Kaleidoscope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the world through a different lens

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
World Information

World Name | Gambion
Period | Modern
Year | 2023
Season | Winter
Month | January

Upcoming Holiday:

World Event:
None

<News> Total layout overhaul!
Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 6:14 pm by bels
Total layout overhaul!
June - 2022

General information
My my my, here we are again. We apologize for the radio silence, but as life has been keeping both admins busy like bees, we are happy to finally write a small news update for you. Things are happening on our small site, and we …

Comments: 0
<News> Activity Check and In-Game News!
Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 5:00 pm by bels
Activity Check and In-Game News!
December - 2021

General information
It is time once again for some news. The year is coming to an end and what a year it has been! We've held our first world event, welcomed new and old players and seen as your creativity has sprung freely in the …

<News> End of Event - What’s Next?
Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am by bels
What's Next?
September - 2021

General information
Wow, has it really been 5 months since our last news update? Well Summer has come and gone, and today we close up the world event that has been running since December of last year. But with the event ending we are now faced with the …

<News> Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:35 pm by bels
Happy Easter and a Couple of Updates!
April - 2021

General information
First of all, happy easter for those who celebrate! Though we'll all be celebrating differently, we'd like to wish you a good time either way. 2021 has now had it's first three months, and as we are now entering …

<News> Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm by bels
Finishing Off the Year & Upcoming World Event
December - 2020

General information
With the year of 2020 nearing its end, we thought it would be optimal to do a small round-up of how the year has been, what has happened and unveil some plans for the future. 2020 has for many been …

Stay out of it

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
Emily

Emily

Full name : Emmeline Jacobs
Quote : How can someone be cold as a corpse when they’re this hot?

Stay out of it  - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 4:24 pm

Dave didnt want to be called by his name or even be dragged like this and yet here they were. It seemed that Rhys could scare anyone with just a look and as he asked for honesty Dave wasnt sure he had done much else. “No, I just left an anonoymous tip… I didnt… I thought she wouldnt find out… fuck, dont hurt me.
!” He begged, not wanting to walk up the stairs is that was what awaited him im his apartment.
He didnt take out his key as they reached the door, grabbing onto Rhys. He would be done for the moment they got inside right? So this was his shot. “It cant just be because of that cat right? It’s because… because she said something? Right? Yeah, she must have said something.” He said, panicking, trying to somehow reason with the brute. “If it’s ‘cause of that one time… I swear I didnt see what she was doing. I just want to keep a peaceful life!”
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

Full name : Rhys Kaine

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 4:31 pm

"You've forfeited the right to decide what you want," he spoke coldly, not caring one bit about his pleading. He stopped at the door, frowning as the guy didn't take out his key. What? Did he think Rhys would be afraid to hurt him in bright daylight? Not in the slightest. However soon enough the guy started to spill things Rhys hadn't known. To be fair, it was only about the cat. At least that was what Rhys told himself, but also he wasn't going to stop Dave in blabbering. "Say what you did .. And I might let you off easy," what had this pervert done? He was fuming more now, his aura increasing slightly as he wanted Dave to suffer. "Use your fucking words."
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 4:48 pm

Say what he did? He swallowed hard, whimpering as the mere presence of Rhys just made him feel terrible. Like thoughts were sneaking into his mind every second he was near him. He was sobbing, whimpering and blabbering, barely speaking coherent words until Rhys demanded it. “She always covers up, always. Never not wearing a long shirt. I didnt mean to see her that one time! I didnt mean to!” He blubbered, tears and snot running down his face. “I swear something is not right with her. It’s not right. I tried to be nice to her but she…. She reeks of death. I dont know if she’s just keeping another fucking dead cat or something… fuck…!”
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 4:55 pm

Dave was a mess already. And he wasn't making it better for himself, that was for sure, however as he started to criticize Emily he frowned, grabbing harder around his shirt. "Say what you did, stop going around it so much," he hated repeating himself. He found his observations about Emily odd. He hadn't noticed anything in peculiar. Well besides some weird quirks, but she didn't smell of death to him. Had Dave ever truly smelt death before? No, she was different, and that was a good thing, because this whole fucking town reeked of shit. "I'm going to count to three .. And if you don't tell me what you did .. I'll start breaking your fingers," he said as he slowly put down the bag of groceries. Straightening his back a little he looked at Dave, "one .." cracking his neck just for the extra effect, "two .."
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 5:19 pm

It was like he couldnt quite concentrate when the fear of getting hurt and the probability that he was about to get hurt, was clouding his thoughts. And the sobbing and blubbering wasnt helping either. Then the threat was there and he started shaking his head profusely. "Dont do this!" he begged, shaking and crying as he just seemed to shut down and mumble in incoherent speech of begging and pleading before the hybrid had even gotten to lay a finger on him.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 5:25 pm

Rhys scoffed, "you brought this on yourself," he said, grabbing on to the guy's pinky, snapping it with ease and tossing him down to the ground. Towering over him he reached down to take his hand, inspecting the broken finger with a small sigh, "now, you're a clever guy, so I'm wondering how many broken fingers it will take to make you realize all you have to do is speak." He toyed lightly with the next finger, tilting his head to the side, "Dave, please refresh my memory and tell me what you did," if he didn't answer, he would simply break the finger, unbothered by the screams of the man in pain.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 5:42 pm

Dave wasnt really realizing what was happening until the sharp pain shot down his finger, whining and screaming, holding onto his hand for dear life as he was thrown on the ground. He didnt look at the brute, just looking around in panic though there was no escape. "Wha... it hurts. I cant!" he whimpered, going right back to his weird mumblings. It wasnt like Dave was the kind of guy who had gotten hurt before. Maybe once when he was younger, way younger. But eventually, a few fingers later he spilled it. He had noticed something odd about Emily's trash and gone through it just to find some kind of horrible thing of decay that looked eaten, like someone had waited for it to go bad before digging into.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 8:16 pm

Rhys was almost ready to move on to the second hand before Dave said what he had seen. Gritting his teeth he found the weasel disgusting, giving him a hard kick in the stomach for good measure. He leaned down, grabbing him by the hair, looking in to his eyes rather seriously. "If you tell anyone about this, then I'll know .. And I won't just break your fingers then," he hissed, tossing him aside, straightening out his shirt.
He turned to leave, having noted everything in his head, and with Dave's phone still in his pocket he went to call the hotline number he had used. "Hi, uhm, weird request, but my friend called from this number last night to report a cat in need of help?" he would sound rather charming and so unlike the man who had just beaten information out of the weasel that he stood not far from. "Sure, I'll hold," he sounded almost cheery.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 8:28 pm

Being kicked in the stomach only made him curl up and feel sick, a bit of saliva running down his chin. The warning was clear. And Dave was still in a panic. “I wont!” Dave promised over and over between sobs, choking up on snot and what not that was caused by the pain in his hand. He just remained on the floor like the mess that he was, still feeling utterly terrified and now hurt too.

The lady on the phone was nice, handing out the shelter that had taken in a cat that had been called in last night by the number he called from, but told him that he wouldnt be able to go see it. The shelter was open early in the mornings only. She did however suggest to make an appointment for him to come see the cat if he wanted to? “As far as I know, the vet visit went fine, but he is scheduled to have his eye removed because of how big it is at this point.” She said, but couldnt tell more than that as she wasnt an expert. She assured him that the shelter would take him through what the cat had gone through.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 8:35 pm

"That's really great news," he said, feeling almost relieved, and yet a little annoyed that they were closed already. However he passed on his personal phone number, saying that they could contact him as he didn't want to inconvinience his friend. "Also, I'd like to pay for whatever surgeries it might need as well as its stay there .. I intend to adopt it, so whatever it needs I'll pay for," he assured the lady, and pleaded that she might relay that to the shelter. After handing over his information, he thanked her before hanging up.
Turning he looked at Dave, scoffing as he threw his phone to him. "Thank you for your co-operation," he said, the phone screen breaking against the ground as it slid across and over to him.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 8:40 pm

While Rhys was talking to the lady, Dave was slowly crawling away, just wanting to get away from the brute that had hurt him. The lady in the phone was surprised to hear that he would adopt it. “Oh. Well that is fantastic news! I’ll make sure that the shelter knows.” She assured him. She promised to call back with a date for him to go see the cat and that was that. Dave was just sitting in the corner of his hallway, begging that Rhys would leave. When the phone was thrown to him, he used his healthy hand to call for help, but hesitated. He didnt want to risk having the brute beat him again, so he would wait, at least until he was gone.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 9:09 pm

Rhys scoffed as he watched Dave, placing a finger over his lips making a small hushing sound as he winked at him. That was when he decided to leave. If he was adopting a cat, then perhaps his best option was to go out and actually buy shit for said cat. Getting on his bike, he spent most of his day learning, buying cat stuff and he wasn't sure why, but he kept checking his phone for updates from Emily.
He still had all that shit that Dave had said to think about, but being a brute he honestly didn't like to speculate. He would talk to her about it when he saw her again, which he hoped would be soon. He couldn't recall when he had ever felt this much in need to just see and be around someone. But she was special.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 9:14 pm

It wasnt till late night that she finally messaged him:

[Emily:] Hey. I’m home again. I’m so exhausted and drained. Feel like I could pass out the moment I lie down.
[Emily:] Okay, lying down, hoping I dont pass out right away.

She laid down with a loud thump, turning onto her back and sighing deeply. She was wearing a bandage over her neck. The clergy had taken another biopsy and tried a new method to reduce the way the scar looked gnarly and horrible. But Emily had lost hope for ever getting a normal looking neck a long time ago.

[Emily:] Didnt fall asleep! How was your day?
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 9:23 pm

Okay maybe he had splurged a bit, seeing as he was carrying multiple bags up to his small apartment. There would soon be more cat stuff than actual furniture in his home, but he felt good about that. Perhaps that meant it would actually start to feel like a home. Unpacking to the best of his abilities he decided to put together the cat tower, sitting down on the floor with the manual in front of him. The messages ticked in, pulling his phone out a smile came upon his lips.

[Rhys:] My day was filled with a bit of ups and downs
[Rhys sent a picture]
[Rhys:] Currently building this
[Rhys:] Let's just say I might've found our alley cat

He smiled to himself, feeling rather excited to tell her that. She had been so worried, and he hoped this would mean her weekend wasn't a complete waste.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 10:21 pm

She waited for him to reply and when he did, she bit her lip in a smile looking at the notification. However the reply at first made her frown but then the picture took her by surprise and she covered her mouth in excitement.

[Emily:] You’re going to create the perfect cat home for it!
[Emily:] So you found the shelter that took it?
[Emily:] You’re amazing.

She held her phone and hugged it to her chest with a happy smile. This was perfect.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 10:46 pm

Rhys smiled as he could already imagine her smiling, loving the way she wrote, and he frankly felt a little blown away. He chuckled, typing back as fast as he could.

[Rhys:] Well it wasn't easy .. It's having a few operations
[Rhys:] But I'll go see it Monday

He hoped that it would indeed be the cat, because otherwise this was a lot of money. Not that he really lacked money. He was pretty lucky that he was paid relatively good. Sometimes being him had its perks.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyMon May 09, 2022 11:00 pm

She looked at her phone again as the messages chimed in, feeling quite excited. She had a feeling that it was in fact the alley cat. The relieve was already starting to tick in slowly.

[Emily:] Fingers crossed.
[Emily:] Can I come with you?

She folded her lips as she sent the last message. She would have to ask to go in later for work. But surely it wouldnt be a problem. Or so she thought. Her eyes felt a little heavy but the bandage on her neck was making her skin itch. Itching will be good Emily. Means that I might have done something right she remembered, exhaling deeply.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 7:17 am

He couldn't help but chuckle as he thought of course she wanted to come with him. He smiled at his screen, typing back that she could indeed come.

[Rhys:] My only condition is that you agree to come visit me next weekend
[Rhys:] You know, to see if it has settled in

He smiled to himself, finding it weird but also good how she could make him feel happy. It was just so different from those who had come before. Not that he had ever had anyone like Emily. He thought about it for a second and frowned. He had her? No, he was just acting possessive.
They hadn't really agreed to anything, and besides his slip up with Elaine - which had been during his relapse - he hadn't wanted to be with anyone besides her. Even with all the rude shit Dave had said, he refused to believe that she could be anything but perfect.

[Rhys:] By the way I might've paid the weasel a visit
[Rhys:] He needed a bit of persuading
[Rhys:] He also said a lot of nasty shit about you

He sighed, closing his eyes as he leaned back, looking at the cat tower that was half finished at this point. Scratching his scalp he grabbed his phone again.

[Rhys:] Don't worry about him .. He's just a nosy lowlife that thinks creeping on neighbors is okay
[Rhys:] I didn't believe him anyways - cause the shit he said just isn't true
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 10:47 am

His condition didnt seem too bad. She would love to see whether the little guy had settled in or not. She had to admit that she hadnt been too sure about texting him but now when she was lying here in bed, feeling butterflies in her stomach like a teenager, it had been a good decision. That was at least until the conversation turned to Dave. She scoffed, having imagined that it didnt exactly go well. For Dave that was. The last text she frowned at. What did he mean by that? What had Dave said?
She didnt answer and as the next messages ticked in, she frowned. What had Dave done? Had he seen her… do weird stuff? She sat up looking around. She had undead-proofed the entire place. There was no way. Her fridge was empty except for the food that she couldnt eat yet. But it looked fresh enough!

[Emily:] That’s so messed up and weird
[Emily:] I dont even wanna know what he said.. geez
[Emily:] I’m gonna sleep now. Goodnight Rhys.

She put her phone on mute before putting it away. She felt so awake and annoyed now, but also tired and exhausted. Her neck began itching again and she just tore off the bandage and threw it away, even if it made her neck bleed a little. Wasnt like she could die anyway. She was just a shell that if tapped would be magically filled, for all eternity she believed. Rhys’ last text was in her mind. He would leave her if he found out, wouldnt he? She began sniffling, hiding her face away in a pillow that she soon realized was the once he had been sleeping on. She hugged it close, even if she would bleed on it.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 5:33 pm

While their conversation ended a bit abruptly, he also hadn't texted enough times with her to know that it was out of the ordinary. In fact he just smiled at her messages, hoping that she would get the rest that she deserved.

[Rhys:] Sleep tight, princess

He finished up setting up the cat tower, also taking the time to prepare where he wanted the food and water to be as well as general tidying up. Hell, if Emily was coming over he didn't want her to think that he lived in a pigsty! Going to bed rather late, mostly because he dreaded what would happen the following day, his sleep was just as restless.
When he finally woke up he checked his phone, and seeing no messages from Emily, he assumed she was either busy or sleeping. He himself took a shower and got dressed to go meet up with Elaine at her place.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 5:51 pm

Emily didnt answer in the morning, and she probably wouldnt for a while. But that wouldnt stop the day. Elaine was waiting. And she was quite excited. One thing was when he came over to just seemingly forget the world and pick up on his addiction, which she didnt mind. The way he affected her with his presence was like a drug to her. She loved how scared he could make her… yeah, she was odd. Sitting in front of her big mirror, she was putting on makeup. Decided to take a picture that she sent him. Just a mirror picture of her outfit. That was always daring and yet elegant, because she had style and she lived an expensive lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 5:58 pm

Rhys decided to take the bike. It was the easiest mode of transportation available to him, and it meant he didn't have to rely on a taxi or anything like that. He was putting on his helmet as his phone sounded off, hoping it had been Emily. However he was quite disappointed when he found that it was Elaine. Gritting his teeth in annoyance he didn't reply, simply got on the bike and went to her place. She lived large. A fancy apartment in the fancy end of town. It wasn't that Rhys was without money, but even he had to admit she had enough to waste.
Heading to the door, the door man recognized him, sending him a nervous smile, "s-she's w-waiting for you, s-sir," he tried his best not to stammer, but even for a big man like him he was terrified of Rhys. Whatever his employer saw in him, he didn't know, and he dared not ask. Rhys went in, heading up the stairs. Looking down he had to roll his eyes, seeing the flower petals leading him the way to his destination.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 6:16 pm

She was waiting for him on the floor in her livingroom, surrounded by the petals and nice lights around her. “You’re finally here~” she chuckled, gesturing for him to join her on the floor. She was a little eccentric to say the least. The living lights spread a nice smell in the air. Just looking at him, she could feel the hairs on her arms stand up.
“So go on. Tell me what you’ve been up to.. why you havent been around as much? I miss you.” She spoke with a soft smile, tilting her head curiously.
Back to top Go down
Rhys

Rhys

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 6:31 pm

He remained standing, gritting his teeth as she might've lured him here, but he wasn't interested in being close to her. She brought out the worst in him, not that he was really aware of that just yet. Crossing his arms in front of his chest, he tried to relax, because she seemed to thrive when he was fuming and scary. "Been getting and staying sober," he said, keeping his replies brief. He hadn't missed her. "And you know how my father gets when I stay away from my responsibilities for too long."
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 6:39 pm

If he wanted to remain where he was then fine. She wouldnt force him to sit in front of her. His answer was dull and she rolled her eyes before she chuckled. “You could just be like all the other goons and not care?” She shrugged. She decided to get up, correcting her dress a little before gesturing for him to look. “You didnt answer my message. Am I not pretty enough for you?” She asked, moving closer, but not too close. She looked him up and down. Hummed softly, approving of his looks before moving a bit closer. “Or is it only when you’re down and angry that you finally decide to look my way?” She asked, pouting like it was somehow unfair on her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stay out of it    Stay out of it  - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stay out of it
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next