Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Artistic intuition [cw]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Tessa

Tessa

Full name : Theresa Elior Morgan
Quote : There is one thing the photograph must contain, the humanity of the moment.

Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 11:06 pm

His confession could have been worrisome, but Leona just nodded, keeping her arms crossed. She was not fully convinced that letting him see her daughter was such a good idea, but he seemed to be nothing but honest with her. She appreciated that, because it meant that she would be able to ask him if she ever had a suspicion that more was going on than they led on, and then get a honest reply. She honestly didnt know what to tell him because she felt at a crossroads. She could tell him that yes, she didnt want him to be friends with her daughter and then she would risk Tessa running away, because she knew what went through her daughter's mind, especially when there was an opportunity to act out of rebellion.
As she was thinking about her words, she heard the front door open and turned her body to hear Saoirse call from the front door. "In here, my darling!" she called, a soft smile spreading on her lips. She really loved Saoirse, despite the trybrid having part daemon in her blood, Leona wasnt seeing it or more so she had accepted it. She chuckled when the young girl came in and seemed startled by the stranger. She looked at Buffy with soft eyes, clearly she was rather proud of her niece. "Dont worry about it, Connor is home, so she's free to go see him," she said first, to then look at Gerard as both girls seemed to be confused as to who he was. "Gerard Castell, a known photographer. He's Tessa's new mentor. She had been a little worried about losing touch with her art spirit, so he's here to guide her whenever she feels uninspired," she lied so casually, but she thought it was better than to have to explain the whole dilemma they were discussing before about an older man befriending a young girl. "So what did you say your hourly prices were?" she asked Gerard, looking at him with the same neutral expression she seemed to always bear.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

Full name : Gerard Castell
Quote : Your heart understood mine. In the depth of the fragrant night, I listened with ravished soul to your beloved voice. Your heart understood mine.

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 11:21 pm

Gerard was a little startled as more women seemed to flock in the house, and looking at them he could see that they were related. However beauty seemed to run in the family as well, making him a bit surprised, but he wasn't showing it. He could only imagine what their men looked like.
Buffy smiled at her aunt, nodding at her explanation, but she really had to run now. "She's brought her homework as well, and even though it's a school night I won't mind if they stay up a little late to catch up," she said, blowing her aunt a kiss before waving and running out the door. The fenix had a lot to handle seeing as Baal was off with Alyssa and she had to manage everything herself. But she kept herself busy, because the thought of going to bed alone was hurting her more than she let on.
Saoirse stepped a little closer, wrapping her arms around her aunt, giving her a kiss on the cheek. "I'll go find Connor ... Is Tessa here too?" she asked rather hopefully, mostly because it had been ages since they had caught up. She felt like she had so much to tell her.
Gerard felt a little overwhelmed, but perhaps it was just his inexperience with families. Leona asked him a question, making him blink a few times before it dawned on him that she had lied so casually. "The rate depends on the amount of time I spent with her, and there is an additional fee for weekends and nights," he said in a pondering tone, not willing to throw out numbers as he had no true idea what it costed to have such a mentor.
The trybrid was looking at him, her eyes narrowed but she decided to go to the kitchen where she found the siblings. "Tessa," she said in a happy tone, wrapping her arms around the valkyrie that looked her age. "I've missed you soooooo much, it's been ages; You missed the last two movie nights," she said, frowning and her lower lip pouting slightly before looking at Connor. Letting go of Tessa she wrapped her arms around Connor, holding him close for a while and smiling to herself. "Hi," she said happily. "So, what's really going on?" she wanted to hear everything.
Meanwhile in the living room, Gerard was still sitting across from Leona, his hands folded on the table as he didn't quite know what to say. "I understand that you don't want to and cannot trust me, but you must see that I wish only the best for your daughter," he said.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

Quote : There is one thing the photograph must contain, the humanity of the moment.

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 11:38 pm

"Ill be sure to let Connor know," she said with a soft smile on her lips, watching the fenix run off made her a little worried though. She knew that Baal was in some sort of distress, but she didnt know to what degree. She let the trybrid kiss her cheek and placed a hand on her upper back as she elegantly pressed her close for a moment. "Tessa is there too, both in the kitchen," she assured her, then looking at Gerard as he seemed to ponder on the prices. She hadnt really minded if he had actually named an amount because this way it just seemed to be something they could work out.
Tessa was just rolling a very round tomato around on the kitchen table, looking a little surprised as Saoirse came through. She thought she had heard the trybrid yell before. She wrapped her arms around her and chuckled softly. "Yeah I'm sorry. I've been a bit busy, but I guess you've sort of figured out why," she said as she looked at the trybrid with searching eyes. Had she heard something important? Connor was ready for the hug, swinging her around as he smiled brightly. He just kept her close, knowing that Tessa wouldnt really think twice about it. "Mom is talking to a guy I've met at an art event. I sort of went with him home and didnt tell him I was too young," she explained, which made Connor frown a little. "You say that like something happened," he said but Tessa just looked away for a bit and he realized. "Oh..." he mumbled, but frankly, could he really be judging her?

"If you do, then you'll agree to being her mentor," she simply said, folding her hands as she wasnt going to force it upon him but it wasnt like he really had a choice either if he would want to keep seeing the young valkyrie. "From now on I want to know whenever you go see her. Maybe in the future when you've truly proven these good intentions, I'll stop monitoring you and give you the space you want," she said. But then she leaned a bit forward as she looked him in the eyes. "However, I do have one last question. Will you pursue her once she turns 18?" she asked, shifting between his eyes as she hoped he would be honest once more like he had before.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

Quote : Your heart understood mine. In the depth of the fragrant night, I listened with ravished soul to your beloved voice. Your heart understood mine.

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 11:55 pm

"It's alright, I just worry a bit because we've always done it," she remarked. Although movie nights had been a bit different, there was something about falling asleep next to Connor while watching a movie that had made up for the lack of valkyrie present. Giggling as Connor spun them around she hugged him closer before leaning a bit out of his embrace, even if she wanted to stay in his arms from now on and till forever ran up. However she had been getting better at giving him distance, at least when other people were around, even though it didn't mean the thought didn't strike her. "That guy in there?" she asked rather surprised, because she had just heard that he was going to be Tessa's mentor. "Oh Tessa, that makes me happy," she giggled, mostly because she couldn't see the implications in it. After all her father was more than 800 years old while her mother was barely 20. To her age didn't have any meaning, it had no real implications for her life. She looked at Connor then, moving her hand down to take his. "I have some homework, do you think you could help me with one of the assignments?" she asked, smiling at him like he was the only one in the world.

Her mentor. He could accept that, it would mean he could see her, talk to her and hear her laugh. "I'll be sure to notify you any time, even if she is the one seeking me out," he promised. To him it seemed rather important to at least try and build up some trust, and then she looked him straight in the eyes, her body leaning forward, but he seemed more curious than scared. Her question made a sad smile appear on his lips, because he wanted to pursue her already, but it wasn't in the cards right now. "If she has not lost interest in me, and she herself approaches me with the idea - and not because I put thoughts in her head - Then I wouldn't be able to say no to her," he told her truthfully. Maybe it was wrong to say it, but he knew that as soon as Theresa turned 18, he would have a hope that she still wanted him in some way. Even if it was just as friends. "However such thoughts are for the future, and I don't want to state something so serious when somethings like emotions can change over time," he said rather thoughtful.
"But I would still love to see you at the patrons event this weekend ... I usually go home early, but the first few hours are quite nice, and the art is always spectacular," he urged her. It was clear it hadn't just been some ploy to get her to trust him. "You will also be able to see what I do, and hopefully you'll find that I could provide some sort of mentorship to Theresa," he said.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 12:16 am

"I know, but I might be around for the next one," she pondered, searching through her schedule in her mind before nodding a few times. She hadnt scheduled anything for that day but at the same time she did want to spend as much time with Gerard as she could. Even if all they could be were friends. "Yeah, that guy," she chuckled, feeling a little giddy to admit it. But she trusted them both enough to say it. Connor didnt mind holding her hand, looking at her as she turned her attention to him. "Yeah sure. I can also go through the whole assignment with you to see if you've missed anything?" he suggested. He loved helping her with schoolwork because she really seemed to be a sponge for learning. Tessa went to get a glass of water, before she moved to the kitchen door to see if she could catch at least a small part of the conversation in the living room.

She appreciated the promise but she wasnt going to think anything of it before she had seen it happening. His answer however made her narrow her eyes a little as she couldnt say that he was lying. But she couldnt say that the answer was clearing up a lot, only the fact that he was being honest. It did strike a thought but she kept that one to herself. He was right that it was something for the future, but for her, 6 months wasnt really a long time anymore. Suddenly her little girl would be considered an adult and she wanted to be sure that she wasnt just going to jump right into his arms. Even though she was free to do so. His urge made her sigh, waving her hand at him like he didnt need to push the idea any further. "I'll show up for a moment to see what happens at these events my daughter go to," she said like it was her final say. She guessed that she also had to make her verdict on whether Tessa was allowed to go. "I'll truly see if you're a man of your word too. She can go to the event, but only if you make sure she's safe and sober," she remarked. There had been some implication that Tessa had had a glass of whatever was served, which had surprised Leona. She got up from her chair but seemed to give him one last stare-down. "I am not trying to be cruel. I am simply trying to keep my daughter safe in any form I can," she said, grabbing her glass as she took a small sip. "Stay over for dinner," she urged him before she went to the kitchen. She looked at Tessa who was standing by the doorframe, looking at her before she went to prepare dinner. Tessa just hurried into the livingroom, wrapping her arms around Gerard as she feared the worst.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 8:52 am

Saoirse smiled, nodding at Connor's suggestion as that was clearly something she wanted to do, but she couldn't force him. Her aunt came in to the kitchen and the trybrid smiled at her. "Auntie, you need help with preparing dinner?" she asked, mostly because she had kinda just been tossed here and was now an extra mouth to feed. If Leona said yes, the trybrid would get straight to work, if not her and Connor would sneak off to his room to look at homework.

Her silence was a bit anxiety inducing, but he managed to keep his cool. He wanted this to succeed, and as Leona got up, urging him to stay for dinner he nodded, thanking her for the invitation and rising from his seat. Theresa came running in, and he felt her arms around him, squeezing herself close to him and he couldn't help but chuckle, patting her on the top of her head. "It's alright, it's alright," he said, not wanting her to get upset. "But is this really a good way to greet your mentor?" he chuckled in a soft whisper, smiling at her. He was rather careful with how he touched her, giving her a short hug in return before they needed to let go. They were under her mother's roof, and disrespecting the trust he had gained - albeit minuscule - was a bad idea.
"There are some rules, like we both need to notify your mother when we meet up - and I am to be your chaperone, making sure you don't partake in drinking alcohol at this weekend's event," he said, letting her know that she could go. Her mother would be there of course, but to Gerard it only meant another opportunity to get to know the woman more.

The front door opened and a tall brown haired man stepped in, a carefully styled mustache on his upper lip as he smiled. "I'm home," he called out with a deep voice, walking straight in to the kitchen where he grabbed Leona and lifted her as he spun her around - a trait that it seemed Connor had picked up on. "Well well well, if it isn't the most beautiful woman in the world," he chuckled before showering her with kisses. He didn't put her down but instead looked around at the dinner she was preparing. "Do we have guests my love?" he asked, putting her down.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 9:12 am

Leona chuckled at Saoirse, touching her cheek gently. "You dont have to help me, sweet child. I can see that you'd rather go with Connor, though it is heartwarming to see how you care" she smiled, looking up at the clock. "Conrad could be stepping through the door any minute, so you dont have to worry," she assured her, moving away to get the things she needed from the fridge. Connor grabbed Saoirse's hand and nodded towards his room, "Let's have a look at your homework," he urged her with a smile.

She looked up at him with worried eyes, not really wanting to let go at all, but then he chuckled and his words confused her for a second. Then a bright smile spread on her lips as she started chuckling, "Is that what she agreed to?" she asked, since she hadnt heard anything of the conversation he had had with her mother. She listened to him as he explained what that implied, nodding before she made a deep sigh, like a heavy weight was now gone from her shoulders. "Do you think its better this way?" she asked him, when she heard the front door open. She turned her head and a bright smile spread on her lips.

Leona turned as her husband had announced his arrival, opening her arms as he approached her to then chuckle as he spun her around. "Oh you charmer," she whispered softly, her whole demeanor changed as she felt his embrace. His question however made her step out of that loving person to concerning mother again. "Yes. The man who took our daughter home at the last art event," she explained, lifting a hand to cup her face as she looked a little distressed. "I dont know where to place him, but I've given him a chance to prove himself either way," she said, looking at her husband with a worried expression. She was only speaking so freely because she knew none of their children would hear them. "I worry that if I didnt, we were going to have another runaway situation," she confessed, frowning for a second but then she turned to prepare some vegetables, peeling them before running them under the faucet.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 9:28 am

Saoirse went with Connor, sitting down on his bed with him as they review the assignment. She had some other schoolwork, but they were due the day after tomorrow, so she didn't want to waste her time here just doing that. Turning her head she looked at the nephilim, then at the door that was closed before leaning close to him and planting a kiss against his lips. She had missed him. "Sorry, where were we?" she mumbled, chuckling a bit as her focus went back on the homework.

Gerard nodded, smiling as he felt a little relieved himself. "I think it's the best possible outcome," he confessed. Although he wanted to hold her close and kiss her, he also knew that she would have to figure out on her own if she truly wanted something with him in the future. She could get to meet a lot of guys her age before her birthday, and he had made a mental note that he was not going to stand in the way of that. "I like your mother, she has a clear concern for you and I admire that," he said truthfully.

Conrad frowned at his wife's words, mostly because he had worried as well, but he was probably better at hiding it behind laughter. The mention of last time Tessa ran away made his eyes look rather sad. He knew that Leona and her daughter was awfully similar in temper, so of course they butted heads a lot. "She made us a promise last time, and she's showing honesty by even bringing him here," he said, placing a kiss on his wife's shoulder with a small sigh. "I'll go greet him then ... But I promise to come help, you cooked yesterday too," he reminded her. They usually took turns preparing dinner, but Conrad had had a few late nights of work over the last month. It was nothing major, just something that happened from time to time at the office.
Walking in to the living room he smiled at his daughter before walking to her, wrapping his arms around her. "Hello my sweets," he said, giving her a kiss on her golden hair before looking at the man in the room with her. Conrad narrowed his eyes, looking at the man that was clearly much older than Tessa was. Gerard held out his hand quite politely and the father took it with a firm squeeze. "The man behind the mystery, I see," he said. Gerard chuckled, shaking his head lightly. "There is no mystery, I'm afraid, but I'm happy to meet you; I'm Gerard," the nephilim said. Conrad nodded, looking him up and down. "Conrad Morgan," he simply said, before letting go of his hand. "I'll help your mother prepare dinner, why don't you two set the table?" he asked his daughter with a gentle smile. Then he walked to the stairs, looking up as he yelled hello to Connor, surprised to hear Saoirse also reply but it only made him smile. He had been confused at first, but ultimately he saw the trybrid as a fully fletched daughter of his when she was over.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 9:50 am

Connor as the geek he was was already deep into reading her homework, so when she kissed him on the lips, he needed a second to realize she was kissing him, before he could kiss her back. But she leaned away so he looked at her for a second, shaking his head at her apology to then lean in and carefully kiss her lips. He knew Buffy and Baal had found out about what they had done so he was mindful to not spark any tension. Just being sweet and loving instead.

“I know but she’s also very driven by her emotions. And right now it seems that she think he’s the one for her,” she sighed. She knew Tessa had just hoped for a green light to do whatever she wanted but Leona just couldnt do that as long as she was as young as she was. “Cooking helps my worry,” she argued, looking at her husband with a short smile. She knew it was silly but in a way she could understand why Tessa was behaving as she did, because Leona had been quite alike when she met Conrad. Her parents hadnt thought he was a good match for her, that his blood woumdnt do the bloodline well and yet here they were with two children that seemed like a blessing from above. Leona did consider Saoirse as a daughter to her, but she couldnt just fully rob Buffy of motherhood; Because in a way, she had decided to hold a hand over her niece when Verona tragically died. Leona felt the tears press on as she thought of her sister, missing her more and more; now even more with the thing going on with Tessa. She felt a little alone beside having Conrad to support her.

She nodded at his words, but a part of her couldnt really be happy about it. She wanted to be with him and she didnt really want to wait, so to her it was only a mystery why her mom couldnt just look beyond her nosetip and see that. However when he seemed to compliment her mother for her concern, Tessa scoffed, “It’s only because I ran away once. I was gone for a couple of weeks before they found me,” she explained with a frown. The frown disappeared completely as she saw her father, running to him with her arms spread wide, wrapping around him for a tight hug. “Father,” she greeted him in a happy tone, letting go before she let him greet Gerard. She couldnt really tell if her father was approving or disapproving of Gerard but time would have to tell.
“Sure, we’ll do that,” she said before she watched her father walk off. She went to a cabinet to open it and pull out a few plates. She placed them on the table and handed a few to Gerard while she placed some herself. “This mentoring thing wont change how I feel about you,” she said like she needed to clarifiy that, looking at him with serious eyes.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 1:37 pm

Saoirse had resorted to only kissing him when she couldn't hold back any longer, but feeling him kiss her again made her sigh as she smiled against his lips. Deciding not to try anything risky with his parents in the house they continued with the homework.

"I seem to remember another valkyrie who thought she had found the right one in a young human," Conrad teased lightly. He knew it was a tough one, because it was hard to judge someone for following their heart when you yourself had done it. He leaned in, placing a kiss against her cheek.
While Conrad was seemingly a rather tall and strong man, he had a heart of gold, so of course he still spun his little girl around when she came running like that. Even from the beginning of time he had always been supportive of her being who she was. He was a bit concerned about the stranger that seemed to have won over his daughter in some regard, but he decided to let time tell.
He instead joined his wife in the kitchen, telling her about his day and what he was planning regarding the upcoming deal his lawfirm was hoping to settle on.

Gerard helped Theresa spread the tableware around, managing to send her a smile as she said her feelings wouldn't change. "I don't intend to change mine either," he said, touching her hand lightly as she handed him some glasses. "After dinner would you mind showing me around the house? I don't think I've ever been to one like this," he asked. He had been to gatherings for art, but never a true family home.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 6:07 pm

The tease made her frown a little but all in good spirit as a smile was also present on her lips. "From what I recall, you werent that young," she teased back, poking him lightly with her elbow. But in a way he was right and she didnt really want to dictate what Tessa did with her life, she just didnt want her to throw away the chance to live her childhood to the fullest before she would never see it again.
When he returned to the kitchen she looked at him with a soft smile on her lips, listening to how his day had gone. She then spoke about her own work and some incident at the office with the ink in the printer, leaving all documents for today in some odd colour. She chuckled softly and shook her head, finding it quite funny. She then asked him what his first impression of Gerard was.

A smile spread on the young valkyrie's lips as he clarified that his feelings wouldnt intentionally change either. She nodded in reply to his answer, placing down a fork and a knife at every seat, though she did note his words about never being in a house like this one. She checked if they had gotten everything, placing a hand on the jug with lemonade before she looked at him with a soft smile. "I can show you my old room now if you wanna see it?" she suggested, walking towards the door to the hallway. She nodded for him to follow and lead him down the corridor, seeing that her room hadnt been upstairs with Connors before she moved. She opened a door to a rather big room, that now seemed to be some sort of guest room. "I sleep here whenever I stay for movie nights, and they've also let me have the closet for a few things," she said as she sat down on the bed and looked at him, gesturing for him to look around if he wanted to. The room was elegantly put together while still carrying that homely feeling about it. Though it was clear that no one was living in the room as there was a bookcase with presumably both Conrad and Leona's work and a fair few family albums, and a few books about the bloodline that Leona and her children shared. There was also some of Tessa's old albums from when she started doing photography but she had long forgotten about those.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 7:51 pm

"Well it's hard to get a real impression of the guy, but I can feel there's that thing like with Tessa," he said, making a movement with his hand as he didn't really know how to describe the thing. It was probably the whole being creative thing, but he frankly couldn't put words to it right now. "But he's polite, and part of me wish he wasn't," he chuckled. Perhaps it was just something fathers would always worry about, that their daughters were being safe and looked after, and if she had brought home a rude daemon, well he would've had an easier job throwing the guy out. Shaking his head a little he grabbed a pot, filling it with water for the pasta. Tessa could eat pasta with every meal, so it had just become a stable to have at the dinner table. "I think I'll probably have to have a proper conversation with him, but it seems like you have," he said, wanting to hear what she had seen so far.

"I would love that," he said with a smile, following her after they had set the table. She lead them in to a rather nice room, the same theme as the rest of the house it seemed, and for a second he was feeling himself surprised. He knew that people had different houses based on the different amounts of income, but having this much space as a child was just mind-blowing to him. "So this room was all yours?" he asked just to be sure. He looked at the different books, smiling a bit to himself as it seemed so estranged to him. He took out a photo album, lifting it to just feel how heavy it actually was. He wouldn't open it unless she allowed it, but just knowing how many pictures were in there was really surprising to him. Chuckling a bit to himself he found it a little absurd, because him and Xalvador only had three pictures from their childhood: How they looked when they arrived, a picture of them together, and how they looked when he reached the age of 18 and Xalvador at 16 when they left the orphanage. "May I look?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 8:28 pm

She nodded as she understood what he meant, she had gotten the same feeling about him just from the way he spoke about art. She mixed all the vegetables after she had cut them, opening a few cabinets to look for something to pour over it. She decided to add a little bit of olive oil and mix it with a little bit of salt. "Yeah, me too," she sighed and then chuckled. It definitely made it harder that he seemed like a good guy. She narrowed her eyes a little at the pot of pasta but chuckled, knowing Tessa loved it. "He admitted to kissing her, but that's about it. I just find it so weird that a man of his age would want to be friends with someone as young as her. I dont know if it's just because I'm judgemental, or worried or maybe a bit of both," she explained with a sigh. Then she looked at him with guilty eyes. "I lied to Buffy and told her that he was Tessa's new mentor in art," she admitted, mixing the salad with wooden spoons.

"Yep," she chuckled as she nodded, placing her hand behind her as she leaned onto it just a little. She watched him look around, a small smile lingering on her lips. She noticed how he grabbed the photo album, tilting her head to the side. "The green one is all my old photographs, that one you're holding is strictly baby pictures and my brother since he's the first born. You'll need to grab the red one if you want my pictures. My parents didnt really keep most of my baby pictures due to you know, so that's all Connor in that one," she chuckled. The red one wasnt as heavy but definitely filled with a lot of pictures as well. She patted for him to come sit with her so they could look together.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 8:41 pm

Conrad frowned a bit at the notion that this Gerard had kissed his daughter, but he was probably just worried like Leona was. It was hard dealing with this stuff, because he felt like every step they had taken in their daughter's life it had been for her sake. However what she wanted now might not be what she needed. "Well, one thing is for sure, she knows when she wants something and doesn't stop until she gets it," he said in a pondering tone. Then the valkyrie confessed having lied to Buffy, making him raise an eyebrow at her. "But you never lie to her?" he scoffed in disbelief. He shook his head, he knew this was something else. "For now it's only a friendship anyways, and maybe having someone around who knows what he's doing in this field might inspire her to aim higher?" he said. He wanted to look at it from all sides, perhaps a bit of a habit he had from his work.

Gerard nodded, grabbing the red one as he moved over to sit beside her. He hadn't ever really looked at pictures like this but he opened it, reading the small words that Leona had written inside about the age of Theresa and places they had been in this album. Flipping it once more he was greeted with a picture of a young child, big grin as she was dressed in a large jumper and big jeans. He smiled, looking at the little girl in the picture. "It looks like it had been raining," he noted, pointing to her wet blonde strands and the trail of mud up her jeans. Chuckling he flipped through it once more, looking at the different pictures; some even had who looked to be the fenix from earlier and a boy, along with Connor and Tessa. He wondered just how much family she truly had. "Where are the pictures of the girl who's with Connor now?" he asked, as he could see her and Theresa had been roughly the same age. Or at least he guessed from the young woman's behavior.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 9:28 pm

“She sure doesnt,” she remarked with a sigh. But it was also what they loved about their daughter and Leona knew her stubborn nature would help her later in life. She felt bad for having lied, also due to the fact that she had done it so casually. “I hope so. But I dont know how I’ll feel if she’s just seeing this as something she can wait for,” she pondered with a worried expression. She placed the salad in the fridge before she began on another, knowing Connor and Tessa liked different things in a salad. Though she noticed that Saoirse would eat anything that was served.

As he sat down next to her, she decided to lean a little closer to him, resting her shoulder against his arm as she looked down into the album. It was interesting enough how in most of her pictures even as a kid, she had long hair and a ponytail to keep her hair out of her face. Though her clothes werent exactly gendered, it was obvious that she wore what seemed to be more feminine than for boys. His question made her sigh as she leaned her head a little onto his shoulder, “She wasnt around when we were kids,” she admitted as she looked at him. “But I cant tell you why, so please dont ask,” she said in a sadened voice. “It’s a complicated matter and we’re trying to keep her safe,” she whispered, not being able to say more than that. She looked down at a picture and frowned a little as she recognized it rather fast. It was the first time she had put on some of her mother’s makeup and done her hair in pigtails all on her own though on the picture she only had one eye done as an inexperienced makeup user would have applied it while the other eye was smudged. “The babysitter found me and tried to remove it before my parents got home. But luckily for me they got home and found us. The next day they took me to a specialist,” she explained, looking at the picture for a little longer before looking at him again.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 9:49 pm

Conrad nodded however he also had a suspicion that their daughter would be stubborn enough to wait however long it took. "I just want her to be safe and happy," Conrad said, stopping as he looked at his wife. Hadn't that always been what they wanted? Why they had sought professional help for her back when she needed it, why they had encouraged her artistic ways. It was the same with Connor, he was a brilliant young man and he had so much of life ahead of him to see everything he was reading about in his books. It was true they were both very proud of their children. "I don't like to think what they might do or ... Gods give me strength ... But in the end we really can't control it, can we?" he sighed, closing his eyes as he massaged his nose bridge with his thumb and index finger. "If we disapprove, she'll want it more, but if we approve then we at least know what's going on, right?" he asked, genuinely needing to hear his wife's opinion on this. Being a parent wasn't easy, but it was so rewarding, and Conrad felt like he and Leona had raised such great kids.

When she went on to explain, albeit briefly and with very little information given to him, he nodded, keeping in mind not to ask. Perhaps the girl was adopted? However she looked too much like the rest of the family so he doubted it. They got stuck on a picture, and he listened as he just looked at the child from so long ago. In many ways it felt like Theresa might've lived a longer life on a shorter amount of years than he himself. "Well I'm happy to inform you that your make up skills have improved," he smiled, wrapping an arm around her. He knew hw should be careful, but he also wanted to show her support that he was there for her. He felt her look at him, smiling as he turned his head, placing a kiss against her forehead. "I wish I could show you my life in pictures," he confessed, turning his attention back to the photo album, but keeping his arm around her.
A broad smile spread on his face as he saw a picture from one halloween where the whole family was dressed up. Conrad was dressed as a detective, Leona was a pirate, Connor was a professor and Tessa was dressed as a princess. "So I was right, tu es une princesse," he whispered in light teasing, but he liked seeing how they had seemed to embrace Theresa from such an early age. It was almost a miracle in a way.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 10:32 pm

She sighed at his words and shrugged. “I dont know,” she said with a sad expression. “I really miss Verona. She would have had some odd angle to throw in that would make us see it differently,” she said in a sad voice, looking down at the kitchen table for a while as he head sunk down between her shoulders. She shook her head and sniffled. “It’s noting,” she quickly whispered, correcting her posture.

She stuck out her tongue at his remark but snuggled up a bit to him as he placed his arm around her. She actually liked this quite a lot, showing him her childhood through pictures. She smiled softly at the kiss on her forehead though she would have liked more; but it was always like that for her. His confession made her frown a little concerned as she looked at him. “You dont have any pictures?” She asked but it was quite obvious that he didnt, she just didnt know why. She looked down at the album again and noticed his broad smile as she tried to figure out what photo he was looking at. “Halloween,” she whispered, remembering how happy she was back then. It was back when she was starting her transition and ot was also the night that really seemed to make people around her realize that she was in fact a girl. She looked up at him and poked his cheek, “Chill with the charms,” she chuckled, but she wasnt actually serious. “It’s one of my best memories,” she remarked, “I’m glad you dont find my pictures silly,” she said as she looked at him with serious eyes.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 10:50 pm

Conrad felt his own eyes show sadness at the mention of Verona. He missed her too, even though it would never compare to the loss that Leona, Buffy and Xander had gone through. He hadn't seen much of Verona's ex husband, but he was rarely there for the kids anyways, however he had been at the funeral. "We both know it's not nothing," he sighed, turning her before wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close to his chest. Kissing the top of her head he felt a little unable to find his words, but he knew that words didn't matter right now. No amount of words could ever describe how much they missed Leona's sister.
He stood with her for a bit, just holding her because he knew she needed it. She was a strong woman, one that carried so much on her shoulders, but he was always there when she needed him to be. "But you have to remember she's never going to be completely gone; I see her in Buffy and Xander ... And even more in Saoirse," he said, smiling at the last mention. It was crazy how that girl reminded him so much of Verona, but he guessed it was because of Buffy. "And she's still with us, looking at us and watching over us," he said softly, kissing her hair a few times.

"I have a couple," he confessed, but he didn't know if going in to it right now was that good of an idea. His childhood was so far removed from Theresa's, so he felt like breaking it down to her wouldn't be good right now. "You can see them some time, I promise," he said, sending her a reassuring smile. He wasn't sad about his past, he was just sad that anyone had to go through what he did.
Looking at the picture it was clear it held a lot of meaning to the young valkyrie by his side, giving her a soft squeeze for good measure. "They are silly, but in the best way possible," he said, looking at the small Theresa on the picture. He had never seen anyone look as radiant as that small child. "It's memories in pictures ... I think that is why I found myself gravitate towards photography in the first place," he said rather thoughtful. He knew that he liked taking photos, he liked setting them up or capturing something new, however perhaps he was also trying to make up for his time lost. "When I take a picture, I can remember the emotions I had, I can remember what I thought about, what I worried about, what I dreamt of - and this is just the same," he said, looking at her with a warm smile. It was clear he was being sincere, wanting to let her know how appreciative he was that he was even allowed a glimpse in to this.
He felt the urge in him rise again, wanting to feel her lips and not just this light kissing on her forehead. He wanted to wrap his arms around her, lay her back on the bed and kiss her. Just pretend that he had been born around the same time as her and could be a reckless teenager once more. However he couldn't and it was paining him. "Ma chérie," he sighed in a whisper, moving his hand up and down her arm to give her some warmth. "Should we go see if your parents need help?" he suggested, perhaps it was the best option before his thoughts ran wild.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 1:14 pm

She smiled a little as he said Verona was in her children. But she hadnt realized that there was so much of her sister in the little trybrid. The thought made her eyes water a little as she nodded. She smiled happily and hugged her husband close to her. “She really does resemble her a lot, both in person and looks,” she admitted, giggling a little as she shook her head. “I know she’s watching over us. It’s just not as good as having her here physically. She had many years ahead of her,” she mumbled but decided to let it go. She couldnt keep on holding onto her grief.

She definitely agreed with him, smiling softly as she loved hearing him voice his thoughts. “Well I didnt take any of these pictures,” she remarked but she could imagine the value it had to her parents if it meant this much to her and she hadnt even been the one behind the camera. She rubbed her head lightly against him as she just kept looking around the pictures and read her mother’s descriptions.
His sigh sent a slight shiver down her spine, looking up as he suggested going out to help her parents. She wanted to stay here but could tell that he was starting to have a difficult time being this close to her. “Okay,” she whispered, carefully kissing his shoulder before leaning away from him and getting up. She took the album and put it back before she made sure that he was going to be okay. They went out to help finish up the dinner which surprised Leona a bit but in a good way.
The night ended on a pretty good note and Tessa practically interrogated him for his thoughts about it once they were heading home. She didnt want to part ways, but knew it was necessary. She did sneak in a kiss on the cheek, chuckling in a sly manner as she waved goodbye at him. She couldnt even get him out of her mind as she got home but it was always like that.

// End of topic <333
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Artistic intuition [cw]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Northern District-
Jump to: