Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Forgotten childhood memories

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Raven

Raven

Full name : Raven

Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 12:25 am

The thing about work wasn't because she wanted to hear about it. On the contrary, she was still trying to process what she had heard that night. Looking down at her hands she hummed softly, "Little Cara," she said, closing her eyes as she was still upset about the image. "She used to ... Wear this little flower crown made of plastic and scrap," she said, smiling softly as she wanted to remember that Cara, not the sickly one with glowing eyes. "Her favorite color is blue, but she likes to say it's pink because the boys started teasing her for liking a boy color," it was clear there was so much to that little girl that Raven knew. She knew a lot of kids like that, and she knew all their names too. Knew what they liked, what they loved eating and how they reacted to scary stories. "One year her and Jane, my sister, panted a whole abandoned street in all sorts of chalk ... They were both inconsolable when it started to rain, washing it all away," she chuckled, shaking her head before the corners of her mouth turned downwards in a sad pout. Her lower lip quivered, but she refused to cry in front of Samuel like this. No, that was not something she was ever going to do, she told herself.
Turning her eyes back on the daemon she looked at him. Lifting her hand, she grabbed his wrist, holding it in place where he had been washing her down. "Why do you do it? They are just kids, all they want is just to live and be with the family they have made in the Blocks," she asked rather genuinely. She couldn't believe anyone to be so cruel. "And please don't give me some speech about necessary evil."
Back to top Go down
Samuel

Samuel

Full name : Samuel Prideux (Daemonic name: Shamael of Pride)

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 1:01 am

Little Cara. The girl hadnt even had a name on paper but she hadnt been much of a talker when they had taken her in either way. Raven spoke about about her and Samuel listened rather than dismissing her. The kids seemed important to Raven but he could’ve guessed as much from her file; Of course she had one now. He noticed how sad she got and he was ready to wipe her skin as she grabbed his hand. He looked at her, taking her rather seriously though he normally wouldnt have. How could she understand his motives? Though it wasnt a hard answer, not for Samuel. “It’s cheaper. And no one asks questions.” He said, grabbing her hand to pull it off his wrist. “Is that what you wanted to hear? Or would you rather have had me apologize for the lives lost, that I somehow suddenly got a change of heart from your little story?” He had to shake his head. He was about done talking now. Placing the cloth back in the bowl, he was clearly about to get up to go leave.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 1:17 am

It was sort of what she had expected to hear, but she felt so disappointed. He was getting ready to leave, but she wouldn't have it, not yet. "I don't expect anyone to change their minds just from me telling sob stories," she confessed. No, she might not be very well educated, but she wasn't naïve. Telling stories could only do so much, and he was immortal, rich and a man who did as he pleased. Was there really anyone who could change a mind like his? "But this is the first time since talking to you that I haven't been surprised ... And that has sort of disappointed me," she confessed. He had been so impressive, knowing things about her, taking care of her. Doing all sorts of things that made her feel like maybe he had something redeemable about him. Maybe he was just on a twisted path. But no, it seemed as though he was exactly as expected now that he had said the things so simply.
"Tell me a better reason ... Tell me that you are trying to help these kids, I don't know: At least pretend to try and win me over instead of just being such a daemon." It was some harsh words. She reached out to grab the cloth herself, her hand shaking as she tried to wring out the excess water, but she just ended up placing the cloth on her forehead anyways. Her face rather red, her eyes gleaming still. "Or maybe you just want me to believe that you are the villain," she said, laying back down, her head spinning still, the cloth dripping water down on her pillow, but she didn't care. "I can't believe you can sit here and care for me and not at least consider why I'm so special compared to those other kids, - "If I hadn't done what I did to save your life, you wouldn't have cared about me right now."
Back to top Go down
Samuel

Samuel

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 2:41 am

She spoke and he stopped himself from getting up right away, just listening to her. She had a lot of confessions but he couldnt say that he had cared what she thought about him. At least he didnt quite take her disappointment to heart.
She wanted a better reason, but was there one? It seemed like a plea; win me over as if he was just supposed to feed her some lie so she could view him in a better light. Well there would be no better light than this.
Was she having some sort of fever stroke? She at least spoke far more openly to him now than she had before. But maybe she was right in her words. He did see something in her that he didnt see in the others. And maybe he would have stayed oblivious had she not saved him first. But none of it mattered, because his heart was cold and his mind all set on his work. And yet something subconscious was holding onto her, keeping her here until she was fully healed. “Get some rest.” He said in a rather demanding tone, like he was controlling his aggression. He left her at that note, going to his office to sort out some papers.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 11:31 am

Her eyes felt heavy, the fever taking over as she spoke, and he was right in leaving her be. She fell in to a deep sleep, her nightmares vivid as if she was reliving every bad thing that had ever happened to her. The servants came to check on her every hour or so. It was quite strange how attached they already felt to her, but perhaps it was because beneath her anger they had seen someone strong.
She slept for what seemed like a whole day, or well she woke up every once in a while, seeing people around her. The doctors said she wasn't getting better. That she would probably die from this infection. Raven couldn't even react as one of the servants lifted her from the bed. This was it, she thought, they were just going to dump her down in the Blocks, not wanting to waste any more on her. But before she knew it, she felt steam all around her. A warm bath had been drawn, a male servant sitting by her feet and rubbing them harshly. "We have to draw the fever away from her head," he had told some of the other servants, and they seemed to trust him. Raven gasped softly for air, feeling how soothing the damp room was to her torn lungs. "Just relax, those fancy doctors never know what they are talking about," the servant said with a small smile. For a second she imagined it was Victor. He had cared for her when she had been sick one time. It was the only time she had seen him crack, so scared of losing her.
The servant finished up massaging her legs and she was already feeling relief. "Tell Mr. Prideux that I'll handle this," the servant said. He was probably going to get punished for this, but he was human and he couldn't fathom anyone hadn't even done this yet. "And that I need some tea brewed on Elderflower ... The fever won't break without us helping," he said.
Back to top Go down
Samuel

Samuel

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 12:20 pm

The other servants just did as the male servant told them to, clearly trusting his judgement. But none of them dared to even think about what could happen if Samuel heard of this. Even if it couæd save her life, the daemon couldnt take having his servants go behind his back, especially because they were the ones supposed to be closest to him. So when he heard that a servant had taken her healing into their own hands without asking, he went there. Entering the steamy bathroom, all the servants froze. Samuel first went to check on Raven, moving some long loose strands of hair off her forehead, before placing a hand on her head. He was quite gentle with her, caressing her forehead with his thumb. “Is it going to work?” He asked the servant, looking to him with a harsher look in his eyes, though his strokes on her forehead remained gentle and slow, as if he couldnt harm her, even if he was furious with his servants.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 12:49 pm

The servant didn't stop massaging Raven's legs even as Samuel entered. He had been with the Prideux for quite the few years, so he didn't fear getting punished. Even if he was going to. Raven whimpered as Samuel touched her forehead, looking at him with feverish heavy eyes. The male servant hummed, "I've seen this before, and she has been laying still for too long," he said with a worried frown, Raven gasping softly as her limbs felt so stiff and cold, "You're lucky she's a fighter. Most would've passed away by now." It was clear the male servant knew what he was talking about, and he clearly didn't fear the eyes that Samuel was giving him. He knew the daemon as cold and distant, but how he was with this human was almost weird, but he didn't say anything. "Samuel," Raven pleaded, her hand reaching out, trying to reach him, but her depth of perception wasn't good, so she just ended up grasping at the bathtub. Her knuckles white from how hard she was holding on, but she still felt so high on her fever.
Back to top Go down
Samuel

Samuel

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 1:32 pm

Laying still for too long? Samuel didnt question him as he seemingly knew what he was doing. He just caressed her forehead, watching what the servant did. “Well just keep her alive. She can fight through it.” He said, feeling so sure that she could handle it. Her plea made him look at her, for a second he felt like at had been his forner wife calling but seeing that it was Raven didnt seemingly change much. He moved his hand off her forehead, grabbing onto her hand that was reaching out. “You’re in good hands. I trust him.” He told her, eyeing the servant with a warning gaze. This had been out of bounds but it also seemed to have been necessary as well. “What can I do?” He asked. He was quite serious in wanting to help, which wasnt something he had done after his wife had disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 1:50 pm

The servant was rather surprised to see Samuel act like this. He couldn't recall when he had seen him like this, if ever. Raven felt his hand in her own, it somehow relaxed her and she couldn't tell why. Perhaps because she deep down had grown fond of him in some way? Though in her condition she excused it as just needing someone to be there for her. Everything was just such a fluid mess. She was assured that she could trust the servant, but she didn't trust him, though she trusted Samuel's judgement for whatever reason. The cold daemon asked if he could help and the servant nodded, showing him how to massage her legs and feet, and thereby driving the fever away from her head. "Call for a healer as well; She needs natural remedies," he told another servant, knowing Samuel wouldn't want him to leave just yet. He showed him how to massage her arms as well, anything to force the blood around her body and stiff limbs. "Keep doing that, I'll be back in a second," he promised hurrying out the door, leaving the two alone.
Raven groaned as her blood was being moved around, her eyes looking at Samuel. Why was he doing this? He had staff that could do this. "If I ... If I die ..." she muttered, having a hard time even finishing her own sentence, "I ... I want to be handed back to my family." Brock knew what she wanted done with her body, and she knew that Dove would need time to mourn. And Victor? She wasn't sure if he could comprehend her death, but he would need to see a body before he could find peace.
Back to top Go down
Samuel

Samuel

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 2:24 pm

He was shown how to handle her limbs and he did exactly as told to. If it was about getting the blood flow going, he would do exactly that. The servant left them alone and Samuel just kept massaging her, despite how he noticed her eyes on him. Was it really weird that he somehow had started to care? While he had made his promise and was intending to keep it, there was also something else that had him hold onto her. Her mutter made him shake his head, that wouldnt happen. “You’re not going to die.” He assured her. If she really was that close, he did have a tempoary solution, though Dexter probably had enough on his plate. But she fit the rest of the cases, it would be a 50/50 chance. “Do you trust me?” He asked, massaging her arms, feeling her muscles move around his touch like he was molding dough.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 2:39 pm

He sounded like he really believed it. She was starting to feel her toes, moving them carefully, groaning as they still felt so stiff. He kept massaging her arms and they felt tender to the touch, looking at him as he seemed to ask if he trusted her. A small soft scoff left her lips, "of course I don't," she said calmly, turning her eyes to look at the water she was in. She was dressed, but she still felt a little naked. Especially the way he was massaging her limbs. It felt almost intimate in a way she wasn't sure she liked. "But you want me to trust you," she said, looking at how his hands were moving her flesh around. "Is it because you are attracted to me?"
Back to top Go down
Samuel

Samuel

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 3:05 pm

She didnt? Well it wasnt as if she had much of a choice. And he wasnt sure he could fully believe it if she at least trusted that he would return her corpse to her people, if she died. He made sure to leave her wound untouched, because the last thing he wanted was to massage around the infection as well. “Maybe I do.” He said in a neutral tone, but her question made him scoff. “What an odd thing to think about when you’re fighting an infection, high on fever.” He remarked rather than answering her question. He couldnt see the relevance, so if he did? Then what? He rolled up his already wet sleeves to give her a small break before he continued. “You cant pretend like you werent pleading for me when I came to your side.” He also pointed out before he looked at her, his hands still molding her soft flesh, feeling her blood flow so easily on his palms pressed to her skin.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 3:15 pm

"I'm just trying to figure out why you are so adamant on keeping me alive," she replied, gasping softly for air as she got a small break. Her whole body was spinning a little, but she felt more clearheaded already. He spoke of how she had asked for him, and groaning softly she hummed as he started massaging her again. "But you were the one who started brushing your fingers on my forehead first," she argued. There was no way in hell she was giving him the satisfaction.
The servant returned, "it's good," he told Samuel, urging him to continue as he guided Raven to drink some concoction that smelled rather herbal. Raven drank it, coughing as it was scratching her throat, but it was clear it was already helping with the color in her face. "She needs to get dried off ... The healer is on their way, but it's going to be a rough night for her," he said making Raven grit her teeth, "don't talk about me like I can't hear you."
Back to top Go down
Samuel

Samuel

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 3:57 pm

She could keep pondering on why he was trying to keep her alive but he clearly had no intention of ridding her of her curiousity. No that would almost be too easy. Her argument made him scoff. “Maybe I’ve come to care about you.” He just said point blank before the servat returned. He hummed at his words and kept going while she was given tea. When the servant spoke to him, Samuel just nodded and looked at Raven at her words. “He’s talking to me, seeing that I’m going to be the one who has to help you.” He told her directly since that was what she was asking for. He reached down and pulled her out of the bathtub, telling the servant to bring him a towel. She felt quite thin in his arms. “I’ll take it from here.” He assured him, letting him go to do the necessary preparations for the healer.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 4:10 pm

He spoke of caring for her, but how could she trust that he was capable of that? He didn't seem to care for those poor kids. She was being lifted out of the tub, her head resting against Samuel's chest as the servant brought over a towel. The servant was dismissed, giving his master a confused look before he headed out to prepare for the healer. "Getting possessive I see," she muttered under her breath as he dried her off. She could stand a little on her feet as he dried her off, but her clothes were soaking still. "I can undress myself," she argued, hoping he would get the hint and grab her something dry to wear, being sat down on the edge of the tub. She was gasping softly for air as she started out by pulling the shirt over her head, holding a towel up to cover herself. "What are you staring at?" she asked, frowning as she looked at Samuel if he hadn't left the bathroom yet.
Back to top Go down
Samuel

Samuel

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:29 pm

“Your mockery has no end.” He scoffed, letting her stand as much as she could while he was drying off the worst. Her arguing made him give her a short look. He very much doubted it. But he helped her sit down, not really lingering as she went to dry off herself. She clearly didnt want him to see her undressed and he sort of respected it for now. He returned with the dry clothes, hopefully to see her sit where he left her and not lying on the floor because she bit off more than she could chew. Regardless he’d help her. “Place your hands on my shoulders.” He told her so she could stay stable. He’d stick her head through the shirt and then arm by arm get her into it. He let her handle pulling it down. It was a long shirt so she wouldnt feel so naked. “When you’re healed, I want you gone.” He said, maybe a little cold conpared to any other way he had spoken to her before this. He had just made up his mind. He didnt want to explore this further, find out what could be lingering around the corner. She was more a liability in his eyes now than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:45 pm

He helped her in to the dry shirt and her whole body was shivering as she used his shoulders to stabilize herself, and yet she couldn't walk just yet. As he spoke she didn't even look at him. Was she hurt by his sudden coldness? Or what was going on with her? She found it hard to wrap it around her head. "When I'm healed I promise you'll never have to see me again," she replied. What she was starting to feel was attachment. And that was the last thing she needed from a guy like Samuel. No, she was better off sticking her arm in the mouth of a lion.
He helped her back in to the bed and she whimpered as her wound was hurting once more. Gasping softly she grabbed on to the linen beneath her, her knuckles turning white as she squeezed so tightly. The servant came in with the healer who had prepared a wrapping for Raven's leg. Tears running down her cheeks as the healer started working on her leg, I have to remove all of the impurities before I can safely wrap it," the healer said. The human cried, whimpering as the pain was indescribably, gasping for air as she started sweating again. "She needs to calm down ... The more she squirms the harder it is to remove all the impurity," the healer told Samuel. The servant offering to help, but it was up to Samuel.
Back to top Go down
Samuel

Samuel

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 7:32 pm

He saw how she was looking away and he did find himself wondering how she felt about that? Though he didnt let himself linger on those thoughts as he carried her into bed. She was whimpering and he wanted to offer pain medication, but it would probably interrupt what the healer was about to do. He gave the healer space to do what needed to be done but as Raven began whimpering and crying in pain, the healer spoke out. But Samuel just acted, guiding for them to lift her before he went to sit where she would lie down, taking her into his arms, wrapping his arms around her, keeping her safe. “Grab onto my arms. Squeeze when it hurts.” He told her in a soft voice. He could handle it as a daemon surely.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 7:49 pm

Raven was taken in to Samuel's arms, her hands squeezing rather harshly around his arms as she cried from the pain, whimpering and groaning even if she wanted to scream. "Don't let go," she cried, her eyes looking at the daemon that was holding her. Never had she looked so much in pain. Clinging on to him, she didn't take her eyes off of him as the healer continued to extract the impurities. It took a while, and as the wrap was put on and secured her body fell limb in Samuel's arms, shivering from the pain. The healer inspected the wrap making her grit her teeth, panting as she was already gaining color back in her cheeks. It was slightly bitter sweet, wasn't it? With the wound now taken care of it wouldn't be long before she would heal. And then she would have to leave. "She should get something to eat and then sleep," the healer said to Samuel, looking to the servant who went off to make something to eat for her before he was ordered to it.
It was clear the whole staff was upset about what was going on. The human had somehow started making them like her, and that care seemed to grow the longer she stayed. The rumors about what Samuel had said. How when she was healed she would never return made an impact amongst the servants. One they kept silent, but they had all agreed on making sure the girl who had saved their master be as comfortable while she was here. The servant returned with the food, broth warm and with breadcrumbs in. If Samuel started to move, Raven would grab on to him in panic, her grip not as tight as when she had been hurting, but it was like she had meant what she had said.
Back to top Go down
Samuel

Samuel

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 8:03 pm

She was quite strong, he could feel that by the way she clung to his arms. It didnt hurt but it was definitely not the strength of a regular human girl. He heard her cry and he pressed his arms a little closer around her, just keeping his eyes on her. She wasnt alone, he was here with her and he wasnt leaving her alone. When it really hurt her, he felt it in his arms, making sure to give her a soft squeeze, assure her that he was there. Samuel wasnt a man of many words, he couldnt sit here with her and whisper all kind of words of comfort. But he could show that he was there, let her feel his strong arms, his face in her hair or his eyes greeting hers.
When her leg was finally cleaned and wrapped, he could also feel her relax. She would probably be sore for a while, but the worst was over now. His servants having taken a liking to the girl wasnt really Samuel’s issue but them making her feel comfortable the whole time she was here was just the service he was expecting of them. When the food arrived he thought it was time for him to move but she clung onto him and he looked at her. “Okay, I’ll stay.” He said, nodding the food over. He noved his arms down to be around her, freeing her arms. “Dont spill on me.” He warned her, leaning his head onto hers, closing his eyes for a second as he was quite relaxed. He was a working man, not often getting the time or chance to relax.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 8:20 pm

The whole time he was holding her close it was the only thing that seemed to ground her. When the food arrived she was practically terrified of being left alone. And for whatever reason he stayed with her. Her hands a little shaky as she ate, but feeling him still holding her, his breath in her hair. It was familiar in a way, and yet so new at the same time. She had gotten about halfway with her bowl as she stopped. Her breath panting, and she was clearly getting drowsy. Lifting the bowl she placed it on the nightstand, leaning back against him. Neither of them said anything, at least not for a while. Was she stupid for wanting to just pretend for a little while? Pretend that he was a guy that cared for her, who didn't hurt others?
"I really can't understand you," she whispered, her eyes heavy and she closed them just to rest them. Not wanting to fall asleep just yet, and still his arms felt so safe. "But I can't understand myself either in this ... So I guess I'm just left with a whole lot of questions neither of us want to answer," she felt sad, her hands moving down, watching where she had ruined his shirt from grabbing on so hard. It was ironic, wasn't it? It had all started with a stained shirt and now she was sitting in his arms like he actually cared for her. But how could he? She was a no-one, a mortal who came from nothing. But worst of all he was not a good man, at least not what she had heard.
Back to top Go down
Samuel

Samuel

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 8:31 pm

The silence he didnt mind. It was calm compared to her whimper and cries from before. She stopped eating and he opened his eyes a bit, feeling her lean back. She wasnt as fever warm as she had seemed in the tub. It seemed that the healer had actually done something good. She spoke after a while and he listened to her whisper. She didnt understand him? Well, did she have to? Wasnt this between them now rather simple? “For a girl raised on the streets, you surely have a need to overanalyze every aspect of your life.” He mumbled, moving a hand from around her, reaching down to grab her chin, gently and yet firm. He made her look at him. “But you know this cant go on. It has to end.” He reminded her, shifting between her eyes. The pink hue made her eyes quite beautiful, unique. Like the purple that albinos got from genetic defects and yet she didnt seem blind or affected by it, simply a colour that made her stand out.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 8:46 pm

Maybe he was right. But in her head nothing was simple, everything was complicated to some degree. He grabbed her chin, softly she turned her face to his, looking at him with curious eyes. This. What was this even? And yet the reminder stung in a way she hadn't felt before. He looked at her like she was something special. Like she meant something to him and it confused her. "And yet I can see the wheels turning in your head," she whispered, looking at his almond shaped eyes, the stern look that seemed less stern the more he looked at her. "You're trying to find an excuse, maybe think of a way to make me heal slower so I stay here longer." Or at least that was her best guesses. He was still very much a mystery to her, but it was like she could understand his eyes. Everything about him was so stoic, but not his grey eyes. No, they had emotion in them, even if he tried to suppress them. "I remind you of someone ... But if it makes it any easier, then know I'm not that person," she said, quite convinced that the sooner he realized, the sooner he could let her go, right? The sooner she would stop falling for what she took as him caring for her.
Back to top Go down
Samuel

Samuel

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 9:17 pm

She whispered and maybe she was right. He could be thinking of ways to stall the inevitable. But what use would it be for either of them? He was a busy man and she was well.. doing whatever she was, which he doubted had been escorting for real. She had a life to return to and as well as him. But then she spoke of something that made him frown a little, looking at her for a bit before he sighed. “No. You could never be her.” He said. But she didnt have to be. Sure, there had been similar traits, but it didnt make her the same as her, because she was gone. She would never come back.
“Just rest.” He sighed, letting go of her chin, leaning his head back. He could use a cigarette right about now, but she had still seemed like she needed him. Since when had he ever pushed his own need to the side like that?
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 9:30 pm

Her. She concluded it was his wife that he spoke of, and she felt weird again. Even though she knew, it hurt a bit. And his follow up? She shook her head, "just go," she said, moving out of his arms albeit a little lazily like she was already too tired to move. She just couldn't pretend with him. Of course she couldn't mean anything to him. She could never be his and he could never be hers. She had gotten to a point where she couldn't move much and the healer had instructed her to rest.

The next time she woke up it was as if everything had cleared out. Her head felt normal, her limbs warm and the wrap on her leg had been changed. Moving to sit up she looked down, for the first time not feeling dizzy in such a long time. Removing the wrap, she saw the faint scar on her leg. She had healed. It was time to go. Getting up on her legs she still felt a little stiff, but besides that she felt rather normal. Great even. Moving over to the closet she picked out some clothes, feeling the fabric between her fingers she felt like she had never been so awake. Whatever the healer had done, she felt invigorated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten childhood memories   Forgotten childhood memories - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forgotten childhood memories
Page 23 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: The Blocks-
Jump to: