Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next
Eden

Eden

Full name : Eden Gabriel Altieri
Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 8:34 pm

Eden didnt like it either, even more when Romeo was visibly distraught by the request. He opened the door to look at the servant, gesturing her to come closer. “He wont talk to them alone. I’m not having it in our own home.” He said, letting her walk off with that message before he went to put on a shirt and run a hand through his hair. He grabbed Romeo’s hand softly. “Come. It’s like we promised. We do everything together.”
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

Full name : Romeo Altieri
Quote : I don’t want a life without you. If we die, we’ll die together.

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 8:47 pm

Romeo swallowed, looking to the man he loved who came to take his hand so delicately. He entangled their fingers, looking at him with soft eyes and pulling him closer. Licking his lips clean of the blood, before giving him a soft kiss. "Together," he agreed, taking a deep breath before taking the first step.
A servant stood ready at the door, leading them downstairs and to the dining room where the investigators were. The servant opened the door, announcing their arrival. Romeo had to let go of Eden's hand for now. He knew he was still considered a minor, even if his birthday was right around the corner. "Gentlemen," he greeted them, having seemingly put on his façade of professionalism, but Eden who knew him so well would see how pained he truly was without the touch of the vampyre. "I'm terribly sorry, but I was up late last night studying for a test."
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

Quote : What can an eternity of damnation matter to someone who has felt, if only for a second, the infinity of delight?

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 8:58 pm

Eden followed as Romeo took the first step, squeezing his hand in soft assurances as they went. He didnt know why the police was here but he was fearing the worst. When they walked into the room together, the two policemen were drinking tea that they had been offered. “Mr. Trevino-Altera. Mr. Parish.” One greeted them as the other sat with a pen and paper. “That’s quite alright. We are actually just here for a little check up.” He said, before he eyed the vampyre. “Which was why we requested only to talk to you. But I guess we were asking for too much.” He chuckled, seemingly calm. Tapping the table lightly he thought of what to say. “Your family notified us that you may have been kept here against your own will. So we of course had to come and see for ourselves. Would you mind a few questions… without Mr. Parish here?”
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 9:11 pm

Romeo nodded, moving over to pour himself a cup of tea as well before moving over to sit at the end of the table. He was scared shitless, but they didn't know that, and as long as he was in control, then nothing could tear him from this house. However what was said made him frown. "Against my will?" he had to scoff, frowning as he looked from the police officer to the vampyre whom he loved so dearly. He looked back at the police officers, tilting his head slightly to the side, "are you afraid Mr. Parish will make it so I won't speak freely?" he asked. It sounded silly to him. The notion alone was preposterous. "Seeing as we are guests in his home, I will let that decision fall upon Mr. Parish to take - seems only fair."
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 9:24 pm

“It is what they told us.” The officer confirmed. It seemed a little obvious that it was not what Eden or Romeo had expected as their reasoning for being here. Eden shrugged lightly as Romeo looked to him. An interesting little scare. He wondered if they knew of Lucius’ current condition? “It is more of a precaution, in case it really is so.” He told Romeo, before looking to Eden who considered Romeo’s next words. “I’ll just go pack.” He said, making one of the officers frown. “Are you leaving?” - “Urgent matter - Work related.” Eden said, sending the officer a calm smile before he looked at Romeo, nodding at him to let him know it was fine. Then he left them alone. “How long have you been here with Mr. Parish?” The officer asked.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 9:45 pm

Romeo took a sip of his tea, a bit relieved, but tried not to show it. He nodded towards Eden, hating that he couldn't just say what they were. They were lovers, engaged to marry. They had practically just been ravishing one another before they came to intrude. He looked to the officer, humming softly as if he had to remember how long it had been. "I think it must be half a year at this point; I was offered a room here at Mr. Parish' home as I'm a dear friend of his daughter," he explained. Chuckling he looked down with a small smile. "Just a friend, my good sirs, though I think even you would find it hard to deny her beauty." It was a good thing that he had Josette as an excuse.
"My family situation can be a little complicated ... And I felt I needed the space to have my studies in peace," he said, sending them an overbearing smile. "Truth is a large family always comes with a bit of drama; and I suppose I felt it mingled too closely with my life as a student."
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 9:55 pm

They were left alone and it was quite clear that the officers had a certain worry regarding Romeo. But he was a minor who was here all by himself, for whatever reason he would reveal it to be. What he said was scribbled down by the silent officer. The remark about Josette made the officer chuckle. “I have not seen Miss Parish, so I wouldnt know.” He admitted. Vampyre affairs were the least of his concern and they usually stayed out of trouble or paid a good sum to keep out of trouble. “From what they said, there was a disagreement. There had been talk about a possible marriage to this Miss. Parish that Mr. Parish vocally denied when Lucius Trevino suggested?” He said, just to know if Romeo had any idea that there had been such a conversation?
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 10:02 pm

Romeo frowned, shaking his head as he chuckled, "I heard a rumor, but both me and Josette are quite keen on staying friends," he said, clearly not too worried. "And I think she would be bored with an average fella such as myself," he pretended to not even know of his own attractive appearance. "You see I'm way too busy with my studies at the moment; I'm graduating this summer and I'm hoping to get the highest score in my year," from the outside he so clearly seemed like just any other good and well mannered kid. He took another sip of his tea, frowning as he looked in to the cup. "Though, my uncle have his troubles; I don't blame him, he was raised a certain way, and sadly who am I to try and change an old man's ways," he seemed så at the mention of his uncle, though in reality he was fuming with rage still. He looked up, "the time now is much different from back then, or I can only imagine."
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 1:13 am

A rumor? The talking one seemed to eye the silent that just scribbled it down, the following that Romeo fpund himself to be average made the officer shrug. “Your family doesnt seem to believe that you’re just average.” He remarked, though he wasnt revealing why that was. Clearly he knew something that he wasnt bringing up just yet. Romeo was being polite and talkative so there was no reason to shut it down. The mention of the studies made him hum. “Law and business is what you’re studying right? How many semesters left?” He asked. The mention of Lucius peaked interest. “I’m glad you mention that. Lucius was found in his office all beaten up and bloody. Other men where there too, dead men. His lawyer amongst them. But there has been no way to tell how they died.” He revealed, though he seemed a little suspicious. “When you say he was raised a certain way, what do you mean by that?”
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 5:22 am

Romeo shrugged, "I guess every good family would say that," he noted, though still politely, even with a small smile on his lips. Humming in agreement with his studies he made sure to nod as well, "well one semester, sir," he clarified. He took another sip of his tea, feeling it soothe his throat. He had been a bit rough on himself with Eden, but he would heal quickly enough.
However the mention of his uncle made him frown. Oh, he should've been an actor, shouldn't he? He placed down his cup, confused and clearly in shock about what he was hearing but the police officer seemed to just skip past it. "What?" The charming boy was now looking heartbroken, shaking his head as if he didn't know. Of course he knew! But they didn't know that, or so it seemed. "Where's he now? My uncle?" He asked, clearly distraught. It was clear he was fighting back tears, a genuine reaction or at least so it seemed. Shaking his head no he folded his hands, closing his eyes as he seemed to struggle to retain focus.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 12:21 pm

Even if Romeo was shocked and saddened by hearing about his uncle, the officer was sure that he had already said too much. Only that he wasnt too worried as a case hadnt been opened yet. The question about Lucius’ whereabouts made the officer shake his head. “He is safe. But no one except his son is allowed to know where he is while the whole thing is being investigated.” He told him. Then he leaned back a little and tapped the table again. “Lucius Trevino had an ongoing legal suit against Mr. Parish, didnt he? For assault?” He asked, glancing shortly towards the silent officer. This would be vital information. “Has Mr. Parish ever been threatening or violent towards you during your stay?”
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 12:33 pm

Only Kurtis. Well that could be a.burden or a blessing depending on his cousin's moodswings. He just nodded, looking down as he clearly thought about it all. It was a lot to take in and the conversation seemed to keep going. However the question made him frown, looking towards the officer with a look of disbelief. Had he genuinely just continued the conversation when Romeo clearly needed a minute to gather himself? Oh this was almost too easy to build a case on alone, and he knew that Eden's workforce could easily record what was going on. Perhaps they were. "Mr. Parish has always been very friendly, nothing out of the ordinary; He works a lot so I only see him when he wants to follow up on my school work," he said, clearly holding back tears now. "I'm sorry .. I .. My uncle, will he be alright?" He asked, as he pretended as if it was all his mind could think of. "He's always been a father figure to me."
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 2:03 pm

It was a little absurd to just continue with the questions, but the officer clearly had a list he needed to go through. And figuring out whether Romeo was safe here, was the main priority. Only follow-ups, the silent officer noted down. The other checked the notes before Romeo’s question made him look towards the lycan, narrowing his eyes a little. “I have not been told of his current condition.” He said rather calmly which had to mean that he was telling the truth. “Well, it was also disclosed after a talk with your family that you left with Mr. Parish after a heated argument with Lucius Trevino. We were told that he, your uncle, struck you, shortly before you went. Is this true?”
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 9:50 pm

Romeo nodded, looking down. Staying humble and sweet seemed to benefit him, but he could sense the officer trying to take advantage of his supposed vulnerability. Blinking a few times he looked to the officer as well as the one writing down. "I have to beg your pardon, but I don't see why that's relevant? I mean, you came here to check up on me, and now you're talking about my uncle hitting me?" he shook his head no, getting up from the table, "I think I've spoken more than needed already." he wrapped his arms around himself, a way to feign comforting himself, "please, I don't think my mind is in the right place right now." Surely they would have to oblige. If it was found out they were questioning a minor like this they could get in to some serious trouble. Especially if it was found out he was being either coerced or affected by what they were saying.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 2:21 am

“We have to crosscheck. It’s a part of the procedure.” He said rather calmly as the lycan got up. Romeo seemed to display quite well that he was done with the conversation and the officer looked to the silent one before nodding. “As you wish.” He said before getting up. “But I should warn you regardless of what information your family has given as your real reason to be here. The odds for Mr. Parish, considering the lawsuit with Lucius Trevino and you being here all brought together by the side your family has given does not paint a good picture of him.” He said quite plainly. He nodded for the silent officer to follow since Romeo had made it clear that he was done.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 10:15 pm

Part of the procedure? Fair enough, but from what Romeo knew it wasn't part of it for the officers to exchange so many strange looks to one another. However the plain remark made him frown, shaking his head, "is it also part of the procedure to threaten someone who's already vulnerable?" he asked, shaking his head, rubbing the bridge of his nose as he felt quite upset as it was.
"Sorry," he said as a servant opened the door, they had called upon Eden, though he surely wasn't too far away despite it all. Romeo had wrapped his arms around himself, looking down as he looked upset.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 10:32 pm

“Threatened you Mr. Trevino-Altera?” The officer said with a confused frown. Was that how the lycan saw this? A servant opened the door and Eden entered, seeing Romeo upset, he looked to the officers in annoyance with his arms lightly crossed. “Mr. Parish-“ - “I think it’s time for you to go.” Eden interrupted a little cold in tone. The officer sighed and nodded. “We’ll leave.” He assured the vampyre before looking at Romeo. “We’re not the bad guys. I want you to remember that.” He simply reminded him before Eden cleared his throat. The officers made their leave shortly after and Eden made sure to see them out before returning to the lycan.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 7:24 am

Romeo didn't care about the state of his uncle, but he was bothered by the fact that his family saw the right in calling the police on them like this. As soon as he was sure they had left, he went to Eden, wrapping his arms tightly around his waist, pulling himself closer as that was all he craved. Hiding his face away in the other's chest, he took a few deep breaths, calming down before he was ready to face him. Looking up at him, it was clear he was distraught. "I want you to call in a lawyer ... This could get classified as trying to coerce a minor into testifying without guardian concent, or at least without a warrant," he said, he knew his law, and he wasn't going to pretend like this officers were just here to help him. No, they were here to break them apart. "I wish you didn't have to go," he whispered, leaning his forehead against Eden's chest.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 12:02 pm

Once they were alone again, Eden welcomed Romeo into his arms, as the lycan came over. He let him stay in his arms for as long as he needed; because it seemed to work in calming him down. When he lifted his head, Eden’s eyes met his, humming softly at his words. “I’ll call her in.” He said, rubbing the lycan’s back softly. The whisper made his look soften as he blinked a few times. “I know. Me too.” He cooed him softly, leaning his head down to kiss the lycan in his hair a few different places. “I just cant do much else. They said they needed this deal secured and no one else is a better fit for that job.” He reminded him. Eden had other responsibilities that needed him, beside the main one of keeping Romeo safe and happy. “Time will fly by. And then I’ll be home in no time.” he said as a servant entered, holding something in her hand. She seemed a little out of it. “T-the o-offi…officers told me to hand y-you th..this.” She stuttered nervously, handing Eden an open envelope. It was the pictures of Eden and Romeo making out at the club again. Eden rolled his eyes. “It was a setup this whole time.” He said as he held the envelope in both hands, moving away from the lycan, throwing the pictures on the table. He went over to the window to look at the officer who had been speaking to Romeo finish up his cigarette. Eden wanted nothing else than to go strangle him.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 1:34 pm

Romeo looked to Eden, hearing his words of comfort that spoke to his heart directly. Time would fly, he hoped that would be proved to be true. The servant entered, but the exchange made him feel quite uncomfortable. He looked at the pictures, a sinking feeling in his chest. He didn't regret his actions portrayed in them, but perhaps it would've been wiser to have kept it in private. "I want those negative burnt to the ground," he muttered, feeling sadness replace anger within him. He walked to Eden, placing a hand against the vampyre's cold cheek. "I don't want anybody to stand in our way," he said, pulling him down in a kiss.
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 2:59 pm

The servant quickly picked up the pictures and would do as Romeo asked. Eden looked to Romeo as he felt the warm hand, following the pull down, though he was far too annoyed to indulge in it. “They wont.” He assured him, looking at him with a rather serious look in his eyes. One thing had been them showing up here and scaring Romeo, but the pictures were over the top. He stopped the servant before she could go, grabbing the envelope and the pictures. “I’ll take care of these.” He told her before she went off. Walking over to the fireplace he threw the envelope in and grabbed his pack of cigarettes, biting down on a bud before lighting it. He just stood for a bit in his own mind as he looked at the envelope he had thrown on the blackened stone from soot.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 4:03 pm

The assurance was nice, but he had more so wished that Eden had taken the time to remove the doubt in his mind as he was so good at. But he could also understand that the vampyre might've needed to pull away for a while just to breathe and think things through. He watched as the pictures where thrown on the fireplace that had yet to be lit. He frowned, walking over to him, standing beside him as he pondered what he would prefer happen now. Swallowing he looked down before he seemingly made up his mind. "As soon as my birthday is over and done with I want us to go public with our relationship," he said, looking at the fireplace with a frown. "I'm tired of hiding, thinking they can just blackmail us and get away with it."
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 4:24 pm

Eden just looked at the pictures as he smoked his cigarette, noticing Romeo in the corner of his eye but he didnt look his way. Just kept his eyes on the damned pictures that would haunt them till it either was leaked to the public or when Romeo was old enough. Romeo spoke of going public after his birthday but Eden just frowned. “And let people threaten us with this over and over?” He asked gesturing to the fireplace before he turned to the lycan, looking rather done with it all. “We might as well get it over with. Make sure no one can use it against us ever again.” He said, crouching down and reaching out to pull out one of the pictures. It was them exchanging a heated kiss. “You cant tell me that they arent just waiting for the right moment! If we do it ourselves, it at least wont take us by surprise.
Back to top Go down
Romeo

Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 4:33 pm

Romeo was angry too, but he knew that it probably wouldn't match Eden's fury. He looked at the picture that was picked up, remembering the night well. How happy he had been, sitting there in Eden's lap in public. Making out as if they were both a normal couple. It was funny how memories were kept in his mind, he swore he could still remember the taste of the strong drinks they had had that night. But leaking the pictures themselves? It wasn't like Romeo was ashamed of being with Eden, but was he truly ready for the whole world to just know about them? And what about Eden's career? "Leaking them ourselves would only eliminate that one threat," he said, though he wasn't sure voicing all of his worries right now was the best course of action. He took a deep breath before he replied, "I don't want to risk your reputation, so it's up to you."
Back to top Go down
Eden

Eden

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 4:55 pm

It would remove the threat and quite effectively too. But it wasnt like it was without risks. And Romeo said it quite nicely but Eden just frowned before he let out a soft sigh. “It’s a little late for that my love.” He said, reaching out to touch the lycan’s arms, looking at his hand on the fabric before looking Romeo in the eyes. “We both knew the risks from the beginning and yet we continued.” He said. No it was too late to consider what had even been put at risk at this point. He finished his cigarette and pulled the rest of the pictures from the fireplace, putting them on the table. “I need to go pack.” He sighed before he went to their bedroom to finish up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?    Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Well isn't this an odd conglomerate?
Page 2 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kaleidoscope :: Countries :: Churchill :: Northern District :: Northern living quarters :: Monroe Road-
Jump to: