Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Artistic intuition [cw]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Gerard

Gerard

Full name : Gerard Castell
Quote : Your heart understood mine. In the depth of the fragrant night, I listened with ravished soul to your beloved voice. Your heart understood mine.

Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 11:46 pm

"Oh aren't you the adventurous one," she muttered, not really impressed so far. It seemed like she was taking this more calmly than he was. "You know, she does turn 18 in a couple of weeks, so I really don't see a problem here - Besides haven't you ever done something stupid because you were attracted to someone?" she asked, chuckling lightly as she didn't seem to care. "Besides, he can't go to jail if there's no charges, right? If no victims come forward it's just an empty statement," she reminded him.

Gerard had a hard time following everything. Couldn't she understand that he did want her? Couldn't she see how much he was struggling? She started yelling, and every word felt like a blow to his pride, people turned their heads, but seemed to quickly look away as it was clearly a lover's quarrel. "Because I do love you, that is why," he said, reaching his hand out of his pocket, touching her hand gently before taking it in his own. He held her hand, knowing that it wasn't what she really wanted. "If I didn't love you, would I even consider what we had been doing to this degree? Would I have felt sick to my stomach thinking I could've ever hurt you?" he asked, but he honestly didn't expect an answer. It didn't matter, because in the eyes of the law all that mattered were facts. And the fact was that he was much older than her, and as it was right now, he couldn't be with her in a legal sense.
He stood there, holding her hand, looking at it as his thumb caressed it. "If a man cannot consider that his actions have consequences, then he is foolish," he sighed, looking at her with hurt eyes. He was hurting too, barely eating and sleeping his days away. "Believe me, I want to pull you close, I want to touch all of your beautifully crafted body ... I want to hear your voice in my ear, see you on my lap feel your lips against mine," he said, looking in to her eyes with a serious expression. "But if it got out, if I got accused of statutory rape my life would be over - I would have something on my criminal record that would never be able to go away, something I would be judged for and shunned for," he said. Had she even considered what might happen to him if her parents turned him in? What might happen if she suddenly felt like she didn't like him anymore and went to the police with evidence?
"Theresa, I want to be with you, I want to make you happy, but tell me how me going to prison would aid in that happiness," he asked.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

Full name : Theresa Elior Morgan
Quote : There is one thing the photograph must contain, the humanity of the moment.

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 12:05 am

“You dont get it,” he just said in disbelief, shaking his head at her. He couldnt understand why she was chuckling, but it was probably something he was too old to get. He hadnt really done much for love, not in the sense she was talking about anyway. “You really dont get it... It doesnt matter if she doesnt come forward. If her parents or some guy from her street witness anything that indiciate a relationship between them, he goes to jail. It doesnt matter if she’ll soon be of legal age, because the fact is that she isnt now,” he explained, rolling his eyes a little as he wished she would just get it.

She felt like she was on the verge of crying, feeling him touch her hand before he grabbed it to hold it. She looked at him with tears running down her cheeks, her lower lip quivering with sadness. His question made her frown but she didnt know what to say. She had no idea if it was a way to tell if he lpved her, because he hadnt felt anything like this before, being so in love with someone and so fearful of having her heart broken.
Even if she had hoped for more than just hand holding, it was calming her down to feel his thumb caress her skin. She listened to his words and her expression seemed to soften up a little as the things he listed just made her remember how good it had felt back then. Even if it was just one night. But then the reality check came, he spoke of how life for him would be if they were found out. She hadnt really thought about it, because it hadnt even crossed her mind. She was too blinded by the love she felt for him to consider how dangerous it was for him. “I cant be happy without you,” she said a little hoarsely, looking at him with eyes that clearly showed how lost she felt. She didnt want him to go to jail, but she didnt want to just end it here.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

Quote : Your heart understood mine. In the depth of the fragrant night, I listened with ravished soul to your beloved voice. Your heart understood mine.

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 12:18 am

"Could you maybe unclench your ass for one second?" she asked in a colder tone, narrowing her eyes before sighing. "I know it's risky, fuck I've been with my fair share of guys way older than me, but to not give them a chance to figure it out themselves would be a disservice," she said, feeling the sun above was hot, but the shade from her umbrella helped a lot.

"There's no laws against friendships," he said, hoping she knew what he was saying. Even if that could bring along problems and accusations of grooming, at least it would mean that he could see her. Even if it wouldn't be what they really wanted, it could make an eventual relationship that much stronger. "However I don't want to proceed with anything before I've met your parents," he clarified. He was not someone who snuck around and behind the backs of other people's family. If they were going to have a relationship - friendship at least - then he would have to meet them. They needed to know who he was and what intentions he had. "You can introduce me as a colleague, or anything you want, but I can't be your boyfriend without their consent," he said, feeling like he was getting a headache wrapping his mind around all of this. He wanted to do this right, start with a clean slate and see where it led them.
"And when the time is right and if you still feel as strongly about me, I would ask you to be my partner," he said, looking at her with serious eyes.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

Quote : There is one thing the photograph must contain, the humanity of the moment.

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 12:32 am

“What? My ass is not....” he said with a confused expression but then he seemed to get it, sighing deeply as he looked ahead for a bit. “I dont have anyone else but him. If he’s gone, then I’m lost,” he just admitted with a displeased expression, looking shortly at her. “I met him when I was 5. He was 7, and ever since, we’ve never been apart. I’m sure you have a story like that with your friend. You would do anything to make them happy, even if it would hurt at first,” he said but he didnt know if she would understand. But she didnt seem like she would understand much of what it was like to have nothing but each other, he could tell that from the way she bore herself.

She frowned at the suggestion of friendship, not knowing if he was serious. Wouldnt it just hurt them more? To stay friends when they knew how they both felt about each other? It would feel cruel to be able to be so close to him but not being allowed to reach out and touch him, pull him in to kiss his lips whenever she felt the need to. Then he spoke of her parents and she looked down, her mother’s words ringing in her head. “They dont get to decide what I consent to and what I dont,” she argued, shaking her head. She just wasnt going to let her mother decide if she was allowed to see someone or not, Maddie had been right when she pointed out that her mother didnt always have the right judgement.
“I want to be your partner now,” she whispered with sad eyes, looking down at their hands. “What if we hang out one day and I feel like kissing you?” She argued, looking at him with serious eyes. “What if you feel like kissing me?” She added, thinking it couldnt ever work out.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 12:45 am

"Even if we don't wanna lose them, they still need to make their own decisions," she pointed out. Breathing out through her nose she looked towards them. "But I'll make you a promise; If anything happens that might threaten his criminal status, I'll make sure he's safe," she said. All she wanted was for there not to be asked any questions. Maddie knew how to pull strings, and she had more than a few with her family name alone.

Her whisper about wanting to be his already made him chuckle, not because he found it funny or absurd, but it was exactly how he himself felt. He wanted her now, he didn't want to waste time waiting for her, but this world was full of rules. Rules that had to be followed. "I don't have an answer for that," he confessed, feeling a bit lost. He didn't pretend to have all the answers. "But I do know that it will be a learning process for us," he said, giving her hand a squeeze. Couldn't she give this a single chance? Just a try and take it from there? "How old are you? Down to the month," he asked.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 12:59 am

“It’s not always like that on the street,” he said with a sour expression, he most definitely didnt feel like explaining that part with a vampyre he had barely met. Her talk of a promise made him look at her, nodding as he drew in a deep breath. “I appreaciate that. Despite this whole situation. I’ve seen how he is around most women. It’s different with her,” he said as he looked at them as well. He didnt really approve nor disapprove, he just wanted Gerard to be happy.

She hadnt expected him to have an answer but it was still something they had to consider. One thing could quickly lead to another and before they knew it they would probably end down a spiral that had no intention of preserving friendships or wait for birthdays. She let go of his hand but only to entangle their fingers, looking up at him while she resisted the urge to touch his face. She could tell he wasnt looking well, and she started feeling a little bad for yelling and shoving him like she did. His question made her frown and look down. “17 and 6 months. My birthday in is in February,” she explained, the corners of her mouth turning downwards a little. She then looked at him again. “Have you been eating?” She asked but it was because it was a little clear to her. Well the oncoming beard was hiding it well, but she remembered how he looked that night, how could she forget when she dreamt about it every night? “Let me take you to my apartment and cook you some food.... as friends...?” She suggested, a trying smile spreading on her lips.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 1:14 am

"We'll just have to look out for them, if you are down for that," she said, but she liked hearing that Gerard was different with Tessa. It gave her hope that the guy wasn't just some creep trying to take advantage of her friend.

February. It sounded so far away, and yet it gave him some hope. If they could survive six months as friends, who said they couldn't make a lifetime as fully fletched partners? Nodding to himself, he saw it doable. Then she asked something that made him feel silly. "Xalvador has forced something in me from time to time, but I've been sleeping mostly," he confessed. At least he was getting some sleep he had told himself. She suggested cooking food for him, a smile creeping up on his face as he nodded. "I would really like that - You did kinda promise me to let me see your studio," he pointed out, chuckling a bit as he looked at their entangled fingers. It felt good. Knowing that what he had done wasn't a crime in her eyes, even if it was in the eye of the law. Sighing to himself, he felt like they needed some sort of chaperone. "How about adding some more people?" he suggested. Perhaps it was better to ease in to the fact of being alone together first. He knew his mind would run off with him if he didn't have someone keeping an eye on him. "Your friend, Maddie perhaps? Xalvador doesn't eat, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind hanging out?" he suggested. Maybe Theresa had a bigger friend group they could also invite, just making the mesh seem less weird.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 1:44 am

“Always,” Xalvador assured her, a small smile spreading on his lips. He wasnt a cruel man and despite the scars, he wasnt really as rough as he could seem.

She wasnt really happy to hear that he hadnt really been eating and instead slept a lot more. It just seemed like a shift of scales that still made the outcome bad because of the lack of balance. The smile on his face made her expression soften up as she had missed that so much. Seeing him happy in her company once more. She chuckled with him and felt the happy emotion linger in a smile on her lips that wouldnt seem to go away. “Well it’s a bit of a mess right now. Maddie’s been with me the last couple of days to cheer me up. We hadnt really left if it wasnt because we had run out of food and blood,” she explained with a shrug.
She nodded at his suggestion, though she wanted to say no, it was just how it had to be. She wanted to do things right for his sake, so that he wouldnt end up in trouble because of her. She looked at Maddie and Xalvador as Gerard suggested bringing them too. “He can just have whatever Maddie’s having,” she said as she could only guess it was something in that alley, because her valkyrie side hadnt really seemed to be catching any daemonic vibe from the guy.

The night had gone well and it made Tessa believe that they could get through it. She had also realized that Xalvador was such a comedian once he seemed to have gotten used to whoever he was around. She had made Maddie bring Tyler too, mostly because she knew she had kept the vampyreress from him for quite some time. A few weeks had passed since that night and she had invited Gerard over after school. She wanted to show him some of her recent pictures and get some feedback. It was just a few snapshots of the busy city life in central, but there were also some pictures of willing strangers that seemed to want a good picture of themselves. She was lying on the couch as her feet were aching a little from walking all day, running a hand through her hair as she let him judge the pictures that were spread out on the coffee table. She lifted a foot and poked his shoulder with her toes when she thought he had been quiet for too long. “Are you judging them down to every little detail or something?” She asked in teasing, tilting her head a little to the side as she looked at him.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 8:29 am

Gerard had found it hard at first, wanting to be close to her but ultimately deciding to sit across from her at the dinner table. He had been very surprised to see the vampyress be with a human, but he guesses it was rather fitting for her rebellious attitude. Xalvador even seemed to open up, which made the nephilim extremely happy.

They had now been friends for a few weeks, but Gerard would lie if he said he didn't still think of her in a romantic ways. How he wanted to pick her up after school, greet her with kisses and gentle touches, but for now all he was pretty much allowed to do was hold her hand and give her a greeting and departing kiss on the cheek. It wasn't much, but it was enough for him to know it would be worth fighting for in the end. He was sitting on the floor, his legs crossed as he flipped between a few pictures. Her teasing remark made him smile. "Of course I am, ma chérie, I need to make sure you stay on track and don't lose focus," he said, looking at her with soft eyes. He couldn't stop calling her by that little nickname, but he had decided only to do it when they were alone. It gave some sort of reminder to him how much he cared, and hopefully it would help her know when he found her absolutely breathtaking.
Reaching over he took her foot in his free hand, massaging it softly as he knew she had had a long day. "I really like the one with the runner," he said, lifting it up so that she could see. "She frames the picture nicely, and without her it would just be a road in the park with trees," he said, smiling a bit to himself. Despite how hard it was for him to hold back, it was clear how supportive he truly was when it came to art. He never directed her or told her what to change, only what he liked and what he thought she could do better. In fact it was boosting his own creativity having to share pictures with her like this. Placing the pictures down he decided to grab her foot with both hands, massaging it softly as he looked around her studio. It wasn't much bigger than his own, but she didn't have to share it with anyone.
"You need to be mindful of your feet, I can practically feel how exhausted they are," he said, moving his thumb a little harder around the foot of the heel. "Are you ready for the weekend?" he asked, knowing there was a patron's party coming up.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 8:56 am

His answer made her chuckle but she liked how he stuck to calling her what he called her the first night they met whenever they were alone. She let him grab her foot but a soft strained groan left her lips as he started massaging it. It really really bad how tired her feet were and the light pressure from his hand was slowly warming up those sore muscles. She looked at the runner picture and smiled at his words. “I see what you mean. But I would have to blur her face out a little because it’s right there and everyone can see it. I dont want to get sued,” she remarked with a chuckle.
She lifted her hands and placed them behind her head as he started to use both hands on her foot, groaning a little softly whenever he hit a tough muscle. “I just couldnt stop, my brain kept seeing new frames and scenery all over the place,” she argued, smiling a little bit. It made her happy that her creativity seemed to have been boosted to insane levels when she finally got him back. Sure it was hard just being friends at times, but in the end she really did love him enough to see the point in waiting; at least for his sake.
His question made her pout as she looked up at the ceiling with annoyed eyes. “Yeah, as ready as I can be. My mom however, she thinks that after what happened last time it isnt that good of an idea,” she explained before she sighed deeply and frowned, “So doesnt know she’s sabotaging my chances of making a name for myself,” she said a little frustrated, removing her hands from behind her head to lift herself up on her elbows to look at him. “I dont know what to do to make her change her mind,” she admitted, gritting her teeth as the spot he seemed to be working now was very tender. “You’re really good at that,” she mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 9:06 am

"Well you have the shadows above, you could just use those to create a fake shadow over her face and make it look more natural," he pointed out. Before Theresa, Gerard rarely shared his projects with anyone before they were done, but now he seemed to share with her. Grabbing her foot was an easy way to feel a bit closer to her. However he had been managing this friendship thing quite well, even though he had to admit that he thought about her a bit too often when he was in the mood, so to speak.
She went on to explain and he nodded as he could understand. Her mother had every right to be weary, and part of him had wished he hadn't broken her trust. Her words made him chuckle, kissing her ankle gently. "What happened last time?" he asked a bit in teasing, raising a brow at her. He knew he should calm himself, but for now it was all in good fun. He kept massaging her, humming softly as if to coo her when she felt like it was a bit tender or hurt a little.
"I could talk to her?" he suggested calmly, smiling at her slight mumble, but he wanted to keep the focus on this conversation. "Let her meet me and maybe let her see that I'm not some monster trying to steal her little girl."
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 9:17 am

She could see the point of retouching the picture in the way he suggested, nodding as she made a mental note. Then the conversation went to the night they met and her mother’s protectiveness. His teasing words made her stretch her foot to place her toes on his mouth. “Are you sure you want a resume?” She chuckled but in a way she was also serious. She definitely felt like being with him had changed something inside of her, even if they hadnt done much. She had started experimenting with different things, while she kept imagining it would be his hands as he whispered sweet nothings against her temple. Though admitting any of that would put them in a compromising situation.
His suggestion made her raise an eyebrow and his addition made her chuckle. “But you are trying to steal away her little girl. You’re just waiting a few more months before you finish the job,” she shrugged, not really thinking of it as a big deal. “Okay, you can talk to her. But she’ll ask questions, a lot of them and they can also be very harsh. I’ve seen her make many grown men cry for less,” she warned him, switching her feet so he could work on the other.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 9:25 am

She placed her toes on his lips and he chuckled at her words, kissing her foot gently. "Perhaps not ... I'll wait until I'm alone later to think about it," he confessed with a smile. Finishing up her foot, he couldn't help but laugh softly at her retaliation. In a way she was right, but he didn't really like thinking of it like that. The only reason he was waiting was because he wanted to do the right thing. He wanted to prove to himself and others that he wasn't just some creep. "If she makes me cry it only serves me right," he pointed out, letting her foot go to grab the other, frowning as it seemed even worse than the first.
"If you take from her, I should be scared of the fierce lioness she is," he chuckled, focusing on one spot and only moving on once he felt it loosen up the tension. "Would you set it up? Perhaps tomorrow? Or we could even go right now if you're feeling brave," he suggested.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 9:32 am

His confession made her narrow her eyes at him before she sighed deeply. He was really good at making her want him when she knew they were better off waiting. She shook her head as he thought he was deserving, “No she’s just really strict and knows how to press buttons,” she sighed. A soft moan left her lips as he starting working the foot that was definitely worse than the other. She had a bad habit of leaning onto it. “You just cant show her weakness,” she chuckled, knowing that was how her mom eventually got people.
The thought of going already today made her frown a little. “I dont want her to scare you away right away,” she remarked before she carefully moved up to sit, to place a hand in his soft thick curls. “But okay. I’ll set something up tonight,” she smiled, touching his scalp gently.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 9:43 am

Oh even if it was just moans from the tenderness of her foot he felt himself wanting to hear more. He did however manage to hold back somewhat, nodding as she explained her mother and how she operated. Not show weakness, be mindful of her strictness. He thought it would be pretty easy to keep in mind, but then again he didn't know her mother like Theresa did. As she sat up he let go of her foot, smiling as she touched his hair and scalp, closing his eyes as there didn't seem to be any greater pleasure for him right now. "I better get home and prepare then," he said, opening his eyes slowly. It wouldn't be a good start if he arrived with her, no he had been invited over and would arrive by himself at the given time.
Moving to his feet he leaned down, kissing her forehead softly. "Text me when you have a time and place," he encouraged her, letting his hand cup her cheek for a second. How he wished he could just kiss her for real, press himself closer to her just to feel her, but he reminded himself that even in the privacy of their homes they needed to be mindful.

He left shortly after, going home to grab a shower, shave and basically just try not to panic. Gerard was usually a calm person, but he felt nervous. Going out he picked up a bottle of wine, knowing that he at least had to bring some sort of gift along. Feeling his phone buzz he knew it was Theresa with the information. Depending on where he needed to be, he would either walk or take a taxi.
Standing in front of the door to her childhood home felt a little strange, but he also felt a rush of happiness. Mostly because he had grown up without a family, and to know that she had had a safe upbringing was a good feeling. Knocking on the door he awaited answer.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 10:27 am

She hadnt wanted him to go but it was their best option. She followed him out and hugged him close before she let him go, walking back in to call her mother and set it up. Of course Leona wasnt too happy with the suggestion but she agreed to it either way, because she wanted to know who it was that her daughter had gone home with that night.

Tessa was sitting on the couch in her family home, Connor sitting on the other side as he read a book as he always seemed to be. “You’re a nerd,” she told him, mostly because she was tense and nervous about what was about to happen, “Where’s this coming from?” Connor asked a little confused, looking at her with narrowed eyes. “I meant what I said,” she mumbled, chewing a little on her nails but not hard enough to break the nail.
Leona opened the door with a neutral expression, eyeing him up and down before a small welcoming smile spread on her lips, “Tessa didnt mention that you were part seraph. I had expected a full blooded daemon,” she remarked, opening the door for him. Even though her words could seem like a relief, if Tessa had been there she would have warned him. “I’m Leona,” she said, holding forward her hand once he had taken off his jacket and gotten out of his shoes. “So you’re the one she ran off with that night,” she said, studying him right from the features on his face to his posture and shine.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 10:43 am

Gerard had felt rather nervous, but standing here in front of the door it was almost like a rush of relief when the door opened. He could see the features of Theresa in her mother, but to him it was more like recognizing a relation than actually finding the mother attractive. She was a beautiful woman, like most seraphim women were, her blonde hair and green eyes staring right in to his soul it seemed. He simply nodded at her remark, stepping inside and removing his jacket and shoes rather elegantly. He was clearly calm and relaxed, he had even managed to get a small nap to make him look more refreshed. Taking her hand he gave her a firm yet polite squeeze, smiling friendly at the valkyrie. "Gerard, pleasure to finally meet you," he said with a warm smile. He wasn't afraid of meeting new people, and he knew that despite his upbringing he was rather well put together.
He could tell from the way she was looking at him that she was ready to use anything and everything against him. "I'm afraid it was," he agreed, letting her lead him in to the house. Complimenting the home he looked around, finding it so homey. "You have a very talented daughter and I guess we creatives seem to stem together like flocks of fish at times," he remarked, looking at Leona before looking at the young man on the couch. "Cornelius, am I right?" he chuckled, walking over to take his hand as a greeting. Looking at the book he smiled. "Good choice, have you read some of his other books? I myself am a fan of the stories containing the first recorded story of a nephilim," he said, striking up some casual conversation before looking at Theresa. By Verity she looked more beautiful every time he saw her. "Theresa," he greeted, a warm smile on his face as he pulled her in to a brief and friendly hug. "How are your pictures coming along for this weekends patron gathering?" he asked, even though he knew he was keeping it casual.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 11:05 am

His agreement was making her raise her eyebrow slightly but she led him into the house instead of jumping straight to interrogation. “I see. But she is still too young to get mixed up with all those adults, including you,” Leona just casually said as Connor looked up at them. He looked a little confused at Gerard but nodded as he seemed to know. “Call me Connor,” he said with a smile, not really being that used to hearing his full name. He took the hand that he was offered, giving it a firm squeeze like the young man he was. He looked at the book that he was reading and smiled as Gerard seemed to know the author. “It’s a supplement to my exam, not that I need to read it, but I want good grades,” he explained, though he did like the book.
Tessa was trying to contain how happy she was to see him again even if it had only been a few hours since they last saw each other. She leaned into the hug as it was only brief, smiling softly at his question, “I think I have a picture that would amaze,” she said before she eyed her mom. Leona crossed her arms and tilted her head. “What picture is that?” She asked, despite how she had told Tessa she couldnt go, she wasnt heartless. Tessa got up to go get her bag, pulling out a folder with different pictures. She showed a few different pictures, some of Maddie and Tyler that were taken a few days ago in spme urban abandoned building but among the pictures was the one Gerard had said he liked earlier. Leona stopped at it and looked around it before she flipped through. “Well these are good Tessa,” she said before she looked at her daughter. “But I’m still not convinced that you should be going,” she said, handing back the folder. Connor had gotten up and took the folder to look at the pictures, though he seemed to study them a little closer. “They’re not just good, they’re amazing,” he said before he looked at the others. Leona looked at Gerard, crossing her arms again. “What kind of pictures do you do Gerard?” She asked with her head tilted to the side.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 11:23 am

Her remark did nothing to really deter him. He understood the implication just fine, but he also believed that she might be too overprotective. Gerard nodded at Connor's words, making a mental note to try and use that instead. "Well if you find yourself taking a fondness for the author, I might have a few more books to recommend," he smiled politely. It was fair to say that he liked books, anything creative seemed to peak his mind.
Theresa got up, grabbing the folder that he had already looked through earlier, but as Connor grabbed it, he walked over, standing beside him as he looked at the pictures with a studying eye. "You are improving every time I see your work, Theresa, I think these are the best ones yet," he said, shooting her an encouraging smile. He knew he had to be careful with his words, but showing his passion for photography was just something that came naturally for him.
Leona spoke to him and he hummed as he looked at the pictures before looking at the valkyrie. "Model work mostly these days - It pays the rent - but my real passion is nature and the abstract," he explained. Although the two terms might contradict each other, he found they had a symbiotic relationship. "I have a small studio in Central where I work out of," he explained, digging in to his pocket to take out a business card. It had all his information on it, along with an address to the studio he also lived in. "I'm afraid my website is in dire need of a renovation," he apologized with a friendly smile. So far he could tell that Leona wasn't warming up to him, but perhaps she never would. She seemed like a strong woman, one that had a lot of experience in life.
"However I would suggest you let Theresa show these pictures off, the sponsors have increased in size and if she wishes to have a continuing career it would be a good opportunity for her," he said, seemingly thinking about it rather constructively. "Besides, all are welcome this time around - I think it would be wonderful to get an outside eye on the art displayed," he said, which was rather honest. He was actively inviting Leona to join them this weekend. He knew that it would disappoint Theresa, but he wouldn't stand in the way of her getting the opportunities in life to make a living off of her art.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 11:41 am

Connor nodded in agreement to Gerard’s words as he looked at his mother. Even he could tell that she was being unreasonable, but frankly he thought that if she had any idea what he was to Saoirse, his words would have held no value. “The last time she went, her art was peaking on social media,” he remarked, but Leona still didnt seem like she was budging. Instead she flipped the conversation to Gerard, wanting to hear more about him. He said models and she frowned subtly, “Are they fully clothed?” She asked like it mattered. Tessa groaned in annoyance, “It’s work mom, it’s nothing sexual,” she said but Leona kept her eyes on the nephilim.
She took his card and inspected it before slipping it in her pocket. Then he started speaking of the upcoming event and Leona sighed. “She shouldnt be taking all this money, we’ve given her more than enough to keep her going for a long while,” she said but Tessa shook her head, “I’ve donated most of the money to art related things,” she admitted even though it definitely wasnt what the sponsors would have thought she woild do. But Leona did like the notion that it was open for all, Tessa obviously didnt. “Could be that I should come see what’s happening. That way I’ll know if the enviroment is something that I’d want my daughter to participate in,” she pondered, clicking her teeth as she sighed shortly. “I’ll have time to stop by. But I still need to know more about you before I start thinking that you’ll be capable of keeping her safe. Sit,” she explained as she gestured towards the dinner table. She went to get some glasses and a soft drink of homemade lemonade. “How old are you Gerard?” She asked, pouring a glass that she offered him.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 12:00 pm

Leona asked rather frankly, but he liked that, however Theresa seemed to object making him shake his head. "It's quite alright; It mostly depends on the client, but nothing pornographic," he explained. He was open about how his business worked, and he was not going to lie and say anything contradicting. "Most people these days prefer boudoirs, it's much more intimate and focuses more on body language and emotion rather than any sexual nature," he explained. Maybe it was incriminating him, but he couldn't see why he should limit himself to what he took pictures of to make ends meet.
It seemed like the mother and daughter had some sort of fight, but it was rather subtle compared to how it probably would've been if he hadn't been there. Leona ordered him to sit, and he chuckled, smiling as he took place in a chair looking at the family in front of him. Taking the glass, he nodded and thanked her. "I'm 28," he said, taking a sip of his lemonade, pulling a delighted expression. He complimented it before folding his hands on the table. "And as of now my relationship with Theresa have been mostly friendship related - Although I must admit I have made remarks about her beauty," he said smiling apologetically. He would of course not go in to detail about what had happened that first night, but he perhaps needed to confess more. "I have also given her a kiss, which happened before I knew her age," he said. He looked down with a sigh, being silent for a while. "I know it may seem strange, why would a man approaching his 30s befriend a teenager? However I must preface this by saying that the age range for artists are extremely wide," he said, looking at Leona with a serious gaze. "Your daughter has talent, she has so much potential, and if I can help her achieve just a bit of it, I would gladly do it - with your permission of course."
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 12:59 pm

Leona wasnt sure if she believed that half naked pictures couldnt lead to anything sexual, but maybe that was just her being rather judgemental of the fact that it was a photographer and a model all alone, taking pictures. The mere thought that Tessa would do something in the likes with someone of the opposite gender made her skin crawl with worry.
She did notice how polite he was being, sitting down at the end of the table so she could face him with ease. Tessa sat down with Connor on the opposite side, she looked rather worried at the nephilim while Connor kept looking through the pictures, poking Tessa with an elbow to tell her something without disturbing the other conversation. He could tell she was worried, so he just wanted to be a good big brother and distract her so she wouldnt butt in and say something dumb out of annoyance or anger.
His answer made Leona frown as she definitely wondered what his intentions with her could have been on that night, seeing that Tessa had mentioned that she hadnt told him her age at the time. “Yes she is a beautiful girl,” Leona agreed, looking shortly at Tessa before looking back at him. But she didnt believe that that was all that had been to it. That he had taken her with him home just to be friends. The mention of the kiss made her frown but she did seem to like the honesty.
She let him speak and just listened as she barely touched her glass of lemonade. She wasnt really giving away what she was thinking but it was alwsys like that with her. Some could wonder how her hisband had managed to captivate her heart. “She is talented and I have seen the potential that she could have.... But. She is my pride and joy, blessed by Verity herself to become a valkyrie as she was meant to be always. That also means that she has a lot of responsibility on her shoulders, an image to upkeep. People look at her and want her to fail. Because they dont believe she’s desvering of what she has been given,” she explained, making Tessa look up with a frown as she hadnt heard her mom ever mention that before. Leona sighed. “I’m only this protective of her because if the right person gets the right information, it could seriously damage her name. So all this indecency with an older man? I cant allow it,” she clarified, looking at Gerard with serious eyes. “I’m not cruel. So if you can show me that your intentions with her is nothing more but a mere friendship, then I’ll believe you. But you have yet to prove yourself. Meeting me on a scheduled night is not allowing me to see the person you are,” she concluded, shifting between his eyes with eyes that Tessa believed could see right into the soul.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 5:25 pm

Gerard preferred honesty, but telling her mother explicitly what they had been doing was asking to get thrown out or perhaps skinned alive. "Right information?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, mostly because he didn't know what she meant by that. However as she started about proving himself he couldn't help but chuckle lightly.
"You say I must prove myself, and yet you have dismissed me before I could even do such a thing," he said, shaking his head because he wasn't trying to be rude. He was simply trying to understand. "I know I have no name of significance to the seraphim bloodlines as my name is self chosen, but do you think I would do anything to harm her so called reputation?" He asked blankly. He was an honest man, he wanted the truth, but alas it seemed like he might've overstepped.
"Theresa is a beautiful, talented young woman who deserves the world, I give you that and I agree, but worrying about who might wish to see her fail is not productive ... I feel drawn to her light, like a moth to a flame, that is all - However asking me to not get stronger feelings for her is not plausible, " he said in a thoughtful voice. "I am not saying romantic, but a deeper friendship that might be hard to understand," he explained.
Back to top Go down
Tessa

Tessa

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 9:00 pm

“Dont you think it would strike up rumors if a 17 year old went about with a 28 year old?” She choose to ask instead of answering his question. Surely it wasnt an absurd thought to have. She knew she hadnt really given him much of a chance, but she stood by her words, not believing she was seeing all there was to know about him. Maybe it was just the protective mother instinct in her but she just couldnt see the point in them having a friendship when the age difference was as big as it was.
“I dont know your intentions Gerard, that’s why we’re here after all, right?” She asked with a raised eyebrow. She took a sip of her lemonade before she leaned back into her chair and made a deep sigh, running a hand through her blonde hair. She listened to him as he spoke but she didnt know what to think of what she was hearing. To her it could sound like there was more than just a friendship in his eyes, but he was saying it wasnt romantic. She looked at Connor and Tessa, “Give us a moment, please,” she said in a stern voice that made both frown but they got up and left, Tessa stopping in the door as she looked at her mother with a warning look in her eyes.
Once Tessa was gone, Leona looked at Gerard, despite her being leaned back just a little her posture was just on point. “Can we agree on one thing. It is worrisome that a man of your age is interested in seeking a friendship with such a young girl?” She asked, tilting her head to the side. “She’s still so young and it would only be cruel to make her mingle with adults when she is merely one herself,” she added and crossed her arms.
Back to top Go down
Gerard

Gerard

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 10:43 pm

Frankly he had never been in a situation like this before. And part of him felt like he couldn't be completely honest when he knew it would hurt Theresa. The mother had every right to be worried, because frankly he was a fraud, wasn't he? He asked the two siblings to leave he still felt the same form of relaxed as before.
He smiled at Leona's words, chuckling to himself. "I like her, that is the truth and it is horrible and I feel terrible for feeling that way when I know how strange it looks," he confessed. There was no point in lying, and with Theresa not there, along with her brother, it was easier to just open up. "I agree that it is worrisome, I've spent weeks avoiding meeting her, but fate is strange," he said in a serious voice. Of course he wasn't blinded by that infatuation he had with the young valkyrie, but he knew when things were out of line. He had a moral compass, and it was hard for him to stray from it. "But a friendship is all I can have, and if that is all I can have then that is what it will be what I hope to have," he spoke sincerely before shaking his head, running a hand through his messy curls.
"She is young, she knows that, I know that, the rest of the world knows, but you can't blame her for looking for independence in one way or another," he said in a thoughtful voice, taking a sip of his lemonade. It was quite the predicament he was in now, wasn't it? "If you tell me not to see her, I will abide by your words, even if she comes to hate me for it," he said. It was really up to her, because he only cared about Theresa's well being.

The main front door swung open and the trybrid stuck her head in with a smile on her face. "Auntie! Are you hooooomeeee?" Saoirse chuckled, stepping in and kicking  her shoes off. She stepped in to the living room, narrowing her eyes at the stranger, and suddenly felt herself retreat back and hide her bubbly personality. "I didn't know you had guests," she a little intimidated. Buffy came hurrying in shortly after. "I'm so sorry, I gotta cover for one of my colleagues - can Saoirse sleep here? Amos isn't picking up and I know better than to contact Baal right now and ..." she trailed off, looking at the nephilim, frowning because she couldn't recognize the guy. "Who is this?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artistic intuition [cw]   Artistic intuition [cw] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Artistic intuition [cw]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Northern District-
Jump to: