Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

The shy boy [AU - CW]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
Eden

Eden

Full name : Eden Gabriel Altieri
Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 6:41 pm

Yeah, he wanted to know why. Because he really couldnt see the appeal in himself. If anything he thought he would be repelled by himself solely for how uninterested he seemed when he didnt know what to say and probably came off as unapproachable. And yet the lycan found some sort of good feeling in his company. He frowned at the notion.
There was no hint but Eden wasnt stupid. He just listened and looked at the ground. “Is that what everyone else does?” He asked, sucking lightly on the cigarette, glancing towards the lycan. Yeah, he was attractive, anyone could see that. Did it make Eden a fraud to keep it so hidden from showing that he did in fact find him nice to look at?
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

Full name : Romeo Altieri
Quote : I don’t want a life without you. If we die, we’ll die together.

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 6:47 pm

"It feels like it sometimes," he admitted with a soft scoff, flicking off some ash from his cigarette as he looked around the small smoking shed. It wasn't pretty, but it seemed like the teachers didn't care much for checking up on this place. "You make me feel comfortable," he said as he nodded a bit to himself. That was perhaps a good way to describe it. Chuckling he inhaled from his cigarette once again, looking up at Eden, "I get that I can come off as a jerk or annoying, but I honestly just want to know what I have to do to be your friend." It was sincere. It was raw. Romeo hadn't felt like this before and he felt almost liberated.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 8:47 pm

It was weird hearing that the lycan felt like people were staring at him all the time. But it wasnt like Eden could disprove it or call him shallow, because was it true wasnt it? “Comfortable?” He mumbled. This lycan could say some pretty weird things. Eden wouldnt say that he was doing anything particular and yet the lycan was seeing something he couldnt. The notion that Romeo was a jerk or annoying made Eden shake his head, though he sighed and shrugged. “I’m not good at friendships.” He just confessed, crossing his arms a little. Was it weird that he felt content with just sticking to what he knew? “Do you read?” He asked. That was after all his main go to thing to do whenever he has the time.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 3:12 pm

Not good at friendships. What an odd way to state it. "I don't need you to be good at it," he chuckled shaking his head as he inhaled the last bit of the cigarette, snuffing it out against the wall and throwing the bud in the assigned bin. Frankly he had thought that was that, but the vampyre asked something out of the blue. Was he trying? It at least seemed so. "I do," he smiled, "though I find that I mostly read non-fiction because of schoolwork and my other interests." He looked at Eden, thinking it through for a bit, "Do you like movies?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 4:26 pm

Why would he not need him to be good at friendships? How could they be friends if Eden was bad at it? The lycan seemed to get ready to leave but Eden couldnt just let him go now. So he asked a question. A simple one but at least one that could lead somewhere. The lycan’s reply made him hum, nodding at the elaboration. He finished his cigarette as well, putting the rest of it in the bin where it belonged. The question made him frown thoughtfully. “I dont mind them. But I prefer reading.” He admitted, moving a little closer to the lycan, facing him now that they were talking. “Do you?” He asked. If the lycan’s answer was yes, Eden would think for a bit. “We could watch some sometime.” He remarked, though it was more a ponder than it was an offer; but the lycan could interpret it like he wanted.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 4:30 pm

"Well reading is more of an alone thing, whi movies are more of a together thing," he remarked, "I like both for different reasons and some things are just better viewed with actors like a play adaptation or a musical." It would be quite funny to just read a musical, he pondered. But that thought disappeared as the vampyre mentioned watching a movie sometime. "Well if you want you could come by my place this weekend? My parents will be out of town, so we'll have the house to ourselves," he suggested.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 5:19 pm

“You can read together.” He argued with a small frown. Sure they couldnt read the same thing word for word but Eden would find it quite nice to just sit together and read. But maybe Romeo was right, some things played out better on screen; though Eden would probably not agree to that right in this moment. The ponder was not something he had put a lot of thought in so when the lycan suggested them getting together this weekend, Eden looked a little surprised. Especially as Romeo had to mention his parents being gone? “Because I’m a vampyre and they wouldnt like that?” He asked with a small frown.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 5:25 pm

Romeo scoffed at his suggestion that his parents wouldn't be okay with it, "no, because then we can sit in the livingroom where my dad has gotten the biggest TV I've ever seen," he chuckled. No, his parents were bigoted at times, but they also had respect for quite a few vampyre families. "Unless you want to watch it in my room? I mean the TV is nice, but I haven't had time to hook it up to anything, so it's just standing there," he thought out loud. Moving had been a hassle and he knew more of their stuff were being sent from their home back in Italy, but fir now they had the basics.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 6:00 pm

Oh the TV. He hummed, feeling a little stupid for suggesting that his parents were bigots. “I dont care what we do.” He said, looking at Romeo, eyeing him shortly before he nodded. “Yeah, this weekend. I’ve got time.” He finally agreed, realizing he hadnt even said whether they could do it or not. “I still have some things to finish up in there.” He said. Had they said enough? Or did Romeo want to speak about other things as well?
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 6:15 pm

The fact that Eden agreed made him feel a warm feeling inside. One that he hadn't really felt before, but perhaps it was the start of a minor crush. The vampyre mentioned having some things to finish up and he hummed before taking out his phone, handing it to him, "give me your number - I'll send the address." If he did, he would save the number, sending the vampyre a text so he had his number as well.
Afterwards they headed inside. Romeo got to chat with the rest of the club members, hearing about former productions and helping out where people wanted him. Sure, he had a pretty face, but he could use his hands to hold stuff or just generally be helpful.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 7:13 pm

He put in his number and checked his own phone for the text. He saved the lycan as a contact and they went inside, Eden went to finish the backgrounds he had been working on. He however wasnt too sure that he liked it. So eventually he went to the lycan, poking his arm gently. “Romeo?” He called, nodding at the lycan to follow. He would take him out in the back where he was working on the backgrounds. “I feel like I’ve been looking at it for so long that I cant tell if it’s good or bad.” He explained, gesturing for the lycan to voice his opinion; like he genuinely wanted to know what he thought of it.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 7:27 pm

Romeo was having quite fun, helping out and getting to know people, though most of them seemed to look at him as if he was someone to gawk at. When the vampyre poked his arm, he turned to watch the shy guy nod for him to follow, so he did, excusing himself to the person he had just been talking to. No, he was not going to waste this opportunity where he had come to the lycan. He was lead in to a room where the backgrounds were being painted, the way the girl had described it as psychedelic made a lot of sense now that he was seeing these bright backgrounds. His eyes took a bit of time adjusting, taking everything in as he hummed. "What was your plan with that tree?" he asked, genuinely curious. It seemed so normal compared to everything else.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 8:04 pm

“Uhhh… well the scripts described Romeo’s world as twisting around itself, but you also need how it then looks nornally.” He explained, scratching the back of his neck a little. “But I ran out of colour for the normal world so I had to improvise and fill ut a lot of black where I had wanted colour. It makes the real world a little more dull.” He remarked, frowning a little as he wasnt sure he really liked it that much. But he was like this with all his work. It had to be perfect, it couldnt be less than, not his art. He shook his head and pinched his nosebridge with two fingers as it was slightly frustrating. “Sorry.” He mumbled, taking a few steps back and turning away for a second.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 10:40 pm

Romeo listened, humming as he took it in, just letting himself imagine what the play might look like in the back. But then Eden seemed to get upset, turning away as he apologized. "Hey, it's alright," he assured him, walking over to place a gentle hand on the vampyre's shoulder, not trying to upset him. "I might have an idea to the fact that you don't have anymore colors," he said, smiling at him. Well, if the vampyre would listen, Romeo would try and explain what he was imagining. "Well, when you're high you get ups and downs ... So I would imagine that as cracks through the colors, you know, as if the real world is knocking and nothing is real - But Romeo is trying so desperately to make his high last before he gets hit by the low," he said. It was an idea. Maybe it wouldn't fit at all with what Eden had in mind, but perhaps him talking about it would make the creativity flow for him.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 10:55 pm

It just wasnt good enough. Not in the vampyre’s eyes. And he felt quite passionately about it. Romeo’s assurance wasnt much help but he didnt push his hand off and looked in his direction, clearly listening. “Go on.” He urged him. It was at least worth hearing him out first before deciding on anything. He looked at one of the twisted backgrounds, trying to imagine what the lycan was telling him. Instead of saying much, he took his hand and walked over, crouching down to pick up a brush. “Tell me what to do, and I’ll do it. I’ll be your hand, if you explain your vision.” He said, looking up at him seriously. He was willing to see if it would lead anywhere, even if it would ruin the original idea.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 11:03 pm

Romeo had expected that maybe Eden would be apprehensive, maybe even cautious, but as the vampyre grabbed his hand and pulled him with him he just looked surprised. Had anyone ever grabbed his hand like that before? Tell him what to do, well, that was easy enough, right? "Okay, but if this ruins it I'm buying some new paint for you," he said, not really sure why the vampyre trusted him like that.
Either way Romeo described and as Eden got to painting he hummed, showing him where he thought the cracks might fit. "Wait here," he muttered as they were about finished. He grabbed a white paint, putting a bit on a plate and took a smaller brush, "highlight small parts of the cracks ... Make them look harsh and sharp and in contrast to the fluid colors," he instructed him. They were a surprisingly good team. Once they were done, Romeo took a few steps back, a little nervous to hear what Eden thought of it all.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 11:43 pm

“Then dont mess up.” He just said, because he wasnt too sure that there was time for it. It had to work out. So Romeo told him what to do, he just followed. Eden didnt often indulge others in his art but somehow he trusted the lycan’s intuition. He couldnt say why, he just did. The lycan told him to wait and he did, watching him as he got the white paint. “Okay.” He said and did quite effortlessly, frowning a little as he considered it. He got up and went back to take it in. He sighed and then looked at the lycan. “It’s better now.” He admitted, smiling a little as he felt quite relieved. “You’ve got a good eye for this.”
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 11:48 pm

"What are you talking about, it was you who did all the hard work," he said, clearly not wanting any of the praise. No. Hearing Eden say that it was better was a relief and something he felt was reward enough. The last comment made him frown. "No, I just wanted to help," he said. He had felt inspired by Eden as he seemed so passionate about this.
Romeo pulled out his phone, sighing to himself, "I gotta go, my dad wants to gather the family tonight for dinner," he said shaking his head a little, replying to the message before looking at the vampyre. "See you tomorrow, right?" he smiled, lifting his hand as a goodbye before heading home.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 1:15 am

“And you told me what to do. You dont credit a construction worker for following the architect’s plan, do you?” He just told him. He wouldnt argue on this. But it seemed that the lycan would have no praise nor compliments. Eden didnt even know what to really say to that. No he wanted to tell him he was wrong, that he had done well in helping and that he needed to take a compliment! But he didnt muster the courage.
Romeo checked his phone either way and as he spoke of leaving the vampyre hummed. “Yeah, see you tomorrow.” He said, picking the brush back up. He still had some things to do but he didnt mind staying over. In fact he actually liked it more when he got to be alone with his work, none of the other theater kids coming in to ask him about changes or things that he barely knew of.

But eventually the hours passed and he couldnt help himself. He sat down with his phone, scratching off some paint on his thumb on his free hand.

[Eden:] Enjoying dinner?
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 8:38 am

Maybe Eden was right, but Romeo refused to take any praise. Maybe because he felt it was so undeserved. Eden had been painting this background, he had only made suggestions. Romeo left but his mind didn't leave the vampyre. What he was doing. What he was painting. What he was thinking.
The dinner was basically just an excuse for his father to entertain some new business partners. Romeo was a prodigy child in many regards, having been trained from a very young age and excelling at almost everything he had been tasked with mastering. He played multiple instruments, but tonight his father wanted him to entertain on the piano.
Afterwards he went to join them, sitting nicely as he felt his phone vibrate. Looking at the screen he excused himself, "a classmate needing some help," he chuckled. He had just had his first day, but this wouldn't be strange. He was quite clever. He went out in to the hallway, leaning back against one of the walls, seeing one of their servants rush by to prepare for dessert.

[Romeo:] It's boring
[Romeo:] I wish I had stayed back at school
[Romeo:] How's the painting coming along?
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 11:01 am

He was a far better texter than he was when he spoke. It was just easier to text and chat over the phone than speak and be present too. He read the messages, galncing towards his work before he leaned his head into his hand in a slight defeat. But he would be like this to the day they needed them in the play and he no longer could work on them.

[Eden:] It’s slow. I did far better with a little help.

Was he flirting? Maybe a little subconsciously, not really thinking his own words through. But he found the lycan attractive and now he had helped him. He switched to camera and went to the table he sat by when he wasnt painting.

[Eden has sent a picture; it’s just of some new sketches for other scenes]
[Eden:] How does family dinner work? I’m curious.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 1:55 pm

Better when he had help? Romeo couldn't help but smiling at the screen before shaking his head. No, it was stupid to be flirting, but he couldn't really help himself. So as the picture came in he sighed. He really seemed to like what Eden made and on top of that they seemed to work together pretty well - even better if you took in to consideration that they were from completely opposite races.

[Romeo:] You seem to be getting along just fine
[Romeo:] You're really good with your hands

Fuck why did he send that!? It was completely out of line but it also gave him a small rush in his stomach. It wasn't because he was mocking Eden, no, he was genuinely impressed with his talents, but then again it was always the shy ones that hid the best talent. He inspected the picture as the next message ticked in. Now the vampyre was suddenly very talkative, but Romeo gathered it was because they were removed from one another through a screen. And Kareema had mentioned a long distance boyfriend of him, right?

[Romeo:] It goes a little something like this:
[Romeo:] Daddy wants to impress the business partners and mommy wants to entertain
[Romeo:] The servants get busy, every room is thoroughly cleaned and afterwards inspected by mommy
[Romeo:] Daddy picks out the entertainment and what better than his own son?
[Romeo:] Son entertains guests, talks when it's appropriate, and then plays piano before dessert
[Romeo:] If he's lucky daddy will acknowledge his accomplishments, at best he'll have to hear daddy brag about his grades

He sighed, closing his eyes as he typed the next few lines. It was a risk, but it just felt easy to spill it all. He didn't have to worry about anyone staring, he just had to get it out.

[Romeo:] But then the son gets a text from this very handsome boy he's just met ...
[Romeo:] And now he's standing in the hallway smiling at a screen ...
[Romeo:] And he really just wants the weekend to come sooner, because he set up a not-date with said boy that he secretly wishes would be a date
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 3:35 pm

Was he getting along just fine? He wasnt too sure how to interpret that message. Did the lycan dismiss him? But then the next message ticked in and he read it, scoffing as he somehow felt flattered but he also wasnt that good with compliments. He had to change the subject, not wanting to end the conversation just yet.
The messages ticked in and Eden sat down as he read them, first feeling a little sorry for Romeo. It did sound like his parents were far too busy with painting some sort of perfect family picture, and while Eden’s were the same, it was a little easier for the vampyre to not have to participate to such a degree. He was about to answer as a couple of more messages ticked in. He read them and felt maybe a little overwhelmed by the lycan’s forwardness. He drew in a deep breath, thinking his message through.

[Eden:] Sounds like quite the predicament you’re in.
[Eden:] I just dont think said boy gets the appeal.
[Eden:] Cant the son get anyone he wants?

He looked over his messages again, sighing, lifting a hand to rub his face a little.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 5:26 pm

Romeo watched as the dots appeared. Why did he feel nervous? He looked up, smiling as a servant went past him before looking back at his screen. He felt that smile get more genuine as he read the messages. Well at least until he read the latest. Leaning his head back, he looked up at the ceiling. Was Eden trying to say something? Normally he would've replied with anger, but right now he just felt sad. He felt like it was sort of a jab against him.
He packed his phone away, heading back in to his family, putting on a brave face. The rest of the evening he didn't reply. Mostly because he felt a little hurt, wanting to cool down before he replied.
Eventually he ended up laying on his bed, looking at the message. He felt like he had been staring at it for way too long before he finally replied.

[Romeo:] I don't want just anyone
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2021 5:45 pm

Eden had to go home eventually but seeing that the lycan hadnt replied during that time, he wasnt really sure what to say or do. He wouldnt text him again just like that, that much was sure. When he was leaving school ground he had a smoke, standing with his phone. Still no message. He felt desperate, and he definitely didnt like that feeling one bit. He put his phone away and snuffed out the cigarette before heading back home. He didnt answer when the lycan finally replied, laying on his bed, reading his book. He had seen the measage but what was he supposed to say? No, he wouldnt say anything.

When morning came, he checked his schedule on his phone. First period was biology. Somehow he was dreading it a little bit after not replying to Romeo’s late message. But he didnt how to place the lycan just yet. It was all just so complicated already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The shy boy [AU - CW]   The shy boy [AU - CW] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The shy boy [AU - CW]
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Other realms :: Alternative Universe-
Jump to: