Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

A peek into the past [tw/cw]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ace

Ace

Full name : Alister Harvey

A peek into the past [tw/cw] Empty
PostSubject: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 4:07 am

@Margot <3

tw: eluding to abuse
cw: sexual content

God bars were just great. Ace loved going out for a drink with his friends, despite the fact that a daemon needed a lot to even get remotely drunk. It was his turn to order a round and as he went up to the bar, something in the corner of his eye made him turn his head. What a beauty. Well, a little thin for his liking, Ace was a big guy and he liked his women strong so he wouldnt crush them like a twig on accident. He put on a confident smile and got closer to her before he tilted his head a little. “Hey lil mama,” he greeted her, looking her up and down. “What can I get you?” He asked with a smirk in the corner of his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

Full name : Margot Heath

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 12:59 pm

How and where she had gotten this spare money, she didn't know, but she was mostly looking for a place to stay the night and not freeze outside. She had ordered the cheapest thing on the menu; A club soda, and was now sitting at the bar, sipping it slowly. She could feel her stomach rumbling, mostly because she was hungry, but she had decided that warm and hungry was better than cold and full.
Most times, men tried to chat her up, offering her a good amount of money to spend the night with her, however she always denied. She felt like if she gave in to that, she would lose herself and her core values. She then heard a deep and raspy voice, turning her head to look at him. Her hair was rather long, but she didn't exactly have access to a hairdresser. She had run away from home once more, so all she had was the clothes on her back. His greeting made her frown, shaking her head no. "Peace and quiet could be nice," she just said, staring blankly in to the air in front of her. Swallowing another sip of her soda she turned to look at him. "You still here?" she said a little surprised, raising an eyebrow at him in disbelief.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 5:42 pm

He got to see her face as she turned her head and he didnt mind the sight that met him one bit. Even if she seemed to ignore him and completely dismiss his offer, he wasnt the type to give up that easily. Her question made him smile before he shrugged, "Are you really that surprised?" he asked. He looked at the bartender before he shortly glanced at her. "Whatever she's having for the rest of the night, put that shit on my tab, alright?" he asked him, and once the bartender nodded, he looked back at her. "Dont rob me blindly," he teased her before he grabbed the round he had been sent up to get. He sent her a short wink in passing as he turned to return to his table with his friends, all of them seemingly interested in knowing what had just happened. Ace just shook it off with a hand and told them to mind their business.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 6:01 pm

Margot frowned as he told the bartender to put her orders on the tab. She felt a small rush in her stomach. Not that the bar sold anything with nutritional value, but they did have nuts and other salty snacks. As soon as the stranger was gone she ordered a round of salted nuts as well as some chips. Trying to contain herself she ate a bit, but it was clear to her that the more she ate, the hungrier she got. Maybe she looked crazy, eating nuts and crackers for free, but she was too hungry to really care. Ordering a beer as well, she knew that would give her a full feeling that would last for a while. She looked towards the daemon, seeing how he sat with his friends, but she was way too proud to get out of her seat and going over to him. Instead she sat there, drinking her beer, and feeling her stomach fill, but it wasn't the same as a meal.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 6:24 pm

Even if it seemed like he had just left her at that with his tease, he was subtly watching her from the table with his friends. He noticed rather fast how she was buying food now that she could and it made him a little worried. He didnt know her and what her story was, but could he really just leave her be? It wasnt something he usually did, but she did look like she could need someone who wasnt out to just use her. He got up from his seat and walked up to her as she was drinking her beer. "Hey you," he greeted her again before he leaned onto the bar disc, trying not to be too intrusive. "How about I buy you a real meal instead?" he suggested, eyeing the snacks she had bought. "Unless you are on a strict nuts and crisps diet," he remarked with a raise of his eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 6:42 pm

She felt her body shake a little, but it was mainly for how urgent her body felt it was for her to just down everything while she could. It didn't take long before he was there again. The daemon. His suggestion made her frown, raising an eyebrow at it. Did he think that it would buy her for the night? A simple meal and she would come crawling in to bed with him? Her whole life she had never trusted any man. They were greedy, they wanted her and some even thought they had her. However she had always been her own. His teasing remark made her look at the half empty bowls. "Is that how you normally pick up girls? Go for the one that seems the weakest to prey on them?" she remarked. She was being dead serious.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 7:03 pm

His remark had been meant as no more than another teasing remark, hopefully to get her to smile but it seemed that it had failed. Her question made him shake his head as his face showed a clear disgust at the mere thought of preying on someone. “I normally dont pick up girls, not when I’m out with my boys,” he said as he looked at his friends who once again seemed to be looking at them - But that was maybe because he had just gotten up without saying a thing. “So turn me down if you feel like you’re better off, but I’m leaving in a bit,” he warned her, not to intimidate her but simply to let her know that it was all her choice. “Though I’d say you have to be crazy to turn down a meal from someone who’s expecting nothing back,” he finished, letting himself linger for a moment to give her time to make up her mind. If she didnt, he would just go back to his friends to finish his beer.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 7:13 pm

He could just as easily lie to her, but she couldn't see anything but truth in his eyes. The way he looked at her, it wasn't as if she was some slab of meat for him to devour, it more felt like he was looking at her as the person she was. His words were clearly something that made her think. Could this actually be a genuine offer? As he went silent, she looked at her beer, a frown still on her face as she weighed the options. She wasn't strong enough to fight him off if he forced himself on her, but on the other hand she might have a full stomach and a place to sleep that night. As he turned around to leave she grabbed his arm. "Alright ... But not just any meal, I want a cheeseburger with large fries down from the Diner around the corner," she said, looking up at him with a stern gaze. He wasn't going to own her with just one meal, she would make sure of that, but she did at least want to be the one to pick her meal. "Oh, and a large milkshake," she added, getting up from the bar chair.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 7:26 pm

Just as he thought she would let him leave with no definitive answer, he felt her grab his arm, turning as he listened to her conditions. “I’m not the one eating, so that’s fine with me,” he said with a shrug before he looked back at his friends. He signaled that he would catch up to them later, which meant that he was probably not coming back. Some of them looked quite bummed at that but none of them were asking questions. He looked back at her, “That’s a date then,” he said with a chuckle before he gestured for her to lead the way once she had gotten her things. Outside the air was wasnt too bad but he definitely thought he had smelled better air somewhere else. “Which flavour do you like? You look like... a strawberry girl. Or maybe banana,” he guessed, narrowing his eyes a little at her.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 7:44 pm

Wrinkling her nose as he called it a date, she simply grabbed her worn out tote bag before walking outside. The stench didn't bother her, as she felt almost desensitized to it from sleeping on the streets. Huddling the worn out jacket closer to her as they walked, she kept her head down as to not attract any attention. His question made her think, mostly because she didn't really know if she had one favorite thing. "Haven't really thought about it ... Chocolate I guess?" she said, clearly a little unsure. Turning the corner, the small diner stood where it always had. It was a little run down, but business was clearly still booming. It was a cheap place, but it was one that Margot had known since she was a child. How often had her and TJ as kids not stolen money from their parent only to share a portion of fries. Walking in they were greeted by an elderly lady, and Margot simply nodded, moving over to one of the booths by the window.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 8:20 pm

“Chocolate? Surprising,” he noted but he hadnt found anyone that seemed to dislike chocolate. He just figured that she might prefer something more fruity. He looked at the diner and wasnt certain he had been around here before. Inside he sent the old lady a polite smile, before he followed the human down to the booth where he sat down. He looked through the menu before he nodded a few times and then looked at her. “So what’s your story? Been on your own for a long time?” He asked quite directly when they were finally in a place where people wouldnt really be listening.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 8:36 pm

Why was that surprising to him, she thought it was a normal answer? Shaking her head she rolled her eyes, and as they sat down she could see how the elderly lady was eyeing the table. Margot placed her tote bag close to the window, scooting in to sit down. She didn't need to look at the menu, she just wanted the food she had told him about in the bar. As he so directly asked for her story, she once again found him so peculiar. What was her story to him? "From a shitty home, been on my own since birth - or at least it feels like it," she said, wanting to keep it brief. She clearly looked beat up, the circles under her eyes showing she hadn't had a good night's rest in a long time. The big hoodie however didn't truly show just how skinny she had become. She tapped her finger against the table. "Been a solid five days since my last meal," she confessed, looking up at the waitress came around. She placed her order, looking at the daemon if he wanted anything, but she didn't really know.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 9:10 pm

Maybe it was odd for him to be so direct, but somehow he just wanted to be sure that she wasnt just some drug addict or anything of the likes, since he had seen people that looked like her and carried quite the baggage of drug-use. It wasnt that he was going to help her less if she was, he just didnt want to get stabbed or robbed - Though she probably couldnt get far if she made a move, it was better to just avoid it all completely.
“Alright,” he simply said and nodded as she made her story brief. It wasnt an interrogation so he wouldnt just start asking her further. Her confession made him scoff as he adjust himself in the booth. He felt a little large to be sitting there, but it wasnt too uncomfortable. “I figured as much, your cheeks are quite hollow,” he remarked, trying his best not to sound insulting. He didnt order anything but a diet coke.
“Alister. But I prefer Ace,” he introduced himself, as they were waiting for the order to be prepared.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 9:18 pm

Somehow she felt quite pleased with the fact he didn't ask too many questions. It was actually nice not to feel like she had to justify everything. His remark about her cheeks made her shrug, keeping the sleeves down, hiding her wrists. The waitress took the order and brought it to the kitchen. "Margot," she said calmly as she started playing a bit with one of the menu cards. "I'm not an addict, by the way, even though I look like I'm one shot of heroin from dying," she said, trying to defend herself. She had always been skinny, but not eating had taken a toll on her body.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 9:47 pm

“Margot,” he repeated, thinking it wasnt a name that was heard everyday, but then again neither was his. He pinched his lips together as she began to defend herself, nodding a little at her last words. “You dont look like a shooter. And your teeth tell me that you’re not a smoker either,” he remarked before he shrugged. “I’ll trust you,” he then said with a small smile appearing on his lips. “I’ve dealt with druggies before,” he explained if she wondered why he so easily trusted her.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 9:55 pm

The notion about her teeth made a small smile appear on her lips. "Only after great sex," she said, trying to joke a little but she couldn't tell why. Perhaps it was just because he was so inviting, despite how brute he looked. When he said he had dealt with drug addicts before she frowned a little, mostly because it made her wonder if this was something he often did with poor unfortunate souls like herself. "So this is a thing you do often? Invite strange girls out for dinner?" she asked, trying to understand.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 10:11 pm

Her funny remark made him twitch his eyebrows in surprise as he chuckled. “Hopefully that’s cigarettes and not meth,” he clarified before he shook his head. So she knew how to crack a joke or two, that was something he liked a lot. It had seemed like a lost cause in his attempts to make her smile, but he realized that he just needed to give her space to do it on her own.
Her question made him shake his head again, looking down at the table as he thought about her words. “No. I normally prefer regular dates with a sweet ending,” he said truthfully before he looked up at her again. “I work with drug users, that’s why I know them,” he then explained.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 10:42 pm

Margot couldn't help but chuckle a little, nodding as it was clearly cigarettes and not anything else. It had been such a long time since she had last smiled, it felt almost strange to her.
"Sweet endings, is that a code word for something daemonic?" she asked, raising a brow at him, however she was only teasing this time. She felt a little more relaxed, however she would always be alert to some extend. Nodding at his explanation with addicts, she didn't really want to know more. She had seen what the drugs had driven people to do, how they would sell their bodies and parts of their souls for their next fix. The waitress returned with the food and drinks, placing it down before she gave Margot a reassuring gaze to let her know if anything went south with the daemon.  
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 11:13 pm

“Noooo. I was just trying to avoid mentioning the fact that I end up having sex,” he said before he scratched the back of his neck with a soft chuckle. He shrugged and liked how she seemed so relaxed and even sassy. The food was served and he grabbed his drink as he noticed the waitress’ eyes on Margot. He chose not to comment on it and took a long sip of his drink. He couldnt really taste anything but it was more to make her feel less alone with her meal. “Is cheeseburgers your favorite?” He asked, looking at her meal before taking another sip of his drink.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 11:23 pm

Margot scoffed at him. Did he think that she didn't know what happened when a guy asked a girl out? Shaking her head a little she looked at the food as it was served. She took a large bite of the burger, slushing it down with some milkshake. Chewing a bit, she shrugged. "It's what has the most calories per dollar spent, so it's more of a ... Survival hack," she said with a small shrug. This burger could at least last her for a few days, if she was lucky. She grabbed a few fries, popping them in her mouth, sighing at the taste of food, closing her eyes. At this point they could've probably served her day old re-heated food, and she would've eaten it with just as much pleasure. "And if I don't finish the fries, they aren't too bad at staying fresh for tomorrow," she added, knowing that it probably wasn't appetizing to listen to, however it was her reality.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 11:31 pm

“Survival hack?” He repeated in a mutter but he understood what she meant. He just didnt like the thought that she had to worry about what she ate to make sure she would survive a few days without food. He knew that humans were designed to survive, but he couldnt help but find himself caring a bit for her, even if he didnt know her.
“Do they at least bag the fries for you?” He asked with a kind of disgusted expression but that was just because he could imagine how greasy it would get if she had to pack the fries in a shirt or something else to put in her bag. He took another sip and made a small sigh. He couldnt just let a pretty girl like her stay on the street. “Do you want me to get you a motel room?” He asked before his eyes widened a little when he realized he was suggesting something odd. “... For yourself. Without me,” he quickly added, pinching his nosebridge when he felt like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 9:20 am

As he asked if they bagged the fries she chuckled, nodding. "Yeah, most of the staff here are quite nice about that," she said, looking at the elderly lady that had served them. She had worked there for as long as Margot could remember. Taking another bite of the burger she closed her eyes as she chewed, wanting to savor the moment and not just swallow the food whole. Hearing him sigh made her open her eyes looking at him as he suggested getting a motel room. She frowned a little, looking down as she honestly didn't know what to say. She had never been with a daemon before, so she felt a little scared. However as he quickly added that it would be for herself, she looked back at him. Confusion in her eyes, yet clearly also some sort of relief. She had agreed to the food as long as it didn't mean that he could take advantage of her, and for a second she thought he had retracted that. Why had she even considered actually saying yes to him also being in the room?
"It would be nice with a shower," she said in a small mumble, looking at the burger. It had been such a long time she had actually slept on a bed as well. "Alright," she agreed, taking another bite of her burger, but clearly deep in her thoughts. Why was a daemon of all people being so nice to her?
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 9:37 pm

"Alright, good," he said with a nod, because there was no way he would pay for her meal and then know that he had let her go with a bunch of unpacked fries. He would at least have offered her to get a bag from his house. He could tell that his suggestion was being taken the wrong way by the way she frowned, so he was quick to add what his intention had been. The confusion just made him raise his eyebrows a little, was she thinking that he was trying to fool her into something?
Well, he wouldnt really blame her if she was, after all he wasnt exactly looking like the kind of guy that didnt have some smug scheme up his sleeve. He nodded faintly at her mumble and smiled a little when she agreed. "Cool. You can choose which motel, just so we're on the same page and that I'm not some creepy dude with a plan to steal your kidneys," he said, lifting his diet coke to take another sip.
Back to top Go down
Margot

Margot

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 10:24 pm

Margot kept chewing, taking things as slow as she could, but she was almost all the way through at this point. When he said she should choose a motel she licked her lower lip as she thought about it. "Any place without cockroaches would be preferred," she said. Although he would pay, she wasn't going to demand some place fancy. Finishing her burger, she grabbed her milkshake, finishing it up as well, leaning back in her seat with a sigh and a faint smile on her lips. She hadn't felt like this in days, and she closed her eyes, relishing in the feeling that she might not get to feel for a long time. "The motel across the street looks nice enough," she remarked, looking out the window at it.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 12:58 am

“I thought they’d work pretty well as massage balls under the linen,” he said in a thoughtful voice but he actually hated cockroaches. Their brownish look and knowing how they’d crawl just gave him the creeps. He wasnt going to tell her that though, not on this faithful night. “Across the street,” he repeated in a soft mumble, turning his gaze. He narrowed his eyes and eyed it down before nodding approvingly to himself. He let her choose when to get up from their seats and paid for her meal. Outside the reception, he stopped before he looked at Margot. “I’ll go inside and get the keys. Get yourself some snacks or something, he said, handing her a bunch of coins that he had gotten from the diner - He hated carrying change around. He went in and made the reservation, got the key for her room and returned. He had also told the lady to inform Margot once she came to give back the key, that he had sorted out a breakfast meal for her at the same diner, but he wouldnt tell her that either. He just lifted the key and then handed it to her. “Anyway. I’ve paid and everything, so that should be sorted. I’ll keep my promise and leave you alone.. But, if you ever stumble over a goldmine or some shit and feel this urgent need to pay me back..” he began before he pulled up a torn piece of paper from the reception. “This is my number,” he said. He chuckled and shook his head. “Dont be a stranger... See you around Margot.” he said with a warm smile before he left her where she was. He had to go sort out that meal at the diner for her in the morning anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A peek into the past [tw/cw]   A peek into the past [tw/cw] Empty

Back to top Go down

A peek into the past [tw/cw]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Southern District-
Jump to: