large group dance with a partner that was clearly a suitor. Oh how she moved, she had learned every dance by heart, and now it was as if she was the one deciding over the music itself. But as she danced, she found herself looking around. Had he come? Had he truly showed up?
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 9:21 pm

He was completely taken aback as he entered the huge ball-room that was filled to the brim with people in all kinds of coloured costumes. He felt a little dull with his suit in faded colours that clearly showed that he wasnt as wealthy as the average person present. He got some looks, from men and women alike but his eyes were soon busy looking up as the opening began. His eyes widened behind the mask as the judge presented his daughter, his heart started thumping in his chest just by looking at her. She was so so beautiful, stunning above all else in the room, he swore that. The masquerade began and soon people started dancing. He sought to a less crowded part of the room where he wouldnt be forced into dancing in moves he hadnt ever learned. Dancing wasnt so elegant where he came from. He kept looking around for her, hoping that he would catch her eyes in the crowd, though he knew what she was dressed like while she knew nothing of him and his outfit.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 9:29 pm

As she was swung around the room she looked around, searching for a glimpse of his dark eyes that she had come to dream so vividly about. However between all of the colors and the dancing, she couldn't spot him. She felt her heart break a little, feeling sad as the dance finished up. Excusing herself she moved to the garden, wrapping her arms around herself, but the night was warm and inviting. She walked a bit away from the sound, trying to calm herself. She knew it had been too good to be true, that he would come when she was so clearly delusional.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 9:47 pm

There were so many colours, he didnt know how he was going to find her when everything was so overwhelmingly bright and prosperous. He felt a little frustrated but at the same time his heart yearned to find her. He didnt know what was over him, if he was really that crazy to believe he could offer his heart and soul to her alone like those two things were all that was needed. He caught a glimpse or so he hoped as he recognized her colours in the crowd, following them as he was lead outside. He looked at her and seeing her fully made him feel speechless and off-guard for just a second. He called out her name, pulling off his mask before he ran up to her, like being far away from her was making him hurt.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 9:58 pm

She was just about to break down and cry as she heard his voice, hearing him say her name made a tear escape as he came running to her. As he got closer, she felt her heart beat crazily, reaching out, she just needed to touch him. Placing her palm against his cheek. "You came," she whispered. She just looked at him, touching his cheek gently as a careful smile spread on her lips. Couldn't he see how much she wanted him to just wrap his strong arms around her? "I've missed you," she said in a weak voice. She knew it hadn't been long, but what was she supposed to do? She spent her nights dreaming of him, her days looking out to the street hoping to spot him.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 10:10 pm

He saw the tear as he got closer, so he rather quickly lifted a hand to remove it just as she touched his cheek as well. He smiled at her whisper and nodded, his smile growing bigger as he giggled giddy with these overwhelming feelings in his body. Her weak tone made his eyes soften up for a moment before he shortly glanced at her lips. It was bold to even consider it, and yet here he stood, actually considering leaning in the last few inches. “I would have gone mad if I didnt show up just to see you,” he said a littl breathlessly, before he had gathered enough courage to lean in carefully. He would allow her to lean away if it wasnt what she wanted.

“..You’ve come so far on your own,” Baal groaned softly as he stretched, moving closer to the fenix before he snuggled up to her, closing his eyes again though he wasnt quite sure if he wanted to sleep some more or let her continue her vocal reading.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 10:22 pm

The woman felt her heart and body so light, however as he leaned closer she leaned away carefully. She couldn't. Not that she didn't want to, in fact her whole body was screaming for her to just let their lips meet. "I'm not allowed to kiss anyone, and I don't want you to get hurt," she whispered softly, placing her head against his chest.

Buffy chuckled, placing the bookmark in the book as she looked at her sleepy daemon. "Did I tire you out that much love? You know that you can tell me not to be so ... Vigorous," she said teasingly, chuckling a bit as she moved a hand down to touch his curls. "And I'm sorry, we left it at a cliffhanger yesterday, and I just couldn't help myself," she said, leaning down to kiss his forehead gently.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 10:45 pm

He wasnt disappointed that she leaned away but her words made him frown a little. “I thought you knew that I’m not afraid of anything,” he said in a low soft tone, looking down at her with a small smile on lips. Surely, hadnt she leaned away, he would have taken any punishment that awaited him if it was discovered. A voice called and his eyes widened a little as they hadnt exactly been standing in a friendly decent manner.

Baal chuckled at her words and looked up at her with his eyes narrowed a little tiredly. “I would never be foolish enough to even suggest such things,” he argued, leaning his head into her hand with a tired smile. “I dont mind. I’ve already read it,” he said as he felt Juno turn as she laid between their legs, sleeping . He sighed because moving the cat or waking her wasnt an option in his head. “Seems like I caught you on another,” he chuckled before he sat up and rubbed his eyed a little. “What do you think so far?” He asked quite curiously.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 10:51 pm

Buffy chuckled, he was right, but she still liked when they did small things like this together. It wasn't really an option to go on a real date, so mostly they found other ways to entertain each other. "I think I'm not going to like what comes next," she sighed in a sad voice, leaning her head back against the head rest. "I think I'm getting rather invested; I already feel like I wanna keep reading, but I have a feeling I might end up crying," she chuckled, closing her eyes. She knew that they were barely through the book, but it didn't matter. She felt like she knew what was going to happen and it stung her heart a little.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 11:07 pm

Her sigh made him frown a little as he turned to look at her. The explanation made him scoff as he sighed and thought about it. “Maybe, maybe not,” he said with a shrug. He didnt want to spoil what would happen, but he wasnt sure if he wanted her to be sad either. He crawled over to her and leaned in to kiss her lips before he smiled a little softly at her. “Keep reading and find out,” he encouraged her, kissing her nose before leaning away.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 11:23 pm

Buffy sighed softly, feeling his lips against her own gave her some sort of courage, one that she needed. "One more kiss," she pleaded softly, smiling at him. She hoped he would oblige before she adjusted herself a bit, continuing the story.

The voice was that of one of her maids, and the woman moved away from the man, even though it hurt her. "I'm over here Aileen," she said in a soft voice. The woman appeared, smiling relieved until she saw the tanned man. "My lady, should I get the guards?" she asked in a rather scared voice. The woman shook her head. "No, Aileen, it is quite alright - I was simply asking our guest with some tips with our roses," she said, trying to cover for him so that he wouldn't get hurt. "Your father is looking for you, he wants you to meet a suitor who has come a long way from here," the maid said, curtsying lightly before she made her leave.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 11:38 pm

“Cant say no to that,” he spoke softly before giving her the kiss she seemed to need, closing his eyes and taking it in before he leaned away and placed himself next to her, leaning his head to hers when she was done adjusting herself. He looked at the book and closed his eyes.

Even though it was a female who had called, he still felt that chill down his spine. He realized that he had been acting way out of bounds, even if his body was telling him to act one way. Kissing outside of marriage was for people like him, the poor and tanned from the physical labour. She covered for him and he looked rather thankful before he heard the maid’s word about a suitor. He felt a knot in his throat as his eyes went down for a bit. “You shouldnt keep them waiting,” he said in a quiet tone, though the thought of someone else being her suitor made his heart twist and turn with pain. But he had nothing to offer, nothing to give her that she could benefit from. Love alone just wasnt enough, even if he hoped and hoped.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 11:48 pm

The woman knew it would've only been a matter of time, and yet the thought of just staying here forever was far more tempting. She wanted to plead with him to steal her away and take her somewhere where they could be together. The maid left and the woman looked up at the man. Leaning closer to him, she placed a gentle kiss on his cheek. It was all that she could give him, and she hoped that he could understand. "I don't ever want to marry, my father only tries to prolong the inevitable," she whispered softly. It was an unconventional thought to have for a woman in her stead.
She had to leave him, looking back over her shoulder to look at him. "If I ever marry, it will be for love," she said softly before she had to go find her father. The suitor was nice, but she kept comparing him to the man that had captured her heart.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 1:36 am

If she could only read his thoughts and see just how much he wanted to fall on his knees, beg her to run away with him and leave this place. But it just wasnt that simple and he knew he had to let her go. He looked sad, but who wouldnt? Her kiss on his cheek turned the sadness to surprise as he looked at her. He heard her whisper but he was only more surprised by what she told him.
He turned as she left only to be left completely speechless by her stance on marriage. He blinked a few times and stood outside alone as he looked ahead. Was that a glimmer of hope? He wasnt sure. Eventually he went inside and caught conversation with a landowner that was quite talkative.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 10:02 am

The woman knew that she shouldn't be thinking of the man as her suitor swung her around the ballroom. He was elegant at dancing, that was for sure, but she kept thinking how much fun she would have teaching the man to dance. How she would have an excuse to be close to him, let his arms surround her as she would lean her head against his chest. "You seem distracted, my lady," the suitor said, and the woman looked at him with a saddened expression. "I guess I'm awfully caught up in my own mind, I apologize my good lord," she said apologetically. The dance ended and she decided to retreat for a moment, needing to catch her breath after all the dancing. Her father caught up with her, escorting her to her room where she could get a breather and freshen up a bit. "He's a good man, he would treat you right," the judge said calmly, knowing that the subject of marriage always could go two ways. The woman remained quiet, and she looked towards the window. If she ran off, would the man find her and they could run together forever? "Father, he is proper, that is for sure, but I don't love him," she said softly, looking at her father with pleading eyes. The judged sighed. He was getting old, and he was afraid that his daughter wouldn't be taken care off once he had perished. "I just want to keep you safe," he said. The woman swallowed, closing her eyes as she felt like crying. "Mother and you married for love - Why can't I?" she asked pleadingly. Her father sighed. "Because time is running out, my little flower, and soon I won't be there to protect you from the wandering eyes of strangers," he said. The woman excused herself, going down to the party once more, thankful that her mask obscured her sad expression.
Back to top Go down
Baal

Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 10:49 am

He was quickly caught up in conversation with the man who seemed rather distressed about the workers he had at hand. It seemed that he felt as if there was a barrier between them and him, stopping them from properly communicating with each other. The man frowned a little and thought it was quite simple. He told the man to simply just ask his workers what they thought and what they wanted with the work they were doing. The rich man sighed and shook his head, thinking out loud that his workers probably hated him by now - But then he smiled bright and looked at the man. “You on the other hand may seem to know a lot more about it than I ever would!” He said and just then, came a suggestion that made the man swallow and feel nauseous from excitement. He told the rich man to hold the offer before he wandered off to get something to drink. He would have preferred water but the wines tasted quite alright too. He looked up to see the woman again, placing his glass somewhere he would forget before he walked up to her. “I would offer you a dance, but I dont now how to,” he said with an apologetic smile, feeling a little giddy from the excitement. He could tell her about the offer but he much rather wanted to surprise her.
Back to top Go down
Buffy

Buffy

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 10:58 am

Returning to the room, she looked at the man, mostly because she couldn't stop herself. He walked up to her, and she wanted to run in to his arms, wrap her arms around him and never let go, but she kept still, letting him approach her. His words made a smile appear on her lips, and as she heard the music change she sighed softly. "Then I'll simply have to teach you - Waltz is easy, only three steps," she said, placing a hand on his arm and guiding him to the dance floor. She showed him where to place his hands, one on her waist, while her opposite of his was placed on his shoulder. Then she placed her hand elegantly in his, and she started to move. "One, two, three, one two three," she counted softly, letting him get a feeling for the movement before she looked up at him as they danced. "See, it's easy," she said softly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)   Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dealing with the book of love (cw/tw)
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next