Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Cat astray - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Cat astray - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Cat astray

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Kit

Kit

Full name : Christopher "Kit" Ellis

Cat astray - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 2:59 pm

Vinnie helped the poor guy, but he seemed so defeated already. He moved over, sitting down on his couch, rubbing his face a little. Well it was easier to explain to his landlord that he had a guy over than actively trying to hide a cat, but still nothing made sense. That was when he heard him apologize. Vinnie looked up, his eyes confused as he saw how he was huddling himself up. "Why are you apologizing?" he asked, shaking his head no, looking at him as he tried pulling his lips up in a smile. "I mean you gave me a scare, but I've been through worse," he assured him. Vinnie was a sucker for helping people. It was just in his seraph nature. He sighed, looking over at his bag of groceries. He hadn't really shopped to fill the stomachs of two people, but he guessed he could get more at another point. "Alright, you know a few words, so I'm hoping you have a name I can call you?"
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

Full name : Gaspar
Quote : Meow ∩(・ω・)∩

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 3:26 pm

“Not cat.” He just said after a moment of consideration. He already knew that Vinnie was a good guy. He actually liked him a lot more than his previous owners’ son. The difference in them was just on such a large scale. The question about his name made him sigh. He had already tried once to say it. “Gas…p..ra.” He mumbled, still looking away. He somehow felt embarassed, first the change ever happening and then the shirt that he couldnt even put on. And he was also starting to feel hungry. There were just so many pressing factors. Like, he wore the shirt now with help, and it felt so irritating on his barren skin. He scratched his side to then softly hiss as something stung, he pulled at the fabric, to then grunt. “Want cat. Not this.” He sighed.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 3:44 pm

The guy tried to say his name, but he seemed uncomfortable. Vinnie shook his head, "hey, it's alright," he said, not wanting to pressure him if he felt uncomfortable. It was so clear that the guy felt uncomfortable, but there wasn't much that he could do. He wanted to be a cat, yeah, that would perhaps make him more at ease, but it seemed like he was unable to. "Okay, I got a plan," he said, getting up from his couch, taking off his jacket. He reached his hands out to the guy on the floor, wanting to help him up on his feet. If he wanted it, he would help him get in to the pants that were luckily very soft and hopefully more comfortable.
"I'm going to cook the two of us some dinner, and then we will figure out what to do," he smiled as he had gotten him in to the pants. Helping him over to the couch if he was a bit unsure on his feet, he then went to the kitchen. "Lucky you I bought salmon," he chuckled, clearly feeling a bit more comfortable now that he had settled down a bit.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 4:03 pm

The words of comfort didnt seem to soothe him and hadnt Vinnie gotten up and approached him, then he probably would’ve slumped down and curled into a ball to wait for his life as a cat to return; which it probably wouldnt for a while. But he could hope. He took the hands and was helped up on his feet, not having much trouble standing. He accepted the help without a word, liking being covered now that he didnt have fur. It was a little colder being a person, he realized that now, even small goosebumps already forming on his bare arms that wasnt covered by the shirt. He felt a little unsure about walking so it was nice that Vinnie helped him. He turned to lean a little up against the couch, watching the seraph in the kitchen. The mention of salmon did make him look a little more alert, moving his hands up to rest on the top of the couch. “Salmon.” He repeated, his voice having warmed up to at least some of the words he had kept repeating. “Day?” He asked. When he was a cat, he had gotten to hear a lot of things about Vinnie’s day. It had always been pretty nice, and if he just had to listen then at least he wouldnt have to think of how to form words or even what to say.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 4:24 pm

"Yeah, I thought we deserved it," he smiled as he didn't mind how he was mimicking him. No, if it helped him, then he wouldn't mind at all. He removed the fish from it's container, placing it on a cutting board, wanting to add some nice taste to his, but he guessed the guy perhaps preferred his fish more neutral? Either way he would heat up a pan and turn on the oven, only for him to hear the sweet one word question. Chuckling he looked over his shoulder at the guy who was standing against the couch. "So you do listen when I tell you about my day, huh?" he muttered, smiling as he kept a good eye on the salmon that he placed on the pan, grabbing some bread that he placed on a tray for the oven.
"Today was pretty easy, we had about color theory so I must be honest I didn't follow along too much - I did manage to sketch down some ideas for this piece I wanna do one of these days," he said in a ponder, feeling a bit more aware of himself all of a sudden. Was it because it was no longer a cat he talked to? And did that really change when he now knew that this guy knew everything at this point. Breathing out in a sigh, "I broke it off with Tasha today ... I really liked her, but she didn't like the fact that she couldn't ever be the only one, you know," sometimes he wished he could just stick to monogamy, but it wasn't in him. And he didn't want to string anyone along.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 4:44 pm

He did sometimes wonder what it was really like out there, at least more than he had when he was unaware that there was so much outside. Though it was too scary to venture out and he hadnt liked having no where to go once he had been out. So it felt better to listen to what others had experienced. Not that he could imagine any of it. But he still listened, curiously even. “Yes.” He just mumbled at the mutter, frowning slightly. He could see what the seraph was doing from here and that kept him at ease. Vinnie spoke of his day and had no idea what colour theory was, but the sketches he knew. He had at least made the correlation from the one time Vinnie had showed one of the sketches for that class. Tasha… he had to search his mind for what else Vinnie had said about her. “Sweet girl.” He mumbled to himself, all corks and screws quite visibly turning in his head. “Why?” He then asked. Why didnt she like that?
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 11:24 pm

Why? That was a good question. It could be interpreted both ways when he thought about it. "Well some people like to be with one person," he explained, humming to himself, "to put it simply, it's like they only want to eat salmon all the time; Salmon is the only thing they care about and that's that." Was the metaphor even making any sort of sense? He wasn't sure, but he hoped it did, "but I like eating different things; I like tuna and burgers and nachos - and I don't want to be limited by what I can eat everyday," by Verity he hoped this made sense to the cat. He sighed, shaking his head, "in our society it's the norm to pick one thing you like and eat that forever, but I like trying something new every once in a while, but that doesn't mean I like any other meal less." Taking the tongs he flipped the salmon delicately, making sure it wouldn't just stick to the pan.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 11:40 pm

He did listen to Vinnie explain and yet as much as it made sense, it also seemed far to complicated for a simpleminded creature like Gaspar. “Makes no sense.” He sighed. Why were they forced to only choose one thing? Like Gaspar came from the cat world and though he didnt understand all the aspects, it surely didnt seem like any of the other cats kept to one cat. It was definitely more free. “Hungry.” He said as he carefully walked over to look down into the pan, standing next to the tall guy. It definitely felt weird to have height, to not just see everything from the ground and up. He didnt quite enjoy it.

But what he did enjoy was getting some salmon. And once his hunger was somewhat quelched, he yawned and stretched. A nap would probably be in order for him now. And yet he felt too long and present to just hurl up into any corner and sleep. Now he actually had to consider where to sleep! He was visibly annoyed again by the fact.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 10:44 am

As they finished up eating, Vinnie was starting to at least make sense of what was going on. Although it still didn't explain how an alley cat could turn in to a human. Had he always been able to do that? He was cleaning up their plates in the sink, watching the guy from the corner of his eye. He looked positively uncomfortable, but Vinnie guessed he would feel the same if he suddenly had four legs instead of two.
Once the cleaning had been dealt with, he moved over to sit on the couch, playing with his packet of cigarettes that were a little banged up from always being in his pockets. "So ..." he said, breaking the silence between them, nodding to himself as to reassure himself that he could do this. "I can't go around calling you buddy or kitty in this state, right?" he muttered, though the thought was amusing to him. Turning his head to look at the guy he tilted his head a little to the side, "can you try come up with something you wanna be called?" it would be easier for him in the long run, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 9:14 pm

Gaspar had ended up sitting on the couch, curling up until he felt at least a little smaller than before. Vinnie sat down not far and Gaspar carefully watched him. The seraph broke the silence between them and the mutter made him sigh. “Guess not.” He mumbled, looking at Vinnie as he looked at him. His name? He had been trying to say it a million times, pr so it felt like. “Gaspa… Gasp…ar.” He tried again with a frown as he was already struggling. He was starting to like his own name less and less just because he didnt know how to pronounce it. He just looked away and then down, looking at his hands. He felt awfully in control of every part of himself and he didnt enjoy it. There was an itch in his fingers that he tried to soothe on the fabric of the couch.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 10:57 pm

"Gasp-ar?" he tried repeating, but it wasn't like the name just rolled off of his tongue, "huh." He couldn't help but smile a little, though that was when he noticed how uncomfortable the other guy was. It must've been quite the heartbreaking thing to be in a body one wasn't accustomed to. "What's wrong?" well beside the fact he wasn't a cat anymore. He just seemed so uncomfortable and Vinnie wanted to help, "Is there anything I can do?" though he wasn't sure what, the least he could do was offer himself up. Vinnie was maybe a bit too trusting, but that was how it went when you had been raised by seraphim and only had seen the good parts of what the world had to offer.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 1:21 am

“Itchy…” he mumbled, rubbing his arms a little, feeling goosebumps. Air just felt weird on barren skin, he didnt like it one bit. Vinnie offered to help but Gaspar just sat a bit in his own bubble, rubbing his arms a little firmer, red marks surely forming. He might even rub his skin off if he kept going but if Vinnie tried to interfere, it would only scare Gaspar, having him flinch so profoundly that he’d fall off thr couch with a hiss. No, he couldnt really stay here where he remembered being a cat so clearly, it just felt weird. He quickly got to his feet, oddly aware all of a sudden of his own body, right before he bolted. He just yanked at the door, not quite knowing how a doorhandle really functioned but in his panic to leave he did manage to flay it open. He ran out and down the stairs, bumping right into no one else but Mickey who saw him run off in a hurry, no shoes or proper clothes for the cold weather.
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

Full name : Mickey Angela Lewis
Quote : I'll show you crazy!

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 1:25 am

Mickey had been an ass lately and she had come to make ammends for it. Actually, by ammends, she had bought some cheap yet rather nice cake and then some sort of cat treat for Vinnie’s new cat. Because Mickey wasnt inherently bad. She just had so many emotions that she barely knew how to control. On the way up the stairs, some guy bumped into her, looking as if he had seen a ghost or rather was running from someone. She was confused, but figured it at worst could be a noisy upstairs neighbour or someoneone weird, that didnt seem too uncommon around here. She continued back up the stairs to Vinnie’s apartment once the guy had made it all the way down and found the door out.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 10:36 am

Vinnie was only trying to help, so as Gaspar ran off he was startled at first before getting on his feet. He didn't even think about putting on shoes, just running out the door and down the stairs, passing Mickey on the way with a soft, "sorry." He reached the end, seeing him stuck there, and he decided that the best course of action was to talk calmly, though he was heaving for air. "Hey, hey, it's alright buddy, we'll figure this out together," he tried, reaching a hand out, showing that he only wanted to help. Please don't run outside, you'll get hurt, he thought to himself. There was so much out there that could hurt an innocent guy like him. Guy or cat? He wasn't sure what to refer to him as. "C'mon, let's get you back inside," he said in a softer voice.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 5:33 pm

Gaspar wasnt sure where the panic came from, he just knew that he needed to get away. That seemed to be an instinct he followed the most these days, the need to just flee, run away and hopefully end up somewhere, somewhere he would feel like he belonged. Like back with his family. He didnt quite get the concept of unlocking and managing a handle at the same time so he just stood there trying to get the door open. He heard Vinnie behind him, tears in his eyes as he realized that he couldnt ever get the door open. At least not as distraught as he was now. "Dont like... it... I dont... dont like..." he stammered as he began sobbing, shaking his head and letting go of the door. His body just felt weird, he wasnt sure if he wanted to squirm or scratch off his skin. "Cat.." he cried, pushing up against the door, hoping that somehow that would do the trick.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 12:59 am

"I know, I know," he tried to coo him, but he seemed to get more frustrated. Vinnie didn't really know what to do, but he wanted to help him and soothe his worries. So he did the only thing that worked when he had been a cat, only this time it was human hair and not cat fur that met his fingers. He scratched him gently on his head, clicking his tongue softly, "It's alright, bud, I promise it will be alright," he assured him. He didn't know how to help him change back, but for now he hoped that this reminder would be enough. "I'll help you figure out how to get back to yourself; But I can't do that if you run away now."
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 1:11 am

The seraph tried but words didnt quite cut it. At least Gaspar couldnt use the acknowledgement for anything. It didnt make him less scared or irritable from being in this body. He felt the fingers in his hair, scratching his scalp in a way that did make hin relax a little from how nice it was. He leaned into the touch, closing his eyes as the sobs slowly died out, to only follow when he felt small shivers or how the inside of his nose had swollen up a bit now that he had been crying. He sniffled and kept his eyes closed. Vinnie could help? He wasnt so sure. But he also knew that the seraph was one of the few people he trusted in this world. “I… stay..” he spoke softly, sniffling, opening his eyes to look at the seraph.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2022 11:16 am

Hearing he would stay sent a rush of relief down his spine, nodding and smiling softly at the cat-turned-human. "Good ... How about we go back up and set up somewhere for you to sleep, hm?" he said. The guy couldn't really fit in the windowsill anymore, so they would be better off making the couch more comfy. "And I'll put on some music? Or the TV? You like watching the images move on TV," or at least he liked it when he was a cat, Vinnie wasn't sure if the change had also changed his likes.
Back to top Go down
Gaspar

Gaspar

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 3:50 am

“Ye..s.. go back..” he repeated in agreement, nodding a few times. He didnt really like standing out in this cold and unfamiliar hallway. It was a little too spooky for him. The notion of music made him shake his head but the mention of TV clearly had a reaction. “T…V” he mumbled, following Vinnie’s lead if he led them back to the apartment. However, entering, made him frown a little as he could hear someone retch quite loudly and he knew that Mickey had gone up just a few minutes ago. He went to the couch to sit, pulling his legs up, looking down at his toes and touching them one by one. It was very weird to him but he chose not to freak out now, just take things slowly, feeling the very human parts of him.
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 3:55 am

While Vinnie had gone after the guy, Mickey had just gone into the apartment, getting some water to rid herself of some slight nausea she hadnt been able to let go of on her walk. But it was like the feeling just intensified and before she knew it, she stood squatting over the toilet with her head almost in the porcelain bowl, throwing up a bunch of liquid and what seemed to be some smaller meal she had had. She felt awful. And the water didnt really help in other regards that it made it a bit more bearable to throw up. She sobbed quietly, resting her head on the top of the seat, feeling drool just dribble down her chin and into the disgusting mix of all the fun she had had a few hours back.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 6:44 pm

Vinnie made sure to turn on the TV, letting Gaspar entertain himself for a bit, giving him a light pat on the head as he passed by. Sighing he ran a hand through his messy hair, moving out in to the bathroom. Seeing Mickey sunken down like this he sighed, but he never shied away from her, moving over to dry her chin and move her hair out of her face. "What can I get you?" he asked, mostly because he was somehow at a loss right now as to what to do. He had two people in his home, each suffering in their own ways, and he just felt he wasn't cut out for the job. Verity was truly testing him right now, wasn't she? "Some water? A bath?" he tried, feeling so worn out and yet in him he just knew he couldn't turn away when someone needed him.
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 5:22 pm

She felt pathetic most of the times when she was like this. But sje also wasnt usually up for having someone take care of her, much less when she knew it wasnt just them anymore. “No I’m fine..” she spoke in a slurred manner, waving a weak hand at him. “Just go to your boyfriend.” She told him, moving away from the toilet to just sit and calm. She dried her eyes and drew in a few deep breaths. She still felt so nauseous while her stomach also felt as empty as it could get, it was a very weird feeling.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 5:34 pm

He grit his teeth, but watched his tongue watching as she moved away from the toilet. He squatted down, placing a hand on her forehead. "You're burning up ... What did you take?" He asked, he needed her to just be honest with him. Even if she hated it. "You came here for me, and here I am ... Do you want my help?" He asked. Maybe she just stopped by to make him feel bad. Maybe yell at him and tell him off for being a bad friend as usual. Though Mickey would perhaps never admit to him being her friend.
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 5:46 pm

“Well someone had some pills. And we had some alcohol.” She said, but that just meant that she didnt even really know what she had had. All she knew was that now didnt feel as good as it had a few hours back. Even if he was just being nice to her as always, she couldnt really see much beyond her own nosetip at the moment. So he was annoying her, and it showed rather quickly. “I just came because you were available and wont ask me a bunch of questions. But apparently I was fucking wrong.” She hissed, trying to get to her feet but she was very wobbly legged and weak amongst the things that kept her on the bathroom floor.
Back to top Go down
Kit

Kit

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 5:54 pm

He went to help her stand. Taking the abuse she gave him, and yet all he did was smile it off. "Alright grumpy ... A bath it is," he said, turning on the faucet, letting the water run. "Please don't fight me now, Mickey, please," he muttered, finding the thing necessary while trying to balance her standing. He was always so willing to help. And even if the hybrid too advantage of it, he would be none the wiser.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cat astray   Cat astray - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cat astray
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Eastern District :: Churchill School-
Jump to: