Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Stay out of it

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
Rhys

Rhys

Full name : Rhys Kaine

Stay out of it  - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 12:28 am

"No, uh, it felt really good," he confessed, smiling as he looked down. He didn't feel like it was too much over the line, but he also hadn't seen it coming. However his mind went back to something she had said, "wait, you dream about kissing me?" a soft and playful tease, his smile widening and becoming more mischievous as he laid here. She couldn't run from it now, because she had basically admitted to it. "Anyways .. next time I'd like for you to be awake when you do it," he said and was rather genuine about it.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Full name : Emmeline Jacobs
Quote : How can someone be cold as a corpse when they’re this hot?

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 12:38 am

It felt good? She liked the sound of that. But just then it seemed he realized what she had said and she sighed tiredly at his tease. “Well, can you blame me? I’m still waiting on that perfect moment.” She defended herself, not seeing anything wrong in dreaming of it. The notion that he wanted her to be awake next time, she hummed at, before looking at him. “I will. If I’m not asleep again.” She said. She couldnt really control herself if she was sleeping right?
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 12:43 am

He sighed, smiling as she was right, but he just really liked her. He scooted down so he could be face to face with her, lifting a hand to cup her cheek. "I think it's only fair if I get to do it back to you then," he muttered, searching her eyes. Would she be okay with this? He leaned in to her free cheek, nuzzling his nose lightly against her skin, breathing her in, smiling softly.
He was about to kiss her cheek as his phone started buzzing. His eyes opened, letting go of her to grab his phone from his pants on the floor. It was an unsaved number. Picking up he hoped it would be the shelter, "this is Rhys," he said, holding the phone to his ear.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 12:50 am

She looked at him with a soft smile as he scooted down to level with her. She hummed at the mutter, curious to see what he would do. She had to admit that she held her breath a little as he leaned in, feeling her stomach flutter as he rubbed his nose onto her skin. And then the phone rang, making her grit her teeth as he pulled away. She definitely was awake now. It was not the lady from the shelter. “Hey handsome. What are you up to?” An alluring voice asked on the other line.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 1:00 am

The alluring voice made him roll his eyes, sitting up in the bed, breathing out in a sigh, "how did you get this number Elaine?" he asked. He had changed numbers a few times, so he wondered how she had managed to get it this time. He reached down, grabbing on to Emily's hand, entangling their fingers as he felt like he needed support. Him and Elaine hadn't had the best of relationship. In fact he would say it had been borderline abusive, and she only seemed to want to be around him because he was scary. "You know what, it doesn't fucking matter, don't call me again, alright."
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 1:14 am

“Come on Rhys. I care about you? Besides, you were the one that came to me last week, remember?” Elaine argued on the phone. Emily felt his hand in hers and frowned lightly, wondering who he was talking to. Elaine scoffed as he told her not to call again. “Fine. But I want to meet. And I’m not giving you a choice. Because I’ll go to your hideout with all your friends and really mess things up for you?” She said so casually like it was just some innocent suggestion. “You sound boring. Are you already clean again?”
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 1:19 am

Rhys grit his teeth. He could barely remember what he had done in his relapse weeks. That was the thing with addiction for him. He forgot himself, forgot time and space, and made stupid choices. He grit his teeth, "aight .. I'll meet with you .. don't be stupid about it," he said, but her last question sounded more like mockery. He looked down a little, "No thanks yo you," he said, no she had always encouraged his toxic behaviour. It was as if she thrived when he was low. "I'm free tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 1:56 am

She whined happily as he agreed to meet with her. She was already quite looking forward to it. Emily sat up and touched his chest carefully with her free hand, just wanting him to know that whatever it was, she was there for him. “Tomorrow then. At your place or mine?” Elaine asked, biting down on her index in anticipation. “I promise I’ll behave since you’re clean. But then I expect you to be nice as well.” She spoke like a kittens purr, always michievious and up to something.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 8:10 am

"Your place," yeah, he wasn't risking her coming over to his place this time around. He felt Emily touching his chest, and he looked down to her. He wasn't quite sure how to feel, if he was being honest, but appeasing Elaine was easier than putting up a fight. Besides she was crazy, and if she didn't get her way she would try something stupid. He hummed at her promise, and if that was it he would hang up.
Breathing out in relief but also a slight groan he placed his phone down, leaning his head back to look up at the ceiling. "Sorry about that," he muttered, closing his eyes to take a few deep breaths.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 8:18 am

Elaine was clapping her hands in joy as he made a choice. “Cant wait to see you.” She said almost sweetly before he hung up. Emily did notice that he had completely changed now but tried to not seem too worried; even if she was. He looked at the ceiling and she looked at him, shaking her head at his mutter. “Dont apologize.” She said softly, unsure whether he needed a moment or wanted her close, so she just remained where she was next to him. His phone rang again and this time it would be the lady from the shelter. “Hey Rhys. It’s Rhonda from earlier, you were looking for your cat? Well I have three cats that matches your description and time yesterday in different shelters. Do you have anything to note it down or will you remember?”
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 8:34 am

And he couldn't wait to get it over with. After hanging up, he took a second to breathe before pulling Emily in closer. It was strange because usually when he felt upset, he would push everyone away. She told him not to apologise and yet he couldn't help it. He knew he didn't have the best life, and when he considered what he had done he might've needed to apologise further.
However as his phone rang, he picked it up, about to scold Elaine for wasting his time when he had already agreed to meet up. However he was met by the sweet woman, a bit stunned at first he cleared his throat, "yeah, we'll write them down," he said, putting the phone on speaker so he could type in his notes app. "Thank you so much for calling back, I'll call them up and see what's up," he told Rhonda. He looked to Emily with a more hopeful look and after saying his goodbyes to Rhonda they started calling around.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 8:44 am

She didnt mind being pulled in, in fact she just wanted to help him the best way she could, but only he knew what that would be. The phone rang again and she did hope that it wasnt the woman who had annoyed him, yet then it seeemed to be the shelter. She listened to Rhonda list the centers and Rhys nothing them down, feeling a bit more hopeful. “No problem. I hope you find your cat. It seems like you care much for it.” She told him before wishing him a good day. Emily chuckled softly, clearly relieved. He called around and it turned out that one cat was waiting for surgery while another was in emergency surgery. The last one, had been so sick that it hadnt made it through the night. Emily shook her head at the last one. “That cant be the alley cat.” She said, maybe a little desperate to believe her own words.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 8:51 am

"Alright, well, I guess we better get dressed and go check them out," he said nodding to himself as he got up. He wanted to remain hopeful in this, so he reached a hand to her, helping her to her feet. "You'll get that kiss when we have the cat," he smiled. Being optimistic was the only thing they could do right now. Rhys got in to his pants, looking up the addresses and pulled on his shirt. He then went to grab his shoes, making sure he knew the way when Emily had finished. They could always get a shower later, but the more they waited, the harder it was going to be.
Once they were ready he went out to his bike, taking out the helmets and handing one to her. He assumed she knew how to do it by now, if not he would help her. He got on the bike, the motor roaring to life and probably waking the whole neighborhood. He just grinned, hoping he had woken up Dave as well. Once she was on, they were off, picking the cat that was waiting for surgery as it was the one closest to them.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 9:12 am

He was right and she couldnt agree more. When he got up and offered her a hand she took it with a soft smile. She wanted to tell him that she appreciated him and how much he was putting into finding the cat, but that might be too sappy. His remark about saving the kiss she chuckled at, “Okay. But now I’m expecting it.” She said as she  walked over to her closet to pick out an outfit.
She as always made sure to change with her neck somehow hidden away before she was ready to head outside. He handed her a helmet and she sort of knew how to put it on but still had him check just to be sure. “I dont know whether to get my hopes up or not.” She scoffed. Maybe she shouldnt, that would make it hurt less if they couldnt find it or found out that it had been euthanized.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 9:25 am

He hummed in agreement, but didn't say much as they traveled to the first shelter. The cat was definitely not the one from the alley as this one was way different in fur and markings. The next was also not the one they had been looking for. Rhys opted to go to the last shelter as well, having Emily stay out by the bike as he went in. Getting a general description made him shake his head in defeat. It wasn't any of these cats. He came out to the bike, a frown on his face as they had now searched far and wide. "Not here either .. It's like the cat has disappeared into thin air," he sighed, shaking his head as he leaned up against his bike, crossing his arms in front of his chest. Right now there was only one thing on his mind. "Alright .. I guess I'll have to beat it out of that weasel," he stated, clearly talking about Dave.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 9:41 am

The went to the shelters and frankly it got disappointing really quick. She just wouldnt believe that the cat had been that bad. It had just been ugly, not dying! When they got to the last shelter with the one that hadnt made it through the night, she just had to come to terms that the cat may never be found again. And when he came back with a frown, she had to agree. “Yeah, who knew a cat that ugly would blend in so well. Maybe they were all related to some extent.” She shrugged. It wouldnt seem too unlikely. Rhys mentioned Dave and she just shook her head, checking the time. “I have to go do something.” She said, not wanting to dig into what. She had to go to the temples for a checkup by the nice clergy that had been taking care of her all this time.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 9:44 am

"Oh, yeah, uh, you want me to drop you off?" He wouldn't mind a drive, and perhaps that was better than beating the living daylights out of Dave when he felt this angry. He looked to her, reaching out to touch her hand. He sorta needed that touch, but also felt a bit guilty just taking it. "I'll try to be civil with the weasel .. see of we can't get some answers," he said, shrugging lightly. Sure, if that didn't work, he could always take out his anger and frustration on him.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 1:04 pm

“Yeah sure.” She agreed, though she wouldnt ask him to take her to the temples. She sort of wanted to do that on her own. Giving his hand a soft squeeze she chuckled as he mentioned Dave again. “I hope he says something useful quick so you dont end up beating him anyway.” She said. “I dont know when I’ll be back. But I can always just text you. Let you know that I’m back home and safe.” She shrugged. She put her helmet back on, having gotten the hang of it by now quite well. She didnt feel as uneasy as before. Though she might always prefer car over bike in that sense.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 1:10 pm

He scoffed, "I'll make him talk one way or another," he just said before they got on the bike. He simply dropped her off where she wanted to be dropped off, even if it was back at her apartment. Regardless he had some business to take care of in regards to Dave. He had also made sure to type in his number for her, so she could text him when she was done. It was strange how used to her he had gotten. The fact that they had spent almost a whole day together was kinda crazy. But he liked it a lot.
Arriving at the apartment complex, he parked the bike, heading up the stairs and knocked on Dave's door. "Just wanna talk," Rhys said, though he was trying to be calm about it, he was also very angry with that damned weasel.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 1:24 pm

“I bet.” She said, wrapping her arms around him, feeling quite content with the day as well, even if they hadnt found the alley cat yet. She just had a feeling in her gut that it would be somewhere. She asked to be dropped off at the nearest station for the pipes. She could easily navigate the underground trains and get to where she had to. Getting his number she hugged him before she left, mumbling a lowered thank you before heading down the stairs to the pipes.

Dave was just going through with his day, which meant grocery shopping by the time Rhys arrived. He came in and headed up the stairs to see the brute by his door. Frowning a little he considered his options. Which ended up being dropping his bags and just leg it as he left the building again and ran down the street. But he wasnt exactly the fastest guy around.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 1:47 pm

He took a step back or two, just trying to remember that this guy was basically an idiot who might co-operate better if he just acted nicely. However as the bags were dropped behind him, Rhys turned around to see the idiot running. "Fuck," he muttered under his breath as he set off after him. He was fairly fit, and actually seemed to catch up to Dave within minutes, chasing him down until he grabbed a hold of the back of his shirt. "Whoa there, cowboy," making both of them stop, not caring if it made Dave fall, cause he would still be holding him by the back of his shirt. "What's the matter? Don't wanna talk?" he asked, tilting his head to the side as he looked at the guy. To think he was even wasting his breath on him, but then again he was doing it for Emily.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 2:36 pm

It seemed that the best option was go try and run. Why else was Rhys here? He had gotten extra scared just by his aura alone so there was no reason to believe that the guy was just here on a friendly visit. He was soon stopped and Dave almost fell though he could’ve fallen over his own legs! Shaking a little he looked at Rhys quite terrified. “Let me go brute!” He demanded, reaching down his pocket to reach for his phone. He had to call the police on this psycho before he really got hurt!
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 2:40 pm

Oh if he hadn't minded himself and his surroundings he might've smashed Dave's head in against the pavement. The guy lived up to the nickname that Emily had given him, weaseling his hand in to his pocket to grab his phone. Rhys wasn't having it, quickly snatching it up, and placing it in his own pocket, "let's go for a little walk, shall we?" Pulling the poor guy with him as he started to walk down the street. He didn't care if people stared, they either stared or they looked away in his opinion. "Now, you're going to be a good boy, and tell me what shelter you called, and where that damn cat is," speaking through gritted teeth he was trying to contain his anger as they were moving back towards the apartments.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 3:57 pm

Dave whined when Rhys snatched the phone from his hand, trembling and shaking already. “I dont want to go anywhere with you!” He yelled, trying to fight the strong grip to no avail. He would have to tear his shirt if he wanted to get free but he wasnt strong enough to do it in one go! Some people were staring and some didnt dare to. “Help me!” He just yelled, hoping someone would call the police and get him some help!
“I dont know wha.. what.. what shelter, I just called a hotline!” He whimpered, feeling powerless to break free and terrified of what Rhys would do to him when they got back. It was just a damned stray cat it shouldnt be that important!
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 4:04 pm

"Now Dave .. Can I call you Dave?" he would ignore any answer whether it be positive or negative, slowly dragging him with him as he walked. He saw someone lift their phone to start typing, giving them a hard glance and it seemed as though that worked to stop them from calling whoever they were trying to contact. "For this to work, you gotta be honest with me," he said, looking ahead, not even looking at that damned weasel simply because he didn't want to just bash his skull in.
The hotline you called must've given you a reference number, is that not correct?" his lips pulling up in a sinister smile as they reached the apartment complex. If Dave didn't lift his feet, he would simply drag him up the stairs. "Because anonymity isn't your style; You can't seem to keep your nose out of someone else's business," he sneered. With his free hand he grabbed the bags of grocery, picking them up and walking Dave towards his apartment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stay out of it
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next